Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Valspar sandstone paint

First off, they didn"t properly mix the shade I wanted so I had to have them adjust it, which turned out worst. They started a new can and when I applied it to my wall , which I may add was a disaster, didn't go on good and then the color was not what I wanted. I had to go out and buy another brand of paint. The sandstone paint is a mess and Lowe's doesn"t care that I'm out of 42.00 dollars. I hope Valspar cares and can reimburse me. I will never use Valspar paint again ! Lowes couldn't even help to explain the procedure of applying this paint...
RetailCop

Sandstone is a textured paint. The colors will vary because of the pitting in the texture.

You should've asked for instructions on applying the paint instead of being a rude ***. You might have gotten the color you wanted :)

Contact Valspar...they have really been pushing their product even giving away free cans. Let them know that Lowes did not mix the color properly.

They will reimburse you with another can of paint, whether you choose not to purchase their paint again. I wasn't happy with the coverage of the free can of Valspar paint and covered the table I painted with Glidden.

Why would Valspar be inclined to reimburse you? You have stated that you will never use their paint again.

They have nothing to lose by not helping you.

You obviously don't have experience in applying this paint and should have taken more time to learn before buying it. Sounds like Lowes already replaced the first can you bought...they tried...you just didn't understand what you were buying.

#820482
@Why...

I have sandstone paint in my house and I love it!! I get a lot of compliments on it!

Of course it's going to be messy applying it anybody with a brain should realize this!

Lowes can't control that you ended up not liking something YOU bought! You sound like a real ***

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Special order for entry doors

WE ORDERED ENTRY DOORS ABOUT 3 MONTH AGO AFTER COUPLE OF WEEKS DOORS WERE ORDERED WRONG THEN ANOTHER ORDER WAS PLACED WE GOT A PHONE CALL AT 9PM SUNDAY NIGHT THAT THE DOORS WILL BE DELIVERED ON MONDAY SO I TOOK A TIME OFF FROM WORK WAITED FOR THE DOORS TO COME IN AND NO ONE SHOWED UP WHEN I CALLED THEM BACK I WAS TOLD THAT THE DRIVER DECIDED NOT TO DELIVER THE DOORS CAUSE THE INSALLER WASNT SCHEDULED TO INSTALL THE DOORS WHEN I CALLED THE DELIVERY PLACE THEY SAID THAT WASNT MY DOORS.NOW IM STILL WAITING NO DOORS THEY DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON WORSE SERVICE AND WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING WITH THEM.
RetailCop

The CAPS LOCK key is located to the left of the "a". The period (.) and comma (,) are located below the "l".

Why don't you ask...POLITELY...the store management what is going on? You know, instead of coming to a public forum to vent?

:? ?

Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Hamilton, Ontario - They just don't care

We ordered a light railing for our kitchen cabinets. We were told it would take 2 weeks to be completed. 2 months later they don't know where it is and they definitely don't care. This is the 4th time I've purchased something there and the 4th time I've had a problem with the purchase. Each of the 3 other times I've brought the product back the employees shrugged and said I should just get my money back because this sort of thing happens all the time. THEY JUST DO NOT CARE. This will be the last time I spend a dime there
RetailCop

WTF do you want them to do??? Lowe's doesn't manufacure anything.

They can't run to "the back" and get you one, fresh off the assembly line. Grow up!!!!

If you bring back the product, then you should get your money back. So, the employees are right...returns happen all the time

Lowes in Minneapolis, Minnesota - Inappropriate installers

We ordered expensive carpet from Lowes and when installed they did a poor job and a seam in the hallway stuck out like a sore thumb. I let them know I wasn't happy with it and was told the appearance would improve over the next month. After 6 weeks I called them and said I wanted it fixed, that there had been no change. They sent someone out from the installation service who tried to fix it and he could not. So they wanted to take the carpet up and reglue it and try to stretch it to fit. We said no we want new carpeting placed. 4 weeks later they still had not ordered the replacement carpet. When they did get the carpeting in and set up another date for installation(another day off work) the original installer returned and came in our house and started screaming and hollering at my husband, saying he had a right to fix his own mistakes, and that this new carpeting was coming out of his paycheck. My husband said no you are not going to try and fix the carpet in there, you are going to replace it with the new carpeting.He got mad and went and sat in his truck for 30 minutes cooling down and on the phone. He then came back in and said he would put the new carpeting in. When done he asked my husband if they could be friends. I complained to the manager of the Coon Rapids Mn store who said he was sorry, and would get back to me. About a month later I called him again, and was told he had no idea what had been done with this person, he had handed it off to someone else to take care of. I was so angry that he felt that someone coming into our house and screaming at us wasn't important enough to handle himself. He had no idea what had transpired and felt it to unimportant to return a call to us as promised. I would never purchase another item from Lowes, no even a nail

Straight up, you are an *** for not letting the installer fix the mistake. It's cranky people like you that put small businesses, the contractors who do work for Lowes, out of business.

