Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Pawtucket, Rhode Island - No fridge for two weeks...

It is liberating to decide to never, ever again enter a Lowes establishment. The wife and I bought a fridge 12 days ago. We were promised two different delivery dates (one after the other was cancelled the day before). The fridge is supposed to be here tommorow and guess what....no fridge! After wasting a few hours getting the run around from the store salesman, store manager, the corporate office and a supervisor at the corporate office, we just decided that they can keep the fridge. I am clearly dissatisfied with all phases of my interactions with Lowes representatives. Lowes just made it easier to shop because I will never grace their store with my presence (or my money).

If they really called corporate, then CCIC would have had the SM fly to the factory and pick up an appliance, and deliver the appliance while wearing a tuxedo.

SO you called CCIC and the store didnt resolve your problem? Did you talk to the SM?

was the fridge in stock?

what about delivery? Did they run them selves or is it a 3rd party company?

Review

Cookeville, TN Lowes perpetrates online shopping fraud.

We are building a new home and my wife wanted all matching appliances. We went to the Cookeville, TN Lowe's but because we had to have a counter depth unit that was not available in the store the associate recommended ordering it from their lowes.com online store. On that recommendation she went to lowes.com, found a unit she liked, ordered it, paid by credit card, and set it up for delivery. When the store called to schedule delivery, I made sure I was on site. The refrigerator they tried to deliver was filthy, dented on both the side and door, and was not protected by a box or any packing material. It looked like a reject from their scratch and dent store! I rejected the unit and told them to re-order. They assured me that it would be in in two weeks. The day before it was to be delivered the store called to tell us that it was back ordered and would not be available for two months. We couldn't wait because we are trying to move in so we decided to cancel the order and buy from another company. When my wife went to the store to cancel the order she was informed that because she had ordered the unit on line the store would not issue a credit on our credit card but would only issue a store credit. A company that tries to pawn off junk on a customer and refuses to issue a credit when they can't deliver the goods will get no more of my money. They are thieves, nothing more, by demanding that we spend the cost of their defective refrigerator in their store. I am an Engineer and Business Major and I believe in the power of "word of mouth" advertising. I can guarantee that I will advertise this Lowe's fraud to every one I can reach by word of mouth, on line, and on every forum I am a member of. They have gotten the last penny of my money they will ever see!

800-445-6937 is the number for their service department. Call and be calm and firm and you will get your money back.

Lowe's really does want you to be happy especially since you just bought a house and are a potential repeat customer.

Just like any other retail store you will get some workers or managers that are awesome and some that suck. You talk to the right person and you'll have your money back and a gift card to boot!

Have you heard of street smarts and book smarts? you are def just book smart...

the store could refund to your card if you have your POP or card for them to research it. and yea lowes sells billions of dollars a year of just junk.. cusotmers return over and over again cause we sell junk..

a+ hero! If you put as much effort into your conversation with the store as you did in this post you'd be very happy!

nikalseyn

why don't you just dispute the charge with your credit card company? If Lowe's does not agree with the dispute and the credit card says you do owe it, take it to small claims court.

With any luck, Lowe's will not show up and you can get a judgement. Use this to file a lien on their property in town.

then foreclose on the lien. I like Lowe's and have had good luck with them, but I would also be rather upset if the local store pulled a stunt like this.

View more comments (2)

Lowes Sucks at Customer Service for Women

I went to Lowe's for a second gallon of $35 paint--I took the lid from the first gallon to be sure of an exact match. The young woman at the paint counter failed to greet me; the other chewed gum. They took forever, and then they left. When I asked for my paint, a third employee said it was still shaking (it was finished). He got angry and snatched away the paint when I asked why it was Tint B rather than Tint A like the orignal lid specified. My money spends anywhere. My Lowes card is now cancelled. Lowes sucks.

Tint A and tint B are the names for the 2 different tint machines they have

Do some research, Lowe's caters more to female shoppers than Home Depot, just like Home Depot caters more to Contractors than Lowe's does. Don't let one shopping experience defame an entire corporation, that's ridiculous.

You should put yourself in our shoes where we have customers talking down to us all day. And not because the "customer is always right" but because people have no respect for others.

So you had a bad shopping experience...we all do, but it's no reason to stop shopping somewhere. If you received that service every time you went to that store I could understand your point but instead of complaining on a forum to discourage other people from shopping there, you should have called Lowe's corporate (number is at Customer Service) or asked to speak to the Store Manager because I guarantee he would have fixed that problem immediately.

