Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Catonsville, Maryland - Horrible Cowards

A handful of loonies protest a show on the basis that it portrays arab americans as ordinary people, and Lowes gives in to them? Why would I want to support that level of cowardice? It's disgusting. Yes, Home Depot is politically MUCH worse. So I'll go to Ace instead. Jon Stewart nailed this one. http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-december-13-2011/kabulvision---a-new-lowe Lowes had no reason to care what some fanatic from Florida thought about American Muslim. Now we need to give them a reason to care what we think of their craven behavior.

OP, I agree with you.

Frankly, I don't want to watch a show about "American" muslims, when we cannot tell which is a terrorist or which one is a good citizen.

My opinion is mine. I don't really care what anyone else thinks of it.

However, I do care that Lowes gave in to public pressure. Why are they anti-American when they pull advertising on any show, but good Americans when they reendorse that same show? You people sound like double talkers to me.

OP, I agree with you.

My opinion is mine. I don't really care what anyone else thinks of it.

Lowes can advertise whereever they want however that's not the case. They decided to pull current advertising on that channel because it DOESN'T display Muslims in an extremist way? There's nothing controversial about the show and it's ridiculous that they caved to one group that doesn't like it.

HEY, go shop some place else!

Lowes is free to advertise where they want. this is America not Saudi Arabia. Are you also upset because Victoria Secret does not advertise dure Evangelical programs?

View more comments (4)
Loss

Lowes is so wrong

I am a white, middle class female, Christian, American that served 25 years in the military, to up hold the rights and freedoms of this country. Last time I knew religious freedom was one of those rights. Robert Niblock, the chairman and chief executive officer of Lowes might feel that Lowes has the right to support the organizations they choose and run ads where and when they choose for the TV shows they choose and he is certainty right. My personal feeling is that Lowes made a huge mistake in pulling the ad from the show about Muslims in America, instead of apologizing and admitting they made a mistake, reinstate the ads, they have made a bad PROBLEM situation worse. That will show up in the profits (or lack of) next quarter. Yes, they have the right to do whatever they want and I and thousands or more have the right to shop else where. Home Depot is usually very near any Lowes, where I live Home Depot is right across the street. I am no longer going to shop at Lowes on principle, for me even if they do finally wake up and to stop the bleeding, do finally apologize, it will be too little too late, I will only shop at Home Depot from now on. You might give a 10% discount to Military (so does Home Depot) but you are a disgrace to what ourq soldiers have sacrificed for. If Robert Niblock had any balls he also would have left an e-mail to contact him at with the message he sent out defending his stupidly.

Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion.

Why are Lowes leaders, managers, and employees so incompetent? The answer lies in their defense; THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE, AS INCOMPETENT AS THEY WANT TO BE.

...congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion... I am a disabled veteran, who supported those words with a gun, from behind a bullet proof vest.

It still sounds like a great policy.

Why are Lowes leadership, management, and employees so consistently and patently ***? I have to say, the answer lies in their defense; THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE, as *** as they want to be.

It's a free country. Free to pull your commercial ad from any *** show you choose.

Yes, Satan, and any company that advertised on the sitcom \"Julia\" in the 1960s (the first TV show starring an African American), would be with their rights to pull their ads if it turned out Julia was a \"lighting (sic) rod for controversy\". :p

So far as "free speech" is concerned, at the outset of this controversy all Lowes employees were contacted and told to provide no comment to the media, without corporate authorization....

How does Lowes, by pulling a TV ad, in any way interfere with Muslims freedom to practice their religion in America? Sounds like you're making up "rights" as you go along. Doesn't work that way.

View more comments (5)
Review
Lowes denied Veteran wirh 8 Years service with valid discharge certificate , but no photo ID even with presenting photo drivers lic. I server during the Korean war There is other companies thar will honor your discharge without a photo ID. and they carry the same thing...
jakob99

I retired in 1989 with pension and medical care. I was issued a DD Form 2 (Retired) . Blue, Laminated as they were in those days. Mine was issued on post at out-processing. Under expiration date it says INDEFINITE.

I have called JAG at Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox to confirm in 2 different places that my card is still good and does not have to be replaced or anything. My card is accepted at Ft. Campbell at the commissary / px/ shopette, etc.

