store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Fired after 18 years | Lowes review from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

On yahoo today I seen a story of a woman who worked for 18 years for lowes.She got fired for stopping a shoplifter who stole 600 dollars worth of stuff.The shoplifter was arrested.I will never shop lowes again.you had aloyal employee who did her job well.I really hope many people will boycott lowes as i have.boycott lowes. boycott lowes. boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes ....sorry but they will not let me post less than 100 words.........boycott lowes boycott lowes ..please boycott lowes send them a message please

This is just plain a foolish post. You have no personal knowledge of what happened, just something you saw posted elsewhere.

You don't know the whole story and whether it is true or not. I could assume you are just mad a Lowes for not hiring you because you stutter, and I know you stutter by reading the last half of your post.

18 Years come on how about a second chance with a warning and before anyone says what about her previous incidents as an employee. 18 Years she can't be that bad?????????

We are told time and time again at Lowe's as part of our training that we are not to EVER try and catch a thief. She knew better.

Her life is more valuable then the tool and anything could have happened to her. Safety first is a big motto of the company. If she has been working for Lowe's for 18 years she new better, the training on this is given frequently. We may not like the rule but we must follow it or live with the consequences.

In this case it was automatic termination. Feel bad for her but she made a choice.

OK, Mike I made a couple mistakes in your opinion. I live in a right to work state, and anybody can be fired on the whim of the employer.

Yes, I admit I made a spelling error.

That being said I would be willing to bet the person that posted the complaint is considerably younger than I am, and I would also be willing to bet they weren't taking care of a two year old great grandson, while his mother was going in for radiation treatment. All in all I didn't make as many mistakes as the poster did.

Courtnie
@anonymous

You are right - they may have it worse than you. Some do.

With all that going on how is it you have time critique comments?

Of course you believe everything your read online. If this employee even got fired, did it occur to you that there could be more to the story than what was online.

For one thing if this happened in a right to work state a person can be fired for absolutely no reason at all.

Being you think you are so perfect, go to you complaint and correct you puncuation and spaces between sentences. Also there should be a space between the words "a" and "loyal." You don't know the whole story of what went on at the time.

Courtnie
@anonymous

"Being you think you are so perfect, go to you complaint and correct you puncuation" Did you mean "your" and "punctuation"? Also, I believe you mean "At will employment" state, which fits this situation.

Many confuse this with "right to work". Perhaps you should do some research and proof-reading before critiquing others.

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes Shenandoah cabinets working with Lowes is wakeful!

We paid for our kitchen cabinets July 4th weekend 2013. Our cabinets were to be finished by August 12. They brought cabinets out on 8th, installed some boxes, but couldn't finish because so many parts weren't sent. They stopped. One cabinet was totally wrong, 3 attempts to fix , they are suppose to put shelves now. It's Oct 10th, still not finished, supposed to be next week. Meanwhile we can't move in the house, appliances can't be installed. It's a frickin mess. I don't know who to complain to. You can't reach corporate. If anyone knows please let me know. They don't care! That's why you pay upfront in full! Don't deal with them!
Review
#451973 Review #451973 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation

Lowes Free Delivery - A No Show Service

Bought a new dishwasher with free delivery. First they never called as promised to tell me the 2 hour window. When I called I was given window but no delivery arrived. I called Lowes and the guy told me it wasnt that late. Really? I called their dispatch and a nice woman told me she left a message and text message for the delivery person, asking him to call me, that i was waiting only a half hour more. No call back. So I have wasted 2 1/2 hours off from my job for a "free" delivery that never arrived. I give Lowes an F for customer service. I wont buy another appliance from them.
Lowes Delivery Service
Tags
  • Lowes Free Delivery

New roof leaking and portion of vaulted ceiling falling in | Lowes review from Warrenton, Missouri

