Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

LOWES MT DORA FL

MY WIFE NEEDED A PIECE OF PLY WOOD 24X36 THEY SELL THIS PIECE ALREADY CUT.THE MAN AT LOWES CUT THIS OUT OF A SHEET AND MADE HER TAKE THE REST WITH HER AND PAID FOR A WHOLE SHEET WTF.MABY BECAUSE SHES A WOMEN OR HISPANIC ILL BE AT LOWES TONIGHT I HOPE THIS MAN IS THERE IF NOT ILL TALK TO A MANAGER .IF IT WILL DO ANY GOOD SCREW LOWES IM GOING BACK TO HOME DEPOT OR 84 LUMBER .I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY AT LOWES BUT NOW ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG .I WILL GET YOUR JOB ***

what are you retarded? first of all i know for a fact that they dont sell that size plywood.

and of course they made her pay for a full sheet, they dont sell anything by the square foot.

i think youre probably the only person who bitched about such a trivial thing. btw nice job bringing up the race card ya ***.

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Lowe's Sucky Customer Service

I went to Lowe's earlier today to get a box of ceramic wall tiles. I try going through the Self Checkout because my 2 year old was being a nightmare and I didn't want to wait in line. I picked up the HEAVY box (80 tiles) out of my cart, and the scanner scans the wrong barcode, so it says 'Unidentified Item'. There is an employee monitoring the self checkout lanes and he is standing there talking to a friend. He looks at me standing there several times before I finally had to ask him to come help me. He picks the box back up to scan the right barcode, then pretty much DROPS the box on the floor. You could hear at least 10 tiles breaking. He looked at me and said "Whoops, guess you better go get another box" and walks off! He also told me to take the broken box back with me and put it back on the shelf. The tile aisle is in the VERY back of the store. Of course didn't take the broken box back with me and it was still sitting on the floor when I got back up to the front of the store with the new box of tiles, and he was standing there talking to his friend again. If I wasn't so in a hurry to leave I would have asked to speak with a supervisor. He should have been the one to get me a new box, or at least paged another employee to do it. That behavior was extremely rude and I plan on making all my purchases elsewhere.

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Employment at Lowe's

I was an employee at Lowe's. I have a bad back. When my back started acting up, I asked to take a leave of absence because I was no longer able to do the job because of my back. They agreed to this, so I started my leave of absence. Next thing I know, I'm no longer employed at Lowe's. When I inquired about it, I was told that part time employees were not allowed leaves of absence. Well, why did you tell me I could take one if that's your policy. Honestly, Lowe's is a very bad place to work. Personally, I hope they go bankrupt.

Mr. or Mrs. Lowe's,

You are some kind of Hippocrates. Being an ASM you are fully aware of the line that is drawn in Lowe's by the fundamental attitude of the upper management to our employees. If you refuse to admit it exists, then you are a perfect example of why there is a negative response by so many employees.

Years ago it was rare to have an employee complain about pay being unfair for their work requirements. This was because we would hire individuals based, truly on their ability to explain and the knowledge they could offer. Our Sale's team was, until 6 years ago, more respected and encouraged to perform than the department Manager or team lead. The reason is because we held a greater value on being a truly sales oriented culture.

We wanted and needed individuals who could work with multiple vendors, be responsible for everything with that area of the department while the other individuals were responsible for support and over all stock product. These individuals were called "specialist" for a reason and often made more than the lower manager positions as well as some upper (dependant on location and store) because we all relied on them. They would only be responsible to answer to the Sales Mg. Ops. Mg. or Store Mgr. Lowe's as a "family" culture was able to experience far more employee and vendor satisfaction then it currently rates. Once we adopted the "Dictator Mg Style" it has been unavoidably on a decline. We simply can't offer our customers the same type of service, without having a willingness to lean on and support and properly manage individuals whom are able to develop relationships with customers and have the motivation (spiffs and or bonus), freedom (no pressure from employees to keep them from customer tasks), and respect they all deserve.

