Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes is so wrong

I am a white, middle class female, Christian, American that served 25 years in the military, to up hold the rights and freedoms of this country. Last time I knew religious freedom was one of those rights. Robert Niblock, the chairman and chief executive officer of Lowes might feel that Lowes has the right to support the organizations they choose and run ads where and when they choose for the TV shows they choose and he is certainty right. My personal feeling is that Lowes made a huge mistake in pulling the ad from the show about Muslims in America, instead of apologizing and admitting they made a mistake, reinstate the ads, they have made a bad PROBLEM situation worse. That will show up in the profits (or lack of) next quarter. Yes, they have the right to do whatever they want and I and thousands or more have the right to shop else where. Home Depot is usually very near any Lowes, where I live Home Depot is right across the street. I am no longer going to shop at Lowes on principle, for me even if they do finally wake up and to stop the bleeding, do finally apologize, it will be too little too late, I will only shop at Home Depot from now on. You might give a 10% discount to Military (so does Home Depot) but you are a disgrace to what ourq soldiers have sacrificed for. If Robert Niblock had any balls he also would have left an e-mail to contact him at with the message he sent out defending his stupidly.

Congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion.

Why are Lowes leaders, managers, and employees so incompetent? The answer lies in their defense; THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE, AS INCOMPETENT AS THEY WANT TO BE.

...congress shall make no law regarding an establishment of religion... I am a disabled veteran, who supported those words with a gun, from behind a bullet proof vest.

It still sounds like a great policy.

Why are Lowes leadership, management, and employees so consistently and patently ***? I have to say, the answer lies in their defense; THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE, as *** as they want to be.

It's a free country. Free to pull your commercial ad from any *** show you choose.

Yes, Satan, and any company that advertised on the sitcom \"Julia\" in the 1960s (the first TV show starring an African American), would be with their rights to pull their ads if it turned out Julia was a \"lighting (sic) rod for controversy\". :p

So far as "free speech" is concerned, at the outset of this controversy all Lowes employees were contacted and told to provide no comment to the media, without corporate authorization....

How does Lowes, by pulling a TV ad, in any way interfere with Muslims freedom to practice their religion in America? Sounds like you're making up "rights" as you go along. Doesn't work that way.

Lowes denied military discount no Photo ID

Lowes denied Veteran wirh 8 Years service with valid discharge certificate , but no photo ID even with presenting photo drivers lic. I server during the Korean war There is other companies thar will honor your discharge without a photo ID. and they carry the same thing Lowes does. Lowes is not honoring the Military as they say they are. What a JOKE. The store I visited Was in Johnson City Tennessee.The sales person at the check out was very rude about it and if I did not like it to call the corporate office.and thats tough luck. John G. Flag Pond Tn
jakob99

I retired in 1989 with pension and medical care. I was issued a DD Form 2 (Retired) . Blue, Laminated as they were in those days. Mine was issued on post at out-processing. Under expiration date it says INDEFINITE.

I have called JAG at Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox to confirm in 2 different places that my card is still good and does not have to be replaced or anything. My card is accepted at Ft. Campbell at the commissary / px/ shopette, etc.

Every time I go into the Gallatin Tennessee store they give me HECK. They even have a black and white copy of the i.d. cards they accept at each register. Albeit from a black and white fax machine or copier. They look at their page of card copies then look at my i.d.. They call person after person up front to look at it. The last time I was in the Lowes Gallatin there was a huge hassle like I was some criminal. They eventually gave the 10%.

On one past occasion the store manager told me the reason they really check the i.d. cards is that they have more money discounts at this store than at the Lowes nesr Ft. Campbell. I told him the soldiers at Ft. Campbell don't buy roofing, tractors, paint, etc. but retiree's do.

Made no sense whatso ever,

The Gallatin TN store is the ONLY Lowes store that causes this hassle.

Recently I went to Home Depot to buy a zero turn mower, instead of the local Lowes. Home Depot was glad to have my business and had absolutely no problem with my retired i.d.

