Rating: 3 Stars Clear all filters (377 of 4891 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Show
Rating:

Lowes - Estimate Review from Winter Springs, Florida

2.8
Took a brand new mower back to lowes because the carburetor was plugged. Altaquip came back with an estimate for rebuilding the engine for 300 dollars and wanted to charge 73 dollars for the diagnosis. I flipped went back to lowes picked up the mower brought it home cleaned out the clog in the carb and it started first pull. FIRST PULL! Lowes extended warranty and altaquip are scam artists. I talked with the altascam manager because they forgot to put all the bolts back in and had to roll up my pants because it was getting so deep. The problem is the majority of people dont know they are getting taken and just pay the bill. I am probably 1 in 1000 who are mechanicly inclined and knew what was wrong before it went to altaquip. Dont trust Altaquip or Lowes, scam artists through and through.
Review
#612052 Review #612052 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Lowes Estimate
Warranty issue

Lowes - Garage Door Opener Review from Knoxville, Tennessee

2.7
I am a handyman working for myself, and pay for leads on homeadviser.com. Service d a customer last week who had an issue with an old craftsman garage door opener. I had reprogrammed the customers remote after (paying to) receiving the lead and charged the customer only $75 ( -$17.50 for lead + $10 for gas, 45 minutes travel each way), while I was there the door never door worked fine (ice storm was causing power to go on and off while there. Left homeowner happy. Received a call later that door was malfunctioning again and returned at no charge. Discussed the problem with homeowner, who decided he wanted to buy a new opener and have me install it the next day for 150. When the customer purchased the garage door opener they asked how much he was paying to have it installed. They counter offered for twenty dollars less, and sent someone to install it. It is almost impossible to compete with these stores who have such large volume sales. I know customers want low prices but lowes and homedepots practices are running me out of business. It's also the luck of the draw, many of there installers have little experience and are not properly compensated for their time. Soon people will call for a problem that needs someone with experience, and no one will come.

Lowe's Treated Deck Lumber -Contaminated!!!! Do NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!

Review
#602063 Review #602063 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pricing issue

Staff Review

3.0
Every time we go to your store we can't get anyone to help load merchandise. There are more red vested workers than customers sometimes and still no help. I have even asked for help that didn't work. Wheeling and St Clairsville stores are the worst. Found simple solution 84 lumber bye!!!!

Lowes Website Review

3.3
The mobile website is worthless.
Lowes Website

Lowes - Water Heater Review from Redwood City, California

3.0
I went to lowes to purchase a water heater and 4 employee's walked past me without asking if I needed help. Once I did have some questions it took about 10 minutes for someone for that department to come and help. When I asked about the energy efficency on the one I was interested in he wouldn't even come over to look at it and said I need to look it up online. Worst service, I will never shop at lowes again. After talking with friends they have hade similar experiences at this lowes.

Should be a big sticker on it that tells about the energy efficiency.

So 4 employees walked by you and none of them asked you for help, the real question is why didn't you ask them FOR HELP RIGHT THEN AND THERE? Don't expect others to do something you won't do yourself. You had just as good as chance as they did.

View more comments (1)

Lowes - Website Review from New York, New York

3.3
Lowes in East Amherst,NY made me feel like a second class citizen when purchasing a clearanced priced washer from them. They didn't like that their website gave me free shipping and so the store it was coming from wanted to add 30 bucks to my order. I said NO! This is not an auction! Then they brought me the wrong hose and kept bringing up the discounted price of the machine which, mind you, had nothing to do with the drain hose it is supposed to come with. It's NOT an extra purchase as is the hot/cold water hose. They need to stop talking about their price and just bring me a working machine!!! I didn't think I was shopping at the salvation army lmao.
Lowes Website
Pricing issue

Lowes in Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Checkout run around

2.6
was second in line at the only checkout open,was told to go to another checkout,where? I said,she waved down toward the other end of the store,there was nothing else open except self checkout,I said I don't do selfs,still she and the customer ahead of me ( who by the way raced past me to beat me to the only checkout only to say he had a problem and didn't know which to buy....aaarrrrggghhh!!!!!!) waved toward the other end of the store.I said no other lights were on and she said their lights were not on.What?I put the items down and said I'm going to Home Depot,while the checkout lady was calling for some other woman to check me out.I left after making 3 attempts to find a checkout open when there was no other.Gaming a paying customer will not help your sales,especially the week of thanksgiving.
Review
Pros
  • Neat aisles
Cons
  • Service at checkout
Preferred solution
you need a manager up front to get the people up front to do their job

