Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I am currently a Lowes employee looking for a new job. Just found out yesterday that it is against company policy to leave the building to take a break. If you think I am kidding you would be wrong. It is also against our company policy to chew gum or even just to...

Hi I was terminated yesterday because they claimed I was a no call no show on a day that I wasn’t even scheduled to work!!!

View more comments

Lowes review in Wyandotte, Michigan: Treated like a thief and liar in store

I have never been talked down to like I have when I went into the Southgate, MI Lowe's. I purchased a snow-blower off the website for pickup for my father's birthday. The site apparently has an error in the price, but I paid the actual amount which I have on my receipt and store pickup email but the Service Manager made me wait more than a half hour, then said I couldn't receive the item because of the error on the website. He was blatantly talking to me like I was a thief in front of a large group of associates. No, I didn't have the print outs when I went into the store, didn't think I'd need them. I then walked out after being treated like a thief and called customer service. The girl was awesome, treated me great, but still said I had to wait 24 hours for a call back. So now I'm sitting with a 900 dollar charge on my card, no snow blower and waiting for a random call. I have the printouts of the receipts with the 897 dollar charge and the credit card charge to prove that I paid the 897. I don't know why any manager would talk down to any customer for any reason.
Service
Lowes Manager
Loss

Lowes review in Las Vegas, Nevada: I WAS TOLD TO GO TO ***!!!!

On september 29th a repairman from (ABM APPLIANCE REPAIR) came to my home to look at my samsung washer that was leaking. i was told that my warranty will cover the man coming out. i had to call lowes once before with a problem with the samsung dryer. that was an ugly experience also with the same repair man. Upon fixing my washer he demanded i pay him $60.00 for him coming out. In the meentime i had called the ABM APPLIANCE REPAIR store to ask why i had to pay the man $60.00? during the conversation with ABM his boss waved the $60.00 fee. this upset the repairman so he decided to take it out on me! while he was working on the washer he had called me to come where he was working and when i went back to see what he needed, he totally ignored me and i tried to tell him where it started leaking and he pushed my hand away and told me not to tell him how to do his job. it just escalated from there. at the end of the whole mess, he ended up throwing a bunch of wet towels at me, as he was saying,"do not ever call in for repair service again because i will never come to this home again,.at that he shoved the clipboard in my stomach and told me to sign the paper. as he was leaving he threw a piece of rubber mat that i keep ontop my washer so no one scratches it, on the floor, he slammed my interior door so hard that he knocked my alarm system mechenisaim off the door, and he slammed the exterior door, (security screen door), that we had to kick it to get it to open. I am not mad at samsung or lowes really, just want to get it out there what kind of people lowes has to send out to peoples homes to repair things. this company is contracted through lowes. he is a very rude and sloopy repair man. I am 64 years old and i don't need this from anyone. maybe if i weren't so old, he would have needed to be repaired! janie from las vegas nv
Product
Lowes Warranty
Tags
  • repair man

Lowes negligence broke my toe

after over a month waiting to be settle, proving and given all receipts, lowes offer is way lower than our demand letter which what there offering is practically losss wages and are not considering my husbands pain, almost 4 months out of work, and medical expenses.......We thought lowes would be more accountable and step up for there negligence but now we will refer it to an attorney, I guess than they will say should of considered our offer.....lowes have the worse claims examiners because they dont communicate nor answer calls, with this happening to us we will never shop nor recommend this store anymore.

:cry :cry :cry

I'm sure Lowe's is shaking because of your demand letter! Their attorneys have probably reviewed your case and decided you don't have one.

