Filter by rating :
filters

Customer service | Lowes review from Concord, California

As I was shopping for garage floor paint I asked Curtis to mix only half the gallon and the other half with a different color. I offered to buy a separate container so it can be done. He refused completely and he mentioned that he is been doing that for years when I asked for a manager he refused to call for one. When I insisted on a manager he said "kiss my A" (well he said the whole word) Lynn his co-worker witnessed this conversation and he ran asking for a manager "David"When David came I was trying to tell what happen, Curtis yelled I'm lying and come around the counter to face me repeating the same sentence again "kiss my A" yes he said the whole word again. He faced me in a manner to attack for a fight. David too him aside and he said you have to go from here now. Lynn was able to do the color mixing without any problems. Sam Elgendy, Pharm. D.
#620762

***

Why didn't you just select a paint color from the 1,000 swatches in the paint department similar or exactly the color you needed?? Really doesn't make much sense and this would of been the least difficult way around your problem. I'm sorry, there is only one "A" in this situation and that's you.

Not believable at all unless you're leaving out a major part of the story. Like the part about you being aggressive and causing them to become hostile. Again not believable Lynn wouldn't have done any of the mixing if her manager said NOT TOO.

View more comments (2)
Tags
  • Sentence

Housewife | Lowes review from Ashley, Pennsylvania

My samsung french door refrigerator broke for the second time. It wasn't cooling properly. The repairman came out and ordered the parts. When the parts came the second repairman took the fridge apart and broke it completely and said they were the wrong parts. He ordered new parts when they came in. He came out again and said they were the wrong parts again. I have been without a fridge for almost a week and lost over $300 in food. It is a big inconvenience with a large family when you shop for 2 weeks at a time and have a baby in the house.

Lowe's doesn't stand behind warranty | Lowes review

Have you ever been to Lowe's and purchased an appliance? Did you notice how everyone is super nice and they give pre-appointment confirmation calls and after-appointment follow-up calls? Well, enjoy it while you can because the service you get after that initial installation is horrific. I'm talking about the service advantage plan sold by Lowe's to cover repair of purchases such as appliances. Please don't waste your money. It isn't cheap anyway. We paid $150+ on a $2000 purchase of a washer and dryer. We thought "Hey, this is a big purchase and an extra 3 years of coverage is well worth it." How wrong we were! Now, I'm not even talking about a major repair -- motor, electrical parts, anything like that. I'm talking about a simple broken seal. The seal that keeps the water in the drum. Somehow, over time, that seal had started splitting and had a pretty large tear in it before we even noticed the water leaking out onto our tile and into our garage. Honestly, when I throw in a load of laundry, I don't do an inspection of the seal -- which is butted up to the front door of the washer and really not something that would jump out at you unless you were looking specifically for a problem. Granted, the tear was quite large when we finally noticed the leak, but we certainly were not at fault. So, I figured "This should be an easy one. They just need to come and replace the seal and we're good to go." I highly doubt that the part is very expensive, but either way, it is covered under warranty. How do I know? I called Lowe's customer service and they told me so. When I was transferred to service advantage, it was not quite so cut and dry. Major runaround! Let me go back a little bit to the actual service call. When I first called Lowe's I got the robocall voice recognition answering. I had to speak clearly to the robot in order for it to register, but I finally got my call logged and my service date set up. No live person for the entire process, mind you. The call was about a week away, so I managed to do laundry at my parents' home (nothing like going back to my college days when I'm in my 40's) and at a laudromat once. I was totally okay with this because there was a light at the end of the tunnel, right? Wrong! First of all, don't expect that pre-appointment confirmation. I was given a 5 hour window of time. When it was 5 minutes before that window began, I called just to make sure they were coming. After all, there had been no attempt to contact me, the actual consumer. So, I called the service company and was told that I was one of the first ones on the list, so it shouldn't be long. Three hours later, in the very window of time when I had asked them to try not to show up (had to pick up my child), the service person arrived. Fortunately, my father was able to come to my home and wait just in case. I'm sure they were very disappointed to find someone there. The service man walked into my laundry room, took a less than 5 minute look at the part, said "I'll have to check with Lowe's about this," and left. Seriously? I had to have a 5 hour window of time for him to come for 5 minutes and do nothing? That is absolutely ridiculously poor customer service in anyone's book. When I arrived home and got the news (about 20 minutes after I had left), I immediately called the service company. I was told that they couldn't reach the driver at all to ask why this had happened. The drivers have computers and they can't use them while driving for safety reasons. I guess they hadn't heard of cell phones and actually receiving messages when stopped for their next service call. Maybe their day ends at 3:30? After all, they really don't do much. I was livid. I explained that this was a legitimate repair and that it was frustrating. I added that I was certain that there were fraudulent cases everyday, but now that they have a legitimate one, they treat a customer badly. The attendant smirkily commented "Fraudulent repairs? I don't know about that now." I added that this was a relatively inexpensive repair and that there should be no reason to question it. Why would any sane person want to waste time getting a new seal on their washer? It's a flipping piece of rubber, for goodness sake. Just live up to your word and repair it!!! Getting nowhere with these jokers, I then called Lowe's service advantage. I explained in a very cool tone that I was ticked off. Again, I was put off. I was told that I would hear from a manager within 3 business days. Are you kidding me? A manager hadn't called by Tuesday (complaint was made on previous Friday). I decided to call again. The attendant I finally reached told me that it is not covered. It is considered accidental damage. There was no accident other than washing laundry. Perhaps a button or some other part of our clothing initiated the tear. According to the attendant, it wouldn't have happened on its own. I'm sorry though because I did not sign a release that I would not wash items with buttons, jeans, etc. in this washer. I was also told that it's not considered mechanical; however, my washer cannot properly function without this. Supposedly there was mold. My house is very clean - usually spotless. If mold happened in the seal, it was due to the tear. It all goes back to the same initial problem and Lowe's wanting to find a loop hole to taking care of the repair. Again DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! Lowe's will find a way out of doing the repair, it appears.

yes 5 weeks and waiting on my 1100.00 dollar ge washer repair via lowes extended plan

Several key factors you're missing... When did you make this purchase??

If you purchased an extended warranty it doesn't start until the manufacturers warranty ends, which is almost always 1-2 years. Also, they're correct if the item has been deemed abused it will not be covered. Another key part you ignore was this Lowes specific repair man or a contracted out service by the manufacture? More than likely the person you are most angry with is the manufacture and not Lowes.....

I could go on for a while on how you're wrong on many levels but you will never get it. You do realize they lose money to send someone out to your place for a 10 dollar or less repair to do nothing. You think they made cash off this deal? Driving out to your house to say no was well worth their time?

Think about it hard.... I know it's difficult for you, but think really really hard! What do they gain from this?

Regardless you should be pissed at the manufacture not Lowes. Lowes did all they could do.

@Heartless

You need to stop posting this *** on every person's post who is frustrated with a warranty. People have the right to post this on this site and do not need criticism like this posted as a comment.

They have every right to complain that the warranty did not help them! I would be mad too! That's why you purchase a warranty! You should not have to contact the manufacturer.

It is Lowes that pays the warranty company, not the manufacturer and they go by their own rules and rarely go far from them.

It is very madding when you have to go thru something like this person has gone thru. Stop heckling these posts and be understanding of people and their problems!

I avoid extended warranties. Just a waste of money.

View more comments (3)
Loss
My husband works at Lowe's in Lawton, OK, and from what I have seen and heard, their management does not follow their own policy! Anytime anyone calls in, they require a doctor's note, though their employee handbook states that you do not have to provide one...

Lowe's Policy is available to all Lowes associates via Lowes net, actually can be found under HR department in the drop down menu.