Upper management will continue to sacrifice customer focus for their bonus because our system is no longer a "checks and balances" system in order to promote the best overall business satisfaction. This new direction seems terrific on paper, however, having so few individuals decide what is best for every store in every culture (Dictatorship not Leadership) is stripping us of our overall appreciation to the communities we service.

So, here's a suggestion, next time you are in you "upper" mangment meeting, try to convince yourselves that the store would end up fuctioning better if we actually filled every spot that is alocated by your matrix. STOP cutting out the man hours to help your bonus. One day there will be a return of a concept where we had to release 3/4s of all store managment because of the addiction that they had developed in sacrificing customer service for there "Fake earned" bonus. I would completely support that to occure again. as well as the reversal of this new failed focus to better our numbers at our slacking on our customers. We continue to digg *** that we may not be able to climb out of.

The negativity that some of you guys have is unreal. If you are that unsatisfied with your job find a new one lowes did not come looking for you you came looking for lowes.be thankful and greatful you have a job and are able to work.

I am an asm and i have been through every position and if your not succeeding its something your doing not the company. Everything begins on the frontlines and has an impact on tje business it makes me sad to see so much negativity and you blame everyone but yourself take a step back and look in the miror and make a difference instead of being the one in the break room gossiping. Be a part of the solution not the problem.

Things could always be a lot worse and you need to understand that we all have oppurtunity we are human not robots so dont set your expextations to perfect. Look at what your team does not what they dont do.

@lowes

Terrible grammar and punctuation. This is the epitome of the type of people Lowe's deems fit for promotion.

@lowes

I did get a new job. Now I'm making more than you scrub ASMs.

@lowes

Reasons the people may be unsatisfied with there jobs and complaining. Well maybe they love where they work and they want to make a difference.

And maybe the feel the ASM is not meeting there standards. And they would like you to remove yourself from the company. So they can have an excellent work environment. Free from a managers that fail.

And you are not being a solution when you are posting on here.

This is gossiping. And yes you to have contributed.

@lowes

But when the people in the "clique" that are not as qualified get the positions it's a little hard to handle. Especially when it happens over and over again in all departments. They are taking food out of my kids mouth, Would be one thing is it was just me saying it but when the majority of the store thinks it should have been me it's a little hard to give a rats *** about this place.

@lowes

I to am a lowes employee and a lot of the times the Ams don't do anything but sit in there office and ride there employees *** just to see how far they can push before they quit. Well u got one man doing the job of 4 MEN that's why LOWES employees moral is down

Actually Part time employees dont really have any rights, it doesnt matter who the employer is. If you take a personal and not a medical leave, they can let you go. (its different from state to state as well)

I believe one should always call the HR department and get clarification before they make any move that affects their livelihood

whater

Those of you claiming Lowes is cutting "high" earners in favor of lower paid employees are wrong. Under the new pay rate advisor lowes is paying more to employees in the way of compensation based on experience related to the position.

Lowes former pay was decided on a pay scale and where a manager wanted to put you on that pay scale. Lowe' s as a company has made starting salaries much more favorable to experienced candidates.

Lowe's is a speciality retailer looking to attract 'qualified' applicants for specialty positons who can address customer needs and support a selling culture. Those who complain about this usually have little experience related to the position and little work background related to the field, therefore are compensated fairly.

@A Man Who Knows

I dont know what store you work at but at my store there are new employees with no experience who are starting out making more than people who have been there... same position...

for years. I have been a dept. manager for over 3 years & a part-time person was made the full-time LNS, with no experience, has been employeed in this store for 1/4 of the time I have been there & is making more than. 50/ hour than I am.

Oh... and for the past 2 years I have been the only dept mgr. for all 5 depts in zone 3. Fair?

Legal? I'm gonna find out!!

@Anonymous

That's because you need to quit and get rehired to go through the pay rate advisor. Another possibility is to stop being negative and sour, get promoted and be put through the pay rate advisor.

With an attitude like that you should go work for someone else.

We are all spread thin, suck it up and get paid more. It's simple.

@randy

I'm curious as to the attitude you are referring too? If some one expressing concern for the unfair treatment, he or she, may have received and your response is advising someone to quit and get rehired; how are you able to maintain a positive support focus for our customers?