Lowes - LOWE's--Fraud and misrepresentation by LOWE's Enterprise, AL

3.0
On April 1, 2014, I contacted LOWE'S Store #0281, 1301 Boll Weevil Circle, Enterprise, AL 36330 and they sent Kenneth Burnette, Employee 1300044, to my homesite to sell me doors and windows. I had some catalogues which Lowe's had provided and I chose, among other things, a Reliabilt entry door named "The Hampton", (which has two sidelights, 3/4 oval glass, and an elliptical transom). The order totaled $12,750, which I paid in full that evening. I expressed to Kenneth Burnette, several times that evening, that I wanted the door to be exactly as pictured on both pages 9, and 18 of Reliabilt's Steel and Fiberglass Entry Door Catalogue, with the EXCEPTION that I didn't want the wider, brown colored outside trim cut off at about knee height, as in the picture . Each time that I reiterated my desire that the wood colored trim be extended to the floor level, Kenneth Burnette agreed, and stated that he'd make sure my wishes were followed. Well ... he misled me! As soon as he got my money, he disappeared and would have no further contact with me. When the order came, there were many, many things wrong with the windows. Many had to be re-ordered. The entry door was to be “WINEBERRY” in color with a band of brown trim surrounding the Wineberry trim, as in the picture. Instead, the inside had been painted white, rather than Wineberry, so it had to be sent back. As it turns out, Lowe's now claims that they don't even offer the pictured trim and they even told me I'm on my own to try to find something for myself. I paid for the door as pictured!!! Angelia Gillis, Market Director for Lowe's, stated that the interior trim wasn't included with the door ... and furthermore claims that the exterior trim is stucco (that's untrue) and that Lowe's considers the matter closed. On October 8, 2014, Angelia Gillis, Market Director, Panama City Beach, FL sent me a letter asking me to sign a RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS absolving Lowe's from all responsibility in resolving this situation. That’s absurd!!! I paid for the door as pictured and Lowe’s doesn’t want to fulfill the order, so they can either make the door as ordered and paid for, or refund the entire amount of money ... or I’ll have to take appropriate action. I've had several LOWE's EMPLOYEES suggest that I hire an attorney and go after Lowe's for fraud and misrepresentation. (One recently said, in the presence of another who was privy to the entire situation, "You didn't hear this from me, but you need to hire an attorney and go forward.") Lowe’s has been stalling for 7 months, while I’ve placed dozens of phone calls to Robert Parker, the Lowe's Store Manager in Enterprise; made multiple trips to LOWE'S Enterprise; and he still refuses to make things right. He's now been instructed by Lowe's Corporate to drop the matter. Is this how LOWE's operates? Using fraud and deception to bilk innocent people out of their money? If I'm not mistaken, this is against the law and it's often called, "Bait and switch." (Present something and then deliver another.) Sometimes criminal charges have been pursued, charging those involved with "THEFT BY DECEPTION". I've been very patient (for more than a half year) and now Angelia Gillis asked me to sign a release of liability absolving LOWE's of their actions. I think NOT!!! I have many friends who work for Lowe's. They're fine people! But when you become close friends, they'll tell you "horror stories" of the "goings on" behind the scenes. One recently told me that when their family goes on an outing, and someone asked where they work, they hesitate to tell them because it seems that everyone has a “horror story” either of their own, a friend’s, or relative’s dealings with LOWE’s. This person said, “It’s embarrassing to have someone tell you publicly, when you're at a picnic or park with your family, about their terrible experience with LOWE’s. (That shouldn’t be. I’ve been a LOWE’s customer or many years and have met some wonderful friends while they worked there.) I bought about $30,000 of Kraftmaid Kitchen Cabinets from Lowe's Store #2884, on the Montgomery Highway (US231) in Dothan. The order was placed and PAID FOR on March 31, 2014. The initial sales lady (Betty Mercier) had no idea what she was doing. She kept blaming her incompetence on her computer. (***She ended up ordering 109" of cabinets to be installed on one wall that was precisely 100" long.***) Six Cabinets had to be reordered and I had to redesign my kitchen, adding 3” to a wall, to help correct her mistake. Bett is incompetent in cabinet design, attempting kitchen design (without direct supervision). That’s inexcusable. To be fair, I must say that the store manager did the right thing, and reassigned my job to an extremely capable lady (Kalli Crozier). I've heard from several independent sources that mine is not the only case of Bett's disasters being handed off to Kalli for resurrection. Lowe's has dragged their feet completing my job. Today is November 17, and Lowe's is still not completed with the installation (7 1/2 months later). Lowe's hired a sub-contractor named Ken Banks, K&E Installations, Chipley, FL who drilled all the holes for the knobs and door pulls, by just guessing where they should be (missing the mark on many of them thereby installing them crooked and not in alignment). He was supposed to use a template to assure that all would be done the same, but claimed someone else had his template. Ken Banks made the opening for the refrigerator slanted so there's a 7/16" gap on the upper right corner. His solution was to drive a thick wooden wedge beneath the left from leg of my NEW Kitchenaid refrigerator/freezer ... thereby bending the refrigerator housing, in order to fit his crooked opening. Of course, that caused the doors to be completely out of alignment. Ken stated that someone could later realign the doors. Ken has refused to return and fix his mess!!! The Install Sales Manager at LOWE'S #2884, (Bill), has been very diligent, placing many, many phone calls to KEN, sent his multiple faxes, and texts, but receives no response. Apparently, Ken cares only about getting the initial install money, rushes the job, does SOME things *** and doesn't want to return to remedy his mistakes. So ... Lowe's is finally hiring another contractor to remedy his mess. (At least the North Dothan Lowe's store, (managed by Shane Showalter), is attempting to remedy their mess ... which is more than I can say about the Enterprise store (managed by Robert Parker). Robert Parker has been totally disinterested from the beginning. It appears that his attitude is, "We've got your money ... now you're on your own." Shame on Lowe's for hiring someone like that!!! I've been spending from anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000 per month with LOWE's. I very much like many of LOWE's employees. But it only takes one bad apple to spoil the entire barrel. LOWE's can either fire those who are involved in deception, fraud, and other misconduct ... and protect their customers ... or they'll end up going the way of many other large corporations who saw no need to treat the customers with dignity and honesty. As for me ... it's a fairly clear call ... treat me right ... or I'll be forced to get a remedy through other means … and I’ll have to take my business elsewhere. Besides that ... does it make economic sense to spit in the face of their customers ... when it's those very customers who made LOWE's what they are today? Spit in the face of a loyal customer over a few hundred dollar door trim issue, and loose his many years of loyalty??? I guess LOWE'S senior management will have to make that call.

