Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Mount Juliet, Tennessee - Isn’t allowing me to return the containers for a full refund

I purchased some asphalt sealer last year from Lowe's. The sealer started to peel and flake within days. Within one month I asked a store clerk on have to get a customer satisfaction refund. He did a claim for Black Jack sealer with Black Jack refusing the claim. The container states on the side money back for customer satisfaction, Lowe's isn’t allowing me to return the containers for a full refund. Lowe's Customer satisfaction is. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the merchandise to any Lowe's store in the U.S. within 90* days. We, in our discretion, will repair it, replace it, or, based on your method of payment with a valid receipt, refund your money.

What's the point? You say you purchased a year ago and are now trying to return it yet you stated you had 90 days from time of purchase.

Or after one year, you are finally upset enough to get on this site and complain???

Your complaint is not valid.

LadyScot

If it peeled after a few days, why wait a month? Money back for customer satisfaction is from the manufacturer, NOT Lowes.

The manufacturer refused the refund.

WHY? You are out of luck.

LTCC

Was this with in the 90 days? If not....your outta luck.

Did you read the directions on the sealer and apply properlly? It is quite possible you either applied incorrectly or that the area to be sealed contained moisture......

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Asphalt sealer

Lowes in Bonney Lake, Washington - (5) Lowe employees Humiliated Disabled Commander with Brain Injury

I asked to see what they had in 5.5" drawer handles after 1 girl with a brown jacket tossed me to a black kid who was even less knowledgeable then a girl with a bad attitude took it to the store manager Greg Norman 3511 5th St SE Puyallup 98374 253-604-5080 said they didn't have any 5.5" drawer handles so i left called lowes again and they wanted me to go back inside and this time five of them ganged up on me and gave me dirty looks and laughed while playing grab *** with their monkey business. They humiliated me as I tried to explain my disability with the girl on the phone. It was clear DISCRIMINATION of the worst 00kind all captured on LOWES FILM at around 12:00PM 10/18/2013. I asked are you sure you want me to go back inside, do they have the product she said they did and then they did not have it and they HUMILIATED me a disabled wounded department of defense warrior from 2007 Pakistani ISI fights. I have also had concussions from Naval Contracts in WAR THEATER operation High Jump for the United States Navy, ROTHR Relocatable Over the Horizon Radar operations in WAR theater world wide and suffered multiple CONCUSSION from IED and I am Aviation Ordinace Explosive ordinance Demolition Commander West Coast Cyber Infrastructure JBLM DoD Classified! To have LOWES employees humiliate a man just looking for 5.5" drawer handle, I just cant understand it. If LOWES wishes to rectify, please get a hold of me.

This guy runs this site: http://nwufochasers.com/

No joke, I tracked it down.

After his experience at Lowe's, they must have suggested he try our VERY small time internet store because we have a decent selection of non standard drawer pulls.

He ordered something that was 5 1/8". When we asked him, very politely, if this was in error (we knew he was looking for 5 1/2") he went berserk. At the time we also offered him a military discount of 10%. He cursed us out in several e-mails and basically told us that we were in league with Lowe's to screw DISABLED VETERANS (he can't shut up about that).

I tried to explain to him multiple times that we were a very small operation and had nothing to do with Lowe's. He wouldn't have it.

He weaved such a web of deceit and conspiracy (about us and Lowe's) that I can't even attempt to explain what was going through his head. His e-mails were about 40 lines, one sentence.

Bottom line. This guy is troubled. Review not valid.

MikeBrady

I didn't understand fully why you had a problem.. Then you mentioed all of the concussions and it all made sense.

You are obviously the person who is discriminating here. You obviously don't like the idea of a woman helping you and a person of color even less.

I work in retail and have encountered your type far too often. You don't think anyone other than a white male over 40 can be of any help to you and aren't afraid to let it be known. I feel sorry for you.

By the way I am a white and end up being the guy who has to listen you complain that the other people you have talk to in the store didn't know what you needed. More often than not they did and you didn't give them a chance to help.

Hey "tell it like it isn't", making fun of *** customers isn't discrimination, either. It is just rude.

