Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes employee shattered my rear windsheild and has yet to reimburse me!!

Lowes employee shattered my rear windsheild and has yet to reimburse me!!
I went to pick up a load of lumber after placing a $600 phone order. As the employee was helping my husband load the plywood the employee shoved the corner of a piece of plywood into my trucks rear window and shattered it! The senior assistant manager in charge filled out a claim form and took some pictures gave us his business card and said we should be hearing from someone in 24-48 hours never gave us a copy or even showed us it or had us sign anything. Its now been over 48 hours and have heard NOTHING!! We own a pool cleaning business and couldn't work without a window due to the harsh chemicals in the back of the truck so we were forced to replace the window ourselves or lose income and not work! We called Lowes again today and was referred to the claims dept where we had to leave a voicemail and still have heard nothing but crickets on their end. Definitely the last time I will ever shop at any Lowes or refer them to anyone else. I shouldve known by the poor customer service support we received while ordering from the Oceanside,CA location that it was poor company to work with. Wish I would have gone to Home Depot before driving 30 minutes to the San Marcos, CA location!!

I am seeing a pattern here. I think someone from Lowes keeps leaving posts on others complaints calling them lazy and ***.

You are not fooling anyone Mr. get off your butt.

Kind of hard to load it ourselves when the dummy brought our phone order out on a forklift.

@Anonymous

You would have complained when it naturally took them longer to pull the order by hand. Plus the loaders probably had 10 orders like that before yours and another 10 after, I'd use a forklift too.

And people wonder why it's so hard to get someone to "help" them load something at a lumberyard. Something slips and now the customer wants big money in the way of "compensation". Load your own truck and you wouldn't have to worry about someone else touching it.

View more comments (3)
  • shattered windsheild

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Don't buy GE cooktops from Lowe's!

Purchased a GE ceramic cooktop from Lowe's. This cooktop sucks, and with Lowe's horrible appliance return policy-I wasn't able to return it. It took some time to realize what a piece of junk it was and by then it was too late. If you cook ANYTHING!, even boil eggs and the water bubbles onto the cooktop-it takes a lot of paper towels and a lot of ceramic cooktop cleaner to clean the mess up. Count on 15 minutes of scrubbing this cooktop with clean, dry paper towels to remove the residue from the cleaner and any food/grease particles that may be left on the stove.
ptprct

UPDATE! I called Lowe's corporate office to complain about this stove and they very graciously took the cooktop back and refunded my money.

A forever fan! Thank you Gary in Sarasota and Nicole in North Carolina!

quit being lazy and use a razor blade, takes anything of any glass surface, duh

Why would any retailer want to take back a used appliance that you haven't been able to keep clean? Glass cook tops take a lot of work to keep clean.

Once food gets burned on it gets harder and harder to clean off and some foods will eventually bond to the glass. It's not Lowes problem that you didn't do a little more research before you bought the product.

And how is this Lowes problem??

Perhaps your cooking ability may be the problem.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Danbury, Connecticut - Customer Assistance is Very Poor

I went to Lowes to pick up several items - closet brackets, drain cleaner, 2 cycle oil and taping spatulas. The surly sales assistant sent me to the wrong aisles and after 15 minutes of searching by myself, I beckoned to two employees who were standing doing nothing. They looked at me and walked away! I left my cart in the aisle and walked out. I drove a half mile to Home Depot and received much better service and easily found the items I needed. This is typical of this store and far different to the service at their Brunswick, Maine store. Lowes need to institute a better customer service training course for their employees.

I would shop Home Depot also, but I can not speak Spanish.

Runaround with Lowes

Bought a piece of junk Husqavarna riding mower that has had so many problems I don't have time to list them. I had two employees tell me on the phone at Lowes they were aware of a problem(s) with this mower. Sent an email to the company, ignored, on the phone to Husqavarna, they didn't know anything of course, but said the repair center through Lowes, with my extended warranty, would have recall and service information. Done with both companies, canceling my account of 13 years with Lowes and going down the road to use my new card at another retailer.

What you don't understand is that Lowes didn't make the mower. Your complaint is with Husqavarna.

You won't find other Home Stores do anything different than Lowes.

Mowers need to be repaired at a service center. They don't give you a new one or a refund.

• reliabilty

Lowes in Lithonia, Georgia - Different policys at each store

i was in need of 520 pc of an discontuined item that required that i travel to five different stores to acquire the disired number of piece. the first store was very helpful atl downtown they didnt have enough so the associated located the balance at other stores next was camp creek no problem i got what they had and they matched the price at the first store, next was lithonia the store that had the least they refused to match the price of the other two stores they said they dont price match with other lowes even if the item is discotinued . so i left over five hundred in merchandise for less than 30 dollars in price difference the tile is 148 but 118 every where else they only had 95 pieces. so i left every thing at the service desk and on to store number four purchased 140 pc at stockbrige then the balance at mcdononna store four out of five stores had the same price and was very helpful in locating what they did have. I am a contractor and lowes is my store but before i go there again i drive the extra miles to another store or even go to homedepot first and i hate homedepot. but for less than 30 cent a tile you lost a customer at that store sincerly kenneth browne

I can't wait to see your next post blaming Lowes for the tiles looking different because they are not from the same lot.

Sounds to me like 4 out of the 5 stores went against policy and 1 store decided they will follow policy and told you NO. You should feel fortunate all those other stores gave you a break that you shouldn't have gotten.

You're just angry because they told you no. Lots of small minded people can't accept no for an answer. I work for a competitor of Lowes and we have all sorts of policies that either people don't know about or choose to ignore. For example 2 years ago it became a policy store wide that we do not hold items for guest, however, depending on who you talk to they will probably hold the item for you.

I ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE NO I WILL NOT HOLD IT FOR YOU IT IS AGAINST STORE POLICY AND they will go other "Menards employees have held stuff for us." The reason this policy was put into place is because employee would hold items for people who would never show up and we would lose sales because the item was not on the shelf. This is just one example of a policy in the type of environment that is similar to Lowes. I have many other examples of policies that go ignored by most and followed by some. The problem is not Lowes, the problem is people in general.

It's a common problem in American, they choose to ignore minor rules to make their life more easy. In this situation the easy thing to do was just say YES TO YOU instead of dealing with a hot head who probably has an attitude problem.

@Heartless

Too bad you didn't fess up and print your name along with your customer service rant. I'll bet your boss knows who you are by your wording and your expression thought :)

There is no reason they should have to take a markdown in price from what is in their system. If one store decides to give you a deal be grateful you got a break there.

Stores are in business to make a profit.

Just because you got an employee in one store that doesn't understand that doesn't mean that the other stores need to give you the same deal. If they feel they can move the product without discounting it they are entitled to the profit they have coming to them.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Doors / worst service and company !!

I will never ever use lowes again. they have had our money since may 12 and it is now july 17th and we do not have what we paid for. I am beyond angry and they could not care any less. I advise people to use another company ! they did not measure correctly, the doors that came were wrong, they said they would comp us and they have not. we were told we would have a pre finished front door and it hasnt been touched, its still white, two weeks after installation. We will not ever use Lowes again! and I hope everyone can know that home depot or another option would be better!

Iol xcbxcbseryew357

Lowes in Frankfort, Kentucky - Paint Department

Just left local Lowe's, the paint department has young girls no very friendly and do not know the products.I wanted a floor and porch paint tinted, she said I could only have what was on the chart. The chart stated that it could be tinted with any Valspar color. This is the second time this week I have painted my front porch, the first time I used the Rescue paint as advertised on tv. It is terrible, shows every foot print. So I went to Sherwin Williams. I got better service. At Lowe's only two working and the line was long.
#681941

I worked at Lowes, a very short time, until I could get another job in the previous industry I worked for. There was one department I was completely qualified for.

There is hardly any training and no cross training. They would randomly put me in the paint department because the paint specialist went to lunch, went home, etc. I'll be truthful and say I probably messed some things up, but I always take responsibly. I didn't like working for a corporate company and mistreatment of employees.

Went back to a small company who does not micromanage. It's unfortunate, but they have employees who cover a department that are not qualified, someone has to do it, Lowes is usually short staffed, especially in the evenings.

#681902

Stand in their shoes for an hour? Really!!!

Not trained properly- organizations fault- underpaid is their fault period!! They accepted they position, they should take pride in their work and treat a customer with respect and if they don't know the answer, get the answer from management!!

Stop making excuses for the middle class, this is a time when we should stick together against these companies not treat each other like ***. Point the finger at the culprits LOWES for taking advantage of the in employment rate and hiring in qualified people to serve the people that make them rich.

What do you expect for service when these people are poorly trained and grossly underpaid. Stand in their shoes for an hour and see what it is like.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Moscow, Pennsylvania - TRYED TO HAVE DRYER FIXED UNDER WARRANTY - NO SHOW CONTRACTORS AND NO SUPPORT FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

On July 4th in the evening our whirlpool dryer broke - no heat. We purchased the dryer for $673.20 on 10/4/08, model #WED8300SW. Along with the purchase in good faith of them standing behind their product, we additionally purchased a 4 year extended warranty for $99.97. First thing on July 5th we called the extended warranty department and was initially told they couldn't come out until July 10th, I felt that was a long time to wait - we have a family of 5 doing an average of 2 loads of laundry per day!! They found an appointment for me on July 8th between the hours of 12 & 5. I took the day off of work and the gentleman (Dorsey). I called Mr. Dorsey myself and was told that Lowes never emailed him the information to service our dryer. He stated that he could come service our dryer on Wednesday the 10th at 2pm. I took another day off of work, Mr. Dorsey never showed again!!!! I left him 2 messages with no return call. I the extended warranty department and was told that now that it is Wednesday and nearing the end of another week, the soonest they could get someone to come now to service our dryer was on the 18th or 19th of July. I set up the appt for the 18th - was never sent an email confirming this appt yet again!!! I called the manager (Ryan) at our local Lowe's in Dickson City, PA and was told he would see what he could do. He calls me back and states that he called the extended warranty department and that Mr. Dorsey would be calling me to come for service sooner - well of course Mr. Dorsey never called again!! I then proceeded to call and speak with a supervisor at the warranty department and was told no one was available and would call me back shortly and again I never got that call either!! On July 11th I called the warranty department again and insisteed on speaking with the supervisor and after insisting on holding, several minutes later, a supervisor came to the phone and basically said there was nothing they could do more than schedule service. I insisted on speaking with coporate and was connected with the Customer Care Center and was told that the best thing to do was to file an official complaint and I would be contacted back within 24 hours. Well again that phone call never came!!! I called back on July 12th and got the run around and again and after being transferred to several people was connected with Sarah, she states she is in the executive department of Lowes under the President. Explained my situation to her and she told me she would investigate and call me back. When she called me back, she basically said the best option she could do was to have Lowes come pick up our dryer on the 14th and sevice would be done at Lowes on the 17th and they would return to us. I expressed that I have lost 2 days of work up to this point due to the no show's of Mr. Dorsey in additiion to the time away from my family and the extra money I had to pay to take my clothes to the laundry mat to have them dryed!!! In total I have lost around $450 due to loss time at work and laundry expenses!! She basically told me that they do not compensate for lost work time. I requested them giving us a new dryer and was told that wasn't going to happen- her words were "you are not getting a new dryer" that we didn't qualify for one under the terms of the warranty. We were sickened by the thought of a large company of this manner allowing their company to make numerous errors with hiring incompentent contractors for their service work and allowing their upper management to just ignore phone calls of their customers. I then sent an email to the president expressing my concerns on the 14th of July and on July 15th of course I had the pleasure of speaking with Sarah again. I told her that since I lost 2 days of pay due to the contractor not showing up - no my fault - I was at my home waiting for service that we wanted to be compensated with a refund on our warranty or a gift card to the store and was rudely denied!!

I can assure you that you are not the only wallflower at this dance. I used to work for an appliance company.

They have a real hard time finding competant service repairmen because in contract corporations will only pay about half of what it costs us to hire a service repairman. My ex-company had to hire a person who's job was to call thousands of SRC's asking if they would join. Only 1 in 20 would even entertain reading our contract.

If you want my advice, buy a used machine at a garage sale (50 bucks) and hire a local independant service repairman to fix it if it even needs repair. Most people throw away good appliances because of a operating error.

The SRC will charge 175 dollars plus the part.

Your clothes will never know the difference and you'll have more cash for clothes! :zzz

Lowes Foods

Moved here three years ago from neighboring county.Thanks to bad economy food prices have gotten ridiculous. Lowes Foods in Mountain View south of Hickory NC is the worst. They must have done some kind of research and found a lot of high income retirees in the area. They draw you in with sales and except for those items you can not afford anything. Everything is almost double price. A 3.00 item in any other store costs at least 5.50 and in some cases more. The prices are unaffordable and you would think the government would regulate such none sense. The only people you ever see are parked in the parking lot?. Must be in neighboring stores. Maybe this will right itself.
#681946

Knowing this is in the wrong complaint area, you should shop somewhere else, problem solved. And why would we want to regulate just another thing.

They have too much control in the first place.

Once again, you posted in the wrong section.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Hickory, North Carolina - High Prices

Update by user Jul 15, 2013

Lowes Foods not hardware.

Original review posted by user Jul 15, 2013

Moved here three years ago from neighboring county. Thanks to bad economy food prices have gotten ridiculous. Lowes Foods in Mountain View south of Hickory NC is the worst. They must have done some kind of research and found a lot of high income retirees in the area. They draw you in with sales and except for those items you can not afford anything. Everything is almost double price. A 3.00 item in any other store costs at least 5.50 and in some cases more. The prices are unaffordable and you would think the government would regulate such none sense. The only people you ever see are parked in the parking lot. Must be in neighboring stores. Maybe soon this will right itself.

You may want to repost this on the Lowes Foods complaints, not the Lowess Home Improvement complaints

• Lowes FoodHigh Prices