Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Doylestown, Pennsylvania - Carpet installation

If you are a person that is looking out for American jobs don't not let Lowe's install your carpet. Three Spanish guys that could not speak a word English installed my carpet. There was no possible communicating here! Also, it sounded like they were tearing my house down and that I was living in a foreign country. Never buy flooring again from Lowe's. They are in the process of installing it. I will post layer about how the job turns out. Lowes markets like they are an American family place.? Really? Now I am listening to Spanish music. Crazy! I posted more than need to say, but am required to type100 words.

I purchase 1633 sq. ft.

Stain master carpeting I was over charge $1996.00 the next morning I return as they were making the corrections they screw up 3 times before they got it right a different of $3000.00- $900.00 charges for Taxes and Labor the Promo read Stain Masters Carpet FREE Labor & Taxes with $5000.00 of materials. they made 2 separate receipts one for the Sub contractors materials such as padding tact strips labor on stairs. I had too insist on only one receipt for my "Lowes Promo 84 mos.at 5.9 %"

I got it!

Later then I called the credit card services checking on the amount I was still over charge $49.98 I took care of that. But still over charge of .98

Kadieann22

While the installers where installing my carpet, I quickly changed my mind. Even though the installers couldn't speak English which I disapprove of, they did an excellent job.

They where so attentive about closing the door every time they went outside and turning the light off when they left a room. They were also quick, hardworking, and good.

I will not be so quick to judge next time. Maybe Lowes will provide them with a class to learn English!

I have to agree with this person, the same thing happened to me and they installed it poorly and had to come back..the one guy kept shaking my hand and getting closer and closer..felt very uncomfortable..never again

View more comments (2)
$2000

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Retract my previous complaint of Lowe's.

Recently complained of a GE cooktop I purchased from Lowe's. Since it was past the 30 day return date-I was not able to return it. I called the corporate headquarters and talked to a very nice person named Nicole. She and the local manager here in Sarasota, Gary, took care of the problem and let me return the cooktop for a full refund. THANK YOU is all I can say! Great customer service and they went way over and beyond what was expected. I never expected a refund but was hoping for an exchange. A forever customer of Lowe's here.

Now if they could empower their local staff to make simple customer retention decisions like this one. But that would be bad for this website!

katie95467

Stll no help from lowes about Bfs lawn tractor. They dont stand by their extended warrenty.

We have told them what was wrong and they insist there is nothing wrong. Obviously they dont now their *** from there elbows and havent shopped there since.

nikalseyn

Glad to hear of your experience at Lowe's. We have been buying our appliances from them for some years now with great prices, service and free delivery. Highly recommended.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Your practices

In 2005 my husband was an employee at Lowes. He was to have been a full time employee, but due to a mix up in training date, he was not listed as such. They were in the process of fixing that when he became ill, he died in Feb, 2006 of MRSA. He was 60 years old and had never been sick ever. Your company not only denied his life insurance, but in your most understand and caring way charged me over $600.00 to replace and install two hollow core normal bedroom doors. No discount, no compassion, just business as normal. My husband told me when he started working there that Lowes was a great company and would take care of him. RIGHT! I haven't been in Lowes since, will never go into Lowes again, and will tell everyone I can to shop at Home Depot. You don't give a hoot about your employees, your supervisors don't know squat, Your HR people don't know squat and the stock he took out goes up and down more than any roller coaster in the world. I hope Lowes gets EVERYTHING they deserve, and I hope this was an isolated case and you don't screw all your employees like you did my husband. I do thank the two employees that came to his viewing, and the one that came to visit him in the hospital. I have waited years to get this off my chest, and I do thank you for that!

My husband died on the job in the parking lot of Lowes Prattville. They say he didnt have life insurance.

I saw him sign up for it. I know he had it. The day he died in their parking lot while working I pulled him off the vent - the day he died they closed his My loweslife account so I couldnt see anything. They tol me it was workers comp - gave me cards told me not to use my BCBS but when he died they denied everything.

I got an attorney because they did not give me the life insurance and give me workers comp. Bless your heart!

#702022

Lowes doesn't care about their employees. Right before I left, one of my loaders was hit by a car and killed.

One of the ASM's told me he called out sick. I found out by a customer how my loader died. When I confronted the ASM about it, he said the police came in asking about his next of kin, but that didn't prove he was dead. He was so heartless.

