Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Fort Myers, Florida - Appliances

I purchased an entire kitchen of appliances. The Stove, microwave, and diswasher were delivered but one hour and 30 minutes early with 5 minutes notice. Ok that worked but had to scramble to unhook stove and cord as delivery personnel were looking over my shoulder. Frig was supposed to be delivered in 2 weeks. Got a call 2 days later at 8:30 pm that the frig was going to be delivered the nest day between 12 and 2 pm. I turned off the water to the ice maker on my current frig and unhooked it from the water supply. At 1:30pm the next day. I checked my phone for calls. No messages but two handups from delivery company. So I called the delivery company and was told the frig did not come in and was not going to be delivered. I aske when and was told to call Lowes. Called lowes and talked to the manager and was told he had no info on the call but because it was their delivery company would accept the blame and after checking said the frig would arrive in 2 days. Waited 2 days and called for Lester the manager and he sent me to the appliance manager. He said the frig was due in a week and would call me the following week and confirm delivery. Guess what no call so called Lester. He said I am with a customer and will call you right back. Waited 2 hours and got a call from the appliance manager again. He said the frig would be in the following monday and would call for a Tuesday delivery. It is now Wednesday and no call. I have a commercial credit card from Lowes and have spent many $1000's of dollars with them on my 16 rental properties. They are idiots. Do not spend a dime at Lowes. My credit card is now chopped into little pieces.

Lowes in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - Employent

I have worked for only two firms in lancaster,pa for a total of 40 yrs. I now find out that Lowes and other big companies feel Im to old to be of any help so I tell lancaster companies go to ***! My time has come to legally push issues with these firms,65 isnt that old I have many talents as do others my age just give us a chance!Im also a viet-nam veteran ,but it still didnt do me any good .9 times I was turned down by Lowes for a better and younger canidate, and the younger one stsys only for a short time ,but LOWES AND OTHER CORPS. DONT CARE JUST HIRE MORE

Johnyellets,

Feeling age discrimination can have a heavy sting. I work for Lowes as well, and I am 65. There are others where I work that are older than I am. It is not the company, it is the store. The company realizes that there is an advantage in hiring those of us over the age of 65...no insurance costs and we come from a generation that is on time and honest.

Don't let it get you down brother.

@twowilies

Thanks Twowilies I needed that !

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Rosedale, New York - Bought on line, not available in store

Was looking for a generator after Sandy. . .Lowes advertised a decent Generac on their website and said multiple were available in their Rosedale, New York store. . .I went ahead with the purchase and was fully charged within two minutes of hitting the submit button. . .received the usual your order is in process email and should be available for pickup in 20 minutes. . .well, waited two hours or so for another email to say come get your generator, however none received. . .called their 1-800-number to see what the deal was. . .nice lady on the phone got in touch with the store and came back to tell me their were no generators available. . .asked for immediate refund and was told that was not possible, I had to wait for the store to cancel my order sometime in the near future and then the bank would credit me back my money on their schedule. . . So Lowes sits on $700 of my money for a product they never intended to sell me. . .this is worse than a bait and switch. . .it's a major corporation swindling me out of money. . .

