Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Dayton, Ohio: Lied through their teeth

So, I purchaced a refigerator before thanksgiving of 2011. My delivery date was sometime in the middle of December. I recieved a phone call from Andrea stating that there was a back order on this item and the delivery date would need to be rescheduled. I was not in a hurry for this item so politely I told him to put me on the schedule as late as need be. He informed me that I had a deadline for delivery and needed to have it delivered by a said date. I work Monday thru Friday so I need a weekend day. He was very kind telling me that the last weekend in January on a sat will work. I picked the afternoon hours to have it dlivered and all was well. So, happy as can be on January 28th, blocking ALL other plans, I sit at my home awaiting a BRAND NEW refigerator. Low and behold I recieved no refrigerator nor did I recieve a phone call telling me it wasn't coming. So, January 29th, I go to Lowe's in trotwood, where I purchaced the refrigerator, and Andrea changed his words. Now Andrea was very nice and conciderate with me, asking me what I wanted from him. I wanted my refrigerator or my time I had lost on Satuday waiting for it to come. Neiher one of these he could provide for me at this time. So, as I have time to think about what it is I would like for compensation, let me ask you what it is you can do for me? I am currently remodeling my kitchen. I have tons of purchaces to make seeings how I have recently started. I could use all the help I can get. So I will let you decide how YOU could make it better.

Yeah its funny how these days everyone is looking for handouts! Sometimes it might not actually be the employees fault that the merchandise wasn't in.

Did you ever think that it might be the manufacturer?????

Yeah take it out on the employee that is working there butt off and get every penny you can out of them! That is respectable!!!!!!!

#420306

Seriously, your mad because you had to wait at home on a Saturday and now you want a hand out?

View more comments (1)
Lowes Remodeling

Lowes review in West Palm Beach, Florida: Horrible customer service at Lowe's

Went to buy paint for exterior of my home... Had a girl that didn't want to move!!! literally wasn't moving. I was the only person there. Asked about colors she didn't know. Asked about prices.. she didn't know. Asked about sealers and primers for the house... Yep you guessed it she didn't know. Well you can only imagine I was PISSED. So I left thinking I'll just go to home depot.. On the way out I saw this 52" fan for 36... I said I can't pass that up. Went to find the fan on sale couldn't find it. Asked for help.. WAITED 15 minutes as another customer was waiting with me... he finally left. I got the fan after 20 minutes. I left steaming. My husband was in another area looking for something to clean the gutters the guy told him instead saying a specific place.. WHAT DO YOU NEED THAT FOR.??? How about none of your business.. I could go on but my fingers are getting tired.. Will call corporate.. don't think it will make a difference. Very dissatisfied customer..

bet 100 dollars that i'll see u post a complaint for Home Depot next

joycie..first off lowes prices are clearly labeled under product ..if it was not priced she should have tried to help you find out the price..seeing how she didnt know much maybe she was new to the dept or store altogether..lowes associates are also responsible for MANY duties believe it or not they dont just walk around all day..they recieve customer phone calls all day with customers with many questions that a lot of times takes time to find their answer..stock the product you want there nice and neat,price it,help in-store customers,load vehicles,inventory,reset product..and many other things many times they are pulled in several directions or covering several departments at once cover lunches breaks or just lack of employees ...recognize this though when you call corporate it does not affect the upper management it affects the ones that are the pee-ons working theyre butts off for little money working ridiculous schedules trying to earn a living when they wont hire more people to save money but when you call in it affects their raises,their advancement opportunities and any bonus that could be available ..its easy to judge from your perspective when your the one waiting and it seems to be a long time but you need to think logically and think about their responsibilities and the fact if they did not see you how do they know you need help or if they did maybe they were helping another customer..dont complain unless you see an associate (that works in that dept) standing around doing absolutely nothing blatantly ignores you knowing you need assistance believe it or not people also get crabby when asked if they would like any help..

:cry :cry :cry you are not the only customer just cause everyone did not drop what their doing and help you is no reason to complain I AM SURE YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED THEIR

:cry :cry :cry

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes review in Watford City, North Dakota: Damaged Appliances.

