store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Lowes - Saw Review from Lockport, New York

Dear Sir   Good morning I'm James Weaver I'm writing you in regards to a complaint I know you would want to be made aware of. As a police officer I know how challenging the public can be. With that being said I'm not trying to add to the challenge of rude customers or complaining ones. I'm not asking for any discount I just want a follow up and maybe even a apology if you feel it's necessary.   On or about may 3 2014 I purchased a Rockwell sonic saw to complete a project at home. I purchased the saw at Lowe's in Winchester Virginia. When I got it home  I started my project. The saw worked for about a hour and then stopped.  I purchased the saw in Winchester due to having a newborn baby with complications and he was in that hospital. My local store is woodstock Va.    So I decided to return saw for only a exchange the at woodstock va store on may 11 2014.   As I approached the return desk and greeted your employee Carroll, she was working the return desk. I explained to her that I purchased the saw at lowes in Winchester using my lowes credit card and wanted to only exchange the broken one for a new one. Carroll asked me do you have your receipt ? I stated no ma'am I do not, however I purchased the product with my Lowes credit card.  That it should be on record. Carroll for what ever reason rolled her eyes and and made a face to my reply which I did not understand. In my profession body language means alot.   Carroll stated that since I didn't have a receipt I needed to return the product to Lowes in Winchester Va. I replied ma'am you are my local Lowes. She said then why did you buy this from Winchester? I said cause my baby was in the hospital there. She said well you should take it there. I said it's fifty miles out of our way. I asked Carroll to speak to a manger she stated she was trying to help me a however, she refused to get a manager instead she called one on the phone.... Terry....  She walked away continued talking to Terry. As she was talking another employee snatched my box with saw in it and opened it and said well you are missing the dust bag. I said sir it didn't come with a bag and I pointed to the box on the back showing him what came with it. He said well this has been used. I said yes for about a hour before it broke I've already explained all of this to Carroll.  By then Caroll returned and told me that Terry said she could not exchange it due to me not having a receipt. I asked you can't look the purchase up using my card. She said no because you bought it in another store I can't....  I said can you call Winchester Va store and confirm I bought it.. She said Terry said not to.   She handed the box back and my wife and I left...... Sir I just bought a 3300 dollar husquvana lawn mower from your woodstock store....... And you can't exchange a fifty dollar saw...? This to me was the worst customer service I've ever experienced..... I called the Winchester Va store and spoke to the manager Jason he stated he couldn't believe what they did and he would have exchanged it and they could have looked the purchase up using my  lowes card..... Is this true?    I called Terry at woodstock Lowes to confirm this... He denied ever telling Carroll not to look it up. I don't understand the hassle I received by Carroll and Terry at the woodstock Va Lowes.... I'll be honest with you it has me so upset I'm paying my Lowes card off immediately and closing my account out and I will not ever shop Lowes again.... I will also let everyone I know, hear about the pitiful poor tasteless service I received by Carroll and Terry at Lowes in woodstock Va.      Former  loyal customer James Weaver

Don't let that kind of service by one employee give you the idea that the whole store is like that. I worked at that lowe's for 2 years and even worked the returns department.

The reason why they could not look up your purchase at that particular store, was because the system cannot look into other stores records. The only thing they can do is look at inventory if you need to find an item that is out of stock at that store. You would need to take that item back to get your refund unfortunately. But that cashier in particular can be like with some of them a bit of a *** Terri on the other hand was a very nice and reasonable person but did have to fallow policy especially because he was not the head honcho there.

Though a manager, he was not the head manager. I don't know how old this is but if you have another problem ask to speak with Tim. He is the store manager. But remember what I told you you need to return it to the store you purchased it at.

They can look it up through your phone number, credit card, lowe's card, or receipt but only if its through that store. I hope this is helpful there really are nice people there.

