store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Kitchen cabinet nightmare | Lowes review

Purchased custom kitchen cabinets 9/28/2013. Total was over $11,000. I paid 5,000 on credit and wrote a check for 6,000. They wouldn't accept check, made me get cash. I brought back $6,000 in cash. 2 weeks later cabinets still not ordered. I visited Lowes multiple times during that 2 weeks asking questions. I was promised someone would call, no one ever called so i had to keep going in (7 times!). Finally after 2 weeks, they continued to say that I needed to meet with someone again before they order the cabinets. I asked to make an appointment. They said employees were on vacation and I would have to come back. I asked for a refund. I was credited my 5,000 and they gave me 6,000 in cash, putting in on the counter for me to count! 2 days later I get a call from the cabinet manufacturer stating my cabinets will be delivered in 2 weeks! Lowe's was clueless. Never again. I filed complaints throughout the ordeal and never heard from anyone from Lowes. I guess they do not need customers anymore.

Free kitchen...score...wouldn't be the first time it happened...by the way...once the order is placed, it takes four to six weeks to be completed and shipped. When it comes to the cabinet department, only ever speak to that person.

No one else knows how that department works.

If they were on vacation and deserved it. Should of waited and only worked with that sales person.

Lowes.com

Tried to purchase items from clearance email rec'd from company. following email exchange w/ their c/service: Rec’d email clearance offer today. Shopped, added items to cart. Two attempts to check at approx. 0800 hrs CDT U.S. using Lowe’s credit card failed. Error message “500” and lengthy code sequence appeared on screen. Gave up knowing I could come back to cart since items remain in cart for “up to 30 days”. When I returned, two of the items in cart had changed in both price and quantity, specifically they had gone back to the regular price (I presume) and from 4 ordered to one. A phone call (actually it took 3 tries to get info to Lowe’s associate) to cust service and someone is now working on the problem. However, a third attempt to check out with the remaining items once again produced the “500” error and no sale. Therefore I have copied/pasted the error message below for your information. Let me know when problem is resolved so I can complete order Mr. Terry L. Combs The RESPONSE: I apologize for any technical issues you may have experienced while shopping online with us. If you are using Internet explorer this may be contributing to the issue you are having. You may reach our Sales team at 1-800-445-6937 for assistance placing an order. MY RESPONSE TO RESPONSE: So the most popular browser is the problem huh? If that is in fact true, one *** business model Lowe's has...The number one browser won't work on your dot com...Pretty amazing. And as for customer service, someone in an office in New Mexico and I had a phone conversation wherein she was to call back within an hour...over four hours ago at this writing... As of 36 hours and counting still haven't heard from cs rep I contacted (who has my number and actually called back during initial contact when call dropped...).
Review

Damaged refrigerator took a month to replace. | Lowes review from Marysville, Washington

Ordered a new refrigerator and received the next day delivery. Upon setting it up I discovered it had damage, crack inside the door and a dent on the outside of the same door. Reported it right away and was told I would receive a call. Next day make another call. A week later another call. 2 weeks go by so I write an email to customer service. Finally a response, someone will call you. 2 day later I get a call that they will call me again the following week to schedule a delivery but would I accept $100 to keep it. I ask for $250 but they decline. I go to the store and pose as a customer to see if they have it in stock, yes they do and I can get it delivered the next day, so what the *** am I having to wait another *** week! Another week goes by and I finally tell them I am returning it and I'll go elsewhere as I am closing in on the 30 day return policy and don't want to lose any leverage in this ordeal. Now they can deliver one the next day for me. I finally get my refrigerator and I just saw the damaged one at the store marked down from $1199 to $784, but they wouldn't give me back $250? Doesn't make much sense.
Viaan

Perfect sense. They wanted to wait you out.

Hoping you would just give up and accept the $100. Good For you for taking a stand and for forcing the issue.

Featured
Lowes Delivery Service

Numerous mistakes/misinformation by Lowes Employees re: Online order of countertp

Below is letter sent to CEO This is a very detailed account of my recent experience involving shopping at Lowes for a vanity counter-top which began in mid-September. For the purposes of remodeling my bathroom, my contractor (Mr. Michael Rombeiro) advised that I shop around online or for in-stock counter-tops at Home Depot or Lowes. My decision to shop at Lowes was based on its close proximity to my home. The first time I was there initially, I had a lot of difficulty finding someone who would even stop to help me find where the in-stock counter-tops were located. One person would refer me to someone else and they would refer me back to the other person. Finally, someone stopped long enough to tell me he did not know if they had any and if they did, he did not know where they were. I asked to talk to the manager and was told he left for the day. After spending an hour at Lowes without any further progress, I decided to leave and re-iterated what occurred to my contractor. He told me that they always carried a selection of in-stock counter-tops and I was misinformed. I returned to Lowes a week later to ask exactly what my contractor instructed me to do: Where are the in-stock vanity counter-tops. This time, the employee at Lowes escorted me to a selection of several counter-tops which I looked through and found just one pattern that would go in my bathroom, however, I noticed that the width of the ones at the store were all 8’ wide and I needed 6’ so I flagged down the person who showed me them and asked if I could have one custom-ordered to be 6’ instead of 8’. He said I could but that it would cost me an additional $300 to custom order any other laminate samples that were NOT in-stock. I immediately eliminated that idea due to the expense. Later, I would get a completely different story. I went home and looked at the ones I could order on-line from Lowes and I came across the same pattern in a 6’ width which I proceeded to order. What I did NOT know was that what the original counter-tops that the employee directed to me were in-stock “KITCHEN” counter-tops, NOT in-stock “VANITY” counter-tops. As a consumer, I don’t know that a different depth was required for each. This misinformation caused me to order the wrong size (in depth) for my bathroom. I placed the order for the counter-top on 9/20/13 in the amount of $104.40 and received it several days later. My contractor agreed to PICK IT UP on 9/30/13 at 9 AM sharp at Lowes and bring it to my house to cut and install it. I called Lowes many times prior to this day to make absolutely sure that the counter-top would be ready for him and I was assured that had it right there to be picked up as we arranged it. I called on Sunday evening to re-confirm this as I wanted to make this pickup as easy as possible for my contractor as well as myself, so I would not have to pay him extra for his time! Michael arrived at Lowes at exactly 9 AM with my Order # and everything that was required to pick up the counter-top. At 10 AM he called me at home and told me he was still waiting at Lowes which is why he was late. I was beginning to get annoyed because he should have had it by this time. More time went by and he called again at 10:30 AM to tell me he was still waiting. I then asked to talk to the manager because no one seemed to know where it was. I spoke to Jay, the manager, and he told me he was in the middle of looking for it and sometimes this takes time. So, essentially, I was lied to when Lowes informed me it would be ready & waiting for him at 9 AM just the previous evening! At 12:30 PM (after 3 ½ hours of waiting) I was furious and drove to Lowes to meet my Contractor and talk to the manager in person. Just when I had arrived, Jay had found ‘a counter-top’ (not the one I ordered) that would probably be acceptable. We finally left Lowes close to 2 PM. The 3-hour wait that Michael had to endure has cost me an additional $150. Both of our time is valuable and it was in no way acknowledged or respected plus it caused me an indescribable amount of stress. Unfortunately, the story does not end here. When we got the counter-top home and set up for cutting, Michael informed me that it was NOT the correct width. The counter-top I had been given measured an additional 5” depth than a standard vanity counter-top. It was NOT a bathroom counter-top as I had originally been told by Lowes personnel. I wanted so much to get this over with due to the stress of the day based on Lowes’ mistakes and lack of knowledge in this area, that I almost agreed to have him install it as it was. He convinced me to return it, get my money back and re-order a counter-top that was cut for vanities, NOT kitchens! Not only did I not want to step another foot into Lowes; I also did NOT want to custom order anything since Lowes Customer Service had already previously told me that it would cost $300 more to do so. However, he did convince me to return it. Returning it took an hour! After providing the cashiers all my paperwork pertaining to my order, they could not find it. Neither of them seemed to know what to do and called someone else over who also had difficulty finding my order. I could not believe what was happening. To add insult to injury, while they were looking for my order, they took the time to talk about and show each other their new manicures/nail polish. This is a total disgrace. I was about to lose my temper but my contractor escorted me out of the store for a few minutes to calm me down. It was not easy. It took another hour to find my order, return it, and get a credit on my credit card. Then it was time to place a new custom-made order. At first I did not want to because as I said previously, the rep at the counter desk told me it would cost me $300 more for another that was not in-stock. However, this information turned out to be incorrect. I could custom order ANY choice available at a reasonable price with accurate dimensions. If only I had been given the correct information during my first visit to Lowes, perhaps I would not have run into all these other nightmares. Given the new information, I went ahead and ordered a new counter-top which I am presently waiting for (again) to arrive at Lowes for pick-up by my contractor on or about 10/17. It only cost an additional $50 over the cost of the in-stock, wrong-sized counter-top that I had originally ordered. I have to wonder, when going to this store, who actually knows what they are talking about? There was so much information and mistakes on the part of Lowes that it’s difficult to keep track of. I had to pay $150 in additional costs to my contractor for mistakes that Lowes made, and caused a whole day to be wasted. While still in the store, I asked to talk to Jay, in the hope that I would be able to receive some sort of reasonable compensation for all the previous events. Jay had already left for the day, so they spoke to a new manager who had no knowledge of went on previously. She offered me a 10% discount which was far from what I lost that day, but I accepted it since it was the only offer I got at that time. Now I’m waiting for the new counter-top in the hopes that nothing will go wrong this time. I expect it to be there this time when Lowes says it’s going to be and not a moment later. I’m also writing this up as a complaint in order to receive a minimum of $150 compensation for 3 hours of time that I had to pay my Contractor for having to wait at Lowes for the original counter-top. Lowes showed no courtesy or respect for anyone’s time and it cost both of us a lot of unnecessary costs and stress. Sincerely, Trudi Neiverth Cc: BBB Michael Rombeiro (Licensed Contractor); Jay (Manager, Lowes, San Francisco)

You shouldn't have been involved in purchasing the countertop if you had no idea of what size top you needed. Kitchen tops are usually 25+ inches in depth.

Vanity cabinets are usually 18" or 21" deep requiring a 19" or 22" deep top. It's obvious you didn't even know what size vanity you had. You should have picked your color and let your contractor order the top.

I work somewhere other than Lowes, but find most of the problems are consumers ordering products that they have no clue about how they are installed and how to properly measure for them. They think they are going to save a few bucks by doing it themselves but end up paying more in the end because they didn't know what they were doing.

"If only I had been given the correct information during my first visit to Lowes, perhaps I would not have run into all these other nightmares." --- exactly, your contractor should of given you correct information before going to Lowes. The BATHROOM VANITIES are located in the Fashion Bath and Plumbing Department, NOT the Kitchen Cabinet Department.

Seriously people, I do not care if you are not a Do It Yourself type of person, there is a difference between Bathroom's and Kitchen's. On another note, the employees who work the kitchen cabinet department are the ONLY people who remotely understand that department.

I had to wait 2 1/2 hours for my Dr appointment the other day due to I have no clue what, but I'm not demanding compensation for wasting half my day. Ridiculous money grabbing....ugh :cry

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • Counter-tops

Price matching | Lowes review from Peoria, Arizona

I went to Lowes to get a quote on kitchen counter tops. I was looking at quartz with Ogee edging. They gave me (kind of) a quote and it was quite expensive. I went over to Home Depot and they were higher yet and told us to get a written quote. I went to a different Lowes to get a written quote as the salesperson we were dealing with was out for the week. This time I got a quote of $3,411.00 for everything including tax. This was a few hundred lower than we were quoted before. He had called the vendor about the edging and that is where we got the big discount. He also told us he was not going to put this as an official quote, because we can't keep going back and forth from Lowes to Home Depot for a price match. That was kind of funny since this was the first time they actually came down in price. So----we went to Home Depot to see what they could do. They called the vendor about the edging and guess what? It was the same guy that Lowes called!This time he would not come down on the price. We called Lowes back and they said they made a mistake and it would be $400.00 more for the Ogee edging. Hmmmm. How do you price match when you are dealing with the same person?

(1) Quartz, great product

(2) Ogee edge, ornate, ugly, too expensive due to the production time to produce it and the price of the tooling.

(3) There is NO tax when installed with Lowes, there IS tax with Home Depot.

(4) The price you buy the countertop for will not be the price you pay at the end, so why even price match. By the time template is done, you will probably end up paying more money because your own measurements were off.

(5) People make mistakes.

(6)"How do you price match when you are dealing with the same person?"...you don't, pick one and deal with it.

Both Lowes and Home Depot have similar companies that template, cut, and install countertops. Sometimes they are the exact same ones with different products.

These companies or licensed to buy wholesale the countertop material. The reason only rough estimates can be given is because until time of templating by the installer you really cannot be sure of sizing and unforseen things.

View more comments (1)

Fired after 18 years | Lowes review from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

On yahoo today I seen a story of a woman who worked for 18 years for lowes.She got fired for stopping a shoplifter who stole 600 dollars worth of stuff.The shoplifter was arrested.I will never shop lowes again.you had aloyal employee who did her job well.I really hope many people will boycott lowes as i have.boycott lowes. boycott lowes. boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes boycott lowes ....sorry but they will not let me post less than 100 words.........boycott lowes boycott lowes ..please boycott lowes send them a message please

This is just plain a foolish post. You have no personal knowledge of what happened, just something you saw posted elsewhere.

You don't know the whole story and whether it is true or not. I could assume you are just mad a Lowes for not hiring you because you stutter, and I know you stutter by reading the last half of your post.

18 Years come on how about a second chance with a warning and before anyone says what about her previous incidents as an employee. 18 Years she can't be that bad?????????

We are told time and time again at Lowe's as part of our training that we are not to EVER try and catch a thief. She knew better.

Her life is more valuable then the tool and anything could have happened to her. Safety first is a big motto of the company. If she has been working for Lowe's for 18 years she new better, the training on this is given frequently. We may not like the rule but we must follow it or live with the consequences.

In this case it was automatic termination. Feel bad for her but she made a choice.

OK, Mike I made a couple mistakes in your opinion. I live in a right to work state, and anybody can be fired on the whim of the employer.

Yes, I admit I made a spelling error.

That being said I would be willing to bet the person that posted the complaint is considerably younger than I am, and I would also be willing to bet they weren't taking care of a two year old great grandson, while his mother was going in for radiation treatment. All in all I didn't make as many mistakes as the poster did.

Courtnie
@anonymous

You are right - they may have it worse than you. Some do.

With all that going on how is it you have time critique comments?

Of course you believe everything your read online. If this employee even got fired, did it occur to you that there could be more to the story than what was online.

For one thing if this happened in a right to work state a person can be fired for absolutely no reason at all.

Being you think you are so perfect, go to you complaint and correct you puncuation and spaces between sentences. Also there should be a space between the words "a" and "loyal." You don't know the whole story of what went on at the time.

Courtnie
@anonymous

"Being you think you are so perfect, go to you complaint and correct you puncuation" Did you mean "your" and "punctuation"? Also, I believe you mean "At will employment" state, which fits this situation.

Many confuse this with "right to work". Perhaps you should do some research and proof-reading before critiquing others.

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes Shenandoah cabinets working with Lowes is wakeful!

We paid for our kitchen cabinets July 4th weekend 2013. Our cabinets were to be finished by August 12. They brought cabinets out on 8th, installed some boxes, but couldn't finish because so many parts weren't sent. They stopped. One cabinet was totally wrong, 3 attempts to fix , they are suppose to put shelves now. It's Oct 10th, still not finished, supposed to be next week. Meanwhile we can't move in the house, appliances can't be installed. It's a frickin mess. I don't know who to complain to. You can't reach corporate. If anyone knows please let me know. They don't care! That's why you pay upfront in full! Don't deal with them!
Review
#451973 Review #451973 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation

Lowes Free Delivery - A No Show Service

Bought a new dishwasher with free delivery. First they never called as promised to tell me the 2 hour window. When I called I was given window but no delivery arrived. I called Lowes and the guy told me it wasnt that late. Really? I called their dispatch and a nice woman told me she left a message and text message for the delivery person, asking him to call me, that i was waiting only a half hour more. No call back. So I have wasted 2 1/2 hours off from my job for a "free" delivery that never arrived. I give Lowes an F for customer service. I wont buy another appliance from them.
Lowes Delivery Service
Tags
  • Lowes Free Delivery

New roof leaking and portion of vaulted ceiling falling in | Lowes review from Warrenton, Missouri

