Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes - Return desk was rude gave me half of return value

woman at return desk was extremely rude,I purchased several items at another store and one of several were marked down due to a coupon,one mind you.there were others bought ,anyway I figured my time is valuable I"m a busy contractor. so I bought a new fan just to match the other ceiling fan in the house. next there"s a production they said my card was bad. now it worked an hour before and two hours later at home depot, anyway as I"M walking out the door the same desk clerk approaches me and asks for my receipt i have never been so insulted, so I said are you accusing me of stealing, she said it"s her job. I then handed over a receipt which I just paid full price after just receiving half for my return, I said who pays for my time? she acted confused, I said, I installed a ceiling fan I found it was defective I then remove it ,disassemble it and then have to return it and then have to deal with a very rude store return clerk, yea 3 hours of my life I won"t get back,guess what? it won"t happen again, I don"t think I"ll be shopping at lowes anytime soon.

Of course its her job to check your receipt. Just because you act like an *** doesn't make you special.

You can tell by the tone of your post that you feel like you don't have to play by anyones rules but your own.

If the 3 hours of you life are so important to you, why are you spending more time posting to web sites? :cry :cry :cry :cry

you should have kept walking after she said 'its here job' and asked her if its 'her job to accuse you of stealing' and if she is then she should just call the police.

@Anonymous

WELL THAT'S AND UNEDUCATED POST IF I EVER SEEN ONE. All major retailers require the front end employees to check receipts of people they see walking out of the store with items not in bags and or people they did not see go thru a check out.

Where I work people all the time try to just walk out the entrance with items in plain sight that they did not pay for. The first step to preventing this is ASKING FOR A RECEIPT.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Dublin, California - Customer service

Forget about getting anyone to help you at Lowe's store in Dublin. It's obvious the employees are there to just collect their paychecks. They don't care if you're waited on or not. When you ask for help,they take their time responding. One employee stated, " do you know how frustrating of a job this is for me?" after I told him how frustrated I was in getting help. You ask for a manager to speak with and the manager doesn't even show up. You give them your phone number to call you and they still don't call. I'll spend my hard earned money somewhere else.
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Time to cancel the card

I have been a Lowe's credit card holder for almost ten years, and as a general contractor, I use it all the time. I make big payments every month. Last month, my assistant made an online payment for me. When my account did not register right away, she made another payment. She called Lowe's when she realized it was a duplicate, and the lovely lady told her to how to cancel the extra payment online - no problem. It has been nothing but problems ever since. I made a $5000 payment ten days ago...went to use the card today and it was....declined. After hours on the phone, the only answer we got was...fax your bank statement proving it came out of your account. Did I say it has been ten days? I have never been late and I make large payments, well over the minimum, every month. Now, all of a sudden, the rules have changed. Time to cancel the card.

Lowe's has been nothing but a PITA to me when they first decided to change my payment due date(from the 15 th to the 1st), then jack up my interest rate to over 24%! When I asked them "why", they essentially said "because we can!' I am a contractor, who has made several thousands of dollars worth of purchases from my Local Lowe's store (located in Camden, Delaware)over the last eight years or so.

When they did this, I paid off my balance, cut up my card and have vowed to never shop with them again! I will keep my account open as long as possible so I can reap the benefits of my long association with those clowns.

My guess is that when your assistant screwed up making 2 payments, both may have been canceled when you canceled a payment. A quick check of your bank statement would tell you.

It's obvious that you make mistakes as 2 payments were made. You seem to be quick to cut a 10 year relationship IF 1 error is made on the part of the company that handles Lowes Credit card.

Perhaps they should be the one closing your account because you are being a PITA. Who screwed up first, you or them???

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Credit Card
  • Lowe s Credit Card

Lowes in Hermitage, Tennessee - Free installation

Bought a Bosch dishwasher on 9-15-13 with installation which cost 109.00 . After washer was installed I received an email promotion from Lowes giving free installation with Bosch dishwashers that started 9-18-13 . Lowes would not honor this to my purchase because of the date it purchased and also it was a promo handled by Bosch . I was encouraged to buy a new dishwasher by Lowes because we are having new floors installed by Lowes also which would help eliminate a possible water leak from the old washer after floors were installed . After spending well over six thousand dollars between flooring and dish washer that they would do the right thing and go back and pic up the installation on the washer.
#720902

You've got to be kidding me. It does not matter how much money you spend, why does that make you feel entitled to get a free promo days later.

I work for a vendor and we don't even find out the promotions until the night before it is launched in the stores. The store or vendor does not have to "pick up" the tab.

It's just ridiculous.You should be ashamed of yourself for this complaint.

#720306

Why are you complaining? You bought your dishwasher before the promotion started.

Your purchase does not qualify.

If they were installing dishwashers free when you bought yours and they started charging $109.00 3 days later would you be running to the store to pay them $109.00? Obviously you thought the $109 was a good value when you made the purchase or you wouldn't have paid it.

LTCC
#720282

you figured wrong...its all about timing...you missed the time line...suck it up whinner

nikalseyn
#720272

The special "free installation" started three days after you bought the dishwasher. What is so hard to understand about that?

You simply did not qualify for free installation.

They cannot make exceptions, else someone would want an exception because they bought theirs four days, or a week before the 18th. Rules are meant to be followed.

cnf6966
@nikalseyn

30 day price match know what your talking about before you write.

View more comments (4)
  • Installation Promo
On August 5, 2013 I contacted Lowes warranty department because my tractor stopped working properly. I had bought a Troy Bilt 25 HP 50" Husta tractor from Lowes on July 15, 2012 and also purchased an extended 4-year warranty which cost $329.97. The Tractor's deck had...

I was thinking of buying the extended warrenty. Not anymore. Thank you.

View more comments
Lowes Replacement
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • lowes extended warranty
  • Lowes executive support
  • extended warranties scam

Lowes in Madison Heights, Michigan - RALPH JONES

WENT TO LOWE'S TO GET SOME THINGS. WENT TO CHECK OUT. AND WAS TOLD THE VETERAN'S I.D CARD I GOT FROM MY COUNTY clerk's office was no good. that i had to have one from the veteran's dept. i told them that that card was only for those who sign up for veteran's health benefits and you can not get a i.d. card if you don't. they still said that is the only way i could get a discount. they should call them and find out that that that is the only way and that they will not gave just a i.d card
LTCC
#719633

Gone are the days of Veteran's discounts.......just a fact of life...best get used to it or find some place else to shop

• NO VETS DISCOUNT

Lowes - Poor Customer Service & difficulty gettting my money

Update by user Sep 21, 2013

Lowes has contacted me regarding my issue. My bank card has been credited the amount.

Shipping for my product will be refunded because it was not in there local store as noted.

The local upper management is helpful. Receiving an email stating they are proud of their customer service from Terry at Exec.CustService@lowes.com was appalling to say the least.

Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2013

On Monday September 16, 2013 I found a Gazebo online at the Lowes 501 So. Hurstbourne Pkwy store. I was very excited to find it extremely inexpensive. So I ordered it. According to the mylowes card it was pending. My account was charged for it. I went to the store to pick it up. The customer service represent that waited on me name was Kim (I think) she was of Asian decent. Anyway, I told her I was there to pick up an order. First she ask for my name before I had a chance to give her that she changed it to my phone number. Then when she could not find my order she asked could it be under a different name. I told her no, I have had this name longer than the card. I showed her my order from the mylowes site. Then she asked if it was a different number, nope I only have one number. Then she tells me that they could have put the number in wrong......whether they did not not was I supposed to know that number? I also showed her my email confirmation of the order. She can't find it, and I am quite irritated. Then I am informed by another customer service representative that my order was cancelled because they did not have it in stock. She claimed she called and left a voicemail. I did not receive a voice mail. Had I received a voicemail I would not have driven over there to pick up the product. I was frustrated with the waste of my time. I voiced my thoughts on this. As I was leaving I checked my bank statement and the amount was still pending. I told them I wanted documentation that my account was not charged. They could not provide that information I was frustrated because that is $184.97 I cannot spend elsewhere. I told them I wanted something documenting my account was not charged. I did not and still don't understand why my account is being deducted (pending status) for a product I am not receiving and why was the mylowes card still saying it is pending. Kim came to me trying to give me a piece of paper showing the order was cancelled. That is not efficient. I wanted then and now and now something stating my account is not charged. They could not provide. They informed me that at midnight everything resets. Mylowes card would not say processing and my bank account would say not pending. Well it is September 18 and still mylowes card and bank statement have not changed. I felt that Kim was very condescending to me at one point she said "I know this is confusing", well I was not confused. I wanted documentation stating my card was not charged because according to my bank account and mylowes the purchase is still pending. The next morning the same Gazebo on sale again at the same store $174. I call customer service the next day and issued my compliant. I also asked if there were any of those Gazebos anywhere. The nice customer service lady, Angie or Angela found one for me and I purchased it I am paying $97 for freight shipping which I don't believe I should not have to pay. On September 19, 2013, my account issue continued. My account was pending $184.97 and Mylowes shopping card still said the item was “in process”. I called my bank to find out how the pending status can be removed. They informed me that only Lowes can remove it. I called the local store to speak with the manager, Jason. Jason, the manager, also informed me it was not Lowes it was my bank. I informed of the hold encounter on Monday night. I told him the said it would be cleared by midnight on Monday, September 16. It was not. I also informed him that it was still posted on mylowes shopping card. Jason informs me I must remove that myself. He then tells me he is going to make some calls and get back to me. Well, after reviewing the mylowes purchase site and noting there is nowhere for me to remove the Gazebo myself I decided to call customer service again. In calling customer service I reach Logan. I tell Logan my story. I tell him I have spoken with my bank and it is Lowes error not the bank. Logan continues to inform me I am wrong. Logan puts me on hold for about 20 minutes (I do work). He comes back to tell me that the managers say he is correct and we can do a 3 way conversation with my bank. I asked him to call back in 10 minutes so I can eat my lunch. Logan does call back and we contact my bank. I had to give a lot of personal information while he was on the phone. The CSR at my bank explains to Logan that it is Lowes holding my money not the bank. She explains to Logan to release my funds he would need to fax a letter with Lowes letterhead to the bank stating that I did not owe Lowes the money and that it could be released. Logan then puts me on hold once again with the bank CSR. After 20 minutes the bank CSR disconnected. I was on hold for about 10 more minutes. Logan comes back to the phone and tells me again it is not Lowes it is my bank. I am quite mad at this point. I told Logan after the bank just told him what he needed to do he could not do that. I needed to speak to a manager right then. After back and forward with Logan I was placed on hold again for a manager. I cannot tell you would the managers name was at this time because I left that information at work, but finally she took care of it after I had to explain myself once again. I was on the phone with Lowes customer service for a total of 1 hour 36 minutes on Thursday. I am very disappointed with the service I received from Lowes. I feel that your employees were not listening and did not care. I was not trying to get something for nothing. All I wanted was money that was rightfully mine. Prior to the home I have now I had an older home. From Lowes, I have bought appliances, hardwood flooring, built a treehouse for my son, and purchased storage units, closet units, paint, stuff to repair plumbing. As of 2 years ago, I purchase a brand new home. I send my son to private school; therefore I am limited on my spending. But he graduates in May. At that point I will have extra monies to do thing around my home. I got walls to paint. I have a pedestal sink to replace, mirrors to replace, a riding lawn mower to purchase. But with the poor customer service I have received from your staff at the Louisville store and customer reps, I am not sure if I will be spending my money with your company. I believe when Logan asked me the do a 3 way call with my bank, the company was trying to prove I was wrong. Being an educated woman (master degree) I covered my bases. I checked with my bank because I wanted to make sure I was correct. It was Lowes at fault. I hope that no one else ever experiences this. I spoke to my friends about it, one told me she stop going to Lowe’s because of the service. I posted my experience on facebook. It is sad it took me that long to get the correct about of service. I previously thought Lowes was better than Home Depot.

Being an "educated woman" you sure ramble on. You start with a racist comment and ramble on first saying that it is your Lowes credit card then your bank card. It is so obvious that this is a bogus post and that you have no idea of what you are talking about.

#719671

When I have problems with my Lowes card, I contact GE CAPITAL not Lowes. For a smart woman, I figure you already knew this and just chose the difficult way around by contacting the store who only signs people up for cards.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Charlottesville, Virginia - Valspar latex paint is horrible

We used Valspar (Lowes) black latex paint (premium interior/exterior enamel) to paint an antique table. We primed it first using a high grade latex primer which covered and dried perfectly. The Valspar paint did not cover well and had to be re-coated again three times. We allowed ample drying time between coats (several days in an air-conditioned (dry) room. This paint is still sticky after over a month of "drying". The feet of a small table lamp have permanently "telegraphed" through a doily and into the paint. This paint is so soft and tacky that it never truly dries or cures. Worst pint we have ever used.
laydp

I have used Valspar paints numerous times on both furniture and on the walls of my duplex and have never had any negative issues with it. As a matter of fact the previous renter had painted a maroon border in the master bedroom and I covered it in one coat of white. I love this paint and would use it again.

You should put an oil based paint on furniture anyway

Lowes is a retailer of Valspar...its not their paint as I can buy it at my local do-it best hardware store. Your compliant while vaild, as I have had the same issue, doesn't belong to Lowes

I too used the top of the line Valspar primer/paint and it was terrible. They brag about how it covers in one coat....b.s. and the I was painting a light blue over white!!!

View more comments (3)
Featured

Lowes in Oxford, Massachusetts - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices

Lowes - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices
Lowes - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices
Trying to resolve an issue with installation of storm door . Door installation was faulty resulting in damage to personal property / removal of my personal property by installer / Promices by Management to send emails but they never follow through. This appears to be the standard operating procedure for Lowes in Worcester, Ma. I talked to Sean and the Asst Mgr. Andrew who make promices but never follow through. This has gone on for a month plus I have contacted the customer cares line to no avail. They say they will forward to senior management. I will say they are all on the same sheet of music as far as jerking customers around.

*promises

It looks bad, but the hole looks like it was needed for the door/door handle that you selected

leomarron

Lowes calls me and again promices to email me with proposal to credit my account for the door, measurement, and install fee. I again wait to see if they will do what they say they will do.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation

Lowes...Bad Delivery Service. Buyer Beware!

I ordered a refrigerator online on 9/10/2013. I also ordered a water line for the ice maker. I used a 10% off coupon. The final order total was $877.49. I received an email stating that I would be getting a phone call in 24 hours to schedule a delivery time. Fair enough. Well, 24 hours came and went....no call...no money was debited from my account either. I called customer care the afternoon of 9/11/2013. I was told that the order had been processed and it would be delivered the following day...9/12/2013. I was also told that someone would call me with a delivery time...within 24 hrs. I received no call, no email, no nothing. No money had been taken out of my account yet. The next morning I once again called customer care, and they told me that my refrigerator would be delivered that day sometime between 8am-11am. About an hour later, a gentleman called me from the warehouse, and told me that my order could not be processed due to some kind of problem with the computer system. He told me that he was going to have to cancel the order, and do a new service ticket, and enter it manually. I gave him my debit card number. He told me that were loading my fridge, and they would be bringing it shortly. After I got off the phone, I checked my account balance. They had taken $974.68 out of my account! This was $100 too much. I was getting pissed. I called customer care back, and told them what had happened. They apologized, and told me that they would refund the money in it's entirety and cancel the order. They also told me that if I wanted to reorder that I could, and they would take an additional $877 out of my account...um NO. I told them that were supposed to be bringing the refrigerator today...they said they were not going to because the order has been cancelled. Since I did not have enough money in my account to reorder I could wait until the refund went in, and do a whole new order. I told them to just forget it. I am so disappointed. Not only am I out $970, but I have nothing to show for it. If you are purchasing appliances online...be careful. They will take your money, and give you nothing.

The Oct 27th reply made a lot of sense

How are you out $970?? They refunded you...move on.

@Anonymous

Because you ***...the refund has yet to show up. Also this was bad , bad customer service. Very disorganized and scatter-brained...kind of like you.

@Bravscar

Now now, children. No need to bring insults in to this.

Now, in regards to your complaint, I can partly understand. I can understand your frustration with the order, however, it was never the store/companies fault directly. Computer systems fail all the time and this could have happened with any online retailer. Once you made the company aware of the situation, they did everything in their means to correct it for you.

The ONLY minor misunderstanding was that you used a 10% off coupon that the warehouse did not see on their loading ticket. So when they resubmit your order, they most likely put it through without the 10%. Once you noticed that was wrong, they offered a solution that would have easily taken care of the issue, to which you declined.

In my honest opinion, this complaint is not valid. And, as another commenter stated, "they refunded you...move on."

View more comments (3)