Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - You over worked and assisted with the death of my husband

strick2013 1 minute ago from Milford, Ohio.. Not only they below happen....they would move my husband to a comminssion position to cover that area....he sold more flooring and refrigs.....but he had to give up his commission to the young boys who were called "specalist". He sold cabinets - did cabinet CAD drawings for years....cover that area and all the commision went to the person that was a "specialist " in that department. They would work him to death...actually he did die after being worked to death while the young boys and girls would hide and be on their cell phones and two girls sleeping in the hay tractertrailer while on duty....I could go on an on. thank you what do I do against a company like Lowes? Replystrick 8 minutes ago from Prattville, Alabama.. My husband had been employed by Lowes part time then full time. They worked him 8 days straight- different shifts - no continuity. Then they would give him one day off. He was a cancer survivor and they knew this. Back in may I was at the store when he signed up for Lowes Benefits. Life Insurance, Short Term, Long Term insurance. His department director and specilaist helped him do the computer part, while I stood there watching. On Novemeber 26, my husband answered the managed call for a "bugging run", of course, the young boys - the specialist were hiding, my husband worked so hard, carrying heavy drillwall, flooring, clean up messes in the back, etc. He had no help from the young boys. Acutally a young boy dropped a roll of carpet on my husband a few days before my husband went on his last buggy run. He dropped dead, dont know why, cause lowes wont realize tape, did he get dizzzy because of not breaks, did he trip over the multiple carts, who knows. He died right inthe parking lot and the day of his accident HR and Lead Management came to hospital telling me not to use the BCBS through them, it would be "worker's compensation". He died 3 days later with 4 clots to his brain and his heart gave out. I got the workers comp cards in mail. I tired to get onto his Myloweslife and called HR at store to find out why it was deleted. I couldnt see paystubs, benefits nothing. My son took me to Lowes after the funeral home to check on his life insurance. HR manager (who... Show more Reply

What happened?

Lowes also works my husband to skin and bones. Especially during the spring and fall months. It is awful. Plus all year long the schedules are awful. EVERY week my husband (who is full time) has a different schedule, different days and different times. He gets one weekend a month off. It is the same for all the full time workers.

I can never tell our families if we will both be there at functions and we can rarely go to church together on Sunday mornings.

Is there really a reason for a person's schedule to be 7am - 4 one day, 11am-7:45 the next day, then 9-6:30 for 2 days, on the days my husband has off they always make his schedule 1pm -10 ? why? We can't even go anywhere the night before his day off.

This horrible schedule ensures that you can never go to school. If you try to improve your hours they just get rid of you.

My husband never takes a sick day. He gets great reviews and very low pay. I wish years and years ago he'd gotten out of retail.

No retirement, none, very poor medical insurance, you have to pay most of your salary and still have a high deductible. Very few holidays like what? 4?

It is just all around awful. When I hear state workers complain about their 5% increases (not to mention cost of living increases) It makes me sick knowing they make extremely high salaries and benefits for sitting on their butts and visiting. While retail people work their butts off for nothing. I mean 20 cents a year raise is "good" in retail.

So if you are in retail and young enough...... GET OUT NOW!!!

that person is not a good person by saying those nasty things about my husband dying. He worked hard to and refused to stand in the uneployment line and walk to the mailbox for his welfare check.

He was 61 and till providing for his family. Put two kids through college with CASH not welfare benefits. Our son is military helicopter pilot with two tours of duty in Iraq and getting ready to go again. Our daughter is the executive dircetor of MDA.

He wanted to work, we were raised that way. For you to by nasty is not a surprise to me. You sound like you are one of those young punks that feel entitled the government welfare benefits. I will pray for you.

You need it you entitled punk that knows nothing about hard work that kills you. You were probably one of the young punks at Lowes hiding and on cell phone at Lowes when my husband was doing all the work.

Punk God Bless You May you grow up. :cry

Mmm456
@strick

Can I ask did anything happen from this??

Wow the comment by the person named: nikalseyn was rude! Whoever it is sounds like a real b itch.

Lowes *** sucks. Everytime i go there they stop selling 'Man' tools and sell want to get into selling candles and sissy ***.

Try buying Lye, you can't because they're in bed with DHS to make sure I don't make a bomb. Gimme a break!

Yes, he once worked in the paint department and covered the entire bldg when the young people would hide, be on cell phones or called in sick. They know they can get away with it when it is an older person that is working to pay the electric and to have health and life insurance.

He had signed up for life and they didnt take it out of his paycheck is what they are saying. It was their fault of so. I was there when he signed up for it. His zone manager helped him.

