store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money
My husband works at Lowe's in Lawton, OK, and from what I have seen and heard, their management does not follow their own policy! Anytime anyone calls in, they require a doctor's note, though their employee handbook states that you do not have to provide one...

Lowe's Policy is available to all Lowes associates via Lowes net, actually can be found under HR department in the drop down menu.

View more comments
Lowes Manager

Corporate cards | Lowes review from Dayton, Ohio

I defaulted on my company card. I wanted to pay off after having some tough times. the collection agency told me that the account was still collecting interest and the account has doubled.I feel that this is bad not only for me but what about the other people that have not checked their accounts and getting over charged for things. his activity need to stop. I actually called them and told them I wanted to settle the debt until i found out is was still getting screwed even when it went to collections. i need some to to pay only what i owe.

You should be complaining to GE money, not Lowes. You shouldn't have a credit card if you don't know who you are actually paying.

And once you default, paying interest now, you need to call the credit agency for a pay off and it's due date. Duh.

When you applied for the credit card you agreed to pay interest on unpaid balances. What logical reason do you have for them to stop charging you interest before you pay what you owe?

Kitchen Cabinet Sales Specialist. | Lowes review from Erie, Pennsylvania

As all the Sales Specialists working at Lowe's in Feb. 2012 know- they just arbitrarily decided to cut all commissions storewide with 3 days notice. They require employees to request vacation time at least 30 days in advance but they can crush you financially with 3 days notice. This is by far the lowest move I've ever seen in retail. Some people in the Kitchen/appliance departments took $30K plus pay cuts. It never ceases to amaze me how dumb supposedly smart people are. The powers that be at Lowe's think this is going to improve the customer experience at their stores? Let's see- I make the same money whether I custom design a Kitchen or let the customer buy the peice of *** stock cabinets they are looking at; hmmmm... I wonder what I'll do. Real sales people make commission, period!! Gophers make $8-$10 bucks an hour and don't know anything about the products or the processes. Lowe's preaches customer service and "wowwing" the customer and exceeding their expectations- There is only one way to get someone to care enough to do that, you pay them. Other wise it's all *** and you're a hypocrite and just paying lip service to your " Mission Statement". That is exactly what Lowe's are, a bunch of hypocrites. If you actually care about your customers' experience, you provide them with people who know what they're doing and will go the extra mile to wow them- you're not going to get that from some kid making $9.00 an hour- Sorry!!

Amen!!!!

Treated like a Crook | Lowes review from Boise, Idaho

I asked for and received a 10 percent discount on a duplex remodel project. The Manager apparently berated his Asst. Mgrs. for giving the discount and two of them implied I was doing something wrong by using my Lowes credit card that gives an automatic 5 percent. I refused to accept these accusations and returned the merchandise (hundreds of dollars), and cancelled my Lowes card. They get their 10 percent back and I will shop elsewhere. Strange..... I think Lowes has gotten to big for its britches, as I know they give discounts all the time to the major builders, etc. But they seemed miffed when I sought it (but after the fact). Again, strange .........

Why did the associate give you the 10% discount in the first place? Are you military? Because that is the only reason I know that they give 10% discount.

Now, we were wrong for accusing you of doing something wrong by paying with the Lowes card unless the 10% discount was hinged on doing it all in cash.

It's very hard to understand what you wrote. I think you need to go back to grade school.

With that being said you need to get over yourself.

Like the person said below would you be so willing to give others a 10% discount when it came to you making money? You clearly did not qualify for the discount so DEAL.

Why do you feel entitled to 10% off in the first place???? Does your tenants who rent your duplex ask for a discount, would you give it to them.

I highly doubt it. So please step down from your pedestal.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Remodeling

Defective merchandise | Lowes review from Ocala, Florida

Update by user Apr 15, 2013

After weeks of arguing with both repair center and Lowes they both agreed to make good on their product, Lowes acknowledges that this incident should have never went this far and offered to repair with no questions, this incident could have been avoided by reviewing the repairman's findings which was all bogus, a drill is purchase for the purpose of conducting several projects to include drilling holes, setting screws etc. it is not purchased to sit on a shelf.

It has to have some cosmetic scratches and stains so next time a consumer request to simply just repair the *** chuck just do it and stop this *** unprofessional behavior which makes your company seem irresponsible to your customers, I want to thank Pissed Consumer for their assistance and the readers that supported me. Thank You

Original review posted by user Feb 19, 2013

On 11/25/2012 I purchased a Dewalt cordless drill from Lowe's for $100.63 at the time I thought it was a great deal considering it came with two batteries but unfortunately I had made a $100 mistake,shortly after using the drill a few times I noticed the chuck was slipping and eventually would not counter sink any screws at all. On 01/30/2013 I decided to send the item back to Lowe's per their instructions for repair after a couple of weeks of no contact from Lowe's I decided to call and they informed me they would be sending the drill back without repairs due to missing parts and wear, I decided I was going to get upset for no reason at all since it was all lies, the drill has no missing pieces the only thing wrong with it is the chuck in which I just wanted it replaced and as of the missing parts I did not think I needed to send the charger since there is no other issue with the drill but the chuck. I believe this is an outright rip-off with very little you can do about it, I called the Dewalt factory and they informed me the store was responsible for the drill due to it being less than 60 days since purchase, at this time I will further my complaint against Lowe's until someone listens. I have heard that this is not an isolated issue with Lowe's customer service.