Contrary to your advise, we encourage employees to voice their concerns so we can be actively involved in helping support a work place with a better morale for everyone. We can't help if we are never informed.

the return policy stinks.. you steal stuff then return it to a different store and get a merchandise card.

then sell it for 50 or 60 % cash value...scums are making thousands a week doing this. lowes wont let us stop then,, in most cases they even know their names

I am very happy you can figure the math out. I have check stubs to prove my claim.

Yes it is 43k a year 40hr weeks are 39 as you should know. I was a zone or asm for 3 years and know the pay scale well. I started in 2000 at close to 30k. Worked into a dept manager then to zone.

stepped down from zone to specialist. Company plant or not. I do a job the company sees value and pays me what I am worth for the job. Onto the next part.

Yes I agree the high earners will be phased out. You are 100% right with the claim. I will likely be canned someday in the future but for now I will continue to take their money and do my job. When the day comes that they fire me for making too much money I will walk out gladly and then will sue the pants off of the company for wrongful dismissal.

There are laws against that type of thing. Would be like firing me for being of a race they dont like. From what I am seeing though they are making where people just want to quit.

Sadly this will only effect their precious *** wall street pigs when the customers go back to the ma and pop stores for knowledge as the drooling *** kids making 8 bucks an hour stand there with blank faces knowing nothing... So yeah call me a plant but this plant has deep roots and am gonna hold out as long as I can.....

13 years, you are full of something or your a company plant, $22 an hour would equate to 45K a year ( 40 hour week X 52 weeks), not even an MOD makes that, Assistant manager start at 30-35K depending on the location. Lowes plan for the next five years is to phase out half of its full time employees on the selling floor ( most notably the higher earners, $12-14 per hour) and replace them with part timers ( no benefits to pay out), this is not a made up thing, it was approved by senior management and the shareholders, also there was a Lowes press release and a an article in Business-week in Jan or Feb of 2011.

@Former Lowes Employee

Wrong maybe they tell you they make 35k but I am an ASM at lowes and my base salary is 67k with a 30percent bonus on my salary for hitting sales goals plus my benifits are amazing so you obviously didnt ask for enough money are were not worth it.

@Company Man

This is basically the only accurate post on this wall...

I'm not sure why this site censored my post. I didn't say anything obscene...

Lowe's won't allow me to leave work for a short time to have a surgery. So screw them. Even Walmart of all places let me leave for a week and a half when I wanted to visit family.

Lowe's sucks. They have no idea how to take care of their good employees

Lowe's won't allow me to *** for a surgery. *** them.

Even Walmart of all places let me *** a week and a half when I wanted to visit family. Lowe's sucks.

Sorry to hear about your back and lowes is not working with you....Found this video on you tube called LOWES FORKLIFT TRAGEDY(full version)....you might find it interesting to know that lowes has caused problems for other people as well..good luck with your back..hope things work out better for you than they did for this family..

Reality,

Brown noser? I think not I however do belive in working for what I am paid.

I have with the exception of the last 3 years always gotten a 4% raise. Since I am capped in my position only been getting 2%. *** you say? I have pay stubs to support my claims on here.

As for a union? You have to be out of your mind, Put a union in so we have to support people who dont want to work? Demand excessive this or that. Do it or we strike.

Dont get me wrong union workers there was a time and a place that the unions were needed but not here. Perfect physically fit perfect people? I have a smoked back and to bad rotators but they have not cast me out.

They have always worked with my issues and have never been rude. Get your facts straight bitterman.

lol Reality, despite your belief regarding wages you're wrong. I'm located in New England not New Jersey, and I broke the 20 barrier within 2 years of joining the company.

It's not brown nosing either, it's called negotiating salary every time you start working for a company, and negotiating every time you get promoted. Which for the people you know isn't a factor as FSA's typically stay as FSA's

13 years. Do you serious expect anybody to believe the line of *** that you spewed out.

22 bucks an hour and 13 years service. I know people who have worked for Lowes with twice those years and do not make near that money. Your nose must be a brown one. Vinceapple is another victim of Lowes policies.

The specific policy being " we only want perfect physically fit people. All others need not apply".

