Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Was encouraged by Lowes staff when purchasing kitchen cabinets to show my military ID for discount.

Spent over 8000.00 on kitchen cabinets and opened a Lowes Card for additional discount. Next time I was in the store for the countertop, the check out staff at the store encouraged me since I am an elderly veteran to show my military id and get an additional 10% off. I went home search through my things and found a copy of my pink photo id (new one is coming from VA). Back at the store the cashier checked with store manager who refused to honor the discount. I was humiliated and embarrassed. (Have used this copy in 4 other Lowes in the area with no problem.) So for the 100.00 discount I could of received, they lost out to Sears for the $5000.00 we are spending on appliances. Lowes needs to look at the big picture and get a handle on this.

First of all, they cannot discount anything that includes labor...labor is included on countertops. If you were to receive 10% off, it would most likely take the retail under cost and Lowes looses money.

Why would they want to loose money?? The countertop people would come back to Lowes for the extra money that Lowes would have to pull from their pocket. No 10% anything works on countertops unless Lowes is willing to loose money.

Are you willing to rape Lowes?? From a former employee

@Anonymous

LOOSE MEANS NOT TIGHT... Lose would be the correct word.

As far as this old timer goes, GET OVER IT. It's amazing the stuff people make a big deal about.

@Heartless

Hmmmmm Heartless...are you an English teacher or just another loser that works for a big box retailer???? I'm going to say the retailer, have fun with that job.

@Anonymous

Hey Heartless You should get over it This oldtimer Is and will be a Marine so if it was not for the old timers you would be speaking with that slant eye ***. My complaint is that I was in Korea and came out alive we were all in it together where did u serve You are the problem this country would be better off with you go to France they will take anyone I am PISSED Off But *** he is right China is making to much profit on the USA

MikeBrady

What reason did they give for not honoring the card? Was it expired? Why did you need a new one?

Lowes in Massapequa, New York - Installation of windows

Purchased top of line pella windows and now the 7th time they are trying to get it right. Dont hire Lowes they are inconpentent and never have an answer and like to point fingers at its not my fault, its the window company not me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ii I i II III III III III IIIII IIII IIII IIII IIII III III III II III III III I III I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I II I I I I I I III III III II III II II III IIII IIII IIII III I

I work for them and i wouldnt hire them to do a thing.

Lowes - Nothing time and time again

You should shop Lowes if you want special order after special order to be screwed up each and every time. Within a one month period I ordered the following and got NOTHING - CERTAINLY NOT SERVICE!!! Deck Stain - well... that did appear about one month after I ordered and paid for it. They kept calling me and telling me it was in, I would then go to the store 1/2 hour away and was told it was not in. They had really weird lame excuses for this one. I paid almost $200.00 for this stain and they charged when I ordered not when it shipped. Requested estimate for a kitchen better than a month after they came out and took estimates, etc. The whole kitchen would have been approximately $30,000.00, which was fine. When I did FINALLY receive the estimate I had already moved on. LOL Tile Samples - six weeks later no tile samples Flooring - well this whole thing was a joke from beginning to end - purchased elsewhere Shower add-on Again bought and paid for in order to order. Called about two weeks later and was told it was backordered. That is something you tell the customer when they order or at the very least call the customer and notify them, but oh no, I would never had known if I didn't call asking where it was. I own income properties and cannot fix things when Lowe's finally get's it act together. They have sunken to all new Lowe's especially in NH and Maine, maybe elsewhere but I don't know that. I did speak to their corporate escalation team, useless and clueless. I now order EVERYTHING online with great success from everywhere excluding Lowe's and HD. Amazon is a great replacement for these "I could care less" retailers. Lowe's may have inconvenienced me but they cost themselves well over $30,000.00. Their loss my gain.
Lowes Estimate
Tags
  • Lowe s Home Improvement

Lowes in Naperville, Illinois - Final given

I was given a final for only being late three times in two months. Then for not pushing the MyLowes card program according to their criteria, I was fired. And now, I can't get unemployment! Too much favoritism going on. Corporate doen't care they defend their managers and to them if you can't make them money they don't want to know about you. As the store manager repeatedly says in the meetings " you are not important, you are replaceable." Many employees have left because management treats them like ***. How can a company like Lowes allow this to happen. We bust our behinds to make them money.