No where in the complaint did you say anything about how they humiliated you...okay so u went back in the store...and who cares the race of the person you talked to. I do not care if they were bkack white, hispanic, male or female. There are no specifics in this complaint about what was said....so u were humiliated by going back in the store....get over it

LTCC

Really....I did not read anywhere in the original compliant where this was addressed to management ( all he asked was did they have the knobs)...the alleged harassment came from just a bunch of punks at the store.......again....address the issue with management! Stop dragging in the hooaha hooah ***...nobody cares. and what does your disability have to do with this....sympathy none from me.....and I could care less about the issue...especially if the individual is to weak willed to address it.....which is my point

LTCC, you sarcasm adds nothing to the conversation. I can do nothing, for I do live anywhere near him.

In the complaint, management laughed at him. I am not a whiner. I do care about people, unlike you. I only chimed in because this person was being berated by the "likes of today's society".

Why don't you do something? This is the end of this conversation.

And yes, I am disabled also. That last word is yours.

LTCC

Tell it like it is.....let me put it to you this way......if this really did happen...and lets say it did -for your whiney bleeding heart sake.....why whine on this forum? seriously this accomplishes nothing.

So ...if this did in fact happen...why is this not being taken to the company management? I get it....you are a bleeding heart.....can you help this person out....this forum solves nothing....do you see where I am coming from.....stop the BS complaining and do something

LTCC, pretty specific info for tripe. No sap here.

Could it have happened? Given this day age, yes, and at any store in this country.

LTCC

What I comprehend ...tell it like it is.....is that you are a sap and fall for tripe....

The guy has a brain injury. Obviously some people (punkin and Lou) can not comprehend that.

He described the people he dealt with accurately, a black kid and women. Accurately describing somebody is not discrimination Bozo!

You might stand a fighting chance if you could form a coherent thought and then pass that along in a coherent way......All your Hooah Navy training dont mean a hill of shat out here in the world....but thanks for serving

You seem to be the one that discriminates against "black kids" and women.

View more comments (12)
Loss

Lowes in Quakertown, Pennsylvania - I purchased a Black and Decker and I can't get a new part

I purchased Black and Decker *** Trimmer Two Years ago you still sell the same one the two line kind and the cap on the end broke. I went to the store in Quakertown Pa to buy a cap the salesman told me you don't sell them go on line and you can buy one. So I did and I ordered on September 15th and I still don't have the part I have called many times in the day time evenings and never talk to anyone only a message I have left many messages to call me back no call. I ave gone to other Lowe's Home Depot and Sears they like you only sell the *** trimmer no parts. Tonight I went to the Store in Quakertown and talked to the sales person and she told me that the paper I showed her that I ordered from is not Lowe's its on your web site it's called 1-800 tool repair so she called and guess what she got a machine and let another message and told me check Friday maybe they will call me I have being waiting since Sept 15th for a call the part is only $ 4.00 shipping was $ 5.32 I know its a little amount but That's not how a customer should be treated, I have being waiting so long I had to buy another *** Trimmer I feel I should get something not just wait for a call back or maybe I should take my sales somewhere else. Thank You Neil McCurdy Phone # 610-346-7946

It's totally unrealistic to expect a major retail chain to stock every repair part for the items they sell. I work for a competitor of Lowes and unfortunately a lot of consumers think this way. "They think well I bought it here so they must carry everything that could possibly go with it. It does not work this way! ALLOW ME TO EDUCATE YOU!

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T CARRY SO AND SO YOU SELL THE UNIT YOU SHOULD HAVE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO FIX IT." Think about this logic for one moment! My store carries over 1,000,000 different things, in my department alone we have over 100,000 different items we sell, now imagine if we had to stock every single repair part for those units... They would mostly take up space and not sell. Retail stores are trying to make money not lose it. Lowes - Home Depot - Menards the top 3 chains for home improvement none of them are repair shops/centers. You want a replacement part you need to go to a repair shop or contact the manufacture.

This is also should not be direct at Lowes, it should be direct at Black and Decker or the website you purchased from. You should have just contacted the manufacture not some random website online. If you were a smart consumer(which you made obviously clear that you are not) you would still have your owners manual and the 1-800 number to call Black and Decker and get the part you need.