3rdLevelRogue

Lowes cashier chiming in here. Corporate recently decided to only accept Military Cards with an I.D.

and it was no decision of the individual stores. It aggravates me quite a bit because my father is in the same boat you are in and he often will get me to buy him things to avoid the issue. Some cashiers will pass it through with mo hassle, but I beg you to please complain to corporate or take the complaint to the company Facebook or Twitter.

It isn't fair to deny some veterans who served, especially because it also implies that the cashiers are too *** to read a paper and.look at your driver's license. On a positive note, we will accept all forms on military holidays, which isn't really enough to me :sigh

#652095

I've never had an issue showing my military ID at Lowes and receiving the discount. Associates have actually asked me if I'm military and have let me know about the 10% discount multiple times.

They have policies in place to make sure their gracious offer is not abused. You failed to follow their policy.

Bring your DD-214 on the three holidays already mentioned and get your discount. The bottom line, any retailer who offers a discount for service is doing it as a courtesy, do them the courtesy of following their established policies.

I ran into the same problem with Lowes not honoring their military discount. I'm a disabled Viet Nam veteran and I'm in the process of building a new home.

My intention was to buy lots from Lowes using their 10% discount. I was told that I must have a military ID or a VA card. I told them I did not have either, but I did have my DD214, my VA letter stating my disability and my Bronze star letter for Viet Nam service. They would not even look at my letters and just stated that I must have a VA card.

I told them that I have not used the VA in over 25 years and I have no need to, so why would I have a VA card? They refused my discount, Lowes does not care about veterans at all.

Aww you all sound like the old pple that dont get their senior discount at McDonalds.

In the course of a month I had spent several thousand dollars on materiels for a deck and only twice was I asked for proof of military service. I was never denied the 10% veterans discount.

commonsense2011

Lowe's offers a 10% off discount to Veterans, yes. This is a discount which they are NOT required to give...and many companies DO NOT OFFER DISCOUNTS unless you have a coupon or if you catch them during a sale..if you did not have proof that you were in the military, then why would they give you a discount? Just because you said you were?

ALL THREE OF MY LOCAL LOWES STORES HAVE AND CONTINUE TO HONOR OUR "MILITARY ID CARDS" WITHOUT QUESTION.

This is the policy from the lowes.com website:

Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services(1) and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.(2)

This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family(3) of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.

To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:

Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card.

Or:

Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC).

We honor all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service. The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the Veteran community on these three holidays only.

The Military Discount must be used on personal purchases only and cannot be used for Lowes.com purchases, previous sales, or the purchase of gift cards or services including product installations. It cannot be combined with the Lowe’s Price Guarantee, or promotions such as "Spend and Get," "New Mover," "Project Starter," "Your Choice," or discounts such as Quote Support Program (QSP) quotes.

•1 Armed Services — US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, or the National Guard and who are in active, reserve, or retired status.

•2 Retired Veterans and VA Recipients — Veterans who have retired after 20 years of service and/or those who receive VA Benefits

•3 Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old.)

This is from the Lowes.com website:

Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services1 and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.2 This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.

To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:

Or:

•3 Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old.)

What a whiny little b****. They let you in the service?

Lemme guess... Front line infantry.

Just for your info, Lowe's is one of the only companies that offers a military discount all year long. HD definitely does not.

It does sound like you should have gotten the discount though. The cashier definitely didn't do the right thing.

You were tought to follow the rules while in the military. What makes you think you don't have to follow store policy?

nikalseyn

I suspect Lowe's is playing a game here. I am a veteran but I do not carry discharge paperwork around with me nor do I have any sort of "photo ID" proving I am a veteran.

I suppose I could show them my artificial leg or the scars on my shoulder but I doubt that would satisfy corporate requirements for a military discount.

Offering a "discount" for veterans is just a PR gambit and sounds good but in practice is BS. Your best bet is to just shop at Home Depot or Menards and forget about Lowe's and their attempts to cash in on the "we value your service" mantra.