View more comments
Lowes Manager

Corporate cards | Lowes review from Dayton, Ohio

I defaulted on my company card. I wanted to pay off after having some tough times. the collection agency told me that the account was still collecting interest and the account has doubled.I feel that this is bad not only for me but what about the other people that have not checked their accounts and getting over charged for things. his activity need to stop. I actually called them and told them I wanted to settle the debt until i found out is was still getting screwed even when it went to collections. i need some to to pay only what i owe.

You should be complaining to GE money, not Lowes. You shouldn't have a credit card if you don't know who you are actually paying.

And once you default, paying interest now, you need to call the credit agency for a pay off and it's due date. Duh.

When you applied for the credit card you agreed to pay interest on unpaid balances. What logical reason do you have for them to stop charging you interest before you pay what you owe?

View more comments (1)

Kitchen Cabinet Sales Specialist. | Lowes review from Erie, Pennsylvania

As all the Sales Specialists working at Lowe's in Feb. 2012 know- they just arbitrarily decided to cut all commissions storewide with 3 days notice. They require employees to request vacation time at least 30 days in advance but they can crush you financially with 3 days notice. This is by far the lowest move I've ever seen in retail. Some people in the Kitchen/appliance departments took $30K plus pay cuts. It never ceases to amaze me how dumb supposedly smart people are. The powers that be at Lowe's think this is going to improve the customer experience at their stores? Let's see- I make the same money whether I custom design a Kitchen or let the customer buy the peice of *** stock cabinets they are looking at; hmmmm... I wonder what I'll do. Real sales people make commission, period!! Gophers make $8-$10 bucks an hour and don't know anything about the products or the processes. Lowe's preaches customer service and "wowwing" the customer and exceeding their expectations- There is only one way to get someone to care enough to do that, you pay them. Other wise it's all *** and you're a hypocrite and just paying lip service to your " Mission Statement". That is exactly what Lowe's are, a bunch of hypocrites. If you actually care about your customers' experience, you provide them with people who know what they're doing and will go the extra mile to wow them- you're not going to get that from some kid making $9.00 an hour- Sorry!!

Amen!!!!

Treated like a Crook | Lowes review from Boise, Idaho

I asked for and received a 10 percent discount on a duplex remodel project. The Manager apparently berated his Asst. Mgrs. for giving the discount and two of them implied I was doing something wrong by using my Lowes credit card that gives an automatic 5 percent. I refused to accept these accusations and returned the merchandise (hundreds of dollars), and cancelled my Lowes card. They get their 10 percent back and I will shop elsewhere. Strange..... I think Lowes has gotten to big for its britches, as I know they give discounts all the time to the major builders, etc. But they seemed miffed when I sought it (but after the fact). Again, strange .........

Why did the associate give you the 10% discount in the first place? Are you military? Because that is the only reason I know that they give 10% discount.

Now, we were wrong for accusing you of doing something wrong by paying with the Lowes card unless the 10% discount was hinged on doing it all in cash.

It's very hard to understand what you wrote. I think you need to go back to grade school.

With that being said you need to get over yourself.

Like the person said below would you be so willing to give others a 10% discount when it came to you making money? You clearly did not qualify for the discount so DEAL.

Why do you feel entitled to 10% off in the first place???? Does your tenants who rent your duplex ask for a discount, would you give it to them.

I highly doubt it. So please step down from your pedestal.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Remodeling

Defective merchandise | Lowes review from Ocala, Florida

Update by user Apr 15, 2013

After weeks of arguing with both repair center and Lowes they both agreed to make good on their product, Lowes acknowledges that this incident should have never went this far and offered to repair with no questions, this incident could have been avoided by reviewing the repairman's findings which was all bogus, a drill is purchase for the purpose of conducting several projects to include drilling holes, setting screws etc. it is not purchased to sit on a shelf.

