Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania - Drunk on the job

I was in my local Lowes the other day in Bloomsburg because I wanted to buy some new flooring for a few rooms in my house. I go back to the section and start looking and wandering around. After a while I found some help from a guy. After only a few moments, I can tell that he was drunk. I don't care what kind of job it is, one does not do stuff like that before or during a shift. Was going to buy for three rooms, but because he was so all over the place I just decided to leave. Lowes needs to get a hold of their people before I would ever decide to go back. They lost a customer that day that would have spent thousands.

Quick to judge. There are plenty of disabilities that can make someone unstable. Unbelievable.

How could you tell he was drunk and what do you mean he was all over the place? I have known people that drink from the time they get up in the morning until they go to bed at night and you can't tell they are drunk.

This man could have had some kind of nervous habit, that was making him act a little different.

One more thing, if he was acting drunk, don't you think his supervisors would have noticed it, and sent him home or something?

Loss

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - VALSPAR PAINT CANS RUST,LIDS TOO WEAK TO STAY IN SHAPE

Went to buy gallon of Valspar white, sales person put it into the shaker and the can collapsed at the top/bottom. Told me it was OK. Asked for another. Tried to open a 3 year old gallon of Valspar and it was rusted tight, could not get lid off because opener deformed the lip all the way around. Went to store, 2 staff got the lid open and offered to sell me a replacement can for $5, on top of the $30 for the gallon I paid originally. Paint is good for about 3 years they said... Maybe Valspar keeps costs down ($30/gal.!) buying thin, recycled steel cans, and Lowes sells them because they can offer you a replacement in a couple of years. Lowes CONTACT on website has no phone numbers or e-mail address. Help button link says NO HELP. Valpsar phone only has recording, never got reply. Just be aware of what you may get buying Valspar Paint at Lowes Home Improvement stores.
Tags
  • LOWES Home

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Once again walked out empty handed, vowing never to go back

When I go into Lowes I feel like that place is what God used to design Purgatory. I'm a Senior woman, know how to fix things, but am a small customer, usually needing to spend $20 or less to fix something. I think they hate women customers, hate everybody who isn't going to spend hundreds or thousands. Tired of getting sent to the far end of the store only to learn the thing I wanted was at the opposite end. They won't make eye contact, walk fast if they think you might want to ask a question. Today I wanted to buy rust stain remover for an old bathtub. After a few guys dodged me, finally I went "hey you". Told the man what I wanted, he walked briskly off, I followed thinking he was going to take me to it. He went to 2 other men, asked them if they ever heard of it, much blank stares, looking off in distance. Nobody said, "I don't know but I'll find out for you, just a moment. " Just acted like *** rude oafs. Imagine a huge store of that type not knowing about rust remover? I finally said "Obviously you haven't a clue what I'm asking for'' and left. I'd like to write a letter to their regional mgr.

Lowes actually widened their aisles and made it cleaner looking especially to please the female shopper. You had an unfortunate

experience or 2 at your local location but that isn't about a whole company.

Hate women and small customers?

That's ridiculous. No company can survive eliminating 85-90% of the customer base.

You hit it on the head when you said huge store. These big stores made up of numerous departments aren't much different than a shopping mall without the individual stores.

People work in one department and that's all they know about. Not much different than walking into a clothing store in the mall and asking where a cinnamon scented candle that is sold in the candle shop at the other side of the mall,,,they won't know.

If you need help finding what you need try shopping the smaller hardware stores like ACE. They will greet you at the door and take you to what you are looking for.

@You...

Nicely stated. Everybody wants the small hardware store experience but are not willing to pay for it.

Quit your b*tch’n and support smaller family owned retailers. You probably also mindlessly shop at Walmart.

