Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I have been doing business with Lowe's for many years. I applied for tax exempt status several years ago and received my number from the IRS. I farm and use quite a bit of farming supplies and do not have a problem in most places when I use my tax exempt number;...

similar problem with my local lowes not excepting Texas Ag and Timber Tax exempt & Military discount at the same time when regional policy states neither benefit to the purchaser effects the other. Military discount is thanks to service Texas Ag and Timber Tax Exempt is Texas thanks to farmers one is store one is state I shouldn't be punished for being a veteran farmer and the store doesn't loose anything by honoring both at checkout N. Abilene Lowe's 1634 Musgrave Blvd Abilene, TX 79601, Store #2719 Store Phone: (325) 690-5670 Fax: (325) 690-5673 ProServices Desk: (325) 690-5698

View more comments

Can't Depend on Lowes.com or Their Vendors

I ordered a custom screen door from Lowes.com. The scheduled ship date was 5 - 7 days. About a week later, Lowes.com showed that my door was ready for pick-up at my local store. After making a special trip to the store, all I got was bewildered looks. They didn't have my door and couldn't even give me a status of the door. To make a long story short, about 3 1/2 weeks and 10 phone calls later, I finally received a call from the local store that my door had arrived. They seemed so proud that they had finally done something. We made another special trip to the store. As soon as we got home, we opened the nicely packaged door only to find that it was busted in two places. It is completely unusable. Lowes.com customer service was nasty to me when I called to complain. The only thing they offered me was to send someone out to pick up the door and they are supposed to refund my money. I'm not holding my breath. I have been a loyal Lowes customer for 20+years and have spent thousands of dollars at this store. This experience burned me. I will never spend another dime at Lowes. Evidently Lowes is so big that they don't care about losing a single customer (me). I am telling everyone I know about this fiasco. Home Depot will receive all of my future business.

The door had been shipped and handled properly, as evidenced by the good condition of the packaging. The damage to the door was serious, and could have only occurred at the factory prior to packaging.

Lowes, as all companies, is responsible for the performance of its suppliers. A company is only as good as its suppliers. The larger issue, is that Lowes has so little respect for their customers that they launched an online system that is dysfunctional. It appears Lowes also has little respect for their employees as well, given that some expressed frustration with troublesome nature of the system.

This was far from our first disappointment with Lowes.

We attributed previous issues such as obviously un-useable/defective/damaged merchandise sneaked into our order to a sole "bad actor".

Our latest experience exposed to us a customer-hostile culture which apparently pervades the organization at numerous levels. We will have nothing more to do with a company who regards customers who have a legitimate complaint as a customer who thinks they walk on water.

Tags
  • Lowes screen doors
  • Screen Tight doors

Lowes pre-paid gift cards on their time-frame not yours

A over a year ago, I spent over $6000 to install new french doors and storm doors--which you both, now, have passed through many times. As an incentive/inducement for the job, I was given a $400 pre-paid gift card. I was glad to get it and had plans to use it for the purchase of a new high efficiency heat pump water heater that I was going to purchase from Lowe's. I didn't even detach the card from the letter, placed it in a drawer, and looked forward to the purchase of water heater at a significant discount when I was ready for the project. Today, I tried to use the card and found it VALUELESS. . When I checked the www.myprepaid.info website, it gave me a terse message and an 800 number (1-800-731-3248). I called the number, after navigating the typical gauntlet of tele-prompts and speaking with a very apologetic customer service rep, I was told the card was VALUELESS. I had kept it past the expiration date, and there was nothing they could do. I then called Lowe's customer service number, explained the situation, was placed on hold, and then after a dropped call and a repeat explanation to another rep was given another 800 number (800-733-7152). That rep also told me the card was VALUELESS. I have attached two images of the letter and the card. I would like to draw your attention to the message HIDDEN under the card which I did not see until today--explaining that the card would not be replaced beyond the expiration date. I wonder how many other people have waited for a planned project and had the rug pulled out from under them as I have. I strongly support an investigation of practices of businesses using pre-paid cards to lure unsuspecting purchasers and then pulling the rug out from under them. This shady practice by LOWE's marketing screwed up my dream of getting rid of an ancient oil fired water heater and replacing it with a highly efficient heat pump, cheated me out of out of $400 and cheated the government of the sales tax.

