Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Unfriendly,Unconcerned Terrible Service

Feedback Dept: Lowes Complaint, 11-17-11 I have had the worst experience in customer service today ever. I am 50 years old and know what good service can look like. Before describing the incident I will start by saying that this store has had horrible service for the 2-3 years I have been dreadfully going. Visiting store # 0056 is always my last option and I normally drive out of my way to Home Depot. Here is a partial list of what service looks like when visiting Lowes:- Failure to greet patrons, unfriendly and unconcerned about customers, unavailable to help - too busy with pricing or stocking inventory, employees grouped in 2 or 3's talking, never make eye contact which would commit to greeting or helping. The rare occurrence of assistance is where the associate points to the other end of store without aisle reference and returns to stocking shelf. Excellent way to chase off customers and their friends "" congratulations.- Occurrence: Checkout lineWhile scanning the items for final checkout, the clerk asked if I would like to sign up for a Lowes membership card and save a percentage on the bill. I said absolutely not because this store sucks and that I only shop there when it's the last option. Not getting the clue of having an unsatisfied customer on his hands, he then says which I quote "Since you will not be coming back, how about signing up anyway to get the savings." the clerk asked me a total of there times to sign up. Are you kidding me? This is the mentality of your workforce. Bottom line: Lowes management is pathetic and a disgrace to the business community. It sickens me to even spend the time to write this grievance. However, this new level of lousy, insulting service had to be shared with your company, my coworkers, friends and beyond. In case you are unaware, word of mouth is the strongest and most lasting type of advertising. As a send off, your online comment page refused to register due to the receipt not listing the proper code "" I expected nothing less. Store # 0056 14873Terminal 1611-16-1111:56:49Sale # S0056BR1 759614 11-16-11Manager: Patrick Cosley

SOUNDS LIKE YOU LOOK FOR THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS THERE BACK TO YOU. JUST SO YOU CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO COPLAIN ABOUT.

I SHOP THERE AND DONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM. JUST SO HAPPENS I KNOW THAT INTHE PAST CUPLE OF YEARS HOME DEPO IS CHANGING TO BE AS FREINDLY AS LOWES.

SO IF YOU DONT LIKE LOWES THER IS ALWAYS ACE,H.D,DIXELINE.WALLMART,SEARS,A LONG LIST OF HOME IMPROVEMENT PLACES. OR ARE THER BAD COMENTS FROM YOU THERE TO?

Custom Vanity nightmare - Lowes 6 Mile Cypress Fort Myers

We purchased a custom vanity and counter top for our bathroom. We included Lowe's installation in the purchase. The contracted company came out to measure and access and said install would be easy. We then learned that Lowes would not install the unit we ordered from them. We tried to get someone else to install but they ran the other way when they learned it came from Lowes. We then asked Lowes to honor their contract and get someone out to install the vanity that had already been delivered. After talking to the GM he said he would see if we could get the install to happen. After 3 phone calls to the GM he said they could not install. So we have an empty bathroom that does not function and Lowe's is taking back a 2K unit they will not be able to use. Does this make any sense. I am having 50 women here this weekend and they will all see and empty bathroom and know that it is Lowe's fault. No more Lowes for me.

Did they give you a reason for not installing it. Lowes wouldn't and can't just back out.

At my store, we bend over backwards even on things that are not our fault to resolve for the customer. There has to be a reason.

One word: corporate.

That will help you immensely.

test

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation
Loss

Lowes in High Point, North Carolina - Lowe's Has Changed!

Lowe's doesn't care about it's employees, or former workers. I have a real Horror story to tell.They're just like any other large company, the more you do for them, the more they treat you like ***! I'll never return to a lowes store because of the way they've treated me.If I find someone that will help me,I plan file a Lawsuit.....Also,after you leave lowes, all management people treat you like you've never worked there. You're spitting into the wind if you need info. or get any help from the Lowe's corp.

LAWSUIT! I'm filing a LAWSUIT!

I'm going to file a LAWSUIT because I'm too pathetic to get a job and stick with it. I would rather sit on my butt and get a settlement that way I don't have to roll by fat butt around town and be a productive member of society...LAWSUIT...I'm going to file a LAWSUIT!!!

Don't be bitter. The only people I have seen complain about lowes are the ones that don't realize they don't fit what the company needs to succeed and they try and find ways around working instead of doing what it takes to get the job done. You "threatening a lawsuit" speaks volumes.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Ocala, Florida - Treating associates badly

Managers continue to treat associates like *** and keep their jobs. Someone I know works for Lowe's and they did not hire any additional help for the Christmas season in the garden with the addition of the tree tents this year, there is one person in the morning to work inside and out and one person to work at night inside and out. They also have to watch the seasonal inside area to cover that associates lunch, but the manager wants to know why everything is not done? What's the plan, no matter this associate has asked for help in the garden area many times and the closing manager gives him *** for taking too long to get done working. How can you run a business this way, oh, wait they are too big of a store to matter and be held accountable! LOWE'S SUCKS and I tell everyone that!

Our store has consistantly gone down in the Employee Opinion Survey with the number 1 issue being LOUSY Store Manager with a 99% poor rating. Finally corporate wanted to know why we rated it so low.

They sent in about six differnt people over a three day period to "confidentially" ask us why. The Result??? RETALIATION! Threatened jobs, forcing people that are dating to transfer to other stores.

not letting people working 4 hours take 15 minute breaks (violation of Federal law), changing schedules, cutting hours etc..AND the joke is that all of this is being enforced by the same Store manager we complained about. And he dates a vendor rep that is in the store all of the time.

If the job market returns I see a mass exit of Lowes employees. This store is equal to a circus being ran by the clowns.

Maybe some of your added comments mean you work for Lowe's and just want to make the person posting this seem bad or wrong, but I happen to know that this person is a good manager and works hard. Lowe's supports their *** store managers no matter how they treat people.

I have numerous times seen good employees at this company treated poorly while unqualified managers with poor people skills go farther. If employees or customers were important as my original point was, they would have enough employees to cover a department, it takes much more than 3 associates to cover the garden center without xmas tree tents and helping other department.

That is 3 associates total assigned to the department not per day for 101 hours a week....Customers deserve better and so do the associates! Whoever said it was the associates fault is an ***.......!

In this instance, Lowe's doesn't suck, the Zone manager making the schedule dosen't know what they are doing. Just because one person doesn't now what their doing doesn't mean that the company sucks.

I would also like to know about the person complaining.

In most instances I come accross the person complaining isn't worth keeping anyway. They just like to sit back and ***.

Congratulations you broke up dustins marriage a former zone manager and broke up another engagement of another former zone. Braden stay away from her shes bad news. ocd sucks when it comes to guys.

@osage beach lowes brandy

That's not the only marriage she broke up! Does she track down married men with the intentions of ruining their marriage?

Your friend couldn't file a complaint themselves? Are they a wuss? Quit being a nosey snitch!

View more comments (6)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Las Vegas, Nevada - *** Attittude Cashiers

LOWES @ East Charlseton Blvd, Las Vegas, NV I walked out to the garden section to pay for my stuff. As I approach the cash registered, I see this young woman(the cashier) leaning onto the counter where I set my things to checkout. She was talking to a family with a newborn. I wait for a minute or so then walk between the cashier and the lady with the kid to get to the only active checkout. Right away the cashier has an attitude, like how dare you interupt my social life just to pay for your things. As we left the cash register and walked outside the man that was picking up the woman with the baby pulled up right in front of us, OFF the designated road, and blocked our exit to the parking lot. My gut feeling is that this was racially motivated. What ever happened to stores that at least pretend to appreciate your business?

Anytime you feel like you are being disrespected or are not getting the service you deserve, all you have to do is ask for the MOD. Its the MOD's job to take care of this sort of thing.

If you leave the store without saying anything to the MOD how do you expect them to handle the situation and make anything better? If no one says anything then they assume everything is ok.

Stop reposting. We got the hint the first time you pulled the race card and cried like a big baby.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's unbelievably horrible service

We recently ordered a washer and a dryer online at Lowes.com and we got our washer the next day with stains on it, bugs inside it, opened packages, and every time we use it, we smell something burning from the washer. Also, upon delivery, they just had us sign, but we received no invoice or receipt. We called Lowes for an exchange but once we spoke to them, they told us they never sent us a washer, upon calling them several times, each time, they told us they would call us back but we never received a call back. Today when I called, the customer representative chastised me for calling in so many times talking to too many different representatives about the issue, therefore causing confusion in the store. He also chastised me for using the internet service which has no valid way of contacting actual human people according to him and therefore was unreliable. When I asked why they have the internet ordering service then, they replied it existed for people to browse and find what they wanted. When I asked if he thought I could find the order information by calling the main corporation he said no, they wouldn't know anything and I would have to speak with the department manager. Also upon my last call before today, suddenly my order history details online had disappeared and only showed that the washer had been delivered and the dryer had been ordered. I called and finally got someone from the main corporation to send the order information they found to the manager at the Lowes I ordered from but of course I have to wait and see if that will actually help or not. So far, all of the customer representatives I have spoken to have been very unfriendly, unreasonably angry, or sounded annoyed. Safe to say, I was a little displeased with their service and plan on avoiding Lowe's when buying products in the future.

When you buy someting on line there is a way to print off a receipt. Upon further review of your complaint, it sounds like you need to call the store and ask for their District managers phone number.

that will get them working for you. If they said there's now way of finding your purchase their full of it.

There is a way but it may take a little more time out of their day. There's always a way, don't take no for an answer.

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes will not honor their carpet warranty

We purchased carpet from Lowes 2 years ago and moved out of the house this summer to a new one. When we moved the furniture the carpet was lighter where furniture had been. We vacuum weekly and have had the carpet cleaned professionally twice. We called Lowes and they sent out an "independent" carpet company to look at it and they said it was due to fireplace, a smoker or candles. We don't use our gas fireplace, we have never had a smoker in our home and we don't burn candles. There was a 10 year stain warranty and they will not do anything about the $6,000.00 worth of carpet we purchased and we will have to replace our 2 year old carpet before we can sell the house. Do not buy carpet from them.

Lowe's doesnt honor the warranty. If you have a problem its with the carpet MFG.

Lowe's is a good company but why must they take a loss when the carpet MFG handles warranty problems.

Know what you are talking about before you start bashing someone. Had you been listening or reading the contract before purchasing the carpet, you would have known this.

First of all I am not a mid informed consumer. I know the carpet company carries the warranty but lowes is the place we bought it from and they have been horrible to deal with on this. If you can't add anything to the conversation then don't say anything.

Here we go again, another misinformed consumer. Get out you warranty and read it.

You will find the warranty is issued by the company that made the carpet NOT Lowes. Why are you blaming the store when they have nothing to do with the warranty?

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Barnegat Township, New Jersey - Sub par service from Hamilton, NJ Lowe's Store

After reading all the great reviews I went ahead and ordered this dish washer online. I was informed by the local delivery vendor that the dishwasher would be delivered on Tuesday only to be cancelled resulting in my morning being wasted! Despite calling the store multiple times, I am yet to know the status of the order. The hand-off between the web order and the local store in Hamilton, NJ leaves a lot to be desired. Unfortunately I will have to cancel this order and look elsewhere to take advantage of the holiday sales. In the event the dish washer does miraculously is delivered tomorrow now I am a little hesitant to have Lowes install it.

I have to agree that Lowes of Hamilton is by far the worst store I have ever set foot in . The staff is rude and tries their best to avoid helping you out with anything .

I was not given any information about the product I wanted to buy and it was a large very expensive outdoor equipment .

Moreover I was asked to haul the stuff out of the store all by myself which was physically impossible .

I now understand why Home Depot id preferred by most people .

I wasted a lot of my time in this store and would never recommend it to anyone .

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Athens, Georgia - Christmas Tree Bull ***

I am a family man and like to get a Christmas tree with the family. I am used to going and buying a tree and having the store representative help me throw the tree on the car and help me strap it down. I tip the man/woman well and we drive off. I went to lowes today and *** near busted my tail lights out because they wouldn't help me due to a store policy. What their sales management does not realize is that I had over $300.00 of additional items in my cart that were sent back because I was soooooo pissed. I will never shop at lowes again period and will continue to spread the word of how lousy this experience was. This is a customer service and sales initiative issue that needs to be resolved or they will lose a tremendous amount of business.

poly from corp is not to tie down and or put product on customers car 1 damage thatr was done on car before lowes , customer can say they did it when damage was done before some people lok to get money for damage already done all are sue happy thats why :cry

Lazy ***!

They can help you put it on the roof and HELP you tie it, but they cannot tie it themselves. You have to make the actual knots.

Shouldn't come as a huge surprise.

This is a sue-happy society. You say they'd lose a lot of business, but $300 or even the amount you'd spend at the store in a year is honestly nothing compared to a lawsuit.

MOST stores no longer assist customers in strapping or tying things to their cars for insurance purposes. That way if the item falls off your car you're responsible and not the store.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Sales Representative

Lowes Let me Down

I noticed that Lowes had great deals on both the Skil Table Saw and Skil Compound Miter Saw during their after Thanksgiving Day event. I checked with my local store and of course they were out, so I decided to check their website. I managed to locate a Miter Saw at one of their stores and purchased it; so I presumed. After printing out the confirmation and receipt of my order, I went to another store to pick it up, where the saw supposedly was in-stock. BIG LIE! After the floor associate retrieved the product from the warehouse, the supervisor on duty told me that my order had been cancelled and that if I wanted one I could drive 3 hours to another store where I could get it where there was 10 on-hand. I have written a strongly worded letter to Lowes detailing the situation, and even offered a solution: them trucking one from Bend to Portland as my card has been charged.. I am sure I will never see a reply. So beware of Lowes and its online service. They obviously intend to sale items which they don't have and make no attempt to resolve problems. Home Depot will be happy.

For your info..those were advertised "While supplies last:. We recieved 35 of each of the saws and they were gone in 2 hours....some by internet order.

If you wanted one you should have been at the store at 5 a.m. when we opened.

Product