Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Drums, Pennsylvania - Sony gift cars

I orderd a gift card in July, 2013. It never arrived, although I had received these same cards in the past. I called twice, was told there was a disclaimer: if the card did not arrive at my mailbox, they have no responsibility to replace it, even though I was told by the first responder that the card had not been activated. The second responser said the card would be devalued August 16, 2013, but I still would not get my card, due to their disclaimer. I also paid 11.63 to have my order come to 6500 points. I believe there are numerous complaints like mine, and wonder if a class action lawsuit might encourage Sony to honor their cards.

Who orders gift cards, so weird. And you put the complaint on Lowes' page, yet at the end you blame Sony?? Which is it??

Lowes Gift Card
  • sony gift card

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - POOR POOR service and installed sales

After dealing with you for months now over multiple issues regarding a remodel project of a small beach condo I have never experienced such sad and sorry customer service. We waited 15 days for flooring to be installed from June 15th - July 1st thinking we would be able to occupy the unit after the flooring was in. Having the installer come on July 1st and refuse to install the floor. We then had to go back a different flooring product and install it ourselves having to wait until July 4th before we could occupy the condo. So roughly 17days numerous hotel charges paid out of pocket because this is a 2nd home away from our main house and we were having to pay to stay in hotels waiting on the project to be done. Had we know on June 15th you would not install the floor we would have then done the project ourselves (as we ended up doing) saving ourselves much out of pocket expense and stress. After buying a complete kitchen with Lowe's Shenandoah Cabinets $9,244.54, Luna Eco By Cosentino Countertops $3,588.88, Bruce Hardwood Flooring $1,409.68, Stain Master Carpet $2,486.69, Whirlpool Dishwasher, microwave and Freg @ $1,747.17, Whirlpool washer and dryer $1,438.44, bathroom shower door @ $329, bathroom shower pan at $550, numerous boxes of bathroom and kitchen tile at more than a $1,000 and numerous trip to the Lowe's store to buy small items to get all this construction done and you offer me a $300 gift card for the stress and time the store at Hwy 17 bypass in Myrtle Beach has caused my family this summer. Waiting days for no floor, weeks with no microwave, watching the delivery men drop a washing machine off the truck into the yard and they still want to bring it in the house with dents and scratches and you think $300 is a fair compensation. Multiple phone calls to Deb Boyles and Lynn Barlow at the Lowe's Home Install Sales office in Mooresville, waiting days and weeks for them to return a phone call which they never do you have to call them and demand a conservation and now dealing with the Regional Production Manager Matt Buchanan who offers me a $300 gift card which I refuse. If nothing else I hope my rants cause Lowe's to suffer $300 in lost sales from any of my family or friends who may be considering a trip to Lowe's or either a new home project. I for one will not shop with Lowe's again unit I am compensated $1,160.92 the cost of the wood floor which we laid. Does this sound like a lot of money after the dollars I have spent at your store in the past months not to mention all the projects we have done with Lowe's at our real house. For the pain and stress it has caused my family this summer, the time and effort I have spent chasing people down (all Lowe's) to get the jobs done and the out of pocket expense for hotels waiting on work to be done that was never done. Before you start a home project with Lowe's please read this and think is this the kind of customer service I want or the type of stress you need in your life. Ask me would I do it again? No, not at Lowe's.

IIt,s foolish to buy an installed project hrough a retail store. Hire your own contractor so you have control over he project.

When you go through a retail store they hire sub contractors who fit you into their schedules. You have an extra layer of people to work through and they are charging you to get involved. Save the money and deal with the contractors yourself.

Next time you grt into a project like this read the reviews first. You have no one to blame but yourself.

• installed sales

Lowes Refuses To Honor Extended Warranty!

I bought an extended 5 year warranty for our front loading washer only to have them tell me they are refusing to honor it due to where they put the serial number sticker. They put it on the inside of the washer where it was wet and rubbed by the door over and over and because they can't read the numbers, they refuse to fix it! Our of several stickers on this machine, this is the only sticker that is so worn you cannot read it! We have only had the washer for coming up on 3 years. I will never buy from Lowes again due to their unethical business practices!

Lowes did not put the serial number sticker there, the manufacturer did. Also, extended warranties are a waste of money.

These extended warranties are not backed by Lowes, but an outside company. If you want to blame anyone, blame the manufacturer and yourself.

