Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Baltimore, Maryland - Incomplete product sold,Bad Customer Service.

I had the worst experience at Lowes. On Nov 11, 2012 I bought a PELLA door assembly with decorative glass and later found even though their computer did show a Rustic door handle but they could not find one. I was told they will get me one from another store on Wednesday Nov 14. on Nov 14 evening I called and no one could find the Door handle assembly. Their Customer service promised me it must be her somewhere and after tomorrow any time you can come and pickup. I took off on Nov 18 to pickup the Door handle and still no one had any clue. They even blamed me for not coming and picking up on the appointed day Wednesday. They also told me that since I did not come on Wednesday the item got sold. When I told them i had called on Wednesday Nov 14 and item could not be found and also how can you resell a item which I already paid for. I then asked for the Manager who did not have the decency to come up front to solve the issue and in turn sent a message saying he will order another Door Handle and it may come on Wednesday (which is their IBS day, whatever it means) and since Thursday is Thanksgivings check with Lowe's on Friday. When I told them I have already taken off on Wednesday and Sunday and Thursday being a Holiday I still could fix it only if they could get it by Wednesday. The item is available in 020 mile radius and I know for sure it it had happened at Home Depot they would have got the item delivered to my home and would have even offered to install it free for me considering my handicap knee. I am not going to them ever again. I feel sorry for their suppliers who are losing business at the mercy of incompetent Managers and bad Customer Service.
RetailCop

If I could vote for *** more than once, I would. If it's that important why don't you drive 20 minutes to get it??

It's not like you have anything else to do, other than *** about petty complications. Life happens sometimes!! The manager was probably consumed with relevant business matters. I'm sure HD can't wait for a customer like you!!!

One more self entitled consumer!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

Loss

Lowes free next day delivery is a lie.

Their website as well as the signs above the appliances says free next day delivery. When I asked the sales person he said it takes at least a week because they are busy. I asked why everything, including the dryer I was looking at, had a sign saying next day his reply was talk to the manager I only work here and then walked away. I was in no way rude about it but feel he was. This seems like false advertizing to me. I drove 10 miles because it said I'd get it faster than my local Home Depot. They were much nicer and more helpfull and are delivering 2 days faster than Lowes. I will never walk into one of their stores again.
RetailCop

Have you ever not had time to get to everything you wish to do?? Think before you post something so petty and ***!

I'm sure HD can't wait for a customer like you.

One more self entiltled customer!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

Tags
  • sales person

Lowes in Aliso Viejo, California - Don't Use Lowe's - Bad Customer Service

I ordered some tile for a wall from Lowe's and was promised that it would be only a few days to get sinice it was in stock and was coming from northern california. WRONG! I got the run around and was literally lied to. They said it came in and was scheduled for delivery the next day. I had contractors waiting to install this and was holding them up. Called the store many times and left my name and number. No one called me back. This big box store give HORRIBLE customer service. Would never use them again. Shame on Lowe's. I guess they figure since they are so big, they don't have to try.
RetailCop

Would you rather them deliver it with damage!? Could it be your refrigerator is special order??

You do realize they don't produce any items at the store level, right?

What would you expect them to say?? Hello, Glenn ummm...your refrigerator isn't here.

Don't you hate it when they are so friendly and cooperative in the store when you buy, but after sale the items you bought are somehow damaged and no one calls you with updates of your deliver status for two weeks or longer? I ordered a refrigerator and dishwasher and on my delivery day the driver called to say he noticed the refrigerator had damage to the bottom, which he said really could be a problem "but do you still want us to deliver it"?

Duh. I told him no and take back the dishwasher with it.

Two weeks later and no followup call from Lowe's. Will have to make the forty minute drive and find out what's up with my completely paid for order.

@Glenn

..and not to single out Lowe's as Home Depot is every bit as problematic in delivery and customer service. Actually the Lowe's employees IN THE STORE have been helpful and professional.

The Jury

Is it in stock or not? Life is not perfect.

If you have a bad experience at a grocery store do you stop eating? I think not.

RetailCop

I'm confused!! The product was "in stock" but it had to be shipped??

I don't get the rest of the complaint either.

Just another self entitled consumer. I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates!!

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes in Hazard, Kentucky - Bad service!!

