Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Kitchens

started process in January - now June - still don't have all materials. No help from store - was hung up on twice

Big lack of detail here. What process did you start?

Many people start shopping for and planning a large project months before ordering any materials. When was your order actually placed and what hasn't arrived?

Hate to tell you this but it isn't uncommon to have to re-order a few cabinets due to damage when the cabinets are shipped across the country and handled several times before getting to your home. Your are often better off having a local cabinet shop build and install your kitchen as there is less chance for damage and if it does happen they can quickly repair or replace the cabinet.

Poor customer service

Lowes - Did delivery vanity .

said got it . bank closed case lost 192.00 stole are money

Why don't you tell the story rather than posting a few woods of B.S. that mean nothing to anybody. If you want people to believe you, back your post up with the facts of the matter.

@Anonymous

And why don't you post all of your mean comments using your real name instead of using the pseudonym "Anonymous" ??? It makes you come across as an angry person gets a thrill out of leaving mean comments, but is much too cowardly to leave their name." Gotcha!

Full refund
Resolved

Resolved: Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Mixed Experience

4.6

Update by user Jul 05

Since this initial “surprise”, I have checked other retail big box sellers and the same restrictions appear to be in effect. Accepting this limitation, buyers should be completely informed of this and can plan for the additional cost and do not open any connecting items.

However, I did not find this similar restriction with two local stores on delivery installation. It was strongly suggested to have new hoses, dryer power cord and non-plastic venting. Perhaps my situation was unique because I had recently replaced the various components from Lowes when remodeling the laundry room and to rebuy made no sense. I went back to my local Lowes and found them willing to work with me.

Again the issue is with the delivery/install process, outside service. Lowes gave me the needed 4” extender for the dryer and I declined the zero clearance venting. I went home installed the power cord, reversed the dryer door and inserted the vent. Unsure if a return call from the delivery/install would be made despite Lowes efforts.

Lowes again provided me a new set of hoses for the washer. Identical to the ones installed that was only 2 months old. A follow up call was made by another delivery/install team. They tried to hook up the washer, unsuccessfully.

The previous washer was 19 years old, a Whirlpool and used an anti-siphon connection at the stand pipe. The replacement GE would not seal/connect at the standpipe. They recommended a straight replacement standpipe. In discussion they had no awareness of having a trap to prevent sewer gas from entering the home.

It was obvious that their knowledge was very limited.

Told thanks and terminated the visit. I called a local plumber who successfully addressed the standpipe hook up.

Original review posted by user Jun 03

I am taking this opportunity to share my recent experience with the purchase of major appliances, washing machine and electric dryer from Lowe’s. Reflecting on A Tale of Two Cities, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.” Lowe’s has a very extensive selection of major appliances, basically all the major brands and the pricing structure is either equal to prevailing market sector competitors or at a saving through a sale and/or promotion. A visit to my local store, Bensalem, PA provided us a comprehensive inventory for inspection and selection. The sales associate was knowledgeable and helpful in narrowing down based on our needs and criteria on technology. We were advised that the delivery would include installation through a 3rd party vendor and that Lowe’s discounted appliance parts with the major appliance parts. I advised that my washing machine hoses were bought at this store and was less than two months old. EASTMAN 2-Pack 6-ft L 3/4-in Hose Thread Inlet x 3/4-in Hose Thread Outlet Stainless Steel Washing Machine Connector (Model # 98506). There was no indication that this would be and subsequent install issue. I purchased a new Utilitech 3-Prong Gray Dryer Appliance Power Cord (Model # UTD100306) for the electric dryer and advised I have a zero clearance issue and am using a Lambro 24-in to 41-in Adjustable Periscope Dryer Vent (Model # L3006) previously purchased at this store and visual inspection indicates it is in perfect condition. Again I was not advised the 3rd party vendor would not install the electric dryer without the purchase of a new dryer vent. The appliances were purchased on 5/30/2019 with delivery scheduled on 6/3/2019. Today has been a major consumer snafu with the delivery hassle, failure to install, unsuccessful telephone conversations with the 3rd party delivery service and a return trip back to the local store seeking a resolution, short of returning the appliances. The delivery persons inspected the install location and immediately took exception with the dryer vent, despite inspection that it was clean in perfect working order. The next issue was with the relatively new stainless steel hoses. I even showed him the previous SS hoses sitting on my work bench. Not acceptable based on his instructions and contact with the delivery service office. He then indicated I needed another part, a Lambro 4-in Dia Aluminum Dryer Vent Extender (Model # L5003), because of the dryer offset on the back. I offered to drive over the local store and get the piece 10-15 minutes. Not acceptable because I wanted to use the existing dryer vent. Recognizing, I was unable to reason with delivery an interim request was made to install the electrical wire and reverse the door panel from left to right: to right to left. I would go to Lowe’s secure vent extender and complete the hook up. Again this was totally unacceptable to the 3rd party delivery service. Similarly I requested that they attach the drain hose to the washer and I would screw on the hoses. Again this was not acceptable. They started to “throw” the appliances back into the truck despite at least a dozen times my request to bring them into the house. Only after a major confrontation the appliances were brought into the house without installation. This is a WARNING to any potential customers that are contemplating a major appliance purchase. I found Lowe’s to have an excellent selection of products, knowledgeable sales associates, and very competitive pricing. But the delivery/install service is GROSSLY flawed. A review of the Internet reveals ongoing issues with Lowe’s 3rd party service. The reality is that Lowe’s has to find a new delivery/install service to remain viable in a competitive big box market place. Potential buyers should be aware of Appliance Delivery, Installation and Haul Away and the restrictions imposed on the “free service” https://www.lowes.com/l/appliance-delivery-haulaway.html?searchTerm=appliance%20delivery Common sense does not come into play, throwing away effective items, and incurring additional costs to satisfy the 3rd party delivery/installation insurable risk concerns. These add on cost is part of the purchase price when comparative shopping. Even more interesting is the 3rd party vendor’s position the parts must be in an unopened packaging to be considered new. How this is resolved remaining to be determined.