Review

Lowes in Binghamton, New York - These indiviuals left me hanging twice, to go and help these white people instead.

I went to Lowe's to look for a washer and dryer. One of the service men said that he would be right with me, and he went of head to help these white people. And minutes later another service man said that he would be right with me and the other guy came back and said that he did not forget about me, yet and still he brought white people back with him that he helped before he would help me. And the other guy that said he would be with me went to help these other white people instead of me. I stood there waiting for help for thirty minutes and I just could not take it any more so I left nearly in tears. I was pissed at the way I was treated as though I was not there.

Ever since i started watchn hard core pawn, i dont serve coloreds because im afraid of a chimpout.

Liar, I was not checked out because I'm white! Lowes hates white people!

I was invisible ... Lowes is racist against whites!

OMG!! Race again everything is about race, that's what wrong with America it's crazy!!

Shop at Lowes and it turns into a racial war online.I am looking for cabinets for Gods Sake and see a bunch of people who knows absolutely nothing about getting along with each other to at least make a dent in this crazy screwed up country of ours where everyone would rather hate each other and use hurtful words, You should all be ashamed of yourselves!!! Grow UP!!!

nytxn1

Im so sick of black people always complaining about how they get disrespected. They dont mind it when they are talkn trash about white people and calling them cracker or honky or whatever but god forbid u say something back to them then its racism.

Racism works both ways.

Why should the white people be quiet and afraid but the black can run their mouths. Just shut the *** up.

I'm gonna have to go along with the original poster on this one, only in the other side of the coin, as it were; It makes me ashamed to be white when I go walking through a section such as appliances (especially at Lowe's).

Invariably, one of the department staff jump through their own *** to help me, stopping cold while they are clearly in the middle of assisting a man, woman or couple of color.

It seems clear to me that the sales staff are in dire need of re-training and perhaps a corporate sponsored sociology class.

Salespeople, you are on notice: The money in the pocket of that person of color you just insulted is just as green as mine. You guys need to stop worrying about your commission based on your obviously incorrect perceptions and get your priorities straight.

Yo dawg yo retarded! I guess they shoulda brought you a 40 and allowed you to park your benz in the store while you shopped uh?

When people want to get special treatment they just pull out their "race" card… Just the way you say "White People" means that you are as racist as the person you are accusing…

As you can see from the person who asks, "how you know those White people weren't there first?" People just don't want to believe that this is a common experience that Blacks go through on a daily basis. In my similar experience at Lowes, It was more blatant and confirmed by the Customer service Employee's comment to me about being in a predominately White neighborhood, as his justification for this treatment.

In actuality, I was clearly there first and the employee put me on hold three times to help White customers that came up and just interrupted us and he would walk away and leave me hanging there, until I finally confronted him on his behavior. My point is that the public's first response is to defend this behavior and automatically doubt the complaint if it comes from a Black person.

I had the exact same experience at lowes from one of their Hispanic Customer Service Employees that kept doing the exact same thing to me and when I confronted him about this treatment, he told me that I was in a predominately White neighborhood. I wrote to the corporate office and got an email response. I have not seen that employee working there any longer, but I seriously doubt if his departure from Lowes had any connection to my letter to Lowes corporate office.

Can you explain to me how you knew those white people weren't there first?

Oh, and hahahahahaha

hahahahaha

View more comments (10)

Lowes Lack Of Pride

I a refrigerator the first one had dent in the front of the door a two inch scratch in the side down to the metal and was noisy. Sent it back another one was delivered that had two two inch scratches down to the metal in the side a chip out of one of he shelves. Went to talk to the salesman in the store that sold it to me. He said their manufactures don't care about anything they make and that most everything they sell isn't made very well and has something wrong with it and most people won't care about scratches. I don't know about you but if I'm paying a grand for something I think it at least it shouldn't be dented and scratched up. If you care you should shop somewhere else.

Well I have to say that you have 3 mistakes;

1. This is America, everything you buy in a big box store is foreign made now.

2. You had it dilevered instead of picking up yourself, I had to ride on those box trucks and *** gets damaged all the time on them.

3. Even if you shop somewhere eles, those stores most likely lack even more pride than Lowe's and has stuff from foreign countries too.

A solution; find a Mom and Pop store, a smaller chain like Ace, or a restoration place to get an American made appliance.

Lowes East Knoxville didn't service but did damage

I had bought a John Deere mower from Lowes in east Knoxville (TN). Not even a year later I had to take it in for service for a racing throttle. As I had bