Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Over the years, Lowes has driven out our old home improvement store out of business. Here are some of the things that I've purchased at Lowes and what my experiences have been. Built a deck. Purchased most of the lumber from a local lumber company. Finished on...
#1320225

I purchased a Project Source Single Lever Kitchen Faucet and the hand handle came loose/off months later. Finding information on a defective screw is all but impossible with the vague manual they give you or the Lowes websites.

I need the screw size so I can buy a new screw and wrench. Now rather than leaving a loose but partially usable handle on the faucet for other people in the house to use I must take the handle & screw to locate a part & screw.

It now becomes a rush job.

Besides coming loose months after installation Project Source and Lowes have very poor information on their products.

View more comments
Reason of review
Bad quality

Lowes in Mantua, New Jersey - Lowe's/Heartland Install NJ

I have been given the run around from Backyard Products, the install company for Heartland/Lowe's. The cancelled my original reservations and lost my second reservation. This was all after I already destroyed previous shed and valuables are on the lawn. Had to call Lowe's and Backyard Products many times before given a straight answer. They told me the third time they would arrive by one, it is now almost two in the afternoon. Do not go through the hassle of this. Go through a contractor. This shed better be worth all of this. Hopefully, Lowe's will compensate me for this issue.
Heartland_Industries

We are always sorry to hear about issues with our products. We would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issues at hand and to get them all corrected and to discuss compensation options that may be available. Please contact our customer service department at 800-577-9663.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank You.

Heartland Customer Service

When the customer above stated he had to call Lowe's several times to get a straight answer. Installed sales at Lowe's should have been on the phone with Backyard or finding another contractor in their rotation to perform this build.

I know Backyard is full of a bunch of real winners but Installed Sales does have to do their part as well since the customer went into the store and purchased this shed.

Service doesn't stop after the sale is final at the check out. Lowe's had this guys money and he had nothing but a bunch of empty promises.

Why should Lowes "compensate" you for anything. It doesn't sound like Lowes has done anything wrong.

It sounds like it is Backyard products you should be complaining about. If "compensation" comes from anyone it should be them. Think of it this way. If you wrote a check to Lowes and it bounced should Lowes be pissed at you or your bank?

It isn't the banks fault enough funds weren't there, they are in the middle, facilitating the transaction between you and Lowes.

Same thing here, Lowes is in the middle facilitating the transaction between you and Backyard Products. Direct your anger where it belongs.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Shed Installation
Just about every order I have placed with them has been screwed up in some way shape or form. Charging my for an ac unit that I ordered online but the refund takes days to get on an item they don't even have! That's bull! Then when I call the store they are rude and...

Sounds odd to me. What does being a chain have to do with getting product from one store to another?

Most "Chains" have a distribution center that ships products to the stores. They usually don't have trucks running from one store to another. As for the refund it was probably a credit to a credit card. For some reason charges to credit cards are processed much faster than credits by the credit card companies.

Give it a day or 2 and it will show up. It's much more likely that you didn't take all your items from the check out counter than it is that they tried to keep them.

If they had ordered you a tub rather than a dishwasher that should have been plain as day on the order form at the time of order...why didn't you question it then. I don't think Lowes deserves all the blame here.

Don't buy from Lowes

We went to Lowes looking for a metal hideaway hose reel because our dogs chew on the plastic ones. While at Lowes we saw exactly what we were looking for in the greenhouse. It was actually being used to hold the hoses which were used to water the plants. We asked staff where we could locate the product in the store as we hadn't seen one for sale in the hose reel section. Staff stated they didn't actually sell them, just used them for personal use. Disappointed to have found exactly what we were looking for, but discovering it wasn't for sale, we went home and looked online. To our surprise, we found the exact product we were told by a Lowes employee they did not sell, on their website. I called and placed my order over the phone. Within an hour of placing the order, I received a call from Lowes stating due to an "IT error" the order was cancelled and I would need to place the order again. I checked my bank account and was charged $269.63 for a $119 hose reel. I was told it would take 7-10 business days to receive a refund and they encouraged me to place the order again and stated my card would be charged again. Needless to say, I did not place the order again and stated I would just wait for my refund. I waited the 10 days and called back as I had not received a refund to my account. The woman I spoke with was rude and kept talking over me. She stated the order was listed as completed and stated the item had been picked up. I live in OR, the store that was suppose to send the product to me is in FL. It seemed obvious to me that I did not pick up the product, but not to this ***. I had to argue with her for several minutes and then she put me on hold for 20 minutes. She came back and stated she had called the store in FL and cancelled the order and I should receive a refund in 7-10 days. I asked why she had to call and cancel an order I had been told was cancelled due to an IT error 10 days ago by Lowes, not me. She didn't have an answer and told me to "have a nice day" and hung up on me. Home Depot all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lowes, never again.....

GO TO JERRY'S. FOR GET HOME DEPOT OR LOWES!

Loss

Lowes in Wytheville, Virginia - 3 Weeks Now and Still not closer to having my Mower fixed!

I purchased an extended warranty plan through lowes. My mower broke when it was almost 2 years old. I called over 3 weeks ago to have it fixed and they have set me up with 2 different companies to have it fixed. I ended up having to call the shops because I didn't hear anything from them and when I did they said they weren't taking any more customers. I called Lowes again today and they said they'll call me back in two days. Two days here, two days there and I'm at the same place I was 3 weeks ago. Ughhh so frustrating! This warranty plan is useless!

Extended Warranties or Repair plans are considered 100% profit to any major retail store. They also do not start working until the manufacture warranty has ended. As for as getting something repair that depends on the repair shop doing the repairs many of them are major backed up and it can takes weeks to months to have something fixed.

Extended warranties are just free money to box stores, especially Lowes. Don't buy them.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Silver Springs, Florida - Person on the cash register no help

I went to purchase a number of items to finish off some projects at 7:30am I bought 2 gallons of paint 2 boxes of flooring paint supplies and 1 bag of 80lb. cement. At the register she rang up my stuff and placed the paint on the cement tearing the bag I did not want it to tear more so I asked for something just so it would not get all over everything she said she had nothing ok how about someone to help me?No such luck as a result I was covered in concrete as was my car. There was no one in back of me or in front of me. Did I mention that I am 64 years old no spring chicken I worked in a hardware store for 8 years and never treated a customer so rudely and I was a casheir.

Since you are 64yrs.Old.Why?Did you not have help along with you.Accidents happen all the time.I am 64yrs.old And when i go to HOME DEPOT i alway's have someone with me each time to assist me.Their are time's when their are no one to assist with product's that are being purchased.So it is alway's good to have a helper of your own.

3rdLevelRogue

As a current Lowes cashier, I'm really sorry and disgusted by the treatment you received. A call or attempt should always be made to try to help, especially with mess making items.

Torn concrete is almost always bagged or transferable to a new container. Unfortunately though, it isn't always something a cashier can do. We are rarely given tape for repairs, but it isn't a real excuse.

Please call the store and calmly explain the situation. Bad employees happen everywhere and it sadly takes a few notable offenses to remove them , but you deserve to have it made up to you.

Anna must be a lazy and profane Lowes cashier. All the cashier had to do was call for a loader to assist you.

The cashier was negligent of her job duties. But then what a cashier makes at Lowes, I am not suprised.

@Reality

Ha Ha :grin :upset :grin

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Charleston, South Carolina - No delivery, no real explanation

We ordered a John Deere riding lawn mower this past Sunday afternoon (5/12/13) from Lowes.com and requested the free delivery. The order confirmation said that we would get delivery from our local store (a few miles from our house - I ordered online so that I would get Ebates, which was substantial on this purchase) that same day, but we doubted that would happen since it was Sunday, and Mother's Day at that. The next day I checked my home messages around 10AM, and someone from Lowe's (not sure if he was a store employee or a driver) had left a message around 9:30AM. In barely intelligible English, he said that our delivery window was 2-4PM that same day and that if we had a problem, we could call the store at an unintelligible number. I had to look up the number, but since my husband and I have our own business, and it was a slow day, he said he'd go home by 1:30PM and wait, which he did, plus it gave him time to appropriate rearrange the garage in anticipation of the new lawn mower's arrival. I left the office at my normal time, picked up our son, and arrived home around 5:15PM to find my husband's car in the driveway and our garage doors open with no green tractor in sight. Needless to say, our lawn mower had yet to be delivered. My husband had already called the store at 4:30PM, a half an hour past the delivery window, and was told that the driver must be delayed and that we are last on the list. So basically we are told to sit tight. Fine, we can be patient, stuff happens, we understand. At 5:30PM he called the store again. Twice. No one picked up the phone at all. At 6:45PM he called again. The lady on the phone told him that she doesn't know what the story is, but she will call the driver and call us back ASAP. At this point I'm really annoyed because we have to put our son to bed, and for sure this guy is going to show up while we're in the middle of everything (I'm currently 9 months pregnant, so I am physically unable handle our son's bath and bedtime routine on my own anymore). When we finally finished all that, at 7:45PM, my husband called the store again, since no one had called us back as promised. My husband was polite, but given that we were nearly 4 hours past the 2-hour delivery window, they immediately put the manager on the phone. He checked the logs and told my husband that the driver had made a note that he came by at 4, but no one was home. My husband was either in our house or in our garage (rearranging things) with the garage doors open from 1:30PM onwards. Our address is on every major mapping system, there are no streets in the entire county with even a similar name, and our house number is clearly marked in two places. We also have a very loud, working doorbell and four dogs who bark their heads off at every sound outside, so there's no way that the driver could have shown up at our house without our being alerted by the doorbell and/or our dogs. Either this guy got the wrong house, which is asinine, or he is lying. Instead my husband has to leave our business early AGAIN today to sit and wait for a delivery. While the Lowe's employees were apologetic, and the manager asked what he could do to make it right (we asked for a $35 accessory as a concession), I find it appalling that neither the driver nor the people in charge of deliveries thought to call us to say anything. Instead we had to call them to find out what the story was only to find out that either something completely ridiculous or completely untrue had occurred. I'm glad that the Lowe's employees were apologetic and offered to "fix" the situation, kinda sorta (I would have rather just had the delivery at that point rather than sacrifice business for yet another afternoon), but I want to know what the real story is. In other words, I want to know whether the driver went to the wrong house or flat out lied.

