Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Lied to me about buying a clarance item

I was lied to about, being able to pay for a stove on clarence and the delivery of the same. I was told you can not pay for a clarance item and pick it up later. When I went to get the item (1 day later) it was gone. I called customer service to find out that is not store policy at all. I spent over 2hrs on the phone with the very nice customer service rep., picking out another stove not even the quailty of the one I had seen , for 90.00 moor. It arrived scratched, I of course refused it. Never again Lowes.

Maybe you should have checked the clearance section. Clarance has nothing to do with the clearance items.

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Therma Tru Door

Our door looks fine on the outside but the bottom portion of the side lighting is a different color. So cheap composite plastic. Can't paint it to. nothing will stick to it. No where in the documentation does it say it would be a different color or material. This sticks out like a sore thumb. Everyone who has seen it say it is an eye sore. To add salt to my injury, Therma Tru states there is no defect or issue with the door. Just spent 4 grand on a door that looks cheap and poor. Therma Tru states they would supply a crown type molding to go over the defective piece. If I do that it will never match. Why does Therma Tru put such a piece on ther door. According to them it is to make it structurally sound. This is definitely a defect they are tryiong to cover up. HELP

I am having the same issue. Lowe's installed the door last week and company reps will be looking at the installation next week.

Was your problem solved?

I have 2 doors that have a vinyl outer face. This acts as the nailing fin and J channel for the siding.

Why why why does therma tru NOT weld this vinyl. Both of my doors leak. Costing me and my builder lots of time and money. After countless failed solutions.

I had the the company's REP out. And there solution was to add an extra "Flashing" piece.

I am extremely disappointed with the quality of these doors. :(

Dear Customer,

We appreciate your feedback concerning the standard trim piece that is on the bottom of your sidelites. The light oak trim piece will allow your door to function normally and is not used to make the door structurally sound. The door system is not defective.

This standard trim piece can be stained. To stain, lightly sand the trim piece and apply your stain. We will be happy to compensate you for a piece of molding and also provide you with stain. Please contact us to receive this compensation at 866-584-3668.

View more comments (2)

LOWES SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Husband purchased a Samsung Front Loader Washer and Dryer as my Christmas gift on Black Friday. The washer was delivered on time as scheduled however, Lowes did not bother to call us and tell us the dryer had not come in yet. Ok, no problem, disappointed but Dept Manager said it would come in the week after. NOPE, now LOWES is saying sometime in January. Of course the charges have hit our credit card without a product to show for it. Come pick up the washer Lowes and refund our money. Bad business, not cool, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lowes is off our shopping list, never again. Dont mislead your Customers Lowes not cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets put this in perspective. By policy and the ad once the stock is gone the sale is over.

So your store really helped you by allowing you to order the item at a cheap cheap price. So shut your pie hole you baby and tell your husband he is a real prince for buying you a washer and dryer for christmas.

Next year you will get a new steam cleaner and a hoover. Go stick your head in *** and thanks for never shopping lowes again...

So basically your husband is bossing you around treating you like a slave by purchasing a washer and dryer for you. Basically he gave you a chore for Christmas.

What a lazy *** He even got you to complain for him. Can't even write his own complaint.

No matter how big a retailer Lowe's is or will be, they do not have control over manufacturers and cannot magically force a manufacturer to deliver a product by a certain time, even if it's at the stake of a customer's satisfaction. So when they tell that an appliance might take more time to come in, what they really mean is -- it's going to take more time for it come in.

They can't speed up the process, no matter how hard they yell or ask Samsung.

Trust that they want your appliance to come in as much as you do, if only for you to stop giving them a hard time for something they cant control. :cry

It is now feb 16 2012 I too was to receive a washer and dryer for christmas and STILL have not seen it and they always tell me its smasungs fault well I DONT CARE whos fault it is should have told us up front but when I call they always say the mid of the next month not a good way to treat customers!!!!

#402069

Don't expect perfection out of others, even businesses, until you've achieve perfection yourself.

If this is all it takes to get you pissed, I can promise you that you are not a happy person.

Grow up and enjoy life.

Buy at Lowes and your fueling the Chinese economy. Almost everything they now sell is import junk from China.

Even if it's a little more, try going to an Ace Hardware, Best Hardware or any other local retailer that's more community based. Lowes is ALL ABOUT CHINA.

