Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Hot Springs, Arkansas: Bad performance Loews Valspar Ultra Paint w/primer

The paint I used did not cover well and dried "streaky." I was using the same color of the new paint as the old paint. The walls were clean and in good shape. I used Valspar paint a year or so ago on the same type of wall and it was fine but it was not the "improved" paint with primer. I put on a second coat and the result was not much better. I'ts tolerable but when I put in a lot of time and care to paint a room, I expect better. Your experience may be different but, in my opinion: BUYER BEWARE.
Judson

Lowe's doesn't manufacture Valspar paint....Valspar does!

Lowes review in Old Town, Maine: Still waiting for my refrigerator

Ordered refrigerator 04-07-13 a long wait followed.Then I started calling and asking for order to be tracked.I got a form letter from customer care, then a form letter from store, the appliance dept has been calling and lying to me. 34 days living from an ice chest now. On the 04-29-13 I was told it was in and would be delivered 04-30-13.On 05-06-13 I was told it would be in on 05-08-13.On 05-10-13 I was told it would be in on 05-12-13Hello Thomas,I appreciate you contacting Lowe's.I apologize for the information given concerning the delivery of your refrigerator. I would like to get this matter resolved for you. In order to appropriately assist you, I will need for you to forward to me the store location of the purchase. Once I have received your information, I will have the Senior Store Management team to follow up with you.I look forward to hear back from you. Have a great day. Thank you,Robin H. Lowe's Customer CareI am writing in response to your inquiry on the special order fridge. I have left several messages both with Samsung and with our distribution center to give me an update on the status of your fridge. I apologize for the delay. I should hear something by the morning and will follow up with you then. We will get this to you as soon as possible.Thank youRick PerryAssistant Store ManagerStore 2291Brewer, ME

Your issue is it's Samsung. It comes from Korea on a boat.

That's why your order is taking so long, it depends on how fast a boat can go across the ocean.

The dates you are being given are the dates from Samsung. Your issue is with Samsung not being able to efficiently get product over here.

Lowes review in Cherry Hill, New Jersey: Extended Warranty is a joke

I purchased a Whirlpool from Lowe’s in Union NJ and after two yrs it started having problems so I figured since I had extended warranty I would get it fixed. The repair company sent a service man who could barely speak English and he told me I would have to pay out of pocket for everything thus costing me over five hundred dollars to repair. I plan on contacting 7 on your side or Arnald Diaz shame on on you because as consumer "money doesn't grow on trees" and why should I pay for coverage just to be told NO.

Extended Warranties does not cover abuse by the consumer. It also does not cover things based on life expectancy.

A regular manufacture warranty is very similar. Major retail chains consider an extended warranty 100% profit. Most people forget about them or do something to mess it up so they don't qualify for a repair or replacement.

There is nothing you can do in such a matter. Clearly whatever happened was not covered or you abused the unit which is the most common reason for rejection :)

What did you purchase? Was it a whirlpool tub or a Whirlpool appliance?

You don't say what the problem was.

If it was something you caused or caused by an act of God it would not be covered and you would have to pay. If you are going to complain on a site like this tell the whole story.

Loss

Lowes review in West Point, Georgia: What kind of idiots are you hiring?

There is this guy that works at the Lowe's where I live. It started off that he would try to talk to me when I went shopping there with my Mom.. and then he would see me alone and ask me out , but I had made it clear that I was not interested in dating anyone right then. Today I went to Lowe's by myself and he was outside in the parking lot.. where he not only stared me down but made an attempt to spit on my car when I drove by. I know that this guy has some anger issues and does not like the word "NO". I feel like I need to take my business elsewhere. Isn't this considered some sort of harassment or something? It is scary there are so many people out there working at a place like this with a personal issue and people who are considered right minded cannot even get a job!

That is a form of stalking no employee should ever pursue a customer while on the clock. You should report him ASAP, and tell your parents.

You and your parents can call Customer Care 1-800-445-6937.

You might want also file a police report because it is guys like that, that abduct females that reject them and then leave them in a shallow grave...please please BEWARE! File a POLICE report for your safety!

I thought this was a consumer website, not a sexual harassment complaint site

You should contact the store's HR manager. Call the store directly and ask for them.

Inform the HR Manager of the situation and be prepared to give the associate's name and description of the situation several times over the course of the next few interactions with Lowe's. I suggest writing what happened in a Word Document and then clicking and pasting everytime someone asks. Inform the HR Manager that you want the Store Manager's email address as well as the associate's Department and Zone Managers' Email addresses. Evrytime you send an email "cc" everyone you have and email address for.

