Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Bucoda, Washington: Extended Warranty or Extended nightmares

I bought a riding mower from Lowes with their extended warranty. It started leaking oil last year so I called for repair in February since it has an extended warranty. After 4 calls to Lowes and to 2 different "authorized" service dealers, it finally got picked up and they "fixed" it. I got it back first of April. it lasted 20 minutes before developing the same issue (oil pouring out or the head) they took it back and fixed it and tested it for a couple hours. developed the same issue - oil pouring out of the head the fixed it again, tested and brought it back. I mowed for 15 minutes and had a blade fall off, a coaster wheel fall off and a belt break. The mower is dirty and dusty and coated in Oil from the leaks. Thank you Lowe's for selling me this piece of *** and your *** extended warranty and your *** authorized service dealers! Guess i will go out and do all the maintenance and repairs myself now since if i call Lowes back again, I will need to put a snow plow on the mower if I want to use it again this year and the grass is so tall, i am having troubles finding my car in the drive way.
Alan C

Your mfr warranty was 2 years. You paid for years 3&4 and pick-up service for all 4.

the plans don't use dealer service because of conflict of interests. Therefore, you get second rate contractors who've accepted the plan fees.

You get what you pay for. The aggravation wasnt worth the money.

big b

it must be owned by mtd. go with husqvarna or john deere

The warranty has a no lemon clause, next time you call them tell them you want a new one. It's right there in the print

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes review in Baltimore, Maryland: Failed to deliver materials on time left installer waiting

Placed fencing order and scheduled install over a month ago. Materials were to be delivered on Friday and never showed. We were told the driver made one delivery and left for the day. We were told the materials would be delivered first thing Saturday morning. Installers arrived, but the materials did not. We were told the materials were on our way several times. It is 11:00 AM Saturday, and the materials still have not arrived, and we were told once again they were on their way. We just moved and I can't even leave my house to get food because I'm stuck here waiting for these fools!!

I am a very upset customer with Lowes in Tyler, Texas

On April 30, 2012 I went to the Lowes Store on 5720 south broadway and was accused of stealing a lawn mower blade. As I entered the store I requested someone from customer services assit me, in which a very nice man assisted me. to make a long store short, I paid for my merchandise at a register right beside the same cashier I asked to get someone to help me. As I left the store to get in my truck, Tina Williams and Eddie Megdley followed me to my truck and requested my reciept. I tried to explain to them I paid for my lawn mower blades and why did they stop me and not the other customers before and after me. I was the only black female that was stopped not one white person was stopped. I feel I was stopped because of my race. People in the parking lot was starring at me and wondering what did I do, which I felt so violated. I fell something should be done about this, because it was not only wrong but very embrassing and rude, and dangerous. "You don't follow a customer to their truck without good cause." If these employees were not socializing and talking they would have seen me at the register paying for my merchandise. I will never go back to that store, and if something is not done I will let my friends know of my experience. Please contact me, and I can fax you more information.
#1206742

Yeah, it's the race card again. These people think Obama is always gonna bail them out, y'all are getting free phones and no telling what else.

What You people are wanting is money (law suits) being that y'all are still wanting the 40 acres and half a million (half a mule)as I call it. Sorry! He won't be there much longer. So get over it!!!

Other races are owed a lot more. But we just keep moving on. Why cry about *** that happened hundreds of years ago, y'all aren't entitled to that money. Maybe your ancestors, as I said (maybe).

Me being Hispanic, latino, or messicans as your race likes to refer to us by that name calling, I've been discriminated especially by your race, we just keep moving on. The problem is y'all want to start a race war. Think about it we all have to live in this world together and also you probably have some relatives that are of mixed race. Don't feel discriminated we've all been through it at one time or another.

We have our children and their children to think about.

Just consider it as an experience and have your receipt ready. I'm sure many other races have experienced your situation.

#1196931

Actually many in east Texas area are racist. But mostly to people who look Mrxican and I get that, but if you aren't illegal and no one asks but treat you like dirt and this is from white and HELLO, blacks.

