Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - PROMISED DELIVERY NEVER ARRIVED

I ordered a bar-b-que grill and requested delivery on a specific date. Though Lowes told me it would take 7-10 business days to obtain the product, this was no problem since I ordered it 16 days in ADVANCE. Lowes confirmed my delivery date and charged my credit card. The DAY BEFORE my grill was to be delivered, i received a call from them telling me the grill I ordered was not available and they would not be receiving this model to fulfill my order. They didn't inform me at the time I placed my order...or even within a few days or a week following the placement of my order...THEY CALLED ME 18 hours BEFORE IT WAS TO BE DELIVERED--TWO FULL WEEKS AFTER PLACING MY ORDER--to tell me I wouldn't be receiving it! Too late to call Home Depot or another retailer to find the unit in time for the party I had planned weeks in advance. Terrible service.

Accused of shoplifting by Lowes

I had gone to Lowes to get fertilizer. On the way in, I noticed they had vegetable plants on sale. I bought the fertilizer and loaded it in my care when my wife called and needed some mosquito spray. I went back in, got it, and was headed back out to buy a couple of tomato plants when 2 female employees jumped in front of my cart. I told them I was just going to get a few other things but they wouldn't let go of my cart. I left it and as I was leaving she yelled across the store to what looked like a manager that I was trying to leave with merchandise. Embarrassing. I've shopped there for years but never again. I'm a 60 year old Professor and never stolen anything from anyone.

I went to Lowe's in Fort Oglethorpe, GA to purchase a small chest freezer. The display model was damaged and had a clearance price on it.

I told the sales person that I did not want the floor model. She checked in the back and told me that they still had some in their warehouse. I asked her the price. She told me it was the clearance price, that they must be changing models.

I waited a week for the delivery because I didn't want the display. When they finally delivered the freezer, they said it was damaged. They had brought me the display model. (and the delivery was a nightmare, too).

I called the store and they told me that I would have to come back in and let them credit and rebill for a new one.(and of course it costs more).

Then I tried to log in to leave my complaint and it is telling me that the user name or password is incorrect. (and I know it isn't!)

Why?Did you not pay first.You could have alway's came back for the package.Seems like you were trying to get something for nothing.You very seldom see a person load their vehicle first without paying.

I find it hard to be believe they jumped in front of your cart, all dramatic about spray. Maybe power tools.

I think you were heading out with it, stealing or not stealing, and they just asked if you've paid for that. Stop the drama.

If you hadn't paid for the mosquito spray and were headed outside with it, what were the employees supposed to think?

View more comments (3)
Review
#411956 Review #411956 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Lowes Manager
Tags
  • Lowes embarrassing shoplifting exp

Lowes - Online order - double charged credit card

My husband and I tried to place an online order using my husband's visa. When we submitted the order on lowes.ca we received a message that the card was declined. We found that odd as there was enough credit limit to accept the transaction. We thought that maybe we had entered the card # incorrectly so we tried again. We received another decline message. At this point we used by credit card and the transaction went through and we received an order number. But then to our surprise we find that Lowes had processed the "declined" amount on my husband's credit card after all but had not sent us an order number for this transaction. Without an order number Lowes instore and customer service say they cannot do anything. And Visa won't do anything as they say its Lowes fault. At this point we have paid $2300 twice and have already spent hours instore and on the phone trying to get this resolved. We are faced with the prospect of spending more time to get our money back but now I read that this happened to others as well. And Lowes is not doing anything to fix their system? Shame on them and I am going to make a big stink of this!
Review
#411952 Review #411952 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Kokomo, Indiana - Rude managers

After having several issues with customer service at Kokomo, IN store was directed to managers on two occasions to resolve my issue. The first time I was directed to an Assistant manager (Jim) when I mentioned I do a lot of business with the store he looked at me as if I was lying and wanted to look my name up in the computer after verifying that I did indeed shop there he did the best he could to resolve the issue but was still very rude in the process. On a second occasion I had an issue with a return and this time was directed to the STORE MANAGER (Jeff) who was even more disrespectful and rude than the assistant manager I had dealt with previously. This is not acceptable in a customer service oriented business and I refuse to shop at this location. My business will go to another Lowes store or Menards here in town. The worst part is when attempting to complain to Lowes corporate the people on the phone were just as rude!

Well now you are learning where the retail employees get it from, the people whom they were trained by. Also, if you have a legitimate complaint, then you should get great customer service, however, I have found being that I work in retail there are a lot of a.s.s.hole customers out there it's ridiculous.

