Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Amsterdam, Ohio - Screwed over for being responsible

Applied for job @ lowes. Had interview scheduled for 9 a.m. Friday. Got phone call today at noon to reschedule for 2:30 p.m tomorrow. Informed HR rep that I couldn't make it because I have to go into work @ that time. She tells me she isnt coming in till 12 so its either at that time or sometime next week. I said fine make it for next week. She says I'll call u back with new time. Later in afternoon get email saying thanks for your interest but regretfully we are selecting other candidates. Well if thats the way they are going to act the they can all go to ***. Don't want to work for them now. I'm being responsible for showing up at my current job and getting penalized by another company for it. I was just looking for some extra cash. Screw them. Can imagine how they treat employees. Actually spoke to some former ones and was told that they quit because company dont treat them right. I now see its true.
nikalseyn

Lowe's obviously has a bad employee conducting the hiring interviews. At least, one that does not take her job seriously. Perhaps she is more concerned with her hair styling appointment or the kid's babysitter, or her upcoming "personal day." In any event, now you have an idea of how and why a large organization can be so messed up.

Review

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - LOWE'S SERVICE CONTRACT - RIP OFF AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WORTHLESS

I bought a Whirlpool Front Loader from Lowe's May 2009; started having problem with it January 2010. Was fixed (company who fixed it left tool marks on it). Forward to October 2011, same problem, called Lowes extended warranty service (I purchased a 4 year plan). Company called Fosters Appliance in La Crescenta, CA came out (useless prople). Service guy from Fosters looked at it, didn't do a thing. Excuse -- because the cover was off, it voided the service contract. Called Lowe's -- basically they will not fix it. I'm stuck with a 2 1/2 year old washer that won't work. Will never purchase anything from LOWEs again.

you tried to fix it and could not. you took it apart you put it back together, that simple, or no warranty.

This sucks. I am a servicer and it really is up to me to make or break the repair.

It was the lazyness of the company that came out to say its voided for the top being off.

I would have not allowed that to stop me. Don't blame the company but the servicer that came out that was too lazy to get out of his own way.

WARNING!! Do not buy any protection plans from Lowe's!

I bought a Whirlpool dishwasher here and the control panel started cracking. I called Lowe's because I bought a 4 year protection plan to get it replaced. They informed me that it was COSMETIC and would not be covered. I called to get a replacement and low and behold I have to buy the whole control panel because it's made all together.

COMPLETE RIP OFF! STAY AWAY!!

they sell junk who and are tryhing to protect the cash they stole from you dumba*s.

You must be some pathetic Lowes spokesman.

nikalseyn

So, why was the cover off? Were you attempting to fix it yourself?

Of course this voids the service contract.

You have a service contract and are supposed to let THEM fix it. Not you.

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Lowe's double charged for an Internet order.

For the second time in two years, Lowe's 'accidentally' charged me twice for an Internet order. I can understand making errors, but usually people are apologetic when they make them. Lowe's isn't. In both cases, they had to 'research' my claim, although it was apparent that a charge had been duplicated. Once 'researched,' no one would take responsibility for the problem, instead saying that 'this happens with the Internet sometimes.' When I suggested that it certainly didn't have to, the assistant manager at the Florence, AL store said that they just 'processed orders sent to them, and it wasn't their fault.' When I asked when my money would be credited, she didn't know. Surprise, surprise--corporate says that all that is done at the local level.... I finally contacted my bank and filed a claim, since I had no confidence that I'd ever get my money back otherwise. I'd suggest that Lowe's hire a programmer to create a 'flag' for duplicate entries, and that they train their associates better. No one is ever responsible for anything or able to answer questions at this chain (I've shopped in Alabama and Georgia). I'm not that fond of Home Depot, but they'll get my business from now on.

It iis a good two people job but one can do it with coommn tools. When setting the bottom section you will need a level and a scribing compass.

Set the section in place with the level on the top edge, level the door and run the scribe against the floor and the pencil end against the door. This line will guide you in trimming the bottom so it fits snug against the floor even before you nail the rubber on to it.

the rest is nuts and bolts. Set your rollers into the track and mount before affixing the mount to the door.

Lowes charged my card twice and no I did NOT submit twice or click again if page was slow. Called Lowe's and no one would help resolve this issue, claimed that since they only showed 1 order it must have only been charged once.

Had to call my credit card and file a dispute. So hurt that my Lowe's would treat me so poorly, I love-d Lowe's.

