Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Bellevue, Washington - Epic Failure For Pool Products 4 Less

We ordered a simple filter, called numerous times and we get a voicemail then to live chat, "doris" gives us bogus tracking numbers and tells us we can not track our order until after 6pm. We called, left a stern voicemail I get on Chat with "Doris" and tell her my order # and she gives me the correct tracking number finally! would rather pay double at Lowes than dealing with thier ***! still do not have our filter. Also we paid for the priority mail and it is now coming in UPS almost two weeks later. This business is horrible!
Review

Lowes in Willingboro, New Jersey - Whirlpool Stainless steel refrigerator rusting doors.

Purchased a Whirlpool Gold Stainless Steel refrigerator 3-10-12. Delivered 3-17-12. Doors started rusting 5-24-12 after cleaning with mild soap,and water as recommended by Whirlpool user instructions.Lowes store where purchased was contacted by me on5-24 & again on 5-29. Haven't had any returned call from Lowes to date.Their Sewell,N.J. store Management,may think I'm just gonna go away,but thats just not gonna happen.I have spent thousands of dollars at Lowes over some years,and refuse to be Ignored.So Consumer beware of "Lets build something together".....

Hi , after some experimenting I found a solution for my 2 year old kitchenaid architectural stainless refrigerator showing small signs of rusting on the door.. I used a paste of baking soda and water to rub the part with the glitter of rust.

Rub with the grain. Rub gently. That will take the rust out of the tiny pitted parts. Wash gently with plain water.

Let dry. Then, use a soft white cloth to rub olive oil with the grain across the entire refrigerator front. Let it sit for a day. The next day.

Use a clean cloth to rub gently with the grain. That will *** any standing olive oil and leave a beautiful door. Mainly, do not wash your stainless refrigerator with soap and water. It does not like water.

Not sure why except that it is true.

Hope this helps someone else. I was so upset on the *** of returning the appliance as defective, but this worked.

I'm having the same problem after 3 months. Just got off the phone with Whirlpool who wants to give me some *** about oxidation damage, NOT!!!

My entire kitchen is stainless steel, which means I should be having the same problem with all my appliances.

They're going to hear from me. fr0131, did you get any luck with placing a dispute with your credit card company?

keep your cat away from the refrigerator.

fr0131

Lowes corrected problem with doors.Whirlpool refused,Disputed Payment with Credit Card,gave me better clout.Hats off to Lowes,Whirlpool,I will never,nor recommend a purchase of your products to anyone.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Wilkesboro, North Carolina - Ripped off by Lowe's

Update by user Jun 21, 2012

I just went back to Lowe\'s today to pick up my mower that was not fixed and they traded it out for a bran new one !!!!!

Update by user Jun 16, 2012

Saturday June 16th 2012

To whom it my concern hopefully a lot of people, I have been nothing but a loyal and great costumer of Lowes you can ask anyone or just come by and look at my yard most or all of my plant s and anything doing with my yard has come from Lowes. Until recently I have not had an issue with them. But now all *** has broken loose! I was mowing on May the 18th 2012 and in the middle of the yard the mower cuts off. so the first thing I do is go get my husband and roommate and we look under the hood to see if we see anything wrong or leaking then we check the gas and oil like any other person would do. Witch was good because we changed the oil in the mower to weeks prior. The mower would not even turn over. So I went to Lowes to take the mower back to send it off to be repaired Because I pursed it in May 2011and it came with a 2 year warranty I seen that I would have no issues but I was wrong again ! They said they could not have it on their grounds without a receipt so I called that day in the store and ordered a receipt so that I could send my mower off to be fixed. So I thought. I stayed on the phone at the store for over a hour talking to costumer service and ordered a receipt. I still have no repict I have called back multiple times witch I have talked with multiple people witch said that I that I not requested one so I request one again. Customer service said they can pull up my name and see where I have bought the mower. So why can’t Lowes see that I have no idea? Yet again they say it will take them a week to receive the receipt because they have to go back in there system a year. Which was ok I waited on the receipt and I am still waiting on the receipt It! Almost 2months now, So I took the mower back two weeks ago and they lady at the counter this time since I had all info on the mower that she would send it off for me without my receipt ! I told her the mower has gas in it so she sent it back to the back to be emptyed , I got a message this week saying that I have to pay 843.00 to fix the mower ? My question is why should I have to pay anything when the mower is still under the warranty that it came with and it. So I called the number they left and talked to some one and they are saying it has no oil in the mower. The funny thing is a mower will not run without even a woman knows that I am not that ***. I was mowing when it cut off. So my thought now is when we took the mower back almost 3 weeks ago now is that the only thing they emptied was the gas? Or is it because the mower is in a woman’s name that they think that I am not smart enough to figure out they are trying to screw me over? So you will never see me again at Lowes unless I am picking up my mower that they refuse to fix and are sending back as we speak.