Did the ebates work, did you actually get the cash back? Someone at Lowes told me that ebates does not work for Lowes. So looking to see if it will actually work when I do it.

Thanks

Just to follow up, the delivery did arrive yesterday. It was a little late but reasonably so.

My husband did not ask if it was the same driver as the day before, so basically he did not ask further to find out what the story was (I would have asked).

The concession was a $25 John Deere tractor/mower maintenance kit, which includes "Turf Guard," gloves, safety goggles, and a couple of other small items. So I am pleased about that but really wanted an explanation more than anything else.

Sorry about the weird punctuation (random question marks and whatnot). I did not type those in, but they showed up when this was published.

View more comments (2)
Review
Walked into the garden center, at the "southlands" location. the people they have hired are so rude! Not a hi, hello.....nothing! I asked one of the employees where I would find a certain item in the garden center..he pointed down a long isle..."did you look...
3rdLevelRogue

Lowes cashier here. Cashiers, if that is who initially asked, cannot leave their registers to help you.

It is policy that aisle associates must walk you to the item. I'm sorry the cashier was unresponsive to you. They should have at least said hello and asked you about your day/shopping experience. Please call and talk it over with a manager.

We need calm, constructive feedback to improve and better serve the public.

I do hope Home Depot serves you well if you choose to exclusively patronize their store. :grin

View more comments

Miss treated by James Brown a Lowes manager

I visited the Lowes store located at 4455 S Buckley Rd Aurora, CO. It was one of the worst experiences I have had shopping. I went to the store to purchase a power washer. The only one left did not have all the parts in the box so I asked the manager James Brown if I could get all the parts to product or a discount because there were missing pieces. He said in a rude and very condescending way “you are in Lowes not Park Hill” I was completely offended because he went on to say a few other thing that were completely inappropriate. I was SHOCKED!!!! I was a loyal Lowes customer but going forward I will shop somewhere else. I will SHRED my Lowes credit card and will NOT spend another dime with a company that would hire people like who would talk to or treat its customers like this and unfortunately it is not the first time I have been offended and treated inappropriately by the staff at this particular store.
RetailCop

I hear this type of *** all of the time!! They were rude...I'm offended...I'm going somewhere else to shop.

Good!! Go!!

We don't give a F--K!!!!!!!!!!!! You probably were trying to rip them off anyway.

LadyScot

You get the discount, then call the manufacturer and get the parts for free, so you save a bundle.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Hot Springs, Arkansas - Bad performance Loews Valspar Ultra Paint w/primer

The paint I used did not cover well and dried "streaky." I was using the same color of the new paint as the old paint. The walls were clean and in good shape. I used Valspar paint a year or so ago on the same type of wall and it was fine but it was not the "improved" paint with primer. I put on a second coat and the result was not much better. I'ts tolerable but when I put in a lot of time and care to paint a room, I expect better. Your experience may be different but, in my opinion: BUYER BEWARE.
RetailCop

Lowe's doesn't manufacture Valspar paint....Valspar does!