Every time I go into the Gallatin Tennessee store they give me HECK. They even have a black and white copy of the i.d. cards they accept at each register. Albeit from a black and white fax machine or copier. They look at their page of card copies then look at my i.d.. They call person after person up front to look at it. The last time I was in the Lowes Gallatin there was a huge hassle like I was some criminal. They eventually gave the 10%.

On one past occasion the store manager told me the reason they really check the i.d. cards is that they have more money discounts at this store than at the Lowes nesr Ft. Campbell. I told him the soldiers at Ft. Campbell don't buy roofing, tractors, paint, etc. but retiree's do.

Made no sense whatso ever,

The Gallatin TN store is the ONLY Lowes store that causes this hassle.

Recently I went to Home Depot to buy a zero turn mower, instead of the local Lowes. Home Depot was glad to have my business and had absolutely no problem with my retired i.d.

Review
I purchased the Samsung washer & dryer that lowes had advertised on Black friday this year for $998. When I went in to purchase them of course they didn't have any in stock. Now mind you I was there and the first appliance customer at 5:00am. However they...

Well it pays to go to the top. I emailed the CEO and I had a better newer model delivered the following week so I did get mine the beginning of January.

They actually had the sale going on all month then also put it in the black Friday ad. Sneaky bastards I say.

However I very happy with the outcome. Just took lots of phone calls and complaints!!!

Review
I am a 52-year-old Christian male. I can't believe my hardware store of choice decided to be in cahoots with the demented Christians instead of sane Americans. This gives me the real belief that the people who control Lowes are caving in to the bigot misguided...

Bottom line is this is America. We all have the right to be who or what we desire and beleive as we wish.

Im a veteran which served this country and i defended ALL freedoms. Not just those of a certain type of Christian.

Lowes in Union City, Tennessee - Lowe's bigoted bias unacceptable

It is NOT within the scope of Lowe's, nor the Mayor of Dearborn to judge one of the world's greatest religions. As someone who has always preferred Lowe's in the past twenty years (including rebuilding multiple homes and doing thousands of dollars of business each year), I am horrified that Lowe's would attempt to vilify Islamic families at the bequest of right wing fundamentalist Christians! The fact that Lowe's is trying to promote fear and hatred has resulted in our very large family and extended family AND church family to permanently boycott all Lowe's stores. I am disgusted and appalled by a company making politics and religion a part of it's business advertising plan!

Don't care what the religious preferences of the OP, Reality or SWisser are. No one is asking Lowes not to adhere to the U.S.

Constitution or its amendments thereto. What the uproar is over is the perception that Lowes is being pressured to advertise based on religious beliefs. If they do advertise on American Muslims they are vilified for supporting a rouge (albeit large) religion, but if they pull advertising, then Lowes is vilified for caving into outside pressures.

Every major war was fought over religion. It sounds like that is what's brewing over Lowes' advertising choices.

Paulette11

I looked up the show on TLC and it is a reality show about Americans who happen to be Muslim.

Reality's post on 16 Dec 11 is correct... Lowes can freely choose who they sponsor but as Americans we believe in diversity and freedom and free exercise of religion.

Also, using the term "fundamental Islam" is a trigger word deemed problematic by those who suggest that Islamic belief requires all Muslims to be fundamentalists...this is not true.

I AM NOT A MUSLIM rather an American (Catholic, if your wondering) who believes in The First Amendment to the United States Constitution that states:

1. This amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion

2. Impeding the free exercise of religion, 3. Abridging the freedom of speech,

4. Infringing on the freedom of the press, 5. Interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, just to name a few.

This being so, why is it right for Lowes to pull their ads?

Because Lowes received complaints from the Florida Family Assn., a conservative Christian group that lobbies companies to promote "traditional, biblical values?"

Really? What if it was a show about Fundamentalist Mormonism, aka FLDS?

After reading Reality's response to the original posting, it makes me proud that someone has the good sense to stand up for Lowes and put the finger of blame right where it belongs - at the entertainment industry trying to ridicule us for thinking that a TV show about Islam is way off base.

Way to set the record straight - Reality. Nice going.

Way to set the record straight - Reality. Nice going.

Lowes can FREELY choose who they sponser. This is America.

Lowes vilified nobody. American companies owes Islam nothing. I owe them nothing. Islam is only great in numbers.

