Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes - Bad Business Practice

I purchased a Troy Built lawn mower in November of 2011 from Lowes in Boise, Idaho and used it once. I then put it away per the instruction that came with it. The next spring it would not start. I contacted Lowes but all they do is tell me that the 30 days are up since I bought it and there is nothing they are willing to do. I think they need to take down their "customer satisfaction" slogan since they don't stand behind it. I have purchased quite a few appliances from them and now fear that no help will be available even though I purchased extended warrenties. Also, trying to contact the manufacture seems to also be a nightmare. I guess I just purchased a boat anchor. They love to take your money but it stops there.
IHateStupidCustomers

you're a ***. Lowe's will cover you on the products that you purchased if you purchased the extended warranties.

but it sounds like you didn't purchase one on the lawn mower. how do you expect a store to stay in business if they buy products from manufacturers to sell and then also have the responsibility of replacing it?? that's why they have extended warranties so you're paying them extra money and giving them extra profit so they can stay in business AND protect your product. but I guess you're one of those *** that think just because you bought something, that store created it.

I guess since Walmart sells Pepsi, they create the Pepsi in a little factory behind the store. losers like you are annoying because you get pissed over nothing, all because you're too dumb to understand how the retail word works.

nikalseyn

I would think Troy Bilt has a one year warranty, but I could be mistaken. Your owner's manual will contain the terms of a warranty. They are the one's to contact, not Lowe's. Lowe's did not build the thing and has no repairmen anyway. The manufacturer does.

There are any number of reasons the mower would not start after sitting all winter: 1. If battery assist, a dead battery? 2. Did you put Sta-bil into the gas tank and run it 10 minutes before storing it? 3. Was the air cleaner clogged?

You did not give us much info on what kind of mower or the symptoms experienced when attempting to start it.

As an aside: Troy-Bilt is really not the best mower. Try a John Deere for the top of the line in both tractor mowers and push mowers. Troy-Bilt is now owned by MTD who also owns Cub Cadet and Bolens. They used to be a good company and dependable machine, but when they went bust and were bought by MTD they got caught up in the MTD bureaucracy and I can believe how frustrating you can get trying to get them to do anything for you or anyone. They really don't care anymore and have ruined a good brand. Good luck. And buy a Deere!

Lowes unreliable

ordered a weber grill from the lowes website for delivery to my local store. Lowes "customer service" says its at the store, the store says they don't have it. They have my money and I have been waiting three weeks for the grill. I checked the website and if I order another grill to day it will be ready for pick up July 14th. the clerk at the store said they should have my grill in by the 15th. So, the clerks, the website and customer service all have no idea of what they are doing. Thanks for wasting my time lowes!

I ordered Weber grill on June 24th 2014. ...Lowes lost it....

Than gave me a story about a Longshoremen strike......Its now September 16th and still no weber grill!!! What a joke...their customer service the department person and store manager are very unprofessional.

big ben

dont ever buy off the internet. customer service people are in an office and dont know whats goin on.

if you bought it from a person than they could have helped you. return it

Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Lowe's vendor lost our 16 foot retractable awning!

My husband and I ordered a retractable awning for our back porch on June 6th from Lowe's. We were told it would take two weeks to be made and be ready for pickup at the store. We waited until one day after the due date and called just to be told they hadn't started producing it yet. It was supposed to be delivered today, June 29, nine days late. Today we found out that they lost it! Lowe's brushes us off, the delivery company (R+L Carriers) brushes us off and Awntech (the manufacturer) brushes us off. Nobody knows where our $1,300 16 foot awning is. Could be in Texas, could be in Ohio. They don't know. They don't seem to wonder why we're so upset. Now we have to wait the weekend to see if they can even find it. I've asked Lowe's for compensation but the manager never offered voluntarily and really wouldn't talk about it. Don't buy anything big from Lowe's or Awntech or use R+L Carriers. I'll be dealing with Home Depot. Oh, and it also took five cashiers to figure out how to place an order for this awning when we first went to the store. Hey Lowe's.....how many cashiers does it take to ring up one awning? Stumped....huh? That's okay.....they don't know either. Seriously, what kind of business ethics is Lowe's trying to carry on. The manager told me this is just the way "corporate America " is now. Well, if it is, they won't be getting anymore of our money. Be cautions at Lowe's.

Lowes in Poughkeepsie, New York - Upset

I purched a GE washer paid over $400.00. The washer started by making a flute kind of noise every now and then that the super cycle was used. I call to schedule a service call and of course the man that came to look at it didn't know what to look for becuase the washer did not make the noise. The second time it happen I opened the from ot the machine and recorded the noise and I notice that the soap was coming out close to where the belt is so I took pictures. when the service company came out again I showed him the pics. and he heard the noise that I recorde and of corse he still did not know what the problem was. But he said that he was going to order a (washer water level sensor) because he thought that was the reason the soap was coming out. But 15-20 minutes later he left I tried to do a load and the machine did not agitate nor spin I called the person back and he told me he was going to try to go back he though this time was the motor. Never came back never called me back I call them they said that instead they were going to call lowes advantage to approve of a buyout meaning replacing the machine because the motor was too expensive and buying a new machine was cheaper. 5 days later Lowes denied the claim because apparently the service company wrote on their report that there was no problems found with the washer. I am so pessed off because they didn't even looked at the machine after it stopped agitating nor spinning. Now a third service call have come out of pocket to see what is really going on with the washer. I paying for extended warranty service I have paid from my money for them to come out luckily it will be a different company, not Manassas Appliace (703-369-3114) they don't know what they are doing.

It lookes like your problem is with the service company NOT lowes.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Change in minimum payment

I had a Lowes credit card but never used it. I was given the 5% discount on whatever I purchased at Lowes. My stove went out and I purchased one with a total of $400.00. Minimum payment was $15.00, so I paid $30. Their interest rate are 24.99%. I wanted to pay this off as soon as possible. I made the $30.00 payment for 3 months. My next bill stated my "minimum payment" was now $25.00 per month! Lowes raised my minimum payment to keep me from paying off the balance quickly. When I called their office and asked about it, I was told "they had a meeting" and decided to change the payment amount, however, Lowes fail to tell me about it and I but none of their other customers!
GECapitalCares

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 072012_pc_Anonymous**

We would like to look into this issue. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Capital

Lowes @ store level has nothing to do with raising payments or anything to do with credit changes. That's all the credit centers doing. U must have other purchases you made and increased ur balance therfore increasing ur minimum payment.

IHateStupidCustomers

if your next bill stated that the minimum was raised then obviously they did tell you. and why is a $25 minimum too much if you were already paying $30 anyway?

So you want to pay it off as quickly as possible, so you make $30 payments? Why not make $100 or $200 payments then?

How does raising your minimum payment keep you from paying off the purchase quickly? Raising your minimum payment will force you to pay it off more quickly and pay less interest.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Antioch, California - Management Crooks

Robert Taylor is one of the managers at Lowes Antioch,Ca..Off Lonetree.. I need to post the fact that this guy hired me to correct a green mess in his personal in ground swimming pool. After 6 to8 weeks of hard labor and chemicals, I turn in my bill and this guy straight up looks at me and said. " I didn't hire you". WHAT ??? What else needs to be said? This guy is a straight out CROOK... I saw him today while at Lowes and when I asked him for my $$$$ he threatens to have me thrown out. ..Now ain't that a kick in the teeth. I'll write this guy off but if your from this area.....Be warned....It all comes full circle.. May be not today ...but it is commin......

Lowes in Wytheville, VA

I recently received by Vet ID card from the Virginia DMV. I checked the link on the DMV website of stores in town that offer discounts to vets and Lowes was listed as offering a 10% discount. I went to Lowes and made a $400 purchase. When I checked out I was told by the 18 or 19 year old "customer service" girl that Lowes did not honor my ID card. I stated that I would just pay, planning to later speak to the store manager. This teenager continued to argue with me even after I told her that I did not wish to argue with her. She acted like she wanted to get the last word!!! Whoever trained or manages this kid must not have told her that she is NOT to argue with a customer. I later asked to speak with the manager only to find out the he was just another kid...about 24 years old and the assistant manager. I asked to speak with the real store manager but was told I would have to come back the next day before 5:00 when he works. It appears that Lowes only hires kids and then gives them little or no training in customer service. This will be my L A S T trip to Lowes. In my opinion there is bad customer service, especially at this store. store. From now on I will spend my money at Home Depot!