#391975

at most stores they will give you a military discount the first time with discharge papers but the next time you come in you need to have gotten a photo ID sorry we cant overthrow corporate policies maybe thats why they told you to call corporate

#391967

First I would like to thank all veterans who gave a part of their life in service to our country. However this does not entitle you to expect a discount from retailers.

If they offer one that is great, but to complain about them because they don't doesn't become someone who takes pride in their service of our country. Man up and quit complaining.

View more comments (15)
Review

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Advertise a washer & dryer they don't have!!!

I purchased the Samsung washer & dryer that lowes had advertised on Black friday this year for $998. When I went in to purchase them of course they didn't have any in stock. Now mind you I was there and the first appliance customer at 5:00am. However they hadn't had them in stock for quite sometime before black friday. So why advertise something you don't have. So I bought them anyway as I was told they would be in within 2 weeks. Well a week later I got a phone call from lowes stating that my delivery was set up for Dec. 15th and that the driver would call me that morning and give me a 2-3 hour window of delivery time. Well on Dec. 14th lowes calls to tell me that they are still not in stock and don't expect them until sometime in February. Really February. So in the mean time I am paying interest on a purchase that I don't even have. Not for the fact their only response was well we can rufund your money. With them knowing *** well I can't go anywhere else and purchase them for that price since it was a special buy price for that day. they have numerous ones in stocj in the store of different colors and I told them they should replace it then with another item of the same quality that they have in stock. Well needless to say I still haven't got anywhere with them on this yet.

Well it pays to go to the top. I emailed the CEO and I had a better newer model delivered the following week so I did get mine the beginning of January.

They actually had the sale going on all month then also put it in the black Friday ad. Sneaky bastards I say.

However I very happy with the outcome. Just took lots of phone calls and complaints!!!

I was in the same prediciment...I Facebooked Lowes and the store manager in Indianapolis, Paul, told me that I should be lucky that I was able to purchase a washer and dryer for that price and that there was nothing they could do for me..Really...***...So I posted another facebook complaint...and I'm suppose to be recieving a call soon. However I am getting my washer and dryer this saturday..the same week I posted my first complaint..but 3 months is a little ridiculous to wait for a product!!

The reason they ran out is they opened the stores up on line the night before and they were all purchased by opening of black friday.. Sucks dont it......

Lowes really got set up actually. Samsung told Lowes to go ahead and run this special and Samsung did not expect to sell that many so they dropped the ball not having the inventory on back up like they thought they had. Poor Lowes looked like the ***.

Same thing here in Arkansas. It's January the 14th and my dryer is going out. Should have went with Sears.

Also having the same battle with Lowes. They offered a refund, however, they don't understand that my Black Friday dollars do not hold the same buying power.

Frankly, they don't care if they oversold, and have the same attitude as the "lowes employee" above...

don't blame us, we just oversold, it isn't our fault. I should have bought the LG at Home Depot for the same price.

Hello fellow disgruntled Samsung owners I have an update. I googled the ceo of lowes email Robert niablock the CEO of lowes and sent him an email last night jan 5th.

Today the 6th late morning I had the regional manager call me and say they will ship my samsung washer dryer steam set from the black Friday purchase overnite and have it delivered first thing sat morning the 7th by lowes employees and a $200 gift card. It pays to go straight to the top

We purchased a Samsung Frig, Stove, and Dishwasher Nov 18th 2011, and still have not rec'd any of them.

The salesman is very good he calls me able once a week. He just called me about 5 minutes ago and is telling me that Samsung told him that I will get no later than Feb. 13th.

He also said that he talked to the Samsung rep and he told him that it would be no later than Jan 30th.

There's nothing that I can do. The prices were super and luckily my current things work. I'm just glad that I didn't sell them right after I purchased the others as the salesman told me that I would have delivery in 2 weeks.

:roll

Purchased the same special set.

Ordered 11/24/11

And

Now

It's 1/4/11

I'll say it for everyone...

WTF????...

#402019

I had contacted corporate through Lowes website in the contact us area. I did have to do it a couple times before someone contacted me.

However corporate responded within a few days of me filing a complaint with the BBB.

The guy's name was Ray and I do not have his email address. Your best best is to file a complaint with the BBB as they have 10 days to respond to that complaint.

Hey I'm in the same nightmare

With this pair from Black Friday. Can you please tell me who you contacted from corporate to get those pedestals? their name and email would be much appreciated!

Well we are finally getting somewhere. They delivered the washer and a loaner dryer on Dec.

27th. I did also get a call from someone at corporate yesterday and he wass contacting the store to have them throw in the pedestal for the dryer for free.

I orginally only ordereed the pedestal for the washer as I didn't have the height clearance for the dryer but we have since fixed that. So they are giving me the dryer pedestal for free although still have no idea when we are getting our dryer.

Same here we bought our washer and dryer on nov 23 :( still have not recvd anything, and the employees are rude. How in the *** you oversell.

I was first promised delivery in 2 weeks now its 5 to 6 weeks really! And I had to call just to,get that info.

That *** about not blaming employees for something they have no control of. You should know what is in you stock room.lowes in Austell Ga sucks

The advertisements are a general based ad. How can we help that we don't have them in stock? Don't blame those who have no control.

We have the same problem, although they delivered our washer last week and there's still no word on either the pedistals or the dryer. The employees at the store can't even tell us when the dryer was ordered, just that it will be in the second week of January. That means we'll have waited over 6 weeks, when we purchased the pair we were told we'd have everything before Christmas.

View more comments (14)

Wow...Anti-American Lowes.

I am a 52-year-old Christian male. I can't believe my hardware store of choice decided to be in cahoots with the demented Christians instead of sane Americans. This gives me the real belief that the people who control Lowes are caving in to the bigot misguided Christians instead of the much larger community of right thinking and Christ-Like Christians. The demented christians are not Christians...why would Lowes want to be their champions on this nonsense? I will use lower-case to describe these radical, hateful "christians"...why would Lowes want these haters to be the face of their company? Does Lowes really believe all Muslims are terrorists? Wow.

Bottom line is this is America. We all have the right to be who or what we desire and beleive as we wish.

Im a veteran which served this country and i defended ALL freedoms. Not just those of a certain type of Christian.

I think the thing being lost is all of this is the fact that Lowes has the right to advertise or not advertise with anyone they choose. Get over it!!

2 things:

1) Lowes pulled the ads because that show's ratings were in the toilet.

2) Lowes pulled the ads BEFORE that group contacted them.

Do your homework first and don't believe everything the media tells you. Another one of the millions of mindless sheep.

52 year old. Does your keeper know you are on the loose?

You are a 52-year-old f_u_c_k_i_n_g clown.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Union City, Tennessee - Lowe's bigoted bias unacceptable

It is NOT within the scope of Lowe's, nor the Mayor of Dearborn to judge one of the world's greatest religions. As someone who has always preferred Lowe's in the past twenty years (including rebuilding multiple homes and doing thousands of dollars of business each year), I am horrified that Lowe's would attempt to vilify Islamic families at the bequest of right wing fundamentalist Christians! The fact that Lowe's is trying to promote fear and hatred has resulted in our very large family and extended family AND church family to permanently boycott all Lowe's stores. I am disgusted and appalled by a company making politics and religion a part of it's business advertising plan!

Don't care what the religious preferences of the OP, Reality or SWisser are. No one is asking Lowes not to adhere to the U.S.

Constitution or its amendments thereto. What the uproar is over is the perception that Lowes is being pressured to advertise based on religious beliefs. If they do advertise on American Muslims they are vilified for supporting a rouge (albeit large) religion, but if they pull advertising, then Lowes is vilified for caving into outside pressures.

Every major war was fought over religion. It sounds like that is what's brewing over Lowes' advertising choices.

Paulette11

I looked up the show on TLC and it is a reality show about Americans who happen to be Muslim.

Reality's post on 16 Dec 11 is correct... Lowes can freely choose who they sponsor but as Americans we believe in diversity and freedom and free exercise of religion.

Also, using the term "fundamental Islam" is a trigger word deemed problematic by those who suggest that Islamic belief requires all Muslims to be fundamentalists...this is not true.