Lowe's didn't charge you twice. If you call customer care, we are more than happy to refund the second order.

Without explaining the whole processing an internet order process to you, there is no way you can be charged twice INTENTIONALLY.

Jeff Jolly -- I worked there for five years, having just quit within the last month, and it's physically impossible for me to process your internet order TWICE, unless you SUBMIT it twice. The customer is not always right.

It's people like you that have turned businesses into what they are now. And it's people like you who made me hate working there.

@k.

You suck

Both "ironman" and "nika...whatever" are missing the point. Customer service defines a business. The customer is always right, despite the facts...unless you want Lowes to be deemed as customer UNfriendly.

Why are you blaming Lowes for charging you twice, They didn't place the order on the internet, you did. It wAs just a mistake on your part for not paying attention and pressing the submit button to many times.

nikalseyn

Sometimes if you click the "order now" or "submit" button more than once, it will cause a duplication. Alot of times their servers are slow and you think nothing is happening after you click the button once.

Thus, you click it again. Many sites warn against this, but it is a common reaction.

However, this is only a guess as to what happened. To have it happen to one person twice is more than coincidental.

View more comments (6)
Loss

Lowes in Las Vegas, Nevada - Bought $2250. appliances from Lowe's now broken; company stiffed me.

Update by user Oct 19, 2011

I am pleased to announce that Lowe\'s will be reimbursing me for my loss and therefore I am no longer a pissed consumer but a satisfied consumer!

Original review posted by user Oct 12, 2011

We paid $2245.06 for a top of the line set of Whirlpool Washer/Dryer. One was repaired at least 4 times & is now damaged. The other unit can't be repaired. On 2/15/11 we purchased a top of the line matching set of Washer/Dryer from Lowes with an extended warranty for an additional 4 years and were told it covered everything from "top to bottom". Two months later the Dryer stopped working and had to be replaced. On 8/23/11, the Washer stopped working because the lid cracked and we waited through 4 visits by various repairmen contracted out by Lowes and included a factory authorized repairman from Whirlpool. The Lowes repairman couldn't fix the problem and ended up damaging the Washer and admitted doing so. He took a brush and painted over the scratched up areas. This is not acceptable. The Whirlpool repairman could not repair the Dryer and said he would have to order numerous parts and try to rebuild it. Totally unacceptable. In addition to this, the Lowes repairman refused to come out to fix these unless we provided them with our credit card which we were forced to do. They did not fix the units but charged us $150. We have seen been refunded $75. of the fraudulently charged $150. I have made at least 10-15 telephone calls to the service provider Lowes Service Advantage, the local Lowes store of purchase and the Whirlpool Co. In essence all I have gotten for this frustration and aggravation is "we're working on it". Since these units have had to been repaired numerous times or can't be repaired, we want our money back from the store to purchase a different brand that may be far less troublesome. I have also filed a complaint with the Nevada BBB, the Michigan BBB, and the Michigan, Nevada and North Carolina Attorney Generals office. The next step if we are not refunded our money will be Small Claims Court.

Call 1800 or 866 44 lowes, they will take complaint. And force the store to respond and help u. They should exchange it and give money for service.

Pay the $$ and take them to court. The way I was treated is unacceptable, and getting a full refund is evident that the management knows they have internal issues. I went to Home Depot and had no problems.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes turn me down for credit

I just got a new home last april and a new car.I don't have credit cards But I have and unsecured cash loan for a loan company for 9 years.My credit is clean . Lowes has ran my credit check 4 times and there not pulling up any creit that shows my payment history.Loews tells me there looking for a credit history.There it is and there not letting me have there credit card. They tell me all the time they only know one way to pull credit checks and other times they tell me there is a few ways to pull it.The lies are unreal.I realy don't know whats there problen is maby RACE who knows.And its the same with Dell .I have had DELL run my credit a few times and they don't see me unsecurd revoling credit line.Are they blind.

Genius, it's the BANK that's declining you, not Lowe's. If you don't understand that, you don't need a credit card. Also, you should know that cards without a Visa, MC, etc logo are harder to get.

I HAVE PAGES UPON PAGES AND YEARS UPON YEARS OF EXCELLENT CREDIT, WITH ONLY 1 NEGATIVE. WHERE I REFUSED TO PAY A BALANCE ON A DISCOVER CARD FOR A $2500, RETAINER FEE FOR AN ATTN.

