Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Orlando, Florida: Valspar Paint

We bought several gallons of interior semi gloss Valspar paint at Lowes. Although adequate in years past -They have obviously changed their formula. This paint does not cover even the lightest color and runs. Terrible Perhaps this is to make the customer buy more paint to cover up. Guess what? We will not buy ANY more Valspar paint. So much for sneaky ways to up their bottom dollar. To add insult and injury they have raised the price on this inferior paint .I am 77 years old and I do not need the aggrevation. The time spent in having to repaint is exhausting for me and completely unneeded. Don't buy Valspar paint.
#942038

I always liked Valspar but NO MORE! The coverage is very poor and it runs.

I read in a previous comment that it never quite dries. I've been ripped off and I don't like it.

as stated above when painting over semigloss/gloss paint deglosser should be used or prime first. do not use paint/primer in one as it's just not the same andi work for a competitor that sells several brands touting paint & primer in one.

if primer was no longer needed why would they still sell it as they do?

Are you painting over a semi gloss or gloss paint? If so a deglosser or primer should be used first. Did you take the proper preparation steps before painting?

Why are you complaining about Lowes when obviously it's the Valspar Paint that you are unhappy with? :?

View more comments (3)

Lowes review in Mount Laurel, New Jersey: Whirlpool washer and dryer problems

Purchased a whirlpool duette washer & dryer from Lowes approx 8 weeks ago. Delivery was a nightmare,dates changed 3 times before arriving 2 weeks late. Washer does not spin well, leaving clothes wet and dryer door will not stay locked, cycle will not start, clothes donot dry. We have used the trouble shooting guide, but nothing seems to help. I would like to return the washer and dryer and get a full refund. Buyers beware of the duette series from Whirlpool. It does not live up to the whirlpoool advertising. I am Very Disppointed and frustrated. Please Lowes, offer some help!

Call customer care at 1-800-44LOWE'S and let them know- they'll help schedule whirlpool to look at it and even put in a product quality complaint if whirlpool won't fix it. In return, assign this complaint to whirlpool where it belongs!!

My guess is that you are overloading the machines. This would cause the spin problem and the wet oversize load would push the dryer door open. Try slightly smaller loads, if that doesn't work call Whirlpool for a service appointment.

View more comments (1)
  • Whirlpool at Lowes

Sold wrong poduct Lowes refuses to make it right!

I purchased granite counter tops and a stone back splash through Lowes and used their installers. Our project coordinator, an associate of Lowes, helped us choose tiles to match the granite counters we chose. We made our decision and were sent home with six sample tiles. When our tiles were installed I was at work, when I returned home and saw the tiles they were not the same color as the samples we received. We based our choice of tiles on what we were given in the store the night we made our purchase. The tiles installed do not match our counters and are much, much darker than the tiles we chose. The manager of the store came out to our home with our project organizer and the project organizer admitted the tiles were not the same color as what she had given us as samples. The store manager told corporate that the tiles in our home do match what is in the store, that is what is in the store today NOT when we made our choice, and Lowes now refuses to correct their mistake. When the store manager and the project organizer were in our home, our project organizer admitted the tiles did not match the tiles she showed us when we made our purchase. She said this in front of my husband and I, and the store manager. When corporate contacted these two individuals they lied and said that conversation never occurred. Lowes is refusing to make this right and we will now have to pay someone to fix the problem. The combination of the tiles with the counters we have looks awful! Lowes promotes their dedication to 100% customer satisfaction, however, Lowes clearly has no interest in customer satisfaction and I am very disappointed in the moral character of their employees and the lack of concern we received from corporate. I know it will not effect Lowes the least little bit if we discontinue shopping there, but I will never buy another thing from Lowes. I will also do everything I can to let other consumers know that Lowes cares nothing about its consumers and does not make good on the claim that they are dedicated to customer satisfaction.

If you purchased a stone backsplash there is no guarantee that it will look like the sample, same goes for stone countertops. Mother nature controls the quarries, not Lowes. I would like to know what you purchased exactly.