We had Lowe's install a new roof on our house and this is the results we got (see pictures). We have been trying for over 18 months to get this resolved. The last comment the store installation manager told me was "we are finished with this project and you received a quality product with a quality installation". If you want to see what Lowe's calls quality please review the attached file of a few pictures. The insurance company said they would not get involved because it is a bad install and requires the homeowner to resolve the issue. If it was a faulty product they would resolve the issue. Lowe's legal department did send us a settlement offer which covers 38% of what we have spent and what we will have to spend to correct the problems and make our house whole again. This offer was rejected so they increased their offer by $82 which now covers 38%. I have sent their legal department another letter rejecting this latest offer. During my last telephone conversation with Rich Nystrom of Lowe’s, the gentleman handling our claim, he said that Lowe’s is committed to quality and this will be resolved. I asked him if it would be resolved to the customer’s satisfaction or Lowe’s and he never responded. I also asked if he considered new shingles with rips and tears in them that have been patched with caulking as a quality product. Again he never responded. Since he would not respond I assume the answer to the former is Lowe’s and the latter is yes. The Wentzville Missouri store installation manager also stated that Lowe’s is not responsible for any issues because Lowe’s didn’t actually do the work as it was subcontracted out even though the contract was signed with Lowe’s. I submitted a complaint with pictures on Lowe’s Facebook page only to have them deleted after about 3 hours (may have been sooner as that was when I checked) so I resubmitted them the next day and watched them get deleted after less than 2 minutes. Appears they are very thin-skinned. If you need a new roof you should think really hard about having this company touch what is probably your most valued investment.

Post pics to the Pissed Consumer FB page. Legal action, be done negotiating with Lowes.

We got a broken window from Lowes causing water damage. Your lucky Rich calls you back.

I have left 2 messages, no return calls. Similar result as you on FB. NEVER walking into a Lowes again.

Ready to file BBB complaint and post on Angies list.

Charish
@Anonymous

I tried the BBB, but as soon as Lowe's responded to the BBB that any further communications should be addressed to their legal department the BBB closed the complaint as resolved with no further action to be taken. I guess the BBB got scared off.

I also canceled my Lowe's credit card and when I asked the lady if she wanted to know the reason why she said "No, I am sure you have a good reason". I said I would think you would be concerned when an account gets closed and she said "for every account we close we have 6 applications for new accounts".

Really concerned about customer satisfaction right. Wish you the best with your issues.

What you get when you don't hire a good local independent company to do it, Lowe's is comprised of "don't know hows"

John N

Find an attorney who will give you a free consult. Then, if he thinks you can win, sue them.

That they will not ignore.

Pleading with Lowe's will not work. Legal action will.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Installation

Lowes extended warranty

was told after two years that I had exhausted my 5 years worth of warranty. That the $ amount allocated was used up. It had been in the service center 5 times and each time it was there between 6 weeks and 3 months. This is crazy! They said that they could setup service, but that I would be paying the bill. They won't replace the $1500 mower because I got a military discount when they sold it to me; and they won't honor their warranty ??? At first the store manager said that my name wasn't in his book and that he had been there for 5 years and that my mower had never been serviced. Then, the real manager called and explained the warranty issue.

Lots of ignorance happening here. Extended Warranties do not start until the manufacture warranty expires. Learn your lesson do not buy extended warranties they are 100% profit to the store.

Extended warranty is total from Lowes. Do not get suckered into purchasing.

I purchased a three year extended warranty and get told that the extended warranty runs in conjunction with the manufacturer warranty. So in actuality it really was only a one year extended warranty as the manufacturer covered the first two years of repair. They gave some non sense that they cover cost the manufacturer does not. that it not true the purchase I have is from a respected manufacturer and if the equipment broke due to something they were at fault for they covered all costs to get it fixed.

What is even more funny is that on a cheaper purchase I was told I had to use manufacturer for repairs as the warranty did not start until after manufacturer warranty expired.

Funny how that applies when convenient to Lowes. Shop anywhere but this farce of a company.

