Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in New Iberia, Louisiana: Three months ago bought flooring still not installed

purchased flooring on July 9th. The installation was done wrong. Have called customer service in New Mexico three times. Still no results. Have called Joplin Lowe's numerous times. Still no results. Have been making payments to Lowe's credit line. The payments were not to start until project was finished. However this is not the case. Ready to file lawsuit. May be only way i can get any results. This company has not fulfilled its obligations. I continue to always get broken verbal promises from those in management, and service. A suit seems like the only way to resolve this major issue. I've been done wrong and want this to be fixed.

that school is a joke

that school is a joke

Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Treatment of Vet

Today I went to Lowes on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg Pa. I asked for a veteran discount and showed my DD-214 (discharge papers) and a document from the Veterans Administration showing that I am a disabled vet. Yet those documents and a drivers license were not enough to get a discount. Whatever they were looking for was not given to us in the 60's. Those 3 together are enough to get a vet into the American Legion and the VFW. Lowes will never see me again and I will discourage everyone I talk to about shopping there. I am - Tom Rizzutto 607 Bay Street, Mechanicsburg Pa 17050.

There seems to be a confusion about the Military discount policy at Lowes. As stated in the policy.

The year-round Military discount at Lowes is for Active Military, Immediate family of active military, retired military, and disabled veterans. Therefore the only IDs accepted per policy are VA cards, retired military cards, Valid active/dependant cards. As those are the only photo ids that are consistant with the policy. The discount is opened up to all veterans on other select times of the year i.e.

Memorial day weekend, veterans day weekend.

4th of July weekend and such. During those times a DD2 14 are accepted with a drivers license.

Mr. Rizzuto - I'm sorry for the disrespect you encountered both here on this forum and at Lowe's.

You see, anonymous cowards like RetailCop and Heartless need to feel like big men by posting insults to others. Imagine how petty and pathetic their lives are.

They are to be pitied. I for one thank you for your service and apologize that some of the people you fought to protect are total wastes.

Send me your receipt and I'll send you the $1.30 you would have saved.

*** you heartless. Your living because of vets. You need to be slapped in the face a few times.Hide behind a computer talking chit doesn't make you so special.

A DD-214 isn't an accepted form of proof. And the cashiers make far ABOVE minimum wage at Lowe's.

A DD 214 is not among the documents accepted for a vet's discount. I believe they accept a VA card or a military ID.

Thanks for your service; however, a cashier isn't going to break the rules and possibly lose their job for you can get a measly 10% discount. You follow rules in the military and in your job, right?

Voice of reason you're clearly a conservative. I suggest you look up Menards on here and see all the veteran cry about not getting a 10% discount at that store anymore.

Want to know why they don't offer it anymore A VOICE OF REASON CAME ALONG CALLED EQUAL RIGHTS. Veterans are no more special then any other working citizen including teachers/policemen/firefighters/doctors/janitors whoever else you want to thank for making this country what it is. Joining the military is nothing more then a career choice. My grandpa, my dad, my uncle, my other uncle who died in Vietnam and my brother are or have been in the military.

NONE OF THEM WOULD COME ON HERE AND CRY ABOUT A SILLY 10% discount.

They didn't join because they felt they should get special treatment afterwards. THEY LAUGH AT ALL THESE CLOWNS DISRESPECTING THE USA and there career choice.

I hope you are just trolling because that is really ***.

Oh my goodness. BETTER not go to Menards then because you will find out they don't even offer a veteran discount.

You want to know why? BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL.

Just because you chose a certain career does not mean you're entitled to certain discounts. Doctors/Teacher/Fire Fire fighters/ Policemen none of them get a discount and none of them cry about it, but the ex military cry about it 24/7 what a bunch of self entitled idiots.

View more comments (8)

Lowes review in Lehighton, Pennsylvania: Refund/return

today we bought a battery for our tractor that the salesperson said would work, unforntunately when we got it home it did not even fit. when he went to return it with the receipt, (approximately 1/2 hour may have passed) he was told they would only give store credit since he paid by check! this is ridiculous, the check was still there in the register, we had the receipt & the salesperson said it could be returned. Ready to scream! why do i have to get store credit? not happy with Lowe's, we will not buy much there anymore !

They could have given your check back to you as long as you wrote another check for the merchandise that was not returned. .

They gotta wait for the check to clear. This is standard practice.

Everyone does it. If you *gasp* read the receipt and return policy (crazy idea, I know,) it will say that you can get cash after a certain number of days has passed.