@Anonymous

I know that natural stone is varied in color. We chose a stone that was almost white. The entire box was almost white, little bit beige, and the store even has a sample "wall" of this tile. There is another color scheme of this same brand and it is predominantly very dark brown, with a few lighter tiles. We were given this darker color scheme.

I have an update though. I contacted corporate customer service and the women was very helpful. She contacted the head management at the store and he called me. He said he would have an installer come out and replace the tiles that are too dark. BUT, he said I would have to "sift" through the boxes of tile to find the lighter colored ones. He acted like I was crazy, as did the other manager, when I told him there were no dark tiles in the boxes we originally chose and paid for. I met him at the store and sure enough, there were two separate color schemes of the same brand of tile. He had to admit that clearly the store employees are not familiar with their own products. This was not an issue of getting natural tiles that varied in darkness, it was an issue of being given the wrong color scheme. Although it was obvious, I felt compelled to reiterate to him that there would be no need to sift through the tiles if the tiles we had ordered were installed. There are actually three color schemes of this tile. The ones we ordered (almost white), a very light beige/brown, and the very dark tiles.

This was Sunday, late afternoon and he said an installer would call that evening or by yesterday afternoon at the latest; I am still waiting on that call.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Replacement
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE
  • Lowes Kitchen Sales
  • Lowes Does Not Gurentee Customer S
  • Lowes Does not Care About Customer

Lowes Customer Service

I placed order on Lowes for Microwave delivery, which was completely messed up. Lowes Delivery company called me that microwave will be delivered on specific 2 hours window on Friday evening, which never happened, just screwed my Friday evening. No one cared to inform me that delivery is not possible, handyman which was supposed to install the microwave over the range was on hold and eventually i was forced to pay him too. Saturday after 15 calls to different people they found that they messed up the delivery and will deliver on Monday. Eventually microwave was delivered with 2 hr window on Monday

You always have a potential for delay on a delivery. You are always better off picking up an item small enough to fit in the back seat or trunk of your car.

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes review in Verona, New Jersey: Carpet stretching

I purchases carpet through lowes after the first year it stetched so much they came and fixed now its worse my entire upstairs is a mess , I'm imbarassed to have people stay because u could trip over it and I have in my bed room it's been about 3 years and I can't believe I spent all that money to lowes cash and what a rip off . Also been pissed at a dish washer I purchased from lowes , I got tired called to have it fixed paying 60 a pop to repair it on a fixed income, I would never buy n e thing ever from lowes

On a fixed income or welfare? Dishwasher and carpet our the manufacturers fault, not Lowes. They didn't force you to by it.

Lowes review in Yukon, Oklahoma: Lawnmower service scam

Walk behind mower starter jammed, this unit only used for about 5 hours since I have a riding mower. Still under warranty so took it back to Lowes. They sent it to a jobber named Altaquip, who in turn contacted me, to claim that the mower was damaged (not visible to me) and it would cost $240 to fix (a $340 mower. You be the judge! I suggest that you find a factory authorized local dealer, and take any warranty jobs to them. Also read the complaints online about Altaquip; they exist because they pick and deliver from the Lowes locations, operate both repair shops and call centers.
  • Lawn mover service