Lowes in Charlotte, North Carolina - Lee and Lorrie Smith

We purchased a stainless steel dishwasher only to discover when we got home with it that it was black. We called Lowes in Arden and was told that mistakes happen and we could get the dishwasher we Purchased in Brevard. It is a 80 mile round trip to Lowes in Arden. We went to Brevard only to be told by the manager last night that they would not exchange it for the correct model because this would not make their inventory right. We then had to make ANOTHER trip to Arden store. After talking with the manager we were given the correct dishwasher and another 10% back. I am not happy having to deal with a mistake that was not ours!!!!! Why should I continue to shop at Lowes? I thought any Lowes would have been able to accomodate us!!!

If it's a pain to get to the Arden store why didn't you buy it at the Brevard store in the first place? Of course the Arden store would like the Brevard store to exchange the dishwasher, the one you got is worth less than the one you paid for.

The Brevard store shouldn't have to take the loss, you didn't buy it from them. Don't complain about having to drive to get the problem fixed when you can't support your local stores and buy the products there in the first place.

@I***

The guy posting on everyone's complaints is a *** Lowes is not a franchise. It is a corporation.

If one lowes messed up then they all did.

The manager was lazy and didn't want to do paper work. If I was the manager of the brevard store I would of gladly taken the dishwasher and said next time you want to make a purchase think of us in brevard.

Review
#420596 Review #420596 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Summerville, South Carolina - Boiling over hot water install.

Let me begin by saying I am a loyal Lowes customer. Recently my gas water heater went out. I was interested in having Lowes bring a heater and install it at my home because they offer same day service if you call before noon. Last month I called at 10 am on a Monday. I spoke with a girl in the store about which heater I wanted and would like to have it installed that same day. She said an installer would call me. The girl also told me there was a $35.00 charge to come out and look to see what size heater I needed and if it would fit. I explained to her I already picked out the heater on line and I already checked all the measurements and it would swap out perfectly. She said, Ok. Well we didn't hear from the installer at all that day. The installer eventually called us the next day. (so much fro same day service). My wife stayed home from work in order to accomidate the installer. He came out and told us we didn't need a new heater that it was only the thermocouple. He said he couldn't change it but his brother (who was also a plumber)could. He then charged us the $35.00 initial charge. Nor did he bring the water heater with him when he came out to fix it right then and there. He called his brother and then the Lowes installer left having done nothing but taking the $35.00. After a few hours his brother showed up and pulled out the thermocouple. He said, It's not your thermocouple you need a whole new water heater. He then charged us $85.00 for coming out and doing nothing. I'm now out $120.00 and my water heater is still broken. At this point I had gone three days without hot water. I stopped at Lowes in Summerville that on my way home from work and bought a 50 gallon, gas heater and ended up installing it myself. I couldn't wait any longer for hot water. It was a horrible experience from start to finish and even though I am a loyal Lowes customer, not only in my personal life, but in my business as well - I will never, ever use a Lowes installer for anything ever again. At least from this store I won't.

You never pay the installer anything. Everything gets paid to Lowe's and they pay the installer

@Employee

You are correct. The original Lowes installer did not collect the 35 bucks.

That was going to go on my card. The actual cash payout was the $85 paid to his brother who came in after the fact. In either event when a customer orders a new appliance ( hot water heater) it his job to replace that appliance. Nothing more nothing less.

He is not hired for his opinion.

He is hired to do the job he was contracted to do. Had the Lowes installer had done what he was contracted to do none if this would ever have happened and both

Company and consumer would have been happy.

@Employee

Lowers did come through, to their credit, and made restitution for the $85 and told me the installer in question would be taken out of the rotation of installers.

Review
#420240 Review #420240 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Bathroom and Flooring NIGHTMARE with Florissant, Missouri LOWES

