Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Silver Springs, Florida - Person on the cash register no help

I went to purchase a number of items to finish off some projects at 7:30am I bought 2 gallons of paint 2 boxes of flooring paint supplies and 1 bag of 80lb. cement. At the register she rang up my stuff and placed the paint on the cement tearing the bag I did not want it to tear more so I asked for something just so it would not get all over everything she said she had nothing ok how about someone to help me?No such luck as a result I was covered in concrete as was my car. There was no one in back of me or in front of me. Did I mention that I am 64 years old no spring chicken I worked in a hardware store for 8 years and never treated a customer so rudely and I was a casheir.

Since you are 64yrs.Old.Why?Did you not have help along with you.Accidents happen all the time.I am 64yrs.old And when i go to HOME DEPOT i alway's have someone with me each time to assist me.Their are time's when their are no one to assist with product's that are being purchased.So it is alway's good to have a helper of your own.

3rdLevelRogue

As a current Lowes cashier, I'm really sorry and disgusted by the treatment you received. A call or attempt should always be made to try to help, especially with mess making items.

Torn concrete is almost always bagged or transferable to a new container. Unfortunately though, it isn't always something a cashier can do. We are rarely given tape for repairs, but it isn't a real excuse.

Please call the store and calmly explain the situation. Bad employees happen everywhere and it sadly takes a few notable offenses to remove them , but you deserve to have it made up to you.

Anna must be a lazy and profane Lowes cashier. All the cashier had to do was call for a loader to assist you.

The cashier was negligent of her job duties. But then what a cashier makes at Lowes, I am not suprised.

@Reality

Ha Ha :grin :upset :grin

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Charleston, South Carolina - No delivery, no real explanation

We ordered a John Deere riding lawn mower this past Sunday afternoon (5/12/13) from Lowes.com and requested the free delivery. The order confirmation said that we would get delivery from our local store (a few miles from our house - I ordered online so that I would get Ebates, which was substantial on this purchase) that same day, but we doubted that would happen since it was Sunday, and Mother's Day at that. The next day I checked my home messages around 10AM, and someone from Lowe's (not sure if he was a store employee or a driver) had left a message around 9:30AM. In barely intelligible English, he said that our delivery window was 2-4PM that same day and that if we had a problem, we could call the store at an unintelligible number. I had to look up the number, but since my husband and I have our own business, and it was a slow day, he said he'd go home by 1:30PM and wait, which he did, plus it gave him time to appropriate rearrange the garage in anticipation of the new lawn mower's arrival. I left the office at my normal time, picked up our son, and arrived home around 5:15PM to find my husband's car in the driveway and our garage doors open with no green tractor in sight. Needless to say, our lawn mower had yet to be delivered. My husband had already called the store at 4:30PM, a half an hour past the delivery window, and was told that the driver must be delayed and that we are last on the list. So basically we are told to sit tight. Fine, we can be patient, stuff happens, we understand. At 5:30PM he called the store again. Twice. No one picked up the phone at all. At 6:45PM he called again. The lady on the phone told him that she doesn't know what the story is, but she will call the driver and call us back ASAP. At this point I'm really annoyed because we have to put our son to bed, and for sure this guy is going to show up while we're in the middle of everything (I'm currently 9 months pregnant, so I am physically unable handle our son's bath and bedtime routine on my own anymore). When we finally finished all that, at 7:45PM, my husband called the store again, since no one had called us back as promised. My husband was polite, but given that we were nearly 4 hours past the 2-hour delivery window, they immediately put the manager on the phone. He checked the logs and told my husband that the driver had made a note that he came by at 4, but no one was home. My husband was either in our house or in our garage (rearranging things) with the garage doors open from 1:30PM onwards. Our address is on every major mapping system, there are no streets in the entire county with even a similar name, and our house number is clearly marked in two places. We also have a very loud, working doorbell and four dogs who bark their heads off at every sound outside, so there's no way that the driver could have shown up at our house without our being alerted by the doorbell and/or our dogs. Either this guy got the wrong house, which is asinine, or he is lying. Instead my husband has to leave our business early AGAIN today to sit and wait for a delivery. While the Lowe's employees were apologetic, and the manager asked what he could do to make it right (we asked for a $35 accessory as a concession), I find it appalling that neither the driver nor the people in charge of deliveries thought to call us to say anything. Instead we had to call them to find out what the story was only to find out that either something completely ridiculous or completely untrue had occurred. I'm glad that the Lowe's employees were apologetic and offered to "fix" the situation, kinda sorta (I would have rather just had the delivery at that point rather than sacrifice business for yet another afternoon), but I want to know what the real story is. In other words, I want to know whether the driver went to the wrong house or flat out lied.

