Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Denver, Colorado: Delivery of Dishwasher

My wife and I bought a dishwasher online from Lowe's of Westminster, 5600 West 88th Ave., Westminster, CO. When I called to set up a delivery at 10:15, I asked for Wendy and was told she was on lunch break. I called back two more times over the next two hours and was again told she was at lunch. Finally, I was told she was on vacation. I was transferred to a gentleman to whom I complained about the Wendy confusion. He got mad at me, took my info, and said he'd call me back. Another gentleman called me back and set up a delivery time for the following Monday between 8 and 12:30. I called over the weekend to confirm delivery time and was told by a confused lady that whatever the scheduled time was that's when the dishwasher would be delivered. She didn't seem to have access to the delivery info. At 11:15 Monday morning I got a call from the delivery team saying they would deliver between 12 and 2. They apologized for the delivery time screw-up at the store but they would try to deliver by 12:30. They arrived at 12:30 but were unable to take away the old dishwasher because they couldn't touch it and they would return when we disinstalled the washer ourselves. No one during the entire purchasing and delivery time period mentioned that we would have to disinstall the washer ourselves and that the delivery team wouldn't do so. No we have to disinstall it ouselves and call back to schedule another pickup time. Is this any way to run a business?

I don't understand some people. Big Cry Babies.

A dishwasher is considered an installation, not a hookup. That's like expecting a delivery guy to hook up a gas dryer- not gonna happen.

If you call over the weekend, expect weekend service. Later today, why don't you try calling your bank about something important and see what happens- it's a Saturday after 5PM EST- they won't be there or the people who do the bulk of the work/know what's going on won't be there. Don't insist that businesses operate on your terms and then blame them. Do business at normal times and in normal ways and you'll find things go smoother.

They gave you a clear delivery time and you asked so many questions about it you screwed it up on your own by confusing everyone you could talk to about it.

Next time, instead of thinking this is 1950 and "wendy" is your buddy, tell the person who answers the phone that you need to set up a delivery. Problem solved.

THEY ARE DELIVERY DRIVERS, NOT INSTALLERS.

In your complaint you say you bought the dishwasher online. I don't see anything online that mentions installation and removal of the dishwasher.

It does offer free delivery. You may have shopped in the store and seen signs mentioning installation but they also show a price for this service.

Why would you assume they would send a plumber to disconnect your dishwasher when you didn't pay for it. Don't blame Lowes for your assuming they were going to do something that you didn't order.

• dishwasher delivery

Lowes review: Customer service

Have other people been having getting good customer service at Lowes stores? It seems to me that they are hiring a bunch of young kids that don't seem to have any knowledge of the products or services and they seem to relied on their Iphone quite a lot. They need people that can answer your questions and not try to BS to customer. It seems that Lowes is taking real big steps backwards and they just can't see it happening. If you need help on building a deck they want to show you or watch a video on the Iphone, well that doesn't help if I have a question on that project and the sales person can't answer it.
Viaan
#719882

Maybe you dont watch the news.....kids are working in more and more stores as part time jobs replace full time jobs. Sad to say that adults just can feed a family on a part time wage....so unemployment becomes more of an attractive incentive.....Now with Obama care.....more and more companies are switching their jobs to part time to avoid the mandatory coverage......As a country we are shooting our self in the foot....it will get worse not better

#719877

Yes, I agree with you. Here in Morgantown, WV they have young girls in the install sales department.

One got smart me on the phone last year over an install. She wanted me to cancel the install for my fence. I almost did, out of disgust with her attitude, then I went to management and had it installed. Now, this year I wanted to have another part of my yard fenced and went to Lowes.

The salesman that came out to my house was super nice. So, I thought, everything would be fine. I purchased the materials in April and they were delivered. Here it is middle of September, and they have not installed my fence.

I made a request for it not to be done while it was raining hard and to give the cement a day to set up when they install posts. Originally, the installer was in contact with me and things were fine. When install sales found out I was communicating with the installer, he never contacted me again and my fence is not installed. I've called corporate office to no avail.

