Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Union City, Tennessee - Lowe's bigoted bias unacceptable

It is NOT within the scope of Lowe's, nor the Mayor of Dearborn to judge one of the world's greatest religions. As someone who has always preferred Lowe's in the past twenty years (including rebuilding multiple homes and doing thousands of dollars of business each year), I am horrified that Lowe's would attempt to vilify Islamic families at the bequest of right wing fundamentalist Christians! The fact that Lowe's is trying to promote fear and hatred has resulted in our very large family and extended family AND church family to permanently boycott all Lowe's stores. I am disgusted and appalled by a company making politics and religion a part of it's business advertising plan!

Don't care what the religious preferences of the OP, Reality or SWisser are. No one is asking Lowes not to adhere to the U.S.

Constitution or its amendments thereto. What the uproar is over is the perception that Lowes is being pressured to advertise based on religious beliefs. If they do advertise on American Muslims they are vilified for supporting a rouge (albeit large) religion, but if they pull advertising, then Lowes is vilified for caving into outside pressures.

Every major war was fought over religion. It sounds like that is what's brewing over Lowes' advertising choices.

Paulette11

I looked up the show on TLC and it is a reality show about Americans who happen to be Muslim.

Reality's post on 16 Dec 11 is correct... Lowes can freely choose who they sponsor but as Americans we believe in diversity and freedom and free exercise of religion.

Also, using the term "fundamental Islam" is a trigger word deemed problematic by those who suggest that Islamic belief requires all Muslims to be fundamentalists...this is not true.

I AM NOT A MUSLIM rather an American (Catholic, if your wondering) who believes in The First Amendment to the United States Constitution that states:

1. This amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion

2. Impeding the free exercise of religion, 3. Abridging the freedom of speech,

4. Infringing on the freedom of the press, 5. Interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, just to name a few.

This being so, why is it right for Lowes to pull their ads?

Because Lowes received complaints from the Florida Family Assn., a conservative Christian group that lobbies companies to promote "traditional, biblical values?"

Really? What if it was a show about Fundamentalist Mormonism, aka FLDS?

After reading Reality's response to the original posting, it makes me proud that someone has the good sense to stand up for Lowes and put the finger of blame right where it belongs - at the entertainment industry trying to ridicule us for thinking that a TV show about Islam is way off base.

Way to set the record straight - Reality. Nice going.

Way to set the record straight - Reality. Nice going.

Lowes can FREELY choose who they sponser. This is America.

Lowes vilified nobody. American companies owes Islam nothing. I owe them nothing. Islam is only great in numbers.

That's it.

It was fundamental Islam that brought us 9-11-01. You are obviously looking through Islamic colored glasses.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Bremerton, Washington - Lowe's is a Bigot *** company

They pulled their ad from a show about American Muslims called "All American Muslim" show just because they were threatened by some conservative group in Florida. Also they thought that would be a cool idea. This is truly against American and Human values. Please boycott this *** , racist and bigot company. SHAME ON YOU LOWES A true American company should never get involved in politics and serve everyone on equal basis that way we will have a healthy society and no bias. I am never going there again. Bye Bye Lowe's until you apologize to all American Muslims. Peace and Love everyone.

I can't believe that I'm actually agreeing with Simon, but here I am, standing side to side with him.

Why do we need a television show to inform those of us born here that muslims aren't violent? We're supposed to know the ones how want to kill us and marry our babies, how?????

That's way too much for an entertainment show.

It seems to me that some *** hating dude in Florida is driving the marketing for Lowes.

While Lowes is free to advertise wherever they want, it is strange that they would listen to a *** hating person - the head of this conservatice group in Florida, spent fifteen years bashing gays and now he tells Lowes to pull the ads and they say "YES SIR"

Who is running this company the CEO Rob Niblock or this crazy *** bashing guy from Florida. I guess it's the *** bashing guy :)

A conservative group in Florida boycotting Lowes would be a "splash in the pan" to Lowes. Lowes freely chooses who they sponser.

Dave1983, I am sure the $10.26 per year you spend at Lowes will cripple them.

Shop at Home Depot. Brush up on your Spanish, you will need it there.

Dont lose your head! (notice the pun?)

Being a company in America they can do what ever they want.

And if you dont like it go somewhere else. Its companies like Lowe's that helps us build this wonderful country.

Lets not talk about "human values". How can you even put "human values" and "muslim" in the same sentence?

What are your peaceful people going to blow up next? A Daycare center full of infidels? Are they going to stone to death another young woman for being in love?

(look it up and watch the video before you comment) I know I have probably upset you, so go ahead and slap me with the bottom of your sandal "Aaaahhhlalalalalala"! (turn your head and cough)

nikalseyn

Having lived and worked in the Middle East amongst these "peaceful" religious fanatics, I agree with Lowe's. You should be thankful Lowe's doesn't smear bacon fat over each piece of merchandise they sell. Stop whining and pray to allah for a way out of the 8th century.

***

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes in Yonkers, New York - I just don't get it !!!!!!!!!

You go to LOWES and buy a garage door 3 or 4 years ago ( The same door is still for sale) and as time goes by the weatherstripping succumbs to the elements. There you go, taking a ride back to LOWES to get a replacement weather stripping and what do you hear when you get there? We don't carry weatherstripping for any of our doors, but we have them for others. I DON"T GET IT !!!!!!! So now I am left trying to track down the right weather stripping. Don't get me wrong its not that difficult with the Internet but for the love of Pete, why would you carry replacement parts for other products and not for the ones you sell !!!!!!!!!

Lowes in Salt Lake City, Utah - Lowe's anti-Muslim attitude

In light of the current issue re: American Muslim and Lowe's pulling ads: I will not shop there anymore, thank you. Defering to a fringe minority bigoted group in one particular area does not seem like good policy to me. I shop Lowe's in Salt Lake City, my friend works there. I was planning to go there this coming weekend. But that won't be happening and I have told my friend, the Lowe's employee, why I wouldn't be shopping there anymore. I have never watched the show, but still feel you are wrong on so many levels. Sorry. No more Lowe's shopping for me.

Lowes won't miss you.

Lowes can sponser whomever they choose. This is still a free contry.

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes is a bigoted corporation

Lowes pulled its advertising from All-American Muslim TV show to support the bigoted idea that Muslims are all terrorists. Join the boycott of Lowes. If you work at Lowes save your integrity and quit. Lowes pulled its advertising from All-American Muslim TV show to support the bigoted idea that Muslims are all terrorists. Join the boycott of Lowes. If you work at Lowes save your integrity and quit. Lowes pulled its advertising from All-American Muslim TV show to support the bigoted idea that Muslims are all terrorists. Join the boycott of Lowes. If you work at Lowes save your integrity and quit.

I want to join in with my support of Lowes' decision to pull out of advertising on that show.

You can call me a bigot, you can call me politically incorrect, you can call me intolerant, you can call me anything your little heart desires.

Since when does the political climate of our country dictate what an advertiser can and cannot do? And, since when does a drum banger decide what the appropriate decision for an entire corporation is and should be?

Man, you re pathetic.If you have watched the show, then probably you would realize the hidden agenda of showing Muslims, who still disrespect other cultures(in first epizode, they discussing how"funny"it is to see Irish people at the wedding with no alcohol, because a catholic Irish guy marries a muslim and he forced to convert, because in Islam non-muslim can't marry a muslim girl without converting.It's not about them being terrorists.Its about when foreigners come to USA they have to obey the laws here and not to make their own as they trying every day.Europe and Canada have already started to wake up from muslim invasion. Now it's , forbiden to wear burqa outside which covers a face. More and more laws will be made against them, because we have taken too much *** from them

Lowes commented on pulling the ad because the show was about Muslims, so "Reality" and "Satan" should probably do their homework before defending a corporation that has a bigot for a CEO. Do some research before you start spewing venomous non-sense!

Maybe if you actually pulled your head out of the clouds and came back down to R E A L I T Y like your name says, than you might think twice about defending a corporation who could care less about me OR YOU!!!!!! And Satan... well that just about says it all concerning yourself. I imagine that both of you are also people who blindly vote against your own interest year after year actually BELIEVING that trickle down economics works...

Just curious... how much money have you got back from the trillions in tax breaks the corps. and wealthy have received over the last ten years???

