Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes, You Upset me.

Before I start I want to let everyone know that the following review was sent to Lowes and two days later I received an email saying that it was rejected. This is why I am puting my review on this website. Wow! Where do I start. Oh! I know. Lowes ask me to review this product. I already reviewed it earlier in the week, but did not give it great reviews. Not sure what happened but I think Lowes deleted it because I rated my experience with Lowes so low and the product wasn’t the best. I even emailed Lowes corporate to find out what happened to my review but never received an email back from corporate. I figured if I give it 5 stars this time they may let this review pass. Now here are my true thoughts about Lowes and this product I am going to try to write this up just like the original review. Lowes – If I had to grade them they would get a “D”. My overall experience with Lowes was a nightmare. I initially ordered this material on line. I paid for it on line knowing exactly what I wanted. My local Lowes showed the material in stock. Two days later I get a call saying they do not have it. To me that is not that big of a deal because I have a month til I start the product. My issue with this is that Lowes tells me they have to do a return on my internet purchase and then I will have to order at the store. I figure okay no big deal. When talking to the sales person on the phone they said they would do a return but it would take 3-4 days. In the meantime I asked if they could order the tile for me. They said yes, but would need me to purchase it. I mentioned that I already did over the Lowes website. They said they needed me to pay in person or over the phone. So now I paid twice for the tile and have nothing. I had to pay so I could get it ordered to have it in time for the first day of laying tile. (I did get my money back for the internet charge). Then for my hassle I asked if they could possibly throw in free delivery the whole across town (5 mile at most). I get a phone call back saying no they could not, but would do it for $25.00 HA HA! Long story short. I finally talked to a gentleman in the tile department who helped me out immensely and got all my issues resolved (two weeks later). If it wasn’t for this gentleman I would have given Lowes a SOLID “F”. Tile review – The good part – beautiful tile – reasonable price compared to other tiles – Made in the USA. – Now the bad part of the review. I ordered 480 square feet, 10 sq. ft per box. That is 48 boxes. Out of those 48 boxes there was at least one if not two chipped pieces in each box. I can say without a doubt I had over 60 pieces with chips in it. I used most of them where my counters would be going, cut pieces, or in the closet. When I started looking at where these pieces were chipped they were all chipped on the edge approximately 11” from the one end. All tiles that were chipped seemed to be the 4 thru 6 piece in the box. I am not an expert by all means but I would say it had something to do with the machine that was manufacturing this lot this specific day and apparently quality control was not doing their job. With that said in reality I give this whole experience a 1 ½ star. I was very disappointed with the whole project. One more thing . I am not one to complain (believe it or not). This is the first review that I have ever written anything negative.

Hi,

Just a quick note about ordering on the phone and chipped tile in the box. Most people do not realize that the inventory information that is available on phone orders is updated once a day (at might)so what was available yesterday may not be available today and the order is still taken today.

As for the chipped tile, I recently ordered 350 sq. ft. of Marble and had a similar product loss (partly because it is Marble), some thing that you should know about is that any large retailer is a consumer as well. The product that you received damaged MAY have been damaged by one of Lowe's workers, but it probably happened before they even received the product, and since they were packaged, they had no way of knowing.

BTY, Lowe's has a policy of making customers happy so virtually any purchase is returnable.

Lowes in Matamoras, Pennsylvania - Sold a used appliance as new

Lowes sold me a new refrigerator and delivered me a used one.They originally sold me a G.E. that froze all my food so I paid more for a more expensive one. They delivered a used refrigerator and told me it was new.The Samsung has a bad vibration noise. I called Samsung and they told me I was the second owner of that serial number.I talked to the associate and he couldn't figure out the problem.The manager just wants this to go away like nothing happened and give us a new one.I don't trust them so I want a refund , now I don't have my old one back.
Loss
My husband and I shop Lowes all the time for everything. On January 17th at 11 AM, we purchased 5 packages of insulation on line. We used the EBATES search engine to go to Lowes.com as we always do. As always we used gift cards that we had bought had Giant Eagle of...
twowilies

Just so that I understand, you made a purchase online, paid(or tried to)for the order with gift cards that you bought from another party, and then get pissed at the local store because they don't know who you are or what you are talking about. To top it all off, you want Lowe's local store to complete an order that you say that you completed, using card numbers that they don't have and have no way to access the pin number that only you have. What could possibly go wrong?