I AM NOT A MUSLIM rather an American (Catholic, if your wondering) who believes in The First Amendment to the United States Constitution that states:

1. This amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion

2. Impeding the free exercise of religion, 3. Abridging the freedom of speech,

4. Infringing on the freedom of the press, 5. Interfering with the right to peaceably assemble, just to name a few.

This being so, why is it right for Lowes to pull their ads?

Because Lowes received complaints from the Florida Family Assn., a conservative Christian group that lobbies companies to promote "traditional, biblical values?"

Really? What if it was a show about Fundamentalist Mormonism, aka FLDS?

After reading Reality's response to the original posting, it makes me proud that someone has the good sense to stand up for Lowes and put the finger of blame right where it belongs - at the entertainment industry trying to ridicule us for thinking that a TV show about Islam is way off base.

Way to set the record straight - Reality. Nice going.

Way to set the record straight - Reality. Nice going.

Lowes can FREELY choose who they sponser. This is America.

Lowes vilified nobody. American companies owes Islam nothing. I owe them nothing. Islam is only great in numbers.

That's it.

It was fundamental Islam that brought us 9-11-01. You are obviously looking through Islamic colored glasses.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Bremerton, Washington - Lowe's is a Bigot *** company

They pulled their ad from a show about American Muslims called "All American Muslim" show just because they were threatened by some conservative group in Florida. Also they thought that would be a cool idea. This is truly against American and Human values. Please boycott this *** , racist and bigot company. SHAME ON YOU LOWES A true American company should never get involved in politics and serve everyone on equal basis that way we will have a healthy society and no bias. I am never going there again. Bye Bye Lowe's until you apologize to all American Muslims. Peace and Love everyone.

I can't believe that I'm actually agreeing with Simon, but here I am, standing side to side with him.

Why do we need a television show to inform those of us born here that muslims aren't violent? We're supposed to know the ones how want to kill us and marry our babies, how?????

That's way too much for an entertainment show.

It seems to me that some *** hating dude in Florida is driving the marketing for Lowes.

While Lowes is free to advertise wherever they want, it is strange that they would listen to a *** hating person - the head of this conservatice group in Florida, spent fifteen years bashing gays and now he tells Lowes to pull the ads and they say "YES SIR"

Who is running this company the CEO Rob Niblock or this crazy *** bashing guy from Florida. I guess it's the *** bashing guy :)

A conservative group in Florida boycotting Lowes would be a "splash in the pan" to Lowes. Lowes freely chooses who they sponser.

Dave1983, I am sure the $10.26 per year you spend at Lowes will cripple them.

Shop at Home Depot. Brush up on your Spanish, you will need it there.

Dont lose your head! (notice the pun?)

Being a company in America they can do what ever they want.

And if you dont like it go somewhere else. Its companies like Lowe's that helps us build this wonderful country.

Lets not talk about "human values". How can you even put "human values" and "muslim" in the same sentence?

What are your peaceful people going to blow up next? A Daycare center full of infidels? Are they going to stone to death another young woman for being in love?

(look it up and watch the video before you comment) I know I have probably upset you, so go ahead and slap me with the bottom of your sandal "Aaaahhhlalalalalala"! (turn your head and cough)

nikalseyn

Having lived and worked in the Middle East amongst these "peaceful" religious fanatics, I agree with Lowe's. You should be thankful Lowe's doesn't smear bacon fat over each piece of merchandise they sell. Stop whining and pray to allah for a way out of the 8th century.

***

Review

Lowes in Yonkers, New York - I just don't get it !!!!!!!!!

You go to LOWES and buy a garage door 3 or 4 years ago ( The same door is still for sale) and as time goes by the weatherstripping succumbs to the elements. There you go, taking a ride back to LOWES to get a replacement weather stripping and what do you hear when you get there? We don't carry weatherstripping for any of our doors, but we have them for others. I DON"T GET IT !!!!!!! So now I am left trying to track down the right weather stripping. Don't get me wrong its not that difficult with the Internet but for the love of Pete, why would you carry replacement parts for other products and not for the ones you sell !!!!!!!!!

