Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Poughkeepsie, New York - Upset

I purched a GE washer paid over $400.00. The washer started by making a flute kind of noise every now and then that the super cycle was used. I call to schedule a service call and of course the man that came to look at it didn't know what to look for becuase the washer did not make the noise. The second time it happen I opened the from ot the machine and recorded the noise and I notice that the soap was coming out close to where the belt is so I took pictures. when the service company came out again I showed him the pics. and he heard the noise that I recorde and of corse he still did not know what the problem was. But he said that he was going to order a (washer water level sensor) because he thought that was the reason the soap was coming out. But 15-20 minutes later he left I tried to do a load and the machine did not agitate nor spin I called the person back and he told me he was going to try to go back he though this time was the motor. Never came back never called me back I call them they said that instead they were going to call lowes advantage to approve of a buyout meaning replacing the machine because the motor was too expensive and buying a new machine was cheaper. 5 days later Lowes denied the claim because apparently the service company wrote on their report that there was no problems found with the washer. I am so pessed off because they didn't even looked at the machine after it stopped agitating nor spinning. Now a third service call have come out of pocket to see what is really going on with the washer. I paying for extended warranty service I have paid from my money for them to come out luckily it will be a different company, not Manassas Appliace (703-369-3114) they don't know what they are doing.

It lookes like your problem is with the service company NOT lowes.

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Change in minimum payment

I had a Lowes credit card but never used it. I was given the 5% discount on whatever I purchased at Lowes. My stove went out and I purchased one with a total of $400.00. Minimum payment was $15.00, so I paid $30. Their interest rate are 24.99%. I wanted to pay this off as soon as possible. I made the $30.00 payment for 3 months. My next bill stated my "minimum payment" was now $25.00 per month! Lowes raised my minimum payment to keep me from paying off the balance quickly. When I called their office and asked about it, I was told "they had a meeting" and decided to change the payment amount, however, Lowes fail to tell me about it and I but none of their other customers!
GECapitalCares

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 072012_pc_Anonymous**

We would like to look into this issue. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Capital

Lowes @ store level has nothing to do with raising payments or anything to do with credit changes. That's all the credit centers doing. U must have other purchases you made and increased ur balance therfore increasing ur minimum payment.

IHateStupidCustomers

if your next bill stated that the minimum was raised then obviously they did tell you. and why is a $25 minimum too much if you were already paying $30 anyway?

So you want to pay it off as quickly as possible, so you make $30 payments? Why not make $100 or $200 payments then?

How does raising your minimum payment keep you from paying off the purchase quickly? Raising your minimum payment will force you to pay it off more quickly and pay less interest.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Antioch, California - Management Crooks

Robert Taylor is one of the managers at Lowes Antioch,Ca..Off Lonetree.. I need to post the fact that this guy hired me to correct a green mess in his personal in ground swimming pool. After 6 to8 weeks of hard labor and chemicals, I turn in my bill and this guy straight up looks at me and said. " I didn't hire you". WHAT ??? What else needs to be said? This guy is a straight out CROOK... I saw him today while at Lowes and when I asked him for my $$$$ he threatens to have me thrown out. ..Now ain't that a kick in the teeth. I'll write this guy off but if your from this area.....Be warned....It all comes full circle.. May be not today ...but it is commin......

Lowes in Wytheville, VA

I recently received by Vet ID card from the Virginia DMV. I checked the link on the DMV website of stores in town that offer discounts to vets and Lowes was listed as offering a 10% discount. I went to Lowes and made a $400 purchase. When I checked out I was told by the 18 or 19 year old "customer service" girl that Lowes did not honor my ID card. I stated that I would just pay, planning to later speak to the store manager. This teenager continued to argue with me even after I told her that I did not wish to argue with her. She acted like she wanted to get the last word!!! Whoever trained or manages this kid must not have told her that she is NOT to argue with a customer. I later asked to speak with the manager only to find out the he was just another kid...about 24 years old and the assistant manager. I asked to speak with the real store manager but was told I would have to come back the next day before 5:00 when he works. It appears that Lowes only hires kids and then gives them little or no training in customer service. This will be my L A S T trip to Lowes. In my opinion there is bad customer service, especially at this store. store. From now on I will spend my money at Home Depot!