Not sure what that number is, but it says on the receipt. Again, don't say it's just Lowes that does that, because it's far from the truth.

LOWES REFUND POLICY

I have bought appliances, tile for my home, etc. Don't ever pay them anything in CASH !!! My return items were never opened - factory sealed amounting to $75.00 a very small amount compared to thousands spent in the past 6 months.. They expect me tp provide exact dates - only 3 maximum accepted in order for a refund - otherwise a store credit. These purchases were not made on one day... I will not be forced to purchase through a store credit! Regardless, I need appliances that will not be purchased again at Lowes.. Never had this problem at Home Depot! So don't pay them cash for anything!!!

To those who have never heard of it try MYLOWES..... unlike other store key chain cards MYLOWES is actually a benefit for this reason.

As long as you go online and register it(which takes 3 minutes) and have your cashier scan it each and every time you make a purchase it will keep a log of all your purchases. An online receipt if you will. There fore if you paid cash, it would show on there and you'd get your cash back.

period end of story.

It has other benefits. But as far as this issue is concerned, i think my reply is enough

How about providing receipts for the returns? If you paid cash, you receive cash back - issue resolved.

Only way this could happen is if you paid cash, didn't give a tel#, and tried to return items without a receipt. So you're unlucky, clueless, or a thief.

Since you say you spends $1000s at Lowes, unlucky is extremely, er, unlikely. If you're still following me, clueless is unlikely, too.

After all, your post uses good spelling and grammar, and this wouldn't happen if you're as dumb [oops, clueless] as you imply. So, sounds like to me you're a thief (or "scammer" if you prefer to obscure [look it up] what you are.

Go somewhere else then!!! Stop crying about a scam that didn't work!

Policies are in place for a reason. You need a MyLowe's card!!

Well said to the both of you!!! I work at lowes and my husband works for menards, and both places have the same policy!

we have ppl that come in and steal to get store credit so they can sell the gift card for cash, so grow up and get orginized. keep up with your reciepts,im sorry to say the dishonest ruin it for the rest of us

I have some news for you! Home Depot has the same policy for items without a receipt and so does my store Menards.

It's to protect against shoplifters who then try and return items for cash with out a receipt. You are now EDUCATED!

So you're mad because you don't get cash without a receipt? Is this a new revelation to you?

As long as you have a receipt or a telephone number to look up the order, then you shouldn't have this problem.

Grow a brain, bro. Home Depot would do the exact same thing.

View more comments (6)

Lowes review in Simpsonville, Kentucky: Lowe's Delivery LIES

I purchased a GE dryer for a friend's B-day at Lowe's Home Centers - 501 S. Hurstbourne PKWY - Louisville, KY. The purchase was made on Thursday 9/13. My friend was called to receive the delivery of the dryer between 8:00AM and 12:00PM on 9/14. My friend stayed home from work in order to accept the delivery. Lowe's did not deliver the appliance as scheduled nor did they call to say they would not be making the delivery. It is now 4:00PM Saturday 9/15/12 and my friend still has not received the dryer purchased on Thursday at 01:09 PM. They advertise Free Delivery of appliances I was told within 24 hours. I have been lied to and I am very UPSET!!!

Lowes in Norton/Wise Va

I was attempting to build an addition onto my mother-in-laws house. My first trip to Lowes in Norton Va I had a list of item needed to frame the addition. I went to the project desk with my list. After waiting for about 10 minutes a lady showed up. Looked at my list and said I needed to go to lumber. After chasing an employee in the lumber section I was told to go to the project desk. I was then told to go to the commercial desk. Then told I was not a commercial customer. Go to the front registers. A young lady that did not know a screwdriver from a cinder block tried to help but she did not have a clue. After several in house phone calls, which went unanswered. Another lady tried to help. The items were delivered in 5 days. Even though the items were on the receipt, the order was by far incorrect. I made another 30 mile trip to the store. Had a list of what was incorrect and everything else I needed. I had a few 2x4s and subflooring on a cart that I needed right away. The rest was to be delivered. Went to the registers at the lumber yard section. A customer was at the commercial register and another at the other register. After standing for over 5 minutes the guy at the commercial desk finished and left. I moved to that register. Was told I would have to go back to the other register. Went back. After 10 more minutes the customer at the register got frustrated and left, He had been waiting 15 minutes for a price on a box of nails. I steps to the register, told the clerk I also had an order to be delivered, handed him my list. He rang up what was on my cart. Handed back my list and told my I had to go the the commercial register for a delivery. They would also pull up my cart items. Stand in line again. Finally got the clerk to punch in my order. Gave me a total, I asked if that included what was on my cart. NO, I would have to pay for that at the other register. At this point I just wanted to finish and go home. Asked when the delivery would be. TWO WEEKS. I said that was not acceptable, is that the absolute best they could do. Without even looking up the clerk says. THAT'S HOW IT IS. Frustrated beyond belief I said that will not work. Guess I will have to go somewhere else. The clerk looked me and snidely commented "THAT WILL WORK TOO". It was all I could do to not grab him be the hair and bash his face into the counter. Needless to say where I'll NEVER shop again!!!!!!

Do you need a babysitter at the grocery store too? Maybe you should have planned better?

You should have called to find out the lead time on deliveries for that store. They do have other customers you know. Go somewhere else then!!

It's people like you that make retail suck! Plan accordingly and don't expect miracles.

Welcome to Lowes! One bunch of idiots supervised by another group of fools.

Minimum wage help gets minimum wage answers. No one gives a *** anymore!

Lowes review in Fairfield, California: Terrible Customer Service

Our experience with Lowes is by far the most horrible experience of spending our money to buy something from a retail store. We placed an order for a counter top that the store is running a special on. Right off the bat the problem started filing up. We were told that after we pay the down payment we would receive a call from the vendor within two days to schedule the measurement. We waited for week but no call from Lowes or the vendor. So after a week of waiting we decided to call Lowes to see what the hold up is. Sure enough after we called the store, they told us that the paper work was sent to the wrong vendor. Fast forward to the scheduled date, the vendor told us that we are getting a different product than the one that we ordered. We stopped by the store, to tell the person why the vendor is telling us something different than the one that we are quoted for… So after all that has been said and done, we were back from square one of getting a new price because one of them screwed up the order. We were told that he (store personnel) has to talk to the vendor blah, blah, blah. So he told us we have to come back AGAIN for the revised work order. So we came back and paid for the entire amount. A few days after the vendor called us to schedule the install date. We then asked the vendor of what we are getting, guess what!? We were AGAIN getting something different from the one that we were told that we were going to get. Needless to say we were back to calling the vendor, the store, the vendor, then the store again. Nobody knows squat! We pretty much talked to everyone in the store but the customers. Nobody knows squat! I am getting frustrated just by writing this review, so I better stop. By the way, the credit card bill came on time. I can't believe there is a department there called CUSTOMER CARE!.

Truth hurts, doesn't it??

@ RetailCop

The website is pissed consumer fool! Get a life!

Was it the vendor who made the error? I hate to tell you, life isn't perfect and *** happens.

Stop crying!! Just another self entitled consumer.

gain minimum wage help strikes. One group of fools contacting another group of fools. Then the circus plays on and screw the customer!

View more comments (3)

Lowes review in Greensboro, North Carolina: Bad string trimmer

It depends in which store you shop at no how you are treated. I am on my 2nd bad *** eater. This is Huskvarna worked great the first 2 months then started blowing oil out the exhaust like a sieve. The store manager said without the receipt there was nothing they could do but send it off an I would be stuck with the bill. The person in front of me came in to return some paint an told them he had no receipt an he was told thats ok just go back an get what you want. Why one is ok an then something else not to say the least I am pissed. The store in question is on Hanes Blvd in Winston Salem. Its good to know that Home depot is across the street cause it looks like I will be trading with them from now on. An all of my freinds are going to know an anyone else for that matter. John Everhart

the manager at that store lied. granted their return policy on gas power equipment is 30 days (on receipt) that trimmer is covered under manufacture warranty for at least a year and lowe's can have it repaired at no cost to you.

and in worst case i guarantee their vendor would give them credit on it so you could get a new one.

if you came to my store we would have done it, 2 months is ridiculous. nothing a call to corporate cant fix

Loss

Lowes review in Rochester, New York: Lowe's destroyed the floor in our new home, no resolution a year later