I happen to work for Lowe's. I get so sick of people like you calling in and asking "I sat on this thing and never read it and I burned my receipt and I have my thumb up my $%&*@ also I use 10 different phone numbers and don't understand why I have so many records" and I, as an innocent customer care rep trying to earn a living, must listen to you gripe about how you totally failed to cover your own *** and it is now our fault.

CONSUMERS: PLEASE READ THE THINGS YOU ARE GIVEN. IF YOU RECEIVE A CHECK, CASH IT. IF YOU GET A CARD, CHECK FOR AN EXPIRATION DATE.

It's not a "trick" to specify that something will not be replaced past the expiration date...

in what world and at what place of business WILL they replace something past the expiration date? How- er- challenged are you that you didn't read the *** thing? It's four hundred dollars- for me that's enough money to pay attention to like a smart person. We're not here to wipe your butts if you won't even TRY to be an informed consumer.

Stop wasting our time and your money and we'll all be happier. I speak for all CSRs everywhere I'm sure, not just from the company I currently work for.

Nobody makes free money easy- that's why you have to be vigilant on your own behalf. No decently run company would do it for you.

Actually, you are wrong. The expiration date is NOT printed on the card at all.

The date is on the letter, BUT the card is intentionally placed OVER the date to obscure it.

Having worked in this kind of marketing before, the reason to obscure the date is so that people don't take the call of action to redeem the card--and when the card expires, it's the victim's fault--not the marketing perpetrator who keeps the redemption numbers low and cuts costs.

I fail to see how it's anyone's fault other then yours? You held on to the card past its expiration date.

Which I might add is very clearly printed on every single pre-paid credit card. Next time you will know better.

View more comments (2)

Update for lowes

Nothing has changed as far as lowes honoring themextended warrenty of bf lawn tractor. They brought it back a month later and we had to pay 70.00 because they say there is nothing wrong with it.We have called them and they dont return our calls as they say they will which is 1 business day. They ignore u or pass it on to someone else. We have asked for the CEOs number and they will not give it to us. We were told by some friends which nows about these things that if he keeps using it the pistons or rings will go. We wanted to be reembursed for the warrenty but still no progress. LOWES SUCKS and will NEVER do business with them again.
#671962

You asked for the CEO'S phone number, now that is funny

#671999
@the ceo

well we figured we werent getting anywhere with the million we talked to they just kept passing us to someone else.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Springfield, Missouri - vets discount

I'm a disabled vet and get a small check every month. Lowes gives me a 10% discount and so does HD. They don't have to do this and I sure do appreciate it. If they stopped the 10% I would still shop there. Vets complain way too much in my humble opinion. If a clerk messes with you ask for the top manager. I just went through this at HD and the manager corrected the problem on the spot to my satisfaction. Just remember the clerks are human and do have bad days. Don't blame the company. They are in a very tough business.

Thank you for your service.

In the store I work at we are told we aren't allowed to accept certain types of military ID.

That corporate passed a policy. When we try to enforce the policy management disregards their earlier instructions making us look bad.

Sometimes when a cashier says we aren't supposed to its because that's what we were told to do. Just felt like saying its not because we are jerks.

#671964

Now you are a person of understanding and honor. Thank you for your service and not acting on entitlement.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi - Refused Venerans Discount

For several years I have been pleased to shop at Lowes. I have been using the same debit card all of those years for both business and home purchases at multiple Lowes stores. This time, Sally declined the discount because my debit card had a business name on it. I explained that I use my business account for both home and business purchases and only use the veterans discount for home purchases. She did not believe me, therefore labeling me, a decorated veteran, unscrupulous. I put it to her that I could easily withdraw cash from an ATM with my debit card and make the same purchase, thereby circumventing their policy. She agreed to honor the discount if I did this. Whose the unscrupulous one?

Veterans complain more than anyone on here... You people are the most self entitled bunch I ever met...

"Oh poor me denied my 10% DISCOUNT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE COMPANIES!

I JOINED THE MILITARY SO I WOULD GET MY 10% DISCOUNT!" Seriously, you should be embarrassed for taking the time to cry about this online. I asked a co-worker who is in the army and he says people like you are a disgrace to the people who are in the military.

