store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Lowe's Poor Delivery | Lowes review from Denver, Colorado

Lowe's has the worst delivery business practice in the world! They won't call you to confirm times, your order is half completed, & they send installers who have no clue what they're doing. I didn't realize that putting a pedestal on a dryer would be that complicated but wait until you deal with Lowe's you will find a new definition of incompetence. If you don't have a job and don't mind them delivering your things in 4 deliveries or don't mind them coming back out to fix the the poor work they do, then this is your place. Otherwise, run like ***!
Tags
  • worst delivery

Lowes Poor Carpet Install/Defective Mohawk Carpet

Purchased $5,000+ worth of Mohawk Cheyenne carpet from Lowes in Cary, NC. Watsons Flooring did the install for them - did poor job - bad seams and damage to walls/baseboard. Also turns out carpet contained factory defect - a large line running entire length of roll. So now every room in our new home has this terrible scar. Have spent last month trying to get this fixed but Lowes is dragging their feet and doesn't seem interested having a satisfied customer. So we will not be paying the Lowes credit card bill until it is fixed. We will also be taking legal action if it is not corrected in next week.

Dishwasher ordered on internet not at store | Lowes review from Athens, Georgia

Yesterday, 6 July 2012 We ordered from Lowes' on the internet a dishwasher that was marked in stock at our local store (Buford Drive, Gwinnett County, Georgia) and paid in full .by credit card We received an email confirmation within one hour that confirmed the sale and stated that our unit was ready for pick up. We drove to the store later that day and was informed that they did not have the dishwasher we had purchased available. The staff were inexperienced and unapologetic. We wasted a lot of time driving in traffic. Eventually found one at another store 15 miles away. Had to go through the process of cancelling one order and submitting another. Will not work with Lowes again.

Who buys a dishwasher online? If you're going to pick it up anyway, why not just wait until you get there.

Patrick

if I were, you would have called the store ahead of time. because it's not like an online order is done in a minute.

and the employees were inexperienced and unapologetic for not having something in stock?

what's your idea of them being experienced and apologetic? kissing your shoes and saying sorry over and over again while another employee drives to another store to get the dishwasher for you?

If you are going to get a product at a store in your area why wouldn't you pick up the phone and call the store to buy it? The computer isn't going to physically pull your order--a human will have to do it.

I can't believe any store has someone sitting there watching a computer screen just waiting to jump on your order. The employees at the store a busy helping the customers that actually take the time to come in to the store.

They may not see your oder the minute you hit the enter button. Next time you are buying at a local store pick up the phone and call them--better yet go to the store and be sure you are getting the product you want and it is in stock.

Internet orders must be 'processed' and ready within 20 minutes. Otherwise is it a 'ding' against the store.

Sometimes it takes longer than 20 mintues to confirm we have a product. The computers are not always accurate with stock count.

The email you receive is an auto reply once the order is tendered. You should have been called once it was deteremined the product was not in stock and offered a refund.

View more comments (3)

Lowes sucks

Bought a troy built mower from them, the drive belt went up and when we went back to the same store we bought the mower at... we were told they didn't stock the parts for the the mower, but they could order them online. Problem here is if I ordered the part myself I could get it faster and cheaper, since Lowes jacked up the price and on top of that wanted to charge almost $20 shipping to order a part they should have stocked in the first place! On top of that... the salesmen were rude, had no idea how to look up the part number - I had to do it for them.
Patrick

exactly, not every store has a replacement for everything. but every store does have loser customers like this guy.

Only a *** person would think a major retail store would carry replacement parts.

Do car dealer stock car parts for you to buy? Does Best Buy stock every part for every computer they carry?

C'mon....get your head out of your ***.

Big box stores usually do not have parts for mowers. You have to order them online or get them ordered through an authorized service place. This is NOT unusual.

View more comments (3)

Lowes - Bad Business Practice

I purchased a Troy Built lawn mower in November of 2011 from Lowes in Boise, Idaho and used it once. I then put it away per the instruction that came with it. The next spring it would not start. I contacted Lowes but all they do is tell me that the 30 days are up since I bought it and there is nothing they are willing to do. I think they need to take down their "customer satisfaction" slogan since they don't stand behind it. I have purchased quite a few appliances from them and now fear that no help will be available even though I purchased extended warrenties. Also, trying to contact the manufacture seems to also be a nightmare. I guess I just purchased a boat anchor. They love to take your money but it stops there.
Patrick

you're a ***. Lowe's will cover you on the products that you purchased if you purchased the extended warranties.

but it sounds like you didn't purchase one on the lawn mower. how do you expect a store to stay in business if they buy products from manufacturers to sell and then also have the responsibility of replacing it?? that's why they have extended warranties so you're paying them extra money and giving them extra profit so they can stay in business AND protect your product. but I guess you're one of those *** that think just because you bought something, that store created it.

I guess since Walmart sells Pepsi, they create the Pepsi in a little factory behind the store. losers like you are annoying because you get pissed over nothing, all because you're too dumb to understand how the retail word works.

John N

I would think Troy Bilt has a one year warranty, but I could be mistaken. Your owner's manual will contain the terms of a warranty. They are the one's to contact, not Lowe's. Lowe's did not build the thing and has no repairmen anyway. The manufacturer does.

There are any number of reasons the mower would not start after sitting all winter: 1. If battery assist, a dead battery? 2. Did you put Sta-bil into the gas tank and run it 10 minutes before storing it? 3. Was the air cleaner clogged?

You did not give us much info on what kind of mower or the symptoms experienced when attempting to start it.