UNBELIEVABLE HOW MANT BAD REPORTS NEED TO SPED THE NEWS

Can you provide me with the Phone numbers and personal address of Mr. Bob Parker, manager at LOWES Enterprise Al store also for Mr.

Kenneth Burnette.

Having same problem with both in trying to get help with their Breach of Contract. Need their information to file Complaint with Small Claims Court but Lowes is very goo at keeping this information hid.

LOWES USES THIS BANK FOR THEIR CREDIT CARDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch? Look for the "Green Snakes" GE Capital Retail Pay Pal.

They even had the nerve to use the United States Post Office to defraud consumers! This goes to show you just how GREEDY & EVIL they really are. The review listed below have actual documents for people to look at.

Please go to these pisssedconsumer reviews:All of these reviews posted have actual documents that have been uploaded to show people just how EVIL they truly are #520251 #488834 #483913 #483025 #481983 #483913 #479336 & #478478 #522235 #489486 #572301

This bank handles CREDIT cards for hundreds of stores & the stores are just as guilty as the "EVIL CORPORATIONS" they use to manage there credit cards.

If you have a credit card with a store that uses this bank you need to look & see if you have been charged illegally. These are some of the companies that pay these "CROOKS" Lowes, Wal-Mart, Sears you can find out more by going to the Rip-Off Report with the "Rebuttal" from an employee, Number 1140625 this gives a list of some of the stores that have this bank for credit cards. There is also a clip on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch? or just look for the "Green Snakes" there are three of them

You can file a complaint with The Department of Justice, The Department of Financial Institutions or as I like to say The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau (The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) The Comp Controller of Currency & The Federal Trade Commission, What ever you do DO NOT file with the BBB they are paid good money to keep those "A's" for the companies that pay them.

Did you know that Pay Pal, GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank which all start with the letter "G" the new name is Synchrony Bank now are trying to get "Class Action Lawsuits” BANNED!

View more comments (2)
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Incomplete Installation

Lowes - Precutting Review from Houston, Texas

2.7
I asked for a price on a precut stud. Lowes employee didn't know what this was she was nasty and short with me Didn't want to b bothered with Me and let me know Hire better and please have consequences for terrible employee phone answered on weekends date 11/15/14 340pm lake Charles la store

You probably didn't ask someone working in the lumber area. If you go to the meat counter at the grocery store they probably won't know the price on an asian pear either. Everyone in a retail store is not an expert on everything sold in the store.

They are not called "pre cut" studs. Use the right term and maybe they will understand.

The overall lack of grammar in this sentence is astounding. How will people take you seriously, if this is the image you choose to project.

I pray you do not talk the way you type, or I wouldn't of wanted anything to do with you either. I hope your sake, this was just a slip.

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Warranty Review from Sylacauga, Alabama

2.8
I have about 12 major appliances bought from Florence, Al Lowes over the last couple of years. Have had 2 refigerators and one freezer quit working. On fridge and tbe freezer covered by warranty. (slow fixing). The latest fridge to quit is 17 months old. Warranty gone and was told I needed to handle repair. LOWES SELLS JUNK APPLIANCES. I have learned my lesson.

I was looking for a replacement pump for garden pleasures kids playing fountain. they REFERRED ME TO A CLARKSVILLE TN store.

They had a small universal pump FOR $12.22 cents. I wrote down the item no. AND THE MODEL NO. BUT I DON'T SHOP IN TENNESSEE BECAUSE OF THE HIGH SALES TAX.

I SHOP AT THE HOPKINSVILLE KY STORE WHICH IS ABOUT THE SAME DISTANCE FROM MY HOUSE. I GAVE THE ITEM NO. AND THE MODEL NO. OF THE PUMP.

THE SALES REP WENT TO LOOK FOR THE PUMP AND SAID THEY HAD ONE. I ASKED HIM WHAT WAS THE PRICE, HE SAID $18.98 CENTS. I TOLD HIM THAT THE CLARKSVILLE TN STORE PRICE WAS $12,22 CENTS. HE SAID WHEN YOU COME INTO PICK IT UP TELL THE CLERK THAT IT IS A CHEAPER PRICE AT THE CLARKSVILLE TN STORE AND THEY WILL CHECK IT.

AND MATCH THE PRICE, I SAID GREAT. HOUR LATER I GOT TO THINKING MAYBE I SHOULD GET A COPY OF THE CLARKSVIILE PRICE SO THEIR ARE NO HASSLES ABOUT MATCHING THE PRICE.

QUESS WHAT, WHEN I RANG UP THE CLARKSVILLE TN STORE, THE PRICE WAS CHANGED TO M$18.98 CENTS, I WILL NEVER TELL BACKSTABBING LOWES THAT I CAN GET A ITEM FOR LESS. LESSON LEARNED.

LOWES USES THIS BANK FOR THEIR CREDIT CARDS

Why aren't you complaining about the manufacturer of the appliance? Lowes sells the same brands of appliances you will buy anywhere else.

They all come with a 1 year warranty unless you buy a service plan. The manufacturer sets the warranty and handles warranty repairs. It seems odd that you choose to complain about the store you bought it from rather than the company that made it.

You are taking your frustrations out on the wrong party. Your complaint is about the quality of the product, not the store that sold it.

@Anonymous

lowes has it on warranty company they dispatch the repair I'm had 9 repairs in 4 years I have lost of words of four thousand dollars in food or there abouts had to buy coolers to live in for a couple of months on the first repair then it has been a fiasco ever since I do not recommend Lowes or the service and Frigidaire is the worst I've ever seen for refrigerators what used to be top of the line when my refrigerator is done with this warrantyI am going to look for a vintage refrigerator to no longer have a problem

@jrs