I get tired of "decorated" veterans *** about not getting a discount. If what you served for was to get a discount I feel sorry for you.

Bull *** you probably didn't have a military ID

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Refused Veterans Discount

Lowes not honoring rebate

I bought a expensive dryer online at Lowes on 3/2/2013 order number 295135225 Total price was over 840 dollars. It was a Maytag Dryer -Model Med 7500 YW . A rebate was offered if you bought an appliance over a certain amount however they refused to honor the rebate.They rejected my rebate and did not send me notice. I only found out about calling them I will never shop at Lowes again. ( By the way the Dyrer is recommended but buy it at Home Depot -it had a lower price at Home Depot . I bought it at Lowes because with rebate it would have cheaper

Lowes in Killeen, Texas - Maybe you get your delivery maybe not

About two weeks ago I bought a fridge they told me it would be a two week wait on the delivery so today it was suppose to be delivered from 12-3 okay took off work to make process easier took old one in garage so pick up would be easier. Well 3 came and went I called they said they r running late but will be there in bout 45 minutes ok that came and went. I called and got someone who said call back later hung up called back got a different person who tells me they are running late so I have to reschedule I ask for a manager who told me he called me back in ten minutes I could hear the worker in the back ground talking bout how rude I was and I just ask for a manager. Well a different manager called me explain that they were behind and probably not today okay I ask can I get first thing in the morning I got maybe maybe not. Okay can I get a estimated time so I won't miss 2 days of work sometime tomorrow. So I will put off work another day any Friday plans I might have to wait and see. Home Depot will be where I shop from now on.

I bought a wall oven from Lowes and was told it would be 2 weeks before it gets here and at the same time the employee told me that it may be here before then but cant give me any definite date. Once the item arrived at the store I was then told that it would be delivered on the date I requested but no time frame.

This really sucks have to *** from work and sit around all day waiting.

When it comes to deliveries I prefer shopping at Home Depot.At least you get a date and time or approx. Very inconvenient delivery process that Lowes have.Wish I could have found the item at Home Depot.

Technically you wouldn't be putting off any Friday plans unless those plans you were referring to would happen to be work that you mentioned at the beginning of your statement.

Get enough deliveries this will happen on a regular basis?

Why? Deliveries are scheduled based upon how long the average delivery/install for said items take. However, you will have traffic delays, customers that keep asking for more instruction, houses that too small of opening for the new upgraded appliance,

Houses that only have access from the alley but the truck can't fit down the alley, etc., etc.

These are unseen and unable to be planned for.

When you asked if you can have it in the morning and were told

"Maybe. Maybe not." It was because whatever caused the first delay, more than likely effected many other deliveries as well. This person didn't want to be too specific if they couldn't be sure. There would be no benefit for them to vague for the *** of it.

These same issues effect Home Depot, Sears and everyone else because delivery drivers have yet to discover how to change the laws of physics

Hey wonering, Lowes has twice as many complaints then HD does. You are an Id*ot

I'll take it you haven't taken the time to look at the Home Depot posts on Pissed Consumer.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in New York, New York - Corporate

Once again Im having issues with our replacment Garden Treasures cabana top, by the way 2nd one this summer!!!! And have had to buy new every year since we purchase this 600 dollar item from you! If your going to offer replacement parts at least sell the public the same one that came with their product~~~We could have built a nice wooden cabana off the back of our home with the money we have spent on replacement parts for this *** cabana~~ We were satisfied at first until we had to start ordering a new top every yr~~~~~~~~~ Make it right~~~~~

Lowes in Coral Gables, Florida - Lowe's

I tried to enter the "Guest Satisfaction Survey" and could not get on to the www.lowes.com/survey. It takes you to about 30 - 50 other sites but not to the lowe's survey. Is this just a trick to waste your time trying to search for this survey? Why not make if easier to enter the survey if you are really serious about giving away $5,000.00. Lowe's must not want to hear what people are trying to tell them about their stores. I hope they get enough complaints to change the site to enter the guest satisfaction survey for a chance to win a $5,000.00 gift card (to spend at Lowe's).

I'm pissed about this too, but it's not Lowe's fault. All the other sites have overridden the official Lowes site and you just can't get to it. I'm not sure how this gets solved, but I found "pissed consumer - lowes survey" first and still can't find the official lowes site.