As an aside: Troy-Bilt is really not the best mower. Try a John Deere for the top of the line in both tractor mowers and push mowers. Troy-Bilt is now owned by MTD who also owns Cub Cadet and Bolens. They used to be a good company and dependable machine, but when they went bust and were bought by MTD they got caught up in the MTD bureaucracy and I can believe how frustrating you can get trying to get them to do anything for you or anyone. They really don't care anymore and have ruined a good brand. Good luck. And buy a Deere!

View more comments (1)

Lowes unreliable

ordered a weber grill from the lowes website for delivery to my local store. Lowes "customer service" says its at the store, the store says they don't have it. They have my money and I have been waiting three weeks for the grill. I checked the website and if I order another grill to day it will be ready for pick up July 14th. the clerk at the store said they should have my grill in by the 15th. So, the clerks, the website and customer service all have no idea of what they are doing. Thanks for wasting my time lowes!

I ordered Weber grill on June 24th 2014. ...Lowes lost it....

Than gave me a story about a Longshoremen strike......Its now September 16th and still no weber grill!!! What a joke...their customer service the department person and store manager are very unprofessional.

big b

dont ever buy off the internet. customer service people are in an office and dont know whats goin on.

if you bought it from a person than they could have helped you. return it

View more comments (1)
Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowe's vendor lost our 16 foot retractable awning! | Lowes review from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

My husband and I ordered a retractable awning for our back porch on June 6th from Lowe's. We were told it would take two weeks to be made and be ready for pickup at the store. We waited until one day after the due date and called just to be told they hadn't started producing it yet. It was supposed to be delivered today, June 29, nine days late. Today we found out that they lost it! Lowe's brushes us off, the delivery company (R+L Carriers) brushes us off and Awntech (the manufacturer) brushes us off. Nobody knows where our $1,300 16 foot awning is. Could be in Texas, could be in Ohio. They don't know. They don't seem to wonder why we're so upset. Now we have to wait the weekend to see if they can even find it. I've asked Lowe's for compensation but the manager never offered voluntarily and really wouldn't talk about it. Don't buy anything big from Lowe's or Awntech or use R+L Carriers. I'll be dealing with Home Depot. Oh, and it also took five cashiers to figure out how to place an order for this awning when we first went to the store. Hey Lowe's.....how many cashiers does it take to ring up one awning? Stumped....huh? That's okay.....they don't know either. Seriously, what kind of business ethics is Lowe's trying to carry on. The manager told me this is just the way "corporate America " is now. Well, if it is, they won't be getting anymore of our money. Be cautions at Lowe's.

Upset | Lowes review from Poughkeepsie, New York

I purched a GE washer paid over $400.00. The washer started by making a flute kind of noise every now and then that the super cycle was used. I call to schedule a service call and of course the man that came to look at it didn't know what to look for becuase the washer did not make the noise. The second time it happen I opened the from ot the machine and recorded the noise and I notice that the soap was coming out close to where the belt is so I took pictures. when the service company came out again I showed him the pics. and he heard the noise that I recorde and of corse he still did not know what the problem was. But he said that he was going to order a (washer water level sensor) because he thought that was the reason the soap was coming out. But 15-20 minutes later he left I tried to do a load and the machine did not agitate nor spin I called the person back and he told me he was going to try to go back he though this time was the motor. Never came back never called me back I call them they said that instead they were going to call lowes advantage to approve of a buyout meaning replacing the machine because the motor was too expensive and buying a new machine was cheaper. 5 days later Lowes denied the claim because apparently the service company wrote on their report that there was no problems found with the washer. I am so pessed off because they didn't even looked at the machine after it stopped agitating nor spinning. Now a third service call have come out of pocket to see what is really going on with the washer. I paying for extended warranty service I have paid from my money for them to come out luckily it will be a different company, not Manassas Appliace (703-369-3114) they don't know what they are doing.

It lookes like your problem is with the service company NOT lowes.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Change in minimum payment | Lowes review from Atlanta, Georgia

I had a Lowes credit card but never used it. I was given the 5% discount on whatever I purchased at Lowes. My stove went out and I purchased one with a total of $400.00. Minimum payment was $15.00, so I paid $30. Their interest rate are 24.99%. I wanted to pay this off as soon as possible. I made the $30.00 payment for 3 months. My next bill stated my "minimum payment" was now $25.00 per month! Lowes raised my minimum payment to keep me from paying off the balance quickly. When I called their office and asked about it, I was told "they had a meeting" and decided to change the payment amount, however, Lowes fail to tell me about it and I but none of their other customers!
Nicole

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 072012_pc_Anonymous**

We would like to look into this issue. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account

- Mailing address associated with the account

- Your contact phone number

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

GE Capital

Lowes @ store level has nothing to do with raising payments or anything to do with credit changes. That's all the credit centers doing. U must have other purchases you made and increased ur balance therfore increasing ur minimum payment.

Patrick

if your next bill stated that the minimum was raised then obviously they did tell you. and why is a $25 minimum too much if you were already paying $30 anyway?

So you want to pay it off as quickly as possible, so you make $30 payments? Why not make $100 or $200 payments then?

How does raising your minimum payment keep you from paying off the purchase quickly? Raising your minimum payment will force you to pay it off more quickly and pay less interest.

View more comments (4)

Management Crooks | Lowes review from Antioch, California

Robert Taylor is one of the managers at Lowes Antioch,Ca..Off Lonetree.. I need to post the fact that this guy hired me to correct a green mess in his personal in ground swimming pool. After 6 to8 weeks of hard labor and chemicals, I turn in my bill and this guy straight up looks at me and said. " I didn't hire you". WHAT ??? What else needs to be said? This guy is a straight out CROOK... I saw him today while at Lowes and when I asked him for my $$$$ he threatens to have me thrown out. ..Now ain't that a kick in the teeth. I'll write this guy off but if your from this area.....Be warned....It all comes full circle.. May be not today ...but it is commin......