Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Bought a lawn mower from Lowes that developed into a headache

We purchased a riding lawnmover in the store and the advertisement said next day delivery. When we finished the transaction (this was on a Saturday) we were told that the earliest delivery date would be Thursday, well that didn't work for us so we had to schedule another day 14 days out because of our work schedule. The delivery men called on the day of delivery and stated that it would be 4 hours later than the agreed upon time and if we wanted we could reschedule. We said no, we want it delivered today. When the lawnmover arrived the men could not even get it off the truck because the battery was dead, so they stated we can take it back if you like and you can reschedule to have it re-delivered. They also went on to tell us that they were delivery drivers from another Lowe's store due to all the New Bern delivery drivers calling out of work. So we called the manager at the New Bern Lowes store and informed her of what happened and she matter-of-dactyl said, well you can bring the battery back and we will recharge it for you. Not I'm sorry for the inconvenience or anything. We finally got the battery charged and got to cut our grass three weeks later. I so very dislike Lowes not just for this incident but for others.
nikalseyn
#762048

Sounds like you are complaining just for the sake of complaining. Lowe's fixed the problem and seems to have tried their best to get the machine to you, etc.

Also, not sure why you feel the need to someone to say "sorry for the inconvenience" or similar.

People tend to apologize for every little thing, even when it is something beyond their control. I hope you bought a John Deere---otherwise, you will probably be sorry, anyway.

Lowes Advertisement

Lowes in Barrington, Rhode Island - Purchased high end wasing machine - damaged so delivery pulled first day; they rescheduled/I took off 2nd work day , they cancelled delivery

Purchased a new washing machine in store -warwick RI. Good salesman - met plus 10% discount of Home Depot . Delivery for a Saturday. canceled 20 minutes before delivery time - damaged unit, they rescheduled for the following Monday. I took off work time again, the ycancelled order an hour into the delivery window. routed me to management who took no ownership of delivery ("we use a third party contractor - not us), no owership for sale "well hyou can cancel it if you don't want it now and couldn't give me a real date when they would actually make the delivery (already pd from a credit card!) Extremely rude, condescending sub manager "we sell from this store but we don't do deliveries" . NEVER making a purchase from Lowes again!!!!! At this hour - still waiting for a senior manager to call back - not holding my breathe on this. Will have to cancel the sale , can't miss a third day of work for a washer. Time to find a laundramat and another owner/operated appliance dealer
#762021

So we called the manager at the New Bern Lowes store and informed her of what happened and she matter-of-dactyl said, well you can bring the battery back and we will recharge it for you. Not I'm sorry for the inconvience or anything.

#762050
@Not happy in New Bern NC

Feel your pain! We had almost an exact experience with a lawnmower order last Spring - 3 fails on delivery(1st time the blades were damaged and not secured properly; second time the battery was stone dead and delivery staff couldn't get it off the delievery truck bed and third time they arrived 4 hours late (with no call) and hadn't returned the two calls I made to inquire what was going on!

Only one of my children (under 18) was home working on a school project - we had to deliver some groceries before it got to late to my in-laws. They tried to get my daughter to sign off on it and she prudently /legally refused. Turns out good thing - it was the wrong and a cheaper mower unit. We cancelled the order, took three weeks for them to credit my C Card with multiple calls to remind them to do so and went to a local small Home and Garden shop and brought the same unit for $40 more and had an A+++++ experience.

I see the owner from the shop in town and he asks " everything good with your mower" thye care.

Any word from Lowes on the debacle - nada, nunca, nadie!!!!! That is all - over

Only a coward posts without their name - that said - they did have it in stock, I received after the third botched delivery a profuse apology from both the store manager and the logistics company - after they delivered when I returned home from my 0530 - 1900 deployment job. They continued on that night to make a delivery to a woman who had 5 botched deliveries and a gentleman with three delivery failures. Your comment is quite transparent - Lowes hopefully is paying you at least minimum to respond to legit consumer concerns - Merry Christmas I won't be posting on this board again - much more legit avenues that don't stack company trolls to run interference and as my neighbors all said - they just stopped shopping at Lowes - Easy button (borrowed from another large scale retailer ) :)

You made a purchase of an item that is not stocked in the store. There is no way you can expect a manager to 100% guarantee a delivery of an item he doesn't have his hands on.

