Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes food loss

I have been dealing with Lowes for over 1 year just to get the refrigerator replaced and get my food losses I have had them replace three of the same refrigerator during the warranty period. It is now a year and a half and they have tried everything in their power not to pay us what they owe. I have all my receipts and all of the correspondence with them over the time. It has taken two Better Business Bureau complaints to get them off of their arses just to do what is right. So no matter what keep all your paperwork file a BBB complaint in North Carolina online and make them give you what they owe you. They want to make it hard so you will not file and then they keep their money or should I say your money. If you file it in North Carolina the executive staff will get involved. I hope this helps. DON'T GIVE UP MAKE THEM HONOR THEIR WARRANTIES!

Warranties come from manufacturers, not retail stores.

@Anonymous

give it up! It says right on the warrantee for a refrigerator from Lowe's that it covers the cost of damaged food! If you don't know what your talking about, don't talk about it!!!!

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Bad Combo

Purchased a stove and above stove microwave, microwave handled twice now has melted due to heat from stove, store basically told me to sue them. Seems Lowes is not in any way expert in any thing and expects customers to be expert. They recommended, sold and installed combo of stove and microwave and found out they were wrong to do so with that high of BTU on front right burner. So instead of offering to help a customer and keep a customer they would rather lose a customer and a possible law suit, wonder if lowes is going broke and does not care any more. Shades of Enron

Lowes survey

I like others could not find the Lowes survey; so I went to Lowes.com official website and under the search column I typed in survey. This will take you right to the survey and answer all prompts. Just to let others in the know. Answer all questions for the survey; all information is there on the reciept plus the prompt shows you where it is located. I have had excellent luck in the Lowes store in Camden Delaware and I continue to go there foe all my home building needs. People are always there to lend a helpng hand or suggestions. Thank you.
Review

Lowes did not get table as manager stated.

On November 18, 10:40am I ordered and paid for an 8 ft Rectangle Folding table #179826 at Lowes in LosLunas, NM. Was told table would be transfered from Albuquerque Store on Paseo Del Norte. After speaking to two associates and the manager, SAL , for a total of three times I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED THE TABLE. SAL THE MANAGER WAS GOING TO CHECK ON TABLE AND ADVISE ME WHEN TABLE WOULD BE AVAILABLE. AS OF THIS DATE AND TIME NO PHONE CALL. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE AT THE LOS LUNAS STORE AS TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. NEED A RESPONSE

Consumers have no idea how many people we interact with everyday as retail workers. They have this false sense that they are the only ones that we have to help, and in all reality, the phone really is the most annoying thing for us.

Don't call me, come in and talk to me.

Get in line with everyone else and I will give you the undivided attention you deserve. If you call me and expect me to get back to you with the 500 other people I talk to and deal with in a day, the chance is 50/50.

Review

Lowes has got lazy and mean

i called Lowe's and got some drywall and lumber delivered and they said that they would put it in the garage and it would be late in the afternoon. we came home today and the drive way was full of drywall and lumber well about 3 years it would not be a problem but now i can't walk . i called Lowe's and ask them to move it for me and the store give me the stick so now they are picking it back up. how can any one do a cripple man that way. home depot here i came because i think Lowe's hates people in wheelchairs

Why would you not be home for such a large Delivery? I would be there just to make sure everything was on site or at least have someone I know to supervise.

You were not home when the delivery was made. Was the garage unlocked so they could get in?

It doesn't seem quite right that they would agree to put it in the garage which is no more work than putting it in the driveway and not do it unless they couldn't get in the garage. It's always a good idea to be home when you have a delivery made to assure it is correct/

View more comments (1)
$2000

Lowes in Oceanside, California - 7 1/2 months to get a workable shower

I bought a French door shower from Lowe's and it was installed last Dec. 25, the installer hacked it to pieces with rough edges, uneven doors and I could put my hand under the doors. Lowe's ordered me a traditional shower door, that one popped when opening the door and it leaked. Ordered another door and Kohler's sent the wrong size doors. I finally got my shower in July, 7 1/2 moths later. This week one of the door guide was loose and I discovered that the bolt threads were stripped and the installer had glued it with silicone. I also bought a microwave from Lowe's a couple of years ago and discovered 2 months later that the installer only bolted one side so it was hanging down 1/2 inch. Don't ever let Lowe's install anything.
RetailCop

You realize that humans work for Lowe's, right? Nobody is perfect.

Grow up! Have you called to see if the installer could come back out??

Probably not. I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

Review

Lowes in Fort Myers, Florida - Why is it so hard to get my military discount?

When I ask for my military discount at lowes the cashier has to get a supervisor to ok it. On a recent trip the cashier asked me to give her my ID card then took off to find a supervisor. Five minutes later she returned, with a long line of unhappy customers forming behind me. I do not understand why they don't give her authority to do this herself. When I go to Home Depot the cashier can and does approve It with NO hassle! Its like they don't want to give You the discount at Lowes. I will not shop there anymore, it's worth the hassle! Go to Home Depot where they appreciate veterans!

The problem is, that people are abusing the Military Discount. Giving their card to friends, come in with photo copies or laminated copies.

This discount is a reward to those that served, but should not be a bonus for someone posing as a veteran.

A cashier is many times told to ask a manager to verify a military card. They are just following procedure.

You ever think they're preventing random people from getting a military discount. You give the cashiers permission to give it then they can give it to anyone. When enough of them do that one of two things can happen either stores will start doing what Lowes is (you need approval) or they simply get rid of it.

@Some1

The cashiers do check my ID at Home Depot and are authorized to approve it. Seems to me Lowes does not trust their cashiers.

Cashiers at grocery stores have to check ID for alcohol and tobacco, it's not rocket science. It just seems counterproductive to have to hold up a line to get a discount approved.

