Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

LOWES Farmingdale NY

Sent this to Lowes and Lowes Corporate. Lets see if a get a response...EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED. Lost a great portion of my home in Island Park NY to the flood/hurricane Sandy. Needed a washer/dryer. Went to Farmingdale Black Friday. Nothing I picked was in stock. Was able to get washer and 2 pedestals from the Bayshore store ( on the phone while in Farmingdale location) dryer gas set up and warrantys purchased from Farmingdale. Delivery was today 12/4/12. Washer and pedastals came without a problem. Delivery manager from Farmingdale called 5 hrs before delivery to tell me my new dryer was damaged. He would have an associate call to arrange for another dryer/delivery date. No call after 3 hrs so I called. She told me none in stock she will refund me. Unacceptable! I bought a set and that's what I want. She told me Garden City store had one but she couldn't call because she "would be on hold forever" and didn't have time she will call me back. No call back 4 hrs later. Wife calls to the store manager at 5pm. She intimidates yells and insults my wife by putting the phone DOWN while my wife is talking. Will not accept responsibility for associate behavior. Would not place the call to garden city while my wife waited in hold. Told my wife there are too many customers in the store and she needed to help them. After spending 3000 in your stores this is the way your employees are handling customers that have been living in a devastation for the past month? I am shocked you allow people like this to represent you! Shame Shame!!
Loss

Lowes customer service was truly customer friendly.

I posted a complaint about my samsung refrigerator in June. It has broken down for various reasons 5 times since I purchased it in 2009. Samsung was absolutely of no help. I did have an extended warranty which I purchased from Lowes at the same time we purchased the HORRIBLE refrigerator. They did send a repairman each time(sometimes it took weeks to get part and complete repair). The last straw was my last breakdown at Thanksgiving. I contacted Lowes customer service and low and behold they were very receptive to my problem and returned my purchase price. As far as future purchases we will be sure to use Lowes because of their product back up.

Lowes in Helotes, Texas - Lowe's Hardware

I took four light pendants I had bought at Lowe's to see if I could return them. I did not have the receipt, so I was aware that they may refuse to allow me to return them. But, since the total cost was over $100 I thought it would not hurt to ask. When I got to the return desk, I explained that I did not have the receipt, and I would understand if they could not accept them. They said they would look for the item number, and I may be able to return them. They could not find others like them as they get new styles often, so the attendant asked me to go look on the shelves to see what they were called so he could search online. When I returned, I noticed one was broken. The attendant told me he did not do it. He said he heard a clink and looked over and saw a large chip had miraculously fallen off by itself. He said he would work hard on getting me some kind of return since this happened. After an hour if him talking to different employees, a manager finally came to me and said there was nothing she could do. I said I understood I could not get a refund for 3 of them, but they should compensate me, no matter how little, for breaking one of them. She said there was nothing she could do. Seriously?!!!

Lowes in Englewood, New Jersey - Unethical practice for revenue increase

Lowe's, a large credit card service (working through GE) does not allow customers to pay in advance through any type of recurring payment or automatic payment method. This is done to increase revenue. Lowes does not allow online automatic or even allow one to submit recurring payments through a bank through ebills. As they accept online payments, they have all the information needed and the capability to allow the scheduling of automatic payments but refuse to do so. This increases revenue through late fees and interest also charged on deferred-interest promotional periods. This is disgusting, unethical business practice.
tiredofU

How does this cause you to incur late fees? Pay your bill on time thru the pay or the website.

Don't blame them, blame yourself.

You can pay thru your checking account directly and not have them draft it. If they accept online payments, then pay online!

@tiredofU

I agree with author. I travel so much that I have all my credit cards on auto pay.

I thought I had set up Lowes as well and I incurred a late fee and interest.

I was pissed that you can't set up on autopay. This is a revenue increasing tactic pure and simple ripoff.

That's ridiculous, stealing from innocent people!

Lowe's is using Synchrony Bank and so is TJ Max. Somehow TJ Max offers the recurring payment option, but no where to be found on Lowe's.

Even though if you look at their frequently asked questions, it mentions that you can setup recurring payments, but doesn't tell you how. I spent 30 minute looking through the wholes site and it's nowhere to be found.

Disgusting. xp

I agree. And I think you others are missing the point.

Say 20 years ago one of the largest hardware chains decided not to except MAIL and required it to be hand-delivered to the store to make it more inconvenient and thus get more money. It's the same thing. Yes, when I have everything set up autopay, (about 20 different payments) it's annoying when this one company won't, but the point is the REASONING!!

it's AT LEAST poor customer service. And yes, definately their ethics are called in to question as well...

Complete bogus. They allow all of this when you log into your account online, schedule future payments or enroll in recurring payments!

It's very easy to setup. YOU are trying to do this through a third party, ebills, shouldn't your complaint be with them??

Lowes doesn't issue the card, GE does. Your agreement is with GE credit, not Lowes.

If you don't like the terms of the credit agreement don't use the card. Pay with another form of credit.

sessa

So let get this straight, because the credit card company expects YOU to be responsible and pay your bill on time they're unethical?!? Grow up! If you can't manage your credit card accounts responsibly, you shouldn't have them.