It has to have some cosmetic scratches and stains so next time a consumer request to simply just repair the *** chuck just do it and stop this *** unprofessional behavior which makes your company seem irresponsible to your customers, I want to thank Pissed Consumer for their assistance and the readers that supported me. Thank You

Original review posted by user Feb 19, 2013

On 11/25/2012 I purchased a Dewalt cordless drill from Lowe's for $100.63 at the time I thought it was a great deal considering it came with two batteries but unfortunately I had made a $100 mistake,shortly after using the drill a few times I noticed the chuck was slipping and eventually would not counter sink any screws at all. On 01/30/2013 I decided to send the item back to Lowe's per their instructions for repair after a couple of weeks of no contact from Lowe's I decided to call and they informed me they would be sending the drill back without repairs due to missing parts and wear, I decided I was going to get upset for no reason at all since it was all lies, the drill has no missing pieces the only thing wrong with it is the chuck in which I just wanted it replaced and as of the missing parts I did not think I needed to send the charger since there is no other issue with the drill but the chuck. I believe this is an outright rip-off with very little you can do about it, I called the Dewalt factory and they informed me the store was responsible for the drill due to it being less than 60 days since purchase, at this time I will further my complaint against Lowe's until someone listens. I have heard that this is not an isolated issue with Lowe's customer service.

What's wrong with weedeater. That's what we call them. or grass trimmer.

I bought a Dewalt cordless drill in the winter of last year. I began having the same problem you did.

I found my receipt and return it for a full refund. Only difference is it was Home Depot not Lowes. I have never had a problem returning anything to Home Depot. They even guarantee their plants you can't beat that deal.

My brother in law had a Lowes card and after they gave him a hard time about a *** eater he went to the customer service desk got the manager that refused to take back the (one use) *** eater (telling him to send it to the warranty repair) he cut up the card and told him where to put it. Lowes is not known for is customer service here in Jackson.

Anonymous+LadyScot=Ignorance...lol you can change your userid but you can't change your colors. you must be foaming at the bit since you have been cut off from the walmart pages.

all you do and have done is attack consumers. if you hate the customers that put money your pocket so much then get a job where you do not have to see, speak or deal with customers..if you can...hehe

Do you work in a retail store? I doubt it so im sure you have no idea how anything works.

Go work at a retail store for a week an then maybe you will understand . You people think you have everything figured out an your always right but most of the time thats not the case.

@Anonymous

Look I do not care about Lowe's or Dewalt they have more money than I do so that being the case I will try to protect my money just like they do. I am tired of hearing all of this bs about who is at fault and who is responsible all I know is that no store or manufacturer is going to rip me off without a FIGHT.

Everyday you hear about faulty merchandise sold and no one taking responsibility it is obvious that manufacturers are sh*tting all over us selling these cheaply made products and wanting us just to take it well I got news for you my friend I am not I want what I paid for, everything is more expensive today than it was a few years ago and yet it is of worse quality. I have purchase many items and a good portion of them have been returned due to faulty workmanship.

trimmers,stoves,refrigerators,washing machines,etc.etc. and you are telling me to deal with the manufacturer I don't think so.

You might have bought the product from lowes but lowes bought it from dewalt. Dewalt made the bad drill not Lowes.

So therefore u need to have a problem with dewalt. Its covered under a manufacture warranty not a lowes warranty. Why would it be lowes responsibility for 60 days that makes no sense. An the first time you said it was under 60 days an then in your comment you said 3 months.

3 months is 90 days not 60. So which one is it.

@Anonymous

You sound like an *** and you probably are one. I buy a product and it goes defective in 2 or 6 months it goes back to place of purchase you ***.

You buy a Ford vehicle from a dealer who do you take it too? The dealer *** not the manufacturer.

There is no need to deal with manufacturer unless you purchased directly so as for your idiotic comment I agree with popo56. ***

"I decided I was going to get upset for no reason at all since it was all lies," THIS MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE A TROLL. I would also like to point out no manufacture would say it was the stores responsibility.

I work for a similar store and the manufactures wants to deal with the customer when this type of situation occurs any repairs on it would be under the manufactures warranty.