Did the ebates work, did you actually get the cash back? Someone at Lowes told me that ebates does not work for Lowes. So looking to see if it will actually work when I do it.

Thanks

Just to follow up, the delivery did arrive yesterday. It was a little late but reasonably so.

My husband did not ask if it was the same driver as the day before, so basically he did not ask further to find out what the story was (I would have asked).

The concession was a $25 John Deere tractor/mower maintenance kit, which includes "Turf Guard," gloves, safety goggles, and a couple of other small items. So I am pleased about that but really wanted an explanation more than anything else.

Sorry about the weird punctuation (random question marks and whatnot). I did not type those in, but they showed up when this was published.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Parker, Colorado - Pissed off customer, NEVER AGAIN!!!

Walked into the garden center, at the "southlands" location. the people they have hired are so rude! Not a hi, hello.....nothing! I asked one of the employees where I would find a certain item in the garden center..he pointed down a long isle..."did you look there?...serioulsy?? I then find it BY MYSELF, (On the other side of the store) Go to the check out...Jade looks at me...I said hi..(crickets)....NOTHING!! again...seriously??? a!! from now on...I will drive the 6 miles and go to Home Depot!! They are always helpful and friendly! soooo sad, I have complained before...and nothing has been done! Guess they just don't care! You would think the "big wigs" would care, but just one look at their paycheck...and they say, oh well! NEVER AGAIN!!
3rdLevelRogue

Lowes cashier here. Cashiers, if that is who initially asked, cannot leave their registers to help you.

It is policy that aisle associates must walk you to the item. I'm sorry the cashier was unresponsive to you. They should have at least said hello and asked you about your day/shopping experience. Please call and talk it over with a manager.

We need calm, constructive feedback to improve and better serve the public.

I do hope Home Depot serves you well if you choose to exclusively patronize their store. :grin

LadyScot

Asking if you looked where the product is is not rude. Customers always want you to hold their hand these days.

They are too lazy to look for something. I get that all the time in the pharmacy. Customers will walk right by the aisle they want to get to the window to ask us where stuff is. We are a small pharmacy in a small store.

It is not hard to read the low hanging signs.

And exactly where do you think bandaids would be? In the area marked FIRST AID. Or where are the razors?

In the aisle marked WET SHAVE. Please, use your noodle.

@LadyScot

Lack of sign reading is my biggest complaint of the public. I've had to explain lightbulbs were in the "lightbulb" aisle they just walked past with the huge "LIGHTBULBS" sign over it.

Someone just got pissed off at Home Depot and is now driving 6 miles to Lowes

View more comments (3)

Miss treated by James Brown a Lowes manager

I visited the Lowes store located at 4455 S Buckley Rd Aurora, CO. It was one of the worst experiences I have had shopping. I went to the store to purchase a power washer. The only one left did not have all the parts in the box so I asked the manager James Brown if I could get all the parts to product or a discount because there were missing pieces. He said in a rude and very condescending way “you are in Lowes not Park Hill” I was completely offended because he went on to say a few other thing that were completely inappropriate. I was SHOCKED!!!! I was a loyal Lowes customer but going forward I will shop somewhere else. I will SHRED my Lowes credit card and will NOT spend another dime with a company that would hire people like who would talk to or treat its customers like this and unfortunately it is not the first time I have been offended and treated inappropriately by the staff at this particular store.
RetailCop

I hear this type of *** all of the time!! They were rude...I'm offended...I'm going somewhere else to shop.

Good!! Go!!

We don't give a F--K!!!!!!!!!!!! You probably were trying to rip them off anyway.

LadyScot

You get the discount, then call the manufacturer and get the parts for free, so you save a bundle.

Loss

Lowes in Hot Springs, Arkansas - Bad performance Loews Valspar Ultra Paint w/primer

The paint I used did not cover well and dried "streaky." I was using the same color of the new paint as the old paint. The walls were clean and in good shape. I used Valspar paint a year or so ago on the same type of wall and it was fine but it was not the "improved" paint with primer. I put on a second coat and the result was not much better. I'ts tolerable but when I put in a lot of time and care to paint a room, I expect better. Your experience may be different but, in my opinion: BUYER BEWARE.
RetailCop

Lowe's doesn't manufacture Valspar paint....Valspar does!