I find them the most racist race ever.... Few are actually decent folks and act just like people not a color.

Change your behaviour and act right. Your children act awful also train them better.

For things to change behaviour needs to.

I get cussed out mostly by blacks and Mexicans. The two most racist races. I could go on. The elders in east Texas behave deplorable also.

Rude and nasty. I deal in customer service and I have seen it all.

People are pretty bad period. Start being better make change and lady this includes your race.

Start with yourself then your children. Act like a person not a color. We are all people and you are not the only one with skin color. Ask the Jews some of them are still alive.

You have nothing to whine about. Grow up.

If you had a receipt and showed it to them, then that should be that. People are a little tired of the constant whine from people saying they only stopped me and no white people.

Come on.. if you were white and walking out the door with lawnmower blades "not in a bag".. they would stop them. Ya'll need to get the chip off your shoulders.

If I had been stopped... I would whip out my receipt and would not be insulted in the least. But NO! you have to play the poor BLACK card.

I would be willing to be you acted like a real *** to the people that stopped you. Your post should NOT even be on here...

Get that chip off ur shoulder and quiy playing the race card it doesn't work anymore

You go girl. I don't like Lowe's because they never seem to want to help the black people anyway.

@Anonymous

Yeah, black peoples being treatit unfairly by other peoples.

Oh please !!!!! Stop with the "I'm black is why I got stopped".

So sick of hearing that ***.

I live in that store basically and there are more black employees then white. There is a lot of theft in stores these days ,so have your receipt ready and shut your mouth!!!

That's *** and very untrue. Can't follow a customer to their vehicle.

Trust me I know this.

Stop trying to beg for attention. Matter of fact don't bring your *** back to the store.

Well I was tried ed like dirt by a black manager acted like he own the store tome to leave .He was black and I don't think is because mi race people ar crazy.

Wow the Race card what a joke I am sick of this always being the reason for why something happened to a black person and why you have too always blame white people what if the people that checked your receipt was black then what or who would you blame? You stop being racist and except that things like this happens to all races and that they were doing there job and not picking on the poor black lady get over your color then race is not an issue.

Oh yes, very dangerous to have someone ask you for your receipt!!

GIVE ME. A BREAK!!!!

That is so very messed up abd I hope you get something out of what they did to you and we will also let people know what they did to you

i am the whitest honky there has ever been.....i never put my receipt away until I am out of the store . I expect to get checked because to many *** *** have already stoled *** and ruined it for the hard working and honest people.

@honky

Amen!!!!

I am really tied of ALL WHITE PEOPLE being called racist, just show the receipt enough said !!!

It's not because your black. It's because you didn't pay for it and have no receipt or cause you wanna cause a stink.

Don't come back.

Stay in Gladewater.

Try being white, they will just ignore you and not even check you out! After checking out a black person in front of you, they will just ignore you (if your white) lowes hates white people!

Why didn't you just show your receipt?

@No Name

I'm a 62 year old white man and I have been asked on way more than one occasion to see my receipt at various stores. I just show it to them. Problem solved.

View more comments (18)
Lowes Cashier

Boycott Lowes!!

They are scamming consumers with cheap products then lying to cover their ***! Every major appliance I've purchased at Lowes has broken down within a year and they refuse to remedy the situation. They are also very rude about it. We bought a Bosch washer/dryer that litteraly fell apart within the first year. The glass door fell off the washer, the plastic around the doors cracked--have to use a large board against dryer door to keep it closed. I recently bought a Samsung fridge, it's now just another large piece of *** that I'll have to pay to haul off-- it's less than a year old. The list could go on....

buy extended protection plans next time. nothing is guaranteed to last anymore these days. then you wouldnt have this situation all the time

you should get what you pay for. Most people live on a budget that you don't buy something unless you really need it. Then you expect it, to do what they say, If a product isn't what they say it is they should buy from some one else working people trust the stores to check out products before they sell them

Patrick

and here's yet another *** that thinks the store, in this case Lowe's, created the products that he bought. I recently went food shopping at Walmart, I got some Cheerios which is made by General Mills. I guess Walmart had a little factory out back to create the products and they put the manufacturer's name on the box to look pretty.