Over a year ago we purchased a Samsung washer and dryer on a Friday from our local Lowe's store. At the time of purchase we told them that we did not want delivery until the following weekend after we had moved in. The salesman slotted us for a delivery 8 days from the time of purchase. The day before the scheduled delivery I called the store as it was late in the afternoon and I had not heard from them to confirm that the washer and dryer were going to be delivered the following morning. At this point I was informed that they had over sold the washer and dryers due to the state incentive and the sale price. The best guess on when more inventory would arrive was 6-8 weeks out. I stated this was unacceptable as we are in a new house with no washer or dryer with 3 children and that we had purchased these a week ago. After over an hour and a half of talking to people at the store they agreed to deliver the floor model they had. No discount was allowed for doing this. Delivery was scheduled for Saturday morning and finally mid-afternoon the delivery truck appeared in our driveway and the washer and dryer were delivered. Upon attempting to hook up the drain hose for the washer the delivery person realized that there was not one installed on the machine. At this point, while missing a family function due to their tardiness, we contacted the store and the solution was for the delivery team to come back Sunday morning with a hose from another floor model (another Samsung, but not the same model). Low and behold they did not show up until mid to late afternoon on Sunday and when the hose was attached and they tested the washing machine it failed resulting in significant water leaking from the machine. Enough water leaked out to cover our laundry area and most of our kitchen and then ran through heat runs popping one loose from the floor joist) and the furnace and also into the basement over our main panel box, water heater, and water softener. At this point I insisted the washer and dryer be removed from the house and was informed they would upgrade us to the next model up and deliver those floor models the next morning. I took the day off from work and finally our new house had a washer and dryer by lunchtime on Monday. At this point we started the claim process for the damage the water caused and a year later all we have is a ton of wasted time, a quote from their adjuster that does not include things like labor, removing appliances that are on the floor, etc and a floor in our new home that is buckled and needs to still be replaced. I just got off the phone with them yet again with a "promise" someone would be contacting me within two business days, shall I hold my breath?

There is NO WAY this is true!! Unless...

A)The water sat for months or B)Your entire house was flooded with no way for the water to escape. I doubt either are true!!

The reason nobody has contacted you is because there is no validity to your claim! Try again!!

You know if you sre not recording the calls then its what ever they say is true

Loss

Lowes: incompetent handling of carpet sale & install

MAny problems started with purchase: was set to pay during tax-free weekend but they didn't get necessary detail from installer so said would take projected savings off price of carpet when they put sale through. They messed that up & when I pointed it out, tried to mollify me by saying they'd give me $50 off next purchase - I had to point out that the savings was >$130 so that wasn't acceptable. Then kept putting me off about when they'd refund me the extra charge. The installation: installer didn't call in 48hrs they claimed would (took 6 days even after I spoke w supervisor). When they finally did call, gave story of injured employee -reason they couldn't install for another 2 wks. So 3 wks wait for carpet order, now another 3 for install. Called Lowes to ask for another installer/earlier date. They called offering an install w 1/2 day's notice (due to a cancellation) but wasn't possible since that's not enough time to pack everything/prepare for install. Then after I had to follow up yet again, was offered a date that I accepted & verified w Lowes - altho' installer didn't return calls I left for them (a fact I told Lowes when verifying). I spent 1 1/2 days from that time packing & moving things then get call from Lowes the afternoon before the date telling me the install was cancelled bc I had "refused" their time slot (bull). Clearly, there was a problem w the installer but instead of owning it & trying to address it professionally, Jo Walsh of the install dept thought it a good idea to blame the customer & tell me "how it was going to be": that I would just have to wait for the original installer who could now not do the job for another 3 wks. !!!!! These people are phenomenally unprofessional, incompetent and rude. I'd have to add idiotic and lacking in basic customer service skills as well (esp. since the asst. mgr I reported this to didn't even apologize, just agreed to refund my > $2 600 for the project).

at least you were able to get a refund! We contracted with Lowe's to replace our siding..our old siding had waving and rippling in spots.

They sent 2 proj mgrs out to quote it and look at what the current siding was doing. We ended up picking out a siding we were told would correct the problem and paid for the siding and the install 17K to be exact. This was 6 months ago...the problem was not corrected...we now have a mix of 2 diff types of siding on the house...and both are waving and rippling. Installers came thru our walls in 3 diff spots, put nails in the roof when they sided the chimney, and have sided a window completely shut!

We have now been passed thru to lowe's legal dept who are truly worse than dealing with the store employees! they are now requiring more money for a diff type of siding and are asking us to sign a document that will remove the warranty and guarantee from the siding they recommend..this has been going on since June when the store mgr was informed the original siding did not work..and we are not in mid Sept with no resolution. Lowe's is beyond incompetent in the install world. they need to get out of it..they don't stnad behind the work they do or the products they install.

They do not spend enough time training their salespeople or their proj mgrs for these big projects and then won't stand behind them when customers are dissatified. Right now I would give just about anything to have my old siding bakc on the house and my 17K.

Service