Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

First and last experience with Lowes.

First and last experience with Lowes. To the CEO, Management, Stockholders, institutional investors and or parent company, et al., of Lowes. This is an open letter to express my (and probably many others) dismay at the inept organizational procedures and customer service exhibited over the last several weeks with regard to a simple order, placed via the company (Lowes) website, paid in full, with a delivery date promised and set certain. Not only was the item never shipped, but it had not, as yet, even been produced by the manufacturer a week after the promised delivery date! (This qualifies for Government work!) This could have been an anomaly, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I called customer service. I was told that they would have to contact the vendor. They don’t stock this particular item… yet, they sell it as though they do, because the website clearly stated, “In stock”. Customer service seemed a little confused and told me they would call me back with answers. The next call I received notified me that they could not reach said vender and could not give me any info and would call me later... The next call never came. I called again and got a different customer service representative who, after retracing customer service representative number one, informed me that my order had not, as yet, been manufactured. Again, this would’ve just been a slight annoyance, but since this item was for a remote mountain cabin, the promised set certain delivery date was critical because I had to make a special trip to the cabin the day of delivery. Get the picture. So far I wasted one trip. So, I was told by representative number two that the item would be completed by the Manufacturer and shipping on Friday the 14th, of June; and that I would be called with a tracking number so I my coordinate with said delivery and be there for this now elusive event! You guessed it, no call. So I figured I’d turn my frustration into a bit of embarrassment for the people at the top for not managing the people that are supposed to make customers at least feel that they are somewhat an important part of the equation… LIKE BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS! The most insulting part of this scenario is the offer made by customer service representative number two. She offered a whopping 10% discount on my next purchase. [If] I had a company (which I do) and one of my customers had a similar experience with their first purchase, I would take this cluster as an opportunity to make this a public relations gold mine. Instead of a monument to bad customer service, this letter would have been a testimonial as to the incredible lengths I went through to make this customer feel special and actually give them the item ordered (or a better one, without charge) and show all future first time buyers that we will go to extreme lengths (repetition mine) to deliver on our promise(s) (opposite of breach) and I’m sure this would contribute to the steady growth and success of said company. Heck, I may have even delivered it myself! Yours truly, President and CEO, Trans Pacific Transportation, Inc

I may have missed something but the problem was, Lowes took your money, placed an order, an expected an item to be delivered to you

that the vendor hadn't even produced by the delivery date?

How is this the seller's fault and not the manufacturer?

I imagine Lowes couldn't figure out the problem because this is obviously an unusual occurrence.

10% is pathetic in a public relations stand point but seeing as how they did their part, they should've gotten a discount from the vendor for you and not themselves.

Review
#419519 Review #419519 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Fairbanks, Alaska - Masterforge grill that kicks out on me

This grill, my first big step into gas grilling (purchased at Lowes), randomly decides it doesn't want to work--either not at all, or only at an extremely low setting ("Warm"). Tonight it won't start at all. Very disappointing. It randomly works fine again when it feels like it. Haven't used it much, would like to use it more, but it's totally UNRELIABLE. Sad. I have to enter additional words, so I'll type sadly for a while...sad, sad, bad Masterforge, bad Lowes! Makes me sorry that I switched from charcoal- everyone said that gas was better but it looks like they were wrong.

Because of fed laws.. Propane tanks have changed...reset tank by turning off tank then grill burners.

Turn tank back on then as u turn on grill hit ignite...if it does not ignite do this again. It is the tank qcv valve

Reality69

That's obviously a bad item. Return it.

View more comments (1)
Review
#419082 Review #419082 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes Troy Bilt

We bought ours in July 2012 used it only five times before the cold weather came thru. We tried to use it in May 2013 and it would not stay on. We were told it would not be covered under warranty yet the manufacturer warranty covers two years. When we took it for maintenance Lowe's would not give us the number to where it was sent out. They supposedly fixed it and charged us a fee for doing nothing to it since it did not work. We are sending our expenses to Troy Bilt to reimburse us. We also had to take it back cause it was not fixed proeprly, it's still not tuirning on and Lowe's is now going to replace it.

My guess is the gas in the mower was stale from sitting so long. Once you got it back you went and filled it up with gas that was sitting around in a can from last year as well.

Try fresh gas and you may well have a mower that runs just fine. Be sure to put stabilizer in the new gas you buy to help it last longer.

you are trying to get money back from Troy Bilt AND Lowes...kind of shady

@sooo...

