Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Frankfort, Kentucky - Whirlpool Refrigerator compressor bad after 20 months

Bought a relatively expensive Whirlpool Refrigerator with icemaker for a rental unit. Tenant calls me and says it's not cooling. Service man says its the compressor and gives me a Whirlpool number. This number gives you two options, parts in warranty and out of warranty. No ability to talk to a live person. I went to the Lowe's where I bought it, first person says there is nothing they can do, talk to department manager, he tells me the same thing. They are only the retailer he tells me, they can't be responsible after warranty and I didn't buy the extended warranty. I told him the refrigerator it replaced was 22 years old, with minimal repairs, and the refrigerator at my house is 15 years old with no repairs. I explain that I had bought a GE washer less than 3 years ago, and the transmission went out on it. Another big loss for an appliance that was bought to replace a low end Kenmore that was 18 years old. So after being out over $1300 on 2 appliances, I told them I would not be back. They have a good variety, but I would not continue to spend my money at a store that would not back their products. I've stuck to my guns, I can live without Lowe's. They'll end up like Steinberg's in Lexington, Ky, Circuit City, happening to Best Buy right now. People won't stand for being treated unfairly that only services until the unit is sold. I'll buy from the local Lyon's Do-It Center or buy online from Amazon. I've cancelled my credit card with them and I will only go in the store to look at something I want to see before I buy from Amazon. Lowe's is no longer about the customer but the stockholder.
#820759

I bought the same Whirlpool refrigerator, I bought the extended warranty and the *** compressor went out just months after the extended warranty expired. This *** is filling our landfills because the big powered manufactures only want more profit in their pockets, they don't care if the country gets covered in cheap *** American manufactures are making.

So I come to your store to buy a new appliance. I should buy it and expect it to break down after warranty is out?

Because it's new, I do expect to receive some trouble free years, not saying it should last forever, but 20 months and the refrigerator is pretty much unrepairable is unacceptable. I'm not going to buy a new appliance and then bet that it will break down in four years by purchasing additional warranties. This is poor customer relations to expect customers to spend this amount of money and then have a useless appliance after 20 months. Again, I vote with my $, I will never spend another dime at Lowe's.

By the way, I have $250 worth of gift cards on EBay now for sale.

It was my favorite store to shop, I always ask for Lowe's gift cards for gifts. I'm just one customer, obviously it's not going to kill the Frankfort location because I no longer patonize it, but I choose not to shop at Lowe's any longer and also choose to share my comments to other readers on what to expect.

Really? We dont back our products? I'm pretty sure YOU didnt back your product sir..... They clearly offered you the EPP, and you declined based on an a appliance that had 0 electronics.

Ever try and take a car back?

By the way, we are FAR from going out of business ;) And no company out there would have returned that, why should they take the loss because you dont buy EPP's....

John, they certainly are not obligated to take product back or give credit for repair of unit. Less than 2 years on a refrigetator is hard to stomach.

Just venting, instead of buying another new refrigerator from them, I bought a $200 unit from a used appliance store. I expect that one to only last a couple of years, but a new one, I believe most people expect more than that from a new appliance. Being the compressor, it's the most expensive part of a refrigerator to be repaired. They used to warrant the compressor for 5 years, not sure when that ended.

If it had been a repair that was not major, it would be different.

I patronize companies with my $. I've made a choice, just sharing my story!!!

If it was out of warranty and you didn't buy an extended warranty from them, why should they take it back?

Well Welcome To The Present... All Appliances Made Now Will Not Last That Long For A Reason...

Blame The Vendors Who Make The *** Products... Its The Same Where Ever You Go..

View more comments (5)
Review
#319919 Review #319919 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes

Speaking about Lowes in Thomasville,Ga. Poor service! went in to get building supplies for bathroom remodelling .purchased several thousand of dollars.Could not get any help to get items needed in plumbing department to answer my questions. Nor could I get help getting the items to counter and no one assisted getting things loaded,no one said if you put this on your Lowes Card you could get another 5% discount. That would have been a good amount of savings!What does Lowes teach when hired?You need to teach the consumer pays your wages! Try to help them more.Also on the display was some matching assosories,towel rack tissue dispensery etc. no more in stock .We ask if we could have the one's on display and was told no.Wanted you top buy more expensive products that would not match.

