Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Madison Heights, Michigan - RALPH JONES

WENT TO LOWE'S TO GET SOME THINGS. WENT TO CHECK OUT. AND WAS TOLD THE VETERAN'S I.D CARD I GOT FROM MY COUNTY clerk's office was no good. that i had to have one from the veteran's dept. i told them that that card was only for those who sign up for veteran's health benefits and you can not get a i.d. card if you don't. they still said that is the only way i could get a discount. they should call them and find out that that that is the only way and that they will not gave just a i.d card
LTCC
#719633

Gone are the days of Veteran's discounts.......just a fact of life...best get used to it or find some place else to shop

• NO VETS DISCOUNT

Lowes - Poor Customer Service & difficulty gettting my money

Update by user Sep 21, 2013

Lowes has contacted me regarding my issue. My bank card has been credited the amount.

Shipping for my product will be refunded because it was not in there local store as noted.

The local upper management is helpful. Receiving an email stating they are proud of their customer service from Terry at Exec.CustService@lowes.com was appalling to say the least.

Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2013

On Monday September 16, 2013 I found a Gazebo online at the Lowes 501 So. Hurstbourne Pkwy store. I was very excited to find it extremely inexpensive. So I ordered it. According to the mylowes card it was pending. My account was charged for it. I went to the store to pick it up. The customer service represent that waited on me name was Kim (I think) she was of Asian decent. Anyway, I told her I was there to pick up an order. First she ask for my name before I had a chance to give her that she changed it to my phone number. Then when she could not find my order she asked could it be under a different name. I told her no, I have had this name longer than the card. I showed her my order from the mylowes site. Then she asked if it was a different number, nope I only have one number. Then she tells me that they could have put the number in wrong......whether they did not not was I supposed to know that number? I also showed her my email confirmation of the order. She can't find it, and I am quite irritated. Then I am informed by another customer service representative that my order was cancelled because they did not have it in stock. She claimed she called and left a voicemail. I did not receive a voice mail. Had I received a voicemail I would not have driven over there to pick up the product. I was frustrated with the waste of my time. I voiced my thoughts on this. As I was leaving I checked my bank statement and the amount was still pending. I told them I wanted documentation that my account was not charged. They could not provide that information I was frustrated because that is $184.97 I cannot spend elsewhere. I told them I wanted something documenting my account was not charged. I did not and still don't understand why my account is being deducted (pending status) for a product I am not receiving and why was the mylowes card still saying it is pending. Kim came to me trying to give me a piece of paper showing the order was cancelled. That is not efficient. I wanted then and now and now something stating my account is not charged. They could not provide. They informed me that at midnight everything resets. Mylowes card would not say processing and my bank account would say not pending. Well it is September 18 and still mylowes card and bank statement have not changed. I felt that Kim was very condescending to me at one point she said "I know this is confusing", well I was not confused. I wanted documentation stating my card was not charged because according to my bank account and mylowes the purchase is still pending. The next morning the same Gazebo on sale again at the same store $174. I call customer service the next day and issued my compliant. I also asked if there were any of those Gazebos anywhere. The nice customer service lady, Angie or Angela found one for me and I purchased it I am paying $97 for freight shipping which I don't believe I should not have to pay. On September 19, 2013, my account issue continued. My account was pending $184.97 and Mylowes shopping card still said the item was “in process”. I called my bank to find out how the pending status can be removed. They informed me that only Lowes can remove it. I called the local store to speak with the manager, Jason. Jason, the manager, also informed me it was not Lowes it was my bank. I informed of the hold encounter on Monday night. I told him the said it would be cleared by midnight on Monday, September 16. It was not. I also informed him that it was still posted on mylowes shopping card. Jason informs me I must remove that myself. He then tells me he is going to make some calls and get back to me. Well, after reviewing the mylowes purchase site and noting there is nowhere for me to remove the Gazebo myself I decided to call customer service again. In calling customer service I reach Logan. I tell Logan my story. I tell him I have spoken with my bank and it is Lowes error not the bank. Logan continues to inform me I am wrong. Logan puts me on hold for about 20 minutes (I do work). He comes back to tell me that the managers say he is correct and we can do a 3 way conversation with my bank. I asked him to call back in 10 minutes so I can eat my lunch. Logan does call back and we contact my bank. I had to give a lot of personal information while he was on the phone. The CSR at my bank explains to Logan that it is Lowes holding my money not the bank. She explains to Logan to release my funds he would need to fax a letter with Lowes letterhead to the bank stating that I did not owe Lowes the money and that it could be released. Logan then puts me on hold once again with the bank CSR. After 20 minutes the bank CSR disconnected. I was on hold for about 10 more minutes. Logan comes back to the phone and tells me again it is not Lowes it is my bank. I am quite mad at this point. I told Logan after the bank just told him what he needed to do he could not do that. I needed to speak to a manager right then. After back and forward with Logan I was placed on hold again for a manager. I cannot tell you would the managers name was at this time because I left that information at work, but finally she took care of it after I had to explain myself once again. I was on the phone with Lowes customer service for a total of 1 hour 36 minutes on Thursday. I am very disappointed with the service I received from Lowes. I feel that your employees were not listening and did not care. I was not trying to get something for nothing. All I wanted was money that was rightfully mine. Prior to the home I have now I had an older home. From Lowes, I have bought appliances, hardwood flooring, built a treehouse for my son, and purchased storage units, closet units, paint, stuff to repair plumbing. As of 2 years ago, I purchase a brand new home. I send my son to private school; therefore I am limited on my spending. But he graduates in May. At that point I will have extra monies to do thing around my home. I got walls to paint. I have a pedestal sink to replace, mirrors to replace, a riding lawn mower to purchase. But with the poor customer service I have received from your staff at the Louisville store and customer reps, I am not sure if I will be spending my money with your company. I believe when Logan asked me the do a 3 way call with my bank, the company was trying to prove I was wrong. Being an educated woman (master degree) I covered my bases. I checked with my bank because I wanted to make sure I was correct. It was Lowes at fault. I hope that no one else ever experiences this. I spoke to my friends about it, one told me she stop going to Lowe’s because of the service. I posted my experience on facebook. It is sad it took me that long to get the correct about of service. I previously thought Lowes was better than Home Depot.