You must make some kinda good money responding to every Lowes complaint in the past day!

you are a liar

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania - Troy-bilt walk behind mower

Update by user Jun 14, 2013

Meant to say you should NOT have to send a product back for repair the same day you buy it.

Original review posted by user Jun 14, 2013

We bought and returned TWO Troy-bilt self-propelled mowers within the past month (May/June 2013). Both were a piece of ***. The first one has issues with and engine that missed. I was told by Lowes tech to try a new spark plug. We did that. Engine still missed from day one. So we returned it. Then went with a hi-wheel self-propelled model. It was supposed to be front wheel drive. In other words both front wheels should be pulling. No way. Only one wheel turned. What a piece of ***. We called tech same day it was bought and they said we could either bring it back for repair or return it!!! You should have to return a new product the same day for repair. Why can't Troy-bilt assure that their product works the way it should?? And why does Lowes continue to sell these mowers when they have issues? There were several mowers sitting outside the store that apparently were repaired and returned for resale. Nearly all had drive issues.
Loss

Lowes - Whirlpool Frig 3yrs old, Compressor shot!

Exactly 3 yrs old, side by side Whirlpool, Compressor is done, given estimate of $700 to replace, Whirlpool had a 1 yr warrantly, guess they didn't have much faith in their product. Everything you buy now is junk, and extended warranties are very expensive insurance for the consumer. Manufacturers should stand behind their product! (Bought from Lowes)and they should not carry brands that are not reliable. A refrigerator should be expected to last 12 yrs minimum but much longer than that in the past. Quality control is a thing of the past I guess, no wonder, as American companies no longer manufacture in America!
Reality69

Anonymous should be making some good money commenting on others commenting on every complaint!

everyone carries whirlpool...Should you be upset with Whirlpool and not Lowes :cry

@hmmm....

you must be make some good money to post on every complaint under different names

Manufacturers used to put a 5 or 10 year warranty on the compressors. Along came the big box stores and the demand for lower prices.

Manufacturers lowered the price by reducing the warranty to 1 year. When they did this they started offering the optional extended warranty. I would bet that you were given the opportunity to purchase an extended warranty at least once if not more. You chose to keep the price low and assumed the risk that nothing would go wrong.

Don't blame the manufacturer. It's the consumer that demanded the lower price and something had to give.

As far as being made in America, most of Whirlpool's products are made in the US. Yes there are some imported components (hard to find electronics made here).

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Terre Haute, Indiana - Incompetent employees

It seems every time I go into the Terre Haute Lowes store there's not one employee that wants to help, sorry, other then the paint area, they're good. The people in the lumber department are rude, when you want boards cut, they scatter like roaches, some even tell you that they're not suppose to cut the lumber for you. My wife went in to buy a new refrigerator but even though there were 6 employees in the area, none would help her. One even asked if she found everything she needed, my wife said no, and the girl walked away laughing. how rude. I guess it will be worth the drive to shop at Menards!
Concerned62013

Decided to do a search on MR HEARTLESS as apparently he has nothing better to do but to tell everyone who posts on this site how wrong they are. Heartless - I am sorry that life has been so horrible to you and made you such a miserable person.

Seems as though several others are catching on to your nonsense and really there is no need to continue your meaningless posts. You do know what they say about karma right?

UncleJerry

Whirlpool Frig 3yrs old, Compressor shot!

Answer: CHINA!

It's very clear after your comment "One even asked if she found everything she needed, my wife said no, and the girl walked away laughing" THAT THIS IS A TROLL POST. No employee anywhere would ever do that.

The part about not cutting boards well that would be true it's probably against policy because they rather sell you the saw. I know you're trolling like I said, but Menards has the same policy on cutting lumber....

@Heartless

your right heartless

this is a troll post from you

you must make good money posting everyday under different names

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes in Concord, New Hampshire - Doors from benchmark thermatru have been leaking since purchased

I bought brand new doors from lowes. Spent $8000.00 on them. They started leaking at the glass which is a manufacturer defect and have been leaking from there since I purchased them for over a year. They gave me the run around at customer service and then tried to tell me it was an installation issue. Which it leaked at the glass panes that were a manufacturer defect. They refuse to help me at the customer service department and had me leave messages for supervisors that did not call back. DO NOT BUY THESE DOORS. THEY ARE AWFUL AND THE COMPANY IS TERRIBLE!
#1072018

We would like to emphasize the fact that the door may be a “better made brand” than some other doors on the market, the company WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. The salespeople explain that this is one of the best doors made and that the warranty shows how great a product they make.