Some think they are always right and i'm sorry but the customer is NOT always right. I have no idea why some customers think it's okay for them to yell or be rude to the employee yet not expect the same treatment back. We are all human beings, and I don't think employees should have to take *** all of the time from customers especially when it's not the associate's fault. Policies and pricing you should deal with the corporate who handles those things.

It is only our job to enforce the policies, we don't make them. Not saying this was your issue, but just that sometimes you need to understand why some employees are the way they are.

Reason of review
Poor customer service

Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - Where do I even start?

My first issue happened when I bought a can of black paint for an exterior door. I asked for it to be mixed black. He said he had to have a color swatch for it. It's black dude. You add black. Anyways, I bought it, sent it out to my contractors and they didn't use it because it looked purple. I brought it back and calmly asked for it to be remixed because it wasn't black. He promptly continued to tell me that they don't refund tinted paint. I said I didn't want a refund, I wanted my paint to be black like I asked the first time. He put a small dab on a piece of cardboard and dried it. He then showed it to me and said this is definitely black. Frustrated, I leave and go ahead and paint the door against my better judgement. It turned out to be blue. Next day, I go in to return some stuff that we didn't use on jobs. I walk up to the return desk and the lady asks if anybody saw me come in. How am I supposed to know? She continues to act suspicious and asks if I have a receipt. No I have a mylowes card I say. She puts the phone number in and says none of the stuff is on there and they won't return it without a receipt. Later I find out its because the cashiers have been using the wrong screen to enter the mylowes information. So now I have a bunch of stuff I can't return because I was told my stuff would be on a mylowes card and it's not. And just today I went to walk through a house that is supposed to be finished by Friday (2 days) and the walls are the wrong color because they sent me the wrong paint. My guys painted the entire house the wrong color. So now I have to waste more money and time fixing this problem that shouldn't have happened in the first place. AND I used to work at Lowes, so I know that getting things right isn't that difficult if people would actually do their jobs right. Needless to say, I am a bit frustrated with Lowes and am considering taking my business elsewhere.

I work at a Lowe's store and I know for a fact we take back almost anything. We recently took back a sump pump that we could never have sold.

It was made entirely of metal, no receipt, we just used an item number for a sump we presently sell and then through the pump into the trash compactor. Sure it was a loss for Lowe's but oh my we did make the customer happy.

Some of this return without a receipt stuff is actually theft.

I laughed very hard when you thought mixing black was as simple as putting black paint in. Watch the colors that go into mixing white once, you'll even see black go into that. :grin

if you worked at Lowes, you should know that they need a swatch with a number to enter in the paint machine so a formula can be made. You selected the paint color.

What does the paint in the rest of the house have to do with it?? You wanted black for the door, did you paint the whole house black.

If not, I'm sure you or someone else has selected that interior paint color. Sooo...get over yourself and quit blaming others for your lack of judgment in color.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - HOW DARE YOU SELL A DOORMAT THAT LOOKS LIKE THE AMERICAN FLAG

The Veterans have a right to be upset by the selling of this Doormat that resembles the American Flag. Even if it is not an exactly like our Flag, it still has enough design elements to be recognized as made to look like our Flag. This is disrestful of the Flag of this country and all the veterans who have fought for our freedoms. My Dad was a World War I Vet; my Brother....War War 11, and his son, Viet Nam. I will no longer shop at Lowes. I have already boycotted Home Depot because of their stand for the homosexuals; now I will boycott Lowes for their desrespect of our Flag.

Where can I buy an american flag doormat?. I have a mentally disturbed flag Nazi neighbor.

I want to wipe my feet on this flag. I'd wipe my *** too but I can't find flag toilette paper.

Did you see the doormats? they are not the flag itself but cute patriotic patterns. Stop posting unresearched *** ont he internet you homophobic ***.

Lowes does not cater to "trash", that would be Home Depot...go apologize for your homophobic remarks to them...so you have a place to steal.....

OK as far as American Flag Clothing and etc. OK!

But as far as a Doormat to Wipe Your Dirty Feet On? NO WAY!

As far as homosexuality go. . .

. I say to You "What Part of Sodom & Gomorrah DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND"?

@TheJohnlw

yes way!!!! Wipe yr dirty feet and *** with any flag you like. *** flag Nazi!!!

What's funny is that your intolerance is exactly what's wrong with this country. Thank God it is moving away from the bigotry that you display.

Have fun fighting the uphill battle. Here's a hint: you lose.

