Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes is done with you once you leave the store

Went in today to return a BD lawn trimmer. The self feeding line stopped cutting. No bid deal I thought. I had the original receipt and owners manual. I wanted it replaced or fixed. Lowes response...we just sell it, after that, it is up to the manufacturer to look after it. Case closed. No responsibility for their store. I didn't deal with BD, I dealt with Lowes. Never have I returned a product with receipt and been told NO! NOT OUR PROBLEM! Typical corporate answer to keeping profits up and customers away. Never, will I shop Lowes again!
Patrick

but how long ago did you buy it? beyond the return period probably.

That's what you get for buying Black and Decker

Lowes is done with you once you leave the store

Went in today to return a BD *** trimmer. The self feeding line stopped cutting. No bid deal I thought. I had the original receipt and owners manual. I wanted it replaced or fixed. Lowes response...we just sell it, after that, it is up to the manufacturer to look after it. Case closed. No responsibility for their store. I didn't deal with BD, I dealt with Lowes. Never have I returned a product with receipt and been told NO! NOT OUR PROBLEM! Typical corporate answer to keeping profits up and customers away. Never, will I shop Lowes again!
Patrick

denise, it is about the customer when they're actually right. but when the customer is a psycho like the original poster and the loser from Mississippi then they're not right.

All Lowes are the same.They claim that the customer comes first bull.They don't even care about the employees

Patrick

hey looked, anonymous mentioned Target in the Lowe's section. oh wait, I'm not surprised.

How long ago did you buy it?

It seems as though more and more retail companies are doing this lately.

I am extremely dismayed that Lowes treated you this way.

I have experienced the same treatment at Target and refuse to deal with them under any terms or circumstances.

View more comments (4)

Lowes review in Norfolk, Virginia: Incorrect charges

Lowes Norfolk VA . Purchased a range they tried to charge for a 2 yr. warranty. 1st - I told the sales clerk I did not want the extended warranty and he said it was removed. However, when I went to the register to pay it was still on the invoice. I had the cashier remove the warranty charge. They also charged a $79 fee for delivery that was advertised as FREE on a sign directly above the appliance I purchased. I did not see the charge at checkout. When I got home and checked the receipt, I saw the charge. I called and they said they would refund the delivery amount so I drove 20 miles to the store and when I got there they would not refund the delivery because I had paid with a check. They wanted to give me a merchandise credit. I do not want the credit because I will not spend another dime at any Lowes. I want the money back that they ripped off for a delivery that was advertised as FREE and incorrectly charged. The mistake was Lowe's not mine. Their system is either totally screwed up or they are desperate to screw the customer and hope you don't notice. I should have gone with HOME DEPOT! I have had much better results and customer service with HOME DEPOT.
#512056

A check must clear first before Lowes will give you a cash refund. Wait the 15 days and then go in and get your cash back. All stores havde policies with checks, be patient.

Review

Lowes customer service is Terrible!

I am very disgusted with the behavior of the Assistant Store manager Gina. My husband and I made a very large purchase (7 major appliances); once we got home we realized we were over charged. I called the store where I made the purchase at and they told us that they could make the adjustment in the store if I bring in the receipt. When I brought in the receipt I was told that the manager said I need to bring in the ad from the competitor before they could adjust the price (it was a price match purchase). Annoyed that I needed to make yet another trip to Lowe's but the customer service personnel I dealt with was very friendly and explained they needed a copy of the ad for auditing purposes. I went home and got the ad and returned to Lowes. At that point I was told by the assistant manager Gina that they do not do the price matching more than they already did; which is a $450 difference. If I was told from the beginning they would not price match I would have save a lot of time and effort and purchased from the competitor (which I will do from now on). However; when I first came into the store I was told they would match or beat that price. When I noticed the error on the purchase and called, I was told, again, that was no problem and could be fix; The first trip back to the store I was told for a third time it could be done. But our interaction with Gina was disrespectful, rude, and unprofessional. She repeatedly told me the pricing error was my fault for "not having my stuff together before I came to the store". I take full responsibility for not noticing the error when it happened but in all my experiences I have never had a store associate tell me it was my fault that my purchase was rang up wrong. She told me she "has not decided if she was going to adjust the price or not yet." She was incredibly rude and she had a terrible attitude from the beginning of our interaction. It was extremely embarrassing to be talked to so rudely. She made me feel like the pricing error was my fault and I was terrible for even asking for it to be corrected. After nearly an hour of my time wasted she still did not adjust the price. She told me there was no way to adjust the price now that we have already paid for it. We will have to come back (again) after the appliances are delivered then she could do a price adjustment. When I asked for that to be in writing she said "Everything goes through me, you don't need it in writing". Prior to this experience I shopped at Lowes for all my home improvement needs. I think I will just return my appliance purchase and go to another store. I do not want to do business with a company that treats their customers so poorly. I have just started a Kitchen remodel and plan on remodeling my bathroom in the near future and I will be taking my business elsewhere.

