Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Re: Lowe's Blow jobs.......

Since leaving Lowe's Home Improvement Center two years ago, my life is finally where I want it to be. The past two years have been ***, to say the least, but I have survived. No thanks to the people who tried to ruin my life with their attempt at making me out to be a *** and destroying my chances of getting another job. I'm sorry, but you didn't succeed. As you can see, I didn't commit suicide either. There is humor in this whole situation. My associates at work knew me so well! Did they know that my husband claims to have seen a UFO? Or that he was in jail several times? The people that posted all the smutty comments about me had plenty of truthful ammunition to use against me, but they chose to make things up. Happy New Year to all!
upsetsoldier

To my knowledge this is a consumer website, you are looking for the disgruntled employee website at the back of the Post Office.

So Sad. Your parents should have taken your advice.

Get a life.

You sound like a jealous ex employee. Do the world a favor and don't breed.

The world already has enough *** to support. Better yet go play in traffic.

View more comments (2)
Review
I don't know if it is just this store or Lowes generally, but there is ZERO customer service. I purchased a garage door opener and installation services. Lowes' contractor, too lazy to remove the rails from my existing opener, lied and said that I needed a different...
nikalseyn

Well, at least you kept on it and got your money back so you could get someone to do it right. The problem was obviously the independent contractor used by Lowe's and I am surprised Lowe's refused to take any responsibility---he is sub-contracting from Lowe's, not you and is thus their responsibility.

At least you(and I)learned a lesson about Lowe's. By the way, where is this Lowe's store so we can stay away from it??

Review

Lowes in Ames, Iowa - Lowe's sells Outdated Gas Grill Cans. Said not their responsibility

I tried to purchase a new Gas can for a grill, but Lowe's said they only sell recycled cans with gas. When I pointed out the gas bottles were 6 to 13 years old, and that the 13 year can was no longer legal, I was told that was not their responsibility and I should contact their supplier, Rhino Gas, even though I was purchasing directly from Lowe's. I will contact the local fire marshall in the morning. Gas containers when filled are under high pressure. Rust or corrosion can weaken the container over time, A pressure test, every 12 years, is to verify that it is still safe to use. The date of the test is stamped on the container handle.
commonsense2011

They should have taken care of you, given you a new container, contacted Rhino, and gotten the older tanks taken out.

nikalseyn

stores never will admit something like this and just shrug their shoulders. You might go into Lowe's the next day and see if they have suddenly taken the out-dated ones away.

If not, call the local fire marshall or townhall people to file a complaint. Sometimes the only thing that will get these stores to comply with safety rules is to file a complaint with the appropriate authorities.

That's why we have rules and people to carry them out. Not for big box companies to flaunt them.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes sold us "used" fridge as "new"......

We placed an order at the Lowe web-site online for a new refridgerator and stove Nov. 22, 2011. Our zip code indicated the Bedford Heights, OH store would process the delivery. After waiting a month, and 2 "rescheduled" delivery appointments, they brought us a "new" stove and a used refridgerator. They didn't tell us the fridge was used, instead they left us a "voice mail" they it had a damaged right side and they would give us 10% off. Turns out the left and right side had 12" dents and the Stainless Steel had a big "ding" on it. That night it quit working and we lost all our food, frozen and fridge. After calling, going into the store, contacting the number they gave us, and callling again....they finally agreed to bring us a "loaner" fridge until the new one could be delivered. They gave us $300 cash for our lost food. They didn't make any effort to go above and beyond to make it better for us. Maybe an apology and a $25.00 for goodwill would have been appropriate. We realized the original fridge they brought us was used after we received the new one, completed wrapped up in plastic....the front, the drawers, and shelving was all wrapped solid in perfect condition. That is when we thought, WOW - that first fridge was "used" and not new at all. I hope someone reads this from Lowes, and tries to make it better. After all, we like Lowes because it is cleaner than Home Depot, but now we are so disappointed. At this point, I don't think we will purchase our granite from Lowes....The end.
#402032

This is why you should buy from the store...not the internet.

Lowes in Spokane, Washington - Lowe's lies

We purchased a new hot water heater from Lowe's, a subcontractor came to install it and drained our old hot water heater down our basement drain, clogging it. We had a huge flood of sewage in our basement and a third party confirmed it was because of the silt and sand from the old hot water heater. Initially Lowe's said they would pay for everything but then they turned us over to their insurance, which turned us over to the subcontractor's insurance, which refused to pay. Now we are on the hook for almost $4000 and have to go to our own insurance, which will raise our rates. Lowe's guarantees their work and has contracts with all their subcontractors, but when one of them messes up, they suddenly say it isn't their problem. They're despicable.

This post was merely a way to let others out there know how Lowe's screwed us over, not to get everyone and their brother to weigh in. Please refrain from offering suggestions and "helpful hints" when I did not go into extreme detail on the situation.

I have proof via another plumber that it was the subcontractor's fault for the flood and don't go blaming it on other clogs in my line because it is a new line. And yes, there was a lot of calcium or whatnot in the old water heater, it was nearly 20 years old.

So please take this as it was intended, a warning to people who are considering Lowe's services and an example of big business screwing over the little guy. Not everyone needs to hear your snarky comments and unsubstantiated opinions.

I put this up so other people would be warned, not to get everyone else's opinion on it. I know it was the subcontractor's fault because I had a plumber verify it.

There are no other clogs in the line because it is a brand new line. And yes there was calcium and whatnot in the old water heater, it was nearly 20 years old!

So please spare me the agony of reading your "helpful hints" on what else I need to do on my house and just take the post for what it is, a complaint against Lowe's and a warning to people who might be considering buying from them. Big business needs to stop screwing consumers or we will never pull out of this recession.

Silt and sand from INSIDE a hot water tank? If that really happened, you need to get a new well or water source.

Silt and sand in your drain probably came from a ruptured drain pipe. Blame yourself, not somebody else on this one.

You have to file a civil suit to get the money. That's the only way.

All companies with contractors are like this. That's WHY they have contractors in the first place.

nikalseyn

I guess you could sue Lowe's in small claims court. Just make sure you have a written deposition from a qualified third party professional engaged in the plumbing business.

As an aside, I have never trusted getting anything like a water heater from a place like Sears or Lowes, etc.

for the reason you are dissatisfied---they use independent contractors and some are good and some are bad. Which one you get is problematical.

Also, I am not so sure draining the old water heater in the (assumed)city sewer drain in your basement was the cause of the blockage. It probably was mostly blocked for a long time and the large amount of water in a short time period was too much for it.

I drained an old water heater in my basement sump hole and pumped it out via the sump pump with no problem. If the silt was a problem, the sump pump would have gotten clogged.

But, all this begs the question: just where did you expect the guy to drain the old water heater? Via pails and toss outside??