We had Lowe's install a new roof on our house and this is the results we got (see pictures). We have been trying for over 18 months to get this resolved. The last comment the store installation manager told me was "we are finished with this project and you received a quality product with a quality installation". If you want to see what Lowe's calls quality please review the attached file of a few pictures. The insurance company said they would not get involved because it is a bad install and requires the homeowner to resolve the issue. If it was a faulty product they would resolve the issue. Lowe's legal department did send us a settlement offer which covers 38% of what we have spent and what we will have to spend to correct the problems and make our house whole again. This offer was rejected so they increased their offer by $82 which now covers 38%. I have sent their legal department another letter rejecting this latest offer. During my last telephone conversation with Rich Nystrom of Lowe’s, the gentleman handling our claim, he said that Lowe’s is committed to quality and this will be resolved. I asked him if it would be resolved to the customer’s satisfaction or Lowe’s and he never responded. I also asked if he considered new shingles with rips and tears in them that have been patched with caulking as a quality product. Again he never responded. Since he would not respond I assume the answer to the former is Lowe’s and the latter is yes. The Wentzville Missouri store installation manager also stated that Lowe’s is not responsible for any issues because Lowe’s didn’t actually do the work as it was subcontracted out even though the contract was signed with Lowe’s. I submitted a complaint with pictures on Lowe’s Facebook page only to have them deleted after about 3 hours (may have been sooner as that was when I checked) so I resubmitted them the next day and watched them get deleted after less than 2 minutes. Appears they are very thin-skinned. If you need a new roof you should think really hard about having this company touch what is probably your most valued investment.

Post pics to the Pissed Consumer FB page. Legal action, be done negotiating with Lowes.

We got a broken window from Lowes causing water damage. Your lucky Rich calls you back.

I have left 2 messages, no return calls. Similar result as you on FB. NEVER walking into a Lowes again.

Ready to file BBB complaint and post on Angies list.

Charish
@Anonymous

I tried the BBB, but as soon as Lowe's responded to the BBB that any further communications should be addressed to their legal department the BBB closed the complaint as resolved with no further action to be taken. I guess the BBB got scared off.

I also canceled my Lowe's credit card and when I asked the lady if she wanted to know the reason why she said "No, I am sure you have a good reason". I said I would think you would be concerned when an account gets closed and she said "for every account we close we have 6 applications for new accounts".

Really concerned about customer satisfaction right. Wish you the best with your issues.

What you get when you don't hire a good local independent company to do it, Lowe's is comprised of "don't know hows"

John N

Find an attorney who will give you a free consult. Then, if he thinks you can win, sue them.

That they will not ignore.

Pleading with Lowe's will not work. Legal action will.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Installation

Lowes extended warranty

was told after two years that I had exhausted my 5 years worth of warranty. That the $ amount allocated was used up. It had been in the service center 5 times and each time it was there between 6 weeks and 3 months. This is crazy! They said that they could setup service, but that I would be paying the bill. They won't replace the $1500 mower because I got a military discount when they sold it to me; and they won't honor their warranty ??? At first the store manager said that my name wasn't in his book and that he had been there for 5 years and that my mower had never been serviced. Then, the real manager called and explained the warranty issue.

Lots of ignorance happening here. Extended Warranties do not start until the manufacture warranty expires. Learn your lesson do not buy extended warranties they are 100% profit to the store.

Extended warranty is total from Lowes. Do not get suckered into purchasing.

I purchased a three year extended warranty and get told that the extended warranty runs in conjunction with the manufacturer warranty. So in actuality it really was only a one year extended warranty as the manufacturer covered the first two years of repair. They gave some non sense that they cover cost the manufacturer does not. that it not true the purchase I have is from a respected manufacturer and if the equipment broke due to something they were at fault for they covered all costs to get it fixed.

What is even more funny is that on a cheaper purchase I was told I had to use manufacturer for repairs as the warranty did not start until after manufacturer warranty expired.

Funny how that applies when convenient to Lowes. Shop anywhere but this farce of a company.

@never at lowes

actually if you buy an extended warranty it's supposed to run AFTER the manufacturer's runs out. at least that's how it is here with Home Depot.

so if you buy a 2 or 3 year warranty that's what you get but only AFTER whatever the manufacturer's is runs out. now with your example of having purchased a 3 year extended warranty that indeed should have started AFTER the manufacturer's runs out. this is in no way Lowes fault unfortunately it is your own ignorance in being sold something you frankly do not need. as stated above it's pure profit for the store.

yes many times people get them and get the value for them but many also get them, never register and/or never need them so it's all $$$ in the company's coffers.

also to another point. manufacturer's warranties in many cases only cover manufacturer's defects and parts only in many cases there too. not normal wear and tear abuse/misuse/neglect/etc. also whenever you buy ANYTHING look for the warranty info in the packaging.

there should be a warranty info packet/flyer and a warranty registration card in most cases too.

if not contact the manufacturer for this info. some need to stop placing the blame on the retailer as they have no control over what the manufacturer does/doesn't cover and need to take responsibility in their own purchasing decisions.

View more comments (2)