Rating: 5 Stars Clear all filters (88 of 4889 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Show
Rating:

Lowes - Lowe's extended warranty

4.7
Our washer, with a 3 year extended warranty from Lowe's failed on a Saturday. I called Lowe's, and they quickly set up an appointment with their repair service in Ocala, FL for Wednesday. I was very pleased with the service so far. Then, their repair company called and stated that it would be an additional week before they could even check the washer. I called Lowe's and this time it was "call the repair company." So, I cancelled the appointment, called Mr. Appliance, a local company, and in two days, our washer was repaired. Sure, it cost me a repair service call, but the service from Mr. Appliance was excellent and timely. My recommendation is do not buy extended warranties. You always have to deal with a local company in the end which is not worth the hassle. Lowe's is a great company, it is just extended warranties that seeming always create more hassle than they are worth.
Lowes Washer And Dryer Warranty
Cons
  • Extended warranty service
Warranty issue
Loss
Tags
  • Extended Warranty Service

Lowes in Silverthorne, Colorado - They closed my account for non use

4.5
This is an inconvenience and dings my credit report. Nobody contacted me first, they just closed it. The person in costumer service said it could not be reopened, and even suggested it was because of my credit rating. Not true at all..

The Lowe's credit card is through Synchrony Bank. Accounts are automatically closed after a period of inactivity. This is the bank's policy not Lowe's.

I work at home Depot. They don't give a *** either.

Why are you complain about Lowes? You never had an account with them that they could close.

You had an account with an independent credit company that issued a card with Lowes name on it that could be used at Lowes.

Lowes has no control over your account. Your complaint should be with the credit company.

@Anonymous

You are wrong. When I called the number in the notification letter, Lowes answered the phone. Also, Lowes selected the credit company.

@Zach Margolis

So Exactly What are you going to do about this?

@Anonymous

l plan to semi-anonymously whine on an irrelevant web site, and shop at Home Depot from now on.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Account

Lowes in Chico, California - Cashier

4.7
In general, I love Lowes. Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff. That's great, and that's why I keep coming back. But it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. At a check out aisle, I only had two small PVC adapters I wanted to buy (value -- a couple of dollars). Apparently, that little purchase raised her suspicions. She asked me, "Only those two items"? The question made me feel like she didn't trust me and thought I might be trying to steal something (hidden in my pocket or somewhere or there might be something else wrong with my purchase). Who knows? But the question put me on the defensive. Here I am trying to support their business, and the cashier disrespects me. That's why I frequently consider shopping at Amazon since they don't want to ding shoppers with micro-aggressive questions that make them feel like a thief or otherwise devalued. Lowes, please train/retrain cashiers to show as much respect for customers who spend two dollars and much as customers who pay two thousand dollars (let store security handle shoplifters). A lousy cashier can ruin an entire shopping experience. So, stop asking that type of question. It's offensive. Lowes tries hard to serve the community’s home improvement needs. So, I’m confident they’ll do something about an occasional bad apple.

Lol, micro-aggressive questions. Pull the stick out if your *** my friend. You think way to much of your self

“micro-aggressive questions” That’s a new one. Where did you get that term from, your shrink?

Relax and take your medication.

I’m sure it was an innocent question. Quit being so micro-sensitive.

Your an idiot. Please, this must be a joke. No one can be this dumb.

OMFG, are you kidding me? She asked you “only those two items” probably to try to engage you in conversation about your project/task.

Why is theft automatically where your mind goes?

Sounds to me like you have a guilty conscience. I also bet you’ve never worked w the general public.

@WOW

I don't want to be engaged in any casual conversation when I interact with a cashier. A pleasant smile from him/her would more than suffice.

Oh, yes, if anyone has a guilty conscience, it would be the cashier. Most folks who work the cash register are fine, but some of them may have to deal with their unconscious biases, and this is something Lowe's needs to monitor or they can forget about my comment and I'll just shop elsewhere. No problem!

G.B. America that we have so many choices!

@Anonymous

"lways seems to be a friendly staff person "Then you negate your first comment about friendly people. DB's such as yourself are the reason we have cashiers and such that don't want to be friendly not knowing what kind of @#$# a *** like you is on that day.Stay home next time loser.

@Anonymous

"Always seems to be a friendly staff person available to help you find stuff" is a true statement. I never said there always seems to be a friendly cashier available at the register.

No "negation" here.Sadly, you are giving a reason why you are unfriendly instead of apologizing for being that way.

Customers pick up on that unfriendly attitude and avoid shopping at certain stores or avoid certain cashier lanes. The tone of your comments says it all!