Thanks you for your time

Jennifer S Cork

Original review posted by user Jun 16, 2012

Saturday June 16th 2012 To whom it my consern hopefully alot of people, I have been nothing but a loyal and grat costmer of lowes you can ask anyone or jsut come by and look at my yard most or all of my plant s and anything doing with my yard has come from lowes. untill resently i have not had a issue with them. But now all *** has broke loose ! I was mowing on May the 18th 2012 and in the middle of the yard the mower cuts off . so the first thing i do is go get my husbend and roomate and we look under the hood to see if we see anything rong or leeking then we check the gas and oil like any other person would do. Witch was good because we changed the oil in the mower to weeks prior. The mower would not even turn over. So i went to Lowes to take the mower back to send it off to be repaird Becouse i pursed it in May 2011and it came with a 2 year warrenty i seen that i would have no issures but i was rong agian ! they said they could not have it on there grounds without a recipet so i called that day in the store and orederd a recipt so that i could send my mower off to be fixed . so i thought . I stayed on the phone at the store for over a hour talking to costumer servie and oreded a recipet. I still have no repict I have called back mulitpule times witch i have talked with multiple people witch said that i that i not requesed one so i request one agin . Custmer service said thay can pull up my name and see wehre i have bought the mower. So why cant lowes see that i have no idea ? Yet agian they say it will take them a week to recive the recipt Because they have to go back in there system a year . Wich was ok i waited on the recipt and i am still watighting on the recipt It ! Almost 2months now, So i took the mower back two weeks ago and they lady at the counter this time since i had all info on the mower that she would send it off for me without my recipt ! I told her the mower has gas in it so she sent it back to the back to emptyed , I got a message this week saying that i ahve to pay 843.00 to fix the mower ? My question is why should i have to pay anything when the mower is still under the warrenty that it came with and it. So i called the number they left and talked to some one and they are saying it has no oil in the mower. The funny thing is a mower will not run with out even a woman knows that i am not that *** . I was mowing when it cut off . So my thought now is when we took the mower back almsot 3 weeks ago now is that the only thing they emptyed was the gas? or is it becouse the mower is in a womans name that they think that i am not smart enought to figure out they are tryign to screw me over ? So you will never see me agian at lowes unless i am picking up my mower that they refuse to fix and are sending back as we speek . Thanks you for your time Jennifer S Cork

There are a few different issues with this that I can try to answer. The corporate office was wrong to not provide you with your receipt in a reasonable amount of time and possibly lied about you not requesting the receipt.

Despite what the other comments have said, you were right to contact Lowes because any warranty work is usually handled using Lowes as a go between.

As the other comments stated, if the oil change was not done correctly then damage to the engine could have occurred and that would not be covered by warranty. I agree that Lowes did fail in providing the receipt in a timely manner but the cost of repair is legitimate.

Come on lady... really?

