Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - 12945 Atlantic Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL

When they say it's a "do it yourself" store, they really mean...do it yourself. Calling in and asking for quotes, assistance or advice is hopeless, you'll be transferred EVERYWHERE. When stopping by for a visit the people at the store make you feel like you're wasting their time. Even the large black bouncer assigned to greet and assist in your returned items at the front of the store becomes frustrated when it appears you're going to make work for them, "...ah nah dawg, wut chu waunt? wut chu waunt? Ho dup, ho dup, no no shoo, we don doo dat!" I always encourage people to "test drive" and see for yourself, give them a call (904) 486-4701 or stop by, you'll see what I mean.

As you said, Lowe's is a DIY (Do It Yourself) store.

Unfortunately, Lowe's has tried to accomodate customers to a point where something has to fail. You cannot wait on people who got up off their *** and drove to a store to "shop" and some lazy *** that wants to call asking you to describe an item over the phone with questions like "How does it feel?" "How blue is it?" "Does it look contemporary?"

While an employee is surrounded by more customers than he/she can work with at any given time, and someone is on the phone, you have to encourage the customer to come into the store. Either the phone customer gets all their attention and the 10 in-person fail to get assistance.

Also, good luck with your elitest attitude....

RetailCop

One more self entitled racist!! I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving retail associates!!

I would address a specific problem if you stated one. All I get from your post is this: Blah blah blah....I'm an unhappy racist.

Lowes Tuscaloosa AL Manager is Rude

We purchased a box of sale flooring needing one more box and were told by salesman that other Lowes had to honor sales price. They told us to call manager at Tuscaloosa, AL Lowes, close to us, and gave us the person's name and phone number. It took nearly 2 weeks of calling to finally get the man on the phone. He never attempted to returned one of our 6 messages left. We went by after work and he was never in. The flooring sold out. His response was "you could have talked to one of the other managers", and "you are welcome to purchase the flooring in another city at full price plus shipping charges." First, Lowes ---- not everyone knows you have more than one store manager!!! Second --- it is really rude to not return customer phone calls and messages. Lowes - if you are serious about customer service, not wanting to *** off customers, don't hire people like this, and make them a manager!!! Signed, pissed off customer.

Retail Cops Suck just like Fun Cops!

RetailCop

I'll tell Lowe's that you are looking for him and you are upset because YOU weren't prepared for YOUR project. Why does everybody think a manager gives two f@%^$ about your "problem"?

What did you expect him to do? Let me guess....Pay a driver to go get the product. Also, you expected him to pay for the diesel for a truck that might get 8 mpg!! I know, I know...you spend thousands of dollars with Lowe's so this should be done for you.

One more self entitled consumer!!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

@RetailCop

Lol, new someone would sound off revealing themselves as a ***. The manager at this location is horrible and rude.

Its why I took my business to home depot. And I do about $22000 a month as a GC!

Service
Lowes Manager
Tags
  • shipping charges

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Patio Pavers washers and dryers

We bought 1800.00 worth of pavers , Some were damaged, Lowes would not pay for what was left over Beware,BEWARE BEWARE Don't Buy From Lowes Regardless of what they tell you when you are buying It's not what they will do This was within a 4 month time limit In KINGSTON MA. ALSO BOUGHT A SET OF FRONT LOAD WASHER AND DRYER WITH A 5 YR WARRANTY IN 3 MONTHS THE WASHER STOPED WORKING THEY SENT OUT REPAIRMAN THE REPAIRMAN SAID IT HAD OVER 1200.00 IN PART TO BE REPLACED WE TRIED TO GET LOWES TO REPLACE IT ,,AFTER THREE MONTHS AND A COMPLAINT TO BBB THEY REPLACED IT
RetailCop

So what's the complaint?? You ripped them off for a new washer.

You got what you broke for free!!

I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving retail associates!!

@RetailCop

Are you kidding me! After 3 months and a complaint to BBB they finally get their washer????

