Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Oak Grove, Missouri: A *** way to greet customers....

Lowes review - A *** way to greet customers....
Lowes review - A *** way to greet customers....
We entered the local Lowe's store around 8:30 pm on 4-9-13 - and the first thing we were greeted by was a pallet of lawn care materials sitting about 6 feet from the door - and the plastic on the bags was covered with bird droppings. It was so disgusting - and right there for anyone to see and smell. Also low enough to the ground for a child to touch ! Totally unsanitary in a store that usually prides itself on having a clean environment. We shopped for about 15 minutes and then started to leave. I noticed that nothing had been done with this disgusting sight - and asked to see the manager. Unfortunately I did not get his name. I expressed my concern and he indicated they would be unloading the pallet soon - and that the droppings were there because the pallets are stored outside. I assured him I understood this - but found this to be a very despicable way to be greeted at their store. Please see attached pictures -

Epic fail for you and your picture...nice one...move on

Why would u shop there if ur afraid of a little nature? I like the fact that my lowes has little wild birds flying around in there, they obviously like it in there because they could fly away if they wanted to.

I ecspecially like that lowes doesn't poison them or something to get rid of them. As for kids touching it, I'm sure kids have touched worse.

Also you said u were there for 15 minutes and it was still there so u called the manager over there. If u would leave them alone maybe they could get it put up instead of wasting their time listening to ur bs.

Lluvia

I have had some bad experiences at a lot of places. I have to say that, I was at Lowe's in Smithfield this weekend, during the crazy rush.

They don't have a greeter there often, but the one they had was supper cute and full of personality. Maybe Lowe's is actually starting to hire employees who like people, and what they do!

That's a step in the right direction.

Sucks for the person who has to unpack all of that. Did you ever think of that person?

That pallet looks like it's parked next to the outside garden door, right where it needs to be. Did you have your panties in a bunch before you went there to actually complain about that.

As far as kids, well, that's not you problem, it's the parenting. I've taught my son not to touch ***, besides that, he stays in a cart because he doesn't need to be running around terrorizing the associates.

I work for a competitor of Lowes and this is very common on all our items because like Lowes we store them OUTSIDE. So it's okay for employees to have to deal with this on a daily basis, but you have to see it and it's the end of the world...

You should consider this perhaps you've bought an item before with birdshlt all over it and didnt even know it. Every year I have to clean off our Snowblowers that are covered in Birdshlt from being stored during the summer.

Thank you for giving me the laugh of the day. Why did you not take a paper topwel and clean off the offensive debris.

Oh wait, I know .

You were too upset! :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

the next time a delivery is made at your place, we'll take a picture of the bird dropping on your vehicle. the driveway too how about that?

View more comments (6)

Lowes review in Cincinnati, Ohio: 300 dollar power washer quite working

I have found another reason to not purchase some items from the 'big box' hardware stores. Lowes is generally a handy place to purchase some items (i.e paint, lumber, flowers, lights). If I had thought about it before I purchased the power washer I would not have purchased this type if item from Lowes. I paid cash 300.00 cash for a nice Troy-Built power washer. I used it three times last year for a total of eight hours. I ran it out of gas before I stored it for the winter. I pulled it out 2 days ago and filled it with new gas and started it. It ran for 3 minutes and quite. I called Lowes and was told I needed to contact Troy-Built for warranty service which I did. I was told it sounded like a gas related issue since there might have been some gas left in the reservoir that separated over the winter and clogged the jets. This is not covered by the warranty. I was told to clean the carburetor and reservoir and try it again. I contacted my smaller local hardware dealer who sells power washers and was told if I had purchased it from them they could have their service department check this out. That is the advantage of buying these type of items from a local dealer and other over the shelf stuff from the big box stores. Lesson learned.

The gasoline is not as bad as the broken pump you probably have because you left water in it when you stored it in your shed. Sorry but warranties can't fix ***.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Horrible Customer Service.