I work for Lowe's. That manager's behavior was unacceptable...period.

With or without a reciept as long as we can have printed proof of a price that matches the time you purchased it there should be no issue.

I strongly urge you to put your complaint to Lowe's corporate so that you can be appropriately taken care of and that the assosciate in question can have their behavior addressed.

Return the appliances. get out while

you can. If you think you've got

problems dealing with them now.

Watch how they respond if something

breaks.

Patrick

sounds like it was your fault.

Why do so many people go and do a price match when they can just go to the other store and not deal with all the hassle? Is it because you want that extra 10% off, which they don't even give most of the time? Price matching is a pain in the *** in general. Just go to the place with the lower price.

Also, you should've told them to look up the price on one of the gajillion computers in the store.

And, finally, just because something is in writing doesn't make it a binding contract.

You should have immediately spoke to her superior. Why people don't do this is beyond me.

View more comments (4)
Service
Lowes Remodeling

Lowes review in Denver, Colorado: Lowe's Poor Delivery

Lowe's has the worst delivery business practice in the world! They won't call you to confirm times, your order is half completed, & they send installers who have no clue what they're doing. I didn't realize that putting a pedestal on a dryer would be that complicated but wait until you deal with Lowe's you will find a new definition of incompetence. If you don't have a job and don't mind them delivering your things in 4 deliveries or don't mind them coming back out to fix the the poor work they do, then this is your place. Otherwise, run like ***!
Tags
  • worst delivery

Lowes Poor Carpet Install/Defective Mohawk Carpet

Purchased $5,000+ worth of Mohawk Cheyenne carpet from Lowes in Cary, NC. Watsons Flooring did the install for them - did poor job - bad seams and damage to walls/baseboard. Also turns out carpet contained factory defect - a large line running entire length of roll. So now every room in our new home has this terrible scar. Have spent last month trying to get this fixed but Lowes is dragging their feet and doesn't seem interested having a satisfied customer. So we will not be paying the Lowes credit card bill until it is fixed. We will also be taking legal action if it is not corrected in next week.

Lowes review in Athens, Georgia: Dishwasher ordered on internet not at store

Yesterday, 6 July 2012 We ordered from Lowes' on the internet a dishwasher that was marked in stock at our local store (Buford Drive, Gwinnett County, Georgia) and paid in full .by credit card We received an email confirmation within one hour that confirmed the sale and stated that our unit was ready for pick up. We drove to the store later that day and was informed that they did not have the dishwasher we had purchased available. The staff were inexperienced and unapologetic. We wasted a lot of time driving in traffic. Eventually found one at another store 15 miles away. Had to go through the process of cancelling one order and submitting another. Will not work with Lowes again.

Who buys a dishwasher online? If you're going to pick it up anyway, why not just wait until you get there.

Patrick

if I were, you would have called the store ahead of time. because it's not like an online order is done in a minute.

and the employees were inexperienced and unapologetic for not having something in stock?

what's your idea of them being experienced and apologetic? kissing your shoes and saying sorry over and over again while another employee drives to another store to get the dishwasher for you?

If you are going to get a product at a store in your area why wouldn't you pick up the phone and call the store to buy it? The computer isn't going to physically pull your order--a human will have to do it.

I can't believe any store has someone sitting there watching a computer screen just waiting to jump on your order. The employees at the store a busy helping the customers that actually take the time to come in to the store.

They may not see your oder the minute you hit the enter button. Next time you are buying at a local store pick up the phone and call them--better yet go to the store and be sure you are getting the product you want and it is in stock.

