Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Lowe’s is cheating on the extended warranty

Lowe's Store is cheating on the extended warranty to the customers is not worth the paper it is written on, I porches a lawn mower and a 3 years Extended warranty in Lowe's store after two years of use my machine stop working I check the basics on my mower before contact Lowe's extended warranty and after more than a hour with the customer's service I ending with nothing to solve my problem they say they could not find any records under the my name or recipe. Do not buy warranty with this company is not worth it.
Honest4Sure

Congratulations! Your lawn mower has a 2-year warranty and you purchased year 3!

Brilliant! Motors last 10 years. Compounding matters is that the company you purchased the plan with no longer does Lowes plans - so customer support would be exceedingly tough.

Good luck. Next time, stop listening to retail clerks.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes dishwasher parts extinct

I bought a high end Bosch dishwasher 4 and a half years ago. The extended warranty ran out half a year back and now the dishwasher is broken. The piece I need to fix it is no longer sold, not by Lowe's not by any parts supplier online. Apparently Bosch stopped making the part so the dishwasher is on its way to the dump. Parts are supposed to be available for appliances for 10-15 years. Lacking a part that should sell for less than ten bucks has turned a thousand dollar machine into a piece of rubbish. Really? Wouldn't one think that Lowes would contract with their suppliers to maintain the products they sell?

Why are you blaming Lowes? The didn't make the dishwasher. Your complaint should be with Bosch.

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Per Federal law, repair parts are supposed to be available for a period of at least five years after the model has been discontinued. CC a copy of your complaint letter to the manufacturer to put some hot coals under their feet.

View more comments (1)
Review

You reallyl have to work to get your military discount at Lowes

I am retired Air Force. Lowes has the policy of not giving a military discount unless a supervisor is called to verify the ID card. I have waited in excess of five minutes several times for a supervisor to come to the checkout line. I'm waiting, the customers behind me are waiting, all this because they can not trust their employees to verify this. You go to Home Depot, they look at your ID card, ring you up and you are out the door. I'm thinking that Lowes has this policy to deter veterans from asking for the discount.

Frankly I refuse to nickel and dime the privilege but lately it seems like even when I wait until I have an order over 50 bucks its almost a hassle for them to give the discount. Holding up a line for upwards of 10 minutes is unacceptable IMHO and every time I have asked for my discount in the past few months I wind up telling them to forget it.

its not worth it because of the time it takes. The feeling of irritation and agitation from the people waiting in line behind me isn't worth it. Bad on you Lowes. It seems you don't really want to give this discount to us anymore, you just can't stop it without public outcry.

I think I'm done with you for a while. Home depot or mom and pop hardware for me.

A manager must give an approval for any military discount. Regular sales and cashiers cannot approve any discount unless its a Lowes credit card promotional discount of 5%... So if the store is busy, it can take managers a few minutes to make their way to the register for the approval.

Oh for Pete's sake. I'm retired military, and work for Lowe's. That store most likley has a reason for this. In non-military areas, the check a little bit harder. You'd be amazed at what some people will try.

I've seen DOD civilians try to use a DAC card, for the discount. People wearing pawn shop purchased ACU's, their VA card etc.

The discount is only given to CURRENT Active Guard, Active Reserve, Active Duty and retirees with DDForm 2A.

Try getting the discount at Wal-Mart, or better yet most other retailers.

GET OVER IT

Never had a problem with Lowes in Gastonia or Belmont NC. The manager used to approve the discount, but they stopped that long ago.

The clerks take a quick look and thats all thats needed. Lowes is super.

The verification is to protect the discount from being abused by people other than yourself. It wouldn't be much of an honor or discount if everyone got it, right?

Sorry you had to wait on the override. What a terrible manager that must be.

He should have known that you were going to be shopping that day. I'd call his boss and have him fired for not anticipating your arrival at the register.

Ok sooo I finally picked the perfect pink for my girl bedroom and was taking the paint cans up to the register to pay, when my mom reminded me that lowes offers a military discount. So I asked for military discount, the lady at the register said they do offer it but it needs manager approval, I said okay.

