Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in San Antonio, Texas - Worst experience ever!

Bought top of the line Samsung Washer from lowes with the extended warranty 12 months ago. Of course the manufacturer warranty is expired so have to deal with endless calls, *** appliance repair company not showing up, ordering endless parts, wasting my time and so far three work days.I am so frustrated at this point with lowes and the way they make you waste three days of unnecessary service calls before them deem something unrepairable. The service companies they contract with are the cheapest possible and here in the San Antonio area they have no idea what they are doing.Today is day three of waiting for an incompetent repair guy and wasting 1.5 hours on the phone yet again with Lowes.I will never purchase ANYTHING from lowes again-canceling my credit line as well.

Lowe's extended warranty protection program (the Lowe's Advantage) is only an advantage to Lowe's. They take your money and run.

You are the fool at the great disadvantage.

Never purchase an extended warranty from these crooks. Run the other way fast.

Do not buy an appliance from Lowes either.

twowilies

WOW, You both are complaining about improper/inept service! Can't blame you for your complaints, BUT it's like complaining about the dealership that you bought your car from about the service that you received at the quick lube.

Valid complaint wrong people. Complain to the service provider, NOT THE PEOPLE THAT YOU BOUGHT YOUR EQUIPMENT FROM.

You are RIGHT ON with your complaint! My spouse and I bought a "top of the line" SAMSUNG dryer and have headaches with it from the get-go.

Lowe's so-called "Customer Service Advantage" department is a TOTAL joke with incompetent and rude SUPERVISORS. . . .to-boot!

They could care less about your complaint and do NOTHING to preserve a relationship with an OUTSTANDING customer. For now on it's SEARS or Home Depot that gets our "major appliance" purchases. At over 60yrs old, my spouse and I have had more HEADACHES with Lowe's than with any other company! Thanks.

. . .but NO thanks!

Good-bye LOWE'S!

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Middletown, New York - Refrigerator delivery no show

We ordered a refrigerator from Lowes.com to be delivered on Wednesday. They called a few days in advance to verify the delivery date. Someone stayed home all day waiting on the delivery. We called customer support at 4:30PM. They assured us that the delivery would take place. The said the night driver came on at 5 PM the truck would be loaded then and they would call one hour before the delivery. I asked if this was normal to deliver so late. I was told that is the way they always did their deliveries. There was no phone call and no attempt to deliver the refrigerator.
Loss

Lowes in Billerica, Massachusetts - Lowe's customer service sucks!

Update by user Jun 04, 2015

Good questions twowillies, just got an email about this so I will respond and update, even though the issues is long since over...

The mower was less than a month old at the time and I did try to replace the battery, one person told me to just being the battery in, which I did, only to be told that they don't sell just that battery.

So I later delivered the mower back to them, they returned it within a week, when they went to start it off of their trailer it wouldn't start, so they proceeded to push it off the trailer. Why is unclear to me, it actually makes no sense. As they were pushing it back into the trailer because I said I wasn't going to take a broken mower back they then pushed it back on to the trailer a wheel came off!!! Ya, no kidding!

Turns out it wasn't my mower at all....

They did being mine back another week after that and it was fixed. It was actually a wiring issue which they were able to fix and return to me.

I paid for the repairs and haven't bought an item from them since. In the end they did make good but totally not worth the hassle.

Update by user Jun 04, 2015

Good questions

Original review posted by user Jan 01, 2013

I cannot begin to express my dissatisfaction with the customer service at the Lowes in Essex VT. I'm not sure, but I think I have talked with every manager on staff more then once and I still don't have the answers to my question. I have gone to the store to get answers on three different occasions, called in and been accidentally hung up on by the customer service office as they attempted to transfer me to other departments four different times, called the corporate office and literally talked with 4 different in store managers, some of them more than twice. Each time I hear "I will take care of it and get back to you". Only once has this ever happened and they called me back to tell me they didn't have an answer but would have someone else call me the next day, which I need not tell you, NEVER happened! They looked me up in the system and cannot find ANY of my information confirming that I even purchased the $3000 riding lawn mower with them. Once they did take the mower for service they tell me they cannot find the mower in their store, but assure me that they have it and will check with the local Agway who they have service their mowers because Lowe's staff cant seem to service it. It's a dead battery for god sake, I can service it! Honestly, you can't make the stuff up! The story goes on and on and it is now the dead of winter and I still have not heard from them as to a professional diagnosis on the mower and still do not have a clue as to when I might get it back! I must say this has taken way more time then I anticipated and I will never be purchasing another large ticket item from Lowe's.