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Ridiculous service

Lowes Manager: Both I and my wife are upset with your Toms River NJ store customer service desk people. Their attitudes are awful and insulting. We are both never walking into your stores ever again. A year ago, my wife was told she was *** and called 'a ***' by one of your customer service desk workers while my wife was making a return. She's not forgotten the experience, and she remembers it unpleasantly every time she makes a purchase at your store, even today. She dreads having to walk into Lowes, and dreads having to deal with the customer service desk on a propane bottle return or anything similar. Just today, I went shopping for a few minor things, a dog 'pet' door, pet supplies, some fasteners, and was thinking of checking on kitchen appliance prices; I wanted to surprise my wife with new stainless Freezer / Refrigerator, one with water and ice making options on the door. I entered your store from the contractor entrance, and I have to admit, the people at the contractor entrance are hardly ever a problem. I asked about small 'pet' doors, (I know where the appliances are), and the contractor desk people were friendly, helpful, and had a pretty good attitude; they directed me to the pet aisle, aisle 23. The contrast between the contractor desk was and is in complete contrast to the people working at the other entrance, where my wife was insulted and where I ran into trouble just today. Today I was thrown out of your store. I had a thousand dollars in cash in my pocket. I was going to look at appliances. Dumb. As I walked through the store, toward the pet aisle at the opposite end of the store, two young Lowes women employees approached me, and advised me I had to have my 22 pound Boston Terrier in a cart, or I had to carry her, and that the rules were 'pretty strict.' They oohed and aaahed and remarked how cute my little dog was, and said she was pretty, and I was not surprised at this, she is a cute little dog, but I was surprised at the instructions, so I put my small dog in a cart and continued shopping. As I approached the main customer entrance, a old woman with more hair spray and bottle brunette coloring on her head than common sense stepped out from behind the customer service desk and nastily told me I had to leave the store immediately. I asked why, and she said, "health reasons, the board of health has a law and dogs are not allowed in all stores, it's posted at the entrances." She chaperoned me to the exit and made sure I left. Hmmm. Health reasons? Lowes does sell pet supplies, don't they? My dog was in a cart, as the young lady employees instructed me. Maybe your hair sprayed and brunette in a bottle employee with the foghorn voice doesn't want my dog getting sick from all the leaking pesticide containers in your store, the ones across the aisle from the pet supplies? Is this possible? That must be the health issues she's referring to. Hmmm. I was puzzled. I know Lowes has a pet aisle, I know they do, I've seen it, I've bought pet supplies from it. And, in the space of 30 seconds I was told two different things by employees of Lowes. I left the store with my 22 pound dog under my arm. My little dog was cuddled up, right next to the $1000.00 in cash in my chest pocket. Outside the store I looked for the board of health sign, and couldn't find one, so I walked back in to question the hair spray bottle brunette woman, and before I even got two steps in the door she started shouting in her foghorn voice that I had to leave. No problem. I'll leave, and I'll be *** if I'll ever step back into your store with your nasty people with lousy mixed up insulting attitudes ever again with a thousand dollars in my wallet and high limit credit card. How about that? I left, and made three trips just today to your competitors store where I made my purchases for my projects. They love my little dog there at your competitors store. My wife is never going into your store ever again, and neither am I. Your customer service people are rude, poorly trained, often confused, clueless about the products on the shelves, and frequently nasty. Good luck with your business venture. Go be nasty to someone else. I'm amazed your in business. I've walked past broken leaking pesticide containers broken and spilling and leaking into the aisle in your Toms River store, I've seen pesticides marked down to next to nothing prices and in failing containers leaking into the bins they were thrown into, I've seen pallets of fertilizer with broken bags leaking and tracking up and down aisles, I've seen shelves poorly stocked with the same item at two different prices, damaged goods displayed for sale, incorrect pricing, 'SUPER SALE' items ringing up at 20% and 50% over the marked SALE price, incorrect labeling, no knowledgeable salespeople in sight for hundreds of feet, far too few manned checkout registers, and far too many customer service people who don't know how to operate the registers and handle ordinary transactions. God forbid you actually ask for the SALE PRICE marked on the item on a shelf, at your Toms River store, you'll lose 15 minutes out of your life while the staff slowly drag themselves around in circles seeking whatever special super authority necessary to sell you the item at the price marked on the shelf. I've seen all this, my wife has been treated nastily, and now today, I was thrown out of your store because of a little 22 pound dog, on our way to the pet aisle. I had a THOUSAND DOLLARS CASH in my pocket. Goodbye.
#701972

Hahahaha, just read this. Whoever wrote this is full of it and clearly an unhappy person in life!

@That Girl

Not so..... I know who the customer is talking about the 2 females no longer are there

What the heck does having a "pet aisle" have to do with allowing pets inside the store? Our local grocery store has a pet aisle, can't bring pets in.

The local retail store sells car parts but you're not allowed to drive your car through the store either. Shocking!

commonsense2011

While I love small dogs, I am usually a bit reserved when I am around them in a public setting..some people are afraid of dogs....Lowe's has a policy that the only pet of any kind allowed in the store is a service animal. I'm pretty sure other stores have this same policy, but they don't enforce it because they are afraid they will lose the customer.

I am glad you brought your dog into the store...it's better than leaving it in a car on a hot day with the windows rolled up...

