Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Elizabeth, New Jersey - Kitchen Installer Replacement

I received the Kitchen Cabinets on Thursday, May 30, 2013. I called the installer (Mr. Collins) to set a date to install my kitchen cabinets. The installer told me that he will call me back with an installation date. He never returned my call and the only reason he finally called me was only because Lowe's customer service called him. Finally the installer calls me to give me an appointment for Monday, June 3, 2013. I told the installer that I already have personal appointments scheduled for June 3, 2013. I asked him if he can come on Tuesday, June 4 or Wednesday June 5. He stated that he cannot because he will be on vacation. I called Lowe's customer service to have another installer come to install my Kitchen Cabinets. Customer service informed me that they don't have anyone else in my area which is UNACCEPTABLE! The installer called me again after customer service called him and he stated that he can come to install the Cabinets on Wednesday, June 12 which is two weeks after receiving the cabinets which is UNACCEPTABLE. I told the installer that I will accept this date but that I’m calling customer service because I’m frustrated with this service. I want a replacement installer to come over to install my kitchen cabinets. I have the kitchen cabinets in boxes taking up the space in my entire kitchen and another box in my living room. This is very upsetting that Lowe's such a big department store don't have a replacement installer in my area. The installer goes on vacation and the customers have to wait until he returns because Lowe's doesn't have a replacement installer. This is UNACCEPTABLE and I'm NOT happy with this service and It's frustrated that Lowe's cannot have someone to install my cabinets.

After paying Lowes $289.00 to install the free sink

that came with the quartz countertop, we are informed

by the installers that they do not hook up the faucet

or garbage disposal. Then, we had to pay another $229.00 for

them to do the backsplash. We won't be doing business

with Lowe's again.

Lowes Replacement

Lowes in Winchester, Kentucky - Riding mower

My name is Autumn Smith from Williamsurg, Ky. I am complaining today because first off I paid good money for a warranty on my Troy built riding mower that ovbiouvsly lowes doesn't stand behind. I called them on May 8th to notify them about my mower... It was broken down and I needed someone to check my warranty and have it picked up and worked on. They didn't pick it up until May 13th.. I paid someone to do my lawn which Lowes complains in their warranty that they will have the yard work done while under warranty. Right.. Well, they did even tempt to service my yard as said Under warranty..... They had my mower for 3 weeks. I called several times trying to find out what the update was they replied they were still waiting for the part which was 2 weeks of already having my mower. I paid someone 2 times to mow my lawn which was $55.00 dollars each time and then on top of that they drop my mower off with out ringing the door bell. Leave the keys in it nice work guys. But anyways I start mowing and it goes out again after covering 50 ft of the lawn. I call them back the same day for them to tell me I have to WAIT.. For them to pick it up again.. Okay you guys come pick it up NOW or refund my *** money.. Meanwhile you can not wait and come now my grass.. Do you all understand I did buy a new riding mower to pay wait.. I paid this last guy to mow my lawn he never showed up.. I'm beyond pissed.. My yard looks awful and I know ppl and talking about me and its a good start on someone reputation which I'm sure you all like to keep yours, right. Do something now

I'm glad you live in TN... That is where you can stay, I have my receipt/warranty papers.

I did contact lowes first, they contacted you guys not me dumb*** they asked me if it was okay for them to contact service to pick this piece of junk up. I'm glad you know so much about me and can deteremine the up keeps that YOU claim I didn't keep up with *** thank God everyone has an opinion about knowing so much.... I most definitely give special credits to the ones that I have never met or never seen my lawn mower. Do me a favor and never quit your day job.

You'd make a great spokes person! Just saying....

I love my lawn thank heavens for john deere! The man that builds quality not quantity.

It is your decision to have a lawn, use a mower to cut your lawn, decide to purchase a mower, not save your warranty/receipt records, not maintain your equipment, not research authorized dealers you may service your mower at, not contact Lowes Service Center and file a claim for your extended warranty plan. I feel for those people you want to buy a car from!

nikalseyn

1. Troy Bilt is now a part of MTD and is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

MTD makes cheap products at a cheap price and their corporate policies have thus affected a once good brand.

2. Your mistake was in buying a mower from a big box store. You should have just gone to a local John Deere dealer and bought a riding mower from him. Never pay for an extended warranty.