LOWES BLOWS

twowilies

We seem to be missing a little information that might let us know if we should find your complaint valid. You don't state when you purchased the mower.

Was it last week, last year, or 10 years ago? A little information for you. There is no customer service office (just a counter maned by a cashier. Lowe's has no in house service department to take care of your problems.

Finally, it the problem is a dead battery, why didn't you just take care of it instead of expecting everybody else to take care of your problem.

Lowe's "Customer Servie" (so-called) is so-o-o-o-o-o bad that I will NEVER walk in their front door to do business with them EVER again! And their "major" appliances?!?!.

. . . .FORGET IT!

Bought TOP OF THE LINE SAMSUNG washer/dryer AND a Whirlpool refrigerator and have NOTHING but problems. And the SUPERVISORS in their "Customer Care Advantage" department are the WORST! Take this review SERIOUSLY! Do yourself a favor.

. . . .PASS on any of their "deals".

They're NOT worth the headache! Good-bye Lowe's!

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Bristol, Connecticut - Rude "manager".

While waiting in line for the only check out station (self serve at that) I noticed an employee waving towards another register he was about to open. I am hard of hearing and apparently I was not the customer that he had chosen to wait on. Not realizing what was happening I made my way over to this second register. He rudely escorted another customer to be waited on before myself. I can understand his wanting to be fair and had I not been hearing impaired I might have understood what he was doing...this is no excuse for the treatment I received. When I asked for his name so that I might call Lowe's corporate complaint number he became upset and would only identify himself by his first name. Had this "manager " been doing the job he was being paid to do this ssituation would have never developed. What kind of a retail business keeps only one (self serve) check out open? It was his poor judgement and management skills that allowed this less than satisfactory condition. There is a Home Depot in this same town (Derby Ct>) and although they are not perfect they are head and shoulders above Lowe's. I knew this going in but there are only a couple items that I purchase at Lowe's because Home Depot does not carry them. Major purchases are made at Home Depot.

We went to the Lowes store in Spokane Valley,WA. a few weeks ago and there was an employee that smelled like he was drunk at the carpet area desk and HE did not look very good so I told my husband that we should leave right now after I pointed out what I was seeing and he agreed and we left and went across the street to Home Depot and did our shopping there. So just watch out about those people in Lowes stores.

Lowes in Miami, Oklahoma - Lowe's has gone down hill

Id like to speak to someone about the Lowe's store in Joplin Mo. I tryed the manger there and he either placed me on hold or continued transfering me. From 2007 to present after the Miami Ok flood, I have rebuilt 2 houses from that store. Now I have an farm home I'd like to redo. I can not get an answer in cabinets to buy any. ( not the 1st time) This happened 2 years ago as well so I went to Home depo. I realise that $1,300.00 is not gonna break Lowe's lol. My complaint is in the last 2 years that store has went down hill. I guess that's all I wanted to say, Good luck in the future and thank you. Sincerely,

Lowes blows!

Bought a new frig from Lowes in Goodyear, AZ.-lasted 42 days-took 36 days to get it repaired. Would not replace only repair. Store warranty only good for 30 days. They stained my new carpet removing old frig-refused to clean but offered their carpet cleaner for us to use!!!! Thank for nothing. Will never ever buy from Lowes again. Big box sores only want to sell not service. Think twice before buying from the large stores.. The ma and pa stores have to take care of you to stay in business but the big stores don't care.

Hey Putz- did all the steps-went through Lowe's then went through Frigidaire. Took 36 days, lost several hundred dollars in food.

Stained brand new carpet.

You must be a paid shill for Lowes. I will give Lowe's some credit though-they finally cleaned my carpet after getting the run around for over a month.

Hold on, they fixed it and you're still ***? Did you buy the extended warranty?