Lowes in Gatesville, Texas - Lost for words

Lowes.com, in combination with the Local, Killeen Lowe's store is the WORST, MOST UNPROFESSIONAL, MOST UPSETTING store, run by an IGNORANT, non communicating and seriously *** shoulder shrugging bunch of idiots! I hardly know where to start but I want to keep this short....lets start at my last online order, because it seems I learned NOTHING from getting screwed once! So point is, I have to go pick up my (in stock) toilets after 2 weeks because they were actually NOT in stock and when they came in 2 weeks later they wanted to deliver them in EIGHT days!!!! The store is 20 miles from here! EIGHT DAYS. I picked them up myself. of course the delivery charge was paid anyways and not refunded! So am an *** and ordered again. $1500 worth of renovation supplies. thought I was smart this time. only ordered stuff that it said was "in stock at Lowes Killeen" You will be contacted in 24 hours to arrange delivery. thank you. that was easy NOT!!!!! that was day 1 of a nightmare! day 2 & 3 pass, no call. I write to customer support in Killeen directly, no answer. I write again, no reply. I write to support via the website and get an answer the next day, 6 days after my order. One say "Sorry, I will give this to the online support department and someone will contact you within FOUR days to DISCUSS this issue" HUH? Let say nothing would get delivered the next 2 weeks. Then I get a call scheduling delivery for 7 days later. Then I get a call telling me a product I ordered has come in and is now available! So I ask is my order complete now? Will everything be delivered? Yes mam! Another call 2 days later....your items came in. Say what? Another call on the day of delivery..2.30PM. Says he called at 8 this morning and I didn't pick up, so they rescheduled delivery for the next day!!!! OK, I am boiling now....3 hours later another call "mam, your tile just came in and you can pick it up tomorrow" WHAT?????????? it was suppose to be part of a delivery from TODAY??? I calm down and ask him, so will everything be delivered tomorrow, is my entire order in? He answered 'I don't know!" The value of loss I have put down, is for the FOUR weeks I have been sitting here, unable to renovate a house we are trying to sell! it's a low estimate

If you are buying product you want delivered from store stock why don't you just go to the store and work with someone in the store to make sure they have what you want and set up the delivery there? You will know before you leave exactly what to expect.

$2000

Lowes credit card ripped me off!

I wad charged twice for a purchase. I was credited months later but in the mean time the deferred interest was not credited to my real purchase. So now I got smacked with all of the interest from the original purchase because they will not allocate to the original sale! I have called over and over..they said some one would call, done one would send me a letter and no one has done either! I'm going home depot! I'm paying of this rip off credit card and cutting it up! I'm sick of broken promises by Lowes.. they don't know the meaning of customer service!

You and the rest of the *** brained people on here blaming retailers for the creditors, I don't get it. It's not like Lowes is having their in store employees contact you or when you call, you are getting the person at the store you purchased from.

You are reaching GE Money/Credit. You may want to post a complaint there.

And the same thing will/would happen with Home Depot, just remember if it does, to complain about the creditor, not the retailer, ugh. If you do not understand credit, you should not have a card in the first place.

The problem isn't Lowes, it's you contacting Lowes when you should be contacting the bank that owns/operates the Lowes credit card. All major retail stores operate this way, their credit cards a owned and run by a specific bank.

Major retail stores offer a credit card for guaranteed repeat business not for interest rates, the bank gets all the profits from interest rates. If you search Home Depot you will see recently someone complained about their credit system, that person also did not understand it's owned and operated by a specific bank and not Home Depot. CONTACT THE PROPER PLACE, Lowes can do nothing for you, THE BANK CAN.

So next time before you get all pissy try understanding the full situation. So many people get angry at retail stores yet they have no clue where the real blame should belong like the bank who runs the credit card or the manufacture who makes the product.

View more comments (1)

Lowes, You Upset me.