Lowe's Guy, to my knowledge, neither Bosch or Samsung are U.S, companies, therefore you discussion of outsourcing is not relevant.

Your whines...er...complaints are about Bosch and Samsung. Lowe's didn't manufacture them.

Those items also come with a factory warranty.

Lowe's will offer an extended warranty which you obviously didn't purchase. Why complain about Lowe's and not bash the companies that actually made the products with which you are unhappy?

It is correct that The Manufactuer Warranties the product for a year. Lowe's offers an Extended Protection Plan.

Problem is twofold here. 1. This country outsources many products. why?

well, do we need to go there? 2. Expectaions: Used to be, we only required a washer to wash close and set the machine with a mechanical dial/s. Now consumers expect all digital heat sensing 1800rpm washers that do stuff that requires computerization to get done.

Take your PC and put it on top of your washer and you'll see what happens.

Buy the extended warranty if you want more than a years worth of coverage. It's like insurance.

It's a MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY ***

then why do you buy things at Lowes

View more comments (7)

Warping lumber from lowes

Built several items out of treated lumber from Lowe's ; board fence for my daughter and a picket fence at my home. At least half the wood warped and twisted to some degree.. Even 4 by 4 s in concrete were curved. Hard to dig up to bring back. Did take down treated and returned. Never buy that junk again. The lumber co. is not drying the wood nor is Lowe's concerned about quality. Gonzales la. lowes' and Baton rouge la. lowe's from jan 2012 to present. Had better luck with home depot treated lumber. Good luck Tom

buy cedar or trex *** treated always warps over time

Lowes review in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Treated Rudely and Talked Down To

On Memorial Day my wife and I decided to go shopping for a long awaited home improvement to replace our entire kitchen and flooring for the first floor in our home. In other words we are starting to remodel our home. We walked into the Lowes Robinson Town Center store near Pittsburgh, excited over the prospects of what we could do, and check book in hand. That is until we met Bob in the kitchen area. Who was introduced to us as the Kitchen and Flooring Expert. He was not only condisending, but he was rude. He treated us like we were dumb and was less than helpful. I am no EXPERT when it comes to home improvement. That is why I went to Lowes. My wife and I were with my inlaws. My father in law is a stroke victim and we brought him in his wheel chair. Did he think we weren't serious? He treated us like ***! We all felt so put off by this man's treatment that we walked out of the store after he decided to take a personal cell phone call. We will be taking our business somewhere else. Its a shame. We were prepared to do a one stop shop for our needs. We also plan on replacing the upstairs bathroom this year. Lowes will not be an option. We will be visiting the Home Depot this week. I am certain they will want to do business with us. With today's economic climate, it amazes me that people in business allow their employees to behave this way. Too bad the show "Undercover Boss" hasn't been in to that Robinson Store. In the meantime, I tried calling the Lowes store to voice my displeasure. I called 3 times for a manager, only to have it ring forever. Companies like this do not deserve my business. Bad service all the way around!
#1194681

Your review was many years ago and I just read it and had to share my similar experience I had at the same Lowes in Robinson Twp. I feel the same way as you when you stated "Undercover Boss" should go there, and many other places, and how it's amazing companies allow their employees to treat customers that way. My experience wasn't going to cost as much as yours but it involved a simple question and that was all.

I was doing some work on my home, there were some cracks in a porch wall which is made up of concrete blocks with different color concrete slabs on top as a banister, they aren't load bearing walls. I had a small cart, I looked around for a little bit, as 3 employees stood in plain site of me yet no one offered assistance, no big deal. Then two of them walked by me as I was grabbing a bag of mortar and put it on the cart and laughed because I put only one bag on the cart and said "I don't know why he just doesn't carry it". First of all it weighs 60lb, second, the bag is made of paper, third, why would i want to have that mortar dust all over me? I shot them a dirty look and proceeded up to the desk.