Lowes employee needs a Union to protect them, not more brown nosers, of which they have plenty of. Clearly, 13 years is a Lowes troll on this site.

For 13 years they have paid me well and the incentives are better then any retailer I know. I have 3 weeks paid vaca 4 floating holidays, dental, medical, vision and sick time.

Im making a bit over 22 bucks an hour. No where else in this moment in time can come close.. Do I like everything? No but when I need them my company is there.

Sick? No problem. Funeral Your paid. Injury?

we got it covered. Need a day off or out early? You got it. When they need me Im there.

No lowes is not where I want to be forever but i these times she is my refuge in a terrible rocky job market. Sorry you obviously were not able to give to receive..

View more comments (24)

Lowes in Chattanooga, Tennessee - Lowe' does not give veterans a 10% discount

I showed my DD 214 to the cashier, along with my drivers license and she refused to give the discount, I ask for the manager and he agreeded with her and refused the discount. I then went to Home Depot and made my purchase and received the discount. Lowe's needs to quit their false advertising, they don't give discount's to veterans. Veterans need to patronize HOME DEPOT. Lowe's offers discount's to the general public but refuses the veterans. Some companies have a weird perception of patronism and LOWES seems to be one of those companies and HOME DEPOT is the opposite.

I am a veteran, I served 8 years in the military. I took my dd214 to lowes customer service. The man working there added it to "my lowes" and now I get 10% discount even with online sales.

Lowes only gives military discount if they feel like it. My hometown Lowes takes my DD214 no questions asked.

I come to Zepharhills Florida and refuse and said that's the way it is from corporate.

Lowes treats veterans like they are nobody. I will shop some place else even if its higher because they treat me right

hoceze

You have to have a photo military ID. Anyone can go on the Internet and print off a DD214 and put their personal information into it and show their drivers license.

The DD214s are only accepted on certain holidays that are posted.

We give the discount to all veterans whether they show a DD214 or whatever as long as it shows they were in the military.

The store I work at is the same way. You have to have a military ID, not a DD-214. We have it clearly posted at all registers.

As Ron said, you need a military ID. Says it right on everything they advertise with a military discount.

As far as the creepo depot goes, I've known of retired vets who get sent away and told there is no military discount at all there. So, different places do military discounts differently at the store level.

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes in Seekonk Massachusetts screwed me.

Lowes in Seekonk Massachusetts managed by David Thompson sold me 13 scissor trusses which I paid $873.29 in full and ordered after getting there quote. A week later when I expected the ordered to be delivered I receive a call form them telling me the trusses will cost me $400.00 more. When I told them they have set back my job a week and cannot change a price for a product after its been paid for I was told that they will not deliver my order unless I pay more. They gave me my money back and I called another company and told them what lowes did and they sold me the trusses for 109.00 less then the original price I paid at Lowes.I spend tens of thousands of dollars on materials every year and will never buy materials at lowes again. This is the second time they screwed me. I still have a $500.00 window they sent me that was wrong and they refused to take it back. Take my advise and order nothing from Lowes..

View lowes forklift tragedy--posted on you tube

Everyone spends tens of thousands of dollars each year and then on an 900 dollar problem all bets are off. Lowes cannot refuse a refund by policy by the way.

Take the window back and demand the store manager he is the only one who can say no in the building. Once he says no then ask for his or her market directors number.

They will refund it then. You wont have to call the market director just ask for their number.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Darlington, South Carolina - They did not deliver my mower on the day promised.

I bought a mower two weeks ahead of the delivery date so I could get it delivered in the morning. ( I work Evenings). When I didnt get it that morning I called And was told it was on the afternoon delivery truck. Needless to say I sit home eight hours went to work two hours late and still no mower. They promised it tomorrow but I'm not counting on it.I spend a lot of money at lowes but I think that is going to stop real quick, Home depot does a much better job. I am real pissed.

They delivered on here today...$3000 John Deere, Only problem is it RUSTED. They delivered a piece of junk they are trying to unload out of storage

If Depot does a better job why didnt you buy the mower there?

