Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Buffalo, New York: Lowe's sold a ceiling fan(made by Litex) with a bad bearing! 199.00 makes loud ticking noise!

Had an home addition added on for more room, and wanted a ceiling fan mounted by an electrician who was doing work for us. The fan looked great and worked great for about a year, then this ticking noise started and it kept getting louder and louder, till finally we could not stand it anymore. Now that it has been about two years, we have a very nice looking fan that ticks loudly when used! I have installed 100.00 fans myself and 30 years later....still working and quiet! Lowe's and Litex industries keep blaming each other, I guess thats the new game! 199.00 dollars , would you buy anything from Lowe's or Litex? To manufacture a fan with a bad bearing, not recalling them and pretend that every thing is OK, is not the way to run a any company. With all the companiess that are closing, and they remain open?

I installed four fans last year. Two of them are now ticking. Glad I found this info as I won't now waste a Lot of time trying to figure out what's causing the ticking.

You need to be fully aware that Lowe's is just the retailer, not the manufacturer. Lowe's uses Litex Industries as one of their VENDORS for some of their Harbor Breeze and Allen+Roth ceiling fans.

To make things far more complicated, Litex then uses Bid-to-Low-Cost factories to manufacture their fans, which they later sell to Lowe's for their two private label brands (Harbor Breeze and Allen+Roth). If you need help with any of their fans, you need to contact the toll-free number that's listed on the label on top of the fan's motor housing or the Owner's Manual, that's the first step which will lead you to the right path. If the bearings are bad which is rare, but it tends to happen if the parts use for the assembly are cheaper than dirt, and knowing Litex I'm sure they are, you need to take your complaint with Litex Industries. The motor is warranty to the Original Purchaser for their lifetime period.

Meaning if you are the original purchaser and the ceiling fan was initially installed in your property, it's covered by the years of life you have remaining. That's what "Lifetime warranty" means in the ceiling fan industry.

How dare Lowe's employees not inspect each of the 40,000 products they stock!!! Shame on them!!

Grow up sir!!!

It's because the fan is a Chinese piece of ***. Don't support companies that import 95% of their items from China.

Go to a small, locally owned shop and buy a fan made in the US. You might pay a bit more but it won't *** out after a year.

John N

You have a manufacturer's warranty. They fix any problems, not Lowes.

If the warranty is expired, just buy a new fan and go from there. You have no cause to blame Lowes.

You have to understand the warranties have a time limit on them. You expect too much.

@John N

The Harbor Breese is made by Litex Industries has a limited lifetime waranty. If you saved your instruction manual you can read what is / isnot covered.

if you didnot save it, then go to www.LitexCeilingFans.com and download a copy of it.

You need the model number off the top of the ceiling fan in order to get the correct .pdf file. If I was you , I would continue to stay ontop of Litex in order to get a replacement Ceiling Fan.

Loss

Lowes review in Anchorage, Alaska: Customer Care Sucks

2 months after we bought a frigidaire dishwasher from Lowes we noticed our flooring next to the machine bubbling up. It turned out that the dishwasher had been leaking all along. Lowes sent out a tech who found a crack under the float. Ever since then we have been on a wild goose chase between Lowes customer care and frigidaire. The service is unbelievably bad. Every time we call Lowes, we have to explain our situation to a new rep who doesn't know anything, supervisors are exactly the same. We will never go to Lowes again and pass the word around.
Chantele

Very similar thing happened to me too, mine was a loose nut, my insurance company determined that it was faulty installation which destroyed my kitchen see review #393565. Insurance company suing for reimbursement. Lowe's will have nothing to do with us, Niblock will not return any of my emails and Lowe's Facebook blocked me and my family from posting there because we were posting pictures and videos.

2-11-12 lowes sales staff stopped caring about you and your whining ***. Frigidaire build the ruddy piece of garbage anyway and you being tight opted for it. cut *** in the floor under it and let the water drain out under your trailer

"RetailCop" and "hot in la" Lowes employees who are working hard for their Manager Master for their next .15 cent raise.

:zzz :zzz :zzz :grin :grin :grin

Pass the word!!! Who cares??

Lowe's does not manufacture a single product in the store! Grow up and take the necessary steps...Or buy a different brand.

The problem is not Lowe's, it's Frigidaire. They build them in Mexico.

After seven days, your warranty goes to the manufacturer on ALL Appliances. (read the big sign as you walk in),

View more comments (4)

Lowes review in Miami, Florida: Lowe's Isle Police Enforcement

On Friday at 18:00 or around so, a customer walks into lowes directly to the hoses department. Immediately after a customer representative approaches (Sara) asking me if I needed to locate an Item. (Senator L. was around) After a few minutes and well after looking at several long poked up hoses, I decide to walk to the rope department only to find out my sunglasses were missing. As I return looking for them, the manager immediately eyes in on me and begins to do a suspicious follow, only before an employee had already begun. I walked to the front desk asking for a kind CSR by the name of S., while they were completely busy shuffling customer calls and their routine. Turned around myself and looked for S. Found her asked to help me locate them, manager again with a (this man has done something in the store) look. So I asked S. to help me find them, and once I did, the manager was behind me looking for them too. I said here they are. Then after so, a woman on the last back isle looked at me from so far back while I showed my sunglasses saying to her, I found them, I know you are watching, and proceeded to the rope isle. Upon arriving a short woman CSR had already been following to ask me if I needed help. In which I said thanks Im good. She did not proceed to her tasks, chores, but turned around walked a few steps turned back to face me and got on the phone several times, 3 to 5, calling, voicing a CSR for assistance, help or to follow up on the (Checking the customer out). As I continued looking at ropes, I couldnt but tell that she was still near me for another 2 minutes facing me directly, to where I asked her get me your manager immediately and with the Policestate emotion, courage and dedication, paged the manager so professionally, it seems there was no nervousness to her, as if they had trained for a good part of their pre-hire employment. Gilbert, the manager approached and I said it seems she is following me around, to where he said, no sir, we are just trying to make sure you are getting the right help and so on, the CS BS. So I let it go and proceeded on choosing one of several ropes, colors, sizes, lengths and suddenly an ocean, a wave, a storm of CSR stormed into the isle asking me if I needed help, putting up a ladder to bring down items, I believe 2 to 3 individuals asked me if I needed help, knowing well that the short woman was nearby, it is her department to take care of, and I had already been asked several times. So I continued on and although self-evident of the policing of the isles, I walked from the back of the isle to the rope section again to see if anyone was following and there was a CSR at the Blinds/Rear section of the store who greeted me, and I proceeded forward to once again go to the hoses section. By this time I had lost focus into what I needed to get, only to realize I was only in fact getting away from them as pests. So I walked continuously to the front, on the rear of the cash registers just to walk out of the store. At this point I did not notice anyone at all following me, but as a precaution once past the second door of the exit I turned around behind the trash can, crouched, tied my laces, looked back onto the window of the sliding doors to see immediately two faces appearing, looking out, looking for someone and immediately after making eye contact with me they turned around fast and walked away. They looked away immediately, I walked back into the store, asked short A. what she was doing and she said she wasnt following. At this point the story of the manager was false, they in fact are policing the store, policing me for some reason, which I wasnt told what it was, and felt like I needed to walk out of the store or buy something. .G. the manager was asked into this, explained twice and he played the game of we are just here to help you out. I explained in detail how the 2 mere initial incidents drove me to think that it was just ok, let it go, let it slide, then to explain the walk-out look-back incident where he completely denied it by saing, they were sent outside to do a cart run. Looking back, they didnt pick up any carts, since the two CSRs walked immediately back in having them both in my eye-sight for the next 10 minutes. Called the local police department, which said call the Sheriffs, called the Sheriffs dept, and asked me to call the police depatment once again. Reached the local number, got 3 units, one of them walked out and approached me where he said, if they had said anything, I said they were chasing me out the door, and I asked the manager why, the manager denied such incident. The officer immediately said "Well sir, we cant file a report, there is no such thing as filing a customer harrasment report." Without any help for the customer. Instead desiring the opposite. Read the officers tag, J.G. thanked him for stopping by, turned around and said I'll take it up with Lowes Corporate and the Sheriffs. Sheriffs department said to take it up with the Supervisor at the PD. In the end, the 19:00 incident did not have a report, additionally the manager spent about 10 minutes speaking with the officers to where I added to the Sheriff saying so what is this, a customer complaints and its not possible, but if there is shoplifting an entity proceeds, hard with penalties, so its totalitarian, its not balancing. Hung up with the Sheriffs office, the two units drove off, one unit stayed at the parking lot. About 5 minutes later, I approached the officer asking if the otheres had written a report, saying he did not know, he did not talk to anyone, take it up with Management or Supervisor or someone. I drove off. 19:30 end.