Lowes - Worst Washing Machine Ever

We bought a new Maytag washer and it started to make a lot of noises after only six months. I call the Lowes customer service center and was not getting any where. After several calls and more than two weeks later, someone came to look at it.Therepair man told us that he could not believe it wore out that fast.We had to spend almost$200 to go to the laundry Mat to wash clothes.I have maytag washers in the past and have never had a problem.I will never buy a maytag or shop at Lowes again. There customer service has been the worst to have to deal with.

I have the same issue (it also stopped spinning) with the Maytag washer I bought from Lowes. I purchased a Protection Plan, had a appointment for today...yet no one came out.

I called Lowes corporate office in NC and was told it's not their problem the service rep didn't come out. Riddle me this.... why did I spend the money on a protection plan, if it does nothing for me.

Why doesn't Lowes stand behind their products? Never again will I buy from Lowe's or Maytag.

Oh my gosh! What is with you people!

Leave these people who write the posts alone!

If they feel the need to air a complaint, they certainly do not need people like you critizing them! Stop defending the Store and making these people feel bad!

The whole point of this website is to air out fustrations, not to be bombarded by heckling!

I agree with Pissed Customer. I've been without a working washing machine for over a month.

My extended warranty will probably expired before the repair company orders the correct part and installs it.

I'll admit, I'm also angry at the repair company, but my calls to Lowes Customer Service was the true running in circles exercise. When I called customer service and ask for a number where I could complain, the number they gave me to another fine representative that transferred me back to the same group. Understand, this was after the third day of talking to customer service.

And they still were not able to add my cell number as a primary contact. I'll just go somewhere else next time.

#601969

Lowes didn't build the washing machine. You bought a brand name appliance with a warranty, yet you do not call the manufacturer, but rather the retailer.

What would you have had Lowes do?

Lose the misplaced aggression and self-righteous indignation and start doing a little rational thinking. That is all!!

@Rational Thinker

That is NOT all. Lowe's sells this junk while knowing of its low quality - they are on the hook as well.

Take it easy now, this is a complaint site, meaning it provides an opportunity for the customers to post complaints. Take your misplaced aggression and self-righteous attitude elsewhere.

Do yourself some rational thinking.

Your name doesn't match. Just saying.

Why does this deserve the dramatic "will never shop at Lowes again"??? Because YOU didn't deal with the one year manufacture warranty?? $200, really, doubt, I'm going to give this a FUNNY/BS :roll

@HMMMM...

Ain't nothing dramatic here. The fella described their experience and hence won't shop at Lowe's again.

Ditto here.

But you will shop there, I take it. Good luck

See ya later when you get burned lol :)

$200 to wash clothes for two weeks? Maybe you should have bought a commercial grade washer, not a residentual unit. :grin

Why are you so mad at Lowes? The washer is a Maytag (owned by Whirlpool) and guaranteed by Maytag, not Lowes.

It seems your complaint should be with Maytag. Perhaps the reason it took so long to get it fixed is that you didn't contact Maytag as you should have rather than calling Lowes.

@Why...

:grin AMEN!

View more comments (9)

Extented Warranty from Lowes not Working

I purchased a Whirlpol washing machine from Lowe's in Leominster, MA in September 2012. I also purchased an extended warranty. On December 23, 2012, the machine stopped working. A&E (which is the local contractor for repairs) serviced the machine during the original purchase warranty. They have scheduled a repair, or been to the house five times Each time a service call is made from A&E, we have to travel a minimum of 2.5 hours to meet a repairman. Last Friday 1/18/13, the latest scheduled appointment (drove 2.5 hours), we got a call from A&E that they have to cancel the appointment. The repairman came the following morning, only to say that the part that had been order was defective and now they had to order it for a second time. This whole episode has been a disaster. No satisfaction from Lowe's, no cooperation from Whirlpool and A&E should not be a repair representative for any brand appliance. I asked for a new machine or a refund. How many times should a repair be attempted? Its been a month now and 5 visits. Still no working machine.

What is with you people! OP just mentioned about the extended warranty but by no means blames it in regards to the problem at hand.

Then again, driving 2.5 hrs might be due to the fact that OP doesn't live at the house where the gadget was installed... what's so hard to understand?

I bet that Lowe's aware of their Whirlpool machines being a junk, yet they continue selling it.

That speaks volumes.

Next time, don't buy a Whirlpool machine, check the reviews online, buy a GE or Maytag.

joshperl

I bought a maytag washer from Lowe's that is now 18 months old, and also broken. I am under Lowe's Service Advantage extended warranty, so I was under the impression Lowe's would make it right.