Lowes called me and wanted someone to install it who was not the original installer. I told them I wanted the original installer because that was my deciding point when the salesman was at my house raving about how great this installer is. Also, I had a 18 month no interest coupon and it was put in as 5% at the register, and I was told that "they will give you both." Well, I have since found out that is not the case and am told that I can only, maybe, get the 12 month no interest after the fence is installed and they remove the 5% discount. I feel like I am being treated badly by install sales, Cecelia, because of the previous incident and am being given the run around.

In the meantime, the cement is on my back patio, covered, by us, but some has already gotten wet. Also, this is a wooden fence and we have covered most of the wood, but larger posts are exposed.

What can I do?

joke about the iphones you may enjoy:

Lowe's was ATT's biggest iphone sale ever... now we're about to be their biggest return ever!!

If you have trouble getting a question answered in lowe's you can often get good help at 1-800-44LOWE'S. Unfortunately, kids are basically the job market these days at the pay rate that stores can offer. Blame the 1%.

View more comments (2)
Review

Expensive Premium Paint - Lowes said no primer needed. NOT TRUE!

Update by user Sep 24, 2013

Valspar Premium Paint sucked! But the paint at Sherwin Williams is fantastic!

One coat and no primer needed. We had used primer with the Valspar and regret even wasting our time picking out colors there . Most of the people working there were pushy too. Sherwin Williams is the place to go .

The paint was thicker and works so much better. We knew that we didn't have to use primer this time but just like last time we did.

Our house is really looking great. Too much time wasted with lowes.

Original review posted by user Sep 07, 2013

We bought a house and moving in should be quick, even with painting the inside. We picked out colors and bought satin paint. Expensive paint that a Lowes said would cover the old paint, so we spent extra money for it. Even the light colors on our walls are bleeding through the slightly darker colors. So we've spent close to $400 so that we can go back and spend more to do more coats. Coats we were told wouldn't be needed except on real dark walls, if we were using lighter colors on them. After this I'm thinking Menards or even Walmart. Which is best if you have to do more than one coat anyway. Suzybear63@yahoo.com

Don't spend the extra money for paint with a primer in it. The paint and primer they sell at Menards or Home Depot won't work any better.

Do it right. Prime first, then paint.

Everyone these days are trying to cut corners by using the paint & primer in one. Always use a separate primer, no matter the gimmick. Most likely a second coat is always needed, so start that first coat with a quality primer.

@Anonymous

Yeah, we did. Ends up one of the rooms is going to be at least three coats and the paint is called Valspar signature paint and primer.

$35 a can but with the primer he put on first it should have been enough. Our neighbors used the same type and it only took one coat..

no extra primer needed even on the dark walls. :x

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes review in Savannah, Georgia: The Installation that didn't happen!

I went to Lowes in Savannah, GA to purchase laminate plank flooring for my den. They sent 2 (of their best?) installers out to look at and measure my room. The carpet was already pulled up and they measured the bare concrete floor. I talked with them about laminate flooring. Even though they wrote on the installation order that there could be an issue with the floor not being level, they gave me no indication that laminate would not work because the concrete was not level. I purchased the floor and had it delivered, it took 2 weeks to get on the installation schedule. Yesterday when the installer (not the same one) came out to do the installation, he took one look and said he could not lay the floor because the concrete was not level. The response I got from the people in the store was they never knew if a product could be installed until the day of installation. I paid $35 for the measurement of my room and they refuse to refund my money because a service was rendered!! I also have asked that they send a truck to pick up the product; a day and a half later no one has called to schedule pick-up. Oh, and I received a bill in the mail for all of this last week!!
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Lowe's cutomer service is a joke

I purchased a Troy Built Pressure washer at the end of April, 2013. It was the second Troy Built p/w as the first one leaked gasoline from the carburetor. I only used the new unit 2 times. About the middle of August I tried to use the machine again and gave myself a backache from pulling the starter cord. It never started. So I packed the unit back into it original box and brought it back to Lowe's with original receipt in hand. Lowe's policy is NO RETURN after 30 days. They jacked me around from the customer service rep who advised that the store manager could authorize a return to the manager who then said it could be done but "Company Policy" was NO RETURN after 30 days. My compliant is that they back up the vendor over the customer. They sell products that are poorly made and then back the vendor. In other words that don't back up their products and are not worthy of anyone's business. I know they won't see me again.