With that many customer service reps available, you surely were not at a Lowes store. Perhaps they were following you because you had a "kick me" sign on your back.

John N

I think you forgot to take your meds today. Do so immediately, you are making a fool of yourself.

WOW!!

Most of your post made absolutely no sense...

It was relatively hard to even get through...

Your complaint is about being "customer serviced to death"? Lucky you. Your obviously one of those people that have nothing better to do than look for drama. Good luck.

There is something fishy in your story. I fine it hard to believe that so many employees didn't have anything better to do, than follow you around the store for such a long period of time, for no reason.

Maybe you were some how or another acting suspicious. Or maybe you looked similar to a former customer that had done some shoplifting at a prior time.

However, I would never dream of calling law enforcement because I thought I was being treated UNFAIRLY. It isn't as if you were being physically injured or attacked.

golly, where is this Lowes? This is a store I need to shop.

I have never even had anyone around to help me when I need it. I say you were lucky to have that much attention.

golly, where is this Lowes? This is a store I need to shop.

Review

Lowes changes grout from laticrete to Mapai

I just learned that lowes changed brands for flooring products from Laticrete to Mapai. as much as this doesn't sound like a big deal. I got screwed. I ran out of grout during a 900sf tile project. Went back to lowes to pick up more grout and learned they don't carry the Laticrete product line any more. There is no direct cross reference from Laticrete Mocha to Mapai brand. Lowes could of told me they were doing this two weeks ago When I bought the remaining bags of Mocha Laticrete. but they didn't. So I purchased the 3 bags they had, thinking I can come back and get more as needed. Now I'm Screwed. Lowes cannot (or will not) order me laticrete 1500 sanded grout. apparently Laticrete bought back all of lowes supply from their stores.. what sucks about this , I now have to order the product on-line and pay 16 dollars in shipping for a 13 dollar bag of grout...#lowessucks! if they would of told me this (which I'm sure they knew) two weeks ago when I made my color choice I would of went to Home Depot and bought the Mapai brand to start. Lowes flooring department is bogus!!! don't use them... -d

They do not tell all sales employee's of such events usually, they find out day of some times. so don't take it out on them, and second off they usually always tell you to OVER buy and return then to just assume you got enough.....

Did it occur to you that maybe the sales person that was helping you at the time of purchase didn't know that they were switching over.

View more comments (1)

Lowes review in Tampa, Florida: Lowe’s is cheating on the extended warranty

Lowe's Store is cheating on the extended warranty to the customers is not worth the paper it is written on, I porches a lawn mower and a 3 years Extended warranty in Lowe's store after two years of use my machine stop working I check the basics on my mower before contact Lowe's extended warranty and after more than a hour with the customer's service I ending with nothing to solve my problem they say they could not find any records under the my name or recipe. Do not buy warranty with this company is not worth it.
Alan C

Congratulations! Your lawn mower has a 2-year warranty and you purchased year 3!

Brilliant! Motors last 10 years. Compounding matters is that the company you purchased the plan with no longer does Lowes plans - so customer support would be exceedingly tough.

Good luck. Next time, stop listening to retail clerks.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes dishwasher parts extinct

I bought a high end Bosch dishwasher 4 and a half years ago. The extended warranty ran out half a year back and now the dishwasher is broken. The piece I need to fix it is no longer sold, not by Lowe's not by any parts supplier online. Apparently Bosch stopped making the part so the dishwasher is on its way to the dump. Parts are supposed to be available for appliances for 10-15 years. Lacking a part that should sell for less than ten bucks has turned a thousand dollar machine into a piece of rubbish. Really? Wouldn't one think that Lowes would contract with their suppliers to maintain the products they sell?

Why are you blaming Lowes? The didn't make the dishwasher. Your complaint should be with Bosch.

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Per Federal law, repair parts are supposed to be available for a period of at least five years after the model has been discontinued. CC a copy of your complaint letter to the manufacturer to put some hot coals under their feet.

View more comments (1)
Review

You reallyl have to work to get your military discount at Lowes

I am retired Air Force. Lowes has the policy of not giving a military discount unless a supervisor is called to verify the ID card. I have waited in excess of five minutes several times for a supervisor to come to the checkout line. I'm waiting, the customers behind me are waiting, all this because they can not trust their employees to verify this. You go to Home Depot, they look at your ID card, ring you up and you are out the door. I'm thinking that Lowes has this policy to deter veterans from asking for the discount.