A few seconds later the manager, who was sitting at the end of the next counter reading a magazine was there holding her card out to scan for approval.

She could have said nothing and all would be fine, instead she said with hella attitude "ugggh I swear sometimes I wanna just put up a sign that says do not enter my line if you want a military discount or expect to wait fifteen minutes until I'm not busy" I was like okay that was rude, I'm sorry I interupted your magazine reading. My husband, my brothers and my mother all proudly serve their country...maybe next time there is some kind of emergency she should be standing at the front of the lines to see what it feels like to protect and serve with no respect

View more comments (5)

Lowes in Franklin, Tennessee - Trimmer

purchase a gas trimmer from lowes and lost the receipt. they will not take any product after 30 days. called husqvarna, they gave me a place to go to 1 hr from my house. if they think i messed it up they are going to charge me. lowes is saying its not their problem and husqarna is saying this too. mean while i have grass thats 3 ft tall and a 200.00 trimmer thats useless. went to a company in franklin and they told me lowes is hard to work with so they stop servcing those trimmers. so my advise- dont buy a husqarna product because they dont stand behind their stuff and dont buy any thing from lowes. ever!!!!

and its Lowes problem that you lost the receipt .

Review
I had been a Lowes customer and recently purchased a large number of stuff from Lowes (cash) ... I went to return a few items - requested Lowes associate to give me a store credit as I was going to buy some more stuff. My return was declined. Called customer service...

Same thing happened to me today. The returns clerk scanned all the items I was returning.

I didn't have a receipt since it has never been a problem returning things I bought to many of which I do all the time so that if I'm on a job I make sure I buy anything that I might need so I don't have to make another trip to lowes. They scanned everything then my drivers license and then a receipt printed out that said I need a receipt for all of the items I was returning.

I guess I will be shopping at Home Depot or Menards from now on. I've spent to much money at lowes over the years to be treated like that.

View more comments
Review

Lowes fired me based on others lies

I was fired from lowes after 7yrs.I was a dept manager and was accussed of being dishonest.They had a snack machine giving 2 for 1 price .Turned into ASM,said not lowes problem.Thers were many people getting 2 for one but I was the only one fired,because someone said I filled a cake carrier with about 15 items.Which was bull****.The HR had it out for me cause I refused to tattle on other employees,I can.t see how I could be fired for a machine not even belonging to them,this is bull

Maybe you were fired because it shows you are a dishonest leader!!!!!!!! :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh

Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes service and extended protection plan

Have had this refrigerator for just about 11 months and 14 days. Began having issues with it not cooling at the end of June. They sent a tech out here and he replaced the "problem." Within 5 days it stopped cooling again. Repeat of the process on July 1, 2012 an chose a different tech this time because there was a chance he could come by on the 3rd but for sure on the 5th. July 3rd came and went with no word. July 5th arrived and they were suppost to be at the house by noon. No word by 1100 so I called them. The tech didn't know he was suppost to come look at it. He said he "knew" what the problem was and ordered the control board site unseen. Attempted to call about a week later and his phone wouldnt accept incoming calls. Called Lowes back and they contacted him. He calls and says the part is back ordered. Tech has called me twice since (first time he thought he was calling a different customer and started talking about a completely different appliance and the second was to get the Model and serial number again). After 2 weeks of no word I call Lowes back and they again call him (by the way he reported to them that he'd installed the control board and it is fixed). He has now magically rec'd the part and is continuously calling me. Lowes is content that it has done it's due diligence and is ready to wash their hands of it. They will not back you up and will allow people who cannot seem to organize a bowel movement into your home. They seem surprised that I want to switch technicians and apparently this is the extent of their concern.
Loss

Lowes hires be diverse and not to satisfy the customer.

I cant help but notice the trend that Lowes in Nacogdoches Tx has taken. They have decided to hire individuals to up their diversity instead of people who are friendly and want to work. Why is it when I go to check out at this particular Lowes I am not greeted or spoken to in any way. Most times they dont even say the total of my order. If you have to hire individuals with a chip on their shoulder that think they are owed everything and shouldn't have to work then put them in lumber or somewhere in the back.