It only would of been fair for them to fix it.

Honestly, the installer paying for the carpet, Lowes won't, may not of paid a bill. You should be ashamed of yourself and remove yourself from the pedestal you think you should be on

@ugh

Very well said..and they don't need new carpet. .streaming sometimes works as well...I can't stand people like this and hope Lowe's didn't give into them

nikalseyn

This is the problem when dealing with big box retailers instead of local stores. The local guy will do everything he can to make you happy.

The big box stores simply don't care because no one is ever held responsible. Use this a a learning experience.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Port Saint Lucie, Florida - Valspar paint problems

Purchased Valspar paint with primer for the first and last time. I painted a gray/blue over a very pale yellow. The first coat after drying looked as if it had not been painted at all. The thickness of the paint seemed to disappear on the wall. It took over 3 gallons of paint to finish. I previously used Martha Stewart yellow over white and it took not ever 2 coats. Lowes put me in touch will Valspar rep. Many excuses about coverage of different colors and said a primer should have been used first even though this paint had primer. Garbage paint will never use again.
Loss

Lowes in Columbia, South Carolina - Price Matching, what a joke and lie!

Update by user Apr 15, 2013

The manager contacted me yesterday and did an outstanding job resolving this issue! Thanks Lowe's!

Original review posted by user Apr 12, 2013

I found a 10x10 building at Home Depot for $699. When I asked about my store, which is on Platt Springs Road in Red Bank Sc., I was told that if it's not the exact same name brand, they would not honor that price! We have spent thousands of dollars in this store throughout the years, but we are done now. I call the corporate number and then got a call from the same manager at the store that blew me off earlier. Why would anyone want to talk to the same person who was too busy to talk to me at the store, and passed me off to his assistant? I will use Home Depot for supplies from now on and Harbor Freight for tools. The price match is even printed on every receipt, but is not even whole in the policy! Avoid store number 2967 unless you want to be lied to and dismissed easily!

Lowes LIE about price match!!!! I will never shop there!!!

SJ store....

LadyScot

You clearly do not understand what price match is. How can you think it is required to give you a price of an item that is not the same item?

Price match means match the SAME item, not one that looks like another.

One brand can be much less expensive than another, and for you to think you can get the expensive one for the generic price simply because the size is the same is not only ***, you are demanding that they allow you to steal. If you see a brand X for 1.99 and insist on getting brand Y that costs 20.99 for the 1.99, common sense should tell you they are not the same, and to give you the 1.99 is NOT price matching.

The manager that called you and gave in should be fired for not following the policy, and the corporate representative who insisted the manager give in should also be fired.

It's only if it's the same exact product. Oy, people. Walmart pissed me off but I still go back.

We price match no matter what the name brand is. If it's a 42 inch mower with a B&S motor, that's all that matters.

If the shed has double doors and is 10x10, we price match, and we take a lot of business from Lowe's! That's how matching works!

@manager of competition

That is not how matching works. If your company price matches on stuff that is not exactly identical your losing a lot of money.

No way in *** is it smart business to price match a 42 inch mower to another 42 inch mower that is made by another company; there can be hundreds to thousands of dollars in price difference based on the brand even if they each have a briggs and stratton motor. It would be like matching a Ford 150 to a Ram 1500 because it had the same motor in it, just down right dumb.....

I work for a competitor of Lowes and the only way an item will ever be price matched is if it's the exact same item. This includes; brand name, model number and if as long the store in question is not out of stock of the item.....

You honestly have nothing to be angry about. If stores price matched just because it was similar they would lose tons of money.

@Heartless

Sounds like an employee of Lowe's! The whole idea behind price matching is to force competitive pricing, and the name brand, ECT does not matter. Car dealerships match all the time!

@Anonymous

I don't work for Lowes, I work for Menards look it up if you don't know it. And that's not how price matching works.