Being an "educated woman" you sure ramble on. You start with a racist comment and ramble on first saying that it is your Lowes credit card then your bank card. It is so obvious that this is a bogus post and that you have no idea of what you are talking about.

#719671

When I have problems with my Lowes card, I contact GE CAPITAL not Lowes. For a smart woman, I figure you already knew this and just chose the difficult way around by contacting the store who only signs people up for cards.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Charlottesville, Virginia - Valspar latex paint is horrible

We used Valspar (Lowes) black latex paint (premium interior/exterior enamel) to paint an antique table. We primed it first using a high grade latex primer which covered and dried perfectly. The Valspar paint did not cover well and had to be re-coated again three times. We allowed ample drying time between coats (several days in an air-conditioned (dry) room. This paint is still sticky after over a month of "drying". The feet of a small table lamp have permanently "telegraphed" through a doily and into the paint. This paint is so soft and tacky that it never truly dries or cures. Worst pint we have ever used.
laydp

I have used Valspar paints numerous times on both furniture and on the walls of my duplex and have never had any negative issues with it. As a matter of fact the previous renter had painted a maroon border in the master bedroom and I covered it in one coat of white. I love this paint and would use it again.

You should put an oil based paint on furniture anyway

Lowes is a retailer of Valspar...its not their paint as I can buy it at my local do-it best hardware store. Your compliant while vaild, as I have had the same issue, doesn't belong to Lowes

I too used the top of the line Valspar primer/paint and it was terrible. They brag about how it covers in one coat....b.s. and the I was painting a light blue over white!!!