Lazy porch monkeys,,spear chuckers,,

Lazy *** ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I see it everyday ! I live in Ga.,There's alot of "F U White boy" chip here.I'm tired of it !

Cool Western centralization complex, bro.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Louisville, Kentucky - They lets dogs in store shop wit coustomer,

i live in louisvill,ky i just want to know why the lowes on dixie hwy,let dogs come in the store shopping wit the coustomer,last week they let this man came in wit a pit bull shopping,i know it suppose to be a see and eye dogs, but these dogs are not and i was in the store today and came around the coroner and thie lady has her dog came close by my leg,this is not feeder supply,i'm afraid if somebody get *** r slip in wastes they mite sue the company.thax

Are you seriously this ***? Actually, let me put in a a way you may understand better:

"Ar yu fer reel this ignrant?" And just so you can spread the word..."a see and eye" dog is not breed specific. A see dog is small and a eye dog is larger.

Hey, Steven - learn spelling and punctuation before you hit the send button. Ha-ha!

To Anonymous in Louisville: the correct wording is "Seeing Eye Dog", not see and eye dog.

LEARN ENGLISH BEFORE YOU WORRY ABOUT A FEW INNOCENT DOGS IN LOWES. THANKS

LEARN ENGLISH BEFORE YOU WORRU ABOUT A FEW INNOCENT DOGS IN LOWES. THANKS

View more comments (3)

Lowes Deck Build FAIL

I got a deck estimate around the beginning of July. 4500$ was the estimate for a 10x15 deck with a small 3x5 landing with stairs near a door. I checked around, and there were many in the 2000-3000 range for install without materials cost added in but they were booked until September. I called lowes back and asked them if they could start immediately and come down a bit. They agreed they could start ASAP and do it for 4300 including materials and that I would be better protected because they were a large company blah blah blah I was wary since I had trouble with getting a timely install of carpet done a month earlier by them, but I needed the deck done by August. The current deck was dangerous and we'd just bought the house and we want folks to be able to come to a house warming with out being in danger. So after promises that they were a different department and not connected to the carpet sales people, I paid $4300 cash (so they couldnt sell the finance to GE) and was promised a deck to be done in 4 days, starting the following Monday. (it was Thursday night when I paid) Monday comes, no one shows up. I get a call late by the install sales person saying one of the install guys (there are only 2) had a baby that night and called in. Great, no problem, understandable. They show up Tuesday... tear down the deck and put concrete in, but they dont use the cardboard pilar tubes to be sure they make straight pillars. They just dig holes with an auger they RENTED AT HOME DEPOT and pour it straight into the ground and shape it at the top with some 2x4s nailed into a square shape. They secure the side supports to the house for the main deck (but not the landing) and then leave. They dont come back for 24 hours, to let the concrete dry (couldnt they work on building the stairs or cutting deck planking and rails to size or something?) which is ok I guess. They come back and they attach the landing securely to the house because I complained at them about it. they also remove the temporary supports and attach permanent ones on all the corners on the newly dried concrete. This is done reasonably well, just slowly. They attach the underdeck cross beams and leave. Most of them are not nailed into the brackets, just sitting there. They worked maybe 4-5 hours. Friday they come and attach the deck planking and build the stairs and landing. They split the stair stringer at every step because they didnt drill pilot holes for the screws. They seem to have learned from this mistake on the deck top though (though didnt replace the stringer, just left it split and installed) So they drilled pilot holes for the screws on the decking and installed it. They left about HALF of the pilot holes empty however and left for the day. AGAIN. this was the day they were supposed to be FINISHED. Which was already a day late. They had been there about 3 hours. They take the "Installation in progress by Lowes" sign out of the front yard and do not show up Saturday or Sunday. Sunday Lowes calls to ask me how I enjoy my new deck!!! I told them I have no freaking idea because I dont have one yet. They get quiet and say, oh, they didnt tell us they weren't done, and they hang up on me!!! I call back the next Monday to be told they couldnt deal with the heat (it was 95-96 out, it had been hotter previously) so they had to leave. They were coming back that day to "finish" I also tole them they put the crown of the wood in the WRONG DIRECTION on the deck. its suppoed to curve down so water doesnt pool on the deck and so any warping pushes the screws INTO the deck not pulling up on them. So they basically wasted most of their day Friday doing *** WRONG anyway. Needless to say, more problems, as Lowes didnt have hand rail materials I needed (they were supposed to have already delivered all materials needed) and that the installers had to drive to a store a town away to get new ones so they wouldnt be there. etc etc. And they've been awful since they were informed they werent doing their job right. Point of the matter being PAY A LOCAL BUSINESS for your deck. Lowes has no idea who does what for them, nor do they provide the "managing" of the people they send to your house like they claim to do. Its week 2 and my deck still isnt done. Again, a promise of it will be completed at 2pm today. We'll see...