This was on Christmas eve, and he had the nerve to tell me to get over it and get back to work. There was no memorial or anything mentioned of him. Lowes really doesn't care about their customers or employees, all they care about is their bottom line.

Lowes was the only place I have worked where I actually had to double check my hours, if you went over a certain # of hours, you didn't get paid for it. Your time was magically edited and of course the computer did it on it's own :sigh

This is common practice in the retail world. I work for a competitor of Lowes and I can assure you it's no different.

The people in charge don't care about us. All they care about is making more money on our hard work. I can assure the hardest part about working retail is working at the store level or in the warehouses. The big wigs at the general office think they know everything, when in fact they do way less work and know nothing while getting paid way more.

The whole system is corrupt. Richest man in Wisconsin owns where I work, yet he can't pay a decent wage or even give us a fridge in our break-room, forget decent AC during the 90+ weather.

No one gets the insurance threw our company because it's horribly expensive and does not cover much. You can be an amazing worker but one complaint about you by some crazy customer and you're gone.

I know what you are saying as I am a former employee of Lowes also. That is the way most stores are run, not just Lowes.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania - Customer service

every time i've gone into lowes in belle vernon pa. it has been hard to get help from the staff ,either there is no one around to ask question,they are not very knowledgable, or just don't want to be bothered. the employees are not very engaged.i don't know if it's because i am a women but they really don't want to take the time and any questions i've ask they have given me the shortest answer they can.i have started going to home depot even though it is further from my house. this is not a one time experience that i have had at the particular store. maybe they should get some lessons in customer sevice from home depot.

I have Had trouble with the service people cancelling service appointments.

Try calling them they will put you on hold for 30 minutes and then hang up on you,

Lady, if you knew the *** employees went through in the past two years, the money and perks that were taken from them, you'd be pissed to. Don't play the female card.

I worked at Lowes, training is limited, not every employee knows every department and which aisle it's located on. They are short staffed. And it's not just your store. I meet people on a weekly basis that hate their job, but they need that job.

The girl that works the register at my nearby pharmacy is a *** but I don't stop shopping there, she probably hates her job but needs to put food on the table.

So suck it up. Find *** yourself, or take the one word answers and run with it, or actual walk your lazy self up front to request assistance, better yet, push the dozens of assistant buttons throughout Lowes.

@Anonymous

You are very SMART! I wish everyone looked at it this way.

"Marty", I would not shop your store since your "values" have been put forth with great arrogance. Please tell us where you work so we may avoid the company who employs you.

As for any box store retailer, they are all the same, low pay, a company who only cares about themselves and low work ethics. Another Union hater.

just what the world needs.

Home Depot is no better I can assure you. I work for a competitor of both Lowes and Home Depot; the hiring process is interesting for us to say the least.

We hire base off inexperience and how easily we can influence you. We also pay you less because of this and you won't question it. We also will not hire anyone who has ever been in a union.

It drives me nuts when people come in to our stores and think we are experts because we are not. The average worker for us is a recent high school graduate or college student who has no experience with remodeling or doing lawn care AND WE WANT IT THIS WAY.

View more comments (5)

Screen Door from Lowes

about a month ago I ordered a Screen Tight Meadow in Natural Wood Screen Door. The door was 30 dollars more than Home Depot but I ordered from Lowes because the shipping claimed to be a week sooner. Needless to say the door did not arrive in time and when it finally did (10 days later than they claimed) the screen was ripped. So they offered to replace the screen, that was now 11 days ago and they tell me is "should" arrive sometime next week. Lesson learned - will NEVER shop at Lowes again, their attitude is so lax concerning customer care. This store sucks!

They estimated the manufacturers time of delivery. The rip was caused during shipment.

When else "should" they tell you it would arrive.

Why again was this Lowes fault? Because they were not overly apologetic, because they didn't go to the manufacturer to pick up the screen and deliver it to you personally, because an employee was there during the whole shipping process to make sure there was no damage to the door...ugh

ALL ORDERS PLACE VIA RETAIL STORES THAT ARE SHIPPED TO STORE ARE ESTIMATED DATES FOR ARRIVAL NOTHING IS GUARANTEED. The rip is unfortunate but it does happen and generally by the people shipping the item so be PlSSED AT THEM.