I had ordered a Fridge over the phone. I had a harbor freight 20% off coupon that they applied to my order; since they honor competitors coupons. I was given the total before hanging up and when I check my bank the following day I was over charged by $150. I contacted customer service and she apologized and called the management at the Lowe's in Nicholasville, KY. She advised me I had to drive up there so she could apply the credit back to my card. This is a hour and a half round trip for me. I arrived and was advised only 10% was taken off the total amount and not the 20%. I had asked her if she could compensate in anyway for the inconvenience. She said no because if I had not ordered off the internet this would have never had happened in the most rudest tone. Surprised by her response I replied I had ordered from a customer service rep over the phone and not off the internet and was given a the correct price over the phone but charged differently. Rolling her eyes at me she still stated "first of all" we would not because they applied a coupon that was not Lowe's in the first place. Taken back by her response again I told her I thought that was part of Lowe's policy anyway and in no way was this my fault. I asked to speak to her supervisor and was told he was on vacation so I said I'll be back when he returns. She THEN gave me a $20 gift card because I had to come all the way to correct a problem that was done by them. I then left the store and they had still gotten the price wrong. So, I called customer care and they called that location and was advised by the same AM that she would do nothing further for me. I advised Summer that I wanted to open a claim on the way I was treated by her and that I was still owed money. She then got back on the phone one more time with the AM and she now says the only way she will pay me is if I show the coupon (even though it's already in the system where I ordered it) when its dropped off and I will get a check, or it will not be refunded. This is ***, if it was done correct the first time I would received the discount with no problem. Now I get an attitude from the AM ALSO, per the AM if I don't present the coupon for a SECOND time I will not get a refund?!

I've never ever had a bad experience with any Lowes I went to...but things happen I suppose. I mean, you were given a discount after all so...

Harbor Freight does not sell Fridges. Next time when using a name capitalize it like your teachers taught you in elementary school.

I'm shocked you were giving a discount in the first place. My store would need the coupon in hand to prove it was real. My store would also require it to be the exact same item, this includes model numbers matched. Several reasons they should have not accepted a coupon in the first place is; they expire, they have limitations listed on them, and so on.

Lowes did nothing wrong.

I applaud the person who gave you attitude. To many times people like you come in screaming and treating others horribly.

RetailCop

So what's the problem? If you have the coupon and they've compensated you for your troubles, why wouldn't you just give them the coupon?? Unless.........

Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. Why would Lowes honor a coupon for a Fridge from a competitor who doesn't sell them?

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Worthington, Ohio - Lousy advertising

Thanks Lowes for sending me the xmas gift sale flyer that was in effect from 11/1/12 through 11/5/12...there were all kinds of things in there that i wanted for myself and would make good presents for others...i had already made a trip there today but was ready to return for these things...luckily i remembered there was something wrong with the picture...it came in the mail today...and today is 11/8/12...and i don't think you can blame my mailman either since neighbors 2 blocks over got the same flyer....really doesnt make me want to buy any other xmas there...our *** store is never stocked with flyer stuff anyway....so thanks for the thought.
#620771

ohhh stop ***

RetailCop

Thanks for the update!! I'll let them know your outraged because they changed the date of Christmas from December to November. If they're Christmas coupon expired on 11/5, then they have completely changed the holiday by 51 days!!!

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Front Screen Door

We bought a screen door from Lowe's. We installed it outselves,because the gentleman working in the door area we could not understand and didn't feel comfortable trying to book an installation with him. Well, the hinges completely broke off within a month of having the door, which in turn made the other pieces of the door break and now we have a half of a front door on the front of our house. We went back to Lowe's and talked to the store manager about it and he said well you can buy a new door or buy replacement parts. I handed him our receipt and said he could not do anything for us, because the store would lose money. SOOOO, we are out $300.00 for a front door. We have always been faithful to Lowe's but not anymore. This is completely unacceptable!

Sounds like the installer(homeowner) didn't have a clue as to how to install the door. There are tens of thousands of Pella storm doors out there that are professionally installed that last a lifetime.

Homeowners should be aware that they should go to a Pella retail store near them and that store would more than helpful to arrange a professional installation of any of the Pella product lines. It may seem outrageous what the retail Pella stores may charge but at least there is a known warranty and a local owner who cares about the product and the service associated with it.

RetailCop

The hinges just broke off??? I'm glad the manager is taking a stand for his company.

Even though most people (sneaky geeky) think that a huge corporation could absorb this measly $300, you are actually taking money from the people in the stores.

I know it's so funny to watch people squirm, but when you make a bogus complaint it effects the management staff's pay. You wouldn't want people taking money from you, would you??

I don't work for Lowes but have sold storm doors for a few years. They are pretty simple to install.

If the hinges broke off it is more than likely that you left out the fact that door was damaged by a gust of heavy wind or that your kids or grandkids were hanging from the door. The hinges don't just break, something out of the ordinary caused this to happen.

If it is the wind, talk to your insurance company. If it's the kids, make them pay for a new door.

here is what you do. Call the store manager again and discuss the situation.