I'm gonna assume you got a heck of a deal on it, since it was black friday. Quit being one of the sheep and wait all year to purchase items on black friday...cheap ***

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Unfriendly,Unconcerned Terrible Service

Feedback Dept: Lowes Complaint, 11-17-11 I have had the worst experience in customer service today ever. I am 50 years old and know what good service can look like. Before describing the incident I will start by saying that this store has had horrible service for the 2-3 years I have been dreadfully going. Visiting store # 0056 is always my last option and I normally drive out of my way to Home Depot. Here is a partial list of what service looks like when visiting Lowes:- Failure to greet patrons, unfriendly and unconcerned about customers, unavailable to help - too busy with pricing or stocking inventory, employees grouped in 2 or 3's talking, never make eye contact which would commit to greeting or helping. The rare occurrence of assistance is where the associate points to the other end of store without aisle reference and returns to stocking shelf. Excellent way to chase off customers and their friends "" congratulations.- Occurrence: Checkout lineWhile scanning the items for final checkout, the clerk asked if I would like to sign up for a Lowes membership card and save a percentage on the bill. I said absolutely not because this store sucks and that I only shop there when it's the last option. Not getting the clue of having an unsatisfied customer on his hands, he then says which I quote "Since you will not be coming back, how about signing up anyway to get the savings." the clerk asked me a total of there times to sign up. Are you kidding me? This is the mentality of your workforce. Bottom line: Lowes management is pathetic and a disgrace to the business community. It sickens me to even spend the time to write this grievance. However, this new level of lousy, insulting service had to be shared with your company, my coworkers, friends and beyond. In case you are unaware, word of mouth is the strongest and most lasting type of advertising. As a send off, your online comment page refused to register due to the receipt not listing the proper code "" I expected nothing less. Store # 0056 14873Terminal 1611-16-1111:56:49Sale # S0056BR1 759614 11-16-11Manager: Patrick Cosley

SOUNDS LIKE YOU LOOK FOR THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS THERE BACK TO YOU. JUST SO YOU CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO COPLAIN ABOUT.

I SHOP THERE AND DONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM. JUST SO HAPPENS I KNOW THAT INTHE PAST CUPLE OF YEARS HOME DEPO IS CHANGING TO BE AS FREINDLY AS LOWES.

SO IF YOU DONT LIKE LOWES THER IS ALWAYS ACE,H.D,DIXELINE.WALLMART,SEARS,A LONG LIST OF HOME IMPROVEMENT PLACES. OR ARE THER BAD COMENTS FROM YOU THERE TO?

Review
We purchased a custom vanity and counter top for our bathroom. We included Lowe's installation in the purchase. The contracted company came out to measure and access and said install would be easy. We then learned that Lowes would not install the unit we ordered from...

Did they give you a reason for not installing it. Lowes wouldn't and can't just back out.

At my store, we bend over backwards even on things that are not our fault to resolve for the customer. There has to be a reason.

View more comments
Loss

Lowes in High Point, North Carolina - Lowe's Has Changed!

Lowe's doesn't care about it's employees, or former workers. I have a real Horror story to tell.They're just like any other large company, the more you do for them, the more they treat you like ***! I'll never return to a lowes store because of the way they've treated me.If I find someone that will help me,I plan file a Lawsuit.....Also,after you leave lowes, all management people treat you like you've never worked there. You're spitting into the wind if you need info. or get any help from the Lowe's corp.

LAWSUIT! I'm filing a LAWSUIT!

I'm going to file a LAWSUIT because I'm too pathetic to get a job and stick with it. I would rather sit on my butt and get a settlement that way I don't have to roll by fat butt around town and be a productive member of society...LAWSUIT...I'm going to file a LAWSUIT!!!

Don't be bitter. The only people I have seen complain about lowes are the ones that don't realize they don't fit what the company needs to succeed and they try and find ways around working instead of doing what it takes to get the job done. You "threatening a lawsuit" speaks volumes.

View more comments (1)
Review
Managers continue to treat associates like *** and keep their jobs. Someone I know works for Lowe's and they did not hire any additional help for the Christmas season in the garden with the addition of the tree tents this year, there is one person in the morning to...

Our store has consistantly gone down in the Employee Opinion Survey with the number 1 issue being LOUSY Store Manager with a 99% poor rating. Finally corporate wanted to know why we rated it so low.