Until people start cancelling their orders when they don't get their deliveries on time, Lowes will do nothing.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes customer service incompetence and lies

My GE oven melted during a selfcleaning. I was given an appointment for Monday afternoon. Lowes, and their contracted agency A& E confirmed several times a technition would be at my home by 5 pm. I was called at the end of the day to tell me they are overbooked and unable to send a technition. Despite several promises they would in fact be here or I would recieve a call in several minutes from a technition, that never arrived. I spoke with managers and executive assistants all of whom were patroniziing and ineffectual. I highly recommend people avoid shopping at LOWES, this is the worse customer service I have ever experienced.

Lowes - Lowe's Newton NJ Management Sucks

I recently got married to my wife and received gift cards to Lowe's to design our new kitchen. When we asked the designer what we needed to do, all he said was fill out the design brochure with measurements. We gladly complied to this and returned with the measurements. These measurements included the measurement of our appliances. He designed our kitchen and ordered it. After discounts and gift cards, we were left with about $3,200. Four weeks later we received our cabinets. A few weeks later we got someone to install the cabinets, cheaper then what Lowe's would charge us. I gutted my kitchen; appliances, cabinets, floor and all. I installed a bran new hard wood floor and then got ready to install the new cabinets. My installer wanted to know why my fridge was 33' wide and the over the fridge cabinet was 30'. This cabinet was supposed to be big enough for my fridge and few extra inches for a "standard size fridge", I was told by the designer. The designer said that he would order a 36" over the fridge cabinet and replace three other cabinets now that they would stick out past the wall. He charged them to my lowes card and promised that the would come off later. I was told that he would put a rush on it for 7 to 10 days. 10 days later, no cabinets. Now told it would be three weeks. About the same time as a regular. Complained to the manager and he said that he didn't understand what the problem was and then told me that it was my fault because of my measurements. (?) I complained to KraftMaid and the could care less. After receiving my new set of 4 cabinets, I looked them over to find out the two out of four were correct. Two cabinets were shrunk in width and the lengthened in height. Time for another complaint. Now, these new cabinets take 5 weeks to come in. I'm told that they are customed maid in a shop by elves. (?) These two cabinets were charged to an in house Lowe's card. I am told that replacement's should be charged to an in house account. Two and a half months later my kitchen is done and now I am over charged on my Lowe's card. Two managers and they can't figure out what the problem is after five days of working on the problem. I am told what he can *** the receipt, but that is it. He can not tell me how much the kitchen cabinets cost now and how much I owe after paying $900 to the Lowe's card. Newton NJ Lowe's Store and Management sucks. The are retarded and don't know the left from right. You should at least know what is going on and have some sense of what is going on. I will respect what you can and can not do, but not that you are retarded and can't comprehend what the problem is. Fix the problem. Lowe's Corportate Office just forward your emails and phone calls to the local store. Then the store manager respond's with "I don't understand and don't know what I should do." When I tell my story to others, I am asked what the designers name is from Lowe's that desinged our cabinets. I tell them that his name is Russ and I get and oh "I have heard his name and this isn't the first time he has screwed up." This was heard from three people. One of these three people works fro KraftMaid. Other's just say that Newton NJ Lowe's screws up on cabinets all the time. They have no back up plan for when they screw and believe that it is never them.

Please...nothing but problems. I ordered siding from Lowes.

It wasn't until after the installer started putting it on my house that we realized it was the wrong style. The best part is that the salesman took it upon himself to write the (incorrect) style on his copy of the executed contract and order accordingly. Was originally given an ETA of 4 weeks. It has been 10 days, and the only updates I get are when I call to follow up.

You are right about corporate. They got the assistant manager of the local store involved, which has proven to be little help. No follow up from corporate, either. I was offered a "deep discount" to keep what was delivered.

And hate my house every time I pulled in the driveway? No way. Plus, I had to argue to get gutters put back on my house, after my basement flooded.

As I said, nothing but problems. I am done with Lowes.

Sorry about your problems. Kraftmaid is so wonderful that they changed their policy about quick shipping replacement cabinets.

If they mess up they will expidite the pieces if the designer messes up they will not. Had this happen a couple months ago myself. Customer changed his mind on a corner cabinet decided they wanted the fully loaded model once the empty one arrived. I reordered customer paid the extra and kraftmaid gave me a 6 week lead time.

since the kitchen was ripped out I called kraftmaid service and got a rude lady who told me the policy changed and she cant help. I climbed to my rep and then his boss and got 2 weeks shaved off of the order but beware if you need something that is not their fault it will take full order time. As far as Russ I cant say he is a bad guy as I dont know him but what I do know is I was told a monkey could run the design computers when they cut our sales incentive. Perhaps he was tossed into the department after the real designer told the company to suck it.

Russ is likely poorly trained if he recieved any training at all.

They killed the training program 7 years ago and everything is done on a training computer most unhelpful.

Good luck to you sir. I'm sorry that the company has put a black mark on what should be a joyful time in your life.

View more comments (1)

Where is it made! Lowes!

I've been on line researching a patio bench from Lowes. Do you think I could find any info on where the product was made. Of course not, probably just China, cheap is money in their pocket. BTW, there was no place that you could email a complaint unless you signed in. I don't want to be a customer so hopefully more people will see this complaint! I am so tired of supporting an industrial nation that doesn't support us. We need world trade but let's trade with people that are willing to trade back with us.

Anyone know how pay rate advisor works? Been a dept mgr 4 years over toe depts, recently found out others who were promoted a yr and half ago making 4 dollars more an hour.

One hired from seasonal to dept mgr 8 mos ago making more an hour.

Was told by hr that thousands in same boat as myself, company figured we would leave, so supposed to be running those affected thru pay rate advisor but no idea when. Was also told they started doing this 3 yrs ago

#472072

Most of their cr@p is made in Asia, of course--more profits for Lowes. However they do not permit you to mention where anything is made if you are foolish enough to try and review a product on their site.

In fact, Lowe's rejects reviews when there have been too many negative posts on any given product. They don't want their sales to suffer, after all!

#472071

If you're buying a patio bench for a hundred bucks of course it's made overseas. Otherwise go pay 300-500 bucks for a real one from a local shop.

You're a *** ***..

View more comments (4)
Loss

Lowes in Vancouver, British Columbia - This is so hard on people.

To hear this creates such Stress on people. One of my comrads was in a Lowes store recently and she heard of this and this fellow was saying they just took away 30% of his earnings, and he can't pay his mortgage. She shared with him a solution and how he could resolve it. He was open to hearing anything what does he do?, work the weekends as well. I feel badly for these people. It's a shock. If anyone wants to chat, maybe I can give you some ideas to help you work it out. Best Wishes, Mary

I find it amusing to hear about not following up with your customers and not caring. First off, you folks do nothing more than stand at terminals ignoring customers in other departments.

You don't do any recovery in departments, and most of all, you hardly follow up with customers anyway. Trust me, I have taken many complaints related to you people not following up. You are in the 90% pay scale so do us a favor and quite so we can find someone else who cares.

Good luck finding the same job with the same pay. :cry

They still want sales number and are coming up with new and more politically correct ways to threaten us. At this point I really dont care what they do.

I sold all my Lowes stocks and put the money in a safe fund. There is enough to pay off all of my bills House car etc. So bring it Niblock go on can the specialists. I really dont care any more.

Too many years of headaches. I can assure you the days of pushing to be in the regional 25 are over. No more after work stops, No more calling customers, If they buy they buy I will give them the best deal I can but I wont badger them anymore. Hire some telephone operators to do that Im done.

As for the customers out there. Dont expect us to sit with you for hours changing your kitchens around while you sip your stinking coffee.

I am presenting 2 designs from here out. Ofcourse they can be tweeked but I am done with doing interior designer work for big box software operators pay....

Yep....That's right. Back in mid-Febuary all of Lowes kitchen, flooring and appliance Specialists were given just 3 DAYS NOTICE that they would not be paid commission/SPIFFS on any sales made.

This move is to supposedly make all employees equal.

It's all part of the company's philosophy of "Me to We". Isn't that actually a form of Communisim?

View more comments (2)