@Les

what part of the destroyed cities won?

@readthebook

Might want to do a wee bit more research. Those cities were destroyed for trampling on the poor and lack of hospitality.

Like your lack of hospitality toward *** persons. P. S.: It's not about winning or losing. It's about God's love for ALL of humanity, including you.

That's the underlying message of the WHOLE of Scripture. Hint: The Sodom and Gomorrah story is not the WHOLE of Scripture.

You are welcome to your opinions as a Veteran no matter if the homo's do not like it or not. Maybe the snotty nose imps of this country will figure that out when they have to learn their new national language, Chinese.

Perhaps Lowes could sell an Arab nation flag.

That would be a big seller and made in China. I would gladly wipe my mud on it.

Lowes isn't the only business to sell things that look like a flag. There are clothes, tablecloths, towels, and on and on that are made to look like flags.

From different things I have heard it isn't even proper to have t-shirts and caps with a flag motif on them. It seems like the same might apply to the flag patches that that different police departments, etc.

You might as well get off your high horse about Lowes selling the door mats, unless you are going to take on every manufacturer that uses the flag motif improperly.

Ha ha..........You nasty old hag,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You can go f#### yourself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :cry :p :cry

You sound like a homphobioc ***. I am sure Lowes and Home depot will miss you. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

View more comments (11)

Lowes - Lowe's Stanley CH7 Chipper

Like many others, I also bought a Stanely CH7 based on the "electric start" When I couldn't find it in the manual I was told that it "must be an electric assisted state and that I would see the difference" of course if I added gas or oil then it could not be returned. now that Lowe's has finally admitted that they "made a misstatement" i.e. falsely described it , they will not stand behind their "mistake" To bad, So sad" your stuck with it. The lesson my friends and family learned is never to buy a big ticket item from Lowe's. I'm not surprised that CNN reported: "A day after Home Depot (HD) delivered earnings and revenue that were much better than forecasts and raised its guidance, Lowe's (LOW) reported a weaker-than-expected quarterly profit for the first-quarter on declining sales"

Lowes in Cordele, Georgia - Warranty! HA HA

I purchased a troy-bilt riding lawn mower last July (2012) for about $1200. Since then, I've put less than 20 hours of use on this machine; from the time it was purchased until winter (JAN 2013). We changed the oil prior to storing the mower for the winter months. After about three months of non-use other than bi-weekly starts to keep the fluids circulated we used the mower for about three hours over the last two months. Five days ago while mowing the grass, the mower suddenly stopped. After re-starting and releasing the brake the mower stopped again. I researched the problem and determined that the issue was related to a faulty or disconnected "safety" switch. Upon calling the Lowes service line (1-888-77LOWES) I was informed that my so called warranty did cover this issue and I would have to pay Lowes a pickup and delivery fee and have to wait 7-10 work days after Lowes shipped off the mower for repairs, for a part that shouldn't have malfunctioned in the first place. After paying over a thousand dollars shouldn't I have a reasonable expectation of quality? Considering the hours that I've put on the mower, am I not still in the break in period? Ironically, the last thing I would expect to happen is the mower BREAK during this time. Not very funny! And to add insult to injury Lowes expects me to pay to have the mower picked up and dropped off and to wait at least two more weeks if I want cut my grass. Isn't that why I gave Lowes well over a THOUSAND dollars in the first place? My family has been loyal customers of LOWES for well over twenty years but not after this. Our money will be better spent patronizing businesses that sell quality parts and services and stand behind the equipment they sell. Unfortunately, LOWES doesn't believe in this philosophy. I will have a local dealer pick up, service/repair, and drop off this defective mower and pay fifty dollars for this to be done in 48 hours. But, I will never spend another penny at Lowes!

Why aren't you complaining about Troy Built. They made it and being less than a year old it would be Troy Built's warranty that would repair it. Your complaint should be with them, not Lowes.

nikalseyn

A couple of things:

1. You do not have to start the machine up periodically when in storage. Just clean it up with a good cleaner and wax it plus put vinyl protectant on the vinyl parts. Then change the oil, clean the filter, etc. and finally, add some stabil to keep the gas fresh, top the gas off, run it for ten minutes and then let it sit till you need it again. It will start right up and no harm will come to the engine.

2. As for your starting problem. If it is, indeed shutting down because of a safety switch when you try to move it, you can either replace the faulty switch yourself or do some research and bypass the safety switch. These things are usually engaged by the closing/opening of an electrical circuit. You bypass and keep the circuit open all the time and you no longer have to worry about that happening again. Or, ask the repairman how to do it, or if he does not know you well, ask him a hypothetical question on bypassing these things.