This was the message I wrote to Lowes. Dear Lowes, Today I had the worst experience I have ever encountered during a transaction with any other business. I went to return a few items I had left over from a home improvement project. A total amount of $11.70 (with tax). I had to wait 30 minutes just to be seen by an associate, of the 4 present none acknowledged me or to say they would be available shortly. Even a manager walked by and there were about 4 of us in line, he offered neither acknowledgement or assistance. All of my returned items were unopened in their original packaging with their original labels/upcs. I handed your associate my receipt to which he indicated was "useless" and threw it away because it was beyond the standard return policy. At which point he told me that "He wasn't obligated to return my items, that the company states it shall do so with it's discretion". I replied "I was just at Home Depot making a return, and they had no such issues with doing so." He said, "Well, let them loose money then." I said, "Isn't the point to make the customer happy?" To which he replied, "It's not profitable to accept returns, if you were in business you'd understand." I actually DO run my own business and personally I find the best practice is excellent customer service. However, I don't find it either appropriate or necessary for an associate of any company to argue with it's customers about anything. I have never been so embarrassed and insulted in making such a small return with completely unused and unopened items. This is not my first negative experience with your company, but it is my last. Today you lost a customer over a grand total of $11.70. I promptly took my gift card and spent it so that I will never have to return to your store(s) again. I am glad you have a "Hassle-Free return policy", I certainly haven't experience it however. I will be sharing this with as many people as possible, and will direct them to do business elsewhere.

get over yourself

People need to start reading their receipts. Once your over the "day amount policy" you don't get to return with or without the receipt.

What is so hard to understand about that? And yes companies can refuse a return.

The associate chose to argue with you probably because he didn't want to bother a supervisor who has more important things to do then to have to come down and regurgitate the same information that the associate has been trained to know and tell the customer about company policy. It's a waste of time.

I work for a competitor and you have 90 days to return most items; other items have 30 days other 7 days, if you go past that point you're not entitled to a return. The employee did sound a bit rude other then that no reason to be all huffy. I'm sure you were not so nice to the employee either causing the issue.

This however is semantics, when you are returning an actively sold product which has been unused and unopened there is no loss to the company, the expense of paying an individual to re-shelve the item is nominal compared to the retention of a customer. That is economics "101", as a customer retained over a "lifetime" will return and easily offset this "loss".

I would be very curious to know which companies are successful who do not put their customers first. Naturally they retain their "discretion" in order to prevent exchanging product that was either not sold from their location, or was in a condition that would in fact cause a loss. Again my reciept clearly showed all the items were in fact purchased at their location.

However, to be fair to Lowes the store manager just phoned me and apologized and when I explained the situation he told me that given the circumstances that the representative should never have acted in that manner. I appreciate him having contacted me as it shows that they do have customer service in mind, which to me is an extremely important factor in doing business with someone.

Freda

View more comments (4)

Lowes review in Newmarket, Ontario: Mr

Could not access "Guest Satisfaction Survey" to participate and to be eligable for $5000 gift card via www.lowes.ca/survey . No site and no way of using id#23356 2642 095, after large purchase at Newmarket Loss below only valid if successful in draw of winning opinion survey Service otherwise excellent; staff responsive, helpful with excellent knowledge of products far exceeding local competitor. We spent two hours at a competitor choosing a product with marginal help only to find the price was absurdly high. Lowes mark prices well and stores are always well laid out and displays are logical and well lit. It is too bad when an otherwise top notch shopping experience is marred by poor website management.

Looks like Lowes is not interested in this site or its comments.