They are a waste of money(as you found out.) If the John Deere breaks the local dealer will come and either fix it or take it away and fix it at his shop quickly and efficiently. I cut 10 acres of grass and own three John Deere's of various sizes. As they say: "there's nothing like a Deere."

3. Put a sign on the TroyBilt machine, park in front yard and sell to some unsuspecting city-dweller.

Then go get yourself a Deere. Just make sure you don't buy one from Lowe's or any other big box if you think you will ever need service.

@nikalseyn

I can't honestly say they lost a loyal customer I hope $1509.00 was worth the wait..

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Edinburg, Texas - Warrenty

Lowes does not stand by their warrenty. Bf bought a lawn tractor with the extended warrenty. it stopped running so we had it picked up for repair. They have had it for 3 weeks tomorrow. They said the battery was dead of course if it hasnt ran in a while it will be. We kept telling them it is the cylinoid and to change it but they kept insisting there was nothing wrong with it and that we had to pay them 70.00 to bring it back because there was nothing wrong with it,That was Bull ***. They went to start it yesterday to load it on the truck and guess what....it wouldnt start.oh and they said if they had it for 2 weeks we were to get a 50.00 gift card well tomorrow will be 3 weeks and now they say since they didnt have to fix it we dont get anything. DONT BUY FROM LOWES.....THEY LIE. BTW now they have to fix it.

Lowes in Lexington, Kentucky - 43 days and counting

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator from Lowe's Home Improvement in May, 2012. The refrigerator stopped working the middle of April, 2013. The refrigerator was deemed unrepairable 5 weeks ago, the product has a manufactures warranty of 1 year plus I purchased the 4 year extended warranty. I have received nothing but lies on replaceing my refrigerator. Each week Lowes promises that they will have a replacement refrigerator for me by the end of the week. it is to the point that I'm sure I will have to retain an attorney to get get my refrigerator replaced. Lowes is also "supposidly" to replace the groceries I had. If it has taken this long and still no replacement refirgerator I am confident that Lowes will not honor the replacement of the refrigerator contents.
#781905

WE PURCHASED A REFRIGERATOR FROM THEM BACK IN 2011 PURCHASED A 5 YEARS WARRANTY .I HAVE HAD SO MANY REPAIR PEOPLE OUT HERE AND IT STILL NOT WORKING .I CALL COR.OFFICE A LOT OF TIMES I TOLD THEM I WANT A NEW ONE THEY SAID NO .THEY WOULD TELL US THEY WILL CALL US BACK THEY LIE WE ARE THE ONES WHO CALL THEM BACK .ALL I WANT IS MY MONEY BACK .I TOLD COR.OFFICE I WAS CALLING ATTONERY THEY TOLD ME THEY CAN NO LONGER HELP US .I HATE LOWES

I used to be the only factory authorized service center in fayette county & since we quit servicing samsung because of their shady business practices they had to use dad's appliance repair or appliance install & repair service, that is what your problem is, They deem the unit unrepairable when it is not. I repaired a $2,000 refrigerator that dad's appliance repair deemed unrepairable after the lady got a new one from samsung. she had to fight with samsung for 2 months to get a new one. Samsung has implemented a new policy to try and screw as many people as possible. I am personally sorry for the trouble you're having, That is the ONLY reason we stuck it out with samsung as long as we did so the customer would not get stiffed like this.

Your first mistake:

Buying a samsung, Did you not read the 700 negative reviews about samsung refrigerators, You don't know about the lawsuits that have been filed for the same EXACT problem you are having?

Your second mistake:

Demand your money back & buy a non samsung refrigerator that is in stock!!

If it is deemed unrepairable ask for your money back and buy a new one that lowes has in stock, Anything but a samsung, Heck even frigidaire is better than samsung and they are JUNK.