Here’s another pissed customer. Purchased with $6600 cash a deck on June 14 of this year.

Was told it would The 4 to 6 weeks for installation.

Guess what it’s October 5 and it’s still not installed. Lowes top management truly gives incorrect information regarding installation

All $$$ are requied up front. You have zero protection. An ethical contactor requires payment as work is completed.

This is what happens when a know it all doesn’t know anything. Lol...

You just described every deck I’ve ever built and you literally displayed you know nothing about carpentry, the crowns go up so when they settle , they settle flat.

It’s pretty typical to not used a cardboard tube for concreting posts.

Crowns are actually supposed to face up on the beams. Not down.

So glad I saw your post. I was thinking about hiring them to build me a pool deck but now I have decided not to use them. Thanks so n much for sharing.

Once I saw the $2000-$3000 comment ...maybe you should have shopped around first if thats the case....but I am sure its not. Lol :grin

While I agree, don't have lowe's do an install, the poster is wrong on many of his complaints especially the part about which way a crown should face...

:( :( BUYER BEWARE !

IF YOU WANT A BEAUTIFUL DECK THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME, DO NOT GO TO LOWES IN LA PLATA MARYLAND !

THE RED HAIRED GUY IN MILLWORK, WILL SELL YOU NOTHING BUT LIES AS HE HANDS YOU A BROCHURE THAT SHOWS A BEAUTIFUL DECK BUILT WITH LOWES # 1 CHOICE LUMBER . MY DECK WAS ONLY 2 WEEKS OLD AND THE LUMBER STARTED TURNING BLACK. THEY BLAMED IT ON ARSENIC TREATED LUMBER AND THEY DO NOT USE ARSENIC TO TREAT THE LUMBER ANY MORE AND THE MASTER CARPENTER WHO INSTALLED THE DECK DID NOT EVEN KNOW THAT.

THEY SIA D THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM YOU WILL HAVE TO CONTACT OUR VENDOR AT LOWES AND WORK IT OUT WITH THEM. $ 10,000.00 DOLLARS FOR A NEW DECK AND THE BAD LUMBER IS MY PROBLEM.

BY THE WAY THE MASTER INSTALLER SAID THAT LOWES WOULD ONLY ALLOW HIM TO USE DECK NAILS, THE SAME NAILS THAT SPLIT AND CRACKED ALMOST EVERY PIECE OF LUMBER ON MY DECK.

THEY SHOW A PICTURE OF A BEAUTIFUL DECK IN THE BROCHURE BUILT WITH LOWE'S CHOICE # 1 LUMBER , WELL MY DECK LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THAT ! IT LOOKS LIKE A 3 YEAR OLD WAS BUILDING A DECK WITH TINKER TOYS.

THE MANAGER TOLD THE RED HAIRED GUY IN MILLWORKS TO FIX WHATEVER WAS WRONG WITH THE DECK AND NOW THEY ARE BACK PEDDLING SAYING THAT THE DECK BOARDS ARE SHRINKING OVERNIGHT BECAUSE THE DECK WAS NOT SEALED , REALLY IN THE WINTER WHO SEALS A DECK INSTALLED THE LAST WEEK IN OCTOBER AND THE COLD AND RAINY WEATHER HAD STARTED. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN THRO AWAY YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY AND YOU WANT A CRUMMY DECK BUILT WITH SUB PAR LUMBER THEN GO TO LOWES IN LA PLATA MARYLAND !