@never at lowes

actually if you buy an extended warranty it's supposed to run AFTER the manufacturer's runs out. at least that's how it is here with Home Depot.

so if you buy a 2 or 3 year warranty that's what you get but only AFTER whatever the manufacturer's is runs out. now with your example of having purchased a 3 year extended warranty that indeed should have started AFTER the manufacturer's runs out. this is in no way Lowes fault unfortunately it is your own ignorance in being sold something you frankly do not need. as stated above it's pure profit for the store.

yes many times people get them and get the value for them but many also get them, never register and/or never need them so it's all $$$ in the company's coffers.

also to another point. manufacturer's warranties in many cases only cover manufacturer's defects and parts only in many cases there too. not normal wear and tear abuse/misuse/neglect/etc. also whenever you buy ANYTHING look for the warranty info in the packaging.

there should be a warranty info packet/flyer and a warranty registration card in most cases too.

if not contact the manufacturer for this info. some need to stop placing the blame on the retailer as they have no control over what the manufacturer does/doesn't cover and need to take responsibility in their own purchasing decisions.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Shop at lowes?

went to Lowes to purchase a window ac. They only had display model left so they knocked off 10 per cent off of the price. When I went to start it found you needed the remote control which they did not give me.When I called them they told me I got a discount , call fridgedare. I'm sure they would not be that *** to put the remote on the shelf where somebody could walk off with it, but this is Lowes -so maybe.Think they at customer service would look for it?Lowes is the worst when it comes to helping customers. Last time I shop at Lowes. We need to support the local small hardware and other local stores who appreciate the business and not the big box stores who think their salary comes from heaven.

Sometimes they don't have all the components, sometimes it is not in top stock. It's a display, sold as is.

I bought a display ceiling fan, I had to buy a separate remote, big deal. Again, it's a display.

If it stops working tomorrow, don't expect a return, they most likely discontinued the item, that's why they sell the displays.

When units are put on display, the original empty boxes with remotes and instructions are placed back up in top stock. I have bought many display items from Lowes over the years and 90% of the time the original boxes with related parts are in top stock above the units.

The box should be marked "display". Have somebody look in top stock for you.

Floor install | Lowes review from Mckinney, Texas

Do not recommend: Use installers of all experience level and no telling which you will get to install your product. From the installer who has no experience to extensive experience. Best of all, Lowes will do everything possible to keep from taking responsibility for its installers. I had floors installed and within three months started to buckle. They have given excuses from animals, high moisture, foundation, and pluming. Animals: I don't think so. Not through out the whole house, even places where no animals. High moisture: then floors should not have been installed in the first place by installers. Foundation: had a foundation company examine house, no problems Pluming: had plumbers examine, no problems found

File a complaint with your state licensing board for contractors. File with the BBB, even though they do nothing you have a record of your complaint.

Viaan

Wrong (and Lowes should have advsed you)... Wood reqires a constant humidity between 35 - 55% otherwise you will get buckleing and gapping.....regardless of the quality of the installer.

Also the wood should have sat for a couple days in your house to acclimate.....did they do that?

Lastly - most of he big boxes sub out the labor piece so that they are insullated from claims.....they just sell the product they technically do not install. You get what you get for going with the Big Boxes

APPLIANCE INSTALLATION NIGHTMARE | Lowes review

IN APRIL OF 2013 WE PURCHASED A SET OF WHASHER AND DRYER AT LOWE'S IN RIVERVIEW, FL. IT TOOK THEM A WHOLE MONTH TO DELIVER AND INSTALL. THEN TWO MONTHS AFTER THE INSTALLATION, OUR HOUSE WAS SUBMERGED IN WATER, FROM BASEBOARD TO CARPET,FROM LAUNDRY ROOM TO LIVINGROOM, EVERYTHING RUINED. WE FOUND OUT THAT THEY DID NOT TIE UP THE HOSES AND WATER HAS BEEN DRIPPING, LEADING TO A MESS. SINCE AUGUST 08, 2013 WE HAVE BEEN CALLING, TRYING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. FINALLY, 3 WEEKS AGO, A LADY CAME TO INSPECT & TOOK PICTURES; THAT WAS THE LAST WE HEARD - CALLS AFTER CALLS, NOTHING. WE PURCHASED AT HOME DEPOT AND WE NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM THAT THEY COULD NOT RESOLVE. THEY CARE MORE FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS THAN LOWE'S. I AM POSTING THIS AND AM IN A MISSION TO EDUCATE PEOPLE ABOUT THE WAY LOWE'S TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS. WE SPENT MORE THAN $2500.00 IN THIS SET AND PURCHASED AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. STILL TODAY, WE CAN'T DO LAUNDRY. THE WATER IS SHUTS OFF TO AVOID FURTHER DISATERS AND STILL WAITING ON LOWE'S TO COME AND FIX THE PROBLEM. FRANKLY, IT IS DISCUSTING THE WAY THEY ARE HANDLING THIS ISSUE; THE WAY THEY ARE HANDLING THEIR CONSUMERS. PEOPLE: LOWES HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THEIR CUSTOMER - DO NOT BUY APPLIANCES OR ANYTHING FROM LOWES. THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY BUT DO NOT STAND BEHIND YOU.