I'm guessing all these previous comments were written by the same person. Sad.

I agree with the other poster on that comment about "runnin over them...I find small dogs to be extremely annoying with that extremely high pitched bark/squeakthat that ALL small dogs seem to have, and what else *** me off is those same dogs barking nonstop when you are trying to talk to a customer and they won't tell that *** dog to shut the *** up! Just once I'd like to turn that same dog into a *** football!!

Then the irresponsible owner keeps saying "What? What? I can't hear you? HUH??

What?" Maybe if they would shut that *** dog the *** up then they could hear what the *** I am trying to say to them. People like you ruin a good shopping trip for everyone else!

Two thumbs up for the comment made by 'Repubbed'!!

Nothing *** me off more than *** such as yourself taking their *** *** little dogs into ANY store and thinking that all the patrons will like him/her...WAKE UP YOU *** ***!!! Not everyone likes little p.o.s.

dogs. AND,who are you to just assume that everyone thinks they are cute!! They are NOT cute in any way shape, or form. I intentionally ran over and squished some p.o.s.

*** Zue or whatever the *** they are called. I made a road pizza outta that dog, and have NO regrets about it! Maybe that will teach you people to leave your *** little dogs at home, cause if I see one in the road, I guarantee you people that I WILL go outta my way to make sure and flatten it! That last dog I squished into the pavement had a real nice blood stain all over the asphalt and I loved hearing it squeak when I hit the mother ***!

I could even hear its bones crunching as I ran over it with my 4x4 truck! How about if the large and giant breed dogs owners take them into a store? See how long people think that is cute!! NOT!

I guess that most people think they have to be polite, well, have you ever thought that there is a reason for health codes...AND lawsuit liability in the event that your so called cute dog bites someone? DUH? You are the reason that dogs are not allowed in stores!! Patron endangerment and liability on the part of the store IF some guest were to get bit or injured by your p.o.s.

dog.

Do yourself a favor and leave that dog at home, cause I guarantee you that IF I see it running loose I WILL run over it. Fortunately by me running over that *** dog there is one less small dog in the world now.

@From someone who enjoys runnin

wow!!!!!!! Talk about a serial killer in the making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to chill out before you do something even more evil where you'll have to serve time.

Nothing infuriates me more than people who bring children into stores, in particular the special kids, they make me friggin' sick. They can't control the kids, the kids break things, and they are always whining at the checkout for candy, wetting their pants, and puking.

The parents are worse, they don't watch the kids, they fight, they argue, and mothers slap their future death row inmates around for the slightest infraction. I've been in retail for 22 years, and there's nothing more that I hate than customers and their kids. If I didn't have to put up with customers at all, I'd have a perfect retail career. I studied hard at the community college to be able to qualify to run this cash register and push that broom around, too, I am a professional, I can face a shelf.

You should know, you readers, you should know. Get mopping, there's a clean up in aisle 5, somebody's kid threw up, obviously he's been licking the handle on the special bus again.

Nothing Irritates me more than people who think it is appropriate to bring dogs into stores. Here is the thing, dog *** and poo indiscriminately.

Lowes sells kitchen wares (This is actually likely the health violation)

Also if you little puppy bit a child or a staff member, the store is liable.

Not to mention, I don't like dogs, I don't have a Dog because I am extremely allergic to dogs. I do my part, and not walk through off leash areas, now you do yours and keep your *** dog out of places they aren't suppose to be.

No Dogs means exactly that.

What part of "No pets allowed" posted on the front door don't you understand??

It is not only unsafe for all customers but unhygenic as well. Have some common sense you *** ***.

If I owned a hardware store and you came in with that ugly mutt I would've shot that mutt like old yeller.

What the *** is wrong with people like you these days. Get some common sense.

@So sad

Why do you feel death to an innocent dog is warranted when the real problem lies with the owner's ignorance? Sounds like a *** reason to pull out your pistol and make yourself feel like a REAL MAN:)

nikalseyn

You start out by saying your wife was insulted and called names last year at this Lowe's but then describe how she doesn't like exchanging propane tanks or even going into the store---but you or someone is continually dragging her (no doubt kicking and screaming??)into the store.