Lowes Warranty
  • lowes extended warranty

Lowes in Maple Shade Township, New Jersey - Fencing

A sales person came out no literature . We were looking for pool code fence in backyard. We referenced one from The store and when the sales man came out we also were interested in getting our front yard done .the fence we referenced for the back they charged us 15.00 more Panel because they don't install what they stock at store ???? Wtf found out after the fact. So the front yard the my wife referenced one she seen in the neighborhood yet again no literature . Sales man canceled contract signing so wife went out and he came when mother in law was here and let her sign contract b/c she finAnced it for us ??? My wife questions it when we got a receipt I'm mail " what did we order for for front yard. They said look it up by the sku# ... She could not they said o sometimes you can't , so sales man Called did not come here and said you know dog ear Floridian our most popular one a standard Pickett fence . My wife trust him and thought it was one they looked at in the neiborhood" never trust a professional sales man from lowes" once again never showed her a picture . It looked like a privacy fence that was a foot off the ground . Wheeled and dealed with us like a used car lot but wanted us to pay 750 for not admitting blame for the the sales man mistake all said and done it came down to them charging us 250 for a new install which I feel we should not pay any thing but the store manager said I have to pay something because I did not admit to any blame for not stoping the installation . It was to late to stop anything. Instead of lowes paying the 250 to fix problem they agreed to take fence out and refund out money . What *** resolve for there customer service coming from a store manager over 250 dollars

Do you know how to write a proper argument? Your post totally lacks detail and cohesion.

Lowes did not force you to buy anything and they did not create this problem. The problem is your comprehension.

And like you stated above your lack of effort to stop someone from installing something you did not want to begin with in the first place. Oh sure that's not the fencing I really wanted but go a head and install it anyways..............

@Heartless

Heartless is an appropriate name for you.

@Heartless

Heartless is very smart. He is just trying to educate the ignorant that is running rampant on these forums. Way to go Heartless, yet another sound review of the real problem!

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation
  • Loews customer service

Lowes in Durant, Oklahoma - Washer broken waiting for service

My mother purchased washer on the 4/29/2013.Middle of July stopped working called for appointment.Appointment set for 8/7/2013.Service repair person arrived 4pm and left 6pm after taking nap leaned up against wall where washer was located.Came back in house after being out in his truck I guess he was smoking because he smelled of cigarette smoke.He said he has to order part and would get back in touch.As of Monday no response called Lowes Spoke with Asst.store manager which was a waste of time.We have been unable to wash clothes for a month.They said if I had bought an extended warrant they would have give us a loner.I asked why stores don't stand behind products anymore that is the industry standard after 30 days they will have it repaired I told him that I should get a working one they could wait for the repair person.I have bought a lot from Lowes but I will drive 45 miles now to buy from Home depot.
Loss

Lowes quietly cancelled garage door order

I placed an order online for two garage doors 6/22/13; the estimated delivery to the store was 7/12. Lowes sent me email confirmations and a survey request after this date, but never notified me that the doors were ready for pickup, so I called 8/11 to find out if they were ready. The customer service rep told me that his system showed that the order had been cancelled by someone at Lowes on 7/1, but there was no indication of who had cancelled it. Nobody ever notified me that the order was being cancelled. I have not checked yet to see if they charged my credit card.
Lowes Delivery Service
Loss

Lowes credit card fraudulently created an account in my name.

After my husband filed for a personal bankruptcy in 2009, GE Capital Retail Bank / LOWES (formerly GE Money Bank FSB / Lowes), added my name to his credit account so they could try to collect his debt from me. I never agreed to be on his account, nor did I ever use his account, and I have never opened any account with Lowes. GE Money Bank FSB / Lowes reported the delinquent payments on my husbands account to the credit reporting agencies in my name. When I previously disputed, they sent me an apology letter and assured me that a request was sent to the major credit reporting agencies to remove the report from my file. Then they fabricated a new account number so it wouldn't match the one on the letter they sent me, and reported the same amount with the different number to all the credit reporting agencies. I have been fighting this for over 3 years and still no resolution. BEWARE OF LOWES CREDIT!!!!

p.s. PAY YOUR BILLS!

Just like I'm sure you didn't use any of the stuff your husband purchased with his Lowes card? Perhaps he used those items somewhere else where you don't reside?

Maybe he remodeled a bathroom or something, but I'm sure you don't use it. Wow, why didn't I think of that before??

Get husband to charge everything to his name, he files bankruptcy, you both get stuff, walk away from bill, perhaps do it again under your name, wait 7 years, do it all over!? Brilliant!

Yea, your prob isnt with Lowes... its with GE.

However, you should have to pay the debt. Thats the problem with our economy right now.

You shouldnt be allowed to default and just walk away. You should get yours!

#702015

Your are so full of ***.

