Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes Hardware Rochester nh

I bought a Roper washing machine about 8 months ago and had problems with it leaving lint all over the clothes everywhere a couple months after. I called the store and explained it to them about what it was doing so they gave me the phone number to have it looked at by one of their appliance techs. The guy came by and opened it up and let it run for awhile and shut it off and said we were using to much soap and to not fill the machine more then half way with clothes. We tried what he said and then it didnt do anything!! The lint looked like it was dropped on the floor and dragged down the street!! We called again and they told us if he comes by again then we would have to pay a fee for him to come out if there was no problem. He came by and it was the same person that came the first time!! He did the same exact thing he did the first time, Nothing!! We went to Lowes numerous times and they kept making me come back and talk to this person and that person(nothing but the run-around) We asked if they could give us a new machine and they said no! Now we have a machine that is defective and the clothes come out dirtier then they went in. I chose this as a last resort to try to solve this problem!!

You have to go to the STORE MANAGER, or further up the chain of command to get anywhere with this issue. File a complaint on their website.

Lowes in Fulton, New York - Sponsorship of Rush Limbaugh

You have not dropped your sponsorship of Rush Limbaugh after his disgusting remarks about Sandra Fluke. We frequently shop at Lowes because it's only 1/4 mile from our home. We buy paint and supplies and flowers and shrubs and trees, outdoor furnishings, grills. We have been long-time customers. We remodeled our bathroom with everything bought at Lowe's and had their employees install. But as long as Lowe's continues to sponsor Limbaugh, I will never step foot in the store again. Please do the RIGHT THING and stop his spews now. I'm fairly certain that close to half of your customers are women. We won't forget.

Let me stick my two fingers into your liberal a###.Get a life you ***

Their customer relations is garbage. they treat people that come into the store with disdain and comtempt here in temecula california.

I didn't know that lowes supported rush lamebafoon but see this doesn't surprise me. They both suck.

I am a conservative. Rush Limbaugh stupidly called a woman a "***" on his show recently.

His remark has been vilified (justifiably) by nearly every commentator on television.

What galls me here is the double-standard by the "lame-stream" media.

Last year liberal comedian Bill Maher called Sarah Palin the 'c' word (rhymes with "punt") on his show, in addition to mocking her Down Syndrome son. Yet not one person in the mainstream media has ever even mentioned it!

I have always gone to Lowes but since his last attack on Fluke I just cannot go there anymore. I know Lowes ran their ads on Rushs program in 2010 and 2011.

Everything I read says they still support him. I have to go elswhere for my home and business needs.

I just can't support hate speech anymore, it has to stop. God Bless.

Hole depot is not so great, lowes is much better! Support on lowes!

I am a contractor and spend at LEAST $3,200 every month there an some at home depot which is always a headache when I go there.

And besides, other democratic radio show hosts and tv hosts have said MUCH worse! If lowes DROPS rush I will drop thwm

Limbaugh has Lowes as a sponser, for sure. He is totally sick.

A poor little rich *** with a sick mind. I would bet he was a former Lowes Store Manager early in his "professional" life.

Just got a $30000 dollar loan to do renovation on my Brooklyn home. Our local Lowes is right across from our local Home Depot.

If Lowes continues to advertise on Rush LImbaugh's show, I will do all my supply shopping at the Depot for now on.

I believe in free speech... I won't subsidize hate speech.

Do the Right Thing Lowes.

Go somewhere else you looser. You are likely the type of customer who *** and moans about everything you buy anyway. Your pennies are a drop in the bucket.

I just became a Home Depot man !

you know that lowes is a Rush supporter how?

LOWE'S FLUSH DRUG LIMPBALL

View more comments (11)

Lowes in Palatine, Illinois - Advertising

I refuse to further patronize Lowes so long as they continue to support and advertise on Rush Limbaugh Show. Interesting that Lowes cut advertising on show because they objected to showing details about a Muslim family, but continues to support such a misogynistic *** as Limbaugh. Although I have a Lowes just 3 miles down the road from where I live, I will no longer purchase anything there. I also have available, although a little further from me, a Menards, as well as Home Depot, Sears, etc. They will get my support in the future. Lowes-no more until you shed yourself of the albatross Rush Limbaugh. It's a shame, because on the positive side, I do like your support of Jimmie Johnson.