Let me explain the Military Discount.

IT IS ONLY OFFERED TO MILITARY ID CARD HOLDERS, ACTIVE, RESERVE, OR RETIRED, and their ID CARD HOLDING FAMILY MEMBERS for personal purchases only.

THE ONLY TIME A DD214 can be used (indicating Honorable Discharge) is on specified Holidays. (Memorial, Veteran's, and July 4th)

Just because the State DMV put your vet status on your Driver's License means nothing.

They do not honor my DD214

next time try your dd-214 or mil. ID or a retrired mil.

ID card. works for me every time

IHateStupidCustomers

maybe the DMV hasn't updated their site to not include Lowe's? and if you think a 24 year old is a kid then a 15 year old must be a baby.

nikalseyn

JP Morgan Chase had a manager who wanted to argue with me a couple of years ago after I asked why they didn't open more teller windows. If that's the kind of people, especially managers, they hire, then do as I did----go elsewhere.

As you stated, Home Depot is a viable alternative. In my case, I cancelled all my accounts, closed out two CDs early(with a penalty)and went to a local credit union.

View more comments (4)

LOWES STINKS!

Ordered from Lowes. I did Overnight Shipping....its been 6 days... and im still waiting. Called customer service and my order hasnt even been shipped yet!!! I told them i want the money for overnight shipping back - they said thats fine and they will call me in 2 business days to go over my order....whats to go over??? i ordered 2 rugs...and ive been waiting and now i have to wait 2 more days for Lowes to get their stuff togehter....its ridiculous. this was my first and last time ordering from Lowes.com. never again will i order frm them and i would NEVER tell anyone to order from them.

Vieew "Lowes forklift tradgedy on you tube" then tell this family not to blame lowes. Feel so sorry for this family. Lowes does stink!

When you special order something it is not lowes who makes it and ships it if they don't have it in stock its the vendors fault if they don't ship it or it takes too long do not blame lowes(the middle man) for the vendors or distribution center mistakes or delays. Lowes does however hold the responsibility of calling the vendor getting an estimated date of shipping/arrival and call you to let u know if there will be a delay.

Then you can decide if u want to change ur mind and cancel the order. Simple

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's is dumb!

It was sometime last year in 2011 when my fiancee and I went to Lowe's in New Hudson MI for the first time since we'd moved to the area. We were looking to purchase a heating element for our hot water tank. We were in the plumbing dept. when we were approached by an employee. He came over with a greeting and was nice enough but when we asked if he could assist us in finding our part his reply was " Actually I don't know that much about water heaters and I don't think anybody else working tonight would know either."
big ben

That person probably knew a lot about his area of expertise. Not plumbing.

Atleast he tried. Quit whining. Go to Home Depot. Lowes doesnt staff enough people.

They will not listen or fix this problem so dont waste your breathe.

Just shop somewhere else. No one Cares!!!

IHateStupidCustomers

well at least they were honest with you instead of lying. oh and by the way, you and your fiance are dumb.

Sounds about right. It's a major chain retail store. They don't hire professionals in the trade BECAUSE THEY MAKE MORE MONEY ACTUALLY DOING IT.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Bellevue, Washington - Epic Failure For Pool Products 4 Less

We ordered a simple filter, called numerous times and we get a voicemail then to live chat, "doris" gives us bogus tracking numbers and tells us we can not track our order until after 6pm. We called, left a stern voicemail I get on Chat with "Doris" and tell her my order # and she gives me the correct tracking number finally! would rather pay double at Lowes than dealing with thier ***! still do not have our filter. Also we paid for the priority mail and it is now coming in UPS almost two weeks later. This business is horrible!
Review

Lowes in Willingboro, New Jersey - Whirlpool Stainless steel refrigerator rusting doors.