It's an issue of liability. They have no real Idea of how old hoses and vents are.

If they used the hoses and vents that were in place and a problem with them arose all too many consumers would want to hold them responsible for damages.

By using new components there is no question if a problem comes up. Blame the legal system for their reluctance to use parts they didn't provide.

Problem with delivery

Lowes in Bowling Green, Kentucky - Damaged goods

I bought a washer and dryer in the Bowling Green Store a few days prior to Memorial day. Delivery was set up to be The on May 28th. Which my husband wasted a whole day for the delivery to arrive. Once it finally got there it was damaged beyond repair and we were told that they would replace it and go ahead and use it. It flooded the utility room. Then I called Lowes to find out that they would not deliver till June the 12th. Which after been ugly with them they agreed to bring one the next day. This time I waited all day and was told at 9am they would be there in 2 hours. which was actually 5 hours later. Guess what this washer was also damaged and I refused to even bring it in. I went to Lowes and talked to the manager who agreed to give me a discount and pick up Sunday. When I got there Sunday the person he told me to see wasn't even there. So they weren't able to give me a discount. I was asked to come back today. My third trip and I live 100 miles away. I feel like they owe me for making so many trips. I certainly can't believe how this store is run and will be taking my business else where. My number is 270-847-9208.

you work for lowes anonomous?

@Anonymous

No, but I have sold appliances in the past at another retail store and am aware of the realities of retail sales. People just need to take a pause and look at both sides of the situation.

Customers all too often expect sales people to do the impossible and sometimes salespeople don't take enough time to explain exactly what the situation is (providing the customer will listen). They key here is that the post says they got ugly with Lowes.

In most cases if a customer comes in with a problem and acts in a reasonable manner a satisfactory solution can be reached. When customers get "ugly" the employees at the store (were are dealing with human beings here) get defensive and the customer more often than not loose.

I expect that the reason they weren't going to re-deliver until June 12th was that they were going to order a new one from the manufacturer. When you got ugly with them it sounds like they decided to send a floor model out. I would have waited for a fresh out of the box model myself.

View more comments (2)
Review
Cons
  • Delivery service and their customer care
Damaged or defective
Price reduction

Lowes in District 2, Virginia - Complaint

3.9
My husband and I were at Lowe’s of wise, va about 7pm on Memorial Day. We wanted to purchase carpet from the rolls in the back. We pressed the help button several times. No response, we then searched for a sales person but none could be found. Finally we went to appliances where two men were doing something on the computer. They said they would find someone for us. We went back and waited but no one came. These two men saw us still standing there later but did nothing. I hope you have video so you can see this for yourself. After about 30 minutes we went home. On the way out we looked at the plants. No one had watered them. They were completely wilted. Several people were out there. We couldn’t believe all the people complaining. What has happened to our Lowe’s? I have built two big houses from this store and have never seen it like this.

You should have been home having a barbecue rather than going shopping and expecting retail employees to spend their Holiday working. Stores should close and allow their employees the chance to observe holidays as well.

Plants not cared for

Lowes - Protection plan is useless

Update by user Jul 14

No contact or action from Lowes over 42 day span - not that it was expected. Will still patronize Lowes but won't fall for their "Protection Plan" again.

Original review posted by user Jun 02

Purchased Whirlpool Cabrio dryer in August 2017 from Lowe's - including a 3 year protection plan. Dryer heat stopped working in May 2019. The local repair service we prefer was called first. We were told that Lowe's had to approve them for the service to be provided. Called the number provided and were told that the warranty service could only be provided by a company in Lexington, KY, which is 1.5 hours away from our location. Absolute absurdity!! We determined that the Lowe's "protection plan" was a joke, called our preferred local service provider, and continued with life. Lowe's "protection plan" - NEVER AGAIN!