No one will tell me how he got the clots in his head. I thought Lowes had a life insurance policy on all their employees for 10000. I didnt even get that to help out with the funeral and now only one income. It is so hard in all ways.

I want my husband back and they could care less. Horrible.

Nikalseyn, 60 year old people do not go out and "just pick up another job". The real world is this: once a man hits 50 years of age (even low as 45), he is no longer employable.

If he is a cancer survivor, he become a health insurance liability to a possible employer. I know a middle age woman who was undergoing chemo during the day, and then work at night stocking at Lowes. They worked like a dog in the Paint department. They offered her no help while the very healthy younger "kids" played around when their job was done.

They did not even offer to help. The boss turned a blind eye to the situation.

The woman eventually quit. This is the LOWES WAY!

strick2013
@Been there

Amen and bless you friend. They did the same thing to my husband.

But he signed up for benefits and they did not take out of his paycheck and closed his account the day he died so I could see what was going on. I got the medical records. They told me he was by his self and had a massive heart attack. Medical records say he started to have seizure and an employee was with him and ran into the store to page medical personal.

They left him have a sezure and he stoped breathing. They lied again. He hit his head that is where the clots came in. They lied to me I thought he died of massive attack and he actually started to have seizures which he had never in his life had.

He probably had worked so hard went out on buggy run to catch his breath and the heat caused him to start seizures....leaving him let him block his airway.....they lied again. :cry

nikalseyn

Bottom line is that your husband could have quit working at Lowe's or anywhere else if he wanted to. He apparently did not.

As for his death, if it can be attributed to work, then worker's comp. will come into play. In your case, I would advise a free consultation with an attorney familiar with worker's comp cases, etc.

Lowe's is what it is and it sounds like there is a lack of management if people are not doing their jobs. Someone is not managing the workforce properly.

@nikalseyn

My husband waws trying to get me finished through college . we had no other income.

He was 60. Not 20......He was lied off from his CAD avaiation job because of cancer a year before. So pls dont say he could of gotten another job sir. He couldnt.

He was a stand up man that worked his butt off for over 45 years and bebfore that picked cotton.

@nikalseyn

@ nikalseyn You don't even know the circumstances of the issue at hand. Unless you actually know you should feel free to shut the f uck up you *** b itch!

NEWSFLASH... BOTTOM LINE IS YOU ARE A CLUELESS C UNT!

View more comments (11)

Lowes in Butler, Pennsylvania - The only one that knew anything was fired

There is always one person you go to that goes above and beyond , that you look for in a store, that doesn't lie to you or or runs and hides. West Main Lowes in Kalamazoo mi. Made a big mistake fireing one of these people for some petty infraction, I heard. The general manager, can rarely be found for complaints though. To busy brown missing with higher ups. To bad.Lowes you lost one of the only workers you had. I hope she goes to a competitor of Lowes. I think people would drive accross to get her expertise. Lowes manager makes a big mistake...loser! So higher 10 dumb people Lowes...

You sure seem to know a lot for a customer not the person terminated

Lowes in California, Maryland - 3 day delivery is a lie

I ordered product for my contracting business from Lowes via online the website gave me a delivery date. I checked the website the day after that date and it said it was ready for pickup. I went to the store it was not there. I was sent and email later that day and was told it would be a few more days. Then on that day I get a call from the store saying it would be 5 more days. I was told someone from management would call it never happened. They lied to me several times and I guess they are going to string me along until the order comes in and they hope I go away. I will go away to Home Depot.
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes in Tacoma, Washington - HATE Valspar Paint

We just purchased 10 gallons of the most expensive paint Valspar makes ~ and every gallon was horrible. It drips, runs and definitely is NOT a one coat paint. It's the worst paint I have ever used! Never again! I've had to go over it repeatedly, and it was over the lightest shade imaginable. The color we chose to paint was light grey. This should have been a no brainer, and it turned into a nightmare. Many, many drips and splatters. For the cost, it's VERY thin paint. If you have a big painting project, chose another brand. This stuff is horrible.

I will NEVER shop at LOWES again!!! Just purchased a riding Lawn mower just 30 days ago.

It was sold with a bad tired, I just found out. I've learned today that Lowes do not and will not honor the products they sell.

They told me to bring it back or we can charge you to come pick it up (less than one mile away) or I could call a company to come out and fix it.