It has to be exact brand and model in order for my store to do a price match on it and it most be in stock at the store we are price matching it from.

All our major competition runs their price match this way; that includes Lowes and Home Depot the only two home improvement stores in the world a head of us. Menards even has the largest stores 200,000 to 250,000 square feet, the average Home Depot is only 100,00 square feet

scharphg1
@Heartless

Heartless, it's "ahead of us", "a head" is what you clean on your job at Menards. Do you get paid to mock anyone who posts something about Menards? Or are you just a troll?

@Anonymous

The name brand and manufacturer do matter...apples to apples ...good luck shopping. Lol ,)

How can you expect the to match price based only on size? The weight and type of materials used vary from one brand to the next.

If Home Depot is your store now go in and look at doors for an example. You can find 36" exterior doors for under $200 or over $1000. A $200 door will be a steel door without a window.

It's easy to spend over $1000 for a fiberglass prefinished door with ornate glass. Yes both are 36" doors but they aren't going to give you the fiberglass door for the steel door price just because they are the same size.

It has to be an exact match item. You can not price match a "Cadillac to a Yugo".

@Oh Boy!

Nope, but you can price match a Ford to a Chevy

View more comments (12)
Loss

Lowes in Oak Grove, Missouri - A *** way to greet customers....

Lowes - A *** way to greet customers....
Lowes - A *** way to greet customers....
We entered the local Lowe's store around 8:30 pm on 4-9-13 - and the first thing we were greeted by was a pallet of lawn care materials sitting about 6 feet from the door - and the plastic on the bags was covered with bird droppings. It was so disgusting - and right there for anyone to see and smell. Also low enough to the ground for a child to touch ! Totally unsanitary in a store that usually prides itself on having a clean environment. We shopped for about 15 minutes and then started to leave. I noticed that nothing had been done with this disgusting sight - and asked to see the manager. Unfortunately I did not get his name. I expressed my concern and he indicated they would be unloading the pallet soon - and that the droppings were there because the pallets are stored outside. I assured him I understood this - but found this to be a very despicable way to be greeted at their store. Please see attached pictures -

Epic fail for you and your picture...nice one...move on

Why would u shop there if ur afraid of a little nature? I like the fact that my lowes has little wild birds flying around in there, they obviously like it in there because they could fly away if they wanted to.

I ecspecially like that lowes doesn't poison them or something to get rid of them. As for kids touching it, I'm sure kids have touched worse.

Also you said u were there for 15 minutes and it was still there so u called the manager over there. If u would leave them alone maybe they could get it put up instead of wasting their time listening to ur bs.

handy37

I have had some bad experiences at a lot of places. I have to say that, I was at Lowe's in Smithfield this weekend, during the crazy rush.

They don't have a greeter there often, but the one they had was supper cute and full of personality. Maybe Lowe's is actually starting to hire employees who like people, and what they do!

That's a step in the right direction.

Sucks for the person who has to unpack all of that. Did you ever think of that person?

That pallet looks like it's parked next to the outside garden door, right where it needs to be. Did you have your panties in a bunch before you went there to actually complain about that.

As far as kids, well, that's not you problem, it's the parenting. I've taught my son not to touch ***, besides that, he stays in a cart because he doesn't need to be running around terrorizing the associates.

I work for a competitor of Lowes and this is very common on all our items because like Lowes we store them OUTSIDE. So it's okay for employees to have to deal with this on a daily basis, but you have to see it and it's the end of the world...

You should consider this perhaps you've bought an item before with birdshlt all over it and didnt even know it. Every year I have to clean off our Snowblowers that are covered in Birdshlt from being stored during the summer.

Thank you for giving me the laugh of the day. Why did you not take a paper topwel and clean off the offensive debris.

Oh wait, I know .

You were too upset! :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

the next time a delivery is made at your place, we'll take a picture of the bird dropping on your vehicle. the driveway too how about that?

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Cincinnati, Ohio - 300 dollar power washer quite working

I have found another reason to not purchase some items from the 'big box' hardware stores. Lowes is generally a handy place to purchase some items (i.e paint, lumber, flowers, lights). If I had thought about it before I purchased the power washer I would not have purchased this type if item from Lowes. I paid cash 300.00 cash for a nice Troy-Built power washer. I used it three times last year for a total of eight hours. I ran it out of gas before I stored it for the winter. I pulled it out 2 days ago and filled it with new gas and started it. It ran for 3 minutes and quite. I called Lowes and was told I needed to contact Troy-Built for warranty service which I did. I was told it sounded like a gas related issue since there might have been some gas left in the reservoir that separated over the winter and clogged the jets. This is not covered by the warranty. I was told to clean the carburetor and reservoir and try it again. I contacted my smaller local hardware dealer who sells power washers and was told if I had purchased it from them they could have their service department check this out. That is the advantage of buying these type of items from a local dealer and other over the shelf stuff from the big box stores. Lesson learned.

