Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Where do I even start?

My first issue happened when I bought a can of black paint for an exterior door. I asked for it to be mixed black. He said he had to have a color swatch for it. It's black dude. You add black. Anyways, I bought it, sent it out to my contractors and they didn't use it because it looked purple. I brought it back and calmly asked for it to be remixed because it wasn't black. He promptly continued to tell me that they don't refund tinted paint. I said I didn't want a refund, I wanted my paint to be black like I asked the first time. He put a small dab on a piece of cardboard and dried it. He then showed it to me and said this is definitely black. Frustrated, I leave and go ahead and paint the door against my better judgement. It turned out to be blue. Next day, I go in to return some stuff that we didn't use on jobs. I walk up to the return desk and the lady asks if anybody saw me come in. How am I supposed to know? She continues to act suspicious and asks if I have a receipt. No I have a mylowes card I say. She puts the phone number in and says none of the stuff is on there and they won't return it without a receipt. Later I find out its because the cashiers have been using the wrong screen to enter the mylowes information. So now I have a bunch of stuff I can't return because I was told my stuff would be on a mylowes card and it's not. And just today I went to walk through a house that is supposed to be finished by Friday (2 days) and the walls are the wrong color because they sent me the wrong paint. My guys painted the entire house the wrong color. So now I have to waste more money and time fixing this problem that shouldn't have happened in the first place. AND I used to work at Lowes, so I know that getting things right isn't that difficult if people would actually do their jobs right. Needless to say, I am a bit frustrated with Lowes and am considering taking my business elsewhere.

I work at a Lowe's store and I know for a fact we take back almost anything. We recently took back a sump pump that we could never have sold.

It was made entirely of metal, no receipt, we just used an item number for a sump we presently sell and then through the pump into the trash compactor. Sure it was a loss for Lowe's but oh my we did make the customer happy.

Some of this return without a receipt stuff is actually theft.

I laughed very hard when you thought mixing black was as simple as putting black paint in. Watch the colors that go into mixing white once, you'll even see black go into that. :grin

if you worked at Lowes, you should know that they need a swatch with a number to enter in the paint machine so a formula can be made. You selected the paint color.

What does the paint in the rest of the house have to do with it?? You wanted black for the door, did you paint the whole house black.

If not, I'm sure you or someone else has selected that interior paint color. Sooo...get over yourself and quit blaming others for your lack of judgment in color.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - HOW DARE YOU SELL A DOORMAT THAT LOOKS LIKE THE AMERICAN FLAG

The Veterans have a right to be upset by the selling of this Doormat that resembles the American Flag. Even if it is not an exactly like our Flag, it still has enough design elements to be recognized as made to look like our Flag. This is disrestful of the Flag of this country and all the veterans who have fought for our freedoms. My Dad was a World War I Vet; my Brother....War War 11, and his son, Viet Nam. I will no longer shop at Lowes. I have already boycotted Home Depot because of their stand for the homosexuals; now I will boycott Lowes for their desrespect of our Flag.

Where can I buy an american flag doormat?. I have a mentally disturbed flag Nazi neighbor.

I want to wipe my feet on this flag. I'd wipe my *** too but I can't find flag toilette paper.

Did you see the doormats? they are not the flag itself but cute patriotic patterns. Stop posting unresearched *** ont he internet you homophobic ***.

Lowes does not cater to "trash", that would be Home Depot...go apologize for your homophobic remarks to them...so you have a place to steal.....

OK as far as American Flag Clothing and etc. OK!

But as far as a Doormat to Wipe Your Dirty Feet On? NO WAY!

As far as homosexuality go. . .

. I say to You "What Part of Sodom & Gomorrah DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND"?

@TheJohnlw

yes way!!!! Wipe yr dirty feet and *** with any flag you like. *** flag Nazi!!!

What's funny is that your intolerance is exactly what's wrong with this country. Thank God it is moving away from the bigotry that you display.

Have fun fighting the uphill battle. Here's a hint: you lose.

@Les

what part of the destroyed cities won?

@readthebook

Might want to do a wee bit more research. Those cities were destroyed for trampling on the poor and lack of hospitality.

Like your lack of hospitality toward *** persons. P. S.: It's not about winning or losing. It's about God's love for ALL of humanity, including you.

That's the underlying message of the WHOLE of Scripture. Hint: The Sodom and Gomorrah story is not the WHOLE of Scripture.

You are welcome to your opinions as a Veteran no matter if the homo's do not like it or not. Maybe the snotty nose imps of this country will figure that out when they have to learn their new national language, Chinese.

Perhaps Lowes could sell an Arab nation flag.