WHO TOOK MY MONEY AND RAN.I DISPUTED THIS AFTER I'D PAID DISCOVER $1,000 OF THE $2,500, BUT THEY TOOK THE ATTNS. SIDE. I CNXLD.

THE DISCOVER CARD AND NEEDLESS TO SAY THEY REPORTED ME FOR AN UNPAID BAL.I REFUSE TO PAY THIS. BUT BEING DENIED FOR CREDIT ON THIS ONE NEGATIVE WITH OVER 60 OR MORE POSITIVE, BLOWS MY MIND.

NIX ON LOWE'S CREDIT CARD

Retail credit cards occasionally get denied when a customer has no credit card history, and also when a customer has new large loans. I've seen quite a few people who were declined get declined because of a new mortgage on their credit report. Part of your credit score is determined by your total debt on the books, and a new home/new car probably has your score in the dumpster.

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - Lowe's Doesn't Accept the Lowe's Card

So the baking element in my 6 year old GE range starts arcing and looking like a fuse set by Yosemite Sam. Now I am facing spending $50 more on an oven I've already bought. This is GE's fault, not Lowe's. So I take the part in to the Charlottesville Lowe's fully not expecting to walk out with a new one, but at least hoping to get good advice. A rep at the store told me that the Lowe's parts department can help me, and handed me a card with a phone number on it. There's also a website address, so I go there first, do the research, and set off to buy the part online. Great so far. I get to the moment of truth, and when it asks for my card information, the accepted cards do not include the Lowe's card. I cancel out of the order and call the 800 number. An obviously perturbed individual answers the call, and asks for the model or part number. I give him the part number, since I trust myself to research properly. We near the end of THAT transaction, and he tells me the accepted forms of payment. Again, these do not include the Lowe's card. "You don't take the Lowe's card?" "Sorry, we're not set up for that." "Okay, then I need to call back another time." "Is there anything else I can help you with today?" Yeah, ***. You can accept the Lowe's card at the Lowe's parts distribution center. That's how you can help me. Not to be defeated, I called my local Lowe's and suggest this zany idea - I pay them with my Lowe's card, they order the part, and I come get it from the store. "We don't get parts here." Now that's thinking outside the box and doing whatever you need to do to make your customer happy. But I should've expected it. Lowe's constantly disappoints, but does arrogantly, since they're the only game in town here. Conclusion: Lowe's stinks.

Lowe's is arrogant. I'll agree with that.

Lowes in Poulsbo, Washington - Employe was not helpful and rude

I was at your Lowe's store yesterday in Silverdale WA. to purchase a new freezer and had already compared prices at several stores. I went to the desk and had to ask for assitance from two salespersons. One very upset rep finally went back to the appliance section to help me with some questions about the freezers.When he told me the price for the freezer, he asked if the price was the lowest and I said not even close, if fact it was higher by $50. I asked if Lowes would beat the price, as your slogan's suggests. He said that they were not the same values with out even asking what the other makes were or where I was getting my prices.He walked away and so did I and purchased the freezer at Home Depot for $50 less. 450 higher

*** bag bargain shopper.. stay shopping at home depot

go to home depot. and you will get good serves. I went to lowe's and I won't go back.I got the same.go to the depot.

The reality is the average simple minded minimum wage earner at most all home improvement stores couldn't tell you the first thing about comparable features. Each home improvement chain have cheaply engineered specific models made just for them so they don't have to "match prices". Plus, don't walk in the place and expect to be treated like royalty; either you want what they have to offer or not.

Loss

Lowes in Moss Point, Mississippi - I purchased wood for a large deck 6 years ago that is now rotten

We built a new house six years ago we built a large deck on to the house so far we have replaced about 6 or 7 deck boards that have rotten to the point of you could fall through them. We still need to replace at least 7 or 8 more before it is over be will be replacing the entire deck. The wood we bought was suppose to have a lifetime warrenty of about 40 years. What would you advise we do about this problem. I have a beautiful deck and would hate to see it be torn off because of fauilty materials from your store.

there is no one in the country who will guarantee wood. that is an asinine thing to even suggest.

it is biodegradable and no company would do it. trex is not even guaranteed

nikalseyn

contact Lowe's or your contractor. Your contractor is either out of business, bankrupt or has fled the county by now, so get out your warranty papers---you did keep them, I assume---and contact Lowe's.

