Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes Refuses To Honor Extended Warranty!

I bought an extended 5 year warranty for our front loading washer only to have them tell me they are refusing to honor it due to where they put the serial number sticker. They put it on the inside of the washer where it was wet and rubbed by the door over and over and because they can't read the numbers, they refuse to fix it! Our of several stickers on this machine, this is the only sticker that is so worn you cannot read it! We have only had the washer for coming up on 3 years. I will never buy from Lowes again due to their unethical business practices!

Lowes did not put the serial number sticker there, the manufacturer did. Also, extended warranties are a waste of money.

These extended warranties are not backed by Lowes, but an outside company. If you want to blame anyone, blame the manufacturer and yourself.

• lowes extended warranty

Lowes in Maple Shade Township, New Jersey - Fencing

A sales person came out no literature . We were looking for pool code fence in backyard. We referenced one from The store and when the sales man came out we also were interested in getting our front yard done .the fence we referenced for the back they charged us 15.00 more Panel because they don't install what they stock at store ???? Wtf found out after the fact. So the front yard the my wife referenced one she seen in the neighborhood yet again no literature . Sales man canceled contract signing so wife went out and he came when mother in law was here and let her sign contract b/c she finAnced it for us ??? My wife questions it when we got a receipt I'm mail " what did we order for for front yard. They said look it up by the sku# ... She could not they said o sometimes you can't , so sales man Called did not come here and said you know dog ear Floridian our most popular one a standard Pickett fence . My wife trust him and thought it was one they looked at in the neiborhood" never trust a professional sales man from lowes" once again never showed her a picture . It looked like a privacy fence that was a foot off the ground . Wheeled and dealed with us like a used car lot but wanted us to pay 750 for not admitting blame for the the sales man mistake all said and done it came down to them charging us 250 for a new install which I feel we should not pay any thing but the store manager said I have to pay something because I did not admit to any blame for not stoping the installation . It was to late to stop anything. Instead of lowes paying the 250 to fix problem they agreed to take fence out and refund out money . What *** resolve for there customer service coming from a store manager over 250 dollars

Do you know how to write a proper argument? Your post totally lacks detail and cohesion.

Lowes did not force you to buy anything and they did not create this problem. The problem is your comprehension.

And like you stated above your lack of effort to stop someone from installing something you did not want to begin with in the first place. Oh sure that's not the fencing I really wanted but go a head and install it anyways..............

@Heartless

Heartless is an appropriate name for you.

@Heartless

Heartless is very smart. He is just trying to educate the ignorant that is running rampant on these forums. Way to go Heartless, yet another sound review of the real problem!

View more comments (2)
  • Loews customer service

Lowes in Durant, Oklahoma - Washer broken waiting for service

My mother purchased washer on the 4/29/2013.Middle of July stopped working called for appointment.Appointment set for 8/7/2013.Service repair person arrived 4pm and left 6pm after taking nap leaned up against wall where washer was located.Came back in house after being out in his truck I guess he was smoking because he smelled of cigarette smoke.He said he has to order part and would get back in touch.As of Monday no response called Lowes Spoke with Asst.store manager which was a waste of time.We have been unable to wash clothes for a month.They said if I had bought an extended warrant they would have give us a loner.I asked why stores don't stand behind products anymore that is the industry standard after 30 days they will have it repaired I told him that I should get a working one they could wait for the repair person.I have bought a lot from Lowes but I will drive 45 miles now to buy from Home depot.
Loss

Lowes quietly cancelled garage door order

I placed an order online for two garage doors 6/22/13; the estimated delivery to the store was 7/12. Lowes sent me email confirmations and a survey request after this date, but never notified me that the doors were ready for pickup, so I called 8/11 to find out if they were ready. The customer service rep told me that his system showed that the order had been cancelled by someone at Lowes on 7/1, but there was no indication of who had cancelled it. Nobody ever notified me that the order was being cancelled. I have not checked yet to see if they charged my credit card.
Loss

Lowes credit card fraudulently created an account in my name.

After my husband filed for a personal bankruptcy in 2009, GE Capital Retail Bank / LOWES (formerly GE Money Bank FSB / Lowes), added my name to his credit account so they could try to collect his debt from me. I never agreed to be on his account, nor did I ever use his account, and I have never opened any account with Lowes. GE Money Bank FSB / Lowes reported the delinquent payments on my husbands account to the credit reporting agencies in my name. When I previously disputed, they sent me an apology letter and assured me that a request was sent to the major credit reporting agencies to remove the report from my file. Then they fabricated a new account number so it wouldn't match the one on the letter they sent me, and reported the same amount with the different number to all the credit reporting agencies. I have been fighting this for over 3 years and still no resolution. BEWARE OF LOWES CREDIT!!!!

p.s. PAY YOUR BILLS!

