Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Tinley Park, Illinois - Customer Service is Terrible

I've been waiting for a product for over a month. Lowe's made three changes to the delivery date and it still hasn't arrived. They have also charged me for the product and I still don't have it. Spent an inordinate amount of the time with Lowe's customer care and they were no help. They are good at apologizing but never seem to get anything accomplished for the customer. Quite possibly the worst customer service ever. They then tried to buy my peace and told them I would rather let other people know how they treat people. Don't shop at Lowe's.

Well, I had the same problem with a product that I bought online, it looks like Lowes don't have reliable suppliers, therefore ther are as bad as the suppliers...never had one single good experience at Lowes, normally employees at the store are rude, so I don't go anymore, tried to buy online and almost over a month they keep coming with excuses about shipping problems,,,but they were promptly on charging me at the same day I bought...lets see how long it will take now to get my refund...

I HATE LOWES...LESSON LEARNED!!

"they have also charged me for the product and I still don't have it"...if you didn't pay, how did you expect them to order it???

As a consumer you need to understand that most retail stores do not manufacturer the products they sell. They buy them from a vendor who gives the an estimated time for shipping.

When you order a product that is not stocked the retailer tells you to expect the product to come in in the amount of time their supplier told them. It may be that their supplier was out of stock and gave Lowes a new expected delivery date, which they forwarded on to you. When they realized the couldn't meet that date either they gave Lowes a new delivery date which again was given to you. Unfortunately they don't have any controls over the delays.

If it get's too long, ask for a refund. As long as the product hasn't shipped yet they should be willing to give you a refund. I don't see that Lowes has done anything wrong. They have kept you informed of the delays.

Customer care can't make the product for you.

If you go to a competitor and order the same product from the same manufacturer you will have the same delays. Don't blame Lowes, blame their supplier.

Lowes Delivery Service

Had lowes install our carpet and it was a nightmare

The installers were to come at 8:30 in the morning but their van broke down. that was the only phone call we got. We had to make all the other phone calls to find out when we were getting our carpet. They finally got another vehicle lined up and then instead of coming to our house, they went to Nebraska to do a job. they didn't get to our house until 6:00 that night. they told us they were coming at 3:30. And to top it off, they brought our carpet in a Jeep, with the carpet sticking out and it was raining. And it wasn't wrapped! The manager of the installation dept. was rude and very unprofessional. The manager of Lowes was the same way. We are done with Lowes. we both took time off work to get this done
Lowes Installation
  • installing carpet

Terrible customer service in Lowes Brevard NC

Went to Lowes picked out carpet and paid $45 for an estimate that local competitors would do for free. Was advised by sales associate that I could get a coupon for 10% off by going to the local post office and picking up a new comer package. I did and there was a coupon you entered the number online and Lowes would return a coupon in 7-10 days. After a week I dropped by the store and advised I was ready to go, but still had not received the coupon. Sales Associate stated he "would see what he could do " to accelerate the sales process. He called back later and advised the manager had agreed to accept the coupon offer and await the coupon. Truth is he could have gone to his corporate website and looked up my coupon with my name and phone number. Apparently he wasn't tech savvy because when I arrived at the store to order the carpet the sales associate reneged as the manager had refused to honor his original commitment. Frankly, I wouldn't have been PO'd if they had said no originally,but now I was pissed and asked to see the store manager. He was off that day, so they paged an assistant who advised" he was supervising a truck unloading and it would be a few minutes. After a few minutes, I told the clerk my patience was running short and she paged yet another assistant manager. I explained my situation in heated terms and I asked for his assistance to see what he could do since this was my third trip to store . He asked if I was "done" stated he couldn't discount without the coupon in hand and suggested I go back to the Post Office and get another coupon. I did and when I opened the Newcomer Package the coupon read expire August 2013. I wasn't going back to the store with a expired coupon so I called Lowes customer service. They were very helpful, and found my coupon in the LOWES computer in 30 seconds and couldn't figure out why I had the problem. They called the store manager directly and advised me he would follow up within 24 hours. I called back to Lowes customer service six hours too early and asked for a supervisor. The customer service associate "skated me around" and told me I had given the store manager the full 24 hours and didn't want to connect me with supervisor, but finally did. It's 23 hours since my original call and I know where customer service stands at Lowes in Brevard in the toilet with the flotsam they call managers!
#741965

This guy is obviously an unstable individual. However, in retail you work with every kind of customer. Courteous and Not, it comes with the territory.

Why the original associate didn't just give the guy 10% off on his order or adjust the Pad price to reflect it is beyond me. Margin on Carpet pad is like 400%. Give the whining toddler his candy and get him out the freaking door.

You fail to mention that if you purchase the carpet install you get the $45.00 back off the purchase price. If you are going to complain tell the whole truth.

Too bad you can't talk to management or customer service rationally. Your first contact with management was your explaining you situation in "Heated terms" (your words).

Starting with a heated explanation of your problem isn't going to win any friends. Then you complained to customer service and were asked to give the store manager 24 hours to respond. You couldn't even do that and called back demanding to talk to a supervisor and are even complaining here before the 24 hours is up. I wouldn't call you back either.

I wouldn't want your business.

If you ordered carpet that took a week to come in, you would be calling in 4 days wondering why it wasn't there yet. No one need the headaches you would cause.

Lowes Estimate

A rebatete card that was sent to me from Lowes for a window project that Lowes had botched, the card had a $168.00 balance it had expired so Lowes was not leagaly resposible to help me.

Lowes sent a rebate card to me and I did not think there would be an experation date on this card. This was a card that Lowes had sent me for purchasing and having the windows installed for me. The only reason I had Lowes do the Job in the first place was that my husband was having a total knee replacement and in the hospital recovery and after he recovered he would still have limitations, so he was not able to do this job. A bunch of untrained monkees would have done just as good of a job, at least when lack of common since to put in a complete window if you took out a complete window and the broken sheet rock and the fact that Lowe's Employees left foot prints all over my freshly painted walls I was not happy to say the least, and many other things that did go wrong. The Rebate card was originally sent to the wrong address and that took a miracle to have the Rebate card sent to my correct address. The rebate card was for $600.00 and the only purchases where made at Lowe's. The rebate center did let me know of the $168.00 balance but there hands were tied this problem would be up to Lowe's to correct, and so far the Lowe's at Newberry, SC has not called or made any attempts to rectify this problem. Maybe Lowe's of Newberry is trying to talk to Lowes of Simpsonville where the origanal purchase that qualified me for the rebate was made. Why was an experation date put on the card in the first place. You would think that this would be a corporate problem. I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THIS ISSUE SINCE 2011 AND NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED. All I know for curtain is that Lowes has leagally stolen money from me, maybe I should make out a police report isn't that what you do when you have been ROBBED, at least it was not at gun point just electronic thievery. WHAT I NEED FROM LOWES IS TO MAKE THIS GO AWAY IS FOR LOWES TO FIX ALL OF THEIR MISTAKES. As far as the window problem we have worked with many of Lowes store managers and Supervisors and the problem still exist. I have been fighting the window issue since October 2011 Feel free to go by this property that this was done. The address is 2057 Highway 101 N Gray Court SC so that you can see all of the beautiful work that Lowes has done but be sure to pay attention to the fact that the TRIM DOES NOT MATCH. Other than the lack of detail that Lowes offered me for the exterior, the majority of the Damage is on the inside of the 100+ year old home. If Lowes is wondering why I did not use this card before the uncalled for experation date there were many other things happening in my life such as my Aunt passing and them my Grandfather as wall as a my Uncle and the fact that Aunt and Uncle passed do to Dementia. And have always had Epilepsy and this fine state of ours has never believed me so I had to go back to the state I am from to get the much needed medical services that I need and my husband was forced out of his job just before that knee surgery I told you about. So hopefully this will all be some thing I will be able to look back on and laugh about, Oh no by then I will not be able to remember because Dementia runs in my family and since I have Epilepsy I'm on my way. Isn't there some law that keeps people from taking advantage of the handicapped. Lowes wants me to pay more money to correct the wrapping, this i am not willing to do
#741969

LOL.....

This incoherent wall of text amused me. No where in it is a lucid thought. After attempting to read I still don't exactly know what the customer's problem is other than they let a prepaid credit card expire without using it and somehow feel this is Lowe's problem.

It actually is Visa's problem and if you would actually call them, they would most likely send you a new unexpired card with the remaining balance from the previous card.

So....try calling them perhaps?

Something tells me you have dementia! It's customer's like you that make Lowe's employees not care anymore.

We deal with so many ignorant people, we just get to a point where we don't care anymore.

Not only do we have to deal with ***, such as yourself, but *** managers that don't want to be bothered to deal with anything. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Don't purchase major appliances here!

DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR MAJOR APPLIANCES FROM LOWES! I purchased a new stacked washer/dryer with an extended 4 year warranty from Lowes on February 2, 2012. 2 weeks ago my washer quit working. I called Lowes to request repair. They scheduled a repair through A&E Factory Service, 8 days out. The A&E repairman called me on his way to my home, asking the problem (which I described to Lowes on my initial call). He immediately replied that it sounded like the mother board needed to be replaced, that this was a common issue, and A&E did not keep these parts in stock and he would have to order it. After diagnosing the problem, just as he suspected, this was the problem. He said he would order the part, which should arrive in 2-3 days, but he could not come back to install it until Nov 2. This means I will be without my washing machine for over 2 weeks. $50 at laundromats since waiting for repairs. I have sent various emails and made several calls to Lowes expressing my dissatisfaction with their warranty repair service, only getting the run around. Don't waste your money with Lowes.

Oh you poor thing. Did your perfect world experience a hiccup.

Join the rest of the crowd and quit whining. Kindness and patience will get you a lot further in this imperfect world.

Look at it this way. If you hadn't purchased the warranty you would be calling a service center like A&E, waiting for the repair and paying for it. Would you be blaming yourself for the delays?

nikalseyn

First of all, Lowe's did not manufacture the machine. Blame the manufacturer for the problem if you must blame anyone.

Secondly, you sound like a certified platinum member of the "immediate gratification" club. Things happen and if it cannot be repaired for a couple of weeks, learn to cope. Take your meds and go to the laundromat.

At least it will be fixed. Your boo-hooing is tiresome.

Wait a minute, you are blaming the wrong people. I doubt you would be better off a Sears or other stores, since this is A&E.

View more comments (3)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes - TRIED FOR MORE THAN 2 HOURS TO PAY MY BILL ON LINE WITH NO RESULTS

I RECENTLY GOT A LOWES BUSINESS CREDIT CARD. I WANTED TO PAY ON LINE. I SPENT MORE THAN 2 HOURS ON THE WEBSITE AND WITH SERVICE REPS TO SET IP ONLINE WITH NO LUCK. THEY ARE SERIOUSLY COMMITTED TO NOT ALLOWING YOU TO TALK TO A HUMAN BEING. THEIR VOICE SEEM IS A ROYAL PAIN MAKING YOU LISTEN TO MANY OPTIONS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REASON YOU ARE CALLING. I FINALLY GAVE UP AND CANCELLED ALL MY LOWES CARDS PERSONAL AND BUSINESS AND SENT A CHECK AND THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK THE CANCEL ORDERS DID NOT SEEM TO CARE. THEY DO NOT RESPECT YOUR TIME LOWES WASTED 2 HOURS OF MY TIME WITHOUT ANY APOLOGIES. PLEASE TWEET THIS AND TELL AS MANY PEOPLE THAT YOU KNOW. WE CANNOT LET COMPANIES NO MATTER HOW LARGE THEY ARE TO STEAL YOUR TIME

So this really has nothing to do with LOWES, more like GE Capital. So before making an *** of yourself on social media with the other idiots, check yourself

Product
Lowes Website
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes - District Manager

Has anybody seen a short and fat guy walking around the Lowes stores in Spokane Valley,Wa. with the store manager and if you have, have you asked for some help and they ignored you? Well I would like to know about it, since it happen to me and I would like to know who that little person is. I shop there at least three to four times a week. That is the worst time I have had at that store in the two that I go to. Lowes seem to have gotten worst in the last year and half and I believe it's the managers or people above them.

What is horrid is, folks like this (claim they are not being helped, or are treated horrid, or are ignored, or refused service... Really do think with their pockets and what they can get...

How about thinking about the person wearing that vest? How about asking someone with a vest? IF you ask the person wearing a vest, that if you beg, would they help you? IF that person wearing the vest flippin responds, no (as that is the answer to your question, as no one needs to beg in order to get help), and immediately says yes let's get you some help...

Don't flippin walk away and then later taunt an associate wearing a vest. Then later contacting someone claiming to had been denied help, you left without being helped and you were mistreated by someone with a flippin attitude. Then BAM folks, you shoppers who are like this, please pull your heads out and think for once, think about who you are screwing over because you want a discount... I am so sick of customers thinking they are always right, as those who act like monsters and abuse those who wear those vests...

Majority work their butts off to make a stinking living and endure more abuse than you can think of.

They have enought to deal with. Man this is such an irritating rant, sorry.

@Fedup

Sorry this happened to someone very close to me and it ruined their lives as his carrier was ended. So people, stop with your stinking whinning and find a flippin associate wearing a flippin vest.

IF you are not "getting help" or "being ignored"... I so agree with the other comments.

LadyScot

Don't be a coward. If you want to know who it is, then grow a pair and walk up and ask him who he is.