Purchased a Whirlpool Gold Stainless Steel refrigerator 3-10-12. Delivered 3-17-12. Doors started rusting 5-24-12 after cleaning with mild soap,and water as recommended by Whirlpool user instructions.Lowes store where purchased was contacted by me on5-24 & again on 5-29. Haven't had any returned call from Lowes to date.Their Sewell,N.J. store Management,may think I'm just gonna go away,but thats just not gonna happen.I have spent thousands of dollars at Lowes over some years,and refuse to be Ignored.So Consumer beware of "Lets build something together".....

Hi , after some experimenting I found a solution for my 2 year old kitchenaid architectural stainless refrigerator showing small signs of rusting on the door.. I used a paste of baking soda and water to rub the part with the glitter of rust.

Rub with the grain. Rub gently. That will take the rust out of the tiny pitted parts. Wash gently with plain water.

Let dry. Then, use a soft white cloth to rub olive oil with the grain across the entire refrigerator front. Let it sit for a day. The next day.

Use a clean cloth to rub gently with the grain. That will *** any standing olive oil and leave a beautiful door. Mainly, do not wash your stainless refrigerator with soap and water. It does not like water.

Not sure why except that it is true.

Hope this helps someone else. I was so upset on the *** of returning the appliance as defective, but this worked.

I'm having the same problem after 3 months. Just got off the phone with Whirlpool who wants to give me some *** about oxidation damage, NOT!!!

My entire kitchen is stainless steel, which means I should be having the same problem with all my appliances.

They're going to hear from me. fr0131, did you get any luck with placing a dispute with your credit card company?

keep your cat away from the refrigerator.

fr0131

Lowes corrected problem with doors.Whirlpool refused,Disputed Payment with Credit Card,gave me better clout.Hats off to Lowes,Whirlpool,I will never,nor recommend a purchase of your products to anyone.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Wilkesboro, North Carolina - Ripped off by Lowe's

Update by user Jun 21, 2012

I just went back to Lowe\'s today to pick up my mower that was not fixed and they traded it out for a bran new one !!!!!

Update by user Jun 16, 2012

Saturday June 16th 2012

To whom it my concern hopefully a lot of people, I have been nothing but a loyal and great costumer of Lowes you can ask anyone or just come by and look at my yard most or all of my plant s and anything doing with my yard has come from Lowes. Until recently I have not had an issue with them. But now all *** has broken loose! I was mowing on May the 18th 2012 and in the middle of the yard the mower cuts off. so the first thing I do is go get my husband and roommate and we look under the hood to see if we see anything wrong or leaking then we check the gas and oil like any other person would do. Witch was good because we changed the oil in the mower to weeks prior. The mower would not even turn over. So I went to Lowes to take the mower back to send it off to be repaired Because I pursed it in May 2011and it came with a 2 year warranty I seen that I would have no issues but I was wrong again ! They said they could not have it on their grounds without a receipt so I called that day in the store and ordered a receipt so that I could send my mower off to be fixed. So I thought. I stayed on the phone at the store for over a hour talking to costumer service and ordered a receipt. I still have no repict I have called back multiple times witch I have talked with multiple people witch said that I that I not requested one so I request one again. Customer service said they can pull up my name and see where I have bought the mower. So why can’t Lowes see that I have no idea? Yet again they say it will take them a week to receive the receipt because they have to go back in there system a year. Which was ok I waited on the receipt and I am still waiting on the receipt It! Almost 2months now, So I took the mower back two weeks ago and they lady at the counter this time since I had all info on the mower that she would send it off for me without my receipt ! I told her the mower has gas in it so she sent it back to the back to be emptyed , I got a message this week saying that I have to pay 843.00 to fix the mower ? My question is why should I have to pay anything when the mower is still under the warranty that it came with and it. So I called the number they left and talked to some one and they are saying it has no oil in the mower. The funny thing is a mower will not run without even a woman knows that I am not that ***. I was mowing when it cut off. So my thought now is when we took the mower back almost 3 weeks ago now is that the only thing they emptied was the gas? Or is it because the mower is in a woman’s name that they think that I am not smart enough to figure out they are trying to screw me over? So you will never see me again at Lowes unless I am picking up my mower that they refuse to fix and are sending back as we speak.