Just like I'm sure you didn't use any of the stuff your husband purchased with his Lowes card? Perhaps he used those items somewhere else where you don't reside?

Maybe he remodeled a bathroom or something, but I'm sure you don't use it. Wow, why didn't I think of that before??

Get husband to charge everything to his name, he files bankruptcy, you both get stuff, walk away from bill, perhaps do it again under your name, wait 7 years, do it all over!? Brilliant!

Yea, your prob isnt with Lowes... its with GE.

However, you should have to pay the debt. Thats the problem with our economy right now.

You shouldnt be allowed to default and just walk away. You should get yours!

#702015

Your are so full of ***.

This has nothing to do with Lowes. It has to do with the bank who OWNES AND OPERATES the credit line.

Lowes has already been paid it's the bank who collects all interest and money from YOU. The only reason major retail chains offer a credit card is to insure you purchase from them because you can't use them anywhere else. Lowes does not gain anything from interest or your late payments, this is all going to the BANK who OWNS AND OPERATES THE CREDIT CARD.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT WHEN YOU USE THE CHARGE CARD the bank pays LOWES.... THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY THE BANK YOU FOOL.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Old Town, Maine - No customer service

I purchased an electro luxe dishwasher from lowes 2 years ago along w an extended warranty. My dishwasher broke and lowes arranged for service from A&E .A&E never showed up for their appointment . Lowes rescheduled for a day that I said I could not be home. I rescheduled and once again I waited for a repair appointment. The repair person arrived late and then would not look at the dishwasher because it was under extended warranty and he was told it was cash repair. I called lowes they only said they would reschedule for the next available appointment which was in 5 days. Unbelievable. I said that was not satisfactory. I had already taken 2 half days off from work. I was told that is all they could do. I called my own service person who showed up on time the next day. I will not buy another appliance from lowes. They do not stand behind their extended warranty .

Same thing happened to me! Dishwasher broke and have been stood up, repair parts never come, complained to Lowes and they do not care.

The extended warranty is called Lowes Advantage.

Only advantage is to to Lowe's pocketbook. Do not purchase any extended warranty from Lowes.

• Lowes terrible customer service

Lowes in Statesboro, Georgia - Horrific experience with cabinetry department

First let me say that the designer I worked with (Jack) for my kitchen renovation was exceptional: patient, knowledgeable, and detail oriented. The problem was the installation manager (Nigel) who refused to do the installation because (1) my 6-yr old pre-existing cabinets (Kraftmaid) "might" not be the same color as the new cabinets and I "might" not be satisfied, and (2) his installers "might" destroy something taking it down or putting it up and "who would pay for it?" First, we added cabinets 3 years ago and there was no problem with the colors, why would there be one now? And if I accept that risk, where does Nigel get off telling me what I "might" not be happy with it so he won't do it? If you're that concerned that we're that picky, check our order from 3 years ago; you'll see we had nothing but praise. And, second, if his people destroy something, who do you THINK would pay for it? Are you really going to turn down $20,000 worth of business because your installers might break a $300 piece? Hire better people if you have that kind of concern. I'm sure Lowes has had problems with other customers to be so eager to turn down business, but treating all customers as if they were brainless is going to kill its client base. It's certainly soured our relationship with them.

I'd be hesitant to take on your job as well. It's amazing how people will swear up and down that the match is perfect until the product comes in and gets installed.

Then it's nothing but a bunch of complaining and wanting discounts or even full credit because they didn't match the originals. In the future do the whole job at one time. If you decide to add on later, replace the whole thing, not just a part.

It's a fact of nature that the colors in wood will shift over time. Even if you bought cabinets from the same manufacturer in the same color the new cabinets will not look the same as the 6 year old cabinets.

@Woodworker

I'd be hesitant to have you take the job, too, if you haven't figured out that the whole issue is resolved with a simple waiver. Lowes doesn't even offer one.

Home Depot, on the other hand, when through the entire caveat emptor problem with stains+time (again) and then got my signature that THAT would not be a problem they could fix. Problem solved: cabinets are on the way. Oh, and here's another feather in the cap of Home Depot, the price (for exactly the same cabinets) was considerably less than at Lowes.

