Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Columbus, Ohio - No customer service

I was looking for 3 items when I went in. Walked most of the store must have passed 15 employees and not one asks if I need help. Did not find what I needed and just decided to leave. It was early and hardly any customers. I was trying to avoid Lowe's . It was Morse Rd. store in Columbus,OH. Ended up back at Lowe's but they are no better. I have been to Lowe's probably hundreds of times and no one there would recognize me. When Menards opened I thought they might be better but now I'm not to sure about that.

they deal with hundreds of people on a daily basis why should they have to recognize you?

Ask for help. You start by approaching someone and you say "excuse me.

could you help me find.....". Ta da.

IHateStupidCustomers

just ask for help, is it that hard..? big baby. and they see a lot of people every day, not just you.

Are you that shy and pathetic that you need to be approached for help? Its called being a normal person and asking for direction.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Lowe's doesn't care about customers

I have had several negative experiences with Lowe's within the last year. 1) the interest rate charges by GEMB is outrageous. When I contacted GEMB to see about lowering the interest rate they were absolutely uncooperative, so I closed this account. Lowe's should not use GEMB (nor should any other retailer). Their interest rates are unreasonable and not in keeping with the rest of the economy. I realize it is GEMB charging the rate, but Lowe's should not turn over the credit aspect of their business to such a notoriously horrific credit processing company! 2) Lowe's does not stand behind their products. I bought a clothes dryer that broke within the first three months and wanted it replaced, but instead my only recourse was to have it (poorly) repaired. It has since broken twice more, outside warranty. Forget Lowe's - my son has been able to fix it both times, at no charge and without lame excuses, waiting on hold and being disconnected. 3) rude employees. I just had a very negative experience with an employee who was supposedly in 'customer service' that I came up against when trying to return a product that failed to work. I eventually got a refund, but that was after much huffing and puffing, overly dramatic keying in of my credit card number, sighing and slamming of cash drawer after retrieving my $8.14 cash refund. Who needs this place?

I find it amusing that you want to return a 3 month old appliance like it is a tshirt that didnt fit. How would your car dealer handle this?

Yeah bring it back and we will give you a new car.

No they warrant it. I agree that the cashier was rude with you slamming drawers and huffing and puffing must have ruined her day.

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes Food Loss Warranty

My refrigerator went out, and after 3 weeks of trying to get them to repair it, they finally gave up and paid me the purchase price because they were not competent enough to fix a simple circuit card, and I am still trying to get the food loss issue taken care of. The people with the warranty are NOT part of LOWES, so don't expect them to have any idea of what is going on, because they won't have a clue, and are dumb as rocks. I got reimbursed for the refrigerator, but am now trying to get the food loss coverage ($250.00 per incident) taken care of. The warranty people and food loss people are 2 different offices and don't seem to know how to talk to each other, so good luck trying to get them on the same page. The food loss person we finally spoke to said we had to send them a written list of food loss and a copy of the repair slip. The repair was never completed and they bought out my refrigerator, so there is no repair ticket to send to them. They can't get their heads out of the ground long enough to understand what I need to send to them with the food loss list. Also, don't expect to be able to do any of this online. It all has to be done over the phone and by mail. I would never ever, ever, ever recommend Lowes, their warranty program, or a Samsung refrigerator to anyone as long as I live. It is a nightmare, they are all complete idiots, and this is taking way too long to get taken care of. I used to hate going to Home Depot, but now I love it and will never shop for any major appliance at LOWES ever again, and will tell every friend I have to stay away from them like the plague.

Thank you waiting for the repair man now for my lg fridge. Hopefully I do not have the same problem as you.

Don't need anymore problems this month, I was wondering how to claim that food loss. It just says $300 per incident, I took pictures of everything before dumping it after two days.