What's wrong with weedeater. That's what we call them. or grass trimmer.

I bought a Dewalt cordless drill in the winter of last year. I began having the same problem you did.

I found my receipt and return it for a full refund. Only difference is it was Home Depot not Lowes. I have never had a problem returning anything to Home Depot. They even guarantee their plants you can't beat that deal.

My brother in law had a Lowes card and after they gave him a hard time about a *** eater he went to the customer service desk got the manager that refused to take back the (one use) *** eater (telling him to send it to the warranty repair) he cut up the card and told him where to put it. Lowes is not known for is customer service here in Jackson.

Anonymous+LadyScot=Ignorance...lol you can change your userid but you can't change your colors. you must be foaming at the bit since you have been cut off from the walmart pages.

all you do and have done is attack consumers. if you hate the customers that put money your pocket so much then get a job where you do not have to see, speak or deal with customers..if you can...hehe

Do you work in a retail store? I doubt it so im sure you have no idea how anything works.

Go work at a retail store for a week an then maybe you will understand . You people think you have everything figured out an your always right but most of the time thats not the case.

@Anonymous

Look I do not care about Lowe's or Dewalt they have more money than I do so that being the case I will try to protect my money just like they do. I am tired of hearing all of this bs about who is at fault and who is responsible all I know is that no store or manufacturer is going to rip me off without a FIGHT.

Everyday you hear about faulty merchandise sold and no one taking responsibility it is obvious that manufacturers are sh*tting all over us selling these cheaply made products and wanting us just to take it well I got news for you my friend I am not I want what I paid for, everything is more expensive today than it was a few years ago and yet it is of worse quality. I have purchase many items and a good portion of them have been returned due to faulty workmanship.

trimmers,stoves,refrigerators,washing machines,etc.etc. and you are telling me to deal with the manufacturer I don't think so.

You might have bought the product from lowes but lowes bought it from dewalt. Dewalt made the bad drill not Lowes.

So therefore u need to have a problem with dewalt. Its covered under a manufacture warranty not a lowes warranty. Why would it be lowes responsibility for 60 days that makes no sense. An the first time you said it was under 60 days an then in your comment you said 3 months.

3 months is 90 days not 60. So which one is it.

@Anonymous

You sound like an *** and you probably are one. I buy a product and it goes defective in 2 or 6 months it goes back to place of purchase you ***.

You buy a Ford vehicle from a dealer who do you take it too? The dealer *** not the manufacturer.

There is no need to deal with manufacturer unless you purchased directly so as for your idiotic comment I agree with popo56. ***

"I decided I was going to get upset for no reason at all since it was all lies," THIS MAKES YOU SOUND LIKE A TROLL. I would also like to point out no manufacture would say it was the stores responsibility.

I work for a similar store and the manufactures wants to deal with the customer when this type of situation occurs any repairs on it would be under the manufactures warranty.

Companies specifically tell my store not to return items have them call them so they can deal with the problem. If the store dealt with it it would just be a returned item that was defected out then the manufacture would cover the cost.

popo56
@Heartless

Should have been "not going to get upset" and if the item is under 3 months you pos it is the stores responsibilities, I did not buy the drill from Dewalt I bought it from Lowe's so f*&ck off you worthless pos.

View more comments (8)
Review

Horrible quality and don't give a *** attitude!!!! | Lowes review from Boston, Massachusetts

Bought a full house of indoor solid core doors, all came with wrong trim and the quality was so bad the installer had to disassemble and rebuild almost every unit.and replace trim. On the two outdoor units I bought the hinges rusted up in 3-4 months, they said I should have ordered stainless hinges.Who sells outdoor doors that rust off their hinges ??? When I asked them to warranty the hinges they just laughed.If you buy anything from lowes make sure it is a well known name and not a Lowes product.. Or just go to Home Depot.

So why didn't you buy the well known brand. You said it yourself, take your advice.

You probably would of bought the HD brand as well.

Heard of the saying,"you get what you pay for".

@hmmm

hey hmmmm still work for lowes

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes Window/Door Installation

Lowes Window/Door Installation
My husband and I had all new windows & doors, puchased at Lowes and installed by Lowes, put in our home approximately 2 years ago. ALL of the windows have condensation, which leaks onto our window sills, and all are drafty. ALL of the doors have horrible drafts and the windows within the doors have condensation and leak as well. You can actually see outside through one of the french doors we had installed. Despite attempting to contact the representative we worked with on several occasions, we never received a return call. I have since contacted the corporate office and I am awaiting a reply, if it ever comes. If you live in the Parkersburg area of WV, I would highly recommend you use some other company for the purchase and installation of windows and doors. It is ridiculous that we spent over $9000 on these windows and doors and instead of our utilities going down, as expected, they have actually increased. We would have been better off to keep the sliding glass doors and single pane windows we had prior to our purchase.