I grabbed a bag of mortar because I have what's called a grout bag and I needed something that could be used in that which the material needs to contain no sand, rocks, etc. I had bought a bucket of Quikrete concrete for another similar job at home and it worked with the grout bag perfectly because it was powder. I bought that at Home Depot actually. It's expensive for a 20lb bucket compared to a 50 or 60lb bag of something else. I needed a good bit so a large bag would be more cost efficient. I do know home remodeling but it has been a long time since I dealt with mortar and grout and I wasn't sure which I should get or would my only choice be buying more 20lb buckets of the Quikrete I had before. So I went up to the counter in the masonry department with only a single bag of mortar on it and asked my question and added an explanation of why I needed something with no grit or sand in it. The supervisor or manager, not sure exactly which title he holds but for certain it was one of those considering how he was talking to the cashier which was a bigger guy and took his talking down to by the guy with no expression. He (the one talking down to the cashier) was the one I asked and explained everything to in a short form since I said "Excuse me, I have a quick question" and he leaned on the desk with his arm, tilted his head and gave me this look yet said nothing. I told him the main thing is I need something with no sand or grit in it just like the Quikcrete cement I had before but was wondering if mortar or grout would be the same powder form or just stick with the Quikcrete cement. He said grout has sand in it, mortar does not. I said "Oh ok, so mortar doesn't have any sand at all in it so that would be what I need because I need to put it in a grout bag and squirt in into small cracks to seal them?", his expression never changed and he said "Yes". I said thank you and proceeded to the register right by the counter. I wheeled out the cart to my car, popped my trunk and another employee was going to his car that happened to be parked next to mine. He said "You need help with that?" and started to laugh and walked away. I take it since it was only one bag and I had it on a small cart, the employees at Lowes think a person should carry it. I work smarter, not harder. Nobody with any common sense would carry a 60lb bag or mortar and get it all over them. By that point I was ready to go in there and start smacking the taste out of every one of their mouths. Who do these people think they are talking to people like that? But of course, I didn't because I would be labeled the bad guy and I would be the one the police would be arresting if I did what I wanted to do....actually what SHOULD be done.

I get home, open the bag to start mixing.......the mortar is probably around 70 to 80% SAND. I was pissed. Not only did the guy have the biggest attitude but he lied, plain and simple and the smart mouth employees obviously follow his lead on how to treat customers. I emailed Lowes and told them of this experience and how when I come back I am going to confront that *** and be just as respectable to him as he was to me. What is Lowes response? Nothing. I called to talk to someone about the same incident, my calls get mysteriously disconnected while I wait.

If you get updates on your review I want to say I feel for you and again I agree with you on how companies/employers seem to allow their employees to talk to customers anyway they want and nothing is done about it. I hope your remodel went well and happy to hear Lowes did not get a penny of it.

I had a similar experience at the Lowe's in Durham NC on Fayetteville Rd . It was in the gardening center and has left a bad impression on me.

The staff was unbelievable rude, immature, and it was amazing that they thought they could get away with it. One "staff" person thought he was funny by driving the fork lift just inches away from me, then laughing with his coworker about it.

I spoke to a manager who was actually pleasant, but have visited this location again and haven't seen any changes. I'll be taking my money to another store where the employees know how to treat a customer with respect.

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes review in Raleigh, North Carolina: Employee said he would smash my face in