The company’s warranty is false advertising. Instead of explaining our very negative experience with them we advise you to check out the BBB. Make sure you check the name typed/spelled several ways.

They do not make the grade with the BBB. PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

Therma-Tru

Dear Consumer,

As of today we have not received a call from you regarding your Benchmark by Therma-Tru Door System. Please contact us today so we are able to work with you to better understand the issues you are experiencing.

Our telephone number is 866-584-3668. Please ask for a supervisor or Amanda when calling in.

Therma-Tru Doors

Perhaps you will learn a lesson here. The store you buy products from doesn't manufacture the product and they are not the ones that warranty the product.

If you had filed a claim with Therma-Tru rather than complaining to Lowes your problem may have well been solved by now.

As you can see from a previous post Therma-Tru who you should have contacted in the first place is more than willing to look at your complaint. In the future address your problems with the people who issued the warranty rather than waisting your time complaining to everyone else.

Why is this posted to Lowes and not Benchmark

Therma-Tru

Dear Consumer,

It is unfortunate you are having leaking issues with your Benchmark by Therma-Tru Door Systems. I would like to work with you to resolve these issues.

Please contact me at 800-843-7628 and ask for Amanda.

Therma-Tru Doors

View more comments (4)
Lowes Installation
Loss

Lowes - Hostile customer service Lowe's Bakersfield Rosedale.

DO NOT shop at Lowe's. After PURCHASING two items, with receipt, in hand, I was nearly accosted by a Lowe's employee who was working in the garden & patio section. He stated he was a security guard and an "off duty cop" which were both not true. He took my PURCHASED items and receipt from me without asking permission then proceeded to tell me he had the right to detain me and take me to the back. He then told me I'd have to drop my attitude or he'd drop me. I took my PURCHASED items back from him and walked back to my new black RANGE ROVER that was parked directly in front of garden & patio. The Lowe's employee was yelling at me saying he was, in fact, a security guard. I spoke to a low level store manager and nothing was done about the matter, Furthermore, the store manager said that sort of business practice was condoned and supported at Lowe's. There is a reason for the name Lowe's. LOW customer service, LOW ethical treatment of the public. LOW regard for the law. LOW courtesy shown towards PAYING customers. Lowe's Bakersfield Rosedale location is defines death of customer service. Consumers should not have to worry about their safety when they walk into a store. The Lowe's Bakersfield Rosedale location needs great corporate oversight and an complete restructuring of its management. The Bakersfield Police, KC Sheriffs and California Highway patrol have an interest in knowing all the facts about the LOWE'S employee posturing like a peace officer. If you have a problem at Lowe's Bakersfield Rosedale location then do not expect the problem to be remedied by store management. My experience at Lowe's was one of hostility, bodily threats and a rogue employee taken on duties that had not been assigned to him i.e. security, interrogations, and so on. With the high concentration of big box stores in that area of Bakersfield then the consumer has many choices other than Lowe's. Shop at Home Depot as they're located right across the street.

:cry Oh please cry me a river....This story sounds made up and written by either a fool or *** artist. I ALWAYS get great customer service there and someone is always asking me if I need help.

Home Depot is the worst, you can never find anyone to help you and it's always a ghost town there. If I were that employee I would of dropped you on your a#%.

A RANGE ROVER, huh

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • Rosedale location
  • Garden Patio

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - Vetran Discount Discontiued

Update by user Jun 10, 2013

The gentlemen who responded to my post are probably correct. Joining the military and becoming disabled should not entitle me to a discount, anymore than the handicapped should be entitled to a parking place close to the store.

It was Lowes idea to offer the discount in the first place. It just seems disrespectful of them to stop offering the discount. I would feel the same way if they offered a discount to seniors and then took it away. In addition, whether this is a matter of respect, it was also a marketing tactic designed to bring military into their store and the likely reason was to either build a following or to follow Home Depot's policy which was first.

In either event, they still offer a discount to contractors if they use their Lowe's credit card.

Maybe that will be the next discount discontinued. After all, let's not forget the bottom line is profit, profit, profit.