{a little long but give it a read,at the bottom i give you information on what to do,i worke3d for lowes for 5 years in the APPLIANCE DEPT!}

you really only have LOWES to blame for this.im not sure if you know this or not{or care..but this is 1 of the main reasons your having the issue your having now} but the APPLIANCE dept used to be paid a SPIFF/COMMISSION that would be taken away from them if a problem like this wasnt fixed ASAP{incentive!} anyway LOWES took that spiff program away!..were talking 2/3rds pay cut with 3 days notice..most are given more notice before they are fired!}

like i said i worked thir for 5 years and know that for a fact if the sales person that sold you the unit that is broken knew he was going to lose that SPIFF ,your roblem would be solved!

now the same guy that was selling appliances for lowes for 10-12 years was forced to quit due to the major pay cut and the guy who worked register that doesn't have a clue on how to handle vendors,the delivery team,managers[yes their is a way to deal with managers to get them to do what is needed to ensure the customer is happy,as most managers put numbers before people foretting its the people who make the numbers!} lowes doesnt care about its employees anymore so what incentive do the employees have to continue to help you?{is how the employees see it} by reading your issue i can tell you that by now i would have had your REF. replaced and your check for the food done and it wouldn't have taken weeks.{and if it did take weeks,due to the fact that the model you wanted wasnt going to be in,i would have had a "lendor" sent out.you should not be going without a REF.LOWES can and will send out a unit for you to use{BRAND NEW BOXED UNIT} until your unit is in,if that is the only problem,waiting on the actual unit to arrive for delivery. i would have also reimbursed 10-20% of the original price! WHY?...first off i CARE. SECOND,the replaced REF. I would have been paid another commission on{easy sale},plus i would have YOU,a nice happy customr!..which i loved. ...like i said blame the guys way up the ladder...if they would pay a fair wage you would receive at the very least fair service instead of- NONE. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS CONTACT THE AREA MANAGER ... go over the stores head and get in the ear of the AREA or DISTRICT manager...once you actually bother the guys who don't want to be bothered,they get pissed that the complaint made it that far{that they had to work for a second}..and they lite a fire under the but of the store manager{turst me this works,tell the area manager you no longer can deal with the folks at the store.TRUST ME AREA MANAGERS think that their *** dont stink and that they shouldnt be tallking to you at all...BUT...THEY HAVE TO!!! and the more times they hear from yo0u the quicker your problem will get solved...and dont let them LIE to you..i would for your wasted time ask for so much of the original price be refunded..the big blue board may say one thing about refunds but i have done refunds personally, on my own, for customers that were 2,3,4 years old sales {soemthing simple would come up like re4placing the REF bulb and they wouldnt want to pay for it,so i would refund 5$ of their 2 year old ticket to cover even the light bulb!..THATS CALLED SERVICE!}..they can pull the ticket up by you CC and refund 10%,20,30%..i have seen folks walk with only paying TAXES... ..add up how much time this has cost you and GET IN THEIR EAR!!!! they now OWE you for your time... get what is owed to you...time is money...thats how LOWES looks at it so why shouldnt you?.. once again i would call and INSIST on the area managers number...they will give it to you.if they dont you can find it online. you will be whats called an "OUT OF STORE COMPLAINT" ,they even have a HOTLINE number...let me tell you ...if you havent called it,CALL IT...within 5 seconds of you hanging up the phone the store i notified right away and is falgged for them to take care of it asap!...if you have tried everything listed above...and still getting the run around...the lowes has already taken the plunge... but if you havent...do it and by doing so you will be one more customer saying "bring back the employees that knew what they were doing" would you buy a REF from a 16 year old at MCDONALD's?... thats the lowes way now... ORDER TAKERS not anybody who actually knows what they are doing.

Reality69

Well it's obvious they haven't gotten one to the store yet. To what end would making you wait a single second longer benefit anyone?

5 weeks is outrageous granted,I would be livid as well.

There has got to be some problem above and beyond the people at the store you're referring too though.

Lowes Replacement

LOWES DONT BACK UP THERE PRODUCT

GOT CHAIN SAW LAST YEAR NOW DONT RUN I DONT WONT IT FIXED I WONT IT REPLACED THEY WONT DO IT I EVEN GOT 2 YEAR WARRENTY T K JGV HG NBJHM JJKJ FTGR HY JIK TY B B B B B B BB B BB BB BBBB B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B BB B BB BB B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B BB B B B B B

This is a joke, right? Seriously, it's got to be a joke.

You're clueless. First of all Lowes doesn't have to stand behind it the manufacture does...