How can you expect any retail store to stock all the parts for everything they sell? There just isn't room in the store to do it and there isn't near the demand for parts as there is for the whole product.

That's why there are shops and web sites that carry parts only.

Sometimes they run out of stock and have to wait for it to come from the manufacturer. If it's a part with little demand they aren't going to have a huge supply on hand either.

Lowes - Kitchen cabinet nightmare

Purchased custom kitchen cabinets 9/28/2013. Total was over $11,000. I paid 5,000 on credit and wrote a check for 6,000. They wouldn't accept check, made me get cash. I brought back $6,000 in cash. 2 weeks later cabinets still not ordered. I visited Lowes multiple times during that 2 weeks asking questions. I was promised someone would call, no one ever called so i had to keep going in (7 times!). Finally after 2 weeks, they continued to say that I needed to meet with someone again before they order the cabinets. I asked to make an appointment. They said employees were on vacation and I would have to come back. I asked for a refund. I was credited my 5,000 and they gave me 6,000 in cash, putting in on the counter for me to count! 2 days later I get a call from the cabinet manufacturer stating my cabinets will be delivered in 2 weeks! Lowe's was clueless. Never again. I filed complaints throughout the ordeal and never heard from anyone from Lowes. I guess they do not need customers anymore.

Free kitchen...score...wouldn't be the first time it happened...by the way...once the order is placed, it takes four to six weeks to be completed and shipped. When it comes to the cabinet department, only ever speak to that person.

No one else knows how that department works.

If they were on vacation and deserved it. Should of waited and only worked with that sales person.

Lowes.com

Tried to purchase items from clearance email rec'd from company. following email exchange w/ their c/service: Rec’d email clearance offer today. Shopped, added items to cart. Two attempts to check at approx. 0800 hrs CDT U.S. using Lowe’s credit card failed. Error message “500” and lengthy code sequence appeared on screen. Gave up knowing I could come back to cart since items remain in cart for “up to 30 days”. When I returned, two of the items in cart had changed in both price and quantity, specifically they had gone back to the regular price (I presume) and from 4 ordered to one. A phone call (actually it took 3 tries to get info to Lowe’s associate) to cust service and someone is now working on the problem. However, a third attempt to check out with the remaining items once again produced the “500” error and no sale. Therefore I have copied/pasted the error message below for your information. Let me know when problem is resolved so I can complete order Mr. Terry L. Combs The RESPONSE: I apologize for any technical issues you may have experienced while shopping online with us. If you are using Internet explorer this may be contributing to the issue you are having. You may reach our Sales team at 1-800-445-6937 for assistance placing an order. MY RESPONSE TO RESPONSE: So the most popular browser is the problem huh? If that is in fact true, one *** business model Lowe's has...The number one browser won't work on your dot com...Pretty amazing. And as for customer service, someone in an office in New Mexico and I had a phone conversation wherein she was to call back within an hour...over four hours ago at this writing... As of 36 hours and counting still haven't heard from cs rep I contacted (who has my number and actually called back during initial contact when call dropped...).
Featured

Lowes in Marysville, Washington - Damaged refrigerator took a month to replace.

Ordered a new refrigerator and received the next day delivery. Upon setting it up I discovered it had damage, crack inside the door and a dent on the outside of the same door. Reported it right away and was told I would receive a call. Next day make another call. A week later another call. 2 weeks go by so I write an email to customer service. Finally a response, someone will call you. 2 day later I get a call that they will call me again the following week to schedule a delivery but would I accept $100 to keep it. I ask for $250 but they decline. I go to the store and pose as a customer to see if they have it in stock, yes they do and I can get it delivered the next day, so what the *** am I having to wait another *** week! Another week goes by and I finally tell them I am returning it and I'll go elsewhere as I am closing in on the 30 day return policy and don't want to lose any leverage in this ordeal. Now they can deliver one the next day for me. I finally get my refrigerator and I just saw the damaged one at the store marked down from $1199 to $784, but they wouldn't give me back $250? Doesn't make much sense.
LTCC

Perfect sense. They wanted to wait you out.

Hoping you would just give up and accept the $100. Good For you for taking a stand and for forcing the issue.