I got all the kitchen appliances from Lowe's in Bismarck, ND. After spending an hour taking off the plastic covering the appliances, I noticed a dent in the dishwasher and scuffs on the refrigerator. I called and they gave me a $50 allowance for the dishwasher. I tried to live with the dent, but finally contacted Frigidaire and ordered a skin for the dishwasher door--$108.00. We bought the appliances in September and they were delivered in October. The ice makers do not work. The repairman has come three times and all the solutions have not been right. I should demand a new fridge, but it would just have scuffs or dents and they would scratch my new kitchen floor. I bought the appliances with the no interest financing. I paid a considerable amount on the bill in October, and have never received another bill. My family insists they are trying to wait me out, so they can get the 24.9% interest out of me. I got worried about not getting a statement and went on-line to find a way to pay them off. Wonders of wonders, they wouldn't take my Visa--only would take Mastercharge--so I used my checking account. It still hasn't come out of my account, but I WILL be watching to see it does.

Lowes review in Toronto, Ontario: Stain vs gift certificate

Youv got to be kidding me ,GREG 905-874-5000 a $200.00 gift certificat and you wont me to sigh a wavor,I dont think so.Why dont you give the installor the $200.00 Ljupco Dimovski to correct his mistake.He kew about the different colour in stain,its not hard to do.Im not excepting the $200.00 nor am I signing any wavor.I guess the customer satifaction is not worth the paper it is written on nor your warrenty.Alot off money was spent at your LOWES and this is the way you treat your customer,by trying to buy them off,and treat them like ***.I wont be back!
Review

Lowes review in Brevard, North Carolina: Lowe's carpet installer nullifies carpet warranty

Update by user Mar 02, 2012

After being routed to the district installer I was told no discount could be offered. I took my complaint to Lowe\'s customer care who referred to the store manager.

The store manager did provide a discount of about 20%. This is better than nothing.

Before purchasing anything else from Lowe\'s that is to be installed, I would suggest finding out who the installer will be and checking references on the installer. Otherwise the purchaser is at the mercy as to whether the work will be done properly or not.

Original review posted by user Jan 26, 2012

Under no circumstance consider Lowe's for carpet. You are at the mercy of their installer, and regardless of the warranty of the carpet, it becomes invalid if not installed properly. We had 15 year warranty carpet installed by Lowe's in our home, which we have rented out for the past 2 years. When we inspected our home after the renters moved out, we found the carpet is wavy and has inch high wrinkles. We had a carpet person inspect it and were told that the Lowe's installer had not properly installed it. This resulted in the current carpet condition and nullified the manufacturer warranty because the problem is not with the carpet but with the installation. We have had it stretched, but this did no good. We are now trying to sell our home, but the realtor has advised the carpet will have to be replaced in order to sell it. I have spoken with Lowe's representatives about this, simply asking for a discount on replacing the carpet but was told Lowe's will not offer any discount if it is past the installation warranty (of one year), even if the carpet damage resulted from improper installation by a Lowe's installer.

1. Your warranty was voided by you from the start.

All residential carpet warranties specifically state they are only valid for OWNER OCCUPIED residents. They never cover a rented unit because renters abuse what they don't own. Try reading your warranty.

2. Wrinkling is ALSO caused by dragging heaving furniture across the carpet & improper steam cleaning.

No carpet warranty out there includes wrinkling because it cannot be 100% attributed to "poor installation."

3. Wrinkling that IS caused by a poor installation shows up with one to two months of the installation, not TWO years down the road which is why big box stores offer a full ONE YEAR warranty on the labor.

As a Lowe's employee, who as of today is making about $15 per hour less because my commissions are needed to insure the CEO gets his performance bonus, I have a few suggestions to get something done about your situation. Kicking and Screaming will get you a discount, you need to make a big fuss, there are several levels of management within the store, don't stop till you get to the store manager and if he doesn't do anything tell them you would like to speak to the district installs manager or even the district manager.

Another option is calling Lowes customer care center at 800-445-6937, store managers are terrified of this, it is a corporate record of a problem and they have to respond to the problem immediately and reprt back to customer care how they have satisfied the customer.