Do you know what its like to got without a washer for that long? I do, I have been out of one for a month with a similar situation. The customer did not rip off anyone, Lowes did! They sell junk products and don't stand behind their warrantees!

Why in God's name do you think there are over 1,100 complaints on this site? Lowe's is ripping people off and we are getting Pissed off!!

@RetailCop

get a job ...no one got anything for free ..They finally made up for the washer after months of bbb without them i still would not have a washer

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Chillicothe, Missouri - HANDED ME A wad of bills and change

I MADE A PURCHASE IN LOWE'S. I CHOSE TO PAY CASH. VERY IRRITATED TO RECEIVE A HAND FULL OF CURRENCY AND COINS WITH A STATEMENT OF "HERE'S YOUR CHANGE". I COMMENED THAT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE CHANGE COUNTED BACK , ALL I RECEIVED WAS A COOL STARE. IF CASH CUSTOMERS ARE A THING OF THE PAST AT LOWE'S, I PROBABLY WILL SHOP SOMEWHERE THAT STILL VALUES CUSTOMER COURTESY AND THE AMERICAN CURRENCY. A SUPERVISOR WAS DIRCTLY BEHIND US IN THE CHECKOUT LINE. THAT SUPERVISOR OBSERVED THE ENTIRE TRANSACTION, BUT MADE NO COMMENT TO EMPLOYEE OR THIS CUSTOMER.

of course you whined about not having change counted back. You probably have a "problem" with something and anything every where you go. BYE, go shop somewhere else, I love hearing that so I know I wont have to deal with YOU again :)

RetailCop

First of all....The CAPS LOCK is located to the left of the "a". I know your type.

Your the 70 - 80 yr old male, that loves to be pissed off.

What did you expect the clerk to say?? Grow up!!

nikalseyn

Do what I do. When the *** hands you a wad of bills and change, verrrry slowly count it out to ensure you received the correct amount.

This holds up the line. If you detect impatience from the cashier or customer behind you, just state that "if my change was counted out to me properly, I wouldn't have to delay everyone." But, you must remember that most of the cashiers are a product of public schools and thus almost completely ignorant of math and how to make change without a machine.

It's because no one knows how to count back change anymore... It's not that they are too lazy, they are just too ***!!!

Education/intelligence has NOTHING to do with being able to count back change. The reason why people don't count back change is because they're not taught to.

You can teach a monkey to count back change. Blaming education or the current generation's intelligence is extremely ignorant.

Around here, some do count your change back. At least those with an education.

Todays society relies on electronic gadgets to get them by in life.

Anything, such as counting money, puts the "fear of death" look into their eyes. Education is not what was years ago, but a "dumber America is a better America" is the norm these days.

I haven't had change actually counted back to me for years. Basically since the cash register figured out the amount of change a person had coming.

I worked in fast food, back in the late nineties and I was the only employee that did that. I always kind of figured I was the only employee that was old enough to know how to do that.

The thing that annoys me in any store is when I write out a check and the cashier looks at it, then thanks me using my first name. I am 72 years old and don't consider it polite for people young enough to be my grandkids to be calling me, a complete stranger, by my first name.

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes refuses to fix recalled item

I purchased a bathroom heater/fan from Lowes in Nacogdoches, Texas. I had a contractor install it. In September I received word that it had been recalled. I went to heaterfanrecall.com and filled out the necessary information including the date code. It was a defective item and a new heater/fan was sent to me on September 24, 2012. A day or two later A & E Factory Services called to say they were contracted to send a tech to install the new heater/fan. Date and time was set and no one ever showed up. This has happened four times. October 30, 2012 I got a call from A & E Factory Service that a tech would be at my house on Wednesday, October 31 between 8:00 AM and Noon. No one showed up. I called A & E and they forwarded my call to a supervior who nevered answered--the phone just rang. I call again and the same thing happened. I called again and I was told that the tech would call me in the next 30-40 minutes. About an hour latter I got a robo call from A & E saying my scheduled time had been cancelled and I should call and reschedule. I called and was told they could not reschedule and that sometime in the future they would call me back. I called Delta Products and received an answering machine message that said I could leave my name and number. No one has ever called me back. I blame most of all Lowes for selling this product and not standing behind it and seeing that dangerous products are replaced. I can't do much about it except buy another heater/fan and hire an electrician to wire it in. I have always gone to Lowes but have now crossed it off my list of favorite places to shop. Here I come Home Depot!
#582037

Number 1. You said "It was a defective item and a new heater/fan was sent to me on September 24, 2012." You already have the new one so file a complaint against A & E Factory Service and Delta Products with the BBB.

Lowes is faultless here.

You know it is pretty likely Home Depot sold the same unit too.

RetailCop

I'm sure Home Depot can't wait for a customer like you!! You think logically and never place undeserved blame!!

I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving retail associates.

I'm sure if you took the product back to the store they would refund the item for you no questions asked. I mean if it is recalled they are going to get full credit for the item from the manufacturer(where the blame lies).

As for the cost of installing the item? Since Lowes did not install the item, how exactly is it their responsibility? Where is your logic?

Good luck with Depot, wait until you have a problem with one of their products. ROFL!

You as a consumer need to learn that the retailer of a product isn't to blame if something happens to it. The manufacturer is responsible.

YOU are placing the blame in the wrong place. I assume your complaint is with Delta Products. You should try contacting them again. Perhaps they have tried contacting you but you weren't home.

Maybe they didn't get your complete phone number or couldn't make out the number on the recording. You're the type of person who would blame the post office if the IRS audited you just because they delivered the letter.

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Hardwood flooring for 2000sq feet ok not just a small amount, spent about $5000 for this

Let me just start with this, i bought a home and prior to movieng in i decided to get some floors put in through out the house plus new doors new bathroom sinks and things like that i mean i end up spending about $10.000 thausend at lowes alone And here it goes they came to install a 2000sq feet of flooring, that i had isue's with couple of week later and i called them and they send back the installer and he fixed a lil spot wher tje flooring was bad Couple of weeks later through out the whoole house it started to do that same problem I called them again and again and again that finaly caled me back well one of the guys quit, then they said will call u back we r gona send the bad ones that they got from my house to the company and c why is this happening They didnt call me back for weeks, so i called i said what happen they said the other guy who was supose to sent the stuff to the company quit as well and they no longer have the flooring pices to sent back to the company. Well we are gonna send an independet person to come and look at the floor and c whay its happening, and we are talking about this for about 4-5 months ok They send the person and she comes in and the company (armstrong) calles me after couple of weeks and says sorry but its not are problem, u have to talk to a lowes store that u bought the floor from and on and on and on and the store still telling me that im working on it and its ben 7-8 months already and lowes or armstrong or no one is willing to do anything about this Go and figure. But my only choice is to het a lawyer and go after booth of them
RetailCop

Are you sure your time frame isn't skewed?? I know you want to go after booth of them, but I would wait and seeee what happens.

They booth have more money than you. I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

#582040
@RetailCop

How muck is Lowes paying you to cover their massive screw ups? Some of what you say is silly.

Loss

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Lowe's Home Improvement sells you as is product and don't tell you

I brought a grill, and was told will order a new one and have it assemble for free, had to wait a few days as it needs to order one to have it come in and have the person comes in one day a week to do the assembly, not until a few days later when i am ready to have the grill set up and situated, and l see a price tag at the same spot as the one on the floor display i saw in the store, and look, it has the same scratch I saw on the floor model... guess what, it is the one on the floor display, and I return to the store, and the floor display is gone! Very honest practice at Lowe's.
RetailCop

You can't be pleased!! It was probably backordered, since it's a seasonal item and to keep you from being an *** in the store, they sold you the display instead.....Or your full of ***. I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates.

Why do you still buy from Lowes when they keep ripping you off?