Trying to get ready for Christmas dinner and with out a fridge no fun. Thanks again,

#1419699

this is so so sad i have been waiting for six months now when i finally spoke to someone i was told that my claim was never sent to the claims department for food loss and then i was told it would take 14 days to get denial letter or a check and its been almost 4 weeks now im pissed but best thing i can do is keep on getting at them until i get my money they had all info and list of food ect from the time i put the claim in

Same thing happened to me. It’s been four months and everytime I call they have another excuse!

I file a food claim 2 weeks ago until now I have not heard from them

nikalseyn

Wow! I have purchased half a dozen appliances from Lowes with no problem. Of course, I had no problem with Lowes because I had no problem with the appliances.

You have a few options: Pursue this with Lowes and the warranty people, in addition, bring Samsung into the picture as it was their fridge that started this whole thing.Keep on it for as long as you can just to make a point.

Or, file a claim with your homeowner's insurance. Don't do this unless you have to as insurance companies now want to cancel your policy after you make three claims---in all the years you are with them. Thus, 3 claims in 30 years and you are out. Also, you may have a deductible. Check to find out.

Or, sue Lowes, the warranty co. and Samsung in small claims court---again, just to make a point.

Wonderful how much better customer service in this country has gotten since the schools are failing and production of products is now in Asia, isn't it?

View more comments (4)
Loss

Lowes in Baltimore, Maryland - Sales person misinformed me of what installation means to them

I purchased a new washer, dryer and tray for washer at Lowes. I was told that they would be delivered and installed free of change. I am a single woman. When it was delivered the delivery person said that he would not install the tray for the washing. I called the store (California, MD) and asked them when they could get someone out to install the tray. I was told that I was responsible for that ... Of course, that had to be done before they could connect the washer ... The washer was now in the middle of my hall on second floor. I have to find a handyman who will install the tray so I can get the washer out of my hall. Oh, and they delivered it on Sunday ... Thanks Lowes for not informing me what would be required and what you would NOT do.
Service
Lowes Installation
Loss
I bought a gas dryer from Lowes. After delivery I pulled it back from the wall and found a large dent and scratch on the left side. The dryer still worked and I was not sure if workmen in my basement might have damaged it. Later that year I went to work for Lowes as...

Well, I'm glad to see that this is a Lowes nationwide norm! I have bought three appliances from Lowes. A Maytag freestanding range, and two years later matching Samsung front loading washer / dryer with bases. The range had a banged-in side and the washer had a large dent on the front just below the power buttons. Lowes knocked 10% off the stove and gave me one of the bases free of charge.

My son has received a damaged clothes dryer (the third one delivered was the least damaged), a $1400 refrigerator with a big dent in back and scratch down one side, and yesterday a kitchen stove with the right side banged in.

I know several people who have received damaged appliances from the same store. The delivery people ALWAYS say it is the night crew who unload the tractor trailers causing the damage.

Does anyone have good stories about Lowes appliances??????

Loss

Watch your appliances bought at Lowes

For the past seven months I have been a delivery driver for Lowes in St. Louis Mo. Every day we took applicance to homes in a Lowes delivery truck. As we loaded the appliances, we noticed dents, sctaches and damage on the appliances and showed it to our supervisor. She routinely had us delivery it to the customer that way. If they didn't see it, Lowes got away with it. Often the damage was unneath the appliance as if it had been dropped or bent up on the bottom. This is where all of the working parts are. If you buy appliances or cabinets from Lowes you better inspect it, you just might be getting damaged goods.

Yes I work for them, Almost ALL the damage happens during shipping to the store, Why they still deliver them is beyond me. they will give you DEEP discounts if you decide to keep the appliance, if not send it back for an undamaged one. the squeaky wheel gets greased

lgbirt

1. Written by Larry Birt on February 17, 2012

Does anyone have good stories about Lowes appliances??????

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes in Purchase, New York - I WANT MY TOOLS!!!!!!!