All they can go on is the information they get from their warehouses and delivery service.

Getting mad at them does no good and doesn't improve your chances of them helping you. In the future, buy from a store that stocks the appliances in the store and can assure you they actually have it for delivery.

unless you work 8 am to 9 pm, you shouldn't have to *** work for it to be delivered at sometime during those hours

View more comments (4)
Tags
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • lowes failure
  • lowes rudeness

Lowes Deceptive Ordering and Happy Review Policy

Lowes Deceptive Ordering and Happy Review Policy
Lowes has an amazingly sweet staff designed to grab your money quick but then try to get your merchandise delivered and don't complain about our terrible service. When the refrigerator in my condominium died I started searching for a replacement online for a unit that would match the limited space available. I found a match on the Lowes website but their delivery and pick-up policy was not clear so I called the company for clarification before placing the order. I explained that my niece was living in the unit and I needed the unit delivered as soon as possible as she had a new baby and milk in the freezer that had to stay frozen. The women on the line told me that the unit included free delivery and pickup of the old unit and delivery would be no problem. I thanked her and said I would go online and order it and she told me that I could place the order with her and there would be no need to go back to the website. We received the order notification via email and I forwarded it to my niece to schedule delivery. She called me back within minutes to tell me that the unit would not be delivered for at least 2 weeks as it was a special order item - this was never mentioned when Lowes took the order. I tried to cancel the order so I could get the items somewhere else and customer service told me that it would be 5-7 days before the money would be refunded as they already charged my card. As I was complaining customer service kept telling me that they did disclose to me the delivery date which was getting me even more irritated. I said please point out where on this order it says the date when this order can be delivered. She pointed me to a small date on the delivery button on their website. I said "I never got to order this online your sales department took the order over the phone". She says I know but I wanted to show you that we do tell you how long it will take for delivery. What really pushed me over the edge is we still don't have the refrigerator but received a survey email questioning the unit. Well we gave them the feedback their terrible and deceptive service deserved. Today we got back that they rejected the survey review because it didn't match their guidelines. Since the survey was pretty much to the point I am guessing happy reviews are only accepted.

When you selected the model online and you had to enter your zip code to show the price (mandatory) in a box to the right it tells you when it will be available or if its currently stocked, as this should have been explained by the sales associate was probably just trying to get a sale . Probably just pushed the order through thinking that you were aware of the ETA due to you being online.The 5-7 day delay to get refunded on your card is not a Lowe's thing it is actually your bank when a refund issued it is instant, you can get cashed out which is the faster way of receiving your money back, if not your bank will give you the 5-7 day time frame. Further more Lowe's is one of the main appliance stores that contains stocked appliance and a wide selection , why didn't you check for stocked item's you would have been eligible for free next day delivery, you have to assume some responsibility at some point.

I have had all good experiences with lowes they credited me pretty much the cost of a jacuzzi spa tub for coming in the wrong color .which was a hearty credit.I was remodeling my bathroom at the time, and had to rent one of those small containers to store all my bathroom stuff.but I'm glad I saw this so I can look out for any billing problems,which would be on synchrony banks hands.

mz6594

Yes Anonymous reading is important. You must have miss read that the order was placed over the phone...

As it was wrong for the salesman didn't tell you when it would come in it was just as wrong for you not being able to properly read.

Lowes Delivery Service
Loss

Lowes' Inflexible and rude delivery service

I bought my appliance on Black Friday over the phone with the website. No one warned that the installation cost was $60 more than Home Depot. Then they called and said that the installation service demanded $12 more for a fuel surcharge. The scheduling was to take place at a later phone call, but they were mostly unavailable to call me and impossible to phone (no phone number given out). They have to call you so it took weeks to coordinate. You must be at your home phone at 8 am the day of delivery. Only then will they call and tell you the delivery time. Not the day before with a window of time. You cannot call them. If you don't answer the phone at 8 am, you are cancelled. No Saturday deliveries and you are not told this in advance at the point of sale. It has taken about 3 weeks and I just gave up and cancelled the order. This is no way to treat a customer.