That's why you haven't heard any response. Go try to scam somebody else!!

lowes has more money than you. Get an attorney and get it done correctly.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes did not install a range correctly

Lowes "professionals" installed an electric range for us just over a year ago. It is in a house where the range is not used very often. Just after the warranty for the range expired, the breaker started tripping whenever the oven was turned on. We called Lowes who sent a repairman out to investigate the problem. The repairman said that the range was not correctly installed - they did not tighten the bolts for the electrical which was causing the problem. It fried the entire electric block - he said its lucky we did not have a fire. When we went back to Lowes to discuss the installation, they told us that is should have been an issue during the warranty period and they would not cover the cost. The manager, Joe, was not at all apologetic and said there was nothing he could do. Too bad we own several rental properites - this was the first and last time I ever purchase appliances from Lowes. I should have stayed with Sears where the service is great.
Review

Lowes review in New Iberia, Louisiana: Three months ago bought flooring still not installed

purchased flooring on July 9th. The installation was done wrong. Have called customer service in New Mexico three times. Still no results. Have called Joplin Lowe's numerous times. Still no results. Have been making payments to Lowe's credit line. The payments were not to start until project was finished. However this is not the case. Ready to file lawsuit. May be only way i can get any results. This company has not fulfilled its obligations. I continue to always get broken verbal promises from those in management, and service. A suit seems like the only way to resolve this major issue. I've been done wrong and want this to be fixed.

that school is a joke

that school is a joke

View more comments (1)
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Treatment of Vet

Today I went to Lowes on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg Pa. I asked for a veteran discount and showed my DD-214 (discharge papers) and a document from the Veterans Administration showing that I am a disabled vet. Yet those documents and a drivers license were not enough to get a discount. Whatever they were looking for was not given to us in the 60's. Those 3 together are enough to get a vet into the American Legion and the VFW. Lowes will never see me again and I will discourage everyone I talk to about shopping there. I am - Tom Rizzutto 607 Bay Street, Mechanicsburg Pa 17050.

There seems to be a confusion about the Military discount policy at Lowes. As stated in the policy.

The year-round Military discount at Lowes is for Active Military, Immediate family of active military, retired military, and disabled veterans. Therefore the only IDs accepted per policy are VA cards, retired military cards, Valid active/dependant cards. As those are the only photo ids that are consistant with the policy. The discount is opened up to all veterans on other select times of the year i.e.

Memorial day weekend, veterans day weekend.

4th of July weekend and such. During those times a DD2 14 are accepted with a drivers license.

Mr. Rizzuto - I'm sorry for the disrespect you encountered both here on this forum and at Lowe's.

You see, anonymous cowards like RetailCop and Heartless need to feel like big men by posting insults to others. Imagine how petty and pathetic their lives are.

They are to be pitied. I for one thank you for your service and apologize that some of the people you fought to protect are total wastes.

Send me your receipt and I'll send you the $1.30 you would have saved.

*** you heartless. Your living because of vets. You need to be slapped in the face a few times.Hide behind a computer talking chit doesn't make you so special.

A DD-214 isn't an accepted form of proof. And the cashiers make far ABOVE minimum wage at Lowe's.

A DD 214 is not among the documents accepted for a vet's discount. I believe they accept a VA card or a military ID.

Thanks for your service; however, a cashier isn't going to break the rules and possibly lose their job for you can get a measly 10% discount. You follow rules in the military and in your job, right?

Voice of reason you're clearly a conservative. I suggest you look up Menards on here and see all the veteran cry about not getting a 10% discount at that store anymore.

Want to know why they don't offer it anymore A VOICE OF REASON CAME ALONG CALLED EQUAL RIGHTS. Veterans are no more special then any other working citizen including teachers/policemen/firefighters/doctors/janitors whoever else you want to thank for making this country what it is. Joining the military is nothing more then a career choice. My grandpa, my dad, my uncle, my other uncle who died in Vietnam and my brother are or have been in the military.

NONE OF THEM WOULD COME ON HERE AND CRY ABOUT A SILLY 10% discount.

They didn't join because they felt they should get special treatment afterwards. THEY LAUGH AT ALL THESE CLOWNS DISRESPECTING THE USA and there career choice.

I hope you are just trolling because that is really ***.

Oh my goodness. BETTER not go to Menards then because you will find out they don't even offer a veteran discount.

You want to know why? BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

Just because you chose a certain career does not mean you're entitled to certain discounts. Doctors/Teacher/Fire Fire fighters/ Policemen none of them get a discount and none of them cry about it, but the ex military cry about it 24/7 what a bunch of self entitled idiots.