I know this works because I have had many of my appliance sales refunded and rebilled at a discount so lowes could take the commission back out of my paycheck to give it back to the customer so they don't get any bad publicity. Good Luck, trust me thay have the money to fix this they just took $40000 from my pay alone.

Sad but please.... The carpet warrenty was voided after the home was no longer considered single resident.

I.e. you renting ut out.

Also wrinkles are not always from a poor installation but if they were even after year the installer is responcible outside of the one year labor warrenty because the contract is iorn clad to be installed to mamfc specs. If that was the case and u had not rented u would have them over a barrel

The labor warrenty is for one year. As soon as the problem was noted Lowe's should have been advised so the installer could come out and restretch the carpet before it was damaged.

This problem would have appeared before the one year period was up. If Lowe's was not aware of the problem before the carpet was damaged it is not their fault.

Why would Lowe's offer an installation service if they don't know what they're doing?

View more comments (4)
Lowes Installation

LOWES AGAIN!!Brampton

I had a call from Lowes today wonting to give me a $200.00 dollar gift certificate for NOT fixing the stain on the stairs,due to cost to them,LOWES wonts me to sign the wavor.I think Im worth more then that.Its not just the gift certificate worth $200.00.Its the pride they should be taking in their contractors,and maybe checking their work regardless how good they are.I think they need to take care off there mistakes,and atlest try to fix it.Iv been fighting with them since last March,and thats what they came up with a $200.00 dollar gift certificate for LOWES'

You could tell them that once they have fixed the stain, then you will also take the $200 gift certifcate as well. And that you will not complain to the BBB if they fix the stain and give you the gift certificate.

Stick to your guns - they should be coming in a fixing the stain at whatever cost to them. Don't look at it as "fighting". Just hold them to good business ethics. Be kind, be patient, be longsuffering....

and then be thankful when they do it. Maybe back them a batch of cookies with the money they gift you (or rats, I don't think they sell cookie dough) (maybe a batch of nuts and bolts) (maybe just ask them for cash - that way you can shop somewhere else....)

Review
#291915 Review #291915 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes hot water heater buyer beware

Hot water heater replacement, called around and went with Lowes because of their reputation of quality. They sent a contracted plumber JW Plumbing. What a disappointment. They quoted the same price as others, but the plumber showed up LATE in the day, started work, and stopped and said I would have to pay $300 more if I wanted him to finish the job. The $450 water heater cost me an additional $500 in labor. What a scam. To add insult to injury the plumber had only months of experience in plumbling, and had no idea how to put an insulated blanket on the heater.
#419266

This is NOT Lowes instalation policy. You should contact the installation department at the Lowes you purchased your water heater and installlation contract through and report this to them the price you are quoted on the installation that you paid for is the full price the man is not allowed to charge you any more $$.

They need to know this so they can get void the contract Lowes has with him as an istaller.

If they give you any problems tell them you want corps # and things will get straightened out. I used to work at Lowes and trust me our store voided contracts with installers over things like this you may also want to go into the store and have a face to face talk with the manager if he's any good at his job he will help you.

Lowes Replacement

Lowes review in Columbus, Ohio: No customer service

I was looking for 3 items when I went in. Walked most of the store must have passed 15 employees and not one asks if I need help. Did not find what I needed and just decided to leave. It was early and hardly any customers. I was trying to avoid Lowe's . It was Morse Rd. store in Columbus,OH. Ended up back at Lowe's but they are no better. I have been to Lowe's probably hundreds of times and no one there would recognize me. When Menards opened I thought they might be better but now I'm not to sure about that.

they deal with hundreds of people on a daily basis why should they have to recognize you?

Ask for help. You start by approaching someone and you say "excuse me.

could you help me find.....". Ta da.

Patrick

just ask for help, is it that hard..? big baby. and they see a lot of people every day, not just you.

Are you that shy and pathetic that you need to be approached for help? Its called being a normal person and asking for direction.