I strongly agree with the anonymous reply on Dec 19th. But I do want to add one thing to that.

If it was the Delivery Dept they can't give you a time the day before, they have to route and load there trucks at the crack of dawn day of delivery, that is why they ask you to call them at 8ish the day of delivery, that's when they can give you a ballpark window. You have to understand that they have to route there trucks to where they can make sure all customers get there delivery for the day. People act like they are the only person getting a delivery that day. Delivery drivers sometimes have to take apart fridges in order to get them inside and then put them back together.

Some stops are time consuming and some are quick.

So therefore they don't have that kind of time to wait around. Some of these drivers push DOT regulation time as it is already

First off, Lowe's does do Saturday deliveries. Second, if you don't answer the phone call, your delivery is not cancelled.

If they call you many times and cannot get a hold of you, they will have to reschedule. They can't sit around all day waiting for you when you should be expecting the delivery. Also, they are not going to come to your house if you don't answer in case you forgot about it and are not home. Also, because your review is vague, I'm not sure if you meant that you did not get the phone number for the installer or for the delivery service, but you have to realize that these people do not work for Lowe's; they are contracted.

Lowe's cannot just simply give out phone numbers. Finally, you stated that it was about 3 weeks..

you wrote your review two weeks and a day after Black Friday. Get your facts straight before giving a bogus review.

A person with a little common sense would have checked on delivery and installation BEFORE they made the purchase. Why would you ASSUME anything about the charges for delivery and installations or even schedules. It's your own fault that you didn't ask before you bought.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Appliance delivery scam

Lowes in Henderson, Colorado - Faulty Husqvarna chainsaw, pay for repairs from Lowe's

I bought a Husqvarna 440 chainsaw from Lowe's on 8-3-13. Like many tools, you don’t always use them right away. In October I cut a few pine trees for firewood and although the saw was a little underpowered, it got the job done. I maybe used it about 15 hours. Then it quit. I took it back to Lowe's on 11-16-13 and the associate said they couldn’t exchange it because it was past 90 days since I purchased it. They would need to get it repaired locally. They sent it in and returned it about 10 days later. There was an invoice for $60.50, but the associate said it was warranty. I tried it out and it would run ok until turned sideways to cut a tree and then it would run out of gas. (The tank was near full.) I restarted it 5 times in 10 minutes and gave up. I returned to Lowe's and a different associate said I would have to pay to have it repaired locally or I would have to pay expensive shipping to return it to the manufacture. I suppose I would have to pay the manufacturer to repair a product that’s under warranty and still might not get back a saw that would run. I don’t see any reason to throw good money after bad, so I’ll just absorb $300.00 loss and never buy another Husqvarna product or shop at Lowe's again. I wrote a bad review on Lowe's website, but they refused to print it. Go figure.

I have ran a lot of different brand of chain saws, my experience with Husqvarna Is #1 and Husqvarna should not be sold in Lowe's or home Depot. Just find a authorized Husqvarna dealership and buy your saws there. When you leave the store with the saws at home Depot or Lowe's Your all on your own.

dws3344

I have not had any response from Lowe's since they refused to print my negative review on their site. Lowe's and Home Depot are close together out here in more than one location.

When I go to Home Depot, I usually pass Lowe's and their parking lots are always almost empty compared to Home Depot. I don't know how they stay in business.

I have taken the Husqvarna chainsaw to another service shop who charged me $40 for nothing because they said they couldn't find any warranty problem. I took it to a third service shop who said they know what the problem is, but can't fix it.

It appears to be the electronic carburetor that's faulty and gets confused and shuts off the gas. That is scary because it seems all manufacturers are going to this type of control. Maybe other saws are ok, but I give up on this one.