Thanks you for your time

Jennifer S Cork

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2012

Saturday June 16th 2012 To whom it my consern hopefully alot of people, I have been nothing but a loyal and grat costmer of lowes you can ask anyone or jsut come by and look at my yard most or all of my plant s and anything doing with my yard has come from lowes. untill resently i have not had a issue with them. But now all *** has broke loose ! I was mowing on May the 18th 2012 and in the middle of the yard the mower cuts off . so the first thing i do is go get my husbend and roomate and we look under the hood to see if we see anything rong or leeking then we check the gas and oil like any other person would do. Witch was good because we changed the oil in the mower to weeks prior. The mower would not even turn over. So i went to Lowes to take the mower back to send it off to be repaird Becouse i pursed it in May 2011and it came with a 2 year warrenty i seen that i would have no issures but i was rong agian ! they said they could not have it on there grounds without a recipet so i called that day in the store and orederd a recipt so that i could send my mower off to be fixed . so i thought . I stayed on the phone at the store for over a hour talking to costumer servie and oreded a recipet. I still have no repict I have called back mulitpule times witch i have talked with multiple people witch said that i that i not requesed one so i request one agin . Custmer service said thay can pull up my name and see wehre i have bought the mower. So why cant lowes see that i have no idea ? Yet agian they say it will take them a week to recive the recipt Because they have to go back in there system a year . Wich was ok i waited on the recipt and i am still watighting on the recipt It ! Almost 2months now, So i took the mower back two weeks ago and they lady at the counter this time since i had all info on the mower that she would send it off for me without my recipt ! I told her the mower has gas in it so she sent it back to the back to emptyed , I got a message this week saying that i ahve to pay 843.00 to fix the mower ? My question is why should i have to pay anything when the mower is still under the warrenty that it came with and it. So i called the number they left and talked to some one and they are saying it has no oil in the mower. The funny thing is a mower will not run with out even a woman knows that i am not that *** . I was mowing when it cut off . So my thought now is when we took the mower back almsot 3 weeks ago now is that the only thing they emptyed was the gas? or is it becouse the mower is in a womans name that they think that i am not smart enought to figure out they are tryign to screw me over ? So you will never see me agian at lowes unless i am picking up my mower that they refuse to fix and are sending back as we speek . Thanks you for your time Jennifer S Cork

There are a few different issues with this that I can try to answer. The corporate office was wrong to not provide you with your receipt in a reasonable amount of time and possibly lied about you not requesting the receipt.

Despite what the other comments have said, you were right to contact Lowes because any warranty work is usually handled using Lowes as a go between.

As the other comments stated, if the oil change was not done correctly then damage to the engine could have occurred and that would not be covered by warranty. I agree that Lowes did fail in providing the receipt in a timely manner but the cost of repair is legitimate.

Come on lady... really?

Seriously... REALLY?? You didn't maintain your mower and a year later you bring it back to the store without a receipt for them to deal with the manufacturer's warranty for you.

I'd be too embarrassed to tell a friend that, and you publish it on the web? Hope Jennifer Cork is a bogus name for your sake.

the reason it shut off while mowing was likely a low oil sensor second if when you changed the oil you did not tighten the drain properly it is very likely that it is blown up from lack of oil which is why you should have had a warranty certified tech service or shop do oil changes while in warranty which would have left them liable and also if you had purchased the extended service /potection plan this would be covered however with a manufacturers warranty only defects in material and workmanship are covered and oil being underfilled or left out and or allowed to leak out due to matinence practices are not covered

First of all, were you drunk when you wrote this? Seems like.

Secondly, the two year warranty is NOT through Lowe's...it's through the manufacturer. Finally, with the apparent knowledge that's flowing from you, it seems like you are the reason the mower is messed up...it's probably out of gas or oil.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Allison, Iowa - On june sixth i orderd and paid for walnut vener

it is now june 17 and i have not gotten my order . was told it would take 3or 5 days to get.. have not gotten and project on hold waiting . question is where the *** is my wood ? i am not pissed yet butt getting very close. order was at iowa city store with manager of the department i have always got good service from your store in the past donot scerw it up now . its not much more of a drive to lowes . donor like there store layout butt can adapt if i have to enough said i finly got 100 words