Review

Lowes extended warranty and select appliance of Gastonia

Both of the companies in my opinion have very poor customer service. Lowes contracted there extended warranty work to select appliance of Gastonia. They came out to fix our dryer but when they came out they did not have the part. They did not return calls to let us know that they had to order the part and when I finally was able to get information it was because I called Lowes and they upon my request followed up with them. Lowes was unwilling to allow me to switch companies because they said the part was ordered. When they finally scheduled to come out to install the new part they scheduled between 8 and 12 and then never showed up. The office was not open and when I called lowes back all they can do is leave a message with the company. Lowes needs to have better judgement about the companies they use and when these companies do not follow through they need to have a way to contact them even if the office is not open. I could have spent my morning at the laundrymat doing my laundry not waiting for a company that would never show and now I will have to take time off work and hope they show. I will likely not buy anything from lowes again because of this and will defintely not use select appliance of Gastonia ever. Needless to say this dryer is also less than two years old and this is the second time we have had to have service.

No They are definitely out of Business and are closed. They are bankrupt. If you google Them as well as News Channel 9 together you'll see one of the many reasons why.

As of this morning when I spoke to select appliance and TV repair of Gastonia, NC they were still in buisness. Their number is 704-899-5858 if you would like to check it out.

Select appliances went out of business in Oct

Lowes in West Columbia, SC

Poor Customer Services. I talked with Lowes.com and posted follow-up, and still these people can't get it together. I had three items to be deliverd to my home. Gave them my work number to call, because I work 15 minutes from home. They called my home and even my mother in another town an hour away, but would not call the designated number (me at work). I called the store when I never heard from them, was put on hold repeatedly, and hung-up on repeatedly by an assistant mgr. (Becky). She never gave my work number to delivery or the mgr as requested, so the mgr (Tim) left messages for me at home??? My husband called and got the same run-around. We were even told by Becky that she could not take messages for the manager. He then said that his staff would never behave this way...and we are the only people to ever have this issue. This just is irritating and prompts us complaining on line. An apology would be better...take responsibility...train your staff!
RetailCop

Why did they have the other numbers to call? Your story reminds me of Swiss cheese!! I'm just doing my job, protecting and serving retail associates

#582043
@RetailCop

Lowes employee? Every post you have made is on Lowes comments.

Lowes wont price match

I went to lowes with 2 receipts from 2 competitors and no price match on RV antifreeze. They did this before on other items in past but I'm sick of overcharging for products. They want 5 bucks for what others charge 3. Lowes sucks. Support your local hardware store. The worst part is that the customer service lady at the timonium store made me feel like some kind of cheap skate. I went to Walmart they had for 2.97 I went to delta lumber they had for 3$ I brought my receipt and it was not matched. I was purchasing 10 of them so maybe that's why. I am disgusted
RetailCop

I'm just saying what the clerks can't. I'm just doing my job. Protecting and serving the retail world.

Per our price match guarantee. In order for us to match prices of one item to another they items have to be the exact same brand/model/specs.

Sounds like you have a different brand so the policy doesn't apply. However if you came into my store and had a receipt for antifreeze at another location I would match the price just not give the 10% off.

Its called taking care of the customer and most likely we have that type of product marked up 60% do we are still making money. No brainer...sorry you were dealing with idiots.

Heartless and RetailCop - why post just to insult people? This is THIS PERSON'S experience.

Why come along and post nastiness anonymously? Does it make you feel big?

RetailCop, give ME your address and I'll send you some receipts.

Put your money where your obnoxious loud mouth is. I call your bluff, troll.

Send me your receipts and I'll give you the $20.30!! The customer service lady was right!!

#582044
@RetailCop

RetailCop what is your address so I can send you the receipt? I expect you to send me the sales tax refund too.

My store Menards laughs at you people.. BUY IT AT THE OTHER PLACES THEN.

Also, for a price match it has to be exact brand. That could be the problem here.

You come on here and pissed about what? I will say it one more time so you get it BUY IT AT THE PLACES THAT SELL IT FOR LESS!

View more comments (5)