Three trips to the mountains to cut wood ended in a return with no wood. I repaired my old saw and that's getting the job done for now.

dws3344

The issue is not the quality of the saw or how often I use it. The problem is lack of support from point of sale suppliers. It's bad enough to have to pay for a product but really hurts when you have to pay for warranty service for a faulty product.

nikalseyn

I am a bit confused. Lowe's would not take it back as it was beyond their 90 day limit, but it was repaired under warranty.

It appears you had to pay for the parts, or the labor? What does your warranty say and how long is it good for?

It appears you do not use a chainsaw too often. Thus, you would be much better off buying a cheaper one.

Poulan makes a bunch of reasonably-priced ones as do other companies. Stihl and Husqvarna are usually both good, but pricey for the average user. Speaking of which, I bought a Poulan 18" bar chainsaw at Meijer's a month or so ago on clearance for $50. I don't need it as I have had a Poulan 16" machine for 20 years now but I couldn't pass it up at that price.

Best to keep your eye out. Sounds like you have a simple gasline feed problem.

If you can find someone who uses chainsaws regularly, they might be able to help you fix it yourself. Or, give them a few bucks to take a look at it.

Reason of review
Damaged or defective

Lowes - 2-Double Cellular Patio Blinds

Went to purchase blinds, first time at Lowes for such a purchase. Jessy Cannao helped me. 9/13/13 rec'd a Quote. Picked the blinds. Gave her the measurements I did and my brother who is a contractor. 35x82. Jessy stated custom order so need to send out their person. I disagreed until she said the $35 would go towards my purchase. Pd $35 and install came out and put one blind at a different width like 36 1/2 or something, I disagreed but my brother already had taken my blinds away. Quote $255. I know I had to pay taxes on top of Quote. Called and Jessy in so told rep s I want to order the blinds and will be in to pay. She stated on top of that it is $70 to install, I stated I wasn't told that and my brother will install. She said it would be $348 and lose the $35 since that goes to install. Didn't order and still need blinds since in Master Bedroom. Horrible way to treat a new customer and do business. Bad taste for Lowe's so have to start over looking for blinds.

I didn't put down anonymous,here is another example of Lowes not being honest.

Review
#461905 Review #461905 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Paterson, New Jersey - Eta date was 1130/13 order date was 11/2/13

I ordered a door in the Paterson store...paid for it in full...they said door would be in on the 30 th...now I went to the store personally got the run aroundsaid it was delayed because of the holidays. It now would be in onthe. 3rd of Dec. I gave a contracted who was ready to install my door but no door...called the store now they are saying theme ninety...so unacceptable...contractor is now charging time....if no answer tomorrow I want a redound....the people at the store were so nasty....will not be shopping there ever

The title of your complaint contains eta. This is ESTIMATED time of arrival.

Never schedule a contractor based on an eta. Wait until you have the product to set an installation date.

This is true whether you buy the product at Lowes, Home Depot or a small lumber yard. If they are not making it in a shop out back there is no way they can guarantee a delivery date.

Lowes in Charlotte, North Carolina - Shoddy window installation

We had the entire house's windows replaced by a Lowes installer about 2 years ago. This included a garden window in the kitchen. 1 month after installation we noticed that the window was growing mold around the inside edge. Called Lowes and after many many calls finally got the installer back out who said it wasn't an install problem but defect in the actual product. Now 2 years later getting the same run around and no answers to the problem. Every time I call I get treated like this is the first they have heard of the issue. Very disappointed in Lowes response and will never hire them to do anything again.

You are leaving out a lot of details. Are these wood or vinyl windows?

If there is anything "growing" on the windows it would indicate the humidity in your home is too high. If these are wood windows they would have been treated with a chemical to kill anything that might grow on them. The dead material will look like mold. If they are vinyl windows and are growing mold on the surface it is a combination of high humidity and soil on the window causing the problem.

Lowering the humidity in the house and keeping the windows clean should solve the problem. More often than not new, more airtight windows get blamed for other problems in the home that need to be solved.

Lowes Installation

Lowes - Price given was 250 more than price quoted

Update by user Dec 03, 2013

Since then Lowes called me back and said that the price had been refigured and it was going to be 450.64. we will now be using them.