That's it.

It was fundamental Islam that brought us 9-11-01. You are obviously looking through Islamic colored glasses.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Bremerton, Washington - Lowe's is a Bigot *** company

They pulled their ad from a show about American Muslims called "All American Muslim" show just because they were threatened by some conservative group in Florida. Also they thought that would be a cool idea. This is truly against American and Human values. Please boycott this *** , racist and bigot company. SHAME ON YOU LOWES A true American company should never get involved in politics and serve everyone on equal basis that way we will have a healthy society and no bias. I am never going there again. Bye Bye Lowe's until you apologize to all American Muslims. Peace and Love everyone.

I can't believe that I'm actually agreeing with Simon, but here I am, standing side to side with him.

Why do we need a television show to inform those of us born here that muslims aren't violent? We're supposed to know the ones how want to kill us and marry our babies, how?????

That's way too much for an entertainment show.

It seems to me that some *** hating dude in Florida is driving the marketing for Lowes.

While Lowes is free to advertise wherever they want, it is strange that they would listen to a *** hating person - the head of this conservatice group in Florida, spent fifteen years bashing gays and now he tells Lowes to pull the ads and they say "YES SIR"

Who is running this company the CEO Rob Niblock or this crazy *** bashing guy from Florida. I guess it's the *** bashing guy :)

A conservative group in Florida boycotting Lowes would be a "splash in the pan" to Lowes. Lowes freely chooses who they sponser.

Dave1983, I am sure the $10.26 per year you spend at Lowes will cripple them.

Shop at Home Depot. Brush up on your Spanish, you will need it there.

Dont lose your head! (notice the pun?)

Being a company in America they can do what ever they want.

And if you dont like it go somewhere else. Its companies like Lowe's that helps us build this wonderful country.

Lets not talk about "human values". How can you even put "human values" and "muslim" in the same sentence?

What are your peaceful people going to blow up next? A Daycare center full of infidels? Are they going to stone to death another young woman for being in love?

(look it up and watch the video before you comment) I know I have probably upset you, so go ahead and slap me with the bottom of your sandal "Aaaahhhlalalalalala"! (turn your head and cough)

nikalseyn

Having lived and worked in the Middle East amongst these "peaceful" religious fanatics, I agree with Lowe's. You should be thankful Lowe's doesn't smear bacon fat over each piece of merchandise they sell. Stop whining and pray to allah for a way out of the 8th century.

***

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes in Yonkers, New York - I just don't get it !!!!!!!!!

You go to LOWES and buy a garage door 3 or 4 years ago ( The same door is still for sale) and as time goes by the weatherstripping succumbs to the elements. There you go, taking a ride back to LOWES to get a replacement weather stripping and what do you hear when you get there? We don't carry weatherstripping for any of our doors, but we have them for others. I DON"T GET IT !!!!!!! So now I am left trying to track down the right weather stripping. Don't get me wrong its not that difficult with the Internet but for the love of Pete, why would you carry replacement parts for other products and not for the ones you sell !!!!!!!!!

Lowes in Salt Lake City, Utah - Lowe's anti-Muslim attitude

In light of the current issue re: American Muslim and Lowe's pulling ads: I will not shop there anymore, thank you. Defering to a fringe minority bigoted group in one particular area does not seem like good policy to me. I shop Lowe's in Salt Lake City, my friend works there. I was planning to go there this coming weekend. But that won't be happening and I have told my friend, the Lowe's employee, why I wouldn't be shopping there anymore. I have never watched the show, but still feel you are wrong on so many levels. Sorry. No more Lowe's shopping for me.

Lowes won't miss you.

Lowes can sponser whomever they choose. This is still a free contry.

View more comments (1)
Review
Lowes pulled its advertising from All-American Muslim TV show to support the bigoted idea that Muslims are all terrorists. Join the boycott of Lowes. If you work at Lowes save your integrity and quit. Lowes pulled its advertising from All-American Muslim TV show to...

I want to join in with my support of Lowes' decision to pull out of advertising on that show.

You can call me a bigot, you can call me politically incorrect, you can call me intolerant, you can call me anything your little heart desires.

Since when does the political climate of our country dictate what an advertiser can and cannot do? And, since when does a drum banger decide what the appropriate decision for an entire corporation is and should be?