View more comments (3)

Lowes review in Los Angeles, California: Lowe's doesn't care about customers

I have had several negative experiences with Lowe's within the last year. 1) the interest rate charges by GEMB is outrageous. When I contacted GEMB to see about lowering the interest rate they were absolutely uncooperative, so I closed this account. Lowe's should not use GEMB (nor should any other retailer). Their interest rates are unreasonable and not in keeping with the rest of the economy. I realize it is GEMB charging the rate, but Lowe's should not turn over the credit aspect of their business to such a notoriously horrific credit processing company! 2) Lowe's does not stand behind their products. I bought a clothes dryer that broke within the first three months and wanted it replaced, but instead my only recourse was to have it (poorly) repaired. It has since broken twice more, outside warranty. Forget Lowe's - my son has been able to fix it both times, at no charge and without lame excuses, waiting on hold and being disconnected. 3) rude employees. I just had a very negative experience with an employee who was supposedly in 'customer service' that I came up against when trying to return a product that failed to work. I eventually got a refund, but that was after much huffing and puffing, overly dramatic keying in of my credit card number, sighing and slamming of cash drawer after retrieving my $8.14 cash refund. Who needs this place?

I find it amusing that you want to return a 3 month old appliance like it is a tshirt that didnt fit. How would your car dealer handle this?

Yeah bring it back and we will give you a new car.

No they warrant it. I agree that the cashier was rude with you slamming drawers and huffing and puffing must have ruined her day.

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes Food Loss Warranty

My refrigerator went out, and after 3 weeks of trying to get them to repair it, they finally gave up and paid me the purchase price because they were not competent enough to fix a simple circuit card, and I am still trying to get the food loss issue taken care of. The people with the warranty are NOT part of LOWES, so don't expect them to have any idea of what is going on, because they won't have a clue, and are dumb as rocks. I got reimbursed for the refrigerator, but am now trying to get the food loss coverage ($250.00 per incident) taken care of. The warranty people and food loss people are 2 different offices and don't seem to know how to talk to each other, so good luck trying to get them on the same page. The food loss person we finally spoke to said we had to send them a written list of food loss and a copy of the repair slip. The repair was never completed and they bought out my refrigerator, so there is no repair ticket to send to them. They can't get their heads out of the ground long enough to understand what I need to send to them with the food loss list. Also, don't expect to be able to do any of this online. It all has to be done over the phone and by mail. I would never ever, ever, ever recommend Lowes, their warranty program, or a Samsung refrigerator to anyone as long as I live. It is a nightmare, they are all complete idiots, and this is taking way too long to get taken care of. I used to hate going to Home Depot, but now I love it and will never shop for any major appliance at LOWES ever again, and will tell every friend I have to stay away from them like the plague.

Thank you waiting for the repair man now for my lg fridge. Hopefully I do not have the same problem as you.

Don't need anymore problems this month, I was wondering how to claim that food loss. It just says $300 per incident, I took pictures of everything before dumping it after two days.

Trying to get ready for Christmas dinner and with out a fridge no fun. Thanks again,

#1419699

this is so so sad i have been waiting for six months now when i finally spoke to someone i was told that my claim was never sent to the claims department for food loss and then i was told it would take 14 days to get denial letter or a check and its been almost 4 weeks now im pissed but best thing i can do is keep on getting at them until i get my money they had all info and list of food ect from the time i put the claim in

Same thing happened to me. It’s been four months and everytime I call they have another excuse!

I file a food claim 2 weeks ago until now I have not heard from them

John N

Wow! I have purchased half a dozen appliances from Lowes with no problem. Of course, I had no problem with Lowes because I had no problem with the appliances.

You have a few options: Pursue this with Lowes and the warranty people, in addition, bring Samsung into the picture as it was their fridge that started this whole thing.Keep on it for as long as you can just to make a point.

Or, file a claim with your homeowner's insurance. Don't do this unless you have to as insurance companies now want to cancel your policy after you make three claims---in all the years you are with them. Thus, 3 claims in 30 years and you are out. Also, you may have a deductible. Check to find out.

Or, sue Lowes, the warranty co. and Samsung in small claims court---again, just to make a point.

Wonderful how much better customer service in this country has gotten since the schools are failing and production of products is now in Asia, isn't it?

View more comments (4)