View more comments (6)
Lowes Cashier
Pros
  • Salesman
Cons
  • Cashier

Lowes - Online rebate submission

4.5
Recently bought windows from Lowe's considering the $500 rebate. Unfortunately, Lowe's website for rebates has serious issues from entering the information to submitting it! I don't understand why the purchase date format is yyyy/mm/dd ?? I've never seen it backwards before and when I did it on my cell phone there was no indication so I tried it for hundred times in vain. After figuring that out on my desk top computer, I entered all info correctly but it never confirmed my submission after hours of buffering! Needless to say, quite frustrated from spending all afternoon for nothing! Hopefully someone will help over the phone at customer service tomorrow!
Lowes Website
Pros
  • Edward at store number 1607 was very helpful
Cons
  • Online rebate submission doesnt work
Online rebate submission
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - DELIVERY DRIVER TAKING PICTURES IN MY HOUSE OF HIS DELIVERY WITHOUT ASKING PERMISSION

5.0
A delivery was made on Sunday March 18, 2018 and upon completion I saw the driver taking pictures so I asked what are you doing? and what is this for? and why?. He mentioned changes were made in his company and he doesn't work for Lowes, he is an independent company and that at all deliveries pictures must be taken. I was not asked permission and I thought this was wrong knowing I am signing for the delivery. I told him I wasn't in agreement. I did not call the store to report it because I am a frequent customer there and would not like to disclose myself but felt Lowes need to be aware of what is going on. This never use to happen before and as the associate said it's something new. Appreciate your time.

I expect the delivery company is just covering their *** They are taking pictures the products were delivered in good condition and that they didn't damage your house. You'd be surprised how may people call after the fact claiming the delivery drivers damage the product or that they damaged something in the house.

Vehicle Driver

Lowes - Doesn’t care about keeping customers

4.5
I had this credit card since 2008, never missed a payment. I had a $50 balance. Usually when the account is getting to a close for the month, they call to get payment from you if you haven’t paid it. I never got an email or an account notification either. When I received the mail statement, I called right away and asked if the $38 late fee could be waived, they said no. I was reminded that I did have a late payment 9 months ago. I paid the $50 balance plus $38 fee and I closed the account. What really made me upset, they NEVER once asked if they could see if they could keep me as a customer. Home Depot, most banks and other large finacial companies are able to work with you when you’ve been a loyal customer for 10 years who’s made every payment, and they care about YOUR BUSINESS.

They are terrible credit card company to deal with not worth it.

Bookcrazy
@Anonymous

Lowe's is NOT a credit card company! And, yeah, when you don't pay your bills, CC companies can be not very nice.

ANY creditor can.I'm a business owner and when my clients don't pay, you better believe I may not be "very nice" when I have to ask for money that is OWED me.And NO store CC is worth it. Get a VISA or MC if you want to pay with credit.

It's not their obligation to remind you ; but it is your obligation to pay.You knew perfectly well that you had a credit card and should have been aware of any outstanding balance.It is juvenile and irresponsible to state : "I never got an email or an account notification" as an excuse for nonpayment.The only thing you did right was to close the account ; store charge accounts are unnecessary, expensive, and, as you have seen, burdensome.

@William

The reason store accounts are expensive is because they give accounts to deadbeats that don’t pay their bills on time or pay them at all. It drives up the cost of doing business for the credit companies that issue the cards. The only way they have to make up the losses is to charge an outragious interest rate.

Had credit with Lowes for 20 years. Never missed a payment.

I asked them to raise my credit. Instead, they checked my credit score and lowered my credit. Now I can not even buy a cheap refrigerator.

What gives is that even fair? Does not pay to be a faithful customer.

@Heather

No you haven't. Lowe's doesn't issue credit.

Lowe's is not a bank. You have a credit card through a bank that issues a card with a Lowe's logo on it.

That's your own fault. Only a moron opens a credit card that can only be used at a single retail establishment.

@SDGNJdfg

Better advice I could not give than what you stated "Only a moron opens a credit card that can only be used at a single retail establishment."Rinse, repeat ...

@Heather

Of course they are going to check your credit score before they increase your limit. My guess is that you owe a lot more now than you did 20 years ago in comparison to your income.

You may have missed or been late in payments to creditors as well. I'm retired and don't have near the income I did when I was working.

I would expect if I asked for a credit increase they would probably reduce my limit as well. Thank goodness I don't rely on credit anymore.

Wonder why Lowe’s can’t keep up with Home Depot...customer service perhaps??

Your credit account is not with Lowes, it is with an independent credit company. Why should they have to hound you to make your payments on time?

When you applied for the account you agreed to make payments in a timely manner and were informed you would be charged a seat fee if you didn't. They held up their end of the agreement when they granted you the credit to make your purchase. Why don't you feel you have to hold up your end of the agreement?

You are the only one to blame for not making your payment on time. If you can't take responsibility for your own actions you shouldn't be applying for credit accounts.

@Anonymous

You don't own your own business, obviously. You punch a clock somewhere making $15/hr.

You have no idea what is involved in managing projects, employees, payroll and beyond all at the same time, whereby you miss one of maybe 50 or so monthly invoices. I spend 10s of thousands each year at Lowe's. I don't think the $38 late fee and loosing me as a customer was a good risk/reward prop. for them.