Seriously... REALLY?? You didn't maintain your mower and a year later you bring it back to the store without a receipt for them to deal with the manufacturer's warranty for you.

I'd be too embarrassed to tell a friend that, and you publish it on the web? Hope Jennifer Cork is a bogus name for your sake.

the reason it shut off while mowing was likely a low oil sensor second if when you changed the oil you did not tighten the drain properly it is very likely that it is blown up from lack of oil which is why you should have had a warranty certified tech service or shop do oil changes while in warranty which would have left them liable and also if you had purchased the extended service /potection plan this would be covered however with a manufacturers warranty only defects in material and workmanship are covered and oil being underfilled or left out and or allowed to leak out due to matinence practices are not covered

First of all, were you drunk when you wrote this? Seems like.

Secondly, the two year warranty is NOT through Lowe's...it's through the manufacturer. Finally, with the apparent knowledge that's flowing from you, it seems like you are the reason the mower is messed up...it's probably out of gas or oil.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Allison, Iowa - On june sixth i orderd and paid for walnut vener

it is now june 17 and i have not gotten my order . was told it would take 3or 5 days to get.. have not gotten and project on hold waiting . question is where the *** is my wood ? i am not pissed yet butt getting very close. order was at iowa city store with manager of the department i have always got good service from your store in the past donot scerw it up now . its not much more of a drive to lowes . donor like there store layout butt can adapt if i have to enough said i finly got 100 words
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's Carpet Installation: Bad Experience

We purchased new wall-to-wall carpeting at Lowe's Alexandria, VA, store. The installers were punctual and courteous June 8. But they ran out of carpeting and left the staircase – the main entry to our home – with wooden strips with rusty carpet nails sticking up. Both my wife and I have gotten stuck in the toes! We cannot use the main entrance, and have had to cancel social events and visits from our grandchildren. The store tells us the carpet vendor did not ship enough carpet and their carpeting person failed to check the shipment against the order. We purchased at Lowes precisely to avoid this kind of hassle, and made it clear from the onset that we wanted to job finished in one day with no glitches or nonsense. What a mess! And No response from a complaint to Customer Care at Lowe's HQ or the manager of the local store. Mike W. Falls Church, VA.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Scottsdale, Arizona - Point of sale for LAR sucks

I have an LAR account and a My Lowes card. The cashier has to go through so many steps when I need to put money into my account and then spend it I feel like going to Home Depot who gives me the 5% off just by showing my My Lowes card. They cannot tell mw before hand if I have enough money in the account until the purchase is reqected. I also want to tell youj that your web site was designed by a ***. I think it and Home Depots are the 3 worst on the entire web in my experience. I wanter to offer a suggesting for a Kobalt product and could not fine a way to do it. I went to the store and they could not either. Get your act together and come into the 21st century.

The comment on this site sounds exactly like my experience. I can also use my Paypal account at Home Depot.

If it were more convenient I would go there. I use True Value most of the time out of convenience, I'm a Handyman, even though their prices are higher.

I like Lowes store and people but the computer system was designed by an ***. I would nor could use it to even check on products it is so clumsy to use.

I get 7% off with my lowes lar (lowe's account receivable) with the community buying group program. I simple swipe my lar at check out and save 5% plus an additional 2 percent of my statement each month.

I can pay my lar bill online or at the store. Cbg lowe's program is great and i recooment anyone check it out.

mention this post and I'll give you a free membership. Www.Community buyinggroup.com

Nothing but problems with this. All for a measly 5% discount.

I get a 10% military discount at HD.

No cards, no bullsyt, no hassle.

I agree 110%. Most of the cashiers do not even know how to put money on the card.

Many times I've been in contractor sales and been told that I have to walk to the other end of the store to customer service to add money to the card. RIDICULOUS. Lowes needs to remember that you can go anywhere to buy a 2x4 and they really only have one thing to sell and that is customer service. The only reason I will drive by a HD to get to a Lowe's is because of their customer service but that is quickly becoming non existent.