What difference does it make who the man was, and why did you have to use discriminatory remarks to describe him? What in heaven's name could you possibly need from Lowe's that you would have to shop there three to four times a week?

Next time you need help find somebody other than the manager to ask. I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that the person with the manager could have one of his supervisors that was visiting and taking a tour of the store, and the manager was pointing out different things to him.

That being said, I don't think things have happened exactly the way you stated. Maybe there is something in your attitude.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Manager
Loss

Lowes in Mount Juliet, Tennessee - Isn’t allowing me to return the containers for a full refund

I purchased some asphalt sealer last year from Lowe's. The sealer started to peel and flake within days. Within one month I asked a store clerk on have to get a customer satisfaction refund. He did a claim for Black Jack sealer with Black Jack refusing the claim. The container states on the side money back for customer satisfaction, Lowe's isn’t allowing me to return the containers for a full refund. Lowe's Customer satisfaction is. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the merchandise to any Lowe's store in the U.S. within 90* days. We, in our discretion, will repair it, replace it, or, based on your method of payment with a valid receipt, refund your money.

What's the point? You say you purchased a year ago and are now trying to return it yet you stated you had 90 days from time of purchase.

Or after one year, you are finally upset enough to get on this site and complain???

Your complaint is not valid.

LadyScot

If it peeled after a few days, why wait a month? Money back for customer satisfaction is from the manufacturer, NOT Lowes.

The manufacturer refused the refund.

WHY? You are out of luck.

LTCC

Was this with in the 90 days? If not....your outta luck.

Did you read the directions on the sealer and apply properlly? It is quite possible you either applied incorrectly or that the area to be sealed contained moisture......

• Asphalt sealer

Lowes in Bonney Lake, Washington - (5) Lowe employees Humiliated Disabled Commander with Brain Injury

I asked to see what they had in 5.5" drawer handles after 1 girl with a brown jacket tossed me to a black kid who was even less knowledgeable then a girl with a bad attitude took it to the store manager Greg Norman 3511 5th St SE Puyallup 98374 253-604-5080 said they didn't have any 5.5" drawer handles so i left called lowes again and they wanted me to go back inside and this time five of them ganged up on me and gave me dirty looks and laughed while playing grab *** with their monkey business. They humiliated me as I tried to explain my disability with the girl on the phone. It was clear DISCRIMINATION of the worst 00kind all captured on LOWES FILM at around 12:00PM 10/18/2013. I asked are you sure you want me to go back inside, do they have the product she said they did and then they did not have it and they HUMILIATED me a disabled wounded department of defense warrior from 2007 Pakistani ISI fights. I have also had concussions from Naval Contracts in WAR THEATER operation High Jump for the United States Navy, ROTHR Relocatable Over the Horizon Radar operations in WAR theater world wide and suffered multiple CONCUSSION from IED and I am Aviation Ordinace Explosive ordinance Demolition Commander West Coast Cyber Infrastructure JBLM DoD Classified! To have LOWES employees humiliate a man just looking for 5.5" drawer handle, I just cant understand it. If LOWES wishes to rectify, please get a hold of me.

This guy runs this site: http://nwufochasers.com/

No joke, I tracked it down.

After his experience at Lowe's, they must have suggested he try our VERY small time internet store because we have a decent selection of non standard drawer pulls.

He ordered something that was 5 1/8". When we asked him, very politely, if this was in error (we knew he was looking for 5 1/2") he went berserk. At the time we also offered him a military discount of 10%. He cursed us out in several e-mails and basically told us that we were in league with Lowe's to screw DISABLED VETERANS (he can't shut up about that).

I tried to explain to him multiple times that we were a very small operation and had nothing to do with Lowe's. He wouldn't have it.

He weaved such a web of deceit and conspiracy (about us and Lowe's) that I can't even attempt to explain what was going through his head. His e-mails were about 40 lines, one sentence.

Bottom line. This guy is troubled. Review not valid.

MikeBrady

I didn't understand fully why you had a problem.. Then you mentioed all of the concussions and it all made sense.

You are obviously the person who is discriminating here. You obviously don't like the idea of a woman helping you and a person of color even less.

I work in retail and have encountered your type far too often. You don't think anyone other than a white male over 40 can be of any help to you and aren't afraid to let it be known. I feel sorry for you.

By the way I am a white and end up being the guy who has to listen you complain that the other people you have talk to in the store didn't know what you needed. More often than not they did and you didn't give them a chance to help.

Hey "tell it like it isn't", making fun of *** customers isn't discrimination, either. It is just rude.