Featured

Lowes in Oxford, Massachusetts - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices

Lowes - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices
Lowes - Phone Tag/ and un full filled Promices
Trying to resolve an issue with installation of storm door . Door installation was faulty resulting in damage to personal property / removal of my personal property by installer / Promices by Management to send emails but they never follow through. This appears to be the standard operating procedure for Lowes in Worcester, Ma. I talked to Sean and the Asst Mgr. Andrew who make promices but never follow through. This has gone on for a month plus I have contacted the customer cares line to no avail. They say they will forward to senior management. I will say they are all on the same sheet of music as far as jerking customers around.

*promises

It looks bad, but the hole looks like it was needed for the door/door handle that you selected

leomarron

Lowes calls me and again promices to email me with proposal to credit my account for the door, measurement, and install fee. I again wait to see if they will do what they say they will do.

Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes...Bad Delivery Service. Buyer Beware!

I ordered a refrigerator online on 9/10/2013. I also ordered a water line for the ice maker. I used a 10% off coupon. The final order total was $877.49. I received an email stating that I would be getting a phone call in 24 hours to schedule a delivery time. Fair enough. Well, 24 hours came and went....no call...no money was debited from my account either. I called customer care the afternoon of 9/11/2013. I was told that the order had been processed and it would be delivered the following day...9/12/2013. I was also told that someone would call me with a delivery time...within 24 hrs. I received no call, no email, no nothing. No money had been taken out of my account yet. The next morning I once again called customer care, and they told me that my refrigerator would be delivered that day sometime between 8am-11am. About an hour later, a gentleman called me from the warehouse, and told me that my order could not be processed due to some kind of problem with the computer system. He told me that he was going to have to cancel the order, and do a new service ticket, and enter it manually. I gave him my debit card number. He told me that were loading my fridge, and they would be bringing it shortly. After I got off the phone, I checked my account balance. They had taken $974.68 out of my account! This was $100 too much. I was getting pissed. I called customer care back, and told them what had happened. They apologized, and told me that they would refund the money in it's entirety and cancel the order. They also told me that if I wanted to reorder that I could, and they would take an additional $877 out of my account...um NO. I told them that were supposed to be bringing the refrigerator today...they said they were not going to because the order has been cancelled. Since I did not have enough money in my account to reorder I could wait until the refund went in, and do a whole new order. I told them to just forget it. I am so disappointed. Not only am I out $970, but I have nothing to show for it. If you are purchasing appliances online...be careful. They will take your money, and give you nothing.

The Oct 27th reply made a lot of sense

How are you out $970?? They refunded you...move on.

@Anonymous

Because you ***...the refund has yet to show up. Also this was bad , bad customer service. Very disorganized and scatter-brained...kind of like you.

@Bravscar

Now now, children. No need to bring insults in to this.

Now, in regards to your complaint, I can partly understand. I can understand your frustration with the order, however, it was never the store/companies fault directly. Computer systems fail all the time and this could have happened with any online retailer. Once you made the company aware of the situation, they did everything in their means to correct it for you.

The ONLY minor misunderstanding was that you used a 10% off coupon that the warehouse did not see on their loading ticket. So when they resubmit your order, they most likely put it through without the 10%. Once you noticed that was wrong, they offered a solution that would have easily taken care of the issue, to which you declined.

In my honest opinion, this complaint is not valid. And, as another commenter stated, "they refunded you...move on."

• Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes in Minneapolis, Minnesota - Fridgidaire Washing Machine

After nine months of usage Front LOading Wash Machine quit working. The control board needed replacing. Part and labor $285.00!! The same thing happened to an identical wash machine my daughter had purchased. I would never recommend a Fridgidaire appliance to anyone. I The appliance repair person said he is replacing control boards in Fridgidaire washer and dryers on a regular basis. He said he would never recommend buying a Fridgidaire appliance. He showed me the old control board and I could see where the relay switch and several other components on the board had burned out. I called Fridgidaire and they basically said too bad!!!

so... what does this have to do with Lowe's? Frigidaire is carried by a lot of companies.

Lowes in Denver, Colorado - Delivery of Dishwasher

My wife and I bought a dishwasher online from Lowe's of Westminster, 5600 West 88th Ave., Westminster, CO. When I called to set up a delivery at 10:15, I asked for Wendy and was told she was on lunch break. I called back two more times over the next two hours and was again told she was at lunch. Finally, I was told she was on vacation. I was transferred to a gentleman to whom I complained about the Wendy confusion. He got mad at me, took my info, and said he'd call me back. Another gentleman called me back and set up a delivery time for the following Monday between 8 and 12:30. I called over the weekend to confirm delivery time and was told by a confused lady that whatever the scheduled time was that's when the dishwasher would be delivered. She didn't seem to have access to the delivery info. At 11:15 Monday morning I got a call from the delivery team saying they would deliver between 12 and 2. They apologized for the delivery time screw-up at the store but they would try to deliver by 12:30. They arrived at 12:30 but were unable to take away the old dishwasher because they couldn't touch it and they would return when we disinstalled the washer ourselves. No one during the entire purchasing and delivery time period mentioned that we would have to disinstall the washer ourselves and that the delivery team wouldn't do so. No we have to disinstall it ouselves and call back to schedule another pickup time. Is this any way to run a business?

I don't understand some people. Big Cry Babies.

A dishwasher is considered an installation, not a hookup. That's like expecting a delivery guy to hook up a gas dryer- not gonna happen.

If you call over the weekend, expect weekend service. Later today, why don't you try calling your bank about something important and see what happens- it's a Saturday after 5PM EST- they won't be there or the people who do the bulk of the work/know what's going on won't be there. Don't insist that businesses operate on your terms and then blame them. Do business at normal times and in normal ways and you'll find things go smoother.

They gave you a clear delivery time and you asked so many questions about it you screwed it up on your own by confusing everyone you could talk to about it.

Next time, instead of thinking this is 1950 and "wendy" is your buddy, tell the person who answers the phone that you need to set up a delivery. Problem solved.

THEY ARE DELIVERY DRIVERS, NOT INSTALLERS.

In your complaint you say you bought the dishwasher online. I don't see anything online that mentions installation and removal of the dishwasher.

It does offer free delivery. You may have shopped in the store and seen signs mentioning installation but they also show a price for this service.

Why would you assume they would send a plumber to disconnect your dishwasher when you didn't pay for it. Don't blame Lowes for your assuming they were going to do something that you didn't order.

• dishwasher delivery

Lowes - Customer service

Have other people been having getting good customer service at Lowes stores? It seems to me that they are hiring a bunch of young kids that don't seem to have any knowledge of the products or services and they seem to relied on their Iphone quite a lot. They need people that can answer your questions and not try to BS to customer. It seems that Lowes is taking real big steps backwards and they just can't see it happening. If you need help on building a deck they want to show you or watch a video on the Iphone, well that doesn't help if I have a question on that project and the sales person can't answer it.
LTCC
#719882

Maybe you dont watch the news.....kids are working in more and more stores as part time jobs replace full time jobs. Sad to say that adults just can feed a family on a part time wage....so unemployment becomes more of an attractive incentive.....Now with Obama care.....more and more companies are switching their jobs to part time to avoid the mandatory coverage......As a country we are shooting our self in the foot....it will get worse not better

#719877

Yes, I agree with you. Here in Morgantown, WV they have young girls in the install sales department.

One got smart me on the phone last year over an install. She wanted me to cancel the install for my fence. I almost did, out of disgust with her attitude, then I went to management and had it installed. Now, this year I wanted to have another part of my yard fenced and went to Lowes.

The salesman that came out to my house was super nice. So, I thought, everything would be fine. I purchased the materials in April and they were delivered. Here it is middle of September, and they have not installed my fence.

I made a request for it not to be done while it was raining hard and to give the cement a day to set up when they install posts. Originally, the installer was in contact with me and things were fine. When install sales found out I was communicating with the installer, he never contacted me again and my fence is not installed. I've called corporate office to no avail.

Lowes called me and wanted someone to install it who was not the original installer. I told them I wanted the original installer because that was my deciding point when the salesman was at my house raving about how great this installer is. Also, I had a 18 month no interest coupon and it was put in as 5% at the register, and I was told that "they will give you both." Well, I have since found out that is not the case and am told that I can only, maybe, get the 12 month no interest after the fence is installed and they remove the 5% discount. I feel like I am being treated badly by install sales, Cecelia, because of the previous incident and am being given the run around.

In the meantime, the cement is on my back patio, covered, by us, but some has already gotten wet. Also, this is a wooden fence and we have covered most of the wood, but larger posts are exposed.

What can I do?

joke about the iphones you may enjoy:

Lowe's was ATT's biggest iphone sale ever... now we're about to be their biggest return ever!!

If you have trouble getting a question answered in lowe's you can often get good help at 1-800-44LOWE'S. Unfortunately, kids are basically the job market these days at the pay rate that stores can offer. Blame the 1%.

Review

Expensive Premium Paint - Lowes said no primer needed. NOT TRUE!

Update by user Sep 24, 2013

Valspar Premium Paint sucked! But the paint at Sherwin Williams is fantastic!

One coat and no primer needed. We had used primer with the Valspar and regret even wasting our time picking out colors there . Most of the people working there were pushy too. Sherwin Williams is the place to go .

The paint was thicker and works so much better. We knew that we didn't have to use primer this time but just like last time we did.

Our house is really looking great. Too much time wasted with lowes.

Original review posted by user Sep 07, 2013

We bought a house and moving in should be quick, even with painting the inside. We picked out colors and bought satin paint. Expensive paint that a Lowes said would cover the old paint, so we spent extra money for it. Even the light colors on our walls are bleeding through the slightly darker colors. So we've spent close to $400 so that we can go back and spend more to do more coats. Coats we were told wouldn't be needed except on real dark walls, if we were using lighter colors on them. After this I'm thinking Menards or even Walmart. Which is best if you have to do more than one coat anyway. Suzybear63@yahoo.com

Don't spend the extra money for paint with a primer in it. The paint and primer they sell at Menards or Home Depot won't work any better.

Do it right. Prime first, then paint.

Everyone these days are trying to cut corners by using the paint & primer in one. Always use a separate primer, no matter the gimmick. Most likely a second coat is always needed, so start that first coat with a quality primer.

@Anonymous

Yeah, we did. Ends up one of the rooms is going to be at least three coats and the paint is called Valspar signature paint and primer.

$35 a can but with the primer he put on first it should have been enough. Our neighbors used the same type and it only took one coat..

no extra primer needed even on the dark walls. :x

Loss

Lowes in Savannah, Georgia - The Installation that didn't happen!

I went to Lowes in Savannah, GA to purchase laminate plank flooring for my den. They sent 2 (of their best?) installers out to look at and measure my room. The carpet was already pulled up and they measured the bare concrete floor. I talked with them about laminate flooring. Even though they wrote on the installation order that there could be an issue with the floor not being level, they gave me no indication that laminate would not work because the concrete was not level. I purchased the floor and had it delivered, it took 2 weeks to get on the installation schedule. Yesterday when the installer (not the same one) came out to do the installation, he took one look and said he could not lay the floor because the concrete was not level. The response I got from the people in the store was they never knew if a product could be installed until the day of installation. I paid $35 for the measurement of my room and they refuse to refund my money because a service was rendered!! I also have asked that they send a truck to pick up the product; a day and a half later no one has called to schedule pick-up. Oh, and I received a bill in the mail for all of this last week!!
Service