If the HR Manager does not cooperate go over their head to Regional or Corporate immediately.

Make sure your grammer and spelling are checked and try not to be overboard emotionally. But be direct in what you expect them to do to correct the situation. The point is to build a file on this person and create a situation at the store that is less than hospitable for the associate.

If the managers have to invest too much time in solving this issue it will soon become more trouble to keep the associate than to deal with the issues that are created.

Continue to go to the store if the situation permits and introduct yourself to the managers. Let them see that you are a real and likeable person/ cusstomer worthy of respect and help.

@HR Issue

HR Issue wrote - "Make sure your grammer and spelling are checked and try not to be overboard emotionally." HAHAHAHAHA!! You should practice what you preach....it's grammar.

Tell someone in authority at Lowes you are being harassed by this "person". If that does not work, call the police.

Low lifes are everywhere these days. Do something before you become a statistic.

Maryjane

My first thought was thinking who goes to Lowes so often? Anyway next time you go bring your older brother or an older cousin or something, and if he does anything go complain to the store manager. Or just ugly yourself up a little bit lol

Review

Lowes review in Denver, Colorado: Where is everyone/ANYONE!

In looking for assistance for our basement remodel---new washer/dryer, carpeting, paint, cabinets, there was NO ONE to even say hello. After waiting and looking for 1/2 hour with still no employee contact or even knowing WHO WORKED there, we left and went to.... Home Depot greeted us at the door, took us to their home improvement section, introduced us to a sales person and GOT OUR BUSINESS! If 'Never stop improving' is Lowe's motto, they would have to START ANY TYPE OF IMPROVEMENT prior to continuing to improve on it. Can't believe people shop there as we will never be back and I'm sure whoever 'they' are won't miss our business.
Judson

Anonymous wrote - "After waiting and looking for 1/2 hour with still no employee contact or even knowing WHO WORKED there, we left and went to...." It would be THE PEOPLE in red or blue vests you ***!!!

I so agree with the comment about being greeted. I feel you don't need to be greeted to do your shopping.

I work in retail and while I do it of course because "I have to" and it's apart my job. How is whether you are greeted or not going to affect your shopping for items you should already know what you're looking for? Some of you really have no understanding how retail works. We as an associate have no control over how much people get staffed for the day.

Sometimes there are even call outs and 50% of the time no one comes in to fill in for those call outs. So guess what that means? Less people with MORE stuff to get done. People kill me always having an attitude when they have to wait because an associate is helping another customer and are so impatient.

Then some even have the nerve to try to be rude in cut in front of others.

Go shopping when you're going to have patience. We're sorry you have to look for someone to help you but keep in mind associates have other tasks to do other than sitting there doing nothing waiting for a customer to stop by and ask for help.

When in Lowes, use the "call buttons". They are on a timer.

To most Lowes employees, they are the "button of death". Don't be afraid to use them.

There isn't any law that I am aware of that says stores have to have somebody at the door to greet customers. People that think they should be greeted at the door, should go and visit friends.

I'm sure the Lowe's employees wore something that identified them as store employees. As far as that goes unless you are blind you should have been able to find the items you were looking for, and when you got to those respective departments there more than likely would have been an employee or two in the department.

If you can't find different departments in a store, maybe you need a caregiver to help you shop. Grow up!!!!

@anonymous

First, I completely understand about the lack of employee's. As a prior employee, there were many times at closing when we were lucky to even have 10 people store wide.

However, with that said, employee's also have lunches. It is very common when we do not have the hours to be better staffed, that one employee is covering 4+ departments. Red vests are hourly staff, blue vest(s) are store/assistant managers.

I would suggest next time going to the Customer Service desk [where there is someone 100% of the time, mandatory, and often the only register open while handling phone calls and incoming orders placed on-line] or better yet to the person watching the exit [most likely the Head Cashier], and ask if there is an available manager to help because you could not find someone. And for the love of all that is holy, please do not be snarky or *** their heads off! They can not leave the front end to assist you, and it is [normally] easier to get an Assistant Manager than it is to have us try and call a billion people trying to find one to help you. Chances are if you did not see one walking from Appliances to the Front End, then they are either a] taking their mandatory and much deserved lunch or b] helping another customer.