I bet you'll blindly vote to be bent over again next year too huh!?!?!?!? "discrimination complaint is worthless" PFFHHHHH your factless, blind and ignorant statements are the only worthless thing in this country!!!!

How many murders are reported daily in this country by Muslins compare to Christians. I think Christians top that list over all other religions so again which is the most dangerous religious group.

Lowes owes no allegiance to anyone, nationality or religion. They can freely choose who they desire to sponser.

This is still a free country. Get over it politically correct one!

How do you know their reason for pulling the ad? You're just using some bogus discrimination card and your complaint is worthless.

View more comments (5)

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Lied to me about buying a clarance item

I was lied to about, being able to pay for a stove on clarence and the delivery of the same. I was told you can not pay for a clarance item and pick it up later. When I went to get the item (1 day later) it was gone. I called customer service to find out that is not store policy at all. I spent over 2hrs on the phone with the very nice customer service rep., picking out another stove not even the quailty of the one I had seen , for 90.00 moor. It arrived scratched, I of course refused it. Never again Lowes.

Maybe you should have checked the clearance section. Clarance has nothing to do with the clearance items.

Lowes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Therma Tru Door

Our door looks fine on the outside but the bottom portion of the side lighting is a different color. So cheap composite plastic. Can't paint it to. nothing will stick to it. No where in the documentation does it say it would be a different color or material. This sticks out like a sore thumb. Everyone who has seen it say it is an eye sore. To add salt to my injury, Therma Tru states there is no defect or issue with the door. Just spent 4 grand on a door that looks cheap and poor. Therma Tru states they would supply a crown type molding to go over the defective piece. If I do that it will never match. Why does Therma Tru put such a piece on ther door. According to them it is to make it structurally sound. This is definitely a defect they are tryiong to cover up. HELP

I am having the same issue. Lowe's installed the door last week and company reps will be looking at the installation next week.

Was your problem solved?

I have 2 doors that have a vinyl outer face. This acts as the nailing fin and J channel for the siding.

Why why why does therma tru NOT weld this vinyl. Both of my doors leak. Costing me and my builder lots of time and money. After countless failed solutions.

I had the the company's REP out. And there solution was to add an extra "Flashing" piece.

I am extremely disappointed with the quality of these doors. :(

Dear Customer,

We appreciate your feedback concerning the standard trim piece that is on the bottom of your sidelites. The light oak trim piece will allow your door to function normally and is not used to make the door structurally sound. The door system is not defective.

This standard trim piece can be stained. To stain, lightly sand the trim piece and apply your stain. We will be happy to compensate you for a piece of molding and also provide you with stain. Please contact us to receive this compensation at 866-584-3668.

View more comments (2)

LOWES SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Husband purchased a Samsung Front Loader Washer and Dryer as my Christmas gift on Black Friday. The washer was delivered on time as scheduled however, Lowes did not bother to call us and tell us the dryer had not come in yet. Ok, no problem, disappointed but Dept Manager said it would come in the week after. NOPE, now LOWES is saying sometime in January. Of course the charges have hit our credit card without a product to show for it. Come pick up the washer Lowes and refund our money. Bad business, not cool, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lowes is off our shopping list, never again. Dont mislead your Customers Lowes not cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets put this in perspective. By policy and the ad once the stock is gone the sale is over.

So your store really helped you by allowing you to order the item at a cheap cheap price. So shut your pie hole you baby and tell your husband he is a real prince for buying you a washer and dryer for christmas.

Next year you will get a new steam cleaner and a hoover. Go stick your head in *** and thanks for never shopping lowes again...

So basically your husband is bossing you around treating you like a slave by purchasing a washer and dryer for you. Basically he gave you a chore for Christmas.

What a lazy *** He even got you to complain for him. Can't even write his own complaint.

No matter how big a retailer Lowe's is or will be, they do not have control over manufacturers and cannot magically force a manufacturer to deliver a product by a certain time, even if it's at the stake of a customer's satisfaction. So when they tell that an appliance might take more time to come in, what they really mean is -- it's going to take more time for it come in.

They can't speed up the process, no matter how hard they yell or ask Samsung.