Before I start I want to let everyone know that the following review was sent to Lowes and two days later I received an email saying that it was rejected. This is why I am puting my review on this website. Wow! Where do I start. Oh! I know. Lowes ask me to review this product. I already reviewed it earlier in the week, but did not give it great reviews. Not sure what happened but I think Lowes deleted it because I rated my experience with Lowes so low and the product wasn’t the best. I even emailed Lowes corporate to find out what happened to my review but never received an email back from corporate. I figured if I give it 5 stars this time they may let this review pass. Now here are my true thoughts about Lowes and this product I am going to try to write this up just like the original review. Lowes – If I had to grade them they would get a “D”. My overall experience with Lowes was a nightmare. I initially ordered this material on line. I paid for it on line knowing exactly what I wanted. My local Lowes showed the material in stock. Two days later I get a call saying they do not have it. To me that is not that big of a deal because I have a month til I start the product. My issue with this is that Lowes tells me they have to do a return on my internet purchase and then I will have to order at the store. I figure okay no big deal. When talking to the sales person on the phone they said they would do a return but it would take 3-4 days. In the meantime I asked if they could order the tile for me. They said yes, but would need me to purchase it. I mentioned that I already did over the Lowes website. They said they needed me to pay in person or over the phone. So now I paid twice for the tile and have nothing. I had to pay so I could get it ordered to have it in time for the first day of laying tile. (I did get my money back for the internet charge). Then for my hassle I asked if they could possibly throw in free delivery the whole across town (5 mile at most). I get a phone call back saying no they could not, but would do it for $25.00 HA HA! Long story short. I finally talked to a gentleman in the tile department who helped me out immensely and got all my issues resolved (two weeks later). If it wasn’t for this gentleman I would have given Lowes a SOLID “F”. Tile review – The good part – beautiful tile – reasonable price compared to other tiles – Made in the USA. – Now the bad part of the review. I ordered 480 square feet, 10 sq. ft per box. That is 48 boxes. Out of those 48 boxes there was at least one if not two chipped pieces in each box. I can say without a doubt I had over 60 pieces with chips in it. I used most of them where my counters would be going, cut pieces, or in the closet. When I started looking at where these pieces were chipped they were all chipped on the edge approximately 11” from the one end. All tiles that were chipped seemed to be the 4 thru 6 piece in the box. I am not an expert by all means but I would say it had something to do with the machine that was manufacturing this lot this specific day and apparently quality control was not doing their job. With that said in reality I give this whole experience a 1 ½ star. I was very disappointed with the whole project. One more thing . I am not one to complain (believe it or not). This is the first review that I have ever written anything negative.

Hi,

Just a quick note about ordering on the phone and chipped tile in the box. Most people do not realize that the inventory information that is available on phone orders is updated once a day (at might)so what was available yesterday may not be available today and the order is still taken today.

As for the chipped tile, I recently ordered 350 sq. ft. of Marble and had a similar product loss (partly because it is Marble), some thing that you should know about is that any large retailer is a consumer as well. The product that you received damaged MAY have been damaged by one of Lowe's workers, but it probably happened before they even received the product, and since they were packaged, they had no way of knowing.

BTY, Lowe's has a policy of making customers happy so virtually any purchase is returnable.

Lowes in Matamoras, Pennsylvania - Sold a used appliance as new

Lowes sold me a new refrigerator and delivered me a used one.They originally sold me a G.E. that froze all my food so I paid more for a more expensive one. They delivered a used refrigerator and told me it was new.The Samsung has a bad vibration noise. I called Samsung and they told me I was the second owner of that serial number.I talked to the associate and he couldn't figure out the problem.The manager just wants this to go away like nothing happened and give us a new one.I don't trust them so I want a refund , now I don't have my old one back.