If the warranty is a repair then it must be repaired if it okays and exchange then it can be exchanged. Get over yourself.... You probably jacked it up anyways. Most people don't know how to maintain and care for their gas powered equipment.

9 out of 10 people who Shop at Menards where I work think they can come in just grab a 16 inch chain and be on there way. They have no idea that drive links matter or the shape of the link.....

Did you ever take a look at the 2 year warranty? It says they will REPAIR it.

That's how it works. Quit being a baby, take it in, get it fixed and start using it again.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • 30 DAY WARRENTY

Lowes in Frankfort, Kentucky - No vetrans discount

Was told vetrans can no longer recieve a discount. You must have a picture id. The only ones to get a picture id are active military and retired pesonell. This was supposed to have come down from corproate. If you are going to advertise a vetrans discount, you should honor it. They sure advertise it real heavy around vetrans day. I guess that is the only day we as vetrans served our country in the eyes of corporate america. Lowes won't be getting any more of my buisness. Hope all vetrans do the same. Maybe if they lose our buisness they will think twice for their snub.
Reality69

In your statement you said "you ere told there is no more veteran discount, only ones with picture ID get it" So there IS a discount you just don't have the proof needed! of course they need picture ID! people that didn't serve should be able to get that discount just for asking!

I'd like to see where in you enlistment papers that it say's you are entitled to a 10% discount where ever you shop. Grow up and quit complaining.

you dont need pic ID..., a VA card or discharge papers will work... anything that shows you served. No, your fancy hat doesn't qualify.

I am tired seeing discounts for fireman, police, nurses, vets (non-active) and others who think they are special. Active military should get a discount.

All others, pay your due. There is no draft any more.

You volunteered to join the armed forces, you were not drafted against your will.

It's 10%...find a coupon elsewhere. Quit feeling so entitled.

Veteran...you put in your years of time.

Active...you are putting time in now. Non-active...not doing anything, no discount, deal with it

I know several people in the military active and non active and they all think people like you are a disgrace... You didn't join the military foa 10% discount...

Google Menards they no longer offer it to anyone in the military ever because they're not special. It's a career choice nothing more.... Fire fighters don't get a discount or police officers and so on...

IT'S A CAREER CHOICE AND YOU DIDN'T JOIN FOR A 10% DISCOUNT... Get over yourself...

I can understand active duty military getting discounts, but I don't understand why discharged or retired military think they should get one. You received you discount when you were active duty.

Get over it.

@anonymous

you all are pitiful. anyone who put there life on the line for millions of people they dont even know should get 1000% off.

thats what wrong with this country we dont take care of our vets. any fat lazy slob can go get welfare way to go obama god bless america and all of our vets past and future.

@***ed american

You're wrong PlSSED AMERICAN. Everyone in my family has pretty much been in the military and not on of them expected anything from it but a LIFE EXPERIENCE.

These soft Americans who join then expect a 10% discount are the reason the entire world laughs at America behind it's back and the reason they will overtake us. Why is it all the veterans I come across are fat and lazy? Why do they not attempt to grow stronger? You want to know why?

They joined for their 10$ discount and pay check and were too dumb to get a real job. I'm in better shape than 99% of our military and I will be my entire life because I never stop growing and I never stop learning from life experiences.

@Heartless

You probably are fat and nasty with rotten teeth. The only overweight ex military tou know are some welfare bums that can't or won't hold a job.

You couldn't hold thw jock strap of a veteran OR active duty service member. :x

View more comments (9)

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - PROMISED DELIVERY NEVER ARRIVED

I ordered a bar-b-que grill and requested delivery on a specific date. Though Lowes told me it would take 7-10 business days to obtain the product, this was no problem since I ordered it 16 days in ADVANCE. Lowes confirmed my delivery date and charged my credit card. The DAY BEFORE my grill was to be delivered, i received a call from them telling me the grill I ordered was not available and they would not be receiving this model to fulfill my order. They didn't inform me at the time I placed my order...or even within a few days or a week following the placement of my order...THEY CALLED ME 18 hours BEFORE IT WAS TO BE DELIVERED--TWO FULL WEEKS AFTER PLACING MY ORDER--to tell me I wouldn't be receiving it! Too late to call Home Depot or another retailer to find the unit in time for the party I had planned weeks in advance. Terrible service.