We have a typical "TOP DOWN" policy of allowing verbal blowoff then allowing it to rot in cyberspace!

could not enter $5000 contest, all kinds of other garbage, but not lowes contest. lowes clean up your web site or don,t offer the $5000

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes review in Kinston, North Carolina: Sorry *** service

I special ordered a door I was told it would take 21days that was fine I finally get my call 23 days later I go to pick up door at customer service Debra was nice as she called a code 50thats for someone to fetch the door fro m it's special bin I wait 30mins and watch the manager and several others talk while the one guy actually working with someone had to go get it Willie nice guy brought me the door I sighed the dam papers so I could take out my door as I was leaving I'm approached from a unidentified employee to stop me and tell me I can't just walk out with my special ordered door with my receipt and my name on the dam door then the employee pulls out his little coat and says he's got to call someone and I told him I had already been through all this he was persistent to be a *** and then the manager comes up and of course no dam help either so I told the to take the 464 dollar special ordered door and give me my money and I begin to show my *** they just give me my receipt and tell me I could go how ***

It is Lowe's policy to ensure that all items been accounted/signed for before leaving the store. Often customers go wandering while their order is being brought to the front, and when it is chaotic, anyone could walk off with your order. I am sure that would of been worse than being asked for proof of purchase, yes? Then someone could of walked out, and you'd of been mad that no one visually verified that he had a receipt, and a correct one for that particular item. Can't win either way it seems.

Since you used the term unidentified, I am going to take an educated guess that it was the store's Loss Prevention. Employee's have every right to request a receipt. Unless they were standing there watching you sign, they would not know.

As far as the 30 minute wait - you would understand if the saw the receiving areas. There are shelves to the ceiling, and often times if they are high up, there are items on the floor that need to be moved with a pallet jack. It's not like we sit there fooling around in the back so you can wait longer.

Patience is a virtue.

It's a vest, not a coat

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Chalmette, Louisiana: Shower Valves

I purchased a shower valve from Lowes about 3 months ago as my builder had asked me to. It had to be a one valve unit rather than a 2 or 3 because it is specified in the building code. These are always trash but very expensive anyway. So 3 days ago I got the permit to move in. I got in the shower, turned the water on and it was spraying out of the valve in the wall. I cut the sheet rock out of the back but sure to stud placement and it being soldered in it was not assessable, so I had to go break out the tile, backer board, and green rock. I pulled the valve apart and took all the prices except the manifold to Lowes. When I got there I realized it had been 3 months and I did not have the receipt so I just wanted to buy a new valve body. They told me they had no way to look it up, no idea what kind of valve I had and unless I could provide the exact day of purchase there was nothing they would do. They did tell me I could drive 20 miles access town and get one from a plumbing supply house. After spending a whole day going from supply house to supply house to no avail i called the Plumber who cut a large hole in my tile about 20 inches square because he had to access 2studs to replace the green board and backer board with any strength, then will need to tele the area after putting in a new valve. Then they have to go patch the sheet rock, match the texture and repaint in the office, all because Lowes doesn't carry supplies or even a book to identify what they sell. They also avoid Abby responsibility by not saving your purchases under your phone number so if you Donny know the exact day, they can't find your purchase record.

you obviously did not use your MYLOWES card. please drop by and sign up for your MYLOWES card so the next time the valves leaks, you can buy a replacement valve and use the parts from that.

You can purchase the new valve with your LOWES CREDIT card and get 5% off too. Thank you for shopping at LOWES

Do you think you can pull the valves out of the engine of you car and take them to a dealer or auto parts store and expect to get the right ones without knowing the year, make and model of the car? Pretty slim chances.

Why would you expect a retail store to know what your parts came out of just by looking at them?

As you can see from going from one plumbing supplier to another and having no luck there either you might have unreasonable expectations of Lowes to know what you need. It is not the responsibility of a retailer to keep track of your purchases...save your receipts.

@Do....

No one could of said it better.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Purchasing
  • Plumbing

Lowes review in Springfield, Missouri: Written up for leaving work ON TIME?!

Today I was informed by a head cashier that I was written up the night before for, "not letting the ASM know I was leaving." I was unaware that myself and the ASM was married and I had to let him know when I leave every day. I was scheduled until 9:30 at night, and I expect to leave at that time. Funny thing is that I didn't actually leave "on time," I left at 9:45. I have been treated horribly there for over a year now and something is about to go down. There will be a scene that will make the whole company look bad.

