Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes - Protection plan is useless

Update by user Jul 14

No contact or action from Lowes over 42 day span - not that it was expected. Will still patronize Lowes but won't fall for their "Protection Plan" again.

Original review posted by user Jun 02

Purchased Whirlpool Cabrio dryer in August 2017 from Lowe's - including a 3 year protection plan. Dryer heat stopped working in May 2019. The local repair service we prefer was called first. We were told that Lowe's had to approve them for the service to be provided. Called the number provided and were told that the warranty service could only be provided by a company in Lexington, KY, which is 1.5 hours away from our location. Absolute absurdity!! We determined that the Lowe's "protection plan" was a joke, called our preferred local service provider, and continued with life. Lowe's "protection plan" - NEVER AGAIN!

I bought a lawn mower with extended warranty for 3 years paid about $300 dollars for warranty, now they said it’s not in computer, my phone is not in computer they need my receipts what a waste of my $300.00 they got me good what a SCAM but never again

You obviously didn't spend a second looking at the service plan you purchased. They all require that you contact the plan provider who will arrange for service.

They have contracts with low cost service providers to cover the repairs. Nowhere does it say you can contact whoever you want and that they will cover their charges.

@Anonymous

Any well read person knows that extended warranties and service plans are almost always a gyp. I wouldn't purchase any kind of appliance from someone who is trying to aggressively sell me one of them, because they are showing that they don't respect me and they think that I am dense.

View more comments (2)
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Protection Plan Problems

Lowes in Conroe, Texas - *** Company

Screw Lowe's lying, cheating, backstabbing company. POS company cost me a lot of wasted time and money. Never again with these Morons-Karma is going to be a Major ***

YOU SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO LEAVE AT LEAST 50 WORDS IN YOUR REVIEW. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE SOME NUT-JOB POSTING OVER YOUR SMART PHONE SHOULDN'T GIVE YOU A PASS FROM POSTING SOMETHING THAT IS INTELLIGIBLE AND MAKES SENSE.

Absolutely worthless post. If you are going to take time to make a post tell the story.

Let people know what they did that upset you so. Rambling on doesn't convince anyone there is a problem.

Bad quality

Lowes in Staten Island, New York - Bad service

2.2
Paid close to 19,000. For roofing, gutters, soffits and fasia. Start date was changed a three day job turn into 3 weeks. They didn’t finish . Left holes where they weren’t any before didn’t do the soffits, put in 3 gutters. They were schedule to do 4. Took piece of the outside trim off and didn’t replace. Came back still only did part of the soffits patched up one hole left another with left over vinyl. Customer service sucks. Says same people have to come back because they were contracted. I told them they had a chance to correct issues. Drip vinyl installed around the edge of the roof was not nailed. Falling off when it’s windy what do I ? Took loan against pension for this I paid cash.
Lowes Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - The most unreliable, incompetent and rude people

2.7
if i could i would give less then 1 star. They are TERRIBLE!!!!! worst worst worst services ever. Between the incompetence of their customer service, to the totally careless of the store (the Aramingo store in Philadelphia) to end to their delivery service, where they just deliver at ground floor but they don't tell you until they arrive. I ordered a pergola and a patio set for my rooftop, meant to be delivered on a Thursday all together,it changed at Friday until i received a call from the store (Aramingo) stating that they didn't know when my furniture would be delivered, to note that i travel a lot so i planned accordingly, included taking a day off to receive the furniture. Ended the conversation with this rude lady i called customer service. At that point i spoke with a lady who told me that i would receive the pergola that Thursday and the patio furniture the next day.She also sent me the tracking number (very funny the store didn't have any information). I was very surprised since i did a truck delivery that actually was fedex but after confirming with this lady multiple time that i would have received a call prior the delivery and that everything was arriving at my house i ended the call. Note, i leave in a house so i need to receive the delivery otherwise they could get stolen. After a few hours i received a notification that my patio furniture where delivered, no one called me. SO i had to run from my office and start arguing again with those incompetent people. At the end of a long call, where this person was keeping losing time apologizing (i need solution not apologies) i found out that actually the patio was delivered actually at the store but they couldn't fit me for the delivery on Friday, until after i ask to cancel my order multiple time suddenly they found the spot for me. but is not done yet! my pergola, this guys apparently didn't have any information, well guess what? i did, his colleagues previously gave me all the tracking, and i'm thinking how is that possible? 1 person has it and the other doesn't?can they be so terrible? i had to cancel the order, but once again you think the worst is done? and actually no!!! this morning (the day of the delivery) i received another call from the rude lady at the Aramingo store stating that they don't deliver on the rooftop and she told me if i wanted to have them up on my rooftop i should have carry on everything by myself or cancel the order. So, if a delivery company who does half of the job...interesting...well never never again!!!! no wonder why those company are being destroyed by Amazon. i'm so embarrassed for them and for how bad is they service, go somewhere else if you want a reliable service. and they state Lowe's home improvement, here the only thing i see need to be improved are the services they offer.
Review
Cons
  • Unbelievably poor service
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
Poor customer service
Price reduction
Tags
  • Unprofessional Staff
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes - Poor service Rip off!!!

My 23 month old LG fridge went out May 15th. Technician sent out 6 days later on May 21st who ordered a part. Service is supposedly scheduled for June 4th. Three weeks for repair is unacceptable service! Never will I purchase another appliance through Lowe’s!

Did you purchase the extended warranty plan? If you had you would be eligible for a loaner unit.