Frankly I refuse to nickel and dime the privilege but lately it seems like even when I wait until I have an order over 50 bucks its almost a hassle for them to give the discount. Holding up a line for upwards of 10 minutes is unacceptable IMHO and every time I have asked for my discount in the past few months I wind up telling them to forget it.

its not worth it because of the time it takes. The feeling of irritation and agitation from the people waiting in line behind me isn't worth it. Bad on you Lowes. It seems you don't really want to give this discount to us anymore, you just can't stop it without public outcry.

I think I'm done with you for a while. Home depot or mom and pop hardware for me.

A manager must give an approval for any military discount. Regular sales and cashiers cannot approve any discount unless its a Lowes credit card promotional discount of 5%... So if the store is busy, it can take managers a few minutes to make their way to the register for the approval.

Oh for Pete's sake. I'm retired military, and work for Lowe's. That store most likley has a reason for this. In non-military areas, the check a little bit harder. You'd be amazed at what some people will try.

I've seen DOD civilians try to use a DAC card, for the discount. People wearing pawn shop purchased ACU's, their VA card etc.

The discount is only given to CURRENT Active Guard, Active Reserve, Active Duty and retirees with DDForm 2A.

Try getting the discount at Wal-Mart, or better yet most other retailers.

GET OVER IT

Never had a problem with Lowes in Gastonia or Belmont NC. The manager used to approve the discount, but they stopped that long ago.

The clerks take a quick look and thats all thats needed. Lowes is super.

The verification is to protect the discount from being abused by people other than yourself. It wouldn't be much of an honor or discount if everyone got it, right?

Sorry you had to wait on the override. What a terrible manager that must be.

He should have known that you were going to be shopping that day. I'd call his boss and have him fired for not anticipating your arrival at the register.

Ok sooo I finally picked the perfect pink for my girl bedroom and was taking the paint cans up to the register to pay, when my mom reminded me that lowes offers a military discount. So I asked for military discount, the lady at the register said they do offer it but it needs manager approval, I said okay.

A few seconds later the manager, who was sitting at the end of the next counter reading a magazine was there holding her card out to scan for approval.

She could have said nothing and all would be fine, instead she said with hella attitude "ugggh I swear sometimes I wanna just put up a sign that says do not enter my line if you want a military discount or expect to wait fifteen minutes until I'm not busy" I was like okay that was rude, I'm sorry I interupted your magazine reading. My husband, my brothers and my mother all proudly serve their country...maybe next time there is some kind of emergency she should be standing at the front of the lines to see what it feels like to protect and serve with no respect

Lowes review in Franklin, Tennessee: Trimmer

purchase a gas trimmer from lowes and lost the receipt. they will not take any product after 30 days. called husqvarna, they gave me a place to go to 1 hr from my house. if they think i messed it up they are going to charge me. lowes is saying its not their problem and husqarna is saying this too. mean while i have grass thats 3 ft tall and a 200.00 trimmer thats useless. went to a company in franklin and they told me lowes is hard to work with so they stop servcing those trimmers. so my advise- dont buy a husqarna product because they dont stand behind their stuff and dont buy any thing from lowes. ever!!!!

and its Lowes problem that you lost the receipt .

Review
I had been a Lowes customer and recently purchased a large number of stuff from Lowes (cash) ... I went to return a few items - requested Lowes associate to give me a store credit as I was going to buy some more stuff. My return was declined. Called customer service...

Same thing happened to me today. The returns clerk scanned all the items I was returning.

I didn't have a receipt since it has never been a problem returning things I bought to many of which I do all the time so that if I'm on a job I make sure I buy anything that I might need so I don't have to make another trip to lowes. They scanned everything then my drivers license and then a receipt printed out that said I need a receipt for all of the items I was returning.

I guess I will be shopping at Home Depot or Menards from now on. I've spent to much money at lowes over the years to be treated like that.

View more comments
Review

Lowes fired me based on others lies

I was fired from lowes after 7yrs.I was a dept manager and was accussed of being dishonest.They had a snack machine giving 2 for 1 price .Turned into ASM,said not lowes problem.Thers were many people getting 2 for one but I was the only one fired,because someone said I filled a cake carrier with about 15 items.Which was bull****.The HR had it out for me cause I refused to tattle on other employees,I can.t see how I could be fired for a machine not even belonging to them,this is bull

Maybe you were fired because it shows you are a dishonest leader!!!!!!!! :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh

Service