Now, you were asked to leave the store because you brought a 22 pound dog into the store. What *** brings a dog into a store??

This is not France. We do NOT bring dogs into a store. Not only is it dangerous because he could *** a small kid, but un-hygenic.

What the *** is the matter with you?? When I owned my hardware store, I would have told you once to get him and you out of the store and if you didn't, I would have shot him.

@nikalseyn

Why not just shoot the guy? Why do you sickos always want to kill the small dog? This site has some very trigger-happy people on it:/

Bye!

View more comments (16)
Lowes Manager

Lowes uses Certegy

Lowes uses Certegy Inc, a well documented Federal Trade Commission abuser of credit laws, uses Artificial Intelligence to deny approval of checks to capture good paying Lowes customers personal financial data and then sells it to subscribers via a Gold Membership Package. Its organized crime. don't beleive me write a POS check to pay for goods and services at Lowes and watch what happens. CONTACTS: Fidelity National Financial, Inc. - Daniel Kennedy Murphy, Senior Vice President, Finance and Investor Relations, 904-854-8120, dkmurphy@fnf.com; Certegy Inc. – Mary K. Waggoner, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, 678-867-8004, mary.waggoner@certegy.com

I went to a wal mart a few years ago to cash my paycheck, and I did not even have a bank acct, and for some weird reason, all of a sudden my paycheck was denied...Some bs response of 'order has expired' I was like WTF did that mean? I didn't have bad checks cause I didnt even have a checking acct,and to this day I still dont know what the *** that was all about!!

So, I had to call Certegy, and of course they had NO idea, and I never did get a straight answer from Certegy about that...so, I then called our payroll dept, and they too said they had never heard of that..I ended up going to the bank and signing up for direct deposit.

Just thought that was really weird, cause I had been cashing my payroll checks at that same Wal-Mart for 2 years with no problems, then this happened. BTW, My employer had over 1,500 people working there so there was NO reason for the sneaky *** that Certegy did other than embarrass me in front of everyone!

People still write checks? I was quite unaware. Thought check writing died ten years ago.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes will fire their workers unfairly!

A manager is in cahoots with the company to lie on a worker under him and cause him to lose his job 3 days before xmas and lose his insurance when he has epilepsy and now will lose his home and insurance to get his medicine that he desperately needs. This manager has joked around and kicked this worker and made fun of him because of his epilepsy but the worker did nothing to him. He called him the paint shaker, the floor cleaner because of his seizures. How can a company do this to a worker that has been with them for years. I don't see how the manager of that department can possibly live with what he has done to this guy. We have called around and there is a good chance we have a law suit. Would serve them right after what they have done. His dr. is amazed that this has happened. Anybody else out there had this problem with Lowes?

I guess this isn't a serious sight at all. Wouldn't surprise me at all for nice try, okay,ha ha, you are lying and 2 lilmaudes to be the manager or just a nut messing up this this thread.

What happened did happen enough said, we will be taking this to a further action.

Hope nothing like this happens to any of you. Goodbye!

matches, throats what? who , huh?

lilmaude

Hogwarts I would say you are probably correct and someone was just messing around. The one thing I don't need to do is lie.

It was an unjust firing and anybody else can think what they want. If it was you, I guess it would be different. The thing is, people should not be fired and put off their job for joking and especially when the manager has done it to this person.

My story didn't need to add up to anybody elses. We know what happened and so do several others that work at that store.

I think in the end they will come thru to tell about this manager and the Hr woman.

Just sad this stuff can happen to people. Was wondering if anyone else gets treated like this at Lowes?

lilmaude

The above comment about the stealing and hands shaking and things dropping into the pockets was Not made by me. Maybe the guilty manager has found this site.

Hmmmmm The HR at the Xenia store is a very unfair person. She has her picks in the store and that is the way it is. Its a shame that people can't go to work and make a living these days.

There is always a bad apple at every establishment it seems. They need to stop and think how they would feel if it was them or their family member.

lilmaude

ty for the info. I have let this person know to do what you have suggested. Hope something can be done for him.

Look up the Americans with Disabilities Act.

File a complaint with the local Equal Rights Commission.

Don't look to a lawyer, because they're only interested after the damage has been done, that's where their money comes from, a percentage of the damages.

Lowes leaders are incompetent, and their management is bottom of the barrel.

View more comments (5)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - LOWE'S DISRESPECTS VETERANS

Today I was appalled to find that Lowe's will not accept my federally issued military ID (with picture, address and SS#!) as a valid form of ID. We live 1/2 block from the store and shop there several times a week. Between personal and business needs, we spend at least $20k a year at this store! I was returning a ceiling fan bracket (same box, wrong model, exchanging really) and a light bulb for which I had a receipt, and a couple of switch plate covers ($8). A couple days ago I noticed that I had misplaced my driver's license (it's probably stuffed in a drawer or pocket). My husband has just been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and getting a replacement just has not been a priority this last week. I gave the cashier my military ID, at first she accepted it but it uses my SS# as the ID number. I gave her my DL#, something I memorized decades ago. She then refused to accept my ID. I asked if photocopy of my license would do and she said yes. I went home and printed the COPY of my license that had just been used to purchase real estate in a another state, got my birth certificate, the paperwork to my disabled parking placard, a DMV receipt for my license with the license number and went back...mad. The same cashier did not look at any of the documents, except the PHOTOCOPY of my DL...which had the NUMBER blacked out. Instead of verifying the DL# on the other documents, she asked me to give it to her VERBALLY (which I had done the first time) and processed the return. I had come to replace the ceiling fan mount, get a light fixture and order sod for the back yard. I then told the manager I would be going to Home Depot for those things after he refused to consider how ludicrous the entire experience had been...or even apologize..and sided with the clerk. I went to Home Depot, where they not only accepted my military ID to verify my PLATINUM credit card, but also gave me a military discount! PS...I had a US Navy ball cap on my head at the time too! My husband risked his life for 30 years to protect unreasonable people like those who run Lowe's. The manager there makes exponentially more money than my husband ever made, with no risk to his life and without being deployed 2/3 or more of every year. My husband suffered 2 amputations and other physical injury due to his service, and Lowe's won't even accept my military ID to return a couple of items! The would, however, accept a PHOTOCOPY of my DL with the NUMBER obscured! Really? Beware military vets...your federal ID...which is supposed to be good in all 50 states, is not good at Lowe's. They want your state issued DL in stead, good only in ONE state. Lowe's: You should be ashamed of yourselves! You lost a good customer.

i was going to post a complaint i had with lowes but after reading some of them it seems like this page is run by lowes employees who enjoy insulting the consumer. I guess these *** don't understand without us customers you *** wouldn't have a job.

commonsense2011

Lowe's can't accept a military ID when trying to return an item without a receipt. They track those kinds of returns with your Driver's License#.

If you return without a receipt too many times, the system will not allow you to return anything else. It's just a way that Lowe's is trying to preserve its business because there are people who steal and try to bring stolen items back...everyone suffers for what those people do.

Maybe Lowe's should just stop accepting returns without a receipt...

Lowe's requires a VALID STATE ISSUED I.D. Not federal.

They track returns off the DL number. People should start saving receipts, then they would not have so many problems making returns!

Obviously you don't read well...had a receipt, making a return WITH receipt..made purchase with credit card..my military ID was accepted as ID when I made the purchase.

PS

my husband was NOT drafted-he enlisted and re-enlisted over and over again (for *** people like you)

he spent 9 months our of EVERY year flying over hostile territories risking his life for 30 years

he missed his children's births, and the deaths of 2

he was a prisoner of war, was welded in and out of an iron coffin for months and tortured.. and still RE-ENLISTED

The only reason I mentioned his current health was that when I noticed my license missing a few days before, I did not go immediately to get a new one because we are spending 6 hours a day doing chemo and radiation (for a cancer he got because of his service, but I did not mention that before)

You are so sad that you have nothing better to do than troll these complaints, reading (poorly) and commenting on something that seems to have nothing to do with you

This is about not accepting a legally valid FEDERAL ID..the same ID they have always accepted when I MAKE a purchase...but accepting a COPY of my DL with no number on it instead! all for a return of $40 that I wanted returned to my credit card (which I had with me)

I have gotten an apology from Lowe's HQ, apparently it was a matter of 2 s*****d employees and one s*****d "manager" who did not pay attention in training and critical thinking.