Lowes in Old Town, Maine - Still waiting for my refrigerator

Ordered refrigerator 04-07-13 a long wait followed.Then I started calling and asking for order to be tracked.I got a form letter from customer care, then a form letter from store, the appliance dept has been calling and lying to me. 34 days living from an ice chest now. On the 04-29-13 I was told it was in and would be delivered 04-30-13.On 05-06-13 I was told it would be in on 05-08-13.On 05-10-13 I was told it would be in on 05-12-13Hello Thomas,I appreciate you contacting Lowe's.I apologize for the information given concerning the delivery of your refrigerator. I would like to get this matter resolved for you. In order to appropriately assist you, I will need for you to forward to me the store location of the purchase. Once I have received your information, I will have the Senior Store Management team to follow up with you.I look forward to hear back from you. Have a great day. Thank you,Robin H. Lowe's Customer CareI am writing in response to your inquiry on the special order fridge. I have left several messages both with Samsung and with our distribution center to give me an update on the status of your fridge. I apologize for the delay. I should hear something by the morning and will follow up with you then. We will get this to you as soon as possible.Thank youRick PerryAssistant Store ManagerStore 2291Brewer, ME

Your issue is it's Samsung. It comes from Korea on a boat.

That's why your order is taking so long, it depends on how fast a boat can go across the ocean.

The dates you are being given are the dates from Samsung. Your issue is with Samsung not being able to efficiently get product over here.

Lowes in Cherry Hill, New Jersey - Extended Warranty is a joke

I purchased a Whirlpool from Lowe’s in Union NJ and after two yrs it started having problems so I figured since I had extended warranty I would get it fixed. The repair company sent a service man who could barely speak English and he told me I would have to pay out of pocket for everything thus costing me over five hundred dollars to repair. I plan on contacting 7 on your side or Arnald Diaz shame on on you because as consumer "money doesn't grow on trees" and why should I pay for coverage just to be told NO.

Extended Warranties does not cover abuse by the consumer. It also does not cover things based on life expectancy.

A regular manufacture warranty is very similar. Major retail chains consider an extended warranty 100% profit. Most people forget about them or do something to mess it up so they don't qualify for a repair or replacement.

There is nothing you can do in such a matter. Clearly whatever happened was not covered or you abused the unit which is the most common reason for rejection :)

What did you purchase? Was it a whirlpool tub or a Whirlpool appliance?

You don't say what the problem was.

If it was something you caused or caused by an act of God it would not be covered and you would have to pay. If you are going to complain on a site like this tell the whole story.

Loss

Lowes in West Point, Georgia - What kind of idiots are you hiring?

There is this guy that works at the Lowe's where I live. It started off that he would try to talk to me when I went shopping there with my Mom.. and then he would see me alone and ask me out , but I had made it clear that I was not interested in dating anyone right then. Today I went to Lowe's by myself and he was outside in the parking lot.. where he not only stared me down but made an attempt to spit on my car when I drove by. I know that this guy has some anger issues and does not like the word "NO". I feel like I need to take my business elsewhere. Isn't this considered some sort of harassment or something? It is scary there are so many people out there working at a place like this with a personal issue and people who are considered right minded cannot even get a job!

That is a form of stalking no employee should ever pursue a customer while on the clock. You should report him ASAP, and tell your parents.

You and your parents can call Customer Care 1-800-445-6937.

You might want also file a police report because it is guys like that, that abduct females that reject them and then leave them in a shallow grave...please please BEWARE! File a POLICE report for your safety!

I thought this was a consumer website, not a sexual harassment complaint site

You should contact the store's HR manager. Call the store directly and ask for them.

Inform the HR Manager of the situation and be prepared to give the associate's name and description of the situation several times over the course of the next few interactions with Lowe's. I suggest writing what happened in a Word Document and then clicking and pasting everytime someone asks. Inform the HR Manager that you want the Store Manager's email address as well as the associate's Department and Zone Managers' Email addresses. Evrytime you send an email "cc" everyone you have and email address for.

If the HR Manager does not cooperate go over their head to Regional or Corporate immediately.

Make sure your grammer and spelling are checked and try not to be overboard emotionally. But be direct in what you expect them to do to correct the situation. The point is to build a file on this person and create a situation at the store that is less than hospitable for the associate.

If the managers have to invest too much time in solving this issue it will soon become more trouble to keep the associate than to deal with the issues that are created.

Continue to go to the store if the situation permits and introduct yourself to the managers. Let them see that you are a real and likeable person/ cusstomer worthy of respect and help.

@HR Issue

HR Issue wrote - "Make sure your grammer and spelling are checked and try not to be overboard emotionally." HAHAHAHAHA!! You should practice what you preach....it's grammar.

Tell someone in authority at Lowes you are being harassed by this "person". If that does not work, call the police.

Low lifes are everywhere these days. Do something before you become a statistic.