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Sad

its a sad day for you look what we did for LOWES think what we will do to you you get your money from US we can go someplace new and we will watch and see.we the people are not going to be silena any longer you will see we are going to take our country back from the libs that want to destroy it and you will have to make a choice which side are you on the left or rightpeople are sick of being told to shut up and sit down we the people will not shut up. you can suport any show you want and we can do the same

Looks like you need to go back to the 3th grade and finish your education. This is a LOWES complaint board, not a Tea Party political board.

Lowes in Old Orchard Beach, Maine - Lowe's former employee complaint

From April 2008 to Oct. 2011 i was an employee of Lowe's On Oct. 16 my particular store closed due to marketability questions or whatever. We were paid 2 months and remained employees til Dec. 16 fine. Since the closure i have applied for 50 or more positions at other lowe's stores in the region with not as much as 1 interview. I don't feel this is right that i couldn't have had at least one interview after the time at the company but of course many will say tough. I applied for one position way outside th region (north Dakota actually 2 one in indiana and got responses from both. This indicates a sort of block in this area where i live . In agreement or not i have decided 2 months ago to discontinue any shopping at Lowe's and advise friends and relatives to do the same at their discretion. Finally in my 3and1/2 years working there i missed 2 days (callouts) only. Not good enough as i was not a good lackey.

I left lowe's because they would not hire me full time. They would hire outside of the store, and I have more education than most of the management that I worked for.

They treat women like *** and expect you to do everything. One day I even had to mop up vomit!!!!!

I absolutely hated working there and would not recommend anyone to work there. The benefits are horrible if you are part time and the pay is horrible as well.

As a woman of Lowe's, theirs discrimination here! No upper management positions.

They have gone to hiring out of store. there's no reason to want to stay at Lowe's. They don't promote from within!! You get told one thing from a mgr.

and then management changes and then EVERYTHING is out the door! Here in N.Carolina, they push you to sell but for what? They want you to push customers to take their credit cards, my lowes card? Customers turn every corner in the isles and are attacked by customer service people "PUSHING" something on the customers!

No wonder they are going else where. If they are NOT going to PROMOTE the EMPLOYEES that have been working their then WHY PERFORM FOR THEM! These HR people are just there to back up the manager. If you get hired, your starting pay is "COMPUTER GENERATED"??

DUH? You can't argue with a computer! Takes ALL the HUMAN element out of working for them and no matter how good you are there's always an EXCUSE as to why you weren't given priority first! One man wondered why he didn't get a chance at a position that he wanted to try for.

He was asked to help out a delivery the day they choose the applicants and was NOT given the chance cause he was out helping a delivery?

Management changes whatever they want to fit how they want it. There is no HONESTY in Lowe's Management!! They make their own BEST deals for THEMSELVES TOO!! They can best take advantage of STEALING from LOWE'S!!

Cashiers see it ALL THE TIME!! I would not support a company like this!!

So your entire store got laid off and you expect to find a position nearby, how many other employees reapplied. And shouldn't they have given you a month or so notice they were shutting down, this was the time you should have looked into transferring not after.

Nature of the business.

Companies are all cutting back. Employees have to re-apply to continue emplyment.

Even then, they may loose senority and benifits. It's a win-win-win situation for the company, none-none-none for the employee. Empleyees really have no power, even though the compnay says they are employee focused! They really mean...

until it no longer suits them.

This is true for almost all companys.

The rules are: (1) Companys make the rules. (2) There are no other rules.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Did not allow credit card discount on special order

I applied for a Lowes credit card. The brochure states that you will get a 5% discount. It has exceptions, but those exceptions do not include special orders. I call it "bait and switch." I ordered a bath fixture and went to pay for it and did not get the 5% discount. The store manager said that the 5% does not apply to special orders even though it is not stated at an exception in the advertisement for applying for the card. My only option is to go to small claims court and get some kind of satisfaction with this complaint.

Target Red Card is 5% immediate discount - on sale msde or not. When I use Visa MC AEX Discover Card etc.

I get my reward whether or not the item is on sale. But I guess since my large window order is 15% off this month it is really only 10% off.

So there is no incentive to use their card and I won't.

I find you amusing to say the least. Have you been through a small claims process with a large corporation?

Their attorneys would use your court documents as toilet paper.

You also would be wasting 4-5 hours of your life for absolutly nothing. Let it go flyboy go get a refund and go elsewhere.