And yes as you said they need to get with the 21st century. I just went online to check my balance and what a run around back and forth to the same question and screen. "If you don't have a statement code click here" once you are at that screen it says "Enter the code from your statement". What?

What?

I have some money that is in lala land from a return and would like to know what it is but I CAN NOT sign on to my account. Again, RIDICULOUS.

I agree completely. The LAR PoS is a GIANT pain in the ***.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Doylestown, Pennsylvania - Bathroom Counter Total ***

Over two months ago we ordered a new bathroom counter top from the Lowes in Gibsonia PA. After a delay of incredible proportions, it was delivered with the sink on the wrong side. The Lowes-contracted plumber sent all the correct instructions, Lowes' vendor simply botched the order. One month later and at a 20% discount, the countertop was delivered today in the wrong color and with a chip in the backsplash. For a customer service screw- up this bad, I would expect they would have their Quality Control people in the home office personally walk this order. But no.
Review

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Transaction showed not complete at store, but pending on my card

I went to Lowes to pick up some flooring for a project to work on this weekend. I checked my bank account on my phone right before going through the checkouts, just to make sure I had enough. When I checked out, the cashier said my card wasn't being read. So, she swiped it through a few times. Then, on one of the swipes it showed 'denied'. So, I pulled up my account again on my phone and it showed that amount less in my account. So, she called the manager over. She was a little rude to me and told me it's showing the transaction did not go through. And I explained to her that the amount was indeed taken out of my account because now I have that much less showing as available. She then went to a register so she could pull up the last few transactions on the register I was at. It didn't show my transaction. Yet, my account showed the money as taken out. She was a little short with me and said she couldn't do anything. So, I ended up paying for it with a different debit card. That was 3 days ago and the hold is still 'pending' on the account I first tried to use. I'm so angry. I am not only out the money I spent to actually purchase the products, but I'm also 'temporarily' out that exact amount on my other account because it's still pending. I may just stay with Home Depot.
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Bucoda, Washington - Extended Warranty or Extended nightmares

I bought a riding mower from Lowes with their extended warranty. It started leaking oil last year so I called for repair in February since it has an extended warranty. After 4 calls to Lowes and to 2 different "authorized" service dealers, it finally got picked up and they "fixed" it. I got it back first of April. it lasted 20 minutes before developing the same issue (oil pouring out or the head) they took it back and fixed it and tested it for a couple hours. developed the same issue - oil pouring out of the head the fixed it again, tested and brought it back. I mowed for 15 minutes and had a blade fall off, a coaster wheel fall off and a belt break. The mower is dirty and dusty and coated in Oil from the leaks. Thank you Lowe's for selling me this piece of *** and your *** extended warranty and your *** authorized service dealers! Guess i will go out and do all the maintenance and repairs myself now since if i call Lowes back again, I will need to put a snow plow on the mower if I want to use it again this year and the grass is so tall, i am having troubles finding my car in the drive way.
Honest4Sure

Your mfr warranty was 2 years. You paid for years 3&4 and pick-up service for all 4.

the plans don't use dealer service because of conflict of interests. Therefore, you get second rate contractors who've accepted the plan fees.

You get what you pay for. The aggravation wasnt worth the money.

big ben

it must be owned by mtd. go with husqvarna or john deere

The warranty has a no lemon clause, next time you call them tell them you want a new one. It's right there in the print

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Baltimore, Maryland - Failed to deliver materials on time left installer waiting

Placed fencing order and scheduled install over a month ago. Materials were to be delivered on Friday and never showed. We were told the driver made one delivery and left for the day. We were told the materials would be delivered first thing Saturday morning. Installers arrived, but the materials did not. We were told the materials were on our way several times. It is 11:00 AM Saturday, and the materials still have not arrived, and we were told once again they were on their way. We just moved and I can't even leave my house to get food because I'm stuck here waiting for these fools!!