Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Center, Indiana - Rebate 11% a scam

Spent 1400 dollars remodleng my shop. All.ourchaced withen the date. Submitted it online and 5 weeks later they tell me its in non compliance. So much for the store wide 11%. So there rebates are worthless.

Where did you see the rebate. Was it in the store or something you saw on-line.

The 11% rebate is only good at stores near a Menards store as a response to the Menards promotions.

There are also a number of things they list on the form that are excluded from the rebate. Did you bother looking at the terms of the rebate before submitting it?

Not as described/ advertised

Lowes - Terrible SVC

Closed my account even though I’m good standing.

Another short post lacking any detail. What kind of account do you think you had with Lowes?

If you think you had a credit account with Lowes you are wrong as they don't offer credit accounts. Their credit is handled by an independent company.

Lowes - Bad music

The Lowes in Fenton, MO plays the worst music. It is so annoying that it makes me not want to shop there.

The store level probably has No control over the what music is played at each Lowes location. The choice of music played probably is up to Senior Management or Corporate. So your complaint is with their Senior Management or Corporate, Not the store level.

If you have ever been in a store without background music you will find that odd as well. Unfortunately everyone has different tastes in music.

The person next to you in the store may love what they are hearing. You just need to learn to be more tolerant.

@Anonymous

I agree with you. It's just like every time I stay at one of the "No-Tell" Motels, I CAN'T STAND the smell of the cooked curry that the rooms and the office reek of.

But I realize that the people that run the place absolutely love it. I've never even tried it myself, so how do I know that it is disgusting if I am simply judging it by it's awful smell?

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Hermitage, Pennsylvania - Warranty issue.

3.8
I purchased a Samsung refrigerator and the 5 year warranty from Lowe’s. The refrigerator had been returned without use and placed in scratch and dent section due to a few scratches near door handles. The sale sign said “ no issues “ and because it had never been used they said I could purchase Lowe’s extended warranty, which I did. The product was delivered to the church for which I had purchased it. As soon as the refrigerator had been plugged in for a few minutes the door alarm began and continued. I called Lowe’s to get the alarm fixed but they told me the warranty was not valid on the product because it was being used by a church (business). My complaint is that the store knew I was purchasing for a church but did not mention that the warranty would not apply and that once the church plugged it in and put something in it, it was now considered used and no one could purchase the extended warranty on a used product. We are returning the refrigerator to Lowe’s and they are giving us a full refund. However, I am upset that they sold me a refrigerator, at a good price, that had issues they were unwilling to fix, and now a store warranty is useless. Is there any recourse for something like this? Kathy Yobe

Yes, the next Tim e you purchase a product take time to read the warranty BEFORE you purchase the product. Many consumer products have warranties that cover the product for residential use but if it is used for commercial purposes the coverage goes away or is decreased. Don't take a salespersons word for what is covered by the warranty as they may not be totally accurate in what they tell you.

PEOPLE WHO BUY EXTENDED WARRANTIES ARE `USUALLY "A FEW FRIES SHORT OF A HAPPY MEAL" BEST JUST TO PUT THE MONEY AWAY IN THE BANK UNTIL WHEN OR IF YOU EVER NEED IT, INSTEAD OF PURCHASING A WARRANTY THAT THE SCAMSTERS WILL REFUSE TO HONOR!

Lowes - Lousy service

1.9
I ordered a stove, was sent an email stating delivery date. Has come & gone a week & a half now. Every time l talk to them get a different story. Will be last time l order anything not in stock at the store

Finally, someone who realizes buying from stock is the only way to go if you need an appliance right away. Stores have no control over the manufacturers delivery.

If the manufacturer has the appliance in their warehouse it will usually arrive in about a week. The bad thing is that if they are out of stock they just backorder the appliance and don't notify the store of the delay and the only way the store knows when it will come is when it shows up on their shipping dock.

Review

Lowes - Gates will not close.

2.8
Installed fence 8 months ago,fence has 2 gates,gate post are lose in the ground,gates will not close without pushing post to the side.They used VERY LITTLE concrete to set the post.The job was to be done in 30 days, took 3 months.
Work Experience or Job Application
Loss

Lowes in Capital, Illinois - Lowe’s rebates are a scam

1.5
Should have received $40 and $10 gift cards from sherwin williams paint rebate said that it couldn’t verify my purchase even though I entered the receipt information correctly. Also unrelated but I have purchased a brand new riding mower that when they sent did not run right at all. They replaced with another one that also does not run right. Needless to say I will no longer be shopping at Lowe’s.

Did you ever think that there might be user error if 2 mowers don't run right? Did you put oil in them?

Are you using fresh fuel rather than gas that has been sitting around for a long time? Are you using the choke properly?

Lowes in South Bend, Indiana - Lost rebate from email

Don't know what happened, one day I had it on my email, next day it was gone. Now there is no way to get this rebate reissued.

This happened to us twice. The first time we thought we deleted. The 2nd time, we had it in a separate folder so it would not get accidentally deleted, and it disappeared

What happened is that you deleted the e-mail they sent you. Why are you blaming them for your actions? Grow up and take responsibility for what you do rather than blaming others.

Lowes - Terrible customer service

Our dishwasher failed while we were away and caused a flood in our home. We reported the loss to our insurance company and went to Lowe's to purchase a new dishwasher. During the purchase we were convinced to purchase an extended 5 year protection plan. We told the representative that we would have to wait for installation until renovation in our house was done. He told us to call when we needed the dishwasher. In December I told Lowe's to deliver. They promised a December 21 date. they never called and never delivered. I went to the store and they promised that delivery would be the next day, December 22. They never called and never delivered again. Subsequently, I discovered that they delivered our dishwasher to somebody else who had ordered the same model. In frustration at this comedy of errors, I called and spoke with the first employee who seemed to know what he was doing. He promised a delivery on December 27. I was surprised when Lowe's showed up on December 24 and delivered the dishwasher.The renovation contractor told me not to install yet. They would install when they removed the old one. The Lowe's screw-up scenario continued when,on December 27 Lowe's delivered a second dishwasher. To see how long it would take them to realize their error I decided to wait. After 6 weeks I recognized that Lowe's incompetence would never end and I called them to pick up the second dishwasher. However, the Lowe's debacle had not ended. When the renovation contractor was ready to install the dishwasher we discovered it was defective. I called Lowe's again and they delivered on March 19 a new, working one and took back the defective one. Story ended? No, the last part of Lowe's great customer service had yet to be enacted. They informed me that the 5 year protection plan I purchased in September started the clock running and thus even though the dishwasher was not delivered and installed until late March they would not change the plan start date. Thank you, Lowe's, you just screwed me out of 6 months of purchased protection.

It's not their fault that you waited 6 months to install the dishwasher. You screwed yourself out of 6 months of protection by making the purchase 6 months before you needed the product.

The 5 year extended warranties are a gyp in the first place. Chance are nothing would go wrong with the dishwasher during the 5 years anyway.

Poor customer service

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Disappointed

ordered a bath counter top in Jan 2019...It is now April 2019...Never did get the counter top...All they did was credit my account, so now I have to get my money back from the bank and find a new counter top.... no one really cared, now its home depot from now on. If you do any business with lowes, do it at your own risk....

Lowes issued you a refund. What else do you Want Lowes to do?

AbidingChameleon354
@Anonymous

Why does it take 4 months for them to realize that they cannot get it. You will be much better off going to a company that can tell you how long it will take to get.

Lowe’s shipped 4 cracked ,chipped sinks to our customer before she got one in decent shape.

It’s been my experience not to buy anything you want to last from Lowe’s or Home Depot the quality isn’t there. Spend a little extra and go to a Plumbing supplier.

@AbidingChameleon354

Why would a customer wait 4 months to request a refund? As you say the sinks were "shipped" it doesn't sound like they were delivered from the store.

Were they shipped via UPS or other carrier from the manufacturer? In any case they normally come in a box that encloses the sink.

Most stores aren't going to open boxes as all too many customers would make a stink about the product being in open box and want a discount claiming it was a returned or used product. These problems can happen at any retail store you buy from.

@Anonymous

your an ioditType your message here

@Anonymous

What a Rube! He doesn't even know how to spell the word "idiot"...........................................

Lowes doesn't manufacture the countertop. Unfortunately their manufacturer didn't follow through and ship your top.

What did you expect Lowes to do? Did you think they should keep you money and say "tough luck"? Sounds like they did the right thing and issued a refund. Refunding you purchase in the form it was paid is pretty standard at any retail store.

If you look at Home Depot's complaints (or any other retailer) you will find that things go wrong at other stores as well. Good luck with your next order.

AbidingChameleon354
@Anonymous

Don’t purchase anything that you need to last at Lowe’s or Home-depot.

View more comments (6)