I've since had 5 service calls, easily wasted over 10 hours handling appointments and calls, and still no satisfaction. Lowe's keeps sending out service companies that cannot fix it, keep billing them, and yet, I have no working washing machine.

I have asked them to just replace it already, but there seems to be a long process of difficult hoops to jump through to be able to do this. I am really disappointed in Lowe's too

You need to understand what you are buying when you buy an extended warranty. The manufacturer warranties the machine for one year.

The extended warranty starts when their one year warranty ends. Your extended warranty will go into effect is September of 2013.

Your complaint should be with Whirlpool, not Lowes. Quit blaming the wrong people for your problems.

Your first mistake was purchasing a Whirlpool, second mistake was thinking that the Lowes extended warranty added some kind of extra coverage to the one year manufacture warranty. And what do you mean you have to drive 2.5 hours to meet the repair man yet you say they come to your home. Makes no sense.

An Extended Warranty only comes in to effect when the manufacture warranty expires. Seeing how it has only been a few weeks you're still being covered under the manufacture warranty not the extended warranty you paid for. Seeing how you lack such basic information or understanding it's clear you're causing the majority of the issues here.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in San Diego, California - Extended warranty issues

I purchased a Whirlpool Washer with a Lowes Advantage 4 year warranty.After about 15 months I started to have problems with the washer. Over the next 3 months I had service appmts approx 6 times finally averdict that they could not figure out what was wrong and I had not reached the repair threshold so now the confusion starts that eventually led to a partial allowance after another 2 and a half months went buy. The problem in the end was the lack of responsiveness of Lowes Corporate and the stalling, I believe hoping I would give up. I would not buy from them again, the aggravation and lack of real conern was just min d boggling and I would buy from a different stor like Bestbuy and try their extended warranty. Lowes is just not worth the aggravation and I have never experienced poorer customer service in my life.

Same thing with my Lowe's Advantage extended warranty. Lowe's pockets the money and you are left on your own.

Lowe's does not care about its customers, they just want your money upfront.

It will hurt them in the long run though when people wise up and do not go back there to purchase appliances.

Learn from our mistakes.....do not buy an extended warranty on any appliance from Lowes ever.

twowilies

Did you ever read the conditions of coverage? The fact of the matter is that Lowe's has no obligation once the machine is in your home.

Our store (yes, I'm a part-time employee) will step in and help for a period for 4-6 weeks by replacing the units and dealing with the return ourselves. It is the manufacturer who holds the responsibility for repair (normally through and outside contractor) after the initial warranty period, the responsibility passes to the extended warranty company.

Calling and complaining to Lowe's will do no good, they are out of the loop, there is nothing at all that they can do.

@twowilies

Your wrong! Lowes sells the products and sells the warrantees!

They are 100% responsible for the problems to the products they sell! Because they do no stand behind the warrantees is what makes people mad and upset! That is not customer service!

When you are talking about washers and dryers you are talking about putting people in a huge inconvenience when they break down and they are not usable. You expect the company that sold you the product and the warranty to stand behind it, not go to a corner and hide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@***ed Off

:eek Try this for a little better understanding of extended warranties. Lets say that you bought a car from Joe Blows auto, Joe does not repair vehicles but can supply you with a CONTRACT with an outside provider, AFTER THE Manufacturer's warranty runs out.

You have had the vehicle for 6 months and a problem arises, or 14 months to get it out of the manufacturer's warranty. You don't call Joe Blow and expect him to repair it. You call the people that you have a CONTRACT with. There is the source of your problem.

If you are dissatisfied with the contractors service or lack of service, the sue them in small claims court for every penny that you can think of. You don't complain about the guy that sold the dog that bit you, you go after the current owner for not taking care of their dog.

joshperl

I also bought a maytag washer from Lowe's that is now 18 months old, and also broken. I am under Lowe's Service Advantage extended warranty, so I was under the impression Lowe's would make it right.

Good luck, Best Buy isn't any better.

marc52055

I feel your pain. I am in the exact same situation now, although in Massachusetts. Good luck to you.

View more comments (6)
Lowes - Botched range installation
Purchased a range and microwave in December. Installer COMPLETELY butchered the counter top when installing. Finally, after about 30 phone calls, negotiations and haggling....I received compensation for the cost of new counter tops....BUT NEVER AN APOLOGY! It was...

Lowes is s great company . They should be suing you .

Since when is grantic made with wood such as your 50 plus years old counter tops .

You really should not have included the pictures . Just made yourself look *** .