Just wished they could have been upfront about all of the fees. Will continue to shop here due to them correcting the problem.

Original review posted by user Dec 03, 2013

I wont be shopping at lowes again for anything. We went to pick out carpet for our new baby's room (12X14 in size)on Nov 21. Picked out an in stock carpet that we liked and got a price quote from Chris for $420 for carpet and installation(we had already moved furniture and got the old carpet out. tack strips were still down). We were going to have to pay mileage due to living 40 miles away from the store and the $35 fee would only cover up to 20 miles so we agreed. so this would put the carpet and installation around $500. We had to pay around $75 up front for someone to come out and measure. On Nov 24th the guy came out to measure the room and said he would get the estimate in that day. Didn't hear anything Friday or Monday about the estimate. So Tuesday I called and I couldn't ever get an answer in the flooring dept. Called on Wednesday and was told by Mike that the guy didn't send the measurements in but that he would call and then call me back. Never got a returned phone call that day. Called back on Friday and Mike said that he tried to call that morning but the contractor must have been closed for thanksgiving and that he would call back Monday morning and let us know something. Monday came along and had not heard anything so called around 2 pm. Mike said they had not called but would and then call me back. He finally called around 4:30 and said they did get the estimate and that it was going to be $630+ miles, $250 more than what they previously said.When asked why the price was so much more, they said that there was a $200 small room fee which they failed to mention before we paid the $75 up front. If we had known that it was going to cost that much more we would have never paid the $75 for the estimate. My husband called the manager on duty,(I think Verdell) and she pretty much said that the price could not be changed and that we could not get our money back. LESSON LEARNED. If people ever ask us where to go for home supplies, it wont be Lowes.

Sales person made the mistake and the installer is paying for it. That's how Lowes works.

Installers clean up their mess by taking a loss when it wasn't their fault. Lowes=Bullying

Lowes Estimate

Lowes in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Verbally assaulted for trying to warranty tools.

I purchased a four pack Dewalt cordless tool set back in April of 2012. recently one of my battery's quit working so I took it in to the Lowes in Colorado Springs Colorado on north Nevada. They told me in order to warranty it I had to bring back the entire to a pack so a week later I went in which is now December 1st, 2013. the girl behind the customer service counter said she had to call for approval. As I was standing there with the receipt in my hand I started hearing a man yell "NO NO NO NO" "IM NOT DOING IT JUST TAKE IT BACK" at which point I have not yet explained the problem. So i asked why. He said "aint my problem you call dewalt". So afyer a good 30 minutes of going around with this guy asking questions another gentleman stepped in and made a phone call. Now I have to go back again

ha ha that is funny! "aint my problem you call dewalt"

He handled himself wrong, but just like it says in your book, do not return to the store. Your warranty with lowes is 90 days, take it up with the manufacturer after that like everyone one else has to.

would u like 19 months of consternation, angst and obfuscation trying to redress kitchen and bath remodel with lowe's masco and kraftmaid ? we prepaid the entire project and the installer (ryan ) said to us "if they (cabinets ) were his, he would not accept them !!!

moreover, lowe's will not give us a copy of our prepaid contract ( ours was inadvertenly thrown away during our move ) we have spent well over $50000 with lowe's we oun 4 homes no call backs once prepaid , lowe's ignores the customer!!! time to unite consumers!! we are their (lowe's et. al.

raison d1 etre ! past time they (et. al.) realize this !!! d.v.

mcaran at dmcaran@yahoo.com and 419 515 0169 please respond !! regard, denny

Sounds to me like you don't want to do what the manufacture wants which is contact them for warranty issues. It will say 1 of 2 things on every item you ever purchase.

If it's a store exclusive it will tell you to bring it back to the store, however, if it's a manufacture not associated with the store it will tell you to contact the manufacture and not to bring it to the store.....

I just purchased an item yesterday and it said it had a lifetime warranty. It then said to contact the manufacture by calling this 1-800 number if you ever have a claim....

Product