Companies specifically tell my store not to return items have them call them so they can deal with the problem. If the store dealt with it it would just be a returned item that was defected out then the manufacture would cover the cost.

popo56
@Heartless

Should have been "not going to get upset" and if the item is under 3 months you pos it is the stores responsibilities, I did not buy the drill from Dewalt I bought it from Lowe's so f*&ck off you worthless pos.

View more comments (8)
Review

Horrible quality and don't give a *** attitude!!!! | Lowes review from Boston, Massachusetts

Bought a full house of indoor solid core doors, all came with wrong trim and the quality was so bad the installer had to disassemble and rebuild almost every unit.and replace trim. On the two outdoor units I bought the hinges rusted up in 3-4 months, they said I should have ordered stainless hinges.Who sells outdoor doors that rust off their hinges ??? When I asked them to warranty the hinges they just laughed.If you buy anything from lowes make sure it is a well known name and not a Lowes product.. Or just go to Home Depot.

So why didn't you buy the well known brand. You said it yourself, take your advice.

You probably would of bought the HD brand as well.

Heard of the saying,"you get what you pay for".

@hmmm

hey hmmmm still work for lowes

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes Window/Door Installation

Lowes Window/Door Installation
My husband and I had all new windows & doors, puchased at Lowes and installed by Lowes, put in our home approximately 2 years ago. ALL of the windows have condensation, which leaks onto our window sills, and all are drafty. ALL of the doors have horrible drafts and the windows within the doors have condensation and leak as well. You can actually see outside through one of the french doors we had installed. Despite attempting to contact the representative we worked with on several occasions, we never received a return call. I have since contacted the corporate office and I am awaiting a reply, if it ever comes. If you live in the Parkersburg area of WV, I would highly recommend you use some other company for the purchase and installation of windows and doors. It is ridiculous that we spent over $9000 on these windows and doors and instead of our utilities going down, as expected, they have actually increased. We would have been better off to keep the sliding glass doors and single pane windows we had prior to our purchase.

Try a professional installer next time. Installers at big box stores don't have the customer base to have their own business. That's why they rely on other sources to provide business.

Condensation is mainly caused due to excess humidity.Together with such clear explanations - it is a well-researched blog indeed! I hope to read more of your work in the future.Suggest you to meet window choice.

When did you report this to the store? The installers are required to give you a one year labor warranty from the time of installation.

I know that Lowes is only closed 2 days a year, so you should have been able to contact them SOMETIME within the warranty period.

Sounds a little fishy to me that it didn't happen the first year, but suddenly it does now.

@Truth

I tried to contact them on several occasions. I even went to the store and was told I would be contacted.

They didn't return my calls. I emailed and the guy said that he would call, but didn't.

I was pregnant at the time and both my parents were diagnosed with cancer during the year warranty period. After several attempts & giving birth & having a newborn, not to mention having to help my parents, I gave up for a while.

You need to check the humidity in your home. Condensation is caused by excess humidity in the home for the temperature outside.

There would could be a few reasons for condensation now when you didn't have it before. First is higher humidity which could be caused by a number of things. Second is that the windows could be more airtight and there is less air circulation past the glass.

Third is that you may have bought an inexpensive window that didn't have the insulation qualities of your old windows. My guess is that if you have problems with both the windows and doors you have too much humidity in the house.

Its time for people to learn that most of the contractors that they hire at Lowes and Depot are guys who cannot get their own business going. They pay half the going rate, and keep the other half.

Find yourself a good contractor and you will get what you pay for. Usually this is all an installation problem so it can be fixed, they just do not have the ability

@Paul-***tractor 30 years

That is one of the real issues. They contract with companies for cheap so the labor is cheap.

Hire a good contractor with good references

@Anonymous

The customer pays $99 for blinds to be installed but Lowes pays the installer $400 the store makes money on the product not the install. Also installers have to be insured and bonded for over a million

View more comments (7)