Try a professional installer next time. Installers at big box stores don't have the customer base to have their own business. That's why they rely on other sources to provide business.

Condensation is mainly caused due to excess humidity.Together with such clear explanations - it is a well-researched blog indeed! I hope to read more of your work in the future.Suggest you to meet window choice.

When did you report this to the store? The installers are required to give you a one year labor warranty from the time of installation.

I know that Lowes is only closed 2 days a year, so you should have been able to contact them SOMETIME within the warranty period.

Sounds a little fishy to me that it didn't happen the first year, but suddenly it does now.

@Truth

I tried to contact them on several occasions. I even went to the store and was told I would be contacted.

They didn't return my calls. I emailed and the guy said that he would call, but didn't.

I was pregnant at the time and both my parents were diagnosed with cancer during the year warranty period. After several attempts & giving birth & having a newborn, not to mention having to help my parents, I gave up for a while.

You need to check the humidity in your home. Condensation is caused by excess humidity in the home for the temperature outside.

There would could be a few reasons for condensation now when you didn't have it before. First is higher humidity which could be caused by a number of things. Second is that the windows could be more airtight and there is less air circulation past the glass.

Third is that you may have bought an inexpensive window that didn't have the insulation qualities of your old windows. My guess is that if you have problems with both the windows and doors you have too much humidity in the house.

Its time for people to learn that most of the contractors that they hire at Lowes and Depot are guys who cannot get their own business going. They pay half the going rate, and keep the other half.

Find yourself a good contractor and you will get what you pay for. Usually this is all an installation problem so it can be fixed, they just do not have the ability

@Paul-***tractor 30 years

That is one of the real issues. They contract with companies for cheap so the labor is cheap.

Hire a good contractor with good references

@Anonymous

The customer pays $99 for blinds to be installed but Lowes pays the installer $400 the store makes money on the product not the install. Also installers have to be insured and bonded for over a million

View more comments (7)
Lowes Installation
Tags
  • The Doors

Appliances | Lowes review from Fort Myers, Florida

I purchased an entire kitchen of appliances. The Stove, microwave, and diswasher were delivered but one hour and 30 minutes early with 5 minutes notice. Ok that worked but had to scramble to unhook stove and cord as delivery personnel were looking over my shoulder. Frig was supposed to be delivered in 2 weeks. Got a call 2 days later at 8:30 pm that the frig was going to be delivered the nest day between 12 and 2 pm. I turned off the water to the ice maker on my current frig and unhooked it from the water supply. At 1:30pm the next day. I checked my phone for calls. No messages but two handups from delivery company. So I called the delivery company and was told the frig did not come in and was not going to be delivered. I aske when and was told to call Lowes. Called lowes and talked to the manager and was told he had no info on the call but because it was their delivery company would accept the blame and after checking said the frig would arrive in 2 days. Waited 2 days and called for Lester the manager and he sent me to the appliance manager. He said the frig was due in a week and would call me the following week and confirm delivery. Guess what no call so called Lester. He said I am with a customer and will call you right back. Waited 2 hours and got a call from the appliance manager again. He said the frig would be in the following monday and would call for a Tuesday delivery. It is now Wednesday and no call. I have a commercial credit card from Lowes and have spent many $1000's of dollars with them on my 16 rental properties. They are idiots. Do not spend a dime at Lowes. My credit card is now chopped into little pieces.

Employent | Lowes review from Lancaster, Pennsylvania

I have worked for only two firms in lancaster,pa for a total of 40 yrs. I now find out that Lowes and other big companies feel Im to old to be of any help so I tell lancaster companies go to ***! My time has come to legally push issues with these firms,65 isnt that old I have many talents as do others my age just give us a chance!Im also a viet-nam veteran ,but it still didnt do me any good .9 times I was turned down by Lowes for a better and younger canidate, and the younger one stsys only for a short time ,but LOWES AND OTHER CORPS. DONT CARE JUST HIRE MORE
Senna

Johnyellets,

Feeling age discrimination can have a heavy sting. I work for Lowes as well, and I am 65. There are others where I work that are older than I am. It is not the company, it is the store. The company realizes that there is an advantage in hiring those of us over the age of 65...no insurance costs and we come from a generation that is on time and honest.

Don't let it get you down brother.

@Senna

Thanks Twowilies I needed that !

Bought on line, not available in store | Lowes review from Rosedale, New York

Was looking for a generator after Sandy. . .Lowes advertised a decent Generac on their website and said multiple were available in their Rosedale, New York store. . .I went ahead with the purchase and was fully charged within two minutes of hitting the submit button. . .received the usual your order is in process email and should be available for pickup in 20 minutes. . .well, waited two hours or so for another email to say come get your generator, however none received. . .called their 1-800-number to see what the deal was. . .nice lady on the phone got in touch with the store and came back to tell me their were no generators available. . .asked for immediate refund and was told that was not possible, I had to wait for the store to cancel my order sometime in the near future and then the bank would credit me back my money on their schedule. . . So Lowes sits on $700 of my money for a product they never intended to sell me. . .this is worse than a bait and switch. . .it's a major corporation swindling me out of money. . .