This has nothing to do with Lowes. It has to do with the bank who OWNES AND OPERATES the credit line.

Lowes has already been paid it's the bank who collects all interest and money from YOU. The only reason major retail chains offer a credit card is to insure you purchase from them because you can't use them anywhere else. Lowes does not gain anything from interest or your late payments, this is all going to the BANK who OWNS AND OPERATES THE CREDIT CARD.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT WHEN YOU USE THE CHARGE CARD the bank pays LOWES.... THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY THE BANK YOU FOOL.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Old Town, Maine - No customer service

I purchased an electro luxe dishwasher from lowes 2 years ago along w an extended warranty. My dishwasher broke and lowes arranged for service from A&E .A&E never showed up for their appointment . Lowes rescheduled for a day that I said I could not be home. I rescheduled and once again I waited for a repair appointment. The repair person arrived late and then would not look at the dishwasher because it was under extended warranty and he was told it was cash repair. I called lowes they only said they would reschedule for the next available appointment which was in 5 days. Unbelievable. I said that was not satisfactory. I had already taken 2 half days off from work. I was told that is all they could do. I called my own service person who showed up on time the next day. I will not buy another appliance from lowes. They do not stand behind their extended warranty .

Same thing happened to me! Dishwasher broke and have been stood up, repair parts never come, complained to Lowes and they do not care.

The extended warranty is called Lowes Advantage.

Only advantage is to to Lowe's pocketbook. Do not purchase any extended warranty from Lowes.

Lowes Warranty
  • Lowes terrible customer service

Lowes in Statesboro, Georgia - Horrific experience with cabinetry department

First let me say that the designer I worked with (Jack) for my kitchen renovation was exceptional: patient, knowledgeable, and detail oriented. The problem was the installation manager (Nigel) who refused to do the installation because (1) my 6-yr old pre-existing cabinets (Kraftmaid) "might" not be the same color as the new cabinets and I "might" not be satisfied, and (2) his installers "might" destroy something taking it down or putting it up and "who would pay for it?" First, we added cabinets 3 years ago and there was no problem with the colors, why would there be one now? And if I accept that risk, where does Nigel get off telling me what I "might" not be happy with it so he won't do it? If you're that concerned that we're that picky, check our order from 3 years ago; you'll see we had nothing but praise. And, second, if his people destroy something, who do you THINK would pay for it? Are you really going to turn down $20,000 worth of business because your installers might break a $300 piece? Hire better people if you have that kind of concern. I'm sure Lowes has had problems with other customers to be so eager to turn down business, but treating all customers as if they were brainless is going to kill its client base. It's certainly soured our relationship with them.

I'd be hesitant to take on your job as well. It's amazing how people will swear up and down that the match is perfect until the product comes in and gets installed.

Then it's nothing but a bunch of complaining and wanting discounts or even full credit because they didn't match the originals. In the future do the whole job at one time. If you decide to add on later, replace the whole thing, not just a part.

It's a fact of nature that the colors in wood will shift over time. Even if you bought cabinets from the same manufacturer in the same color the new cabinets will not look the same as the 6 year old cabinets.

@Woodworker

I'd be hesitant to have you take the job, too, if you haven't figured out that the whole issue is resolved with a simple waiver. Lowes doesn't even offer one.

Home Depot, on the other hand, when through the entire caveat emptor problem with stains+time (again) and then got my signature that THAT would not be a problem they could fix. Problem solved: cabinets are on the way. Oh, and here's another feather in the cap of Home Depot, the price (for exactly the same cabinets) was considerably less than at Lowes.

I completely agree with you on one point, though, that the adage "the customer is always right" has been outrageously abused.

We have turned into a society that expects something grandiose for virtually nothing, and merchants and service people alike are paying for it. Something to keep in mind, though, is that the backlash falls on the rest of us consumers, too.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager
  • Lowes cabinet installation

Lowes - GE STOVE POOR QUALITY

Lowes - GE STOVE POOR QUALITY
I purchased my GE glass-top stove in June of 2012 but didn't start using it as I was still renovating my home. Once I started cooking I noticed the seal around the top of the stovetop was coming off. I've barely used this stove and am already experiencing problems. I've also had to order knobs as they are plastic and break easily. I should have purchased an electric stove and not this fancy poor quality one. This is so disappointing...what has happened to QUALITY PRODUCTS? No more GE products for me. Item #: 260651 | Model #: JB645STSSGE 30-in Freestanding Smooth Surface 5-Element 5.3 cu ft Self-Cleaning Electric Range (Stainless)

So why didn't you list this as a GE complaint, not under Lowes. Lowes didn't create the problem.