Original review posted by user Jun 09, 2013

Lowe's previously offered a 10% discount to military veterans and the cashier would frequently say "Thank you for your service." As of June 10, 2013 they have discontinued this discount and the flyer states "Sorry for any inconvenience." I have always been a loyal Lowe's customer. I'll have to rethink that in view of their attitude toward those who have served our country. This is particularly troubling in view of their huge profit margin an in my opinion, the deteriorating quality of some of their products. Lowes paint is a good example. I painted a wall with their Signature (top of the line paint) and returned it after three coats failed to cover. Home Depot is looking better and better. I hope the public responds to this with their pocket book.
Reality69

Lowes offers the VET discount still and all year as opposed to Depot that only offers it on certain holiday weekends.

@Reality69

In my area, Home Depot gives the discount year round and Lowe's refuses to give me a discount because I do not have the VA picture ID card. In fact home depot even has a parking space dedicated to veterans.

Since when did we stop offering the military discount? I did 5 transactions today for vets giving them 10% off.

The military discount has NOT been discontinued. They simply are requiring a valid veterans or military ID now, whereas before they did not. If you are not active duty or do not have a VIC, then no discount will be offered.

The bottom line for ANY business is profit, profit, profit. Contractors may get a discount because they spend a large amount of money yearly.

And yes, a lot of customers to Lowes or wherever will say they spend a lot of money as well, but it doesn't mean they need a discount. We spent 20k in Lowes last year for a remodel, and in no way did I think I needed a discount, I'm not a contractor.

There are plenty of 10% coupons out there, plus, using a Lowes credit card you get 5% off whenever you use it. When Home Depot loses a customer, they come to Lowes and visa versa.

I know people in the military who think people like you are a disgrace! You did not join the military for a 10% discount, to expect one is self entitlement at it's finest!

Joining the military is a career choice nothing more.

Your recruitment officer did not say if you join you will get 10% discounts for life everywhere you go! You joined because you either A) Wanted money for college B) Where to dumb to go to college C)Wanted a legal way to kill people.

Why do veterans think they are entitled to a discount, they are no longer in the military. They aren't any more entitled to a discount and maybe not even as much, as law officers and fire fighters.

They put their lives on the line every day that they go to work. You are no longer putting your life on the line. I realize the law officers and fire fighters knew what they were getting into when they chose their careers, but people that enlist in the military know that too. I am 73 years old and don't ever remember this being done during other wars.

It is something that has been started the last few years. I can understand active duty military getting a discount, but I don't know why veterans think they deserve one.

@anonymous

From your age sir, I must ask, "Did you serve in Korea?"

Or did you hide out in college or play in your sandbox at home.

You have never had the thrill of being in a foxhole, being bombarded with RPGs and mortars, real live rounds whizzing over your head and you have no F'n clue where they are coming from.

You have 13 months of pure ***. Every second of every day.

No, I don't expect to get a discount, but they show their appreciation to us that have served, so that your dumb@ss can speak freely.

Maybe you ought to move to a country where you have no rights or liberties. Then you might appreciate what WE have done for you.

Signed,

One POed Marine

View more comments (7)

Lowes - Hot Water Heater Nightmare

Went to Lowes to replace water heater that would not stay on. Measured my existing to get exact replacement. Went to store with web site from store with models that would work. Was directed to everything but what I had listed, then informed I needed a "detail" from installer which I had to fork over 35 dollars for. Had them come out, then they would not quote me an install, but a total cost, even though I had never selected the heater. They said they would call the store, and the store would call me...none of this happened. I went back to the store, and was informed the person was not there, but would be in at 8:00 (am) went and got breakfast, went back to stoe, was told they would be in at 10:00. Went back at 10, and they said they were supposed to be in at 2:00 (pm) the person there then informed me that they were not supposed to be working in "their" department, but they would help me. Then they told me a price. I ask them did I not have the right to choose a model, and they got indignant with me. (must of had a surplus of discount models they push onto everyone they can. The store has posted 240.00 install fee, but the detailer said they need to take that down, because he never charging that small amount. Total Scam!

Just people not following through with their job. In the first part of your complaint, you act as if you were going there to replace it yourself, then you said ok to a detail.

Which is it? We replaced our water heater, they asked if we wanted a detail, we said no because we were installing it ourselves.

So, you had a choice to say no.

Lowes Installation