Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes offers Sorry Service

Our 18 month old washer tore up. The tub bearing went out, which should be a fairly common part....no big deal. We purchased the extended warranty, so we went through the Lowes Extended Warranty Division to get service. The local service place came out, diagnosed the problem and said they would order parts. Two weeks later...and 3 hours late for the appointment, they show up with the wrong part. I spent 53 minutes on the phone with Lowes and still have no answer as to when my washer will be fixed. We have been down for 3 weeks. I will not buy any appliance from Lowes again and I will tell all my friends to do the same.

LOWES SCREWD UP MY KITCHEN

SO I am a frist time home buyer we bought a one bedroom condo with my gf,,, super excited about fixing it up, we hired a contractor great person works with his father, recommend us to lowes he goes all the time this lowes in about a 6o mile trip round trip I AM NOT FALTING HIM AT ALL!! WE LOVE HIM,, he took the mesaurments he went to lowes talk with jerry in kitchen then we got a call to come down to design them we were excited, but when we got their jerry was sooo confused about the measurments!!! that it was a waste of time got adhold of the contractor he came bye to our home we went over the measuremtns he then went to lowes and re did the measurments then we traveld all the way back the seconad guy was ok,, I use to work for werner enterprise hauling the cabinets i was excited my gf was excited to get that lowes DREAM OF KITCHEN NEVER HAPPEND,, we pick out the cabinets and a counter top,, we didnt order it that day we wanted to go home and talk it over, rember i live in condo about 10 cabinets,, a week later we went back to lowes jerry was working he cant work the computer and two week later jerry called and told us what colour did u pick out??? we travled all the way out their to talk with them that same hour the counter top people called said it will be in torm deliverd jerry said i put it in the computer for delivery at around the time of the cabinets now my condo is in a complety dister zone that i gotta wait other 4 week for cabinets !

I can feel your pain. I went to Lowe's as well.

I paid their professional to come out and measure my kitchen they measured wrong.

I have not had a kitchen since August 15th. I can feel your frustration and I didn't use a Lowe's in NJ I used the store in MA

I actually got a little nauseous trying to read your post. Seriously, what language is that in?

Next time arrange for a professional to do the measurements, or even Jerry. If your skills with numbers are on par with English, I can see why he had such a hard time.

View more comments (1)

Lowes 30 days & they throw u under the bus

I've purchased two lawn mowers and two *** wackers and have paid out of pocket approx. 200.00 to repair at a lawn & garden repair store. I purchased a *** wacker in the late fall of 2011. I've owned it about 6 mo and used it 4-5 times before our landscapers begin in the spring and after they're done for the season in the fall. I only use it to clean up a couple areas for approx. 40 min. each time. On 03/17/12 I took it out to simply hit a couple areas of high grass bc my guys do not begin to cut for a couple of weeks. I am going out of town tommorro and wanted to use it the day before leaving. After trying to start it with fresh gas and oil it would start run about 30 seconds and turn off. I brought it to lowes and spoke to the lawn & garden guy who instructed me to take it upfront to a mgr. and tell him I simply wanted to exchange it tooday bc I needed to use it. He was extreamly rude and had a *** attitude. He said they prob don't sell that one now and he would send it out and I would have to pay the repair cost. So Lowes policy is, We promise it'll work for 30 day then it's a *** shoot. I complained again and explained how little I used it & why and he just stared at me and said, anything else I can do for you? I said yes give me a product that work's. He just looked at me and said I can't help you with a smile on his face. I went home and called Lowes they took my complaint and promised they would help. Another store Mgr. called me only bc he had to and told me to call the manufacture an good luck. I have spent over twenty thousand in the past years doing major work in my home, They just lost a customer for good. Don't purchase lawn & garden products bc they won't stand behind it!

When you find a store that sells power lawn and garden equipment with a longer than 30 repair of exchange policy please post it here so we all can know about it.

Typical consumer arent you? 6 months?

I gather you have bought a new car or two in your life? So it has an issue at 6 months old do you take it back to the dealer and demand a new car to replace it? No you call and the manf warranty kicks in and they repair it. Just because you wanted to use it right now does not matter.