I will not be filling an application nor shopping there for most anything i can get the lowest price on pretty much everything at menards and the best quality at homedepot and its either quality or price example wire its all the same in terms of standards or plumbing then we have stuff like the brackets to mount a 2x4 across your backdoor they are much thicker wider and accept much bigger screws at homedopt so when quailty matters go for the best double the price but not gonna go to lowes for a halfway to save 2 dollars not to mention they have issues with orders they screw it all up likely at the payment center leaving you with no option to debate once you sign the papers with all the apreviations that nobody can understand home depot you can compare part numbers and such no 22''lng 35 in dp-3/4 counter then they tell you ya that is 22 feet long and then they deleiver a sliver of a counter and charge you for 22 feet i have heard a few stories like that

Totally know what you mean. I wasted 6 years of my life at Lowes. One of the most messed companies I have ever worked for.

Go right ahead and embarrass yourself. More than likely you got written up because you left late, without authorization.

@anonymous

I left late because they lock the doors at night and I couldn't leave on time. And I actually won't be the one embarrassed. I will just let them know why nobody at the entire likes it there and how *** their operations there are.

you are an ***

#631950
@ha ha

haha, you're a *** and apparently haven't worked at Lowe's. Go choke on a ***. (directed toward Tampa, Florida person)^

@ha ha

You people must be ASM's since your laughing about this. Bunch of *** I quess.

@Anonymous

If the store was closing at 9 and you were scheduled until 9:30, then you need to bring it to the Head Cashier and/or ASM's attention and ask if you could leave early at 9 or stay until 10. Head Cashier has to go through the ASM anywayss for approval, but it is polite to ask to ensure that she doesn't need your help after close.

It is store policy that no one leaves alone, so I am betting that is why you did not get out at your scheduled 9:30 leave.

I have never heard of any of my cashiers being written up for leaving late, but it does not entirely surprise me. I would approach HR and your ASM about it and ask how they expect you to get off at 9:30 when the store closed at 9 and didn't let you out until 9:45 when I am assuming everyone else that worked the closing shift left as well.

@Prior CSA

I got two words for ya! LOWE`S BLOWES!!!!!

View more comments (8)
Lowes Cashier
Tags
  • Renting

Lowes review in Hickory, North Carolina: Deceptive Incentives

I received a promotional "spend $50 and get $10 off/spend $250 and get $25 off" with cards attached to present to the cashier. We spent $337.94 and I gave the girl the card, first she said she couldn't use that, but then took it. When I looked at the receipt, all I was given was 5% off - which I always get for using my credit card. When I called, what I was told by a Customer Service clerk AND a Customer Service Supervisor, is that Lowes does not allow you to "stack" discounts. What? Her explanation is that it's on the flyer AND on the website so I should have known. So, the promotion said come in and use this - but they don't really mean it! It's pretty close to fraud to me - make the offer look good and people don't read the really really fine print and oh, they should know because it's on the website. Why bother to send it out! Oh, I know, because most people don't even look! NEVER GOING TO LOWES AGAIN!!! Cut up my card.

They are still doing it almost 3 years later. Checker only mentioned it after transaction complete.

Maybe people don't care but I would guess they have lost more customers and have come out on the losing end. The stores are never very busy.

I TELL THE CUSTOMERS IF THEY HAVE SAY TEN ITEMS TO BUY,BUY EACH ITEM SEPARATELY WITH THE LOWES CARD AND GET 5% OFF EACH ITEM. THAT WOULD TOTAL 50%. but do it at different stores or different casheir because lowes will catch on to you soon.

@***OCIATE

You know that's incorrect right? It would still be 5% off the lump sum... 5% off each item equal 5% off the total amount.

Then I would have to ask YOU why would You keep shopping at Lowes?

Promotions are to get people into the store. Why should they stack?

Legally it's not fraud if it clearly stated somewhere on the promotion it is not useable with other discounts. Why you so angry about a minor discount? Stores need to make money!

If they don't make money they shut down and you no longer have anywhere to shop but WALMART.

