Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Conroe, Texas - Delivery Joke

Never mentioned delivery time, got a phone call stating they were 10 minutes away and I told the guy I was out in the field working and he said he would reschedule but gave me no time frame or date. Told him I get home @ 5:00 pm every day. Got a message on my phone to call Lowes and set delivery time and date called and was on hold for appx 20 to 25 minutes and then was hung up on, called back and the same thing. Called the next day and was on hold again for 20 to 25 minutes and again was hung up on, tried one more time and finally, someone answered and I told her I need my washing machine and I get off work @ 5:00. She replied can only schedule for Sat between 0:900 and 1:00 pm, I told her Gallery Furniture will deliver up to 10:00 pm 7 days a week and she laughed. Now I am pissed and told her to cancel my order and give me my money back, waisted my memorial day weekend end to buy a washing machine that I really needed that day but was willing to wait a day or two but not a week which is a joke. Lowes warehouse is located in the Greenspoint area and I live in Tomball. I was impressed they did give me a 10% military discount which Homr Depot struggles to do and I swore Lowes will only be the place to shop from now on but now that has changed as I am a man of principle, I don't jerk my customers around and do whatever it takes to get it done in a timely and affordable manner and the customer comes first. I don't see this with Lowes, no service or communication after the sale.
Problem with delivery

Lowes - Delivery of Craftman riding mower

Was told to expect a call between 4 and 8. No call now I was told will call after 10pm, Still no call. What time will I expect delivery?

You can expect your delivery when the truck pulls into your driveway and they take it off the truck. If you need it sooner rent a truck or trailer and pick it up at the store.

Problem with delivery

Lowes in Center, Indiana - Rebate Ripoff

3.5
Spent over 2,000 dollars on appliances. Submitted rebate same day...in February 2019. Told me the appliances were not compliant for rebate...which is not true. Told me I had to resubmit everything which I did. After I resubmitted everything I was told they couldn't pay because it took 6 weeks to process through their system so now it was past the rebate time constraints. I will never shop Lowes again. I have NEVER had a problem with Menards rebates. That is where I will shop from now on.

If you are talking about the 11% rebate, appliances are excluded from that promotion.

I MAKE IT A PRACTICE NOT TO BUY ANYTHING THAT HAS A REBATE THAT I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SENDING IN. IT'S NOT WORTH ALL OF THE HASSLE. THE WHOLE REASON THAT THEY HAVE REBATES IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF JUST LOWERING THE PRICE IS BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THEY AREN'T GOING TO BE PAYING OUT A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF THE ONES THAT ARE SUBMITTED.

If you never have problems at Menards why didn't you buy your appliances there?

Hop over to the posts about Menards. Just take a look at how many complaints there are about their rebates. Seems like no matter where yow shop, rebates can be a problem.

View more comments (3)
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Canton, Ohio - Fencing installation protocol-HORRIBLE!

I just bought a house an needed a fence for my five dogs. I explained this to the Rep several times during his visit April 23, 2019. He measured, gave me the price, took my payment and when I asked when I could expect installation-the end of May was his reply. They give you three days to change your order or cancel. About a week after the visit, I received a mailing stating installation would be the week July 14th! Very upset with this date. Then about a week later I received a phone message stating my installation date is August 4th!!!! They take your money, supposedly they ordered the product and received it May 11th and sit on it for three months!!! I call BS!! I will never set foot in a Lowe’s store again. I wonder when I will actually get my fence.

A lot of the issue comes from the salesperson not being honest with the customer. They are there to sale and make a quota.

I am pretty sure the installers tell Lowe’s about their schedules. The customers go by what they are told via Lowe’s and it eventually looks bad towards the installer.

Installers do not get paid until the install has been done. Only Lowe’s gets paid.

That's why you go to a company that specializes in fences. Lowes orders the materials then hunts for a subcontractor to do the installation. As you found out they often have a hard time finding a contractor readily available to do the installation at the prices they are willing to pay.

View more comments (1)
Order processing issue

Lowes - Customer service

On May 24, 2019 WE BOUGHT 25 CU FT WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR, ITEM 876294 RRS 8555SIH2, from Lowes store #1644 in Milledgeville, Georgia. the appliance was delivered on May 26, 2019 to our lake house in the area. THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD, 5 STARS on May 28, 2019 we went to Lowes store # 2232 on Fairington Road, our residence area. we wanted to buy 5 years extended warranty for the appliance. One associate could not help, another associate told me to go to the store in Milledgeville. When I objected she did some entries in the computer and charged my Lowes credit card $189.97. She produced a receipt which did not have any reference to the appliance or my name When I asked for receipt that shows reference to the appliance and the full record, she told me to call warranty coverage for help. I asked for a manager. the manger MR Zola Davis did not seem interested in understanding or solving the problem, and went fast into hiding, VERY BAD SERVICE. VERY BAD REPRESENTAION, 0 STAR. Finally I was helped by sales associate MS DORA MAPP, she was VERY HELPFUL and called warranty coverage and asked them to connect the warranty to the appliance. She was told it will be done the next day. I hope so !!!!!!

If you are going to buy a service plan from a store it is best to purchase it along with the appliance to avoid confusion. Did you register your manufacturers warranty on-line? Often the manufacturer will offer a service plan at a lower price than you would pay a store.

