Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in La Harpe, Illinois - We bought electric water heater due to a factory defective heating element and told too bad our loss

I am an elderly man with a disabled wife. I bought an electric heater to replace my existing gas water heater on Nov 1 2013 at Lowes in Burlington, IA. After wiring it up we waited 2 days for it to heat. Nothing. We had an electrician friend come who checked out the electrical and said he couldn't see anything wrong. After 1 1/2 weeks of waiting for hot water, we called our local electric company thinking it was electric problem. To our surprize it was the electric water heater itself. After having found the factory defective heater element we were charged $175 to have the heater fixed. We went to the Burlington Store and was told there was nothing they would do for us. Even the store manager was rude and high and mighty attitude. We only asked if they could pay the $175 for the fix but they laughed at me. Please help with this matter. I am a Pastor and do not appreciate the bad representation of the Lowes company. I will not buy at Lowes again unless this matter is attended to.
#741947

Umm...What?

So You buy a water heater and wait 2 days for it to heat up without taking action? You then call an electrician who finds nothing wrong, and then wait another 1 and a half weeks for hot water?

Lowes has a 30 day no question asked return policy. They most likely would have delivered a new Water Heater to you the next day and picked the defective one up. Did you not think to call Lowes before you paid to come have someone fix your current water heater?

Did you not think to contact the Manufacturer of the water heater to take advantage of their 6+ year warranty process before just blindly paying out of pocket for a repair? The manufacturer would most likely have told you to take the product back to lowes for an even exchange or a full refund.

So after bypassing any logical action that any reasonable person would have taken you expect Lowes to pay for your repair when you ignored all basic defective product procedures.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Tags
  • Electric Water heaters

Lowes - I bought a tire for a lawn mower in your store in stockton, ca, which is store #1545

well I discovered that I did not need the tire and return to the store to return the item . I had the receipt for the item and told me I had return the item three times aleady which was not true so I as to speak to the manager, the manager came and he ask for my phone number and said he was going to review video tapes from store security cameras to verify that I had actually bought the item at the store. after about 20-30 minutes standing there, and the video confirmed that I made the purchase. this happen aug 13 2013 my attorney Peter D. Sloane sent a letter Lowe's Executive Support Lowe's Inc. 1605 Cutis Bridge Road Wilksboro, NC 28697 October 7, 2013 Attorney phone number is 360-836-2043 my name james harris I am a 67 year old African- American disable veteran my phone number is 209-430-2974 the manager told they do every this way, because people find receipts another person thrown on the ground in the parking lot. the manager was trying accuse me of trying to steal from the store by picking up a receipt in the parking lot on the ground.

waiting to here from you lowe's

So what exactly is the issue? You have an issue with Lowes trying to protect their interests?

People do in fact try all sorts of thieves concerning returns. Did they eventually let you return the item?

Sure sounds like they did, but yet YOU STILL HAVE AN ISSUE. Get over yourself.

@Heartless

OK bud for your information when I purchase the lawn mower tire,one of the persons work at lowe's went outside with me to the parking lot to my truck to see the tire on the lawn mower to make sure I was buying the right tire, and when I return with the receipt and the tire three days later the same cashier where I bought the tire told me I had already return the tire three times aleady, and for you information the store manager call me and told me the cashier and the assistant manager had screw up,i don't know why I treated the way I was, so you tell me you know everything, what I think you should stay out of grown people business if you understand English, by have a nice day.