No where in the complaint did you say anything about how they humiliated you...okay so u went back in the store...and who cares the race of the person you talked to. I do not care if they were bkack white, hispanic, male or female. There are no specifics in this complaint about what was said....so u were humiliated by going back in the store....get over it

LTCC

Really....I did not read anywhere in the original compliant where this was addressed to management ( all he asked was did they have the knobs)...the alleged harassment came from just a bunch of punks at the store.......again....address the issue with management! Stop dragging in the hooaha hooah ***...nobody cares. and what does your disability have to do with this....sympathy none from me.....and I could care less about the issue...especially if the individual is to weak willed to address it.....which is my point

LTCC, you sarcasm adds nothing to the conversation. I can do nothing, for I do live anywhere near him.

In the complaint, management laughed at him. I am not a whiner. I do care about people, unlike you. I only chimed in because this person was being berated by the "likes of today's society".

Why don't you do something? This is the end of this conversation.

And yes, I am disabled also. That last word is yours.

LTCC

Tell it like it is.....let me put it to you this way......if this really did happen...and lets say it did -for your whiney bleeding heart sake.....why whine on this forum? seriously this accomplishes nothing.

So ...if this did in fact happen...why is this not being taken to the company management? I get it....you are a bleeding heart.....can you help this person out....this forum solves nothing....do you see where I am coming from.....stop the BS complaining and do something

LTCC, pretty specific info for tripe. No sap here.

Could it have happened? Given this day age, yes, and at any store in this country.

LTCC

What I comprehend ...tell it like it is.....is that you are a sap and fall for tripe....

The guy has a brain injury. Obviously some people (punkin and Lou) can not comprehend that.

He described the people he dealt with accurately, a black kid and women. Accurately describing somebody is not discrimination Bozo!

You might stand a fighting chance if you could form a coherent thought and then pass that along in a coherent way......All your Hooah Navy training dont mean a hill of shat out here in the world....but thanks for serving

You seem to be the one that discriminates against "black kids" and women.

View more comments (12)
Lowes Manager
Loss

Lowes in Quakertown, Pennsylvania - I purchased a Black and Decker and I can't get a new part

I purchased Black and Decker *** Trimmer Two Years ago you still sell the same one the two line kind and the cap on the end broke. I went to the store in Quakertown Pa to buy a cap the salesman told me you don't sell them go on line and you can buy one. So I did and I ordered on September 15th and I still don't have the part I have called many times in the day time evenings and never talk to anyone only a message I have left many messages to call me back no call. I ave gone to other Lowe's Home Depot and Sears they like you only sell the *** trimmer no parts. Tonight I went to the Store in Quakertown and talked to the sales person and she told me that the paper I showed her that I ordered from is not Lowe's its on your web site it's called 1-800 tool repair so she called and guess what she got a machine and let another message and told me check Friday maybe they will call me I have being waiting since Sept 15th for a call the part is only $ 4.00 shipping was $ 5.32 I know its a little amount but That's not how a customer should be treated, I have being waiting so long I had to buy another *** Trimmer I feel I should get something not just wait for a call back or maybe I should take my sales somewhere else. Thank You Neil McCurdy Phone # 610-346-7946

It's totally unrealistic to expect a major retail chain to stock every repair part for the items they sell. I work for a competitor of Lowes and unfortunately a lot of consumers think this way. "They think well I bought it here so they must carry everything that could possibly go with it. It does not work this way! ALLOW ME TO EDUCATE YOU!

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T CARRY SO AND SO YOU SELL THE UNIT YOU SHOULD HAVE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO FIX IT." Think about this logic for one moment! My store carries over 1,000,000 different things, in my department alone we have over 100,000 different items we sell, now imagine if we had to stock every single repair part for those units... They would mostly take up space and not sell. Retail stores are trying to make money not lose it. Lowes - Home Depot - Menards the top 3 chains for home improvement none of them are repair shops/centers. You want a replacement part you need to go to a repair shop or contact the manufacture.

This is also should not be direct at Lowes, it should be direct at Black and Decker or the website you purchased from. You should have just contacted the manufacture not some random website online. If you were a smart consumer(which you made obviously clear that you are not) you would still have your owners manual and the 1-800 number to call Black and Decker and get the part you need.

How can you expect any retail store to stock all the parts for everything they sell? There just isn't room in the store to do it and there isn't near the demand for parts as there is for the whole product.

That's why there are shops and web sites that carry parts only.

Sometimes they run out of stock and have to wait for it to come from the manufacturer. If it's a part with little demand they aren't going to have a huge supply on hand either.

View more comments (1)