Did you ever think the problem might have been that you bought an imported product that doesn't have the service network that domestic products have? Do you really think the warranty repair time would have been different if you had purchased an LG product elsewhere?

Lowes in Conroe, Texas - Delivery Joke

Never mentioned delivery time, got a phone call stating they were 10 minutes away and I told the guy I was out in the field working and he said he would reschedule but gave me no time frame or date. Told him I get home @ 5:00 pm every day. Got a message on my phone to call Lowes and set delivery time and date called and was on hold for appx 20 to 25 minutes and then was hung up on, called back and the same thing. Called the next day and was on hold again for 20 to 25 minutes and again was hung up on, tried one more time and finally, someone answered and I told her I need my washing machine and I get off work @ 5:00. She replied can only schedule for Sat between 0:900 and 1:00 pm, I told her Gallery Furniture will deliver up to 10:00 pm 7 days a week and she laughed. Now I am pissed and told her to cancel my order and give me my money back, waisted my memorial day weekend end to buy a washing machine that I really needed that day but was willing to wait a day or two but not a week which is a joke. Lowes warehouse is located in the Greenspoint area and I live in Tomball. I was impressed they did give me a 10% military discount which Homr Depot struggles to do and I swore Lowes will only be the place to shop from now on but now that has changed as I am a man of principle, I don't jerk my customers around and do whatever it takes to get it done in a timely and affordable manner and the customer comes first. I don't see this with Lowes, no service or communication after the sale.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes - Delivery of Craftman riding mower

Was told to expect a call between 4 and 8. No call now I was told will call after 10pm, Still no call. What time will I expect delivery?

You can expect your delivery when the truck pulls into your driveway and they take it off the truck. If you need it sooner rent a truck or trailer and pick it up at the store.

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Center, Indiana - Rebate Ripoff

3.5
Spent over 2,000 dollars on appliances. Submitted rebate same day...in February 2019. Told me the appliances were not compliant for rebate...which is not true. Told me I had to resubmit everything which I did. After I resubmitted everything I was told they couldn't pay because it took 6 weeks to process through their system so now it was past the rebate time constraints. I will never shop Lowes again. I have NEVER had a problem with Menards rebates. That is where I will shop from now on.

If you are talking about the 11% rebate, appliances are excluded from that promotion.

I MAKE IT A PRACTICE NOT TO BUY ANYTHING THAT HAS A REBATE THAT I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SENDING IN. IT'S NOT WORTH ALL OF THE HASSLE. THE WHOLE REASON THAT THEY HAVE REBATES IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF JUST LOWERING THE PRICE IS BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THEY AREN'T GOING TO BE PAYING OUT A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF THE ONES THAT ARE SUBMITTED.

If you never have problems at Menards why didn't you buy your appliances there?

Hop over to the posts about Menards. Just take a look at how many complaints there are about their rebates. Seems like no matter where yow shop, rebates can be a problem.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Rebate
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes in Canton, Ohio - Fencing installation protocol-HORRIBLE!

I just bought a house an needed a fence for my five dogs. I explained this to the Rep several times during his visit April 23, 2019. He measured, gave me the price, took my payment and when I asked when I could expect installation-the end of May was his reply. They give you three days to change your order or cancel. About a week after the visit, I received a mailing stating installation would be the week July 14th! Very upset with this date. Then about a week later I received a phone message stating my installation date is August 4th!!!! They take your money, supposedly they ordered the product and received it May 11th and sit on it for three months!!! I call BS!! I will never set foot in a Lowe’s store again. I wonder when I will actually get my fence.

A lot of the issue comes from the salesperson not being honest with the customer. They are there to sale and make a quota.

I am pretty sure the installers tell Lowe’s about their schedules. The customers go by what they are told via Lowe’s and it eventually looks bad towards the installer.

Installers do not get paid until the install has been done. Only Lowe’s gets paid.

That's why you go to a company that specializes in fences. Lowes orders the materials then hunts for a subcontractor to do the installation. As you found out they often have a hard time finding a contractor readily available to do the installation at the prices they are willing to pay.

Lowes Fence Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes - Customer service

On May 24, 2019 WE BOUGHT 25 CU FT WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR, ITEM 876294 RRS 8555SIH2, from Lowes store #1644 in Milledgeville, Georgia. the appliance was delivered on May 26, 2019 to our lake house in the area. THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD, 5 STARS on May 28, 2019 we went to Lowes store # 2232 on Fairington Road, our residence area. we wanted to buy 5 years extended warranty for the appliance. One associate could not help, another associate told me to go to the store in Milledgeville. When I objected she did some entries in the computer and charged my Lowes credit card $189.97. She produced a receipt which did not have any reference to the appliance or my name When I asked for receipt that shows reference to the appliance and the full record, she told me to call warranty coverage for help. I asked for a manager. the manger MR Zola Davis did not seem interested in understanding or solving the problem, and went fast into hiding, VERY BAD SERVICE. VERY BAD REPRESENTAION, 0 STAR. Finally I was helped by sales associate MS DORA MAPP, she was VERY HELPFUL and called warranty coverage and asked them to connect the warranty to the appliance. She was told it will be done the next day. I hope so !!!!!!

If you are going to buy a service plan from a store it is best to purchase it along with the appliance to avoid confusion. Did you register your manufacturers warranty on-line? Often the manufacturer will offer a service plan at a lower price than you would pay a store.

@Anonymous

99.9% of the time it is a bad idea to buy any kind of extended warranty or service plan from a store. Why not just put the money that you would have spent on the service plan into the bank and if something ever goes wrong you can use that money for the repairs?

Lowes Customer Care