Lowes in Salt Lake City, Utah - Lowe's anti-Muslim attitude

In light of the current issue re: American Muslim and Lowe's pulling ads: I will not shop there anymore, thank you. Defering to a fringe minority bigoted group in one particular area does not seem like good policy to me. I shop Lowe's in Salt Lake City, my friend works there. I was planning to go there this coming weekend. But that won't be happening and I have told my friend, the Lowe's employee, why I wouldn't be shopping there anymore. I have never watched the show, but still feel you are wrong on so many levels. Sorry. No more Lowe's shopping for me.

Lowes won't miss you.

Lowes can sponser whomever they choose. This is still a free contry.

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes is a bigoted corporation

Lowes pulled its advertising from All-American Muslim TV show to support the bigoted idea that Muslims are all terrorists. Join the boycott of Lowes. If you work at Lowes save your integrity and quit. Lowes pulled its advertising from All-American Muslim TV show to support the bigoted idea that Muslims are all terrorists. Join the boycott of Lowes. If you work at Lowes save your integrity and quit. Lowes pulled its advertising from All-American Muslim TV show to support the bigoted idea that Muslims are all terrorists. Join the boycott of Lowes. If you work at Lowes save your integrity and quit.

I want to join in with my support of Lowes' decision to pull out of advertising on that show.

You can call me a bigot, you can call me politically incorrect, you can call me intolerant, you can call me anything your little heart desires.

Since when does the political climate of our country dictate what an advertiser can and cannot do? And, since when does a drum banger decide what the appropriate decision for an entire corporation is and should be?

Man, you re pathetic.If you have watched the show, then probably you would realize the hidden agenda of showing Muslims, who still disrespect other cultures(in first epizode, they discussing how"funny"it is to see Irish people at the wedding with no alcohol, because a catholic Irish guy marries a muslim and he forced to convert, because in Islam non-muslim can't marry a muslim girl without converting.It's not about them being terrorists.Its about when foreigners come to USA they have to obey the laws here and not to make their own as they trying every day.Europe and Canada have already started to wake up from muslim invasion. Now it's , forbiden to wear burqa outside which covers a face. More and more laws will be made against them, because we have taken too much *** from them

Lowes commented on pulling the ad because the show was about Muslims, so "Reality" and "Satan" should probably do their homework before defending a corporation that has a bigot for a CEO. Do some research before you start spewing venomous non-sense!

Maybe if you actually pulled your head out of the clouds and came back down to R E A L I T Y like your name says, than you might think twice about defending a corporation who could care less about me OR YOU!!!!!! And Satan... well that just about says it all concerning yourself. I imagine that both of you are also people who blindly vote against your own interest year after year actually BELIEVING that trickle down economics works...

Just curious... how much money have you got back from the trillions in tax breaks the corps. and wealthy have received over the last ten years???

I bet you'll blindly vote to be bent over again next year too huh!?!?!?!? "discrimination complaint is worthless" PFFHHHHH your factless, blind and ignorant statements are the only worthless thing in this country!!!!

How many murders are reported daily in this country by Muslins compare to Christians. I think Christians top that list over all other religions so again which is the most dangerous religious group.

Lowes owes no allegiance to anyone, nationality or religion. They can freely choose who they desire to sponser.

This is still a free country. Get over it politically correct one!

How do you know their reason for pulling the ad? You're just using some bogus discrimination card and your complaint is worthless.

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Lied to me about buying a clarance item

I was lied to about, being able to pay for a stove on clarence and the delivery of the same. I was told you can not pay for a clarance item and pick it up later. When I went to get the item (1 day later) it was gone. I called customer service to find out that is not store policy at all. I spent over 2hrs on the phone with the very nice customer service rep., picking out another stove not even the quailty of the one I had seen , for 90.00 moor. It arrived scratched, I of course refused it. Never again Lowes.

Maybe you should have checked the clearance section. Clarance has nothing to do with the clearance items.

Service