Review

Numerous mistakes/misinformation by Lowes Employees re: Online order of countertp

Below is letter sent to CEO This is a very detailed account of my recent experience involving shopping at Lowes for a vanity counter-top which began in mid-September. For the purposes of remodeling my bathroom, my contractor (Mr. Michael Rombeiro) advised that I shop around online or for in-stock counter-tops at Home Depot or Lowes. My decision to shop at Lowes was based on its close proximity to my home. The first time I was there initially, I had a lot of difficulty finding someone who would even stop to help me find where the in-stock counter-tops were located. One person would refer me to someone else and they would refer me back to the other person. Finally, someone stopped long enough to tell me he did not know if they had any and if they did, he did not know where they were. I asked to talk to the manager and was told he left for the day. After spending an hour at Lowes without any further progress, I decided to leave and re-iterated what occurred to my contractor. He told me that they always carried a selection of in-stock counter-tops and I was misinformed. I returned to Lowes a week later to ask exactly what my contractor instructed me to do: Where are the in-stock vanity counter-tops. This time, the employee at Lowes escorted me to a selection of several counter-tops which I looked through and found just one pattern that would go in my bathroom, however, I noticed that the width of the ones at the store were all 8’ wide and I needed 6’ so I flagged down the person who showed me them and asked if I could have one custom-ordered to be 6’ instead of 8’. He said I could but that it would cost me an additional $300 to custom order any other laminate samples that were NOT in-stock. I immediately eliminated that idea due to the expense. Later, I would get a completely different story. I went home and looked at the ones I could order on-line from Lowes and I came across the same pattern in a 6’ width which I proceeded to order. What I did NOT know was that what the original counter-tops that the employee directed to me were in-stock “KITCHEN” counter-tops, NOT in-stock “VANITY” counter-tops. As a consumer, I don’t know that a different depth was required for each. This misinformation caused me to order the wrong size (in depth) for my bathroom. I placed the order for the counter-top on 9/20/13 in the amount of $104.40 and received it several days later. My contractor agreed to PICK IT UP on 9/30/13 at 9 AM sharp at Lowes and bring it to my house to cut and install it. I called Lowes many times prior to this day to make absolutely sure that the counter-top would be ready for him and I was assured that had it right there to be picked up as we arranged it. I called on Sunday evening to re-confirm this as I wanted to make this pickup as easy as possible for my contractor as well as myself, so I would not have to pay him extra for his time! Michael arrived at Lowes at exactly 9 AM with my Order # and everything that was required to pick up the counter-top. At 10 AM he called me at home and told me he was still waiting at Lowes which is why he was late. I was beginning to get annoyed because he should have had it by this time. More time went by and he called again at 10:30 AM to tell me he was still waiting. I then asked to talk to the manager because no one seemed to know where it was. I spoke to Jay, the manager, and he told me he was in the middle of looking for it and sometimes this takes time. So, essentially, I was lied to when Lowes informed me it would be ready & waiting for him at 9 AM just the previous evening! At 12:30 PM (after 3 ½ hours of waiting) I was furious and drove to Lowes to meet my Contractor and talk to the manager in person. Just when I had arrived, Jay had found ‘a counter-top’ (not the one I ordered) that would probably be acceptable. We finally left Lowes close to 2 PM. The 3-hour wait that Michael had to endure has cost me an additional $150. Both of our time is valuable and it was in no way acknowledged or respected plus it caused me an indescribable amount of stress. Unfortunately, the story does not end here. When we got the counter-top home and set up for cutting, Michael informed me that it was NOT the correct width. The counter-top I had been given measured an additional 5” depth than a standard vanity counter-top. It was NOT a bathroom counter-top as I had originally been told by Lowes personnel. I wanted so much to get this over with due to the stress of the day based on Lowes’ mistakes and lack of knowledge in this area, that I almost agreed to have him install it as it was. He convinced me to return it, get my money back and re-order a counter-top that was cut for vanities, NOT kitchens! Not only did I not want to step another foot into Lowes; I also did NOT want to custom order anything since Lowes Customer Service had already previously told me that it would cost $300 more to do so. However, he did convince me to return it. Returning it took an hour! After providing the cashiers all my paperwork pertaining to my order, they could not find it. Neither of them seemed to know what to do and called someone else over who also had difficulty finding my order. I could not believe what was happening. To add insult to injury, while they were looking for my order, they took the time to talk about and show each other their new manicures/nail polish. This is a total disgrace. I was about to lose my temper but my contractor escorted me out of the store for a few minutes to calm me down. It was not easy. It took another hour to find my order, return it, and get a credit on my credit card. Then it was time to place a new custom-made order. At first I did not want to because as I said previously, the rep at the counter desk told me it would cost me $300 more for another that was not in-stock. However, this information turned out to be incorrect. I could custom order ANY choice available at a reasonable price with accurate dimensions. If only I had been given the correct information during my first visit to Lowes, perhaps I would not have run into all these other nightmares. Given the new information, I went ahead and ordered a new counter-top which I am presently waiting for (again) to arrive at Lowes for pick-up by my contractor on or about 10/17. It only cost an additional $50 over the cost of the in-stock, wrong-sized counter-top that I had originally ordered. I have to wonder, when going to this store, who actually knows what they are talking about? There was so much information and mistakes on the part of Lowes that it’s difficult to keep track of. I had to pay $150 in additional costs to my contractor for mistakes that Lowes made, and caused a whole day to be wasted. While still in the store, I asked to talk to Jay, in the hope that I would be able to receive some sort of reasonable compensation for all the previous events. Jay had already left for the day, so they spoke to a new manager who had no knowledge of went on previously. She offered me a 10% discount which was far from what I lost that day, but I accepted it since it was the only offer I got at that time. Now I’m waiting for the new counter-top in the hopes that nothing will go wrong this time. I expect it to be there this time when Lowes says it’s going to be and not a moment later. I’m also writing this up as a complaint in order to receive a minimum of $150 compensation for 3 hours of time that I had to pay my Contractor for having to wait at Lowes for the original counter-top. Lowes showed no courtesy or respect for anyone’s time and it cost both of us a lot of unnecessary costs and stress. Sincerely, Trudi Neiverth Cc: BBB Michael Rombeiro (Licensed Contractor); Jay (Manager, Lowes, San Francisco)