#741951
@toyou

Classic

@toyou

The feeling, I was feeling while I being checked out to find out if I was a crook, my mind went blank the whole time this was going,i was so angry and all I could do was stand there and take my brain back to viet nam where it was safe,when it was over,the assistant manager came over to me, gave me my money for the return item, and said I sure hope you come back to the store, and I said wow, and I left the store with my head all messed up. I was afraid to go to the mall, stores like lowe's;i well never go the again.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Nashville, Tennessee - Damaged my condo during appliance delivery

I had ordered kitchen appliances on October 26, 2013. Lowe's delivery department changed the delivery time two times and did not bother to apologize. I left work to be at the property both times to accept delivery yet they were not there. When their employees finally came to deliver the appliances, they damaged my condo badly and had brought dented appliances. I had paid for brand new appliances and requested that they take the dented appliances back. It took the employees close to three hours to remove the dented appliances out of my property (they were completely incompetent) during which time they further damaged my property. I have been trying to talk to managers at Lowe's but everyone makes misrepresentations as to when the items at my condo will be repaired. I have wasted hours on the phone trying to talk to the store manager, then their installation department, their delivery team and just about everyone else I have been transferred over to. To this date, they have done NOTHING to repair my property that THEY damaged. I am still awaiting a response from their manager, PJ, who had said "everything will be taken care of, yet I don't get a call back from anyone, and when I call to speak to their manager, they place me on hold for 20 min each time and the manager does not answer the phone, and I am being forced to start the process all over again. "Their manager, Kathryn, who was the first person I had spoken with regarding the damage of the property refuses to assist in this matter by claiming lack of knowledge. I have tried everything to get Lowe's to repair my property with no response. Let's see if they live up to their words.

I am in the same situation right now!! Lowe's tells you they will call and never do they have caused 1000s in damage to my home

Lowes in San Jose, California - Lowe's appliance install failure

Lowe's refuses to do simple water hose hook up for new refrigerator - basically does not complete refrigerator installation by leaving the waterline unattached, will not use the copper line currently available and do a simple shut off valve attachment - requires a plumber to complete the install. Wastes time of customer, does not complete the purchase installation, refuses to honor commitment of full installation. Not an example of customer service to emulate. Might want to consider not outsourcing the final contact with the customer to a third party - creates poor communication or no feedback, requires second, third calls to the customer service dept at Lowe's and then the call center then puts you on hold to direct you to the store.

The problem here is communication. Lowe's is supposed to install appliances but if something is not up to today's code, they won't do it.

This means that if you have an older home that had older appliances hooked up and working when you bought the home, Lowe's will not install the new appliances if the older ones were not hooked up to today's standards. When I bought an old home eight years ago, there was a lot better communication. I did what I needed to do to make everything fit in it's space and prepared the area for installation. This was done with the advice and guidance of the salesperson.

Unfortunately, there is a lack of communication by salespersons today. If you tell them that the appliances are going into an older home, they should be advising you on the various preparations necessary before you order appliances and have them installed. This would avoid all the frustration of appliances not fitting into the space because of unknown factors regarding the measurement of the appliances and the possibility that your appliance may not be able to be hooked up if the home does not have the specific requirements. Regarding the refrigerator hookup, simply letting you know what Lowe's will and will not do ahead of time would have avoided the frustration of believing they were going to connect it and then being told you need to get a plumber.

Your employees may be laughing but the customer is not. Train your salespeople in appliances to better communicate with the customer, and you will avoid having frustrated and angry customers calling you with complaints.

#741957

Lets Clarify, This was a "Free Delivery" not an "Installation" as you claim. These were not "Third Party Contractors" They were Lowes Employees.

It is not their responsibility to do plumbing work at your home. If they were to connect your water line and it leaked Lowes would be responsible for any damage that occurred. It is a simple liability issue.

So either pay to have someone do the simple task of hooking up your water line, or man up and do it yourself. If you go to Lowes and talk to the Plumbing Pro there, I'm sure he can set you up with the knowledge and materials needed to do this 5 min task.

If the DELIVERY DRIVERS connected your plumbing and screwed up, you would run to Lowes demand they pay for everything because they weren't LICENCED PLUMBERS.......that's why hook up is additional labor...would you expect a car mechanic to perform medical surgery...NO!!! Stop whining

Their install guys are not licensed plumbers... local plumbing codes help you by not allowing delivery guys to do your plumbing.

If they install a shut off valve and connect it and it leaks, do you think your homeowners will cover the damage??