My husband and I are newlyweds, and I moved into his house. Because his house was a bachelor pad before I moved in, we both agreed that it needed some work. WEEK ONE: We went to Lowes, and spend over $9,000 on: - new floors for the whole house, - a bathroom vanity, - a bathroom light fixture, - a faucet, - a toilet, and - a ceiling fan. The only thing they had in-store was the faucet. I was told that the fan, vanity, light fixture, and toilet would be 5-7 business days. The floors would take up to 2 weeks, because they had half the boxes they needed in their store, and they wanted to get floors that matched that lot from another store. I hired a contractor to install my fan, vanity, faucet, and light fixture. I paid Lowes for installation on the toilet. WEEK TWO: The fan came in on schedule, but the vanity, toilet, and light fixture were missing. My contractor installed the fan. WEEK THREE: My toilet, vanity, and light fixture were no where to be found. So, I called. My toilet was in the store, but no one had called to let me know. I asked them to install the toilet, and they did promptly. Still missing the vanity and light fixture. WEEK FOUR: My vanity and light fixture were still nowhere to be found. It is now two weeks late. I called the store, and spoke with Ryan. He informed me that Lowes actually oversold my vanity. The distribution center had ZERO vanities, and 68 orders. So they had -68. He upgraded my order to an emergency order. It was supposed to take 5-7 more days. Also, my floors are supposed to be in at this point, but they are not. I am told that it is taking a while because they want to make sure that all the boxes are from the same lot. WEEK FIVE: I still haven't heard anything about my floors, vanity, or light. I called Lowes and and a woman who claimed to be a manager told me that she didn't have time to speak with me and would call me back. She never did. I found out later that she was not a manager. I called the next day. I spoke with Darren who informed me that my order for the vanity and light was no longer in the system. He said he would check around and see what happened and then call me back. He never did. I went in that night to find out that my order had been deleted from the system. I was told that another manager must have "cycled it out". Also I found out that my vanity and light were already in the store, but I had not been notified because my order had been deleted. I took it home and had to hire my contractor to come out again. I received just enough of a discount on the vanity to cover the service fee of my contractor's second visit. WEEK SIX: HALF of the flooring that I need for my house is delivered. WEEK SEVEN: The other half of my flooring is delivered. We set a date for installation. WEEK EIGHT: Nothing WEEK NINE: Instal is set to begin Monday morning. Monday, the installers come in and are professional and prepared. Then they tell me that the floors are from four different lots, and that they don't match up and will not fit together. Some of them are even different colors. If they install them, the manufacturer warranty and the installer's warranty will be voided. IT IS NOW SEVEN WEEKS AFTER WE WERE SUPPOSED TO RECEIVE OUT FLOORS. I called the manager on duty who tells me that he is sorry and will try to match some of the lots that we already have, OR I can wait another two weeks for a matching order from the manufacturer. I AM FURIOUS. But, I don't know what my dollar loss is. I have lost WEEKS of time, and STILL don't have a product to show for it.
Review
#420217 Review #420217 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Elyria, Ohio - Simple Order Incompetence

I came into the Lowes in Elyria Ohio for a simple request. To exchange a bottle of Primo water. I had a manufacturers coupon FROM LOWES to get $5 off an EXCHANGE. First off, I waited in line to be told that I need to go to another register because they had to do a tax exempt for a welfare recipient. I went to another line and had to wait for the employee to figure out how to turn on the register, after he found the manager he had to cancel the previous transaction or something. After all of this, they told me they cannot use coupons with water exchanges. Why give coupons that you can't honor? Lowes, you just lost a long time customer over $5.

Welfare huh, can't drink tap or well water like the rest of us.

I have never heard of any type of welfare that is tax exempt. You more than likely misunderstood, in your anger. Non-profits get tax exempt status if it is for use in their agency, and people that are buying for resale, like in a concession stand or whatever are tax exempt.

Review
#419937 Review #419937 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Tags
  • long time customer

First and last experience with Lowes.