I thought Home Depot was bad.....Lowes makes them look like the king of retail in home improvement. :(

Lowes in Clovis, California - Poor Customer Service

I walked in with a list and pictures of what I was looking for. The first employee I asked said he didn't know where a floor joist brace was (the first item on my list) and say it "may" be in lumber, which was at the opposite end of the store. I asked someone in lumber, they said "Yes we have that, it's on the back wall." Then they walked away. The back wall is enormous and I spent about fifteen minutes pouring over it looking for a floor joist brace. I came across the same employee and asked again, this time showing him a picture of what a floor joist brace looks like. He then told me it would be back at the other end of the store where I started. Of course he didn't bother to show me, he walked away almost as soon as telling me to go to the other end of the store in flooring. After searching flooring for a few minutes I asked someone who worked in flooring, he looked at the picture of a floor joist brace, and told me to walk back to the end of the store and check lumber. At this point I left my cart right where it was and walked out. I am totally serious here, I could not locate, nor could any employee help me locate the first item on my list. To the manager of Lowes in Clovis, CA: Please instruct your employee's that when a customer is asking where to locate an item they should either personally take the customer to that item and help them pick it out, or stay with them until they have found another employee who can better assist them.

next you will want someone to wipe your *** for you. :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

You think lowes is bad, wait until you experience the nightmare at menards.

Happens at my store all the time, but this is partially your fault. I bet you came off as rude and condescending and these employees just wanted to get away from you ASAP. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW FLOOR JOIST IS YOU WORK HERE!" I bet that's how it all started, then as you became more and more angry you were more rude when you approached each employee and they all thought the same thing SEND THIS GUY AWAY FROM ME ASAP he will be difficult to deal with.

These employees were not exactly amazing, however, your approach helps as well. This is what most customers will never understand. They think they can come up to us and be total j@ck@ass3s and we will do whatever they want for them. IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. You approach us respectfully and you will get better service. You approach us with a clear entitlement complex and you will get pushed a side quickly.

At my store it's the rule you have to walk people to the item. I almost always do so UNLESS they are rude and condescending. I will just say IT'S OVER THERE. I've walked people directly to items before and they still trying to get the one up on me. It's not worth my time or effort to deal with that. I'm sure these people feel the same.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Thousand Oaks, California - Employee did not want to do job

2 times in the past month at lowes in franklin ky, we have been treated like our business did not matter. About 3 weeks ago we wanted to build our kids a swingset, Went to local lowes bought lumber, swings, chains went to get slide and a frame brackets, they were out. Found employee ask about pieces we needed to build swingset they said well were out we might need to order 2 so we can keep one on shelf. Went back 4 times in 2 weeks no slide, no brackets, we were told slide and brackets would be there in less than a week, After 2 weeks of sitting on lumber I had to buy brackest off Ebay and get slide at bowlinggreen home depot, 25 miles away. Today 8/17/13 just got back from our unfriendly lowes. I went to buy 2 1 inch bolts, 2 lock washers and 2 nuts. I also bought some weedeater string, got to register rung up string went to ring up bolts employee asked what size I told her and she acted Like I was lying. She spent about 15 seconds looking for numbers and asked me if I would go get her an item number. what the ***, I don't werk there, I told her just to forget it bought line anyway went to TSC bought bolts came home and finished project. It seems like if you cant help them do their job you don't matter, Should not be that way the customer pays their salary, I guess they forgot that.

that always happened when i was working a register. my store had a basket full of little baggies right in the aisle for nuts and bolts that you could write on with the provided markers. there was a sign: "please use baggies and mark with item numbers andor sizes!".

cut to angry customers cussing me out the entire time as i look up and match 8 different flavors and sizes of nuts and bolts in my magical blue binder because they couldn't be bothered to write the numbers down themselves.

just because someone works a register, it doesn't mean they're the masters of boltitem number clairvoyance.

Are you serious?

"what the ***, I don't werk there." "Should not be that way the customer pays their salary, I guess they forgot that."

Look at those two statements you made ^^. I won't address the first one. The second one you could not be more wrong about. Lowe's pays their salary not 1 customer.

@Heartless

Lowes makes money from its customers so the customers do pay the associates at Lowes.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Missouri Valley, Iowa - Customer service sucks.

Can anyone tell me why the customer service at the Washington, MO Lowes is handled by only 3 or 4 people while there are about a dozen floating around the store. I am appalled by the way everyone actually runs away when you make eye contact or attempt to ask a question. After I have spent at least one day a week in this store for the last two years I have decided I would rather drive 40 miles to Menards than drive 6 miles to Lowes. Thank you to the three employees I typically deal with, I am very happy with the service they provide when they are actually there.

lowes of Madison/Mayodan and Reidsville NC s...u...c..k...s..! there will be Lowes vested minion's running around everywhere and they totally ignore the customer.