Question is, which Lowe's were you shopping @ ? Did you buy the extended coverage?

Was the item new, or rebuilt? Lot's of question's I know, but it could have been resolved.

Mr Morgan- you should contact customer care at 1-800-44LOWE'S- your item is within it's return period for 7 days if it's a major appliance. They will request a replacement for you.

The person who made the above post, however, should get a clue and call troy bilt- lowe's is in no way responsible for their warranty.

Troy bilt is sold in many other places. Nuff said.

Lowes did not build the pressure washer. It was built by Troy Built and they are responsible for the warranty.

Why do you as a consumer think the retailer is responsible for the warranty? Take time to read your warranty and you will find out how to take care of your problem.

Dear Lowes inc. I just bought a new frezzer, microwave, dishwasher , and aircomperssor( which I could have got a better one from Marvins for the same price I foundout after I bought the one from you all and I decided to keep the one I got from you all) .

Then I ask for some help with the dishwasher that did not work after 3 days and I was talk to very rude and ugly by your dept. manger and store manger in Petal Mississippi!!!

This makes me want to try Marvins or Home Depot insted!!! Sincerly Webber Morgan :(

Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Orlando, Florida: Valspar Paint

We bought several gallons of interior semi gloss Valspar paint at Lowes. Although adequate in years past -They have obviously changed their formula. This paint does not cover even the lightest color and runs. Terrible Perhaps this is to make the customer buy more paint to cover up. Guess what? We will not buy ANY more Valspar paint. So much for sneaky ways to up their bottom dollar. To add insult and injury they have raised the price on this inferior paint .I am 77 years old and I do not need the aggrevation. The time spent in having to repaint is exhausting for me and completely unneeded. Don't buy Valspar paint.
#942038

I always liked Valspar but NO MORE! The coverage is very poor and it runs.

I read in a previous comment that it never quite dries. I've been ripped off and I don't like it.

as stated above when painting over semigloss/gloss paint deglosser should be used or prime first. do not use paint/primer in one as it's just not the same andi work for a competitor that sells several brands touting paint & primer in one.

if primer was no longer needed why would they still sell it as they do?

Are you painting over a semi gloss or gloss paint? If so a deglosser or primer should be used first. Did you take the proper preparation steps before painting?

Why are you complaining about Lowes when obviously it's the Valspar Paint that you are unhappy with? :?

Lowes review in Mount Laurel, New Jersey: Whirlpool washer and dryer problems

Purchased a whirlpool duette washer & dryer from Lowes approx 8 weeks ago. Delivery was a nightmare,dates changed 3 times before arriving 2 weeks late. Washer does not spin well, leaving clothes wet and dryer door will not stay locked, cycle will not start, clothes donot dry. We have used the trouble shooting guide, but nothing seems to help. I would like to return the washer and dryer and get a full refund. Buyers beware of the duette series from Whirlpool. It does not live up to the whirlpoool advertising. I am Very Disppointed and frustrated. Please Lowes, offer some help!

Call customer care at 1-800-44LOWE'S and let them know- they'll help schedule whirlpool to look at it and even put in a product quality complaint if whirlpool won't fix it. In return, assign this complaint to whirlpool where it belongs!!

My guess is that you are overloading the machines. This would cause the spin problem and the wet oversize load would push the dryer door open. Try slightly smaller loads, if that doesn't work call Whirlpool for a service appointment.

View more comments (1)
  • Whirlpool at Lowes

Sold wrong poduct Lowes refuses to make it right!