Seems like you must have had good enough service to be willing to spend several thousand dollars there. If the service was so bad, why did you spend your money there instead of walking out the door and going elsewhere?

big ben

when these employees get hired, they get taught not to deal with people like you

big ben

Nobody cares how much u spent. every customer spends thousands.

load it yourself lazy person.the vendor probably owns that display.

you whine a lot. shop at home depot

Review
#319191 Review #319191 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in henderson sucks my ***

1hr45 min wait for someone to cut plywood gave up left then after buying and plumbing the whole shower valve i bought i find it has a critical missing part yet another scam from lowes no manage around and everyone is doing nothing i called and had to wait for the operator to stop laughing and playing grab *** with a coworker this is the operator now i stalk the manager at home watch the kids play ect planning something good for this *** hope you got money sugar in the tank and all that in total you cost my my whole day and 2 to 5 thousand dollers due to entire hotel being shut down because of you resaleing returned ***

Buy a *** saw and shut the *** up...

if your grammar is anything like your personality i probably wouldnt want to help you either...

well the people in lowes only make so much money so why should they care when you have a problem with the store and personal no1 get the store no. make sure u have the persons name then call the corprate office speake to public relation then give them the info and the store and the persons name then request a call back from that person in corprate when the problems are repaired people hate getting reamed from the corprate office and *** does happen

Loss

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's Delivery - Stole New Ipad from Home!

Bought a new refrigerator from the Lowe's store in Bradenton, Florida on Saturday May 12th, 2012. The delivery personnel were in home yesterday and immediately upon their departure we noticed our new ipad was missing from living room table. Called store and police. Have spoken with the *** managers and they would not even question the delivery people! Just left the store and the manager was very rude and refused to do anything. They are acting like we are lying. Have receipt, this was purchased 3 weeks ago, I will not stop until this get resolved. Do not shop at Lowe's for anything ever!

I want to thank you all for your thoughtful and intelligent comments. As of today the Delivery driver was arrested for the theft.

It seems he had been reported before for stealing prescription medications from another client. He stole the ipad and sold it for drugs. They are my elderly parents and this guy was preying on them and others.

The point being that Lowe's should have done something about this person and not have continued sending him into unsuspecting customers homes. Sad that people here think this is some kind of joke

And they would have gotten away with it if it wasnt for those kids and that *** dog of yours... So what were you doing during the delivery?

Letting strangers run about your house? Outside smoking a butt and having a rum and coke? I say you track those drivers down and take action!

Steal their stuff! Break the windows out of their car!

Nice comment. I will explain it to you.

The Ipad has been registering through Apple registration across town, so we will not be finding it in our home any time soon.

The police have been to store and several residences regarding this. One of the delivery drivers in question, has been accused previously of stealing prescription medication from another customer's home.

Yet, Lowe's continues to employ this person and send him into unsuspecting customer's homes. They continue to respond they cannot do anything regarding this manner.

When you do find it in the house where you left it, I hope you call the store manager and apoligize for your stupidity.

Lowes Manager

Lowes order online 20 minute guaranetee Sucks!

I shop at the Lowe's Of S Dekalb-lithonia, GA Store # 2232. I ordered four items, went to the movies, got something to eat with the children and then went to Lowes to pick up my order. They hadn't pulled my order. At this time, I'm very upset because all the years of them matching my paint wrong, not pulling their online orders and the HORRIBLE customer service when something does go wrong (Trent - Ast. Manager) came front and center. I canceled the order and canceled my Lowes consumer credit account. Not one more cent from me!

Yeah right you have already been back

@Anonymous

Don't worry it was only because of the location but I've started give Home Depot my business. They need to get rid of most of you sorry people their.

You guys have NO customer service skills.

If you ordered online and the items were not ready for pickup within 30 minutes, Lowes is suppose to give you a giftcard for 25.00.

Lowes Manager

I was an employee at Lowes and I was assaulted in the parking lot while managers watched!