View more comments (8)

Lowes review in Lehighton, Pennsylvania: Refund/return

today we bought a battery for our tractor that the salesperson said would work, unforntunately when we got it home it did not even fit. when he went to return it with the receipt, (approximately 1/2 hour may have passed) he was told they would only give store credit since he paid by check! this is ridiculous, the check was still there in the register, we had the receipt & the salesperson said it could be returned. Ready to scream! why do i have to get store credit? not happy with Lowe's, we will not buy much there anymore !

They could have given your check back to you as long as you wrote another check for the merchandise that was not returned. .

They gotta wait for the check to clear. This is standard practice.

Everyone does it. If you *gasp* read the receipt and return policy (crazy idea, I know,) it will say that you can get cash after a certain number of days has passed.

Not sure what that number is, but it says on the receipt. Again, don't say it's just Lowes that does that, because it's far from the truth.

View more comments (1)

LOWES REFUND POLICY

I have bought appliances, tile for my home, etc. Don't ever pay them anything in CASH !!! My return items were never opened - factory sealed amounting to $75.00 a very small amount compared to thousands spent in the past 6 months.. They expect me tp provide exact dates - only 3 maximum accepted in order for a refund - otherwise a store credit. These purchases were not made on one day... I will not be forced to purchase through a store credit! Regardless, I need appliances that will not be purchased again at Lowes.. Never had this problem at Home Depot! So don't pay them cash for anything!!!

To those who have never heard of it try MYLOWES..... unlike other store key chain cards MYLOWES is actually a benefit for this reason.

As long as you go online and register it(which takes 3 minutes) and have your cashier scan it each and every time you make a purchase it will keep a log of all your purchases. An online receipt if you will. There fore if you paid cash, it would show on there and you'd get your cash back.

period end of story.

It has other benefits. But as far as this issue is concerned, i think my reply is enough

How about providing receipts for the returns? If you paid cash, you receive cash back - issue resolved.

Only way this could happen is if you paid cash, didn't give a tel#, and tried to return items without a receipt. So you're unlucky, clueless, or a thief.

Since you say you spends $1000s at Lowes, unlucky is extremely, er, unlikely. If you're still following me, clueless is unlikely, too.

After all, your post uses good spelling and grammar, and this wouldn't happen if you're as dumb [oops, clueless] as you imply. So, sounds like to me you're a thief (or "scammer" if you prefer to obscure [look it up] what you are.

Go somewhere else then!!! Stop crying about a scam that didn't work!

Policies are in place for a reason. You need a MyLowe's card!!

Well said to the both of you!!! I work at lowes and my husband works for menards, and both places have the same policy!

we have ppl that come in and steal to get store credit so they can sell the gift card for cash, so grow up and get orginized. keep up with your reciepts,im sorry to say the dishonest ruin it for the rest of us

I have some news for you! Home Depot has the same policy for items without a receipt and so does my store Menards.

It's to protect against shoplifters who then try and return items for cash with out a receipt. You are now EDUCATED!

So you're mad because you don't get cash without a receipt? Is this a new revelation to you?

As long as you have a receipt or a telephone number to look up the order, then you shouldn't have this problem.

Grow a brain, bro. Home Depot would do the exact same thing.

View more comments (6)

Lowes review in Simpsonville, Kentucky: Lowe's Delivery LIES

I purchased a GE dryer for a friend's B-day at Lowe's Home Centers - 501 S. Hurstbourne PKWY - Louisville, KY. The purchase was made on Thursday 9/13. My friend was called to receive the delivery of the dryer between 8:00AM and 12:00PM on 9/14. My friend stayed home from work in order to accept the delivery. Lowe's did not deliver the appliance as scheduled nor did they call to say they would not be making the delivery. It is now 4:00PM Saturday 9/15/12 and my friend still has not received the dryer purchased on Thursday at 01:09 PM. They advertise Free Delivery of appliances I was told within 24 hours. I have been lied to and I am very UPSET!!!