You shouldn't have been involved in purchasing the countertop if you had no idea of what size top you needed. Kitchen tops are usually 25+ inches in depth.

Vanity cabinets are usually 18" or 21" deep requiring a 19" or 22" deep top. It's obvious you didn't even know what size vanity you had. You should have picked your color and let your contractor order the top.

I work somewhere other than Lowes, but find most of the problems are consumers ordering products that they have no clue about how they are installed and how to properly measure for them. They think they are going to save a few bucks by doing it themselves but end up paying more in the end because they didn't know what they were doing.

"If only I had been given the correct information during my first visit to Lowes, perhaps I would not have run into all these other nightmares." --- exactly, your contractor should of given you correct information before going to Lowes. The BATHROOM VANITIES are located in the Fashion Bath and Plumbing Department, NOT the Kitchen Cabinet Department.

Seriously people, I do not care if you are not a Do It Yourself type of person, there is a difference between Bathroom's and Kitchen's. On another note, the employees who work the kitchen cabinet department are the ONLY people who remotely understand that department.

I had to wait 2 1/2 hours for my Dr appointment the other day due to I have no clue what, but I'm not demanding compensation for wasting half my day. Ridiculous money grabbing....ugh :cry

Tags
  • Counter-tops

Lowes in Peoria, Arizona - Price matching

I went to Lowes to get a quote on kitchen counter tops. I was looking at quartz with Ogee edging. They gave me (kind of) a quote and it was quite expensive. I went over to Home Depot and they were higher yet and told us to get a written quote. I went to a different Lowes to get a written quote as the salesperson we were dealing with was out for the week. This time I got a quote of $3,411.00 for everything including tax. This was a few hundred lower than we were quoted before. He had called the vendor about the edging and that is where we got the big discount. He also told us he was not going to put this as an official quote, because we can't keep going back and forth from Lowes to Home Depot for a price match. That was kind of funny since this was the first time they actually came down in price. So----we went to Home Depot to see what they could do. They called the vendor about the edging and guess what? It was the same guy that Lowes called!This time he would not come down on the price. We called Lowes back and they said they made a mistake and it would be $400.00 more for the Ogee edging. Hmmmm. How do you price match when you are dealing with the same person?