Lowes review: You over worked and assisted with the death of my husband

strick2013 1 minute ago from Milford, Ohio.. Not only they below happen....they would move my husband to a comminssion position to cover that area....he sold more flooring and refrigs.....but he had to give up his commission to the young boys who were called "specalist". He sold cabinets - did cabinet CAD drawings for years....cover that area and all the commision went to the person that was a "specialist " in that department. They would work him to death...actually he did die after being worked to death while the young boys and girls would hide and be on their cell phones and two girls sleeping in the hay tractertrailer while on duty....I could go on an on. thank you what do I do against a company like Lowes? Replystrick 8 minutes ago from Prattville, Alabama.. My husband had been employed by Lowes part time then full time. They worked him 8 days straight- different shifts - no continuity. Then they would give him one day off. He was a cancer survivor and they knew this. Back in may I was at the store when he signed up for Lowes Benefits. Life Insurance, Short Term, Long Term insurance. His department director and specilaist helped him do the computer part, while I stood there watching. On Novemeber 26, my husband answered the managed call for a "bugging run", of course, the young boys - the specialist were hiding, my husband worked so hard, carrying heavy drillwall, flooring, clean up messes in the back, etc. He had no help from the young boys. Acutally a young boy dropped a roll of carpet on my husband a few days before my husband went on his last buggy run. He dropped dead, dont know why, cause lowes wont realize tape, did he get dizzzy because of not breaks, did he trip over the multiple carts, who knows. He died right inthe parking lot and the day of his accident HR and Lead Management came to hospital telling me not to use the BCBS through them, it would be "worker's compensation". He died 3 days later with 4 clots to his brain and his heart gave out. I got the workers comp cards in mail. I tired to get onto his Myloweslife and called HR at store to find out why it was deleted. I couldnt see paystubs, benefits nothing. My son took me to Lowes after the funeral home to check on his life insurance. HR manager (who... Show more Reply

What happened?

Lowes also works my husband to skin and bones. Especially during the spring and fall months. It is awful. Plus all year long the schedules are awful. EVERY week my husband (who is full time) has a different schedule, different days and different times. He gets one weekend a month off. It is the same for all the full time workers.

I can never tell our families if we will both be there at functions and we can rarely go to church together on Sunday mornings.

Is there really a reason for a person's schedule to be 7am - 4 one day, 11am-7:45 the next day, then 9-6:30 for 2 days, on the days my husband has off they always make his schedule 1pm -10 ? why? We can't even go anywhere the night before his day off.

This horrible schedule ensures that you can never go to school. If you try to improve your hours they just get rid of you.

My husband never takes a sick day. He gets great reviews and very low pay. I wish years and years ago he'd gotten out of retail.

No retirement, none, very poor medical insurance, you have to pay most of your salary and still have a high deductible. Very few holidays like what? 4?

It is just all around awful. When I hear state workers complain about their 5% increases (not to mention cost of living increases) It makes me sick knowing they make extremely high salaries and benefits for sitting on their butts and visiting. While retail people work their butts off for nothing. I mean 20 cents a year raise is "good" in retail.

So if you are in retail and young enough...... GET OUT NOW!!!

that person is not a good person by saying those nasty things about my husband dying. He worked hard to and refused to stand in the uneployment line and walk to the mailbox for his welfare check.

He was 61 and till providing for his family. Put two kids through college with CASH not welfare benefits. Our son is military helicopter pilot with two tours of duty in Iraq and getting ready to go again. Our daughter is the executive dircetor of MDA.

He wanted to work, we were raised that way. For you to by nasty is not a surprise to me. You sound like you are one of those young punks that feel entitled the government welfare benefits. I will pray for you.

You need it you entitled punk that knows nothing about hard work that kills you. You were probably one of the young punks at Lowes hiding and on cell phone at Lowes when my husband was doing all the work.

Punk God Bless You May you grow up. :cry

Jud
@strick

Can I ask did anything happen from this??

Wow the comment by the person named: nikalseyn was rude! Whoever it is sounds like a real b itch.

Lowes *** sucks. Everytime i go there they stop selling 'Man' tools and sell want to get into selling candles and sissy ***.

Try buying Lye, you can't because they're in bed with DHS to make sure I don't make a bomb. Gimme a break!

Yes, he once worked in the paint department and covered the entire bldg when the young people would hide, be on cell phones or called in sick. They know they can get away with it when it is an older person that is working to pay the electric and to have health and life insurance.

He had signed up for life and they didnt take it out of his paycheck is what they are saying. It was their fault of so. I was there when he signed up for it. His zone manager helped him.

No one will tell me how he got the clots in his head. I thought Lowes had a life insurance policy on all their employees for 10000. I didnt even get that to help out with the funeral and now only one income. It is so hard in all ways.

I want my husband back and they could care less. Horrible.

Nikalseyn, 60 year old people do not go out and "just pick up another job". The real world is this: once a man hits 50 years of age (even low as 45), he is no longer employable.