P.S. I have been to Home Depot a few times, and while my last trip was actually pleasant with plenty of staff and helpful at that, my two or three times before there was also plenty of staff but no one said hello! If you do not bring it to someone's attention and chose to instead walk out and scorn them, then it can never get better!

they probably won't miss you, because someone just got pissed off and home depot and went to lowes

Lowes. Installers getting canned

I've been seeing quality installers getting ACT15ed which means fired without disclosing a reason. Now my boss and I are getting cut too. He has been doing it for over 40 years I have about 10 under my belt. Most of our customers say " we heard your the best." And the real people who work in the three stores we cover say it because they know its true and we bend over backwards fixing problems. However many customers are jerked around so much that by the time we get there they are steaming and looking to get money back. So when they get that call to survey the install they give a less than perfect score. And with their new math, if you don't get a perfect 7 then it knocks it down to a 2? Doesn't make sense. Well if they want to get rid of the little guys like us because we don't have a warehouse and multiple crews (nevermind that we do quality work) they will be stuck with companies like American Carpet who are mostly ....not American and work for home depot. Then this complaint website will be jumping :-)

I am an installer doing a million plus a year. We do great work.

Been 10 years in the making. Just hire quality people and keep them trained on new products.

They only take that survey when they are pissed. Hardly ever to give a thumbs up.

Product
Lowes Website

Scammed by Lowes

I purchased a refrigerator on April 21, 2013. Lowes stated they were going to deliver it on April 30, 2013 between the hours of 10AM and 12 PM. They never showed up. The said they did not put the refrigerator on the truck because it was damaged. THEY NEVER CALLED TO TELL ME THIS!! They got another refridgerator from another store after I demanded they get something to my home the same day. The refrigerator did not work. NOW, LOWES refuses to replace it ASAP. I have no refrigerator now. They will not even credit my credit card. I am disabed with $2500 worth of medication that spoiled and my son who is 2 is being disrupted because he cannot have his milk. Lowes took my money and refuses to deliver on their products.
Judson

Your food stamps will cover the milk. You might not be able to get your *** and gin, but atleast you'll have milk.

It's not a scam, it's a mistake, an inconvenience

Tags
  • Harshad number

Lowes review in Tarboro, North Carolina: Lowe's 3022

As a former employee of Lowe's I am disgusted with how they treat their African American employees. I am a Caucasian and could not believe how simple minded those in management were. They walk around with their head up their butts and expect you to kiss it. Before they give anyone FT they hire Seasonal people, work the *** out of them and then dismiss them. The employees are what makes that location but as for as the managers go they can kiss *** and pray they never get demoted. I suggest you spend your money in Rocky Mount or Greenville, or wait all day for an override.

The lowes in Tarboro NC is the worst lowes store in the state, I have never seen such lazy employees or unqualified managers in any retail store .

We will miss you here at Lowes. Your feelings are somewhat normal for someone with no work ethic, as it is necessary for you to blame your employer for your lack of skill set and talent.

Sadly, your next employer will be the same, and you will continue to find wrong in every workplace you are in.

I assure you we all have opportunities, no matter the position, however, you are sitting in the wrong seat to be throwing stones. Your mindset is undermining others and vicitmized; change that and you may be happier with your next job.

That's why they are "seasonal" employees...not promised FT

Lowes no longer hires FT employees. Like any service block employer, they know "cheap labor" is everywhere. Average employment time for a new hire at Lowes is 90 days.

It's not just Lowe's, you find that in most work places today.

There are so many people out their looking for work they know you can be replaced within a day.

View more comments (4)

Lowes - Valspar paint is garbage

Lowes - Valspar paint is garbage
I have been talked into buying valspar paint by the Lowes paint department 3 times and everytime the paint performed horribly. The paint I used in the bathroom had bubbles in it and it dried with bubles on the wall. The second was a primer and paint combo paint that did not cover like the paint claimed and if you didn't paint fast the paint would be pulled off the wall by the roller. Lastly I painted my front door and I have too this every year becaise the paint fades. I have now switched to sherwin wiliams paint and have no problems.
#1761932

Just suffered with guys who couldn't mix paint, and then was given can of concrete paint with sludge on bottom. water thim, irregularly covered the area.

I actually work at Lowe's in the paint dept and paint houses on the side for a living. The bubble issue your having is not because of the paint but because of the type of roller your using.

Its very important to make sure your surface is clean and free of debris. Make sure you know what your painting on top of. If the walls have a oil base on them, stick with a oil base paint or primer them with a oil base or latex base primer and then paint them with a latex paint. This will stop the problem of peeling and in some cases, bubbles.