Let me explain the Military Discount.

IT IS ONLY OFFERED TO MILITARY ID CARD HOLDERS, ACTIVE, RESERVE, OR RETIRED, and their ID CARD HOLDING FAMILY MEMBERS for personal purchases only.

THE ONLY TIME A DD214 can be used (indicating Honorable Discharge) is on specified Holidays. (Memorial, Veteran's, and July 4th)

Just because the State DMV put your vet status on your Driver's License means nothing.

They do not honor my DD214

next time try your dd-214 or mil. ID or a retrired mil.

ID card. works for me every time

IHateStupidCustomers

maybe the DMV hasn't updated their site to not include Lowe's? and if you think a 24 year old is a kid then a 15 year old must be a baby.

nikalseyn

JP Morgan Chase had a manager who wanted to argue with me a couple of years ago after I asked why they didn't open more teller windows. If that's the kind of people, especially managers, they hire, then do as I did----go elsewhere.

As you stated, Home Depot is a viable alternative. In my case, I cancelled all my accounts, closed out two CDs early(with a penalty)and went to a local credit union.

View more comments (4)
Product
Lowes Website

LOWES STINKS!

Ordered from Lowes. I did Overnight Shipping....its been 6 days... and im still waiting. Called customer service and my order hasnt even been shipped yet!!! I told them i want the money for overnight shipping back - they said thats fine and they will call me in 2 business days to go over my order....whats to go over??? i ordered 2 rugs...and ive been waiting and now i have to wait 2 more days for Lowes to get their stuff togehter....its ridiculous. this was my first and last time ordering from Lowes.com. never again will i order frm them and i would NEVER tell anyone to order from them.

Vieew "Lowes forklift tradgedy on you tube" then tell this family not to blame lowes. Feel so sorry for this family. Lowes does stink!

When you special order something it is not lowes who makes it and ships it if they don't have it in stock its the vendors fault if they don't ship it or it takes too long do not blame lowes(the middle man) for the vendors or distribution center mistakes or delays. Lowes does however hold the responsibility of calling the vendor getting an estimated date of shipping/arrival and call you to let u know if there will be a delay.

Then you can decide if u want to change ur mind and cancel the order. Simple

Service
Lowes Shipping Service
Loss

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's is dumb!

It was sometime last year in 2011 when my fiancee and I went to Lowe's in New Hudson MI for the first time since we'd moved to the area. We were looking to purchase a heating element for our hot water tank. We were in the plumbing dept. when we were approached by an employee. He came over with a greeting and was nice enough but when we asked if he could assist us in finding our part his reply was " Actually I don't know that much about water heaters and I don't think anybody else working tonight would know either."
big ben

That person probably knew a lot about his area of expertise. Not plumbing.

Atleast he tried. Quit whining. Go to Home Depot. Lowes doesnt staff enough people.

They will not listen or fix this problem so dont waste your breathe.

Just shop somewhere else. No one Cares!!!

IHateStupidCustomers

well at least they were honest with you instead of lying. oh and by the way, you and your fiance are dumb.

Sounds about right. It's a major chain retail store. They don't hire professionals in the trade BECAUSE THEY MAKE MORE MONEY ACTUALLY DOING IT.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Bellevue, Washington - Epic Failure For Pool Products 4 Less

We ordered a simple filter, called numerous times and we get a voicemail then to live chat, "doris" gives us bogus tracking numbers and tells us we can not track our order until after 6pm. We called, left a stern voicemail I get on Chat with "Doris" and tell her my order # and she gives me the correct tracking number finally! would rather pay double at Lowes than dealing with thier ***! still do not have our filter. Also we paid for the priority mail and it is now coming in UPS almost two weeks later. This business is horrible!