One problem at one store does not mean all of Lowe's people, products and services are bad.

Get out a pair of pliers, tighten the hoses and get back to doing your laundry.

Outsourcing business to another country.. | Lowes review

Went to purchase about $7K in custom cabinets from Lowe's. Spent a long time designing and putting it all together. Got to the register to check out utilizing checks provided from my bank attached to a line of credit that is more than sufficient. Lowe's runs the check through Synergy to verify check, that would be fine if the people on the other end of the phone understood English. They declined the check because they could not understand English. Asked to speak to a supervisor was left on hold so long we finally gave up. Lowe's we are done with you, we are building a house and will give you no more business. Give the business to verify your checks to an American business, if someone could have explained why the check was declined we would probably still be doing business, but your willingness to do business with this outfit is the end. We know a lot of people in the building world and will share our experience with them as well. I realize it means nothing to you at Lowe's but I will do my part to convey our desire to see jobs brought back here to the USA
#1320326

It's time for Americans to start utilizing the mom and pop store rather than paying Lowes to hire H1B card holders (immigrants) and utilize India for all their call center issues including your credit cards & billing. I have always preferred Lowes over Home Depot but now they both are on my do not shop list.

I guess now when I need new appliances and other hardware items it will be the smaller non chain store. So much for being an American when the big stores prefer doing business in India.

All those people in the building world should also know that over 500 major retailers also use the same check verification system. You have most likely used plenty of these other department stores, grocery stores, drug stores, etc.

Anaysia

Excuse me but are you aware of this thing called the WORLD? Ever heard of globalization?

Companies engage in business activities all over the globe. This should not surprise you.

Craven
@Anaysia

Gee thanks for the enlightenment from Dripping Springs Tx. Globalization is great and I am probably at least as aware of it as you are.

My beef is with a major company employing a service where the customer service personnel are unable to speak so that I understand them, and then care so little about their jobs that they leave me on hold at a cash register in a busy Lowe's with the employees of Lowe's equally as frustrated as I am. Keep the jobs here in the US....

We don't need to outsource this kind of work. And yes you are right it does not surprise me, UNFORTUNATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View more comments (3)

LOWES / UPROMISE - BROKEN WEBSITE

We love your store and spend quite a bit of money each year on rental property renovations. My husband frequently attempts to place most of these orders online to 1) SAVE TIME - the ready for pickup option is great! and 2) SAVE MONEY - by trying to go through the Upromise program which Lowe's partners with. The problem we are having: The Lowes website (50% of the time errors out w/ a Javascript error) during the Lowes checkout when we place the order by going through the Upromise click through link. We are told by your customer support team it's because we are clicking through Upromise. They also advise they are unable to complete the order online for us and honor the 5% Upromise credit. We have ran into this situation at least 6 times this year where we are wasting ~2 hours on the internet/phone trying to get a large order placed. Upromise/Lowes advertises 5% of every purchase which helps sway our decision to purchase from Lowes and not Home Depot. We apply Upromise credits towards our son's college savings. Please offer and honor these types of credits and if your company policy is to not honor them please remove your self from the program as it calls into question the integrity of Lowes. #Upromise #BROKENWEBSITE

Has nothing to do with Upromise. The regular website has the same issue, still.

Product