Lowes - ONLINE ORDERING NIGHTMARE

My husband and I shop Lowes all the time for everything. On January 17th at 11 AM, we purchased 5 packages of insulation on line. We used the EBATES search engine to go to Lowes.com as we always do. As always we used gift cards that we had bought had Giant Eagle of Lancaster- we purchased two 100 cards. We went on vacation and when we returned, I called the Lancaster Lowes and asked how much longer for our order to arrive. i was then told there was no order for us... and our NIGHTMARE begins. The order was processed as Ebates has a record of my order.. what happened at Lowes. com who knows. When I went back into my personal account on Lowes .com the order was now still showing still in my basket with the gift cards (numbers were blocked out) applied and stating no balance due. I tried to complete the order and received an error to call customer service. I spent 2 HOURS with the customer rep as she put me on hold at least 1/2 dozen times. I told her I did not have the cards anymore as the order had processed on the 17th. She told me that even though my cart was showing gift cards were applied she could not process the order - she would need the gift card numbers. They would also not take my information from EBates that I had purchased the products on that date and I even had an EXACT TIME!!!. I again stated I had no idea how I was going to get them. She told me I would have to call my credit card company as well as Giant Eagle to see if I could get the numbers. She said once I did she could process the order. My husband was IRATE-- he then spent another HOUR on the phone with Crystal- a supervisor who reiterated that we needed to get the numbers. After many more hours of phone calls I was finally able to obtain the card numbers from Giant Eagle. We called back Lowes. com. NOW they stated they were not able to process the orders with the card numbers as they needed the pins!!!!! My husband and I were both so irate at this time....... we had spent OUR ENTIRE DAY trying to get an order that we had placed weeks ago and PAID FOR!!!!! Your system obviously has a major glitch. The customer service rep(above) stated she would forward the matter to Lancaster Lowes manager. Now, tonight I was on my computer and I remembered I had a password/ number saver installed and i was able to recover the Lowes cards numbers as well as the pin numbers !! So, I figured I would go ahead and just re do my order as I could not stand to be stressed, angered and dealt with so poorly by Lowes anymore..... BUT OF COURSE!!!! the cards are now showing they have NO BALANCE.... imagine that????? PROBABLY BECAUSE WE USED THEM ON JANUARY 17TH t TO PLACE THE ORIGINAL ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can not even begin to describe how ANGRY I AM right now..... I will be forwarding this email to Better Business and any and everywhere I can. **** I want the products we ordered delivered to our home asap paid in full with the gift cards we PAID FOR. I also am requesting come compensation for the aggravation and completely POOR customer service.
twowilies

Just so that I understand, you made a purchase online, paid(or tried to)for the order with gift cards that you bought from another party, and then get pissed at the local store because they don't know who you are or what you are talking about. To top it all off, you want Lowe's local store to complete an order that you say that you completed, using card numbers that they don't have and have no way to access the pin number that only you have. What could possibly go wrong?

they did NOT ask for bot product and gift card, just product paid for WITH the gift cards. DUH

I understand wanting to either receive your product or a refund of your gift cards, but not both. And what makes you feel entitled to additional compensation??

Because your day was ruined??

I've had plenty of nightmare phone calls to retailers, credit card companies, insurance companies, but never have I EVER felt entitled to more than what was necessary.

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Worst Washing Machine Ever

We bought a new Maytag washer and it started to make a lot of noises after only six months. I call the Lowes customer service center and was not getting any where. After several calls and more than two weeks later, someone came to look at it.Therepair man told us that he could not believe it wore out that fast.We had to spend almost$200 to go to the laundry Mat to wash clothes.I have maytag washers in the past and have never had a problem.I will never buy a maytag or shop at Lowes again. There customer service has been the worst to have to deal with.

I have the same issue (it also stopped spinning) with the Maytag washer I bought from Lowes. I purchased a Protection Plan, had a appointment for today...yet no one came out.

I called Lowes corporate office in NC and was told it's not their problem the service rep didn't come out. Riddle me this.... why did I spend the money on a protection plan, if it does nothing for me.

Why doesn't Lowes stand behind their products? Never again will I buy from Lowe's or Maytag.

Oh my gosh! What is with you people!

Leave these people who write the posts alone!

If they feel the need to air a complaint, they certainly do not need people like you critizing them! Stop defending the Store and making these people feel bad!

The whole point of this website is to air out fustrations, not to be bombarded by heckling!

I agree with Pissed Customer. I've been without a working washing machine for over a month.

My extended warranty will probably expired before the repair company orders the correct part and installs it.

I'll admit, I'm also angry at the repair company, but my calls to Lowes Customer Service was the true running in circles exercise. When I called customer service and ask for a number where I could complain, the number they gave me to another fine representative that transferred me back to the same group. Understand, this was after the third day of talking to customer service.

And they still were not able to add my cell number as a primary contact. I'll just go somewhere else next time.

#601969

Lowes didn't build the washing machine. You bought a brand name appliance with a warranty, yet you do not call the manufacturer, but rather the retailer.

What would you have had Lowes do?