I'm guessing no. Did you contact the manufacturer after the 30 days?

In guessing no. You're a ***.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Palmerton, Pennsylvania - Would not accept my 214 and PA Driver ID

Went to check out and was told they would not accept my 214 and Picture PA Drivers ID in order to get military discount. What a slap in the face I served my country and thought discounts like Lowes offered was a hand shake for the time I served my country. Guess I will have to take my business to a business that appreciates what I did. Oh yes the military does not offer this ID. I have to purchase it and I am not sure this will be accepted. I will tell all my friends and co-works no to shop at Lowes. I used my 214 previously and it was accepted makes not sense that they would not accept it today.
nshiz22

I have worked for Lowes and served in the military, both I respect. You should not have been refused your military discount of 10% off.

The cashier probably refused your DD-214 because of the cashiers ignorance of standard military practices and protocal. I'm sure if you went back with your receipt or myLowes card, you will get reimbursed your 10% you earned.

Just calmly go ask for an ASM or Head Cashier at the Customer Service desk.

I've very rarely seen any form of Military Id Refused for a military discount in my 5 years at Lowes. Was it by chance a business purchase you were trying to use it on?

#592041

Based on this, I am assuming you have not read lowes policy for giving the veteran discount. They accept only a few forms of ID and a 214 is NOT one of them.

Also, not many people know this, but the policy clearly states you must be an ACTIVE member or have 20 years (yes, 20 years) of active service completed in order to qualify for the discount. Your ID must in fact be a type accepted by lowes and must show that you are either active, or have served 20 years. I believe this is *** So when I am working, I will approve anyone with a military ID.

No matter how long they served, 20 days or 20 years. Thank you for serving our country.

Did they give you a reason why they would not accept your dd214?

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - ChoiceDek Project Taking over 6 Months to Complete

Update by user Jan 28, 2013

Correction: The contract was signed at the end of June 2012 and not July 2012.

Original review posted by user Dec 28, 2012

At the end of July 2012, I signed a contract with Lowe's to build a 16'x16' deck onto my house to replace an existing deck which was falling apart. In the contract it stated work was to begin in approximately three to four weeks. It actually began the day after Labor Day about eight weeks after I signed the contract. With a combination of wrong and/or damage parts, my deck is still not full complete as of 12/28/12. I was told the replacement parts for the replacement parts (which were damaged) would be here on Jan. 3rd. I will never do business with Lowe's again after this. I'm paying off my account with them and closing it. In all my years of hiring contractors, I have never been *** around by anyone as I have been by Lowe's in Bonsack, Virginia. Avoid them at all costs.
Tags
  • replacement parts

Be careful of Lowes extended warranty

Be careful of Lowes extended warranty. My son bought a whirlpool washer and drier and bought the extended warranty, the washer has lost a bearing three times also tearing the seal in front. They fixed it twice and this time the technician told them it would cost more to fix it than to replace it. Lowes is refusing to honor their obligation on the extended warranty. My daughter-in-law has been doing the laundry for 3 young kids my son Bob and myself in the bathtub for over a month now. Don’t buy any appliances at Lowes as they do not honor their warranties. Just a word of caution from a dissatisfied customer. I have shopped at Lowes for years but not anymore.
Loss

HORRIBLE SERVICE! NEVER GOING TO LOWES AGAIN!

I will start off saying that every single time I go to Lowes in Mount Olive NJ employees are helpless and and not very smart at all. I recently ordered carpet which clearly shows taxes were applied in the paperwork (which took me 20 minutes just to find someone in the flooring dept) the lady at the flooring department then told me to bring the paperwork to the cashier which they charged me taxes again!!! I tried to explain to the cashier to look at the breakdown which showed taxes are already applied and she double taxed me! The employees are not smart at all, very rude, and very lazy!!! This was my last straw, I will never shop at any lowes because of the service there! Home depot has much better service!

You are that angry over a cash register/paperwork mistake that was obviously fixed since you didn't mention that it wasn't??? Come on now, simmer down.

nikalseyn

You open by claiming the employees at Lowe's are "helpless and ..not very smart at all." But, you still purchased something there???

View more comments (1)