They sent in about six differnt people over a three day period to "confidentially" ask us why. The Result??? RETALIATION! Threatened jobs, forcing people that are dating to transfer to other stores.

not letting people working 4 hours take 15 minute breaks (violation of Federal law), changing schedules, cutting hours etc..AND the joke is that all of this is being enforced by the same Store manager we complained about. And he dates a vendor rep that is in the store all of the time.

If the job market returns I see a mass exit of Lowes employees. This store is equal to a circus being ran by the clowns.

View more comments

Lowes in Las Vegas, Nevada - *** Attittude Cashiers

LOWES @ East Charlseton Blvd, Las Vegas, NV I walked out to the garden section to pay for my stuff. As I approach the cash registered, I see this young woman(the cashier) leaning onto the counter where I set my things to checkout. She was talking to a family with a newborn. I wait for a minute or so then walk between the cashier and the lady with the kid to get to the only active checkout. Right away the cashier has an attitude, like how dare you interupt my social life just to pay for your things. As we left the cash register and walked outside the man that was picking up the woman with the baby pulled up right in front of us, OFF the designated road, and blocked our exit to the parking lot. My gut feeling is that this was racially motivated. What ever happened to stores that at least pretend to appreciate your business?

Anytime you feel like you are being disrespected or are not getting the service you deserve, all you have to do is ask for the MOD. Its the MOD's job to take care of this sort of thing.

If you leave the store without saying anything to the MOD how do you expect them to handle the situation and make anything better? If no one says anything then they assume everything is ok.

Stop reposting. We got the hint the first time you pulled the race card and cried like a big baby.

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's unbelievably horrible service

We recently ordered a washer and a dryer online at Lowes.com and we got our washer the next day with stains on it, bugs inside it, opened packages, and every time we use it, we smell something burning from the washer. Also, upon delivery, they just had us sign, but we received no invoice or receipt. We called Lowes for an exchange but once we spoke to them, they told us they never sent us a washer, upon calling them several times, each time, they told us they would call us back but we never received a call back. Today when I called, the customer representative chastised me for calling in so many times talking to too many different representatives about the issue, therefore causing confusion in the store. He also chastised me for using the internet service which has no valid way of contacting actual human people according to him and therefore was unreliable. When I asked why they have the internet ordering service then, they replied it existed for people to browse and find what they wanted. When I asked if he thought I could find the order information by calling the main corporation he said no, they wouldn't know anything and I would have to speak with the department manager. Also upon my last call before today, suddenly my order history details online had disappeared and only showed that the washer had been delivered and the dryer had been ordered. I called and finally got someone from the main corporation to send the order information they found to the manager at the Lowes I ordered from but of course I have to wait and see if that will actually help or not. So far, all of the customer representatives I have spoken to have been very unfriendly, unreasonably angry, or sounded annoyed. Safe to say, I was a little displeased with their service and plan on avoiding Lowe's when buying products in the future.

When you buy someting on line there is a way to print off a receipt. Upon further review of your complaint, it sounds like you need to call the store and ask for their District managers phone number.

that will get them working for you. If they said there's now way of finding your purchase their full of it.

There is a way but it may take a little more time out of their day. There's always a way, don't take no for an answer.

Review

Lowes will not honor their carpet warranty

We purchased carpet from Lowes 2 years ago and moved out of the house this summer to a new one. When we moved the furniture the carpet was lighter where furniture had been. We vacuum weekly and have had the carpet cleaned professionally twice. We called Lowes and they sent out an "independent" carpet company to look at it and they said it was due to fireplace, a smoker or candles. We don't use our gas fireplace, we have never had a smoker in our home and we don't burn candles. There was a 10 year stain warranty and they will not do anything about the $6,000.00 worth of carpet we purchased and we will have to replace our 2 year old carpet before we can sell the house. Do not buy carpet from them.

Lowe's doesnt honor the warranty. If you have a problem its with the carpet MFG.

Lowe's is a good company but why must they take a loss when the carpet MFG handles warranty problems.

Know what you are talking about before you start bashing someone. Had you been listening or reading the contract before purchasing the carpet, you would have known this.

First of all I am not a mid informed consumer. I know the carpet company carries the warranty but lowes is the place we bought it from and they have been horrible to deal with on this. If you can't add anything to the conversation then don't say anything.

Here we go again, another misinformed consumer. Get out you warranty and read it.

You will find the warranty is issued by the company that made the carpet NOT Lowes. Why are you blaming the store when they have nothing to do with the warranty?

View more comments (2)