The guy should come out and inspect the deck and he can then tell you whether it is the wood or some contributing factor that is making the deck rot. You may have a problem with water, drainage, who know what, that is making the deck rot away.

are you seriously expecting someone from lowes to come on here, and contact you about this? dumdumdumdumdumdum

:cry :cry :cry

$2000

Lowes in Brooklyn, New York - Zodiaq counter top

I am completely pissed at Lowes and Zodiaq which is the name of the counter top i purchased and the installer whoever they are. I purchased this counter top 5 or 6 yrs ago they brought it to my house in two pieces which i didn't agree with and it had to be welded together which came apart once and they came out and repaired it at no cost. But now it has come apart for the second time and i was told it's going to cost me $85 for them to repair i will not pay a dime!!
Review

Lowes in Denver, Colorado - Lowe's employees can't find their *** with both hands and a map.

Went to Lowe's #1630 in Littleton, CO around 5:00 pm on a Sunday. No one in the store (customer wise), not a busy time. I had questinos about a Rotary Sander, so I waited next to the Rotary Sander's for about 10 minutes. I made contact with no less than 5 employees, none of whom bothered to ask if I needed any assistance. SO, I took one of the display models to the vaccum section, to see if it would fit the hose of a bucket vac. There were no bucket vac, except for the display, which had no hose. I flagged an employee down, and I question whether or not she knew her own name, and she had to get someone else. This guy had no idea about which vac was where, and never heard of "hooking a sander up to a vac". (Seriously? and this person got hired to sell their merchandise?) The worst part? I applied to work for Lowe's a few motnhs ago - their exact words when they called me back: "I'm sorry, sir, but you seem a bit over-qualified to work here." Why? Because I can speak english, tie my own shoes & know the difference between prompt, courteous customer service and *** customer service? -I left my cart in the middle of the aisle, with the display sander in it, told the "tool associate" that he needed to perhaps attend a product knowledge seminar, and told the manager on the way out the door that this was the worst shopping experience I have ever had. I was prepared to drop $200.00 in this place, instead, I drove to Home Depot and spent $300.00 on things that the employees recommended to me. THD's workers gave me demo's, showed me how to hook everything up, told me which item to buy, vs. the other, and hnored the Lowe's coupon I had, just because I told them how much better their people are than at their compettitor. Lowe's carries a few more brands of tools that I prefer to use over The Home Depot, but I will order those online in the future and wait, instead of EVER going to Lowe's again.
greenturtle36

I used to work at Lowe's and I can tell you what the problem is: They don't want to pay people to work. I worked in Hardware, but was often forced to help customers in other departments that I was never trained in and knew nothing about, because there was nobody scheduled in that department.

Now, someone on the outside looking in will say "well just cross train for other departments", but, when you have no help in your own department, AND you have to stock freight because the store refuses to hire stockers... When do you have time to train? Your manager is going to let you off an hour early so you can go train in another department?

Yeah right. And, no, you can't stay an extra hour because you get written up if you have overtime.

Liability. Even though the heaetrs clearly said not to install them in bedrooms, where the oxygen could get depleted and suffocate people, idiots still did it.

So most larger suppliers have quit handling them to avoid being sued. They do work just fine if installed and used properly; heck in my state the average low income family has all ventless gas space heaetrs, the old type with the ceramic inserts in them.

My weatherization program takes those out though, once we tighten up the house since the CO level goes too high. We no longer use the new ventless heaetrs either because of the possible liability even though they are much safer than the old heaetrs we take out.

Lowes just look at How many customers you have lost just because of your employees putting in their comments and degrading those that have a negative comment about your company.

Lowes has a bad habit (not every store) of cutting staff to save money. This is usually due to poor management or low sales.

The people who are left in the store have to cover at least two and 3 departments at the same time. It is not the salespersons hiding, it is poor management. Those who are pro Lowes can argue all they want.

It is a fact. I have been there, I know.

Maybe the employee couldn't help because we don't sell "Rotary" sanders. We sell round orbital sanders and square power sanders.

Check Lowes web site. Not one "rotary" sander. And yes..we do sell attachtments to hook them up to a vacume, the bucket vac, which is a vacume you attatch to a bucket or any other shop vac we carry. Maybe you should know what your looking for before you go in.

Then maybe we can help you. By the way..wth is "hnored" Mr. over qualified ?

Good luck at The Homo Depot. And that was not a typo.

View more comments (4)