Lowes in Clermont, Florida - Vet discount

My husband and I went to the Clermont store today and was told the ID card he has for a discount was no good at that store. His card is his discharge from the Army and he uses it at other stores and has never had a problem with it before. We want to know why this store is always giving vets a hard time about a 10% discount?? Could you please advise on this since if there is a problem with Lowe's the we will start going to Home Depot for all our needs., This was all said by the store manager.

TO FED UP there once was a thing you young punks don't know about it was called the "DRAFT" you had a choice Jail Canada or do your time some of us old *** went because we lived in america and wanted to keep it free "not because we wanted to v sign on the line" but because it was what was required of Us so don't talk about siging on the line

IdgieThreadgoode

A military discount is for active and retired military. It is also a gift and for you to complain about such a gift is arrogant and ignorant.

No military deserves a discount anymore than police officers or firefighter, but those stores that offer it do so out of the goodness of their hearts. Stop being so selfish and greedy.

:( from my understanding its policy. but i don't understand is why they have to call a manager to give the 10% and as a customer I have to wait sometimes 4 to 5 mins.

for someone to come..by that time the line is forming :x give the override to the cashier. :zzz

LadyScot
@frustrated as ***

Because all discounts have to be manager approved to prevent unauthorized discounts. If you can't wait a few minutes then stop demanding the discount.

Also, Lowe's calls it a Military Discount, not a Veteran's discount. That's for a reason.

I agree with the other lady, it's a courtesy not something you're entitled to.

Thank you for serving our country but realize it's not something Lowe's or any other retailer has to provide.

You can find the MILITARY policy on lowes.com.

LadyScot

You should have a VA card, or a current or retired military ID. The discount is a courtesy not a right. Entitled much??

Lowe's gladly offers the discount with the proper id. PHOTO id either the current military ID, retired military ID or a VA card.

not the old paper discharge papers. Why don't you have one of the above?

To to Home Depot, they don't hassle you there.

Lowes used to give military discount using any military card and against their own policy. Now that they have GSA military contracts, the government requires them to only accept cards that reflect a 20 year retirement, or receiving VA benefits and must be HONORABLY discharged.

I bet you were told this and not just that they don't do it at that store. If you go to Home Depot it would be a blessing to the mimimum wage cashier who had to deal with your RANT. Go to Denny's on your birthday ang get a free breakfast, drink decaf and relax.

The server makes $4 an hour so make her day and tip her $5. Maybe God will give you a 10% discount on your SINS.

As a former Lowes mgr and currently a mgr for another retailer as well as a vet myself I find it insulting that customers would use their "vet" status to get a discount! Like most vets I signed the dotted line to serve my country not to see what kind of freebies I can get!

My thanks for your service should be enough. Get over yourself!

Better not go to Menards because they no longer have a military/veteran discount. It's the 3rd largest home improvement store just behind Home Depot and Lowes.

The reason they no longer offer the 10% discounts is because it's unfair to the other hard workers of this country who choose to be a police officer/doctor/teacher and so on.

I work with a few veterans and they think you're all tools coming on here complaining about a 10% discount. YOU DIDN'T JOIN THE MILITARY FOR A 10% DISCOUNT, GET OVER YOURSELF.

What gives you the idea that vets are entitled to a 10% discount. Doubt you can find anything in your enlistment or discharge papers that says stores have to give you a discount.

Be happy when you are offered a discount but quit *** when you don't get one. Vets have done a great service to the country but so do police officers, firefighters, teachers and on and on.

It seems that the only people to complain about not getting a discount are vets. Why is that?

View more comments (11)
Review
In Oct '12, I purchased a Kobalt rolling tool bag from the Severn, MD Lowes store. After a few months of use, the lifetime guaranteed item broke a wheel and had sticking issues with the telescoping handle. In Jan '13 I went to the Glen Burnie, MD Lowes to exchange...

Return policies have gotten tighter because of people like you returning as you say "damaged" products. Warranties cover manufacturing defects.

Far too many people think things they damage are defective.

If you abuse a product and damage it there is no reason any store should be expected to replace it. Consumer abuse like this just drives prices up and causes businesses to be more restrictive in their return policies as a result.

Review
In Feb 2012 we ordered a kitchen to be installed in March. That kitchen was fully completed at the end of December 2012. It took over nine months! The staff were incompetent from designer, to installation, to store manager and district manager.We were used as a guinea...

Wish I read this first. LIving through your nightmare now. Lowes is the worst.