Not fair to the customer or the other customers waiting in line. By the way, the supervisor rarely looks at the ID , usually just swipes his card to approve it.

RetailCop

Go to HD...nobody really cares!!! Send me your receipt and I'll mail you the $1.30 you would have saved. I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving the retail associates.

@RetailCop

Lowes is BS same thing happened to me. Apparently they do not really care about the military discount and it is just bogus PR or the employees are anti military.

Either way you are correct give your business to some other retailer. Better yet seek out an independently owned hardware pay the extra money to them.

The best way to get results is not to patronize the business.

@Anti retail cop

I work customer service for lowes and hearing this all for kind of bs is absolutely infuriating. You have the balls to say that the employees are anti military.

Really??? Did it ever occur to you that the military discount is a privilege, not a right. We dont have to offer it, especially to unappreciative people like yourself. I'm all for giving this discount to people who serve our country, however when you start making accusations about the employees, it makes me reconsider my position on the matter.

We are just following protocol, something a military man like yourself should easily comprehend. If you dont like it, than I gladly invite you to *** off and shop else where.

@Anti retail cop

I would love to see you tell the 6'4" former Marine cashier at our store that had his throat slit by some real anti military folks when he was captured that he doesn't care about the military.

@Front Line

If you had a 6'4" former Marine working there he would probably be wanting to rip all the liberal, military hating, managers heads off. But he would have one thing they could never have, nor understand.It's one simple word that all the Military men and women that donated their lives, so the ungrateful worms could exploit the very freedoms they did not earn, nor deserve .Honor.

@Front Line

View more comments (8)
Review

Lowes in Baltimore, Maryland - Incomplete product sold,Bad Customer Service.

I had the worst experience at Lowes. On Nov 11, 2012 I bought a PELLA door assembly with decorative glass and later found even though their computer did show a Rustic door handle but they could not find one. I was told they will get me one from another store on Wednesday Nov 14. on Nov 14 evening I called and no one could find the Door handle assembly. Their Customer service promised me it must be her somewhere and after tomorrow any time you can come and pickup. I took off on Nov 18 to pickup the Door handle and still no one had any clue. They even blamed me for not coming and picking up on the appointed day Wednesday. They also told me that since I did not come on Wednesday the item got sold. When I told them i had called on Wednesday Nov 14 and item could not be found and also how can you resell a item which I already paid for. I then asked for the Manager who did not have the decency to come up front to solve the issue and in turn sent a message saying he will order another Door Handle and it may come on Wednesday (which is their IBS day, whatever it means) and since Thursday is Thanksgivings check with Lowe's on Friday. When I told them I have already taken off on Wednesday and Sunday and Thursday being a Holiday I still could fix it only if they could get it by Wednesday. The item is available in 020 mile radius and I know for sure it it had happened at Home Depot they would have got the item delivered to my home and would have even offered to install it free for me considering my handicap knee. I am not going to them ever again. I feel sorry for their suppliers who are losing business at the mercy of incompetent Managers and bad Customer Service.
RetailCop

If I could vote for *** more than once, I would. If it's that important why don't you drive 20 minutes to get it??

It's not like you have anything else to do, other than *** about petty complications. Life happens sometimes!! The manager was probably consumed with relevant business matters. I'm sure HD can't wait for a customer like you!!!

One more self entitled consumer!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

Loss

Lowes free next day delivery is a lie.

Their website as well as the signs above the appliances says free next day delivery. When I asked the sales person he said it takes at least a week because they are busy. I asked why everything, including the dryer I was looking at, had a sign saying next day his reply was talk to the manager I only work here and then walked away. I was in no way rude about it but feel he was. This seems like false advertizing to me. I drove 10 miles because it said I'd get it faster than my local Home Depot. They were much nicer and more helpfull and are delivering 2 days faster than Lowes. I will never walk into one of their stores again.
RetailCop

Have you ever not had time to get to everything you wish to do?? Think before you post something so petty and ***!

I'm sure HD can't wait for a customer like you.

One more self entiltled customer!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

Tags
  • sales person

Lowes in Aliso Viejo, California - Don't Use Lowe's - Bad Customer Service

I ordered some tile for a wall from Lowe's and was promised that it would be only a few days to get sinice it was in stock and was coming from northern california. WRONG! I got the run around and was literally lied to. They said it came in and was scheduled for delivery the next day. I had contractors waiting to install this and was holding them up. Called the store many times and left my name and number. No one called me back. This big box store give HORRIBLE customer service. Would never use them again. Shame on Lowe's. I guess they figure since they are so big, they don't have to try.
RetailCop

Would you rather them deliver it with damage!? Could it be your refrigerator is special order??

You do realize they don't produce any items at the store level, right?

What would you expect them to say?? Hello, Glenn ummm...your refrigerator isn't here.

Don't you hate it when they are so friendly and cooperative in the store when you buy, but after sale the items you bought are somehow damaged and no one calls you with updates of your deliver status for two weeks or longer? I ordered a refrigerator and dishwasher and on my delivery day the driver called to say he noticed the refrigerator had damage to the bottom, which he said really could be a problem "but do you still want us to deliver it"?

Duh. I told him no and take back the dishwasher with it.

Two weeks later and no followup call from Lowe's. Will have to make the forty minute drive and find out what's up with my completely paid for order.

@Glenn

..and not to single out Lowe's as Home Depot is every bit as problematic in delivery and customer service. Actually the Lowe's employees IN THE STORE have been helpful and professional.

The Jury

Is it in stock or not? Life is not perfect.

If you have a bad experience at a grocery store do you stop eating? I think not.

RetailCop

I'm confused!! The product was "in stock" but it had to be shipped??

I don't get the rest of the complaint either.

Just another self entitled consumer. I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates!!

View more comments (4)