I purchased granite counter tops and a stone back splash through Lowes and used their installers. Our project coordinator, an associate of Lowes, helped us choose tiles to match the granite counters we chose. We made our decision and were sent home with six sample tiles. When our tiles were installed I was at work, when I returned home and saw the tiles they were not the same color as the samples we received. We based our choice of tiles on what we were given in the store the night we made our purchase. The tiles installed do not match our counters and are much, much darker than the tiles we chose. The manager of the store came out to our home with our project organizer and the project organizer admitted the tiles were not the same color as what she had given us as samples. The store manager told corporate that the tiles in our home do match what is in the store, that is what is in the store today NOT when we made our choice, and Lowes now refuses to correct their mistake. When the store manager and the project organizer were in our home, our project organizer admitted the tiles did not match the tiles she showed us when we made our purchase. She said this in front of my husband and I, and the store manager. When corporate contacted these two individuals they lied and said that conversation never occurred. Lowes is refusing to make this right and we will now have to pay someone to fix the problem. The combination of the tiles with the counters we have looks awful! Lowes promotes their dedication to 100% customer satisfaction, however, Lowes clearly has no interest in customer satisfaction and I am very disappointed in the moral character of their employees and the lack of concern we received from corporate. I know it will not effect Lowes the least little bit if we discontinue shopping there, but I will never buy another thing from Lowes. I will also do everything I can to let other consumers know that Lowes cares nothing about its consumers and does not make good on the claim that they are dedicated to customer satisfaction.

If you purchased a stone backsplash there is no guarantee that it will look like the sample, same goes for stone countertops. Mother nature controls the quarries, not Lowes. I would like to know what you purchased exactly.

@Anonymous

I know that natural stone is varied in color. We chose a stone that was almost white. The entire box was almost white, little bit beige, and the store even has a sample "wall" of this tile. There is another color scheme of this same brand and it is predominantly very dark brown, with a few lighter tiles. We were given this darker color scheme.

I have an update though. I contacted corporate customer service and the women was very helpful. She contacted the head management at the store and he called me. He said he would have an installer come out and replace the tiles that are too dark. BUT, he said I would have to "sift" through the boxes of tile to find the lighter colored ones. He acted like I was crazy, as did the other manager, when I told him there were no dark tiles in the boxes we originally chose and paid for. I met him at the store and sure enough, there were two separate color schemes of the same brand of tile. He had to admit that clearly the store employees are not familiar with their own products. This was not an issue of getting natural tiles that varied in darkness, it was an issue of being given the wrong color scheme. Although it was obvious, I felt compelled to reiterate to him that there would be no need to sift through the tiles if the tiles we had ordered were installed. There are actually three color schemes of this tile. The ones we ordered (almost white), a very light beige/brown, and the very dark tiles.

This was Sunday, late afternoon and he said an installer would call that evening or by yesterday afternoon at the latest; I am still waiting on that call.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Replacement
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • Lowes Kitchen Sales
  • Lowes Does Not Gurentee Customer S
  • Lowes Does not Care About Customer

Lowes Customer Service

I placed order on Lowes for Microwave delivery, which was completely messed up. Lowes Delivery company called me that microwave will be delivered on specific 2 hours window on Friday evening, which never happened, just screwed my Friday evening. No one cared to inform me that delivery is not possible, handyman which was supposed to install the microwave over the range was on hold and eventually i was forced to pay him too. Saturday after 15 calls to different people they found that they messed up the delivery and will deliver on Monday. Eventually microwave was delivered with 2 hr window on Monday

You always have a potential for delay on a delivery. You are always better off picking up an item small enough to fit in the back seat or trunk of your car.

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes review in Verona, New Jersey: Carpet stretching

I purchases carpet through lowes after the first year it stetched so much they came and fixed now its worse my entire upstairs is a mess , I'm imbarassed to have people stay because u could trip over it and I have in my bed room it's been about 3 years and I can't believe I spent all that money to lowes cash and what a rip off . Also been pissed at a dish washer I purchased from lowes , I got tired called to have it fixed paying 60 a pop to repair it on a fixed income, I would never buy n e thing ever from lowes

On a fixed income or welfare? Dishwasher and carpet our the manufacturers fault, not Lowes. They didn't force you to by it.