Gimme-A-Break

My first thought was thinking who goes to Lowes so often? Anyway next time you go bring your older brother or an older cousin or something, and if he does anything go complain to the store manager. Or just ugly yourself up a little bit lol

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes in Denver, Colorado - Where is everyone/ANYONE!

In looking for assistance for our basement remodel---new washer/dryer, carpeting, paint, cabinets, there was NO ONE to even say hello. After waiting and looking for 1/2 hour with still no employee contact or even knowing WHO WORKED there, we left and went to.... Home Depot greeted us at the door, took us to their home improvement section, introduced us to a sales person and GOT OUR BUSINESS! If 'Never stop improving' is Lowe's motto, they would have to START ANY TYPE OF IMPROVEMENT prior to continuing to improve on it. Can't believe people shop there as we will never be back and I'm sure whoever 'they' are won't miss our business.
RetailCop

Anonymous wrote - "After waiting and looking for 1/2 hour with still no employee contact or even knowing WHO WORKED there, we left and went to...." It would be THE PEOPLE in red or blue vests you ***!!!

I so agree with the comment about being greeted. I feel you don't need to be greeted to do your shopping.

I work in retail and while I do it of course because "I have to" and it's apart my job. How is whether you are greeted or not going to affect your shopping for items you should already know what you're looking for? Some of you really have no understanding how retail works. We as an associate have no control over how much people get staffed for the day.

Sometimes there are even call outs and 50% of the time no one comes in to fill in for those call outs. So guess what that means? Less people with MORE stuff to get done. People kill me always having an attitude when they have to wait because an associate is helping another customer and are so impatient.

Then some even have the nerve to try to be rude in cut in front of others.

Go shopping when you're going to have patience. We're sorry you have to look for someone to help you but keep in mind associates have other tasks to do other than sitting there doing nothing waiting for a customer to stop by and ask for help.

When in Lowes, use the "call buttons". They are on a timer.

To most Lowes employees, they are the "button of death". Don't be afraid to use them.

There isn't any law that I am aware of that says stores have to have somebody at the door to greet customers. People that think they should be greeted at the door, should go and visit friends.

I'm sure the Lowe's employees wore something that identified them as store employees. As far as that goes unless you are blind you should have been able to find the items you were looking for, and when you got to those respective departments there more than likely would have been an employee or two in the department.

If you can't find different departments in a store, maybe you need a caregiver to help you shop. Grow up!!!!

@anonymous

First, I completely understand about the lack of employee's. As a prior employee, there were many times at closing when we were lucky to even have 10 people store wide.

However, with that said, employee's also have lunches. It is very common when we do not have the hours to be better staffed, that one employee is covering 4+ departments. Red vests are hourly staff, blue vest(s) are store/assistant managers.

I would suggest next time going to the Customer Service desk [where there is someone 100% of the time, mandatory, and often the only register open while handling phone calls and incoming orders placed on-line] or better yet to the person watching the exit [most likely the Head Cashier], and ask if there is an available manager to help because you could not find someone. And for the love of all that is holy, please do not be snarky or *** their heads off! They can not leave the front end to assist you, and it is [normally] easier to get an Assistant Manager than it is to have us try and call a billion people trying to find one to help you. Chances are if you did not see one walking from Appliances to the Front End, then they are either a] taking their mandatory and much deserved lunch or b] helping another customer.

P.S. I have been to Home Depot a few times, and while my last trip was actually pleasant with plenty of staff and helpful at that, my two or three times before there was also plenty of staff but no one said hello! If you do not bring it to someone's attention and chose to instead walk out and scorn them, then it can never get better!

they probably won't miss you, because someone just got pissed off and home depot and went to lowes

View more comments (5)

Lowes. Installers getting canned

I've been seeing quality installers getting ACT15ed which means fired without disclosing a reason. Now my boss and I are getting cut too. He has been doing it for over 40 years I have about 10 under my belt. Most of our customers say " we heard your the best." And the real people who work in the three stores we cover say it because they know its true and we bend over backwards fixing problems. However many customers are jerked around so much that by the time we get there they are steaming and looking to get money back. So when they get that call to survey the install they give a less than perfect score. And with their new math, if you don't get a perfect 7 then it knocks it down to a 2? Doesn't make sense. Well if they want to get rid of the little guys like us because we don't have a warehouse and multiple crews (nevermind that we do quality work) they will be stuck with companies like American Carpet who are mostly ....not American and work for home depot. Then this complaint website will be jumping :-)

I am an installer doing a million plus a year. We do great work.

Been 10 years in the making. Just hire quality people and keep them trained on new products.

They only take that survey when they are pissed. Hardly ever to give a thumbs up.