While employed at Lowes in Durant, Ok, a "friend" came into the store and asked if I could get a break and come talk to her. I asked a manager if I could take a break considering it was time for one and he agreed. So I walked out to this "friends" car and before I could even react, a different girl got out of her car and began punching me, knocked me down on the ground and began kicking me in my back, stomach, and head over and over again. While this was happening, my managers and other employees just sat there and watched! They didn't call the police and they didn't respond to my cries for help either. After the assault, my clothes were all torn up, I was bleeding everywhere, couldn't walk, and because she was kicking me in my kidneys, I also urinated on myself. Even after the girls drove off and I was still laying in the parking lot (in my own urine), none of the managers or employees came to help me. I got myself together and managed to make it to the door, one of the managers Greg Townsend demanded that I go back to work! I still have a stress disorder and permanent damage to my back. There aren't words for the lack of compassion they gave me! I filed a police report when it happened and I am being advised to see an attorney. As an employee of Lowes, I should have been protected and treated like a human being instead of being a side show attraction.

You could make some money on PPV with that beatdown!

The incident should be on tape since there are cameras all around the store, inside and out. But those tapes can mysteriously disappear.

Get a Lawyer. Write everything down concerning the incident such as times, date and names.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH 2 APPLIANCES

WHEN I PURCHASED A SAM SUNG DISHWASHER AND PREVIOUSLY AN ELECTROLUX REFRIGERATOR. I WENT TO THE ELECTROLUX AS IT WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT WOULD GIVE US THE AMOUNT OF ICE WE NEEDED...COST WAS NOT CHEAP BUT THE ICE MAKER WORKS PERIODICALLY. SERVICE HAS BEEN OUT HER AT LEAS 4 TIMES FOR SAME PROBLEM. I BELIEVE IT WAS TWICE THEY JUST PUT IN NEW ICEMAKER. TODAY I AM SITTING HERE WITH NO ICE MAKING AND CANNOT GET MY DISHES WASHED DUE TO IT HAVING A CODE S5 I BELIEVE AND THIS WILL BE THE 5TH TIME THEY COME OUT AND STILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM. BOTH OF THE APPLIANCES HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE I BOUGHT THEM. I WAS TOLD BY ONE OF THE EMPLOYES AT THE SERVICE DEPT..THAT SHE WAS PUTTING A RECALL ON THE DISHWASHER. I DIDNT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANT AT FIRST. TODAY I GET A CALL FROM 505 APPLIANCE TELLING ME THAT I WOULD NOT BE GETTING A NEW DISHWASHER. I NEVER ASKED FOR ONE..I JUST WANTED IT FIXED. THE MAN CAME OUT TODAY AND TOOK A LOOK AT BOTH I THINK AS THAT WAS WHAT THE WAS SCHEDULED FOR YESTERDAY. HE LOOKS AND MY HUSBAND WAS HERE WHEN THE APPLIANCE REPAIR MAN CAME. SAID IT SHOULD NOT BE DOING THAT AND AS IT HAS DROPPED SOME ICE HE SAID IT WAS FINE. IT IS NOT FINE. SAID HE HAD TO GO OUT AND MAKE A PHONE CALL. NEVER CAME BACK OR CALLED US TO LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON NOW. I HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR A NEW MACHINE EITHER FOR THE DISHWASHER OR THE REFRIGERATOR. I JUST WANT MINE FIXED FIXED FOR GOOD. I PAID EXTRA FOR THE EXTENDED AND CERTAINLY AM GLAD I DID BUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL. I HAVE A BEDRIDDEN MOTHER AND HUSBAND VERY ILL WITH LUKEMIA..NEED MY DISHWASHER BADLY AND IM TIRED OF BUYING ICE EVERY DAY...I WILL BE WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU AND HOPE SOMEONE WILL FIND THE TIME AND INFORMATION IT TAKES TO PUT THESE TWO PRODUCTS IN WORKING ORDER AS THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FIRST PLACE. NORMA HEBL 505-821-0589 OR CAN CALL 250-5330 CELL

First of all turn the caps lock off and second get some lessons on spelling. English that is. I tried to read your post but dont understand many of the words you have tried to spell......

Don't have any idea why on previous comment this said from Atlanta, GA. when I'm in Louisiana.

Try calling your Lowes and ask for the manager, explain to them the situation and see if they will help. I believe if they come out 4 times in a 12 month period you are supposed to get the item replaced.

I had a similar problem and spoke with manager, he had repair person at my home that day and the freezer was fixed. Very happy with our Lowes in Louisiana.