The policy is 30 days return or exchange and after that they get sent out for repair. It has nothing to do with the store you *** read your paperwork and try using your brain once and awhile.

you ever notice how the comment goes for the lowes store/employee?? so makes you wonder if someone that works for lowes writes these..

Nearly all the string trimmers have a limited 2 year warranty. You WERE well beyond Lowes 30 policy! Sorry, you are in the wrong here!

nikalseyn

Always best to either drain the tank or use Stabil. That way they usually start in the spring after sitting all winter.

View more comments (4)

Lowes - Poor Customer Service

I made the mistake of believing that I could actually buy something from Lowes over the internet and that they would honor the terms of their sale to me. In short, I bought a Webber Grill advertised as being "on sale," marked down from $329 to $199.00. That sounded like a decent deal, so I completed the transaction online and Lowes deducted the money from my bank account within a few minutes. In other words, the sale was complete. A few minutes later they sent me an email telling that my item was ready for pick-up at a local Lowes store. Fine. So I get in my car and end up wasting my time and gas, as when I get there they try to give me a scratched up display model that was not the model I purchased over the internet. I told them I wanted what I had purchased. The model number I purchased, new and in the box. They looked around and couldn't find one. Then, some other guy in the same department got involved and basically told me that that's what I deserved for thinking that I could actually buy a grill over the internet. So far, I've emailed customer service twice to see why I can't have what I purchased, and so far, no response. I guess they just don't care about customers.
#611953

I am a Canadian and ordered a mitre saw via the Internet through the Calgary store. They advertised Free Shipping on orders over $250.

The saw was $475, then instead of shipping they told me to drive 800 miles to the store and pick it up. I phoned customer service ? and they said it was too heavy to ship. I cancelled my order.

It has been a week with 4 phone calls and numerous e mails back and forth. And still no refund to my Paypal account. Needless this will be my last dealing with them.

Thank goodness for Costco and Amazon.ca excellent Internet ordering sites. Ken

In short, save yourself some time and call ahead whenever you make an online purchase! Contrary to what you may think, there are not grills and other products lined up at the front of the store ready to be picked up by whenever a customer deigns to show up.

Us your brain: call ahead, let them know you want to make a pick up so they are able to have it ready, confirm pricing because if you had an idea of retail companies, you would know that an individual store does not control online pricing & inventory quantities. :cry

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Lowe's internet fraudulant ad

I purchased a ride on lawnmower online from Lowe's. I thought they were reputable, and the advertised price was wrong. The store and co refused to honor the price and acted like I was trying to scam THEM. Well I am going to consumer complaints 6to see if they can help or not. I have really never made a large purchase from the or anyone before. The store manager in Martinsville Va directed me to customer care, who told me he had to make good on the price, he claims the co themselves refused to honor the price. Well, no more Lowe's ordering.

I too purchased a riding lawn mower via online and they contacted me to say that they would not honor the online price. I would be interested in learning if consumers have any recourse against Lowe's to make them honor online transactions.

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - *** Credit Department

We applied for credit card..we have a score of 780, so we get credit wherever we go. We were put on the phone with their GE Capital Credit guy to verify our identity....we gave hiim every form of ID we had and all our address, phone, mortgage info, payment amount, bank, etc. and he kept asking us about an another account we DONT have. So it rejected us. We stood in line for over 1 hour wrangling over this. Unbelievable! I don't know how they can screw this up so bad! We were both so angry. Uggghhh

I don't know how that put out address as Monroe NC. I did't put that or any city or address. Just to set the record straight we have never lived in Monroe,NC

Several years ago my wife thought she had lost her lowes card. (just misplaced, was found later) However, we reported it and the Credit department told us they would cancell that card and send another card.

This was done--After we received the new card we now had two accounts with the same balance. We made numerous calls to clear this matter up with no luck. We would be told it was cleared up and sorry for the trouble and then get mail that we were being sent to a collection agency for the unpaid amount. However, on the other account we would get mail trying to sell us the world.

We finally realized this for some reason could not be cleared up by the staff working at this time and payed the account off and closed the account. We stopped getting theatening mail and thought our problem was solved. Some years later we applied for a loan to buy a vacation home and guess what---We had a bad debt against us from lowes. We explained what had happened to the bank and the bank did not hold that against us.