Today I went to Lowes to get some moving supplies and paint samples. We are finally moving into a home and I can't wait to do lots of DIY projects! I am 26, a woman, and I have blonde hair. I came alone and wandered around for like 30 minutes, not once did anyone ask me if I needed help finding anything. I started looking for someone to help me. It seemed like at every turn I got dismissed from help or someone was faster to speak up, so there I was lost in the store. I picked up a black phone and called customer service, I asked the lady where the moving boxes were and she said "at the end of seasonal, on the way out the door.". Ok great, I finally had directions. Nope. Got lost again. Couldn't find it. Asked James for directions to the moving boxes and he said, "oh I'm trying to load up a lawnmower for a customer on the loading dock.". He didn't have time to point or go "that way" but he could tell me that. Lost again. I tried to catch a lady with red hair, she looked at me and turned a corner really fast as to dodge me. Then finally I got frustrated, went to the end of seasonal near the door and picked up another black phone to ask for help. It was behind a computer desk and not a single employee was in sight. I told the lady that was crazy that no one was at the computer that anyone could just walk up and do whatever they wanted and that's wasn't safe. She then said she would get someone. Thats went Victor showed up. First thing he says is "I wish she would touch the computer, I'd smash her face in." OMG WHAT! All I wanted was a point in the direction od the boxes and packing tape. I told him I didn't think that was very nice and it was rude and he said, "what it's the truth, ive said worst to customers." he did show me where the boxes were and I got the feeling he only said it because of my age. I couldn't believe he spoke like that to me and it didn't even phase him or bother him. I said "I bet you wouldn't talk to a man like that." and he said "yes I woul

You sound like a psychopath and a ***. You can't just go around to a store using their phones and going behind computer terminals because you want to.

I get that you think you are the most important person on the planet and everyone should drop what they are doing to help you, but you are not. Sorry, but people were before you and they have priority when they need their law mower loaded.

The redhead was probably in the middle of helping somebody else and didn't need some self important *** bothering them at the expense of somebody else. People managed to circumnavigate the globe using the position of the sun, go use your head next time instead of wandering around like a child crying for help.

Acctually the manager called me and said that he would use this as a training tool. No, a 70 yr old *** is not my former boyfriend. I don't know what happened with the guy if he was fired or not.

Joe you would fall for everything, it later turned out that Victor was her former boyfriend and she was stalking him and she just made it up to get him into trouble and he never threatened her.

Companies like this do not deserve my business. Bad service all the way around!

its very simple, go to a owner/operater typeof store. I have worked for 25 years it retail and all that the big box stores have done is lower the consumers expectations of what service is before,during and after the sale.

Wake up, you not saving anything...be a regular at a local store, get to be known and seen. Shop local and support your owner/operaters!

I'd have him fired then sued for assault.

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes review in Tyler, Texas: Vietnam Vets get screwed again!!!

I went to Lowes to get their so called Veterans discount and was told my 43 year old VA card was no good nor was my DD-214. So I tried The Home Depot. No problem. After spending thousands of dollars over the years at Lowes, I can can see there are only interested in my money and not my service. I Hsve watched my fellow Vietnam Vets get the short end of the stick for years and I'm sad to say it's still happening. America still wants to forget us. I'm sure going to forget Lowes.

Do you get 10% off gas? New car?

Why building materials?

Did you join the military to get $.19 off of a 2x4? Ridiculous

Quit friggin whinning you little ***

Lowes no longer considers a Vet’s DD214 as 'acceptable' proof of getting a 10% discount. Now - you have to be retired, active duty, or disabled vet - and have a Picture MILITARY ID to prove it.

So for all of us who served in the 'Nam and every other *** hole in the world, and didn't do 20 years or was disabled, Too bad! They will not give you a picture ID. I was forced to Nam and the ones who went to Canada was pardon by our presdent. I was spit at, called a babby killer and was forced to change my uniform after returning to the state for my safty.

How many Active Duty people have spent their entire career in the states?

Oh, they do allow vets discount on three holidays..........like, I can wait till Veterans Day, Memorial Day, or the 4th of July to buy a new appliance. I raised *** about their NEW policy! Obviously, a new policy made up by some office pogue who has no clue, and doesn't give a *** what real vets have been through!

I just retired from the military and now work at Lowes in delivery but had to learn the register for three days. I know what a dd214 is and a va id but people who weren't in the military oftentimes have no clue and since your id doesn't look like the sample one their register book they don't want to get in trouble.

From one vet to another, I appreciate your service. Next time elevate it to a manager and they will probably honor it

And yet, I see our store continually bend over backwards to give unwarranted "deals" to slumlord landlords and property owners all the time! But let someone who actually gave a good portion of his life defending this country TRY to get even a meager legitimate discount and it's "katy bar the door" time! Really sad.

thank you for your service! please shop at a locally owned store, introduce yourself to the owner and let him know that you are pledging your loyalty to his operation and see what happens.