Lowe's, yes that awesome home improvement store has angered even me. During the Black Friday sales of 2011 Lowe's was running there Kolbalt 227 for $99.00 Great price right! well i went to purchase this set and they were sold out. I was told that they had more coming on the next shipment. On the next shipment they did not have any come in. So i went on and purchased hoping that they would come in on the next truck, well its now Jan, 18th and the tools are still not here. After contacting everyone at the store level i carried my complaints to the corporate level, hasn't helped. Know one knows when this tool set will be in if ever. I don't want a refund i want my tools!!!

Lowes in Nashua, New Hampshire - Do You Need Help

Every time I go into Lowes...I'm stopped at least 5 times by someone asking if I need help. This is EXTREMELY annoying and completely unproductive. If I need help I'll ask someone. If I don't need help all your doing is wasting my time. I can understand if I'm standing around and looking confused..but just walking (rather briskly) knowing exactly where I'm going and what I'm looking...why do the employees have to ask if I need help. And then there are the times where I am looking for something..and then I have a question about a particular product and there's no employee to be found....their spending too much time asking people (who don't need help) if they need any help. For those of us with an IQ over 90...we know it's just a PR to make the dumb and dumber "THINK" this is customer service when in actuality it's just total PR...and has NOTHING to do what-so-ever with customer service. Why don't you actually spend some time and money on training the employees at Lowe's on actual customer service..and NOT this PR ***.

And again, Dr. *** if you have such a high and respectable IQ, at least utilize the proper use of "there, their, and they're". Now kindly go and fist your own *** hole until it bleeds.

IHateStupidCustomers

wow, the original poster is a loser. so you get mad that they ask you for help but then get mad that they aren't there the exact moment when you do need help?

my advice? take some anger management classes and when you need help, go find an employee or tell them right away that you need help because I'm sure you're one of those *** that doesn't even know the difference between a flathead and phillips screwdriver.

and fyi, it's the employees job to ask if you need help. it's not like they know that another employee already asked if you needed help.

Where is the "like" button for these comments, I work at Lowes as well, We will get in trouble if we do Not greet every customer we see. This is Corporates way of providing Customer Service.... which could go either way with people like you who can't appreciate that there are actually people that are willing to assist you.

I work at lowes and they make us ask every customer we see if they are finding everything ok if we don't we can lose are job :sigh

Well I,ve told our store manager that I,m gonna be taken out in handcuffs some day, So be careful who you cop your sour attitude to. I will usually walk away and ignore you but I will stand up to your attitude if I feel like it, could get ugly. this job doesnt mean that much to me.

And another thing, what if I (as a consumer) came to your place of work and was a royal *** to you, whether I need help or not? I don't know what you do, but that doesn't condone your attitude or demeanor.

Remember, yeah it's retail, but it is a place of work for people.

Put yourself in that situation. Retail people are still people working as you do every day...

I am a LOWES sales specialist, We are not forced to talk to customers, however, it makes common sense to acknwledge your customers and make sure that they dont have questions or are looking for something, so we aknowledge them, make sense to me. Its pretty simple, and its good customer service wether you like it or not.

I have noticed alot of companies have adopted LOWES customer service practices. and yes I am proud of that, doesnt mean I like working here though.

We can't read your mind. Just plainly say: "no, I'm fine.

thanks." like a normal person and keep on your merry way, and if you need help, then fricken ask. That simple. And no, it's not a PR thing, it's simple customer service. We can, if you really want, just walk around and BS with eachother and hardly acknowledge your existence, but no, we are trained to smile and greet you and ask if you need help.

If that's an issue, then you sir, should not be allowed in public.

Now, is there anything I can help you with? :)

It is not the employee's fault that they are forced to practice absurd customer service ideas that corporate has put into policy. Every place you go to is like that.

Kohls makes their cashiers ask if your purchase is on their charge card and try to get you to sign up.

Lowes makes its associates ask everyone they see if they need help; and makes their cashiers ask if you have a MyLowes card or if you want to sign up for one.