First and last experience with Lowes. To the CEO, Management, Stockholders, institutional investors and or parent company, et al., of Lowes. This is an open letter to express my (and probably many others) dismay at the inept organizational procedures and customer service exhibited over the last several weeks with regard to a simple order, placed via the company (Lowes) website, paid in full, with a delivery date promised and set certain. Not only was the item never shipped, but it had not, as yet, even been produced by the manufacturer a week after the promised delivery date! (This qualifies for Government work!) This could have been an anomaly, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I called customer service. I was told that they would have to contact the vendor. They don’t stock this particular item… yet, they sell it as though they do, because the website clearly stated, “In stock”. Customer service seemed a little confused and told me they would call me back with answers. The next call I received notified me that they could not reach said vender and could not give me any info and would call me later... The next call never came. I called again and got a different customer service representative who, after retracing customer service representative number one, informed me that my order had not, as yet, been manufactured. Again, this would’ve just been a slight annoyance, but since this item was for a remote mountain cabin, the promised set certain delivery date was critical because I had to make a special trip to the cabin the day of delivery. Get the picture. So far I wasted one trip. So, I was told by representative number two that the item would be completed by the Manufacturer and shipping on Friday the 14th, of June; and that I would be called with a tracking number so I my coordinate with said delivery and be there for this now elusive event! You guessed it, no call. So I figured I’d turn my frustration into a bit of embarrassment for the people at the top for not managing the people that are supposed to make customers at least feel that they are somewhat an important part of the equation… LIKE BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS! The most insulting part of this scenario is the offer made by customer service representative number two. She offered a whopping 10% discount on my next purchase. [If] I had a company (which I do) and one of my customers had a similar experience with their first purchase, I would take this cluster as an opportunity to make this a public relations gold mine. Instead of a monument to bad customer service, this letter would have been a testimonial as to the incredible lengths I went through to make this customer feel special and actually give them the item ordered (or a better one, without charge) and show all future first time buyers that we will go to extreme lengths (repetition mine) to deliver on our promise(s) (opposite of breach) and I’m sure this would contribute to the steady growth and success of said company. Heck, I may have even delivered it myself! Yours truly, President and CEO, Trans Pacific Transportation, Inc

I may have missed something but the problem was, Lowes took your money, placed an order, an expected an item to be delivered to you

that the vendor hadn't even produced by the delivery date?

How is this the seller's fault and not the manufacturer?

I imagine Lowes couldn't figure out the problem because this is obviously an unusual occurrence.

10% is pathetic in a public relations stand point but seeing as how they did their part, they should've gotten a discount from the vendor for you and not themselves.

Review
#419519 Review #419519 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Fairbanks, Alaska - Masterforge grill that kicks out on me

This grill, my first big step into gas grilling (purchased at Lowes), randomly decides it doesn't want to work--either not at all, or only at an extremely low setting ("Warm"). Tonight it won't start at all. Very disappointing. It randomly works fine again when it feels like it. Haven't used it much, would like to use it more, but it's totally UNRELIABLE. Sad. I have to enter additional words, so I'll type sadly for a while...sad, sad, bad Masterforge, bad Lowes! Makes me sorry that I switched from charcoal- everyone said that gas was better but it looks like they were wrong.

Because of fed laws.. Propane tanks have changed...reset tank by turning off tank then grill burners.

Turn tank back on then as u turn on grill hit ignite...if it does not ignite do this again. It is the tank qcv valve

Reality69

That's obviously a bad item. Return it.

Review
#419082 Review #419082 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes Troy Bilt

We bought ours in July 2012 used it only five times before the cold weather came thru. We tried to use it in May 2013 and it would not stay on. We were told it would not be covered under warranty yet the manufacturer warranty covers two years. When we took it for maintenance Lowe's would not give us the number to where it was sent out. They supposedly fixed it and charged us a fee for doing nothing to it since it did not work. We are sending our expenses to Troy Bilt to reimburse us. We also had to take it back cause it was not fixed proeprly, it's still not tuirning on and Lowe's is now going to replace it.

My guess is the gas in the mower was stale from sitting so long. Once you got it back you went and filled it up with gas that was sitting around in a can from last year as well.

Try fresh gas and you may well have a mower that runs just fine. Be sure to put stabilizer in the new gas you buy to help it last longer.

you are trying to get money back from Troy Bilt AND Lowes...kind of shady

@sooo...

You must make some kinda good money responding to every Lowes complaint in the past day!

you are a liar