The gasoline is not as bad as the broken pump you probably have because you left water in it when you stored it in your shed. Sorry but warranties can't fix ***.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Horrible Customer Service.

This was the message I wrote to Lowes. Dear Lowes, Today I had the worst experience I have ever encountered during a transaction with any other business. I went to return a few items I had left over from a home improvement project. A total amount of $11.70 (with tax). I had to wait 30 minutes just to be seen by an associate, of the 4 present none acknowledged me or to say they would be available shortly. Even a manager walked by and there were about 4 of us in line, he offered neither acknowledgement or assistance. All of my returned items were unopened in their original packaging with their original labels/upcs. I handed your associate my receipt to which he indicated was "useless" and threw it away because it was beyond the standard return policy. At which point he told me that "He wasn't obligated to return my items, that the company states it shall do so with it's discretion". I replied "I was just at Home Depot making a return, and they had no such issues with doing so." He said, "Well, let them loose money then." I said, "Isn't the point to make the customer happy?" To which he replied, "It's not profitable to accept returns, if you were in business you'd understand." I actually DO run my own business and personally I find the best practice is excellent customer service. However, I don't find it either appropriate or necessary for an associate of any company to argue with it's customers about anything. I have never been so embarrassed and insulted in making such a small return with completely unused and unopened items. This is not my first negative experience with your company, but it is my last. Today you lost a customer over a grand total of $11.70. I promptly took my gift card and spent it so that I will never have to return to your store(s) again. I am glad you have a "Hassle-Free return policy", I certainly haven't experience it however. I will be sharing this with as many people as possible, and will direct them to do business elsewhere.

get over yourself

People need to start reading their receipts. Once your over the "day amount policy" you don't get to return with or without the receipt.

What is so hard to understand about that? And yes companies can refuse a return.

The associate chose to argue with you probably because he didn't want to bother a supervisor who has more important things to do then to have to come down and regurgitate the same information that the associate has been trained to know and tell the customer about company policy. It's a waste of time.

I work for a competitor and you have 90 days to return most items; other items have 30 days other 7 days, if you go past that point you're not entitled to a return. The employee did sound a bit rude other then that no reason to be all huffy. I'm sure you were not so nice to the employee either causing the issue.

This however is semantics, when you are returning an actively sold product which has been unused and unopened there is no loss to the company, the expense of paying an individual to re-shelve the item is nominal compared to the retention of a customer. That is economics "101", as a customer retained over a "lifetime" will return and easily offset this "loss".

I would be very curious to know which companies are successful who do not put their customers first. Naturally they retain their "discretion" in order to prevent exchanging product that was either not sold from their location, or was in a condition that would in fact cause a loss. Again my reciept clearly showed all the items were in fact purchased at their location.

However, to be fair to Lowes the store manager just phoned me and apologized and when I explained the situation he told me that given the circumstances that the representative should never have acted in that manner. I appreciate him having contacted me as it shows that they do have customer service in mind, which to me is an extremely important factor in doing business with someone.

yeaitsjim

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Newmarket, Ontario - Mr

Could not access "Guest Satisfaction Survey" to participate and to be eligable for $5000 gift card via www.lowes.ca/survey . No site and no way of using id#23356 2642 095, after large purchase at Newmarket Loss below only valid if successful in draw of winning opinion survey Service otherwise excellent; staff responsive, helpful with excellent knowledge of products far exceeding local competitor. We spent two hours at a competitor choosing a product with marginal help only to find the price was absurdly high. Lowes mark prices well and stores are always well laid out and displays are logical and well lit. It is too bad when an otherwise top notch shopping experience is marred by poor website management.

Looks like Lowes is not interested in this site or its comments.

We have a typical "TOP DOWN" policy of allowing verbal blowoff then allowing it to rot in cyberspace!

could not enter $5000 contest, all kinds of other garbage, but not lowes contest. lowes clean up your web site or don,t offer the $5000

Product