@Heartless

If they had told the consumer at the register --either get the 5% with the card or this promotional discount then of course this misunderstanding would not have happened! I received coupon for them that MENTIONS NOTHING about stacking of discounts as we also qualify for a 10% DVA discount I went in to buy a dryer and was told I could not even THOUGH IT DOES NOT SAY that the discount cannot be used with the coupon and vice versa.

The mark up on the dryer is such that deep discounts can be given and they make more then their required margin. So I won't be shopping at Lowe's any longer.

@Caseyd6

It may have been in the fine print on the coupon or in the terms of your credit card, but I will agree that the cashier should have said something. Most stores will say, "You can either use your Lowe's card and get 5% off, or you can pay a different way and use the coupon, which is more to your benefit."

Keep in mind that, at least by me, since they are literally across the street from each other, Lowe's and Home Depot will accept each other's coupons. So Lowe's should not have kept your coupon if they only gave you the 5% discount for using their card and disallowed use of the coupon - then you could at least go use it at Home Depot.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Advertisement
Loss

Lowes review: Taskforce TF1600 power washer is garbage !

It happened this morning. I start to power wash the side of my house and the power washer does not work. I only used it two times prior to this and it was well taken care of. The motor does not fire up and it continually trips the breaker on the plug . I am not even going to try to call the manufacturer on this based on the response others have had with the same issue. Basically, From now on I will just go to Home Depot . Maybe they care more about what they sell to people . Lowes ?....YOU'RE OUT !...And I'm out 150 dollars !

Don't buy this product. Used rarely over two years, stored properly, dragged it out today.

No pressure.

WTF. What I get for going Task Force.

OH YEAH, same here. TWO TIMES!

First the GFI plug

played out....ordered a new one. Ran it for 20 minutes and the HOSE EXPLODED.

By the time I order the hose and add the price of the plug...I could have bought another one, but I WOULD NOT! TOTAL JUNK!

I bought a paper towel holder and it worked great for about a month. Then it totally fell apart and I blame Lowes for it.

Because of my paper towel holder incident, I will be shopping at Home Depot as well. Lol. Funny.

If you are not going to do anything about it, why are you complaining. You bought the cheapest product, what did you expect!!

@???

What does it matter if it costs a dollar or a hundred dollars??? You got money to throw away like an *** then toss it this way!

Home Depot has a great return policy.

Taskforce, aka Trashforce is junk. Do your homework before you buy.

Your problem is buying cheap pieces of garbage from big box stores! Shop local and dont waste your money on an electric pressurewasher.

Water and electric? Sounds smart, right?

Alyah

wow !..you're a genius !

Yes, a genius! Wow!

Water and electric! Who would have known??? I'm going to sell all my vehicles RIGHT NOW! GAS and electric!

even worse!!! Derrrrrrrrr.

View more comments (8)

Lowes review in Greensboro, North Carolina: Wrong paint color for two rooms

Painted a child's room. The color is a light pink. Ran out of paint with the second coat, so had to go to Lowes to get the same color just for another gallon, to do the second coat. Paint the room, and we wait for it to dry. Take the wallpaper off the walls in the kitchen. We get green paint to cover up where the wallpaper was (went to Lowe again). Paint and wait for it to dry. Go back and check both the child's room and the kitchen are screwed up. Both times Lowes screwed up. Never going for paint there again. Best part it was the same lady who filled both paint cans.

Same thing here...got second gallon one day later and it was totally a different color. Blue undertone not tan.

Pissed! Re-taped and repainted everything and I had to re-hvlp an entire wall. The return person almost didn't give me a refund on the $27 paint when it was going to cost me $20 in materials and two days of my time to redo.

Loews machinescant make two consistent cans of paint. AVOID

now if you used your my lowes card. we would be able to mix the same color to match.

drop by and sign up today. never stop improving

You should have brought something painted with the original color. Usually it is a good idea to keep the stirrer so they can color match it.

Otherwise, the paint can be a little different but covering the wall with a second coat should have prevented any of the original color showing through. They will give you your money back if you show them the problem.

View more comments (2)