If you ever figure out how to be your own boss some day, you'll get an idea. In the meantime, get back to work you silly little hourly employee.

@Anonymous

If you make so much, send so much and are so busy maybe you should hire someone for $15/hr to keep track of your bill and pay them on time you pompous {{Redacted}}.

@Anonymous

I was paying someone $25/hr and they dropped the ball actually. Hard to find good help. Also, who the f*#% are you??

Bookcrazy
@Anonymous

Wow, you sound like a real {{Redacted}}. The creditor shouldn't have to call you to pay your bill.

@Bookcrazy

Don't you think this guy would be better off spending his time paying his bills rather than posting on complaint sites about his incompetence?

@Anonymous

You are correct. I do not own my own business.

I retired early from a career of retail management working for someone else where I managed a store with annual sales in excess of $50 million. Yes I punched a clock and my hourly pay was less that $15/hour. That involved managing 200 plus employees, making sure inventory levels were proper, the product was properly displayed and priced, working with delivery services etc.etc, but most of all meeting sales goals by providing proper customer service. I had someone processing over 50 invoices a day but I had to sign each and every one before they were sent to the corporate office for payment.

They were all processed within 24 hours of being received as we earned a discount for early payment.

If they weren't approved for payment a letter was sent to the vendor explaining why it wasn't being processed. Since I had a rather low hourly pay but still managed to earn a six figure income through bonuses based on keeping my payroll in line, inventory at proper levels, exceeding sales goals and a percentage of the bottom line profits I probably do have an idea of what it takes to run a business.

OP:Your complaint is with the independent creditor Lowe's does business with, Not with Lowe's.

@Anonymous

Yes, it is with an independent credit company but they represent Lowes. All payments were made on time.

@anonymous

Your complaint mentions 2 late payments, how could all payments be made on time?

View more comments (18)
Review
#1205233 Review #1205233 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Credit Card
Problems with payment

Love Lowes - five star service

5.0
This review is just on the process of calling on Lowes to install a replacement HVAC in my 2-story 3200 plus sq ft house. Process went very smoothly. Air Clinic was the subcontractor. Peter, Sunny and Austin from Air clinic did the installation in a quick and professional manner. The new system started without any problem. Thank you all and thank you, Mike Gaboda of Lowes. This is my fourth major project with Lowes. My husband and I are very satisfied customers. The costs of the projects were always reasonable and any issues were quickly resolved. Will update this review as we use our new HVAC system.
Installation
Pros
  • Professional customer service

Lowes in Danbury, Connecticut - Customer service

4.8
My husband and I were in the market for some Halloween yard decor, We found two items we really liked, Unfortuately they were floor models but your associates were more then willing to help us get them down and in a box. One associate in particular went above and beyond. Maureen Kuron brought over the lift because this hugh dragon was on the top shelp.She couldnt reach it still so she asked one of the male associates to try and he did however he couldnt reach it either. She then went and got the stairs and climbed up them to cut the tyes to bring it down as about 5 or 6 male associates decided to stand below and watch. Then she got the tyes cut and Bam!!! All the male associates disappeared like magic. This peitite woman had to drag this very large dragon down by herself at which time another female associate came over to offer her help. Not trying to say its not her job to do what she did however just wanted to say it would not have hurt for one of the men to do what she did by herself.So I wanted to send out a very big Thank you to Maureen and hopefully they appreciatye you as a valued associate.
Lowes Sales Representative
Pros
  • Customer service was amazing during purchase
  • Customer service maureen went above and beyond

Lowes in Medford, Oregon - Helpful and kind

5.0
They helped us with all our needs, also when we purchased our fridge and washer and dryer they have veterans discount for those who have served. They take the time to help the community when they can and also usually have friendly workers who ask if help is needed. I don't stay wondering for long, If I need help someone comes to me within 5 minutes . Scott helped us with discount plants for our yard recently and it means so much! I can't wait to have our yard up in running again. It's almost the last thing we need to finish up from our fire!
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • How helpful they were
Good customer service

Lowes in Eugene, Oregon - Exceptional Service !!!

4.5
We ordered a large refrigerator from Lowe's which was not in stock. It arrived ahead of competing suppliers and at a lower price. Michael the store manager arranged to have it delivered the Friday of a holiday weekend so that we would not be without a refrigerator for the weekend. He came with Colton, Alex, Charles, Garland, Eduardo, Justin and JP because the removal of our old unit was massive and built in and the difficult installation of the new unit required so many people and specialties. They all were professional, courteous, and knowledgable. They took great care in protecting our wood floors and other furniture throughout the process. We could not be more appreciative of their excellent service!!! Thank YOU!!!

You had exceptional service AND the store manager came out with the delivery company? Sounds fake.

Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • By michael colton alex charles garland eduardo justin jp
  • Exceptional service
Good quality