@sessa

I agree. And I think you others are missing the point.

It's common practice now, and as said, they do have the capability. I don't know what the first person is saying that it's bogus, because the don't have the option on the card I have or anyone in my familiy either. Say 20 years ago one of the largest hardware chains decided not to except MAIL and required it to be hand-delivered to the store to make it more inconvenient and thus get more money. It's the same thing.

Yes, when I have everything set up autopay, (about 20 different payments) it's annoying when this one company won't, but the point is the REASONING!! If you want to make a relative comment on the post why don't you all comment to that - what's the REASON in them doing this that is so valid that makes this poster "bogus"! If anything...

sgim43
@sessa

see top (I know you need clarification, so "see top" means look at the comment above, which is a reply to you. That means above, you know, up there ^?

Come on... take your finger... no Sessa, your finger... that's your tit.

Put your tit away for Christs sake!

Now take your finger... and scrooooll to the top...)

sgim43
@sessa

It's good sometimes to see things after a few years to see them in a new light an perspective. Looking at these comment's again I can now say that I was wrong about Sessa, she's wasn't slow or dumb...

she was and likely still is absolutely *** moronically retarded and one of the most dense individuals I've ever interacted with on here! Ignorant presumptiveness seems to be exceedingly common with these dimwits with anything that has to do with money, creating false narratives while completely ignoring any of the actual context.

This is seriously a trait of those with low intelligence. I feel a little bad now, because it's likely she's handicapped, probably sitting in a chair drooling right now!

View more comments (10)

Lowes Troy-built mower tried to screw me 3 times and counting

Bought a Troy-built zero turn mower at the lowes in shelbyville Ky on 8-9-12 they tried to charge me $200.00 more than the tag attached to the mower. They claimed that the price was $2,799.00 not $2,599.00. After telling them they have it out front for $2599.00 and waiting 10-15 min for someone to go outside twice and bring the sign in they sold it to me for the $2599.00. They tried to sell me a two year warranty and when I asked how long the MFG warranty was they told me "1 year" and this warranty would make it two years. (Remember that point). I declined the warranty and took the mower home. With the dry hot weather I only used it 3 times until end of Oct. While mowing end of Oct the drive belt fell off twice and I put it back on and finished mowing. The next time I mowed Nov. it came off again and while putting it back on I noticed that the Cheap soft plastic cooling fan blades had been hitting the belt and melted the tips of the fan into hook shapes that pulled the belt off ever time you start the mower. Took it in to Lowes and explained the problem to them and they agreed that it was probably a MFG issue but I would have to pay the first $210 dollars of the repair. I asked them what kind of warranty this mower had and they told me a 1 year defect for the second time. Told them to fix it but would not be paying them for the work and called the 1-888-77lowes number and explained the issue to them. They assured me that this was not the case and would resolve it for me. Before leaving the store on 11-10-12. I asked about how long it would take to get it back and they told me about a week. Even I didn't think it would happen. I called to check on it on 11-15-12 and I was told that it would not be ready until Thursday the 22nd and someone would call when it was ready. I didn't think of it at the time but that was Thanksgiving day. Guess I was just being put off by someone to lazy to actually check on it. After waiting another two weeks 12-1-12 I had enough and went to the store and checked on it. After 10 Min's of waiting the Customer service teenager told me it was not back yet and someone would call me when it was ready. "No, I want my money refunded and get the store manager for me" With a snotty attitude she told me "She's the one who told me to tell you that". Again I told her "Get your store manager I want a refund." After a few more Min's a woman comes to the desk and starts to tell me that it was not ready. I asked her if she was the store manager and she replied "No I'm a Manager" again asked for the store manager. Five more Min's and I get The store manager. After explaining all of this to him and the fact the mower has a two year warranty not a one year warranty as I had been told 2 times. I have had my fill of the lies, attempts to cheat me out of money and the laziness of his employees to even check if it was ready. I explained at this point I only want my money refunded in full and not as any type of in-store credit. His response was I can't do anything until I find out if it is actually a Warranty issue. And If it was I would get it refunded on Monday. For some reason I don't think its going to be that easy. Any takers on this. I bet I'm back on here posting how they are giving me more BS.

There's so much fail in this post that I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, the one year warranty is through Troy Bilt, NOT Lowe's. By bringing it there you essentially are going to pay for a third party company to fix it. Lowes doesn't fix it. You should have called Troy Bilt ad they would have fixed everything for you.

And second, your entire tone is just so condescending, although, ironically, you come off like a complete *** and ***. You realize that if you go into these types of situations with a more positive attitude you'll get better results, right? You probably went in there screaming like a lunatic. If you went in there calmly, they would have been much more helpful, guaranteed. You sound older, but it seems you still haven't learned the basic rules of human interaction and grace under fire.

Loss

Lowest price is false advertising on tv

Recently checked Lowes price for Nova Brik siding to do some additional work with this product from 2010. They closed local store so store is 60 miles away, the items total twice the price of Menards that is only 30 miles away. No wonder they give 5% credit card discount. Bought nova brik from them in 2010 before they closed. This is special order non returnable building materials. Will buy at Menards! At least Menards has rebates or sales on the items. Lowes does not. We are talking several thousands of dollars here not just a few cents difference on some appliance.