(1) Quartz, great product

(2) Ogee edge, ornate, ugly, too expensive due to the production time to produce it and the price of the tooling.

(3) There is NO tax when installed with Lowes, there IS tax with Home Depot.

(4) The price you buy the countertop for will not be the price you pay at the end, so why even price match. By the time template is done, you will probably end up paying more money because your own measurements were off.

(5) People make mistakes.

(6)"How do you price match when you are dealing with the same person?"...you don't, pick one and deal with it.

Both Lowes and Home Depot have similar companies that template, cut, and install countertops. Sometimes they are the exact same ones with different products.

These companies or licensed to buy wholesale the countertop material. The reason only rough estimates can be given is because until time of templating by the installer you really cannot be sure of sizing and unforseen things.

Lowes in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Fired after 18 years

On yahoo today I seen a story of a woman who worked for 18 years for lowes.She got fired for stopping a shoplifter who stole 600 dollars worth of stuff.The shoplifter was arrested.I will never shop lowes again.you had aloyal employee who did her job well.I really hope many people will boycott lowes as i have.boycott lowes. boycott lowes. boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes ....sorry but they will not let me post less than 100 words.........boycott lowes boycott lowes ..please boycott lowes send them a message please

This is just plain a foolish post. You have no personal knowledge of what happened, just something you saw posted elsewhere.

You don't know the whole story and whether it is true or not. I could assume you are just mad a Lowes for not hiring you because you stutter, and I know you stutter by reading the last half of your post.

18 Years come on how about a second chance with a warning and before anyone says what about her previous incidents as an employee. 18 Years she can't be that bad?????????

We are told time and time again at Lowe's as part of our training that we are not to EVER try and catch a thief. She knew better.

Her life is more valuable then the tool and anything could have happened to her. Safety first is a big motto of the company. If she has been working for Lowe's for 18 years she new better, the training on this is given frequently. We may not like the rule but we must follow it or live with the consequences.

In this case it was automatic termination. Feel bad for her but she made a choice.

OK, Mike I made a couple mistakes in your opinion. I live in a right to work state, and anybody can be fired on the whim of the employer.

Yes, I admit I made a spelling error.

That being said I would be willing to bet the person that posted the complaint is considerably younger than I am, and I would also be willing to bet they weren't taking care of a two year old great grandson, while his mother was going in for radiation treatment. All in all I didn't make as many mistakes as the poster did.

@anonymous

You are right - they may have it worse than you. Some do.

With all that going on how is it you have time critique comments?

Of course you believe everything your read online. If this employee even got fired, did it occur to you that there could be more to the story than what was online.

For one thing if this happened in a right to work state a person can be fired for absolutely no reason at all.

Being you think you are so perfect, go to you complaint and correct you puncuation and spaces between sentences. Also there should be a space between the words "a" and "loyal." You don't know the whole story of what went on at the time.

@anonymous

"Being you think you are so perfect, go to you complaint and correct you puncuation" Did you mean "your" and "punctuation"? Also, I believe you mean "At will employment" state, which fits this situation.

Many confuse this with "right to work". Perhaps you should do some research and proof-reading before critiquing others.

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes Shenandoah cabinets working with Lowes is wakeful!

We paid for our kitchen cabinets July 4th weekend 2013. Our cabinets were to be finished by August 12. They brought cabinets out on 8th, installed some boxes, but couldn't finish because so many parts weren't sent. They stopped. One cabinet was totally wrong, 3 attempts to fix , they are suppose to put shelves now. It's Oct 10th, still not finished, supposed to be next week. Meanwhile we can't move in the house, appliances can't be installed. It's a frickin mess. I don't know who to complain to. You can't reach corporate. If anyone knows please let me know. They don't care! That's why you pay upfront in full! Don't deal with them!
Review
#451973 Review #451973 is a subjective opinion of poster.