Special orders are definitely included for the 5% off, except for Electrolux or Fisher Paykel appliances. As someone else stated, any discounted item won't qualify for 5% off.

And....you're seriously thinking of going to small claims for a 5% off discount? Wow. Get a life.

Flyboy

Yes, that is the company line, however, it is not what is advertised on the brochure offering the discount when one uses the Lowes credit card.

Flyboy,

Special orders are included unless the price was already discounted. For instance if the fixture was normally $300.00 and they are running a 10% off of that item then you would not get the 5% However if you bought the item at full price you indeed should get the 5% off.

Our systems are set up not to offer it though on a previous discounted item. Double dipping. Sorry for the problem.

Special order items are included though. That manager needs to read up on policy

View more comments (4)
Service
Lowes Advertisement

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Hiring Practices

Don't ever apply for a position at Lowes in Ruston Louisiana. There Human Resource Manager is a racises againsdt whites. My son was told he had a position, full time at this store. Over the course of two and a half weeks he was drug tested twice, given a name tag, locker and vest. He reported to work every day at the time this 23 year old kid who was the Human Resource Manager told him to be there, Jacoby is his name, and half the time he was never there. I guess he works only two dasys a week. After chasing him down, my son was old he did not have a job. The position was given to a black man. I went to the store to speak with Jacoby about what was going on, and was told he was not at work, what else was new. This nice young department manager was kind enough to get in touch with Jacoby and let me speak with him. To no avail I still to this day do not have an answer to why the position was never given to my son, but to a black man. Upon leaving the store the nice young man informed me we where the wrong color. "Lowes in Ruston only hires blacks. " I have done a lot of business at Lowes over the years, and having my own business in Ruston, I will be telling every one never to shop at Lowes again.
Review

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Lowe's Next day delivery JOKE!!!

Purchased a Whirlpool side by side on Saturday, they wouldn't deliver until the following Saturday (& we live in a small town). That's one week not next day. So, my husband and I couldn't wait and rented a Uhaul. We have 3 kids, one that needs refrigerated medication. Brought the fridge home in the Uhaul on Sun, husband and neighbor scratched the top of the fridge door bringing it in (never would have happened if their people delivered it next day) So Lowe's contacts me with an offer of a $50 gift card. What about the $100 for the Uhaul, $600 for a new door since it was scratched? You say "next day" delivery...joke! Never again will I purchase from them I am beyond pissed and unsatisfied.
Scarface

If it says next day, it should mean next day! They had medical needs.

Can you people read Or are some of these commentors complete idiots? I think the latter.

You have some nerve. Your husband damaged something and you expect the store to pay for it?

Be thankful you got the $50. I would not have given you squat

OK so they told you before you paid for it that it would be 1 week before they could deliver right? Its their fault you decided to rent a Uhaul?

and YOU scratched it and you blame them? I suppose you are one of the "people of walmart" get a life.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Gift Card

Lowes in Columbia, South Carolina - Lowe's inferior Installers

Update by user Mar 29, 2012

Since my complaint about my Lowes doors I received my money back from Lowes in full, but they never paid for the damage they did to my door opening. I also received a call from the Presidents office and all they were concerned about if I signed a release, which I did, once I did I could not sue them or the contractors working for them.

It did not say I could not make sure others did not hire Lowes for their installations. Mr. Niblock\'s office wanted to know what they could do better to improve their installation process. 1st thing they need to fire all the contractors working for them.

The contractor that messed up my door openings was 3G\'s, I understand they took a 48 hr. construction course where the instructor builds up the contractor. The Last contractor here from Lowes was Mac Renovations. He did not know how to test if the doors were plumb or square.

How he does it if the door does not move after installation when you open the door then it is plumb and square. It is obvious Mac Renovations learned his trade from a strap hanger. The manufacturer includes instructions with all doors one must read them inorder to have a properly fitting door. Needless to say my french door is not in the opening plumb and square because it wobbles and rattles.

It sounds like Mac Renovations and 3G\'s needs to find a new line of work. They are not quality contractors, if they were they would not be working for Lowes.