Lowes in Northwood, New Hampshire - Lowe's, worst customer service EVER

I shop online frequently and Lowes.com is by far the worst company I've ever dealt with. I've shopped in store frequently, and after my experience dealing with them online I will NEVER shop at Lowes again, online or in store. I ordered a large clock, it was damaged in transit and sent back to the shipper. They never notified me. I had to call them after a couple days to find out what happened, at which time I was told by the store it was shipped from the clock was damaged, they had no others in inventory, would never have any more, and they were going to refund me. After 3 calls to customer care I learned otherwise, they located another clock in a local store, but they couldn't send it to me without me having to buy it a 2nd time, since it was now coming from another store.. So I paid for the item they damaged twice, had to pick it up myself, and they said they would refund the first. After another 4 days I was still not refunded, I emailed customer care.. No response. I called and was told they refunded it to my discover card. I told them I don't have a discover card, so they had to look into it and get back to me. They did not get back to me. It took another email (not answered) and 3 more phone calls before someone finally was able to tell me the card I purchased it on and claim they have NOW refunded it. I am yet to see that refund, and am not holding my breath. Through all of this, with 2 unanswered emails to customer care, and 6 phone calls (all initiated by me, because they will never call you) not once has anyone felt an apology was necessary.

Lowes - wrong paint

I wanted to paint my garage doors and Lowes advised and sold the wrong paint so the paint peeled off. I paid the painter $20 an hour to paint the doors and now I have to pay him $20 an hour to remove the paint and then re-paint with the correct paint. I hate the fact that the so called expert paint guy at Lowes sells me the wrong paint and now I must suffer the humiliation of having two garage doors that look terrible until I can strip the wrong paint and re-paint. I complained to Lowes with no response or apology.
#582015

Your painter isn't a painter because he should know the products he is using as well as the application process.

First of all, I paint for a living and charge more than $20 an hour. I get my paint from numerous paint retailers and I have to say Lowes is one of my favorite places.

There Valspar and Olympic paints are superb. The main thing when painting is the prep. If your painter did not prep correctly than of couse your paint will peel. But what do you expect from someone you probley picked up from outside there parking lot.

Even with *** paint if the prep is done right it will not peel for a few months. I can't believe they diden't try to make things right even if it was your fault. I found out that the employees get bonuses for excellent customer service. They're one of the few places still around that go by the old statment,"The Customer is always right".

Even when there wrong. So I strongly suggest next time hire a Professional Painter and stop being so cheap!

You say you hired a "painter" to paint the doors. Your first problem is you didn't hire a professional painter.

If you had he would have charged more than $20.00 an hour.

He also would have known if the paint you gave him was the proper paint to use on the doosr. Do you even know that he prepared the doors properly and the paint didn't peel off because of the lack of preparation?

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Somerset, Kentucky - Lowe's Building Incompetence Together

Saturday November 24th 2012, my 30" Frigidaire Range failed, at 8:00 AM, it was 10 years old and was in need of replacement anyway. I visited my local Lowe's in Corbin, Kentucky to purchase a new range. Problem #1: 30 minute wait before any customer service rep acknowledged our presence. Problem #2: The CSR who showed up, could not actually enter our order into the computer without assistance from a CSR in another department. Problem #3: Asked and was told on three separate instances that it would be delivered and installed on Tuesday or Wednesday November 27th or 28th, and that they would call before delivery. Problem #4: No mention of buying an installation "kit", which is required if they install the range. Problem #5: Was asked during check out, if I wanted an extended warranty coverage plan, which I declined, was asked if this was to be delivered, which I restated that it did need to be delivered, as it would not fit in my car. Problem #6: Stopped by Lowe's this afternoon to check the status on my Range. Was told it was sold to me as a "carry-away", and wasn't scheduled for delivery. Problem #7: Was told the range had to be ordered, and would not arrive in the store until November 29th. Problem #8: Was told that the earliest it could be delivered was Friday November 30th, while both my wife and I will be working. Problem #9: Was informed that I was not charged for an "installation kit", and that the installer would not be able to reuse my existing connection cable to install the new range. I refused to buy a new cord, and declined their installation service. I run a retail business, and if I were to allow this level of incompetence among my employees it would quickly put me out of business. I'm not saying I never have any problems with unsatisfied customers, however, all of my employees are capable of providing a level of customer service that causes even my unsatisfied customers to leave happy, and return. My expectations of these "big box" stores are not excessively high, but this is not the first time I've had this experience at Lowe's.

Lowes Online Purchase/In Store Pick-Up

I ordered an outdoor fire pit on Cyber Monday from Lowes & selected the In-Store pick-up option. The only store left where it was available was 30 mins away. I received an Order Processed & item ready in 20 mins email after my purchase. I used my lunch hour to go pick it up today & was told that they did not have it in stock & someone should have called me. I'm irate that I just wasted an hour & 30 miles of gas. I'll never buy from them again. Their loss since I am in process of renovating my house!