The obvious answer is no. Get a licensed plumber to install the valve and I'm sure he will connect it at no charge.

Actually it waste the time of Lowes Delivery Team. Now, once you get your plumbing up to code like it's suppose to be before they deliver the refrigerator, they will have to make another trip to finish the installation.

It is not the job of the delivery team to put in shut off valves, update your old plumbing etc.

You are suppose to have the plumbing up to code so they can hook up the waterline to the proper fitting/shut off valve before they deliver the appliance. You should have to work in the appliance department for one hour and see just how ridiculous your complaints sound from the employee's side.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Greenville, South Carolina - They lied to me

purchased a dishwasher, arrived damaged, spoke with the manager of the Bluffton SC store where item was purchased and told they would arrange to have a new dishwasher delived when it was convient for me since I took off 4 hours off to accomodate their 4 hour time frame window and the manager stated not problem you say when, so once the new dishwasher was to be delivered at the store, ALL OF A SUDDEN then could not live up to their promise and said I was at the installers time frame. I said either work with me this time since I worked with them initially and they basically said cant do that, I said then I want my money back, so I decided for a refund, I went to LOWES in Bluffton SC and they worked with me, in fact I plan to purchase my stove/microwave, refrig, washer/dryer, from them, I use to go to Home Depot all the time but after this encounter NEVER AGAIN
#741959

Umm....What? You do realize you posted this in a Lowes Complaint thread?

Lowes in Tinley Park, Illinois - Customer Service is Terrible

I've been waiting for a product for over a month. Lowe's made three changes to the delivery date and it still hasn't arrived. They have also charged me for the product and I still don't have it. Spent an inordinate amount of the time with Lowe's customer care and they were no help. They are good at apologizing but never seem to get anything accomplished for the customer. Quite possibly the worst customer service ever. They then tried to buy my peace and told them I would rather let other people know how they treat people. Don't shop at Lowe's.

Well, I had the same problem with a product that I bought online, it looks like Lowes don't have reliable suppliers, therefore ther are as bad as the suppliers...never had one single good experience at Lowes, normally employees at the store are rude, so I don't go anymore, tried to buy online and almost over a month they keep coming with excuses about shipping problems,,,but they were promptly on charging me at the same day I bought...lets see how long it will take now to get my refund...

I HATE LOWES...LESSON LEARNED!!

"they have also charged me for the product and I still don't have it"...if you didn't pay, how did you expect them to order it???

As a consumer you need to understand that most retail stores do not manufacturer the products they sell. They buy them from a vendor who gives the an estimated time for shipping.

When you order a product that is not stocked the retailer tells you to expect the product to come in in the amount of time their supplier told them. It may be that their supplier was out of stock and gave Lowes a new expected delivery date, which they forwarded on to you. When they realized the couldn't meet that date either they gave Lowes a new delivery date which again was given to you. Unfortunately they don't have any controls over the delays.

If it get's too long, ask for a refund. As long as the product hasn't shipped yet they should be willing to give you a refund. I don't see that Lowes has done anything wrong. They have kept you informed of the delays.

Customer care can't make the product for you.

If you go to a competitor and order the same product from the same manufacturer you will have the same delays. Don't blame Lowes, blame their supplier.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Delivery Service

Had lowes install our carpet and it was a nightmare

The installers were to come at 8:30 in the morning but their van broke down. that was the only phone call we got. We had to make all the other phone calls to find out when we were getting our carpet. They finally got another vehicle lined up and then instead of coming to our house, they went to Nebraska to do a job. they didn't get to our house until 6:00 that night. they told us they were coming at 3:30. And to top it off, they brought our carpet in a Jeep, with the carpet sticking out and it was raining. And it wasn't wrapped! The manager of the installation dept. was rude and very unprofessional. The manager of Lowes was the same way. We are done with Lowes. we both took time off work to get this done
Tags
  • installing carpet