As amusing as the comments from *** are, I am not wasting any more time..but, before I go...before you chime in, try to actually read and understand the information before saying s*****d things!

Almost perfect complaint! Has all the elements: Mention military service and medical ailments which have nothing to do with the story, complain about trouble with returning a product that you bought, draw some really dramatic asinine conclusion, completely exaggerate the amount of money you spend there, since after all, you should be treated differently (several times a week?

Really? You go to Lowe's every day?), threaten to go to a different store, go on and on about how you fought for this country and you're being taken advantage of (I thought soldiers were tough).

Overall, great job OP!

My only suggestions is you should've insulted the staff over their age, competence, customer service skills, etc and you should've said you've been going to that store for 70+ years, but never again. All and all, it was a really good complaint.

I'm confused, were you making a return without a receipt or making a purchase without a state issued ID?

Everybody has problems, what makes you think that you are any better than anyone else?

I get so sick and tired of people complaining about how they have this disease or that disease. Life happens, heck I work with a lady that has beaten cancer and her son died. You don't hear her using that as an excuse. So your husband was drafted all 30 years by the US government, or did he choose to make a career out of the military and reenlist himself.

I've got a buddy who went to war and never came home, so count your blessings your husband is still alive to listen to your little pathetic complaint of poor customer service. Why don't you put your focus on more important things and stop generalizing one incident and assume Lowe's is disrespecting veterans.

A military ID is a valid form of ID...to refuse to accept it IS disrespectful. especially because instead of taking a test that just about anyone can pass, a military ID is earned by risking your life and, until recently, being paid below the poverty level for doing so. The federal government deems it a legal, valid form of ID.

Besides, the argument is rather ***. If Lowe's refused to grant me the same privileges that they would a man..because I was a woman...that would definitely be not only a crime, but disrespectful at the least. According to the manager it is a company policy, therefore, it is perfectly reasonable.. and logical... to generalize the action toward the whole company.

Spoken like someone who has never had to risk their life and family for their country.

I sympathize with your trouble making a return, but the conclusion you draw from this incident is that "LOWES DISRESPECTS VETERANS?" It seems that you could also have made a conclusion that "Lowe's disrespects the handicapped," or "Lowe's disrespects women." Because you had this bad interaction you think it is fair to generalize about the entire company? I hope wherever you choose to shop from now on doesn't have one incident to make you decide that they hate all humans. Letting a single incident speak for entire organizations could leave you growing all you own food and living a hermit's life.

View more comments (7)

LOWES!!!...Black Friday Beware!!

:roll I'm reading everywhere that this is happening. I bought the appliance suite on black friday and again they called the day before to let me know the fridge would'nt be coming until February!...really?. Soooooo we're going to use an ice chest for a fridge and why in the heck you're just telling me the day before delivery. It was in stock the day I purchased it, supposedly put on hold until I was ready for it to be delivered. The store manager felt I could just buy another ( what the ***...who cares)..I ask for something other than an ice chest, since we don't have ANY appliances to begin with...so they said they will send a top freezer loaner fridge (probably white) to match my stainless steel..and dead smack before Christmas too!!..HO HO HO..I almost despise them at this point. I still have to make payments on something I don't have :x..If anyone have had to renovate a home then you'll know my stress level is a 1,000 and now this!..I called the main customer service cause I'm not letting this go. I honestly believe my fridge on hold was sold to someone else. If I don't here from the senior manager as told, then BBB will be next. This is soooo unacceptable!!!