I completely agree with you on one point, though, that the adage "the customer is always right" has been outrageously abused.

We have turned into a society that expects something grandiose for virtually nothing, and merchants and service people alike are paying for it. Something to keep in mind, though, is that the backlash falls on the rest of us consumers, too.

View more comments (1)
  • Lowes cabinet installation

Lowes - GE STOVE POOR QUALITY

Lowes - GE STOVE POOR QUALITY
I purchased my GE glass-top stove in June of 2012 but didn't start using it as I was still renovating my home. Once I started cooking I noticed the seal around the top of the stovetop was coming off. I've barely used this stove and am already experiencing problems. I've also had to order knobs as they are plastic and break easily. I should have purchased an electric stove and not this fancy poor quality one. This is so disappointing...what has happened to QUALITY PRODUCTS? No more GE products for me. Item #: 260651 | Model #: JB645STSSGE 30-in Freestanding Smooth Surface 5-Element 5.3 cu ft Self-Cleaning Electric Range (Stainless)

So why didn't you list this as a GE complaint, not under Lowes. Lowes didn't create the problem.

Lowes in Azusa, California - Waiting all day

I took a half day from my job after scheduling a appliance delivery at 8:00 A M and now it is 2:11 PM. Waiting all day and had to take a whole day cost me time and money. Why schedule if they just go by their own schedule and not ours? I have now to take a vacation day. What does a poor man/women do when they live from pay check to pay check and a day is taken out? Wow? Never will I buy from Lowe's again. "Let's not build together" as stated in their ads. If this was my job - I would be fired.

Keep in mind. Your getting a free delivery and a free hook up.

And, they have delivery stops that can take a while due to having to tear down fridges to get them inside, then put them back together. Yes, allot of people want a time, but giving times are the worst thing to do because you never know what kind of problems they are going to run into at another customers house. You know the day your getting the delivery and hook up and it's free. Then be grateful for that.

These drivers have a job to do too.....

They didn't get a FREE delivery to you on your time??? Those jerks!!!

Get a life and get a truck, quit complaining about a FREE service!! You should be ashamed!

Doesn't matter where you shop, deliveries are a problem. Never expect a delivery to show up at an exact time. If you can't be flexible, rent a truck and take the product home yourself.

View more comments (2)

Morganville Lowes Customer Service strikes out 2nd time

Morganville Lowes Customer Service strikes out 2nd time
First off, I was unhappy to find out my 6 foot Vinyl Fence panels were no longer stocked product. Also I had to find my old pamphlet at home and bring into Loews so they would acknowlegde that they sold it. Second, I ordered 3 panels within the department via a floor rep and had to go to checkout and wait on line to pay. I paid in advance to wait 2 weeks for them to do a stock transfer to Morganville NJ. Third, I arrived to pickup. They make you go to the Customer Service Dept. with receipt in hand. Jackie was having a *** day and provided me with an extension of her un professional attitude from previous customer contacts. Forth, she sent an associate to get the 3 panels. He calls the Dept. a few minutes later and is quickly off the phone. Jackie in turn advised me that I would have to sign the pikup ticket and then I can go acrosss the buiding to the lumber dept and they will help me load it. I advised her that I'm going over there and not signing anything until I see the product I paid 265.00 dollars for. She immediately replied "If I don't accept the product I must sign the pickup ticket anyway so she can do a return". Well there was a reason she had that speech ready, the product was damaged. I returned to Jackie and suggested to discount the product for damage to the stock. She walked away without asking how much and spoke to a supervisor. She retuerned right away saying no they can only do a refund on the order since it was " a special order item" ha! No authority to make the sale. So, I wrote on the ticket damaged in stock tranfer and initialed it before she rang up my credit card refund. The Fifth error on their part, I asked her to re-order it and she said she can't. I can ONLY re-order it by going back to the department where the fences are and have one of the floor reps order it! NO authority again! Well, I didn't order it. I'm spending my money on a new fence at another store. Now I lost 2 weeks, I can't install it during my time off work and now I need more time to find another fence! Oh yeah, the other time Lowes struck out swinging was when I bought 3 rooms of carpet from this same store and the print was so stretched out on the roll they couldn't match the pattern when they tried to seem it. They gave me a 250 discount then, so I even bought a BBQ grill from them. I'm glad I put it together myself because it still works!

Some of your points are valid but others aren't her fault. Just as you don't walk into the grocery store and expect the cashier to pull a couple of steaks out of the meat counter, the service desk doesn't write sales orders.

• damaged stock