That would be a big seller and made in China. I would gladly wipe my mud on it.

Lowes isn't the only business to sell things that look like a flag. There are clothes, tablecloths, towels, and on and on that are made to look like flags.

From different things I have heard it isn't even proper to have t-shirts and caps with a flag motif on them. It seems like the same might apply to the flag patches that that different police departments, etc.

You might as well get off your high horse about Lowes selling the door mats, unless you are going to take on every manufacturer that uses the flag motif improperly.

Ha ha..........You nasty old hag,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You can go f#### yourself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :cry :p :cry

You sound like a homphobioc ***. I am sure Lowes and Home depot will miss you. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

View more comments (11)

Lowes - Lowe's Stanley CH7 Chipper

Like many others, I also bought a Stanely CH7 based on the "electric start" When I couldn't find it in the manual I was told that it "must be an electric assisted state and that I would see the difference" of course if I added gas or oil then it could not be returned. now that Lowe's has finally admitted that they "made a misstatement" i.e. falsely described it , they will not stand behind their "mistake" To bad, So sad" your stuck with it. The lesson my friends and family learned is never to buy a big ticket item from Lowe's. I'm not surprised that CNN reported: "A day after Home Depot (HD) delivered earnings and revenue that were much better than forecasts and raised its guidance, Lowe's (LOW) reported a weaker-than-expected quarterly profit for the first-quarter on declining sales"

Lowes in Cordele, Georgia - Warranty! HA HA

I purchased a troy-bilt riding lawn mower last July (2012) for about $1200. Since then, I've put less than 20 hours of use on this machine; from the time it was purchased until winter (JAN 2013). We changed the oil prior to storing the mower for the winter months. After about three months of non-use other than bi-weekly starts to keep the fluids circulated we used the mower for about three hours over the last two months. Five days ago while mowing the grass, the mower suddenly stopped. After re-starting and releasing the brake the mower stopped again. I researched the problem and determined that the issue was related to a faulty or disconnected "safety" switch. Upon calling the Lowes service line (1-888-77LOWES) I was informed that my so called warranty did cover this issue and I would have to pay Lowes a pickup and delivery fee and have to wait 7-10 work days after Lowes shipped off the mower for repairs, for a part that shouldn't have malfunctioned in the first place. After paying over a thousand dollars shouldn't I have a reasonable expectation of quality? Considering the hours that I've put on the mower, am I not still in the break in period? Ironically, the last thing I would expect to happen is the mower BREAK during this time. Not very funny! And to add insult to injury Lowes expects me to pay to have the mower picked up and dropped off and to wait at least two more weeks if I want cut my grass. Isn't that why I gave Lowes well over a THOUSAND dollars in the first place? My family has been loyal customers of LOWES for well over twenty years but not after this. Our money will be better spent patronizing businesses that sell quality parts and services and stand behind the equipment they sell. Unfortunately, LOWES doesn't believe in this philosophy. I will have a local dealer pick up, service/repair, and drop off this defective mower and pay fifty dollars for this to be done in 48 hours. But, I will never spend another penny at Lowes!

Why aren't you complaining about Troy Built. They made it and being less than a year old it would be Troy Built's warranty that would repair it. Your complaint should be with them, not Lowes.

nikalseyn

A couple of things:

1. You do not have to start the machine up periodically when in storage. Just clean it up with a good cleaner and wax it plus put vinyl protectant on the vinyl parts. Then change the oil, clean the filter, etc. and finally, add some stabil to keep the gas fresh, top the gas off, run it for ten minutes and then let it sit till you need it again. It will start right up and no harm will come to the engine.

2. As for your starting problem. If it is, indeed shutting down because of a safety switch when you try to move it, you can either replace the faulty switch yourself or do some research and bypass the safety switch. These things are usually engaged by the closing/opening of an electrical circuit. You bypass and keep the circuit open all the time and you no longer have to worry about that happening again. Or, ask the repairman how to do it, or if he does not know you well, ask him a hypothetical question on bypassing these things.

3. Lowe's is what it is. They are a big company and not the same as the local, small repairman. It's always best to avoid the big box repairs anyway as you never know how well the repair will be done.

4. Troybilt is NOT synonymous with WELLbuilt. Not anymore. Reliability is apparently going down for this brand. They have always been expensive but worth it. No longer. In an effort to compete they have cheapened their components and while now competetive price-wise are just not worth the problems they have.