Original review posted by user Feb 27, 2012

I purchased 2 sets of doors from Lowe's March 17, 2011. Contractor # one was fired because he was high on drugs. Contractor # 2 took out part of the door frame and header on my front door and all the frame work on the french doors. neither door fit right because of this. They had to come back and install 3 more sets of doors, which were still not right. So Lowes sent contractor # 3 out with 2 more doors, he did a half decent job except the door frames were never rebuilt properly. The front door was a shorter door than the original opening, the threshold had a bow in it so the contractor built the floor up to meet the bow in the threshold so I now have a half moon threshold. The french doors were in crooked, but solid in the opening. I had Lowe's upper mangement and reliabuilt mfg. a warrenty people here and they all agreed the door was not in the opening properly. So Lowe's sends contractor # 4 with 2 more sets of doors for the front and back. He could not get the french door in as he is drilling the door to the frame work and house the frame is falling out and the screw is going every which way. He never checked the opening or frame to see if they were plum and square. I asked if he was and he told me he did not need to. The door handle on the french door was never installed properly and I landed up getting locked out because the outside handle turned 180 degrees up or down. I had to call a lock smith to get me back into my house, this cost $60. The Locksmith said the contractor did not install the handle correctly After 11 doors and 11 months later, Lowe's gave me my money back. Lowe's never paid me for the damage contractor did to my home. Buyer beware, DONOT use Lowe's installers.

so lowes don't care about their good door installers they let them go only to hire installers that do more stores so they don't have to deal with to many installers but what lowes doesent realize is its the little guys that built them like me for ten years with a 100% rating too bad lowes im doing just fine on my own now

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - No customer service

On 2/27/12 at 1:15 p.m. at the Seaford Lowes on Rt 13, in Seaford, DE, after looking at bathroom vanities for 20 minutes not one sales associate came to ask if I neded any help. This was on a Monday afternoon and the store was not busy. A male and female associate stood around joking with each other but no one approached me to ask if I needed assistance - which I did. A woman shopping alone doesn't get any help because a man is not accompanying her? I was looking to remodel a bathroom with installation to be completed by Lowes. Now I am determined to go elsewhere. You just lost a good customer.

So instead of saying to the folks at the service desk could I get assistance in aisle 22 you approach with a nasty attitude and start giving a cashier *** about something they cant help. You are a typical jackwad.

Take your money to so and so. Who really cares about your whimpering and bawling!!

I want I want every *** day then you got the nuts to *** online about it. You disgust normal hard working sales people.

Put yourself in the poor saps shoes that has to stand there and take your *** all day long. Stop being so needy and ask for help instead of expecting someone to wipe your nose for you.

#451910

I'm with Maduda. If I was a man standing there looking at mowers I probably would have seen a red apron.

Nope. I guess they don't think that women are capable of making high end purchases without a man. Actually, I don't believe that, I believe their customer service stinks no matter what sex you are. They lost my $1500 or more of business tonight at the Lowes in Auburn, NY.

I even stopped at Customer Service while the two young people were chatting and told them because they had no one around they just lost my business. I don't have a problem asking someone for help, if I could find someone within 7 aisles of the mowers. It's a beautiful spring day, 80 degrees in NY on March 19th, wouldn't you have someone strolling around the mower section to wait on people? Did the customer service people stop me and apologize and say they will get someone to help me asap?

Not a chance. I headed for Home Depot, I guess it just wasn't my night to purchase mowers, their customer service people must have been taking a siesta with the Lowes employees.

All Lowes Specialists are delibritly doing a work "slow-down" and not dealing with customers. This is because they are mad that they got 3-days notice back in mid-February that they wouldn't be making commission any more and just getting paid hourly.

So don't be surprised if you see Lowes employees just milling around, and not asking customers if they need help! :p :roll :p :roll

Cry me a river sister. Have you ever heard of "excuse me sir or miss" service is gonna be hard pressed in a lowes anymore anyhow.

Just exactly why do you thing people in the store were put there to kiss your hind end and chase you down? We are not. Use some common sense.

Ask... Oh and now I suppose you will tell me just how much money you spent there last year..

I work for LOWES and as sales specialist I like to let customers look around in my dept. before I approach them and ask if they need any help or have questions.

I get brushed off with the stink eye more often than not.

so i will continue to do things my way and chance running into you, I see people like you everyday... sad isnt it.

Why did you not go shopping with a parent. That way they could have said excuse me Maduda is my seven year old daughter/son and he would really like some help.

If you are actually an adult why did you not go and ask for help?

They are not mind readers you know. Some people get offended when they are asked for help, act as if they are accused of stealing.

View more comments (5)