Trust that they want your appliance to come in as much as you do, if only for you to stop giving them a hard time for something they cant control. :cry

It is now feb 16 2012 I too was to receive a washer and dryer for christmas and STILL have not seen it and they always tell me its smasungs fault well I DONT CARE whos fault it is should have told us up front but when I call they always say the mid of the next month not a good way to treat customers!!!!

#402069

Don't expect perfection out of others, even businesses, until you've achieve perfection yourself.

If this is all it takes to get you pissed, I can promise you that you are not a happy person.

Grow up and enjoy life.

Buy at Lowes and your fueling the Chinese economy. Almost everything they now sell is import junk from China.

Even if it's a little more, try going to an Ace Hardware, Best Hardware or any other local retailer that's more community based. Lowes is ALL ABOUT CHINA.

I'm gonna assume you got a heck of a deal on it, since it was black friday. Quit being one of the sheep and wait all year to purchase items on black friday...cheap ***

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Unfriendly,Unconcerned Terrible Service

Feedback Dept: Lowes Complaint, 11-17-11 I have had the worst experience in customer service today ever. I am 50 years old and know what good service can look like. Before describing the incident I will start by saying that this store has had horrible service for the 2-3 years I have been dreadfully going. Visiting store # 0056 is always my last option and I normally drive out of my way to Home Depot. Here is a partial list of what service looks like when visiting Lowes:- Failure to greet patrons, unfriendly and unconcerned about customers, unavailable to help - too busy with pricing or stocking inventory, employees grouped in 2 or 3's talking, never make eye contact which would commit to greeting or helping. The rare occurrence of assistance is where the associate points to the other end of store without aisle reference and returns to stocking shelf. Excellent way to chase off customers and their friends "" congratulations.- Occurrence: Checkout lineWhile scanning the items for final checkout, the clerk asked if I would like to sign up for a Lowes membership card and save a percentage on the bill. I said absolutely not because this store sucks and that I only shop there when it's the last option. Not getting the clue of having an unsatisfied customer on his hands, he then says which I quote "Since you will not be coming back, how about signing up anyway to get the savings." the clerk asked me a total of there times to sign up. Are you kidding me? This is the mentality of your workforce. Bottom line: Lowes management is pathetic and a disgrace to the business community. It sickens me to even spend the time to write this grievance. However, this new level of lousy, insulting service had to be shared with your company, my coworkers, friends and beyond. In case you are unaware, word of mouth is the strongest and most lasting type of advertising. As a send off, your online comment page refused to register due to the receipt not listing the proper code "" I expected nothing less. Store # 0056 14873Terminal 1611-16-1111:56:49Sale # S0056BR1 759614 11-16-11Manager: Patrick Cosley

SOUNDS LIKE YOU LOOK FOR THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS THERE BACK TO YOU. JUST SO YOU CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO COPLAIN ABOUT.

I SHOP THERE AND DONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM. JUST SO HAPPENS I KNOW THAT INTHE PAST CUPLE OF YEARS HOME DEPO IS CHANGING TO BE AS FREINDLY AS LOWES.

SO IF YOU DONT LIKE LOWES THER IS ALWAYS ACE,H.D,DIXELINE.WALLMART,SEARS,A LONG LIST OF HOME IMPROVEMENT PLACES. OR ARE THER BAD COMENTS FROM YOU THERE TO?

Custom Vanity nightmare - Lowes 6 Mile Cypress Fort Myers

We purchased a custom vanity and counter top for our bathroom. We included Lowe's installation in the purchase. The contracted company came out to measure and access and said install would be easy. We then learned that Lowes would not install the unit we ordered from them. We tried to get someone else to install but they ran the other way when they learned it came from Lowes. We then asked Lowes to honor their contract and get someone out to install the vanity that had already been delivered. After talking to the GM he said he would see if we could get the install to happen. After 3 phone calls to the GM he said they could not install. So we have an empty bathroom that does not function and Lowe's is taking back a 2K unit they will not be able to use. Does this make any sense. I am having 50 women here this weekend and they will all see and empty bathroom and know that it is Lowe's fault. No more Lowes for me.

Did they give you a reason for not installing it. Lowes wouldn't and can't just back out.

At my store, we bend over backwards even on things that are not our fault to resolve for the customer. There has to be a reason.

One word: corporate.

That will help you immensely.

test