5. I now only recommend John Deere. But, only if you buy from a local John Deere dealer---never from Lowe's, etc.

Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Milford, Connecticut - Horrible Delivery Response Time

I have only purchased products twice from Lowes and I should have known from my first experience to never do it again but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Wont happen again. The first time I ordered to the store a mirror. I got an email confirmation stating the product arrived instore and was ready for pick-up. I drove 35 min to the store and they explained it wasnt actually there. This was after waiting 30 min for them to "find it". Told me they could order another but would take a week. After a week they told me another week. I cancelled my order at that point. On to my second experience. Ordered a light online to my house. Told me 2 weeks for delivery. Product never showed up. Then when I called them to find out where my product was I had to sit on hold for 15 min. Will NEVER shop here again

Terrible customer service if anything ever goes wrong. Bought a fridge there and the first one never worked and needed to be replaced immediately, and its replacement broke in less than a year.

Lowe's staff at both Milford store and corporate office gave me conflicting info, would not return calls in a timely manner. Confirmed a repair appointment this week but no one ever showed up and no one followed up. One week later, rotten food in broken fridge and no ETA from Lowe's on when we can expect someone to look at it. And apparently I will need to have the fridge looked at by a repair company THREE MORE TIMES before they can give me a new unit - keep in mind that it has already been looked at twice already!

Pretty sure three more visits will be a waste of everyone's time as this fridge is obviously a lemon!! Buy from Home Depot or local business.

Lowe's staff at Milford is useless and do not care about customers' issues. :(

After hearing all the complaints I will not even go to any Lowes stores,If all the complaints are true Lowes should be put out of business.Lowes keep your junk in China.

Tags
  • 15 min

Lowes Sells Junk

Over the years, Lowes has driven out our old home improvement store out of business. Here are some of the things that I've purchased at Lowes and what my experiences have been. Built a deck. Purchased most of the lumber from a local lumber company. Finished on a Sunday and purchased remaining wood at Lowes. Lowes lumber was the ONLY lumber (pressure treated) to warp on my deck. And I mean drastic warping. Purchased a rj45/rj11 crimper for work. Used it very little. About the 3rd or 4th time I used it, it would no longer crimp properly. Purchased a vanity at Lowes. The faucet barely lasted a year until it started leaking. When I tried to find the replacement parts to fix the faucet, finding an associate in the store was like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa. Nobody seemed to know how to order the replacement part even after I supplied the model numbers and receipt. Ended up purchasing another full faucet (NOT AT LOWES). Purchased two electric baseboard heaters at Lowes. Purchased the thermostats for these at Lowes. Connected them and the one of the thermostats would not shut off. The baseboard heater heated to a dangerously high temperature! They did replace it, but it was a great inconvenience for me. Purchased a stove and dishwasher from Lowes. The stove's packing film would not come off easily. They said it was probably "baked" on. They had to bring a new stove. The dishwasher would not clean the dishes properly. They replaced the dishwasher and it did the same thing. Had them back several times to try to remedy the problem. Finally, I had to call my own plumber in who immediately found that the dishwasher was not connected properly by the "Lowes recommended installer". I brought all these issues up with Lowes corporate office and they offered me a 10% off coupon for my next purchase at Lowes. I informed them not to bother because I will NEVER walk into another Lowes store again. They are the Walmart of home improvement. Just remember, you get what you pay for!
#1320225

I purchased a Project Source Single Lever Kitchen Faucet and the hand handle came loose/off months later. Finding information on a defective screw is all but impossible with the vague manual they give you or the Lowes websites.

I need the screw size so I can buy a new screw and wrench. Now rather than leaving a loose but partially usable handle on the faucet for other people in the house to use I must take the handle & screw to locate a part & screw.

It now becomes a rush job.

Besides coming loose months after installation Project Source and Lowes have very poor information on their products.

Lowes and Home Depot both buy disc merchandise, a lot of which is flawed or seconds.

Reason of review
Bad quality

Lowes in Mantua, New Jersey - Lowe's/Heartland Install NJ

I have been given the run around from Backyard Products, the install company for Heartland/Lowe's. The cancelled my original reservations and lost my second reservation. This was all after I already destroyed previous shed and valuables are on the lawn. Had to call Lowe's and Backyard Products many times before given a straight answer. They told me the third time they would arrive by one, it is now almost two in the afternoon. Do not go through the hassle of this. Go through a contractor. This shed better be worth all of this. Hopefully, Lowe's will compensate me for this issue.
Heartland_Industries

We are always sorry to hear about issues with our products. We would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding the issues at hand and to get them all corrected and to discuss compensation options that may be available. Please contact our customer service department at 800-577-9663.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thank You.

Heartland Customer Service

When the customer above stated he had to call Lowe's several times to get a straight answer. Installed sales at Lowe's should have been on the phone with Backyard or finding another contractor in their rotation to perform this build.