You should have worked for my store. We love it when employees are late.

Customers get to stand around with the thumbs up their rears. Employee morale has really gone up since we instituted being late for everything.

What an ***, i hate Lowes...my god! Late 3x's and you are the victim?

I'm glad you don't work or don't work for me. Take responsibility for your actions.

Lowes treats employees like ***. They discriminate against the older ones and do whatever they can to terminate them!

If, or when they do terminate you, they make up lies so you can't get unemployment. Horrible company!

#741944

Cry More....

Lowes follows a very strict procedure when terminating an Employee. You are only giving half the story as there were obviously two other write-ups that you don't mention.

Most likely you were a garbage employee and you are right. They probably wanted you gone ASAP.

Look in the mirror and stop blaming Lowes for failing at life.

I fully understand. I left Lowes and work for Home Depot with better pay and better treatment.

If Lowes management don't like you, they will do everything they can to get you out. Too much racial slurs and foul language. I had to leave.

I have a pending lawsuit against them for the racial stuff. Watch out who you have trust with cause it can be used against you.

Late 3 times in 2 months is awful. I've never been late at my place of employment.

Being late time and time again is a sign of real commitment.

I placed college football and if you were not 5 minutes early for a meeting or practice you were considered late. If you think it's acceptable be late when others are counting on you then you HAVE A LOT TO LEARN IN LIFE.

Being late once a year is all I would tolerate if I were your boss.

View more comments (5)

Lowes in Cleveland, Ohio - Terrible Store Manager

I went to the Lowe's on Iverson Way in Charlotte, NC and this manager name Bob was very rude and disrespectful. I was trying to return some product and everyone acted as if I stole something but the funny thing is I had my receipt. A white customer who was in line in front of me had no receipt and the product was use they gave him a refund with no questions asked. Here I am I had the product in the original packaging never opened, with the receipt within 90 days and they made me feel like I stole something. I will never shop at that Lowe's again. I am a hard working black women and I work hard for everything I own and I don't have to steal from anywhere. It's not like I came in the store looking like a ***. I was dress very business casual. I will take my business elsewhere.

That's not fair. At my store we treat everybody equally. We think everyone is a shoplifter that way everyone is equally offended.

Lowes Manager

Lowes in La Harpe, Illinois - We bought electric water heater due to a factory defective heating element and told too bad our loss

I am an elderly man with a disabled wife. I bought an electric heater to replace my existing gas water heater on Nov 1 2013 at Lowes in Burlington, IA. After wiring it up we waited 2 days for it to heat. Nothing. We had an electrician friend come who checked out the electrical and said he couldn't see anything wrong. After 1 1/2 weeks of waiting for hot water, we called our local electric company thinking it was electric problem. To our surprize it was the electric water heater itself. After having found the factory defective heater element we were charged $175 to have the heater fixed. We went to the Burlington Store and was told there was nothing they would do for us. Even the store manager was rude and high and mighty attitude. We only asked if they could pay the $175 for the fix but they laughed at me. Please help with this matter. I am a Pastor and do not appreciate the bad representation of the Lowes company. I will not buy at Lowes again unless this matter is attended to.
#741947

Umm...What?

So You buy a water heater and wait 2 days for it to heat up without taking action? You then call an electrician who finds nothing wrong, and then wait another 1 and a half weeks for hot water?

Lowes has a 30 day no question asked return policy. They most likely would have delivered a new Water Heater to you the next day and picked the defective one up. Did you not think to call Lowes before you paid to come have someone fix your current water heater?

Did you not think to contact the Manufacturer of the water heater to take advantage of their 6+ year warranty process before just blindly paying out of pocket for a repair? The manufacturer would most likely have told you to take the product back to lowes for an even exchange or a full refund.

So after bypassing any logical action that any reasonable person would have taken you expect Lowes to pay for your repair when you ignored all basic defective product procedures.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Tags
  • Electric Water heaters

Lowes - I bought a tire for a lawn mower in your store in stockton, ca, which is store #1545

well I discovered that I did not need the tire and return to the store to return the item . I had the receipt for the item and told me I had return the item three times aleady which was not true so I as to speak to the manager, the manager came and he ask for my phone number and said he was going to review video tapes from store security cameras to verify that I had actually bought the item at the store. after about 20-30 minutes standing there, and the video confirmed that I made the purchase. this happen aug 13 2013 my attorney Peter D. Sloane sent a letter Lowe's Executive Support Lowe's Inc. 1605 Cutis Bridge Road Wilksboro, NC 28697 October 7, 2013 Attorney phone number is 360-836-2043 my name james harris I am a 67 year old African- American disable veteran my phone number is 209-430-2974 the manager told they do every this way, because people find receipts another person thrown on the ground in the parking lot. the manager was trying accuse me of trying to steal from the store by picking up a receipt in the parking lot on the ground.

waiting to here from you lowe's

So what exactly is the issue? You have an issue with Lowes trying to protect their interests?

People do in fact try all sorts of thieves concerning returns. Did they eventually let you return the item?

Sure sounds like they did, but yet YOU STILL HAVE AN ISSUE. Get over yourself.

@Heartless

OK bud for your information when I purchase the lawn mower tire,one of the persons work at lowe's went outside with me to the parking lot to my truck to see the tire on the lawn mower to make sure I was buying the right tire, and when I return with the receipt and the tire three days later the same cashier where I bought the tire told me I had already return the tire three times aleady, and for you information the store manager call me and told me the cashier and the assistant manager had screw up,i don't know why I treated the way I was, so you tell me you know everything, what I think you should stay out of grown people business if you understand English, by have a nice day.

#741951
@toyou

Classic

@toyou

The feeling, I was feeling while I being checked out to find out if I was a crook, my mind went blank the whole time this was going,i was so angry and all I could do was stand there and take my brain back to viet nam where it was safe,when it was over,the assistant manager came over to me, gave me my money for the return item, and said I sure hope you come back to the store, and I said wow, and I left the store with my head all messed up. I was afraid to go to the mall, stores like lowe's;i well never go the again.

Lowes in Nashville, Tennessee - Damaged my condo during appliance delivery

I had ordered kitchen appliances on October 26, 2013. Lowe's delivery department changed the delivery time two times and did not bother to apologize. I left work to be at the property both times to accept delivery yet they were not there. When their employees finally came to deliver the appliances, they damaged my condo badly and had brought dented appliances. I had paid for brand new appliances and requested that they take the dented appliances back. It took the employees close to three hours to remove the dented appliances out of my property (they were completely incompetent) during which time they further damaged my property. I have been trying to talk to managers at Lowe's but everyone makes misrepresentations as to when the items at my condo will be repaired. I have wasted hours on the phone trying to talk to the store manager, then their installation department, their delivery team and just about everyone else I have been transferred over to. To this date, they have done NOTHING to repair my property that THEY damaged. I am still awaiting a response from their manager, PJ, who had said "everything will be taken care of, yet I don't get a call back from anyone, and when I call to speak to their manager, they place me on hold for 20 min each time and the manager does not answer the phone, and I am being forced to start the process all over again. "Their manager, Kathryn, who was the first person I had spoken with regarding the damage of the property refuses to assist in this matter by claiming lack of knowledge. I have tried everything to get Lowe's to repair my property with no response. Let's see if they live up to their words.

I am in the same situation right now!! Lowe's tells you they will call and never do they have caused 1000s in damage to my home

Lowes Installation

Lowes in San Jose, California - Lowe's appliance install failure

Lowe's refuses to do simple water hose hook up for new refrigerator - basically does not complete refrigerator installation by leaving the waterline unattached, will not use the copper line currently available and do a simple shut off valve attachment - requires a plumber to complete the install. Wastes time of customer, does not complete the purchase installation, refuses to honor commitment of full installation. Not an example of customer service to emulate. Might want to consider not outsourcing the final contact with the customer to a third party - creates poor communication or no feedback, requires second, third calls to the customer service dept at Lowe's and then the call center then puts you on hold to direct you to the store.

The problem here is communication. Lowe's is supposed to install appliances but if something is not up to today's code, they won't do it.

This means that if you have an older home that had older appliances hooked up and working when you bought the home, Lowe's will not install the new appliances if the older ones were not hooked up to today's standards. When I bought an old home eight years ago, there was a lot better communication. I did what I needed to do to make everything fit in it's space and prepared the area for installation. This was done with the advice and guidance of the salesperson.

Unfortunately, there is a lack of communication by salespersons today. If you tell them that the appliances are going into an older home, they should be advising you on the various preparations necessary before you order appliances and have them installed. This would avoid all the frustration of appliances not fitting into the space because of unknown factors regarding the measurement of the appliances and the possibility that your appliance may not be able to be hooked up if the home does not have the specific requirements. Regarding the refrigerator hookup, simply letting you know what Lowe's will and will not do ahead of time would have avoided the frustration of believing they were going to connect it and then being told you need to get a plumber.

Your employees may be laughing but the customer is not. Train your salespeople in appliances to better communicate with the customer, and you will avoid having frustrated and angry customers calling you with complaints.

#741957

Lets Clarify, This was a "Free Delivery" not an "Installation" as you claim. These were not "Third Party Contractors" They were Lowes Employees.

It is not their responsibility to do plumbing work at your home. If they were to connect your water line and it leaked Lowes would be responsible for any damage that occurred. It is a simple liability issue.

So either pay to have someone do the simple task of hooking up your water line, or man up and do it yourself. If you go to Lowes and talk to the Plumbing Pro there, I'm sure he can set you up with the knowledge and materials needed to do this 5 min task.

If the DELIVERY DRIVERS connected your plumbing and screwed up, you would run to Lowes demand they pay for everything because they weren't LICENCED PLUMBERS.......that's why hook up is additional labor...would you expect a car mechanic to perform medical surgery...NO!!! Stop whining

Their install guys are not licensed plumbers... local plumbing codes help you by not allowing delivery guys to do your plumbing.

If they install a shut off valve and connect it and it leaks, do you think your homeowners will cover the damage??

The obvious answer is no. Get a licensed plumber to install the valve and I'm sure he will connect it at no charge.

Actually it waste the time of Lowes Delivery Team. Now, once you get your plumbing up to code like it's suppose to be before they deliver the refrigerator, they will have to make another trip to finish the installation.

It is not the job of the delivery team to put in shut off valves, update your old plumbing etc.

You are suppose to have the plumbing up to code so they can hook up the waterline to the proper fitting/shut off valve before they deliver the appliance. You should have to work in the appliance department for one hour and see just how ridiculous your complaints sound from the employee's side.

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Greenville, South Carolina - They lied to me

purchased a dishwasher, arrived damaged, spoke with the manager of the Bluffton SC store where item was purchased and told they would arrange to have a new dishwasher delived when it was convient for me since I took off 4 hours off to accomodate their 4 hour time frame window and the manager stated not problem you say when, so once the new dishwasher was to be delivered at the store, ALL OF A SUDDEN then could not live up to their promise and said I was at the installers time frame. I said either work with me this time since I worked with them initially and they basically said cant do that, I said then I want my money back, so I decided for a refund, I went to LOWES in Bluffton SC and they worked with me, in fact I plan to purchase my stove/microwave, refrig, washer/dryer, from them, I use to go to Home Depot all the time but after this encounter NEVER AGAIN
#741959

Umm....What? You do realize you posted this in a Lowes Complaint thread?