Terrible customer service in Lowes Brevard NC

Went to Lowes picked out carpet and paid $45 for an estimate that local competitors would do for free. Was advised by sales associate that I could get a coupon for 10% off by going to the local post office and picking up a new comer package. I did and there was a coupon you entered the number online and Lowes would return a coupon in 7-10 days. After a week I dropped by the store and advised I was ready to go, but still had not received the coupon. Sales Associate stated he "would see what he could do " to accelerate the sales process. He called back later and advised the manager had agreed to accept the coupon offer and await the coupon. Truth is he could have gone to his corporate website and looked up my coupon with my name and phone number. Apparently he wasn't tech savvy because when I arrived at the store to order the carpet the sales associate reneged as the manager had refused to honor his original commitment. Frankly, I wouldn't have been PO'd if they had said no originally,but now I was pissed and asked to see the store manager. He was off that day, so they paged an assistant who advised" he was supervising a truck unloading and it would be a few minutes. After a few minutes, I told the clerk my patience was running short and she paged yet another assistant manager. I explained my situation in heated terms and I asked for his assistance to see what he could do since this was my third trip to store . He asked if I was "done" stated he couldn't discount without the coupon in hand and suggested I go back to the Post Office and get another coupon. I did and when I opened the Newcomer Package the coupon read expire August 2013. I wasn't going back to the store with a expired coupon so I called Lowes customer service. They were very helpful, and found my coupon in the LOWES computer in 30 seconds and couldn't figure out why I had the problem. They called the store manager directly and advised me he would follow up within 24 hours. I called back to Lowes customer service six hours too early and asked for a supervisor. The customer service associate "skated me around" and told me I had given the store manager the full 24 hours and didn't want to connect me with supervisor, but finally did. It's 23 hours since my original call and I know where customer service stands at Lowes in Brevard in the toilet with the flotsam they call managers!
#741965

This guy is obviously an unstable individual. However, in retail you work with every kind of customer. Courteous and Not, it comes with the territory.

Why the original associate didn't just give the guy 10% off on his order or adjust the Pad price to reflect it is beyond me. Margin on Carpet pad is like 400%. Give the whining toddler his candy and get him out the freaking door.

You fail to mention that if you purchase the carpet install you get the $45.00 back off the purchase price. If you are going to complain tell the whole truth.

Too bad you can't talk to management or customer service rationally. Your first contact with management was your explaining you situation in "Heated terms" (your words).

Starting with a heated explanation of your problem isn't going to win any friends. Then you complained to customer service and were asked to give the store manager 24 hours to respond. You couldn't even do that and called back demanding to talk to a supervisor and are even complaining here before the 24 hours is up. I wouldn't call you back either.

I wouldn't want your business.

If you ordered carpet that took a week to come in, you would be calling in 4 days wondering why it wasn't there yet. No one need the headaches you would cause.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Estimate

A rebatete card that was sent to me from Lowes for a window project that Lowes had botched, the card had a $168.00 balance it had expired so Lowes was not leagaly resposible to help me.