Accused of shoplifting by Lowes

I had gone to Lowes to get fertilizer. On the way in, I noticed they had vegetable plants on sale. I bought the fertilizer and loaded it in my care when my wife called and needed some mosquito spray. I went back in, got it, and was headed back out to buy a couple of tomato plants when 2 female employees jumped in front of my cart. I told them I was just going to get a few other things but they wouldn't let go of my cart. I left it and as I was leaving she yelled across the store to what looked like a manager that I was trying to leave with merchandise. Embarrassing. I've shopped there for years but never again. I'm a 60 year old Professor and never stolen anything from anyone.

I went to Lowe's in Fort Oglethorpe, GA to purchase a small chest freezer. The display model was damaged and had a clearance price on it.

I told the sales person that I did not want the floor model. She checked in the back and told me that they still had some in their warehouse. I asked her the price. She told me it was the clearance price, that they must be changing models.

I waited a week for the delivery because I didn't want the display. When they finally delivered the freezer, they said it was damaged. They had brought me the display model. (and the delivery was a nightmare, too).

I called the store and they told me that I would have to come back in and let them credit and rebill for a new one.(and of course it costs more).

Then I tried to log in to leave my complaint and it is telling me that the user name or password is incorrect. (and I know it isn't!)

Why?Did you not pay first.You could have alway's came back for the package.Seems like you were trying to get something for nothing.You very seldom see a person load their vehicle first without paying.

I find it hard to be believe they jumped in front of your cart, all dramatic about spray. Maybe power tools.

I think you were heading out with it, stealing or not stealing, and they just asked if you've paid for that. Stop the drama.

If you hadn't paid for the mosquito spray and were headed outside with it, what were the employees supposed to think?

Review
#411956 Review #411956 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Manager
Tags
  • Lowes embarrassing shoplifting exp

Lowes - Online order - double charged credit card

My husband and I tried to place an online order using my husband's visa. When we submitted the order on lowes.ca we received a message that the card was declined. We found that odd as there was enough credit limit to accept the transaction. We thought that maybe we had entered the card # incorrectly so we tried again. We received another decline message. At this point we used by credit card and the transaction went through and we received an order number. But then to our surprise we find that Lowes had processed the "declined" amount on my husband's credit card after all but had not sent us an order number for this transaction. Without an order number Lowes instore and customer service say they cannot do anything. And Visa won't do anything as they say its Lowes fault. At this point we have paid $2300 twice and have already spent hours instore and on the phone trying to get this resolved. We are faced with the prospect of spending more time to get our money back but now I read that this happened to others as well. And Lowes is not doing anything to fix their system? Shame on them and I am going to make a big stink of this!
Review
#411952 Review #411952 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Kokomo, Indiana - Rude managers

After having several issues with customer service at Kokomo, IN store was directed to managers on two occasions to resolve my issue. The first time I was directed to an Assistant manager (Jim) when I mentioned I do a lot of business with the store he looked at me as if I was lying and wanted to look my name up in the computer after verifying that I did indeed shop there he did the best he could to resolve the issue but was still very rude in the process. On a second occasion I had an issue with a return and this time was directed to the STORE MANAGER (Jeff) who was even more disrespectful and rude than the assistant manager I had dealt with previously. This is not acceptable in a customer service oriented business and I refuse to shop at this location. My business will go to another Lowes store or Menards here in town. The worst part is when attempting to complain to Lowes corporate the people on the phone were just as rude!

Well now you are learning where the retail employees get it from, the people whom they were trained by. Also, if you have a legitimate complaint, then you should get great customer service, however, I have found being that I work in retail there are a lot of a.s.s.hole customers out there it's ridiculous.

Some think they are always right and i'm sorry but the customer is NOT always right. I have no idea why some customers think it's okay for them to yell or be rude to the employee yet not expect the same treatment back. We are all human beings, and I don't think employees should have to take *** all of the time from customers especially when it's not the associate's fault. Policies and pricing you should deal with the corporate who handles those things.

It is only our job to enforce the policies, we don't make them. Not saying this was your issue, but just that sometimes you need to understand why some employees are the way they are.

Reason of review