If he is a cancer survivor, he become a health insurance liability to a possible employer. I know a middle age woman who was undergoing chemo during the day, and then work at night stocking at Lowes. They worked like a dog in the Paint department. They offered her no help while the very healthy younger "kids" played around when their job was done.

They did not even offer to help. The boss turned a blind eye to the situation.

The woman eventually quit. This is the LOWES WAY!

Giana
@Been there

Amen and bless you friend. They did the same thing to my husband.

But he signed up for benefits and they did not take out of his paycheck and closed his account the day he died so I could see what was going on. I got the medical records. They told me he was by his self and had a massive heart attack. Medical records say he started to have seizure and an employee was with him and ran into the store to page medical personal.

They left him have a sezure and he stoped breathing. They lied again. He hit his head that is where the clots came in. They lied to me I thought he died of massive attack and he actually started to have seizures which he had never in his life had.

He probably had worked so hard went out on buggy run to catch his breath and the heat caused him to start seizures....leaving him let him block his airway.....they lied again. :cry

John N

Bottom line is that your husband could have quit working at Lowe's or anywhere else if he wanted to. He apparently did not.

As for his death, if it can be attributed to work, then worker's comp. will come into play. In your case, I would advise a free consultation with an attorney familiar with worker's comp cases, etc.

Lowe's is what it is and it sounds like there is a lack of management if people are not doing their jobs. Someone is not managing the workforce properly.

@John N

My husband waws trying to get me finished through college . we had no other income.

He was 60. Not 20......He was lied off from his CAD avaiation job because of cancer a year before. So pls dont say he could of gotten another job sir. He couldnt.

He was a stand up man that worked his butt off for over 45 years and bebfore that picked cotton.

@John N

@ nikalseyn You don't even know the circumstances of the issue at hand. Unless you actually know you should feel free to shut the f uck up you *** b itch!

NEWSFLASH... BOTTOM LINE IS YOU ARE A CLUELESS C UNT!

View more comments (11)
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Butler, Pennsylvania: The only one that knew anything was fired

There is always one person you go to that goes above and beyond , that you look for in a store, that doesn't lie to you or or runs and hides. West Main Lowes in Kalamazoo mi. Made a big mistake fireing one of these people for some petty infraction, I heard. The general manager, can rarely be found for complaints though. To busy brown missing with higher ups. To bad.Lowes you lost one of the only workers you had. I hope she goes to a competitor of Lowes. I think people would drive accross to get her expertise. Lowes manager makes a big mistake...loser! So higher 10 dumb people Lowes...

You sure seem to know a lot for a customer not the person terminated

Lowes review in California, Maryland: 3 day delivery is a lie

I ordered product for my contracting business from Lowes via online the website gave me a delivery date. I checked the website the day after that date and it said it was ready for pickup. I went to the store it was not there. I was sent and email later that day and was told it would be a few more days. Then on that day I get a call from the store saying it would be 5 more days. I was told someone from management would call it never happened. They lied to me several times and I guess they are going to string me along until the order comes in and they hope I go away. I will go away to Home Depot.
  • Lowes Bad SERVICE

Lowes review in Tacoma, Washington: HATE Valspar Paint

We just purchased 10 gallons of the most expensive paint Valspar makes ~ and every gallon was horrible. It drips, runs and definitely is NOT a one coat paint. It's the worst paint I have ever used! Never again! I've had to go over it repeatedly, and it was over the lightest shade imaginable. The color we chose to paint was light grey. This should have been a no brainer, and it turned into a nightmare. Many, many drips and splatters. For the cost, it's VERY thin paint. If you have a big painting project, chose another brand. This stuff is horrible.

I will NEVER shop at LOWES again!!! Just purchased a riding Lawn mower just 30 days ago.

It was sold with a bad tired, I just found out. I've learned today that Lowes do not and will not honor the products they sell.

They told me to bring it back or we can charge you to come pick it up (less than one mile away) or I could call a company to come out and fix it.

I thought Home Depot was bad.....Lowes makes them look like the king of retail in home improvement. :(