I bought a lawn mower with extended warranty for 3 years paid about $300 dollars for warranty, now they said it’s not in computer, my phone is not in computer they need my receipts what a waste of my $300.00 they got me good what a SCAM but never again

You obviously didn't spend a second looking at the service plan you purchased. They all require that you contact the plan provider who will arrange for service.

They have contracts with low cost service providers to cover the repairs. Nowhere does it say you can contact whoever you want and that they will cover their charges.

@Anonymous

Any well read person knows that extended warranties and service plans are almost always a gyp. I wouldn't purchase any kind of appliance from someone who is trying to aggressively sell me one of them, because they are showing that they don't respect me and they think that I am dense.

View more comments (2)
Warranty issue
Tags
  • Protection Plan Problems

Lowes in Conroe, Texas - *** Company

Screw Lowe's lying, cheating, backstabbing company. POS company cost me a lot of wasted time and money. Never again with these Morons-Karma is going to be a Major ***

YOU SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO LEAVE AT LEAST 50 WORDS IN YOUR REVIEW. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE SOME NUT-JOB POSTING OVER YOUR SMART PHONE SHOULDN'T GIVE YOU A PASS FROM POSTING SOMETHING THAT IS INTELLIGIBLE AND MAKES SENSE.

Absolutely worthless post. If you are going to take time to make a post tell the story.

Let people know what they did that upset you so. Rambling on doesn't convince anyone there is a problem.

Bad quality

Lowes in Staten Island, New York - Bad service

2.2
Paid close to 19,000. For roofing, gutters, soffits and fasia. Start date was changed a three day job turn into 3 weeks. They didn’t finish . Left holes where they weren’t any before didn’t do the soffits, put in 3 gutters. They were schedule to do 4. Took piece of the outside trim off and didn’t replace. Came back still only did part of the soffits patched up one hole left another with left over vinyl. Customer service sucks. Says same people have to come back because they were contracted. I told them they had a chance to correct issues. Drip vinyl installed around the edge of the roof was not nailed. Falling off when it’s windy what do I ? Took loan against pension for this I paid cash.
Order processing issue

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - The most unreliable, incompetent and rude people

2.7
if i could i would give less then 1 star. They are TERRIBLE!!!!! worst worst worst services ever. Between the incompetence of their customer service, to the totally careless of the store (the Aramingo store in Philadelphia) to end to their delivery service, where they just deliver at ground floor but they don't tell you until they arrive. I ordered a pergola and a patio set for my rooftop, meant to be delivered on a Thursday all together,it changed at Friday until i received a call from the store (Aramingo) stating that they didn't know when my furniture would be delivered, to note that i travel a lot so i planned accordingly, included taking a day off to receive the furniture. Ended the conversation with this rude lady i called customer service. At that point i spoke with a lady who told me that i would receive the pergola that Thursday and the patio furniture the next day.She also sent me the tracking number (very funny the store didn't have any information). I was very surprised since i did a truck delivery that actually was fedex but after confirming with this lady multiple time that i would have received a call prior the delivery and that everything was arriving at my house i ended the call. Note, i leave in a house so i need to receive the delivery otherwise they could get stolen. After a few hours i received a notification that my patio furniture where delivered, no one called me. SO i had to run from my office and start arguing again with those incompetent people. At the end of a long call, where this person was keeping losing time apologizing (i need solution not apologies) i found out that actually the patio was delivered actually at the store but they couldn't fit me for the delivery on Friday, until after i ask to cancel my order multiple time suddenly they found the spot for me. but is not done yet! my pergola, this guys apparently didn't have any information, well guess what? i did, his colleagues previously gave me all the tracking, and i'm thinking how is that possible? 1 person has it and the other doesn't?can they be so terrible? i had to cancel the order, but once again you think the worst is done? and actually no!!! this morning (the day of the delivery) i received another call from the rude lady at the Aramingo store stating that they don't deliver on the rooftop and she told me if i wanted to have them up on my rooftop i should have carry on everything by myself or cancel the order. So, if a delivery company who does half of the job...interesting...well never never again!!!! no wonder why those company are being destroyed by Amazon. i'm so embarrassed for them and for how bad is they service, go somewhere else if you want a reliable service. and they state Lowe's home improvement, here the only thing i see need to be improved are the services they offer.
Review
Cons
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
  • Unbelievably poor service
Price reduction
Tags
  • Unprofessional Staff
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes - Poor service Rip off!!!

My 23 month old LG fridge went out May 15th. Technician sent out 6 days later on May 21st who ordered a part. Service is supposedly scheduled for June 4th. Three weeks for repair is unacceptable service! Never will I purchase another appliance through Lowe’s!

Did you purchase the extended warranty plan? If you had you would be eligible for a loaner unit.

Did you ever think the problem might have been that you bought an imported product that doesn't have the service network that domestic products have? Do you really think the warranty repair time would have been different if you had purchased an LG product elsewhere?