Lowes in Benton, Pennsylvania - Rude employees

Had a few dealings with Lowes in Buckhorn PA and I have to say that some of their employees need a lesson on customer service. I needed an appliance delivered and had to speak with a manager, at least she said she was "one of the managers" This woman cut me off as I was trying to speak,then while I was trying to explain something to her she cut me off again and transferred me to someone else. While I'm here I might as well mention the job they did on carpet laying. I had carpet delivered and installed by Lowes. It's a year later and now it's buckled. I was told by Home Depot that they didn't pull it tight enough. Of course now it's too late to have something done about it Don't waste your time at this store!

lazy employees at Lowes

Heartless, you were in Buckhorn Pa.? Your comment is listed as " from Green Bay, Wisconsin".

Two places at once? Not only are you a liar, you are a magician also.

Hey sugar hate to break it to you, but you were the one being rude. I remember you, and well you were being a total ***

@Heartless

Where's your respect you piece of trash

LOWES MANAGER CURT LIMA OHIO *** SEVICE

the maanagers at the lowes in lima ohio are probably the most laziest managers ive ever seen. i waited about 20 mins to get loaded while a manager sent for others to help, why couldnt he help?!?!!?!? instead of helping the employee with loading the rocks i waited around for him to find other people. this is not how a manger should act. you lead by example. i dont know if he was worried about breaking a nail or getting his pretty shirt dirty. locating other employees at that time was not neccessary considering the task on hand was not difficult. Stay clear of the lowes in lima and CURT the outside lawn and garden manager!!!!!

well I just called there to get advice and talked to a female mgr and she acted like a was a waste of her time cuz I wanted to talk to a CASHIER WHO WAS VERY HELPFUL and she wouldn't leave a message for him or anything. I am disabled and he was giving me helpful advice and she was just sighing and giving me reasons why she can't give him a "MESSAGE" to contact a happy appreciative customer

I am disabled and am a cat lover and have to return some useless bug spray and wanted to speak to this helpful man about something he suggested and asked if they carried and they only have the kind I can't use but she STILL GAVE me the item # of THIS product I obviously have NO INTEREST in buying!!

WHAT KIND OF *** RUDE PEOPLE DO THEY HAVE WORKING THERE??? :sigh :sigh

big ben

i agree with the last comment

I've had an issue with the same manager at this store. He always stands around and seems to not care about anyone other than himself. The worst part is he is not the outside lawn and garden manager, he is an assistant store manager at the store. Shows what kind of management they hire. Curt should have helped you load your purchase and not just wait till another associate came to help. If I have to go into that store I make sure to avoid him at all costs.

To "Lowes Hardware", a customer shouldn't have to load their own purchase if they request for help. Your statement shows the lack of care for customers at any Lowes. What if the person who submitted this couldn't bring anyone with them at the time? What if they were going to buy the rocks and then find someone later to help them but they had no choice?

Let's ignore that they bought rocks. Let's imagine they purchased a grill. I was told that to have a grill delivered I would have to pay an additional 69 dollars at the store. that is quite a bit of money especially if someone has a vehicle to haul the grill. Most people cannot lift a grill on their own and shouldn't have to. Are you saying that this customer would have to lift the grill on their own instead or else not buy one? This just disgusts me.

I used to work at that lowes and i know for a fact that everyone there is lazy and treat their employees poorly. And the fact that Lowes says that they pride themselves in customer service..yet "lowes hardware" makes a comment like this. They must be proud to have someone working there that attacks their customers verbally outside of their workplace.

If the task at hand was not difficult, as you say, why didn't you just do it yourself? And if you say you have a medical problem or such..my next question is why would you go to a store and buy something you couldn't handle?

how do you get them out when you get home.....oh..you have help at home? Why couldn't that person go with you?

View more comments (4)
Loss

Lowes in Brampton, Ontario - Contractors-beware ladies

I had a contractor work in my home to do flooring.He was a bit off a sex person ,he loved his women.He would take advantage off you if you let your gard down.Be ware off this person Ljupco LUKADimovski.He would make inapporate passes and touching.He would also come drink or with alchole breath.He will make promises to do the exta work and a now show nor call.and if you call him the excuses never end.Lukas is a contractor out off Lowes Brampton.His # is 416-543-5597.Ladies keep your distance.

Did you actually go to school? There is a thing called spell check.