Lose the misplaced aggression and self-righteous indignation and start doing a little rational thinking. That is all!!

@Rational Thinker

That is NOT all. Lowe's sells this junk while knowing of its low quality - they are on the hook as well.

Take it easy now, this is a complaint site, meaning it provides an opportunity for the customers to post complaints. Take your misplaced aggression and self-righteous attitude elsewhere.

Do yourself some rational thinking.

Your name doesn't match. Just saying.

Why does this deserve the dramatic "will never shop at Lowes again"??? Because YOU didn't deal with the one year manufacture warranty?? $200, really, doubt, I'm going to give this a FUNNY/BS :roll

@HMMMM...

Ain't nothing dramatic here. The fella described their experience and hence won't shop at Lowe's again.

Ditto here.

But you will shop there, I take it. Good luck

See ya later when you get burned lol :)

$200 to wash clothes for two weeks? Maybe you should have bought a commercial grade washer, not a residentual unit. :grin

Why are you so mad at Lowes? The washer is a Maytag (owned by Whirlpool) and guaranteed by Maytag, not Lowes.

It seems your complaint should be with Maytag. Perhaps the reason it took so long to get it fixed is that you didn't contact Maytag as you should have rather than calling Lowes.

@Why...

:grin AMEN!

View more comments (9)

Extented Warranty from Lowes not Working

I purchased a Whirlpol washing machine from Lowe's in Leominster, MA in September 2012. I also purchased an extended warranty. On December 23, 2012, the machine stopped working. A&E (which is the local contractor for repairs) serviced the machine during the original purchase warranty. They have scheduled a repair, or been to the house five times Each time a service call is made from A&E, we have to travel a minimum of 2.5 hours to meet a repairman. Last Friday 1/18/13, the latest scheduled appointment (drove 2.5 hours), we got a call from A&E that they have to cancel the appointment. The repairman came the following morning, only to say that the part that had been order was defective and now they had to order it for a second time. This whole episode has been a disaster. No satisfaction from Lowe's, no cooperation from Whirlpool and A&E should not be a repair representative for any brand appliance. I asked for a new machine or a refund. How many times should a repair be attempted? Its been a month now and 5 visits. Still no working machine.

What is with you people! OP just mentioned about the extended warranty but by no means blames it in regards to the problem at hand.

Then again, driving 2.5 hrs might be due to the fact that OP doesn't live at the house where the gadget was installed... what's so hard to understand?

I bet that Lowe's aware of their Whirlpool machines being a junk, yet they continue selling it.

That speaks volumes.

Next time, don't buy a Whirlpool machine, check the reviews online, buy a GE or Maytag.

joshperl

I bought a maytag washer from Lowe's that is now 18 months old, and also broken. I am under Lowe's Service Advantage extended warranty, so I was under the impression Lowe's would make it right.

I've since had 5 service calls, easily wasted over 10 hours handling appointments and calls, and still no satisfaction. Lowe's keeps sending out service companies that cannot fix it, keep billing them, and yet, I have no working washing machine.

I have asked them to just replace it already, but there seems to be a long process of difficult hoops to jump through to be able to do this. I am really disappointed in Lowe's too

You need to understand what you are buying when you buy an extended warranty. The manufacturer warranties the machine for one year.

The extended warranty starts when their one year warranty ends. Your extended warranty will go into effect is September of 2013.

Your complaint should be with Whirlpool, not Lowes. Quit blaming the wrong people for your problems.

Your first mistake was purchasing a Whirlpool, second mistake was thinking that the Lowes extended warranty added some kind of extra coverage to the one year manufacture warranty. And what do you mean you have to drive 2.5 hours to meet the repair man yet you say they come to your home. Makes no sense.

An Extended Warranty only comes in to effect when the manufacture warranty expires. Seeing how it has only been a few weeks you're still being covered under the manufacture warranty not the extended warranty you paid for. Seeing how you lack such basic information or understanding it's clear you're causing the majority of the issues here.

View more comments (4)