@Anonymous

99.9% of the time it is a bad idea to buy any kind of extended warranty or service plan from a store. Why not just put the money that you would have spent on the service plan into the bank and if something ever goes wrong you can use that money for the repairs?

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Lowes in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario - Servicing/repair of lawn mower

I had purchased Remington Lawn mower in mid 2018 from one of your store. It was used only 2-3 times that year. This year the mower is not starting. I do not know if it is still under warranty as am not able to locate its guide/handbook. Can it be serviced for using again. Thanks
Bad quality
Loss

Lowes in Oneida, New York - Bad customer service

Update by user May 27

nothing at all

Original review posted by user May 26

recently tried to buy a husqvarna riding lawn mower. we found a sale in one store, but were told they did not have it in stock as it was a "non stock" (clearance) item. went to another store that did have the same item, yes it was "non stock" there as well, but they were only willing to give the current sale price, not the clearance price...contacted customer service and was told, that yes they were supposed to honor the clearance price from the other store. gave them the details.. when all was said and done, they refused to honor the sale price due to the first store not having it in stock..ummm why would i be shopping around if the first store had the item i was looking for? they lost $2000 in sales today, plus all future sales (we own our own home and do our own repair work) for a lousy $400.. not good business in my book.. i even told them i would be shopping at home depot from now on, and they didnt care..totally disgusted and will no longer shop there.

It's easy to offer a low price on an item you don't have. You should have checked the price before driving to another store.

If you were selling something would you mark your price down because someone who didn't have the item said they would sell it for less?

I will agree with h.kitchener about buying lawn tractors from a dealer. You will get a better quality product from someone who can actually offer service if you need it.

AwakeBumbleBee449
@Anonymous

the point is, that by not honoring the price, they have lost business both current and future and they don't care. good customer service means nothing to them

@AwakeBumbleBee449

If you were a store manager would it bother you to loose business that didn't bring any profit to your store? Managers earn bonuses based on how much profit the store makes, not how many customers come through the door. You are dealing with a store manager that is smart enough to know that they will be able to sell the tractor for the price they are asking rather than discounting it $400.

@Anonymous

Again..customer service advised that it is the policy to honor another branch "non stock" sale price at a different branch if it is in stock, however, they do not have to honor the "non stock" sale price if the original branch is out of stock on said item. this is the issue..it is on the clearance rack at all stores but not at the clearance sale price.

the point is, honoring the price, they have lost business both current and future and they don't care. good customer service means nothing to them.

h.kitchener

Maybe you got lucky in not being able to buy a husqvarna riding lawn mower. From what I have read, they have some reliability issues.

You would get a much better lawn tractor by wandering over to your local John Deere dealer---not a big box store that sells John Deere---and buying one from them. I have had JD machines for decades and currently am down to but three of them. Very reliable; the dealer takes care of any problems; and with proper care will last years and years.

When you buy from a dealer you come first if any problems arise, not the guy who bought one from a big box store. All sorts of sizes and capabilities and all made much better than any other brand.

View more comments (4)
Service
Cons
  • Dont care about good customer service all about the money
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Incompetent fence installation

Had a stick built wood fence installed in December 2018. Recently a whole section fell apart. I called them and they repaired it. Today I noticed a few more boards coming off the fence.

Lowes in Sodus, New York - See below

Today I made a trip to Lowe’s 2668 in Macedon N.Y I needed a new sprayer for my kitchen faucet. The supervisor/manager of plumbing and electrical asked if I needed help I don’t remember his name…I explained what I needed, and even brought in the kitchen sink sprayer (hose and all) As the associate helped me he seemed almost like he was annoyed with me, He presents himself as better then..no personality ..not someone I would want helping me again I explain to him that it’s a 35 minute drive and I wanted to be sure that what I got was what I needed…I even asked him to remove the sink from the box so we could measure it As for the sink sprayer, even thought I had it in my hand he sold me the wrong replacement hose. Not the least bit happy as I now need to make a return trip!!!!!!
Reason of review
I was sold the wrong product

Lowes in Lumberton, New Jersey - No customer resalution with management

3.8
5/25/19 Went to store in Lumberton NJ at7:00am to purchase a new 46" riding lawn mower .Waited in department for assistance ,passing employee asked if I needed assistance and I replied was looking to purchase a riding mower ,employee told me to go to any register and they will ring it up and the department employee will come out with key to unlock mower as they are outside in front of store .After going to the 1 and only register open and waiting on line for 25 minuets the cashier told me she was unable to locate the SKU # for that item and I will need to go to the department to have the employee check and get the proper SKU #.I went back to the department and waited 25 additional minuets for employee to assist me, We finally figured out the proper SKU # and was able to go back on line and pay for this tractor was again 20 min . Now I had to wait for a manager to come out with a key for the locks that connect all the tractors ,in the mean time the department went to get the owners manual and the keys for the tractor . I took the key and checked to be assured the key fit and worked ,the tractor did not engage and the employee told me that was due to no gas in the tractor . I advised the employ I am 55 years old and have worked on Lawn equipment and it was not due no fuel in the tractor. I asked him for the manager and upon the manager returned he told her I did not know my *** from *** in the ground the tractor is fine ,I explained to the manager the battery is dead .The employee reiterated that I was wrong and she should just give me my money back and get rid of me …. so I said fine give me my money back and I will leave ,manager was rude and taking employee side and had no regard to making this right .
Review
Pros
  • Brand
Cons
  • Anything about their customer service
Poor customer service