If you ask a ? they look at you as if you have 3 eyes and just exited a spacecraft.If you insist,they will point out where you might find what u r looking 4 but offer no other help.What are they paying these jacklegs 4?.Hopefully, Lowes will go the way of k mart and others that have forgotten the ONLY reason for their existence.....THE CUSTOMER!!!!

Lowes in Ballston Lake, New York - Poor Service and Followup

Placed order online waited for contact to deliver product - had to call them two days later. Reordered product and additional items and was told they would contact me within 24 hours to coordinate delivery. 48 Hours later I contacted them. Cancelled the order - have to have the product to install it. They were sorry and said they would refund - contact me within 4 hours to notify me. the next day they called and assured everything refunded. Checked my credit card statement and they had not refunded total amount. They appear to be either extremely incompetent, or engaged in corporate credit kiting scheme. My credit in their pockets for two weeks while the product remains in their hands throughout.

Lowes in Drums, Pennsylvania - Sony gift cars

I orderd a gift card in July, 2013. It never arrived, although I had received these same cards in the past. I called twice, was told there was a disclaimer: if the card did not arrive at my mailbox, they have no responsibility to replace it, even though I was told by the first responder that the card had not been activated. The second responser said the card would be devalued August 16, 2013, but I still would not get my card, due to their disclaimer. I also paid 11.63 to have my order come to 6500 points. I believe there are numerous complaints like mine, and wonder if a class action lawsuit might encourage Sony to honor their cards.

Who orders gift cards, so weird. And you put the complaint on Lowes' page, yet at the end you blame Sony?? Which is it??

• sony gift card

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - POOR POOR service and installed sales

After dealing with you for months now over multiple issues regarding a remodel project of a small beach condo I have never experienced such sad and sorry customer service. We waited 15 days for flooring to be installed from June 15th - July 1st thinking we would be able to occupy the unit after the flooring was in. Having the installer come on July 1st and refuse to install the floor. We then had to go back a different flooring product and install it ourselves having to wait until July 4th before we could occupy the condo. So roughly 17days numerous hotel charges paid out of pocket because this is a 2nd home away from our main house and we were having to pay to stay in hotels waiting on the project to be done. Had we know on June 15th you would not install the floor we would have then done the project ourselves (as we ended up doing) saving ourselves much out of pocket expense and stress. After buying a complete kitchen with Lowe's Shenandoah Cabinets $9,244.54, Luna Eco By Cosentino Countertops $3,588.88, Bruce Hardwood Flooring $1,409.68, Stain Master Carpet $2,486.69, Whirlpool Dishwasher, microwave and Freg @ $1,747.17, Whirlpool washer and dryer $1,438.44, bathroom shower door @ $329, bathroom shower pan at $550, numerous boxes of bathroom and kitchen tile at more than a $1,000 and numerous trip to the Lowe's store to buy small items to get all this construction done and you offer me a $300 gift card for the stress and time the store at Hwy 17 bypass in Myrtle Beach has caused my family this summer. Waiting days for no floor, weeks with no microwave, watching the delivery men drop a washing machine off the truck into the yard and they still want to bring it in the house with dents and scratches and you think $300 is a fair compensation. Multiple phone calls to Deb Boyles and Lynn Barlow at the Lowe's Home Install Sales office in Mooresville, waiting days and weeks for them to return a phone call which they never do you have to call them and demand a conservation and now dealing with the Regional Production Manager Matt Buchanan who offers me a $300 gift card which I refuse. If nothing else I hope my rants cause Lowe's to suffer $300 in lost sales from any of my family or friends who may be considering a trip to Lowe's or either a new home project. I for one will not shop with Lowe's again unit I am compensated $1,160.92 the cost of the wood floor which we laid. Does this sound like a lot of money after the dollars I have spent at your store in the past months not to mention all the projects we have done with Lowe's at our real house. For the pain and stress it has caused my family this summer, the time and effort I have spent chasing people down (all Lowe's) to get the jobs done and the out of pocket expense for hotels waiting on work to be done that was never done. Before you start a home project with Lowe's please read this and think is this the kind of customer service I want or the type of stress you need in your life. Ask me would I do it again? No, not at Lowe's.

IIt,s foolish to buy an installed project hrough a retail store. Hire your own contractor so you have control over he project.

When you go through a retail store they hire sub contractors who fit you into their schedules. You have an extra layer of people to work through and they are charging you to get involved. Save the money and deal with the contractors yourself.

Next time you grt into a project like this read the reviews first. You have no one to blame but yourself.

• installed sales