I work for a competitor of Lowes, I do a bout 1-2 special orders a week and every time I'm sure to tell the guest that's it's an estimated date and it could be here quicker or take much longer.

I've placed orders that say it will be here in 7 days for it to take 21 days. We've even had orders for certain items that say 14 days to take 6 months to get in because of supply and demand.

View more comments (1)
Loss
My girlfriend works for lowes and was written up for calling out sick. What is the point in having sick days if you can't use them. I just don't understand the point. Can anyone help me to understand why she was written up. I am just trying to get to 1 hundred...

I never had to have a doctor's note. She needed to contest being wrote up instead of accepting it.

View more comments
  • Sick time policy

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Will not stand behind warranty

I have bought approximately $10,000 worth of appliances with Lowes. They sell you a extended warranty and won't stand behind it. I will never buy anything from them ever again! When I called to get service they could not find a repair company out. When they said they would send a company out the company never showed up. I called back and they said the company didn't service the area. I waited all day. No one ever called to tell me the company did not service the area. They sent out another company and they didn't show up at the right time. They were late. The worst company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!

Dear Heartless,

I appreciate your feedback. I guess I didn't make myself clear.

Lowes are their own warranty company. They have the their own warranty division. It has been over a year so the extended warranty company did kick in. I will try the manufacture.

Thank you for your input.

I still would not recommend buying anything from them. This is not the first time I have had trouble with them.

Extended warranties do not start until the manufactures warranty ends. I highly recommend calling the manufacture first even if you think the warranty is up they can generally help you a lot quicker and more efficiently than any retail store....

And it sounds to me like the issue is the repair shops, not LOWES... Lowes does not do repairs so it's contracted out they cannot help if the place they ask for help does a POOR JOB....

Be PlSSED AT the repair shop.... Lowes clearly has tried you tool.....

View more comments (1)
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes sold me incorrect insulation

I went to Lowes for crawlspace insulation, I'm not an insulation guy so I didnt know better. They sold me insulation for an attic application. I thought the guy who installed the insulation did a sloppy job, it was the wrong material. the attic insulation had no back material, it could not be stuffed up between the joist in my crawler without shredding the material and making a big mess. What do you do when its already installed? On top of that they charged me $80.00 to deliver. Now my crawler looks like a little kid installed the insulation.

If your not "an insulation guy" how do you know he did a sloppy job???? I always love how one minute a person is not an expert then the next they are crying about what a poor job it was or how it should have been done differently.....

Loss
Lowes employee shattered my rear windsheild and has yet to reimburse me!!
I went to pick up a load of lumber after placing a $600 phone order. As the employee was helping my husband load the plywood the employee shoved the corner of a piece of plywood into my trucks rear window and shattered it! The senior assistant manager in charge filled...

I am seeing a pattern here. I think someone from Lowes keeps leaving posts on others complaints calling them lazy and ***.

You are not fooling anyone Mr. get off your butt.

View more comments
  • shattered windsheild

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Don't buy GE cooktops from Lowe's!

Purchased a GE ceramic cooktop from Lowe's. This cooktop sucks, and with Lowe's horrible appliance return policy-I wasn't able to return it. It took some time to realize what a piece of junk it was and by then it was too late. If you cook ANYTHING!, even boil eggs and the water bubbles onto the cooktop-it takes a lot of paper towels and a lot of ceramic cooktop cleaner to clean the mess up. Count on 15 minutes of scrubbing this cooktop with clean, dry paper towels to remove the residue from the cleaner and any food/grease particles that may be left on the stove.
ptprct

UPDATE! I called Lowe's corporate office to complain about this stove and they very graciously took the cooktop back and refunded my money.

A forever fan! Thank you Gary in Sarasota and Nicole in North Carolina!

quit being lazy and use a razor blade, takes anything of any glass surface, duh

Why would any retailer want to take back a used appliance that you haven't been able to keep clean? Glass cook tops take a lot of work to keep clean.

Once food gets burned on it gets harder and harder to clean off and some foods will eventually bond to the glass. It's not Lowes problem that you didn't do a little more research before you bought the product.

And how is this Lowes problem??

Perhaps your cooking ability may be the problem.

View more comments (4)