DO Not trust LOWES to ordering door, windows,... and Installation

I went to LOWES in April14 to visit door department and if good, placed an order for that. I gave them my measurement and required photos and they gave me estimate price of 900$, it was not bad; so asked them to go a head with that. They charged me 40$ to do the measurement. Firstly, it took more than two weeks to come for measurement, then they gave me a quote of 1500$ for the same request and even I received the final quote after 5 days . My measurement and theirs was exactly the same, but the price was doubled of their primary estimate. I believe this is their trick to attract you first, then charge you 40$ and kill your time and finally forced you to continue with them. I DO NOT TRUST THEM ANY MORE AND RECOMMEND NOT TO DO ANY PROJECT WITH THEM.

You have it all wrong, originally it was on sale. After two weeks and five more days it was back to regular price, that's why the price jumped.

Happens all the time at my store. Customers are just not very bright and do not understand how sale prices work.

@SharkNasty

Still a scam if you ask me. He agreed to the quoted price. If was on sale Lowes should honor the price, not his fault it took so long to get out and measure the windows.

Bear U
@SharkNasty

Mr SharkNasty... I'm glad you are such a "know-it-all"!!!

How do you know the item was on sale??? See I had the same scam attempted to be run on me. The installer added a bunch of material after he came to measure and of course labor to install that material, to a job installing some doors.

The material was never used nor installed and only after bringing the store manager and installer to my house together and having them remove some trim, was I able to show the Lowes people that the material was NOT installed.... This scam is seems to be derived by the store and made to benifit both the installer and Lowes store since there is added cost for material that is not used and cost for labor not performed.

Based on my previous experience with Lowes installers I will never have anything else installed by Lowes or their installers!!!!

Lowes Estimate
Loss
My husband and I purchased at least $160 of Olympic rescue it stain to do our deck last summer and it's already peeled off and the biggest mess and rip off ever! We were assured at purchase it had a great warranty and would be perfect for our deck. It didn't last...

I had the same issue with Olympic Elite. Spend $1500 in stain just to have it crack and split my brand new deck!

$10,000 worth of wood not to mention labor ruined.

They will refund my money on the stain, not the decking even though we were told that they would replace the entire deck when we purchased the stain. DO NOT EVER buy PPG products.

View more comments
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Bought a troy-bilt lawnmower and wrote a negative review that got rejected | Lowes review

I bought a lawn mower and a two year warranty from Lowes about a year ago. Used it 4 or 5 times and the mower would not start. They quoted me $145 repair cost due to regular gasoline use which caused the damage. The excuse was that damages related to fuel are not covered by their warranty; i.e. you use a regular gasoline that mower is designed for, it breaks, and they have a nice loophole not to repair it for free. I wrote a review stating the issue on Lowes website and they did not want to publish it. Now I know why all reviews on their site have an unusually high good ratings; they do not allow any negative reviews to be published. What a scam!!!

Loophole? You need to be using an additive to protect your equipment from harm.

Ethanol is extremely toxic to small engines. You should have educated yourself on lawn mowers before using/purchasing one.

I highly recommend in the future that you use and Ethanol treatment to protect your mowers from LOOPHOLES, LOL.

Lowes Website

Lowes - Customer Service Review from Tucson, Arizona

This is not the first time this has occurred at the Plant City store. Walk in the store, pass more than 10 associate not one of them acknowledge us or say hello how can I help you. We stood directly next to an associate in the flooring department and he had the audacity to completely ignore us. I would rather drive all the way to Valrico or Lakeland just to go to Home Depot. Lowes associates are inconsiderate, rude, and do not provide customer service.

Are you sure that you're not invisible? If you are it's not really fair to blame Lowe's for your lack of visibilty..

Review

Purchased several hundreds of dollars worth of material | Lowes review from American Fork, Utah

No one offered to help find material, then when we rolled up with 3 carts full of building material we were asked to move them to another cashier..once at the cashier another employee moved our carts out of the way so they could get a fork lift into the building, but didnt offer to help load it as the truck was sitting right out side the door. After the cashier was done he watched us load all the matierial into the truck and not offer to help, just leaned on the counter. Its not that we couldnt load it alone, but some of the items were heavy, and it would have been nice to offer. this is not the first time we have experiened this but it is the last time. We will no longer order or buy anything from Lowes and have let others know of the experiences we have had, encouraging them to go else where.