We bought a washer and dryer on Black Friday weekend, and were scheduled for delivery in two weeks. We tore apart our laundry closet in preparation.

On our delivery day I called to confirm the delivery time because we had not received a call. They said too many were sold and they are having trouble getting the washer, but it would arrive before Christmas. Then we were rescheduled for delivery on January 10th. Today we called to make sure the delivery would really happen.

Now they say the washer won't arrive until February...hopefully. What? They still can't tell us when we'll get the washer and dryer, even though we have had to make payments on items we don't even have. I understand how this happened, but the customer service has been lacking here.

No excuse for them not letting us know the deliveries had been cancelled. If no washer by February we will be cancelling the purchase.

It is quite obvious that the employees of Lowes are not doing their job. Once an item is ordered, it is up to the specialist to follow up with the vendors to make sure that the item is on order, being processed and shipped.

They are also responsible for recording this info in the computer so when a customer calls up to get an update , customer service can give it to them. The specialist from that specific department, shyould also keep the customer updated.

We bought a samsung 4 door on black friday and was told it would be at our house by the 20th of December. Well the 22nd rolled around with no word so I went to the store to ask about what was going on and was told they didnt know when I would get the fridge.

A week later with still no word I go back in the store to inquire about the fridge and was told I would recieve it by middle of Feb.

I'm more than mad as this was my wife's xmas present. I could have bought the fridge at best buy as it was in stock two weeks after black friday.

First of all ......im pretty sure when u was sold those appliances..that store was already in the negative....since the.black friday was set an extra 2.5 weeks early. i can also assume that you was told that info and u said it was ok to wait.

if u have zero appliances and u buy a good deal like u did..did u really think you are the only person on the planet...deals like that come once a year and its not set up to buy and get it right away. we are not talking about tvs here. everyone was buying the same product. if u get a white loaner..who cares as long as its working properly...have patience...the real ones who lost are the actual salespeople.

they work hars to sell you the product expecting the company to back up their word...then they sell it..and get a email a week before xmas telling them..hey we r sorry but it wont come in till feb and u will pretty much lose everything u sold because there arent any direct replacements so offer them product b..fir the same price..but u lose your commission and take all the criticism of being the bad guy.

so excuse me if u have to wait a lil whike for your product. while u r whining about not getting your new toys for christmas...im over here trying to feed muy family off of half of.a.check thanks.to lowes promotion!

I understand your frustration with not having your refrigerator delivered when it was expected. Take a few minutes and breathe deeply.

These appliance sales on Black Friday are loss leaders. Low's loses money on these deeply discounted appliances, though I'm sure some folks wouldn't believe that. Despite that, most stores sell quantities well beyond what they have on hand in order to satisfy public demand. When this happens, there is a lag time while the manufacturers catch up with the backlog. No system of predicting future sales is perfect, so there are delays all around.

I would find it perfectly reasonable for you to ask what happened to the one that was supposed to be on hold for you, but you may not like an honest answer. The way most of these stores operate, it is first come, first served. But that doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the unit even if they had one when you purchased it.

For example. Your local store has 5 refrigerators when Black Friday rolls around. You buy the fifth (and last) refrigerator. When person #3's refrigerator is unboxed, severe concealed damage is discovered. So he or she gets person #4's refrigerator, and person #4 takes yours. from the store's point of view, the entire system is first come, first served, not "these other refrigerators are spoken for, so now the person who was third in line has to wait until the very end of the line.

Low's giving you a loaner refrigerator is beyond what they are obligated to do. So what if it's white, and your other appliances are stainless? Whatever they send will marked down and sold as used after you're done with it. If they sent you a $2,000 refrigerator, that would mean more of a loss. These companies are in business to make money, not increase losses to satisfy your sense of aesthetics.

You always have the option of getting a refund and buying something else that's in stock, but I have the feeling you want to wait for the nice refrigerator at a good price.

Finally, when you complain to Lowe's corporate number, the complaint just gets sent back to the local store to deal with. You don't actually gain anything. And I'm always amused by references to the Better Business Bureau. They don't actually hold any sway in complaints.

Good luck, though.