3. Lowe's is what it is. They are a big company and not the same as the local, small repairman. It's always best to avoid the big box repairs anyway as you never know how well the repair will be done.

4. Troybilt is NOT synonymous with WELLbuilt. Not anymore. Reliability is apparently going down for this brand. They have always been expensive but worth it. No longer. In an effort to compete they have cheapened their components and while now competetive price-wise are just not worth the problems they have.

5. I now only recommend John Deere. But, only if you buy from a local John Deere dealer---never from Lowe's, etc.

Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Milford, Connecticut - Horrible Delivery Response Time

I have only purchased products twice from Lowes and I should have known from my first experience to never do it again but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Wont happen again. The first time I ordered to the store a mirror. I got an email confirmation stating the product arrived instore and was ready for pick-up. I drove 35 min to the store and they explained it wasnt actually there. This was after waiting 30 min for them to "find it". Told me they could order another but would take a week. After a week they told me another week. I cancelled my order at that point. On to my second experience. Ordered a light online to my house. Told me 2 weeks for delivery. Product never showed up. Then when I called them to find out where my product was I had to sit on hold for 15 min. Will NEVER shop here again

Terrible customer service if anything ever goes wrong. Bought a fridge there and the first one never worked and needed to be replaced immediately, and its replacement broke in less than a year.

Lowe's staff at both Milford store and corporate office gave me conflicting info, would not return calls in a timely manner. Confirmed a repair appointment this week but no one ever showed up and no one followed up. One week later, rotten food in broken fridge and no ETA from Lowe's on when we can expect someone to look at it. And apparently I will need to have the fridge looked at by a repair company THREE MORE TIMES before they can give me a new unit - keep in mind that it has already been looked at twice already!

Pretty sure three more visits will be a waste of everyone's time as this fridge is obviously a lemon!! Buy from Home Depot or local business.

Lowe's staff at Milford is useless and do not care about customers' issues. :(

After hearing all the complaints I will not even go to any Lowes stores,If all the complaints are true Lowes should be put out of business.Lowes keep your junk in China.

Tags
  • 15 min

Lowes Sells Junk

Over the years, Lowes has driven out our old home improvement store out of business. Here are some of the things that I've purchased at Lowes and what my experiences have been. Built a deck. Purchased most of the lumber from a local lumber company. Finished on a Sunday and purchased remaining wood at Lowes. Lowes lumber was the ONLY lumber (pressure treated) to warp on my deck. And I mean drastic warping. Purchased a rj45/rj11 crimper for work. Used it very little. About the 3rd or 4th time I used it, it would no longer crimp properly. Purchased a vanity at Lowes. The faucet barely lasted a year until it started leaking. When I tried to find the replacement parts to fix the faucet, finding an associate in the store was like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa. Nobody seemed to know how to order the replacement part even after I supplied the model numbers and receipt. Ended up purchasing another full faucet (NOT AT LOWES). Purchased two electric baseboard heaters at Lowes. Purchased the thermostats for these at Lowes. Connected them and the one of the thermostats would not shut off. The baseboard heater heated to a dangerously high temperature! They did replace it, but it was a great inconvenience for me. Purchased a stove and dishwasher from Lowes. The stove's packing film would not come off easily. They said it was probably "baked" on. They had to bring a new stove. The dishwasher would not clean the dishes properly. They replaced the dishwasher and it did the same thing. Had them back several times to try to remedy the problem. Finally, I had to call my own plumber in who immediately found that the dishwasher was not connected properly by the "Lowes recommended installer". I brought all these issues up with Lowes corporate office and they offered me a 10% off coupon for my next purchase at Lowes. I informed them not to bother because I will NEVER walk into another Lowes store again. They are the Walmart of home improvement. Just remember, you get what you pay for!
#1320225

I purchased a Project Source Single Lever Kitchen Faucet and the hand handle came loose/off months later. Finding information on a defective screw is all but impossible with the vague manual they give you or the Lowes websites.

I need the screw size so I can buy a new screw and wrench. Now rather than leaving a loose but partially usable handle on the faucet for other people in the house to use I must take the handle & screw to locate a part & screw.

It now becomes a rush job.

Besides coming loose months after installation Project Source and Lowes have very poor information on their products.

Lowes and Home Depot both buy disc merchandise, a lot of which is flawed or seconds.

Reason of review