Blame the people in charge who apparently are never actual customers in their own stores, else they would realize how annoying and fruitless these practices are to both their employees and customers.

We are required to speak to every customer we come in contact with. None of us want to go around like a robot asking "what project are you working on?" Unfortunately, we will get counted off in our mystery shops if we do speak to everyone.

It's just as annoying to us as it is to you. I can see how this along with the 5 to 10 questions the cashier is forced to ask you can be irritating.

We should have better training and we should still be friendly and helpful, but not to the extent that we are forced to do. We don't make the policies though.

A lot of stores have "secret shoppers" who come through and grade employees on various things. If an employee does not greet you right away and as if they can be of assistance, they get docked down many, many points.

These people are doing their job. I bet if they didn't ask if you need help you would be on here complaining that they have "the worst customer service, no one ever helps, blah blah blah."

Are you seriously complaining that they are being helpful?

I work at Lowe's, and our management forces us to ask every single customer that comes in the door if they need help or at lease communicate with the customer - don't blame us - we could lose our job if we didn't ask

nikalseyn

This is common nowdays because of the government's increasing the minimum wage and resultant company cutbacks in labour force because of it. Blame your tyrannical government---both state and federal. And, I would rather be asked if I needed help than to wander thru Menard's looking, but not finding anyone to assist me.

Would rather they not ask you for help at all? If they did that then you'd complain that they didn't offer you any help. Some @ssholes are just that ignorant @ssholes who are never satisfied.

View more comments (13)

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Threatened By Lows store manager

Store 1607 in surprise Arizona had a department manager that had me carry by hand a near 100 pound 4 foot long appliance set up the tallest ladder they had by hand and when I approached the department manager and the night manager multiple times they did not care about my concern even though they have safety programs that say anything over 40 or 50 pounds require using an order picker. The final time I spoke to my night manager I specifically told him and I said this word for word because my grandfather had previously warned me about mentioning it this way, That I know my limitations although I have put down in the application i have never claimed a back injury I have had one at a previous job and i'm not going to hurt myself again doing things improperly. three days later the store manager Chuck, (who is still store manager by the way), his store manager in training Jeff who was arrested 2 years later for some sort of embezzlement crime and my night manager and the HR manager are all telling me that there is a rumour I have lied on my application about a possible back injury and if any evidence is found true I will be terminated. Afterwards I spoke to the store manager one on one because I was extremely upset by this because I have never spoken to anyone about my concern or a back problem to anyone other than my night manager and the night manager follows me in and when I tell chuck the store manager about approaching Duane the night manager and explaining what i did all the store manager had to say is that I was insulting to one of his top managers and I should go clock out. To top it off the night crew under this manager would clock in 30 minutes early during their 1 hour lunch breaks and just continue their lunch. Another incident involved some employees messing around with a forklift and hanging up wires with some employees sweaters high up so they could not get their clothes. Even after I had informed the manager of these things he did not care but wow talk about unprofessional this company I cant say is bad but this store specifically is HORRIBLE. These managers had bullied intimidated and threatened me.
#411932

Call regional, but not the "800" number. If need be, e-mail regional HR.

Lowes has policies on hiring people with criminal background. If the person did not put this on his application, he is subject to termination. If he did put it on his application, he would not have got past first base. Rules are rules.

The "forklift" thing is harassment.

Regional HR will do something if they are contacted directly and with evidence to support your claims. You will take heat at your store, so be ready.

Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Lexington, Kentucky - LED Rope Light 18' with brackets

Made in China, for sell at Lowes. Screws for brackets break in half when driving into molding. Only 7 brackets for 18 feet of coiled rope. Does not end up looking like the pictures due to insufficient clamps to hold it straight. Chinese products suck! I realize there must be great profit in this inferior junk from China but I can not lower my standards just so I can pay a little less. I have had enough dissapointment to make an effort to buy products from reputable manufacturers. We should all boycott junk made in China to get the point across. It is seriously buyer beware.