I know Backyard is full of a bunch of real winners but Installed Sales does have to do their part as well since the customer went into the store and purchased this shed.

Service doesn't stop after the sale is final at the check out. Lowe's had this guys money and he had nothing but a bunch of empty promises.

Why should Lowes "compensate" you for anything. It doesn't sound like Lowes has done anything wrong.

It sounds like it is Backyard products you should be complaining about. If "compensation" comes from anyone it should be them. Think of it this way. If you wrote a check to Lowes and it bounced should Lowes be pissed at you or your bank?

It isn't the banks fault enough funds weren't there, they are in the middle, facilitating the transaction between you and Lowes.

Same thing here, Lowes is in the middle facilitating the transaction between you and Backyard Products. Direct your anger where it belongs.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Shed Installation

Lowes sucks!

Just about every order I have placed with them has been screwed up in some way shape or form. Charging my for an ac unit that I ordered online but the refund takes days to get on an item they don't even have! That's bull! Then when I call the store they are rude and don't really help me. They tell me to get it form annother store! Isn't this co a chain??? I shouldn't have to do that. Why would I purchase another 500 dollar unit when you haven't refunded me for the first one. A toliet I ordered in store took 3 months to come in and they claimed it would be much much less. THey have waisted a lot of my time and energy!!! Back when I bought my house I called to check on my order of a dishwasher.... loe an behold--- they ordered me a spa tub instead. WTF??? Three different times they failed to give my all my items at check out and I had to go back for them!!! Get your act together lowes!!!

Sounds odd to me. What does being a chain have to do with getting product from one store to another?

Most "Chains" have a distribution center that ships products to the stores. They usually don't have trucks running from one store to another. As for the refund it was probably a credit to a credit card. For some reason charges to credit cards are processed much faster than credits by the credit card companies.

Give it a day or 2 and it will show up. It's much more likely that you didn't take all your items from the check out counter than it is that they tried to keep them.

If they had ordered you a tub rather than a dishwasher that should have been plain as day on the order form at the time of order...why didn't you question it then. I don't think Lowes deserves all the blame here.

Don't buy from Lowes

We went to Lowes looking for a metal hideaway hose reel because our dogs chew on the plastic ones. While at Lowes we saw exactly what we were looking for in the greenhouse. It was actually being used to hold the hoses which were used to water the plants. We asked staff where we could locate the product in the store as we hadn't seen one for sale in the hose reel section. Staff stated they didn't actually sell them, just used them for personal use. Disappointed to have found exactly what we were looking for, but discovering it wasn't for sale, we went home and looked online. To our surprise, we found the exact product we were told by a Lowes employee they did not sell, on their website. I called and placed my order over the phone. Within an hour of placing the order, I received a call from Lowes stating due to an "IT error" the order was cancelled and I would need to place the order again. I checked my bank account and was charged $269.63 for a $119 hose reel. I was told it would take 7-10 business days to receive a refund and they encouraged me to place the order again and stated my card would be charged again. Needless to say, I did not place the order again and stated I would just wait for my refund. I waited the 10 days and called back as I had not received a refund to my account. The woman I spoke with was rude and kept talking over me. She stated the order was listed as completed and stated the item had been picked up. I live in OR, the store that was suppose to send the product to me is in FL. It seemed obvious to me that I did not pick up the product, but not to this ***. I had to argue with her for several minutes and then she put me on hold for 20 minutes. She came back and stated she had called the store in FL and cancelled the order and I should receive a refund in 7-10 days. I asked why she had to call and cancel an order I had been told was cancelled due to an IT error 10 days ago by Lowes, not me. She didn't have an answer and told me to "have a nice day" and hung up on me. Home Depot all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lowes, never again.....

GO TO JERRY'S. FOR GET HOME DEPOT OR LOWES!

Loss

Lowes in Wytheville, Virginia - 3 Weeks Now and Still not closer to having my Mower fixed!

I purchased an extended warranty plan through lowes. My mower broke when it was almost 2 years old. I called over 3 weeks ago to have it fixed and they have set me up with 2 different companies to have it fixed. I ended up having to call the shops because I didn't hear anything from them and when I did they said they weren't taking any more customers. I called Lowes again today and they said they'll call me back in two days. Two days here, two days there and I'm at the same place I was 3 weeks ago. Ughhh so frustrating! This warranty plan is useless!

Extended Warranties or Repair plans are considered 100% profit to any major retail store. They also do not start working until the manufacture warranty has ended. As for as getting something repair that depends on the repair shop doing the repairs many of them are major backed up and it can takes weeks to months to have something fixed.

Extended warranties are just free money to box stores, especially Lowes. Don't buy them.

Product