If he doesn't offer to help you to your satisfaction, ask him for HIS bosses' contact info and the Lowes Customer Care 800 #. Then stand back and watch him start falling all over himself to take care of you.

Well....If the door did break within 30 days of purchase then it would fall into the category of the 30 day no questions asked return policy. If it is past 30 days then your course of action would be to have a pella rep come out and look at the door.

Your local Lowes should be able to arrange this or you can contact Pella directly if you are no longer comfortable working with Lowes. The rep should be able to discern if it is a product defect or a poor installation.

If it is a defect then they will replace the door, if it is due to poor installation then you are pretty much out of luck. Hope this helps.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Clemson, South Carolina - Lowe's Troy-Bilt defective lawnmower

I bought a Troy-Bilt bagging lawnmower model TB110 with two year warranty on 04/02/2011. Since I have two other lawnmowers, I use the bagging lawnmower only for bagging leaves in the fall. After about 6.5 hours of use, the lawnmower stopped running and neither Troy-Bilt or Lowe's will honor the warranty despite having 5 months left on it. Now they want to charge me $115 for repairing a $190 lawnmower. My other two lawnmowers were purchased in 1971 and in 1995. Together they have given me 58 years of reliable service. I take very good care of my equipment, so both mowers are still running well. The Troy-Bilt aka MTD (foreign company-owned now) lawnmower has run for only 6.5 hours before requiring overhaul. After calling Troy-Bilt for approved repair shops, they gave me six names of operators. One was dead, two were out of business, one only worked on equipment purchased from them and one said they would not repair Troy-Bilt products because they could not get reimbursed for warranty work. Lowe's is selling junk as stated on your site Aug. 14, 2009.

Ok.....So this is an issue of a defective PRODUCT, so blame the manufacturer, not the company that sold it. The quality of Troy Built equipment went down-hill after they were bought-out by MTD. The very same thing happened to Cub Cadet.

MTD maybe an American owned private company, but most of their stuff is made in CHINA. "Tell us what the $115 quote is for.

To replace a carburetor you gummed up with bad gas? To repair a bent crankshaft after you struck a tree root or mowed branches with a unit designed to cut grass? To clean a fuel system and air cleaner after you tipped the mower carb side down filling the paper cartridge with oil?

It's not the equipment... it's YOU"

RetailCop

I'm glad there is somebody else on my patrol beat Mrs. Anne.

I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving retail associates!!

MTD is an American owned private company.

Tell us what the $115 quote is for. To replace a carburetor you gummed up with bad gas?

It's not the equipment... it's YOU

View more comments (3)

Lowes - 12945 Atlantic Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL

When they say it's a "do it yourself" store, they really mean...do it yourself. Calling in and asking for quotes, assistance or advice is hopeless, you'll be transferred EVERYWHERE. When stopping by for a visit the people at the store make you feel like you're wasting their time. Even the large black bouncer assigned to greet and assist in your returned items at the front of the store becomes frustrated when it appears you're going to make work for them, "...ah nah dawg, wut chu waunt? wut chu waunt? Ho dup, ho dup, no no shoo, we don doo dat!" I always encourage people to "test drive" and see for yourself, give them a call (904) 486-4701 or stop by, you'll see what I mean.

As you said, Lowe's is a DIY (Do It Yourself) store.

Unfortunately, Lowe's has tried to accomodate customers to a point where something has to fail. You cannot wait on people who got up off their *** and drove to a store to "shop" and some lazy *** that wants to call asking you to describe an item over the phone with questions like "How does it feel?" "How blue is it?" "Does it look contemporary?"

While an employee is surrounded by more customers than he/she can work with at any given time, and someone is on the phone, you have to encourage the customer to come into the store. Either the phone customer gets all their attention and the 10 in-person fail to get assistance.

Also, good luck with your elitest attitude....

RetailCop

One more self entitled racist!! I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving retail associates!!

I would address a specific problem if you stated one. All I get from your post is this: Blah blah blah....I'm an unhappy racist.

View more comments (2)
Loss
We purchased a box of sale flooring needing one more box and were told by salesman that other Lowes had to honor sales price. They told us to call manager at Tuscaloosa, AL Lowes, close to us, and gave us the person's name and phone number. It took nearly 2 weeks...

Retail Cops Suck just like Fun Cops!

View more comments
Tags
  • shipping charges
We bought 1800.00 worth of pavers , Some were damaged, Lowes would not pay for what was left over Beware,BEWARE BEWARE Don't Buy From Lowes Regardless of what they tell you when you are buying It's not what they will do This was within a 4 month time limit In...
RetailCop

So what's the complaint?? You ripped them off for a new washer.

You got what you broke for free!!

I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving retail associates!!

View more comments