Our credit report was ecellent EXCEPT FOR THIS. I still get mad when I think about this. We have worked hard during our life and payed bills on time to protect our credit.

How someone can be so *** and not be able to understand people just don't have two accounts with the same balance,name, address and all the other information is beyond me. This should have been an easy fix from the beginning.

Maybe you should take this as a warning that you should check what's on file at the credit bureau. You might find that someone has opened accounts in your name and is driving your credit score down.

Haven't you heard of credit fraud? You may be getting a first hand education.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Kearney, Nebraska - 1% COST OF LIVING PAY WHAT A JOKE

WOW LOWES YOU REALLY DO SUCK GIVING US A 1% COST OF LIVING RAISE WHEN OUR CEO MAKES MILLIONS WE GET ABOUT A 1.00 ADAY RAISE. I WILL TELL YOU MR. Robert A. Niblock OUR GREAT CEO (NOT) TAKE IT AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ***. WHO THE *** CAN LIVE OF OF THAT. YOU SHOULD BE ON THE CEO WALL OF SHAME. YOU SHOULD TRY TO LIVE OFF OF WHAT YOU PAY US.TRY TO GET FOOD STAMPS AND OTHER HELP.IF CUSTOMERS ONLY KNEW WHAT YOU ARE REALLY LIKE AND HOW LOWES MANAGERS TREATS US.SHAME SHAME ON LOWES

If you don't like your position get the education and experience and become the CEO or own your own business. You are just a number get over it. Quit complaining and do something about your *** pay.

So you got a 1% cost of living raise even though in the past year the cost of living actually went down? Those crooks!

Got a dyson 2day. Thanks Nibby! Now im a little less upset with my *** raise.

Robert A. Niblock
#521953

To your comment lkatcbt7 you must not work at Lowes if you did you would know if you use the open door they will fing away to get rid of you.how on the other statment about being lazy you have no clue on how hard we work at our store.so I can say look in the mirror and see who is a lazy ***.And if you do work at lowes you must be part of management that don't do shi*.And the LOF that sucks the CEO should be fired the company is going down hill.Lowes is still getting paid fron the manf.and keeping the money that should be going to us.

Lowes has an open door policy, USE it walk right out and quit! go live off the goverment you lazy ***.

Concider yourself fotunjate for getting 1%.

I worked at a BigBox electronic retailer for almost 20 years! The last 5 years of emplymnet, my salery did not increase!

In fact it went down!

At the end, for sticking around durring hard times, I was rewarded my loosing my job! Nice.

Go cry someplace else.

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes in Lubbock, Texas - Sold me hot water heater defective and won't make it good

bought hot water heater and was sold extended warranty in January of 2011. Eight months later it went out called whirlpool and they fixed it. was out again four months later called whirlpool again fixed the same part. This time it lasted for 6 days and was out again. That was 6 weeks ago and I still do not have hot water. Their extended warranty people deemed it unfixable and sent me a check for the price of the hot water heater but wants me to pay installation and wait for them to pay me back. I'm on social security and it took all my savings to put this one in. I have been given the run around by everyon e and I'm tired of it

Lowes is a let down

So last month decided to buy a new fridge from Lowes.. Well guess what I am still waiting for delievery, the dates keep being push back. They are saying that it's the makers who are holding it up, well why not tell the customer this when they buy a product, instead of saying it will be here in 4 weeks.. now its up to 7 weeks. Don't think I am going to keep waiting going tomorrow to get a refund. Since the Lowes logo now needs changing to not improving much these days. Sigh Lowes has lost my business for a long time.

Doesn't make much difference who you buy it from. If the maker has it on back order it isn't magically going to get to one store before another. Pick an in stock model if you can't wait.

Lowes is garbage

Theres a lowes down the street from my house here in temecula, ca. The customer service in this place is crahp! The people are rude, hostile and arrogant. They dont care about you and they make sure that you know it. They clearly dont like their jobs because if they did, they'd take pride in it. Lows as a company is trash as well. Any company that supported Rush Lamebafoon's comments about women being *** is careless and and hedonistic. Obviously they dont care about their public image thats why they're complete *** as a company...

why did they take out customer service and put it in returns? that's the stupidest move ever lowes is just going down hill.