:( DO NOT GO TO LOWES IN LA PLATA MD TO HAVE A NEW DECK INSTALLED. FIRST PROBLEM, THE MAN IN CHARGE OF MILLWORK SALES ON DECK INSTALLS , WELL HE WILL TELL YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT TO HEAR, PROMISE YOU THE MOON AND WELL THE DECK YOU GET AND THE ONE THAT HE SHOWS YOU IN LOWES BROCHURE ARE TOW DIFFERENT DECKS.THE INSTALLER BUILDS HOMES, A MASTER CARPENTER SO HE SAYS AND MY DECK LOOKS LIKE A DISASTER.

THE CHOICE LUMBER AT LOWES IN LA PLATA WELL 2 WEEKS AFTER INSTALLATION IT STARTING TURNING BLACK. IT WAS FALL EARLY WINTER WHEN INSTALLED AND TOO COLD TO HAVE IT SEALED. THE DECK SPOKES WELL THE MAJORITY OF THEM BOWED WITHIN 2 WEEKS, HAD HUGE HOLES IN THEM AND NONE OF THE RAILINGS WERE EVEN AT THE CORNERS. THEY SAID AT FIRST THAT THE LUMBER WAS TURNING BLACK DUE TO THE ARSENIC IN IT, THIS COMING FROM A MASTER CARPENTER AND THE FACT IS ARSENIC HAS NOT BEEN THE TREATED CHEMICAL IN LUMBER FOR QUITE A WHILE.

THEY SAID THAT WAS MY PROBLEM TO GET IT STRAIGHT WITH THEIR SUPPLIER OF CHOICE LUMBER AS TO WHY THE LUMBER WAS BLACK WHEN IT WAS DELIVERED AND CONTINUES TO TURN BLACK.THE BOTTOM OF THE DECK IS GREAT THE TOP A DISASTER. THE DECK WILL NOT EVEN BE A YEAR OLD TILL THE END OF OCTOBER 2012.

THE WORST MISTAKE WE EVER MAD WAS HAVING A DECK INSTALLED BY LOWES IN LA PLATA, MD. FROM THE GUY IN MILLWORK WITH THE RED HAIR WHO WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO TELL THE TRUTH EVEN IF HE WAS STANDING IN FRINT OF GOD TO THE MASTER INSTALLER OF DECKS. HE BUILDS HOMES AND DOES THE DECK INSTALLS I GUESS TO KEEP HIM OUT OF A ROCKING CHAIR, WELL LET ME TELL YOU IF HE CANNOT EVEN BUILD A DECK, AND KNOW HOW TO USE CORRECT LUMBER, IF THE LUMBER FROM LOWES WAS DEFECTIVE WHEN IT WAS DELIVERED , WHY WOULD HE USE IT FOR THE DECK, WHY WOULD HE HAVE NOT CALLED LOWES AND HAVE THEM SEND OVER FRESH GOOD CHOICE LUMBER.

THE MAN MAD POOR CHOICES, AND POOR JUDGEMENTS AND THIS MAN BUILDS HOMES. I GUESS HE FIGURES WHAT HIS BUYERS CAN'T SEE WON'T HURT HIM TILL MAYBE A FEW YEARS AFTER THERE IN THE HOME HE BUILT WITH THE SHABBY DECK.

I WOULD NOT WANT TO BUY A HOME FROM THIS OLD HIPPY.

BOTTOM LINE GO TO ANYWHERE FOR YOUR NEW DECK , DO YOUR HOME WORK BUT DO NOT GO TO LOWES IN LA PLATA , MD. THE ONLY THING YU CAN COUNT ON GETTING FROM THEM FOR YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY IS THE SHAFT !

View more comments (8)