Lowes sent a rebate card to me and I did not think there would be an experation date on this card. This was a card that Lowes had sent me for purchasing and having the windows installed for me. The only reason I had Lowes do the Job in the first place was that my husband was having a total knee replacement and in the hospital recovery and after he recovered he would still have limitations, so he was not able to do this job. A bunch of untrained monkees would have done just as good of a job, at least when lack of common since to put in a complete window if you took out a complete window and the broken sheet rock and the fact that Lowe's Employees left foot prints all over my freshly painted walls I was not happy to say the least, and many other things that did go wrong. The Rebate card was originally sent to the wrong address and that took a miracle to have the Rebate card sent to my correct address. The rebate card was for $600.00 and the only purchases where made at Lowe's. The rebate center did let me know of the $168.00 balance but there hands were tied this problem would be up to Lowe's to correct, and so far the Lowe's at Newberry, SC has not called or made any attempts to rectify this problem. Maybe Lowe's of Newberry is trying to talk to Lowes of Simpsonville where the origanal purchase that qualified me for the rebate was made. Why was an experation date put on the card in the first place. You would think that this would be a corporate problem. I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THIS ISSUE SINCE 2011 AND NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED. All I know for curtain is that Lowes has leagally stolen money from me, maybe I should make out a police report isn't that what you do when you have been ROBBED, at least it was not at gun point just electronic thievery. WHAT I NEED FROM LOWES IS TO MAKE THIS GO AWAY IS FOR LOWES TO FIX ALL OF THEIR MISTAKES. As far as the window problem we have worked with many of Lowes store managers and Supervisors and the problem still exist. I have been fighting the window issue since October 2011 Feel free to go by this property that this was done. The address is 2057 Highway 101 N Gray Court SC so that you can see all of the beautiful work that Lowes has done but be sure to pay attention to the fact that the TRIM DOES NOT MATCH. Other than the lack of detail that Lowes offered me for the exterior, the majority of the Damage is on the inside of the 100+ year old home. If Lowes is wondering why I did not use this card before the uncalled for experation date there were many other things happening in my life such as my Aunt passing and them my Grandfather as wall as a my Uncle and the fact that Aunt and Uncle passed do to Dementia. And have always had Epilepsy and this fine state of ours has never believed me so I had to go back to the state I am from to get the much needed medical services that I need and my husband was forced out of his job just before that knee surgery I told you about. So hopefully this will all be some thing I will be able to look back on and laugh about, Oh no by then I will not be able to remember because Dementia runs in my family and since I have Epilepsy I'm on my way. Isn't there some law that keeps people from taking advantage of the handicapped. Lowes wants me to pay more money to correct the wrapping, this i am not willing to do
#741969

LOL.....

This incoherent wall of text amused me. No where in it is a lucid thought. After attempting to read I still don't exactly know what the customer's problem is other than they let a prepaid credit card expire without using it and somehow feel this is Lowe's problem.

It actually is Visa's problem and if you would actually call them, they would most likely send you a new unexpired card with the remaining balance from the previous card.

So....try calling them perhaps?

Something tells me you have dementia! It's customer's like you that make Lowe's employees not care anymore.

We deal with so many ignorant people, we just get to a point where we don't care anymore.

Not only do we have to deal with ***, such as yourself, but *** managers that don't want to be bothered to deal with anything. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Don't purchase major appliances here!

DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR MAJOR APPLIANCES FROM LOWES! I purchased a new stacked washer/dryer with an extended 4 year warranty from Lowes on February 2, 2012. 2 weeks ago my washer quit working. I called Lowes to request repair. They scheduled a repair through A&E Factory Service, 8 days out. The A&E repairman called me on his way to my home, asking the problem (which I described to Lowes on my initial call). He immediately replied that it sounded like the mother board needed to be replaced, that this was a common issue, and A&E did not keep these parts in stock and he would have to order it. After diagnosing the problem, just as he suspected, this was the problem. He said he would order the part, which should arrive in 2-3 days, but he could not come back to install it until Nov 2. This means I will be without my washing machine for over 2 weeks. $50 at laundromats since waiting for repairs. I have sent various emails and made several calls to Lowes expressing my dissatisfaction with their warranty repair service, only getting the run around. Don't waste your money with Lowes.

Oh you poor thing. Did your perfect world experience a hiccup.

Join the rest of the crowd and quit whining. Kindness and patience will get you a lot further in this imperfect world.

Look at it this way. If you hadn't purchased the warranty you would be calling a service center like A&E, waiting for the repair and paying for it. Would you be blaming yourself for the delays?

nikalseyn

First of all, Lowe's did not manufacture the machine. Blame the manufacturer for the problem if you must blame anyone.

Secondly, you sound like a certified platinum member of the "immediate gratification" club. Things happen and if it cannot be repaired for a couple of weeks, learn to cope. Take your meds and go to the laundromat.

At least it will be fixed. Your boo-hooing is tiresome.

Wait a minute, you are blaming the wrong people. I doubt you would be better off a Sears or other stores, since this is A&E.

View more comments (3)