IF YOUR NOT SURE OF WHAT TYPE OF PAINT IS ALREADY ON THE WALLS...POUR ALCOHOL ON A COTTON BALL OR RAG AND WIPE THE SURFACE. IF PAINT COMES OFF THEN ITS LATEX, IF NO PAINT COMES OFF THEN ITS OIL BASE. The truth about ANY brand paint that has (Paint + Primer) written on the front is ONLY for surfaces that are already painted with lightly colored tint and in good condition. If your painting over fresh wood, new drywall or dark colors, a pure primer is needed.

If your planning on buying primer, have a employee tint it gray for you. Gray primer tends to cover up existing paint a lot better (dark colors and stains), it will also bring out the true color of your top coated tint that you picked out....and in less coats. I have had customers come in and say they didn't like the Valspar Reserve or Signature and with just a few questions I asked them, 9 times out of 10, it was something that they didn't do before painting. Don't expect to know everything because there's always something new to learn about paint...that's what we're there for, to help you with your projects.

Hope this helps! :)

The paint seemed to apply well to the walls but when it came time to remove all the tape the paint peeled off with the tape. Now it looks like *** and have to redo the room or just live with the *** paint job.

I would not recommend this paint to anyone seems to be very poor quality paint for 45/ gallon. I wish I could get my money back

@Valspar paint is ***

You got that right. Cheap paint like Glidden is much better.

It's not just their paints that suck, so do all their coatings.

Google Valspar sucks. Nobody has had good experience with Valspar paint.

well my husband just had the same issue with a can of Valspar...peeled right off the wall onto the roller...not buying that paint anymore...

#732048

I am having the exact same issue, bubbles in the paint. If you try to "flatten" the bubbles, the paint peels right off the wall!

I primed the walls prior to painting, requested paint without primer and got it anyway. My son next door had the same issue. Valspar is ***! And for those here that swear on this junk has to be running PR for Valspar.

There simply is no other explanation.

I will be returning this product for a refund and if that is a problem for Lowes, God help them! :(

#720866

Not to be rude or frank but if this is true why would it take 3 times to figure that out? To be " talked into it" common sense says if you don't like it, don't use it.

You'd think you might have questioned buying their paint after the first bad experience but it's your own fault you bought it a third time.

Valspar from Lowes is absolute ***. Dont be fooled by this sub par non covering garbage.

Go with Sherwin Williams and before you buy into any other comments just look at consumer reports or any other legitimate testing and review co. Valspar is always rated Low.

Breyonna

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Please tell me you returned everything!?

Haha you are just an *** who has no clue how to paint.

It's not the paint - it's the painter!! Valspar is an awesome paint.

Bubbles=roller used

Paint/primer=lazy

you must be ***, ive never had issues with lowes paints

View more comments (13)
Featured
Tags
  • The Wall

Lowes review in Charlotte, North Carolina: VASPAR INTERIOR WALL PAINT AND PRIMER

Lowes review - VASPAR INTERIOR WALL PAINT AND PRIMER
Lowes review - VASPAR INTERIOR WALL PAINT AND PRIMER
It runs, spots, dripped down my walls ON MY CARPET AND BASEBOARDS IM POSTING PICTURES it was horrible I paid so much money on cleaning products it got all over my brand new carpet (RUINED) PAID AMOST $3000.00 FOR MY HOUSE CARPET THROUGHOUGH OUT AND GOES TO OUR BEDROOM. UNBELEIVABLE A MESS IT LOOKS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!WE BEEN WORKING ON IT FOR DAYS wow I SEE I CAN ADD A PICTURE GREAT! the company is gonna give us only the price of one can of paint, this paint was expensive and we have painted our bedroom before with less expensive paint and it never did this.

Used too much paint, YOU used a wrong roller, YOU did not use paint drop cloths, YOU do not know how to paint, YOU used paint/primer paint, YOU should of done research, and lastly, YOU should of hired someone who knew what they were doing. YOU should not point fingers.

It's like tell a child while YOU are pointing a finger, there are four pointing back at YOU.

Kamilia
@YOU...

Wow who are you.... Take the easy way out hire some one.....Lazy

All paint/primer are horrible. Never take the easy way out.

That extra step may be the most important...especially on a dark color like yours.

I have Valspar paint on every wall throughout my home with no problems, but we did use Kliz primer. Just did a lot of research first.

What another frivolous lawsuit. Pissed Consumer website is great one of the few website where we can exercise our First Amendment Rights

IF these lawsuits exist, please provide more details.

Do you realize that pissed consumer already has lawsuits against them?