No policies needed, not a corporate envrioment where employees cant make a on the spot decsion for a customer.

Its not the fault ofthe big box stores, thats just the way that they are designed to operate. Shop local!

Ah soh! You American kill my gleat glandfaddah!

He vietnam! *** American.

Hello. First of all, thank you for your service. I have a lot of respect for all veterans. You guys don't get anywhere near what you deserve.

I believe Lowes official policy is to only give the discount to active and disabled military personnel. I work at Lowes at nights, and I take care of any veteran that shows ID. My store is fairly lax about the policy.

Some stores, however, are not. Some people don't wanna risk losing their jobs for a couple of dollars. I believe Lowes does need to change the policy to cover all veterans. As far as I know, Depot has the exact same policy as Lowes. It's probably a lax Depot and a strict Lowes.

View more comments (7)
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Princeton, New Jersey: Newport News, VA- Store 420

The front end manager Jennifer has a nasty attitude and I will like to know why would you lowe's want a person like that to present your store. I know you can do much better that cashier kari, brooke, nett and there was one other I can't remember there name, but they were nice *** they were the only one nice that day. The manager in front should have a positive attitude that sad, while in the store there's other's that complain. One person say that there is nothing done about it, so just leave it alone, but I won't.

Was this written by someone who is illiterate or was at a monkey with a type writer. This is the first world, for God's sake.

You get a free education... and spell check.

Use at least one.

Also, I have had the EXTREME misfortune of dealing with both Jennifer and the old store manager, Kyle Lowery. They are why I support abortion.

It is very nice information.I like it.

Gotta remember that these people are probably overworked, understaffed and underpaid. I'm sure they try to keep a positive attitude, but everyone is human.

Surely you have bad days at work? I'd say cut them slack unless they're consistently nasty.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Cashier

Lowes review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Lowe's Bloomfield, MI

First of all I would just like to say WHATS WRONG WITH THIS STORE? My husband and i just had a garage fire this past February and needed to rebuild the old one. a friend of mine said Lowe's was a great place to get packages like that and that he would help me pick it out since i had no idea what i was doing. we order the package and the day that my husband paid for the package we made sure that we were using our mailing address our phone number and our names. They told us the earliest that they could deliver the whole package in two days but he wanted us to wait a week because they had a fun rasier with pontiac. said that's fine just make sure all is delivered at once. ROD (the man helping us) said ok. the delivery day: they call my friend that helped us put the package together and only dropped off 1/4 of supplies. two weeks later they deliver the tresses to a home in ponitac with the garage door to a different location. They also keep contacting the wrong person. Two weeks after that i had to call the store and ask them where my shingles and siding was at. the person that i spoke to told me that they are not ready. and when i finally received all of the supplies the wood was warped, the siding was FOUR different colors, they forgot items, they put items in the package that we told them we DIDNT want. I had to make four to five phones calls a week just to make sure i received the correct items to the correct place. the assistant manager was a *** (CHAD) and tole me everything was MY FAULT for having someone help me pick out the package. not only did i LOSE money building this garage because the team that i hired to build it i paid by the day and half the time Lowe's didnt show up with the supplies or just didnt bring the right stuff. I had to return more than $600 dollars of supplies that i told ROD that i DID NOT want and when i asked Chad for something for all of this hassle that ROD had put me through (order being totally wrong, delivering to wrong places, late deliveries, over charging) Chad told me that it was all my fault for having a friend pick out the package. Mind you that we gave Rod a blueprint with all the supplies that we wanted to order and the colors. We also showed Rod the color of the house and even brought in samples of the siding and shingles off of the house so he could get the correct colors. I will NEVER buy from lowe's again. they are rude and really dont know what they are doing there. I lost way too much money, time, and it took two months to build my 24x30 garage. please dont waste your time with this company,
Lowes Manager