Did you even ASK FOR HELP TO LOAD IT? Seriously you expect others to ask to help you, but you're not willing to do the same.

Read very carefully you wanted these items it's your responsibility to load these items and unload them, not come online and complain because you did not get help loading them when you DIDN'T ASK FOR HELP. The best part is when your kind do get help and still complain because it wasn't done perfectly to your desire.

Most people who can get their product out of their vehicle when they can get home can load it in their vehicle as well. I expect that if they had loaded it for you you would be complaining they didn't follow you home, help you unload it and build your project as well.

You also seem to expect the cashier to come outside and load your product. If they did that you would be complaining there weren't any cashiers to check you out because they were all outside. You don't seem to understand how stores work.

You need to hire a contractor to do your home improvements. They will buy the product and get it to your home for you as part of their job.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Cashier
Loss

This is NOT a complaint.....This is an ALERT!! | Lowes review from Atlanta, Georgia

How they do it!!! Lowes frequently offers FREE or cheap carpet installation. It's a GIMMIC copied from Home Depot back in 2006. ALL carpet prices and pad prices were raised prior to the start of this promotion which continues to this day. One carpet went from $1.99sf to $2.99 (most others not quite so much). Basic labor was $75 cents sf to include install, take up & haul away, move basic furniture. So for 1000 sf the labor would have been $750 but now it's either FREE with Stainmaster or cheap with other carpets. But if you bought the $2.99 carpet indicated you were paying 1000sf x $1.00 or $1,000 more for the carpet which more than paid for the so-called cheap install. PLUS the price of pad went up too. End result Lowes makes more from a FREE or cheap install than they did before. Beware of cheap labor prices and only look at the TOTAL install price before making an educated decision. This practice also applies to Home Depot.

Actually if you could do a little math we make very little on our carpet installs. We as a company understand that most consumers can neither read or write so don't bother yourself.

Review

Belittled by Manager and Customer service agent | Lowes review from Dover, Delaware

I called the manager of Lowe's to complain about the operator mocking me over the phone and laughing at my ent, his answer to me was "I apologize, but she has worked here for 7 years and they have never received a complaint about her, and that she was probably laughing about something else." Can we really call this an apology, no, I did not call it an apology because basically or in little words he was telling me I was lying or I was wrong, I taught the customer was always right. Not at Lowe's. I just tried to complaint about the way I was treated and to my surprise I was also belittled by the manager. Not a happy customer and will never shop there again.
#1320728

Yeah Wednesday morning I said hello to her.. no response

#1320650

Cashier at commercial exit has a serious attitude

This is the worst Lowes in the state! I heard hey just fired their best manager - the other guys sucks & you never get a straight answer.

I always asked for Tom - & never heard anything negative about him. Get it together Lowes...you lost a top notch employee:-(

I've found that most of the time when people say they will never shop somewhere again they are right back in there the next week.

The customer is almost never right. I highly suggest you drop that entitled attitude. You must realize you're dealing with people and cannot treat them like garbage because your the customer.

I'm lol at u for being ***

Ha ha ha!!! Im laughing at you too! GROW UP

They weren't calling you a liar. They were making it clear you were mistaken. Grow up wussy.

i would hardly call the way the manager spoke to you as "belittling" do you even know what the definition is?

i've had a hard copy of the oxford dictionary for some time and it says the same thing.

so yes you can call it an apology you clearly said he said "i apologize" at the beginning of it. just because it's not the one YOU wanted doesn't make it a NON apology.

he was trying to explain how he had a GOOD employee without a complaint before and was trying to explain how she was more likely laughing at something else not your "ent" whatever that is btw i have NO idea.