Internet orders must be 'processed' and ready within 20 minutes. Otherwise is it a 'ding' against the store.

Sometimes it takes longer than 20 mintues to confirm we have a product. The computers are not always accurate with stock count.

The email you receive is an auto reply once the order is tendered. You should have been called once it was deteremined the product was not in stock and offered a refund.

View more comments (3)

Lowes sucks

Bought a troy built mower from them, the drive belt went up and when we went back to the same store we bought the mower at... we were told they didn't stock the parts for the the mower, but they could order them online. Problem here is if I ordered the part myself I could get it faster and cheaper, since Lowes jacked up the price and on top of that wanted to charge almost $20 shipping to order a part they should have stocked in the first place! On top of that... the salesmen were rude, had no idea how to look up the part number - I had to do it for them.
Patrick

exactly, not every store has a replacement for everything. but every store does have loser customers like this guy.

Only a *** person would think a major retail store would carry replacement parts.

Do car dealer stock car parts for you to buy? Does Best Buy stock every part for every computer they carry?

C'mon....get your head out of your ***.

Big box stores usually do not have parts for mowers. You have to order them online or get them ordered through an authorized service place. This is NOT unusual.

View more comments (3)

Lowes - Bad Business Practice

I purchased a Troy Built lawn mower in November of 2011 from Lowes in Boise, Idaho and used it once. I then put it away per the instruction that came with it. The next spring it would not start. I contacted Lowes but all they do is tell me that the 30 days are up since I bought it and there is nothing they are willing to do. I think they need to take down their "customer satisfaction" slogan since they don't stand behind it. I have purchased quite a few appliances from them and now fear that no help will be available even though I purchased extended warrenties. Also, trying to contact the manufacture seems to also be a nightmare. I guess I just purchased a boat anchor. They love to take your money but it stops there.
Patrick

you're a ***. Lowe's will cover you on the products that you purchased if you purchased the extended warranties.

but it sounds like you didn't purchase one on the lawn mower. how do you expect a store to stay in business if they buy products from manufacturers to sell and then also have the responsibility of replacing it?? that's why they have extended warranties so you're paying them extra money and giving them extra profit so they can stay in business AND protect your product. but I guess you're one of those *** that think just because you bought something, that store created it.

I guess since Walmart sells Pepsi, they create the Pepsi in a little factory behind the store. losers like you are annoying because you get pissed over nothing, all because you're too dumb to understand how the retail word works.

John N

I would think Troy Bilt has a one year warranty, but I could be mistaken. Your owner's manual will contain the terms of a warranty. They are the one's to contact, not Lowe's. Lowe's did not build the thing and has no repairmen anyway. The manufacturer does.

There are any number of reasons the mower would not start after sitting all winter: 1. If battery assist, a dead battery? 2. Did you put Sta-bil into the gas tank and run it 10 minutes before storing it? 3. Was the air cleaner clogged?

You did not give us much info on what kind of mower or the symptoms experienced when attempting to start it.

As an aside: Troy-Bilt is really not the best mower. Try a John Deere for the top of the line in both tractor mowers and push mowers. Troy-Bilt is now owned by MTD who also owns Cub Cadet and Bolens. They used to be a good company and dependable machine, but when they went bust and were bought by MTD they got caught up in the MTD bureaucracy and I can believe how frustrating you can get trying to get them to do anything for you or anyone. They really don't care anymore and have ruined a good brand. Good luck. And buy a Deere!

Lowes unreliable

ordered a weber grill from the lowes website for delivery to my local store. Lowes "customer service" says its at the store, the store says they don't have it. They have my money and I have been waiting three weeks for the grill. I checked the website and if I order another grill to day it will be ready for pick up July 14th. the clerk at the store said they should have my grill in by the 15th. So, the clerks, the website and customer service all have no idea of what they are doing. Thanks for wasting my time lowes!

I ordered Weber grill on June 24th 2014. ...Lowes lost it....

Than gave me a story about a Longshoremen strike......Its now September 16th and still no weber grill!!! What a joke...their customer service the department person and store manager are very unprofessional.

big b

dont ever buy off the internet. customer service people are in an office and dont know whats goin on.

if you bought it from a person than they could have helped you. return it

Service