he didn't say you were wrong but mistaken. there is a difference.

mistaken http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/mistaken?q=mistaken wrong http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/wrong?q=wrong very different as you can see if you read them he was clearly telling you that you were mistaken not that you were wrong or lying. next i think you mean "i THOUGHT the customer was always right" not "i taught the customer was always right" that i'm afraid is NOT true it's a marketing gimmick made up to keep customers complacent and make them feel more valuable then they are on a small scale. true every customer should matter to ANY business.

but large corporations like Lowe's and others in the end ONE person really isn't all that important to them. so long as they meet the bottom line for the more important person which is the stockholders. so in closing i'd also like to link this too belittle http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/belittle?q=belittle i link that because you claim they belittled you because they gave you an apology you didn't accept as one and an explanation you took the wrong way making you think they were telling you were wrong or lying. if you were really this upset you should have gone to Lowe's and looked up their corporate contact info and complained there.

i know for a fact no company wants to get a call from their coporate offices over customer relations issues. it's a nightmare for all.

oh and one more thing just what the *** is the "ent" that you claim the person was laughing about? i'd like to know

She was laughing at your ent? What is an ent?

View more comments (9)
Lowes Manager

Lowes scams you on zero financing

Last year, I did the 0% APR financing promotion at Lowes and did several purchases, thinking that if I paid $100 each month, I would eventually pay off the amount with no finance charges. I was dead wrong. So this is how Lowes 0% APR works. Each month, they applied 90% of my payments to the most recent promotion, and 10% to the earlier ones. This way, when the earlier promotions expired, they charged me with bigger finance fee because the balance on the older promotion is higher. I called their 1800's # and explained the situation to them. They turned around and told me that I should have known better that I should have called them re how to apply the payments. When I asked if they can waive the $100 finance charges if I paid the balance amount in full, they told me that the promotions already expired 2 months ago and they can't do anything. Funny thing is I also have the same situation with Home Depot card, but with them it's a $1000 finance charge. When I called Home Depot and asked them if they would waive the $1000 interest fee. They told me if I paid balance amount in full, they would waive the fee. Again, this was 2 months after the promotion have been expired. I paid the full balance on the phone and a week later, not only did the $1000 finance was waived, but also the extra month of $89 was also waived as well. I closed my account with Lowes and vowed never to user their credit card service again. Lowes was willing to loose a customer on a $100 fee, but Home Depot was willing to retain a customer by loosing a $1000 fee. I now know who is a better company.

This is why most people shouldn't have credit cards.

You need to read credit applications when you apply for a card. They explain how your payments are credited.

They didn't scam you, you just didn't take time to read their terms. You also need to understand Lowes doesn't issue credit, it's the credit card company who's policies you aren't clear about.

You do know Lowe's and Home Depot have nothing to do with the credit card after the application right? Both cards are managed by banks.

GE Capital manages the Lowe's card and CitiBank manages the Depot card. Your gripe has nothing to do with the stores themselves.

Lowes Credit Card

Lowes North Brampton - Unorganized and staffed with under par employees

BEWARE LOWES NORTH BRAMPTON - Neil Richardson. This guy works at the contractor desk and is useless. He has cost me close to $600 in losses on a $3000 order. I paid for everything in advance, gave him part numbers, a delivery schedule. He screwed everything up, he delivered the wrong parts, the wrong delivery date. I went to see him 3 times before shipping, spoke to him 5 times, sent him 6 emails before shipping. The guy is totally useless. He is an older guy and you feel you can trust him. DON'T! Stay away from this guy. He was supposed to call me back with pricing and delivery confirmation yesterday and to date has not.

Blame it to Mr. Niblock since He wants all new people that don't know anything about anything, since they have the iPhone. Also They have never built or fixed and never done a thing in there live.

He is not your personal shopper, get a cart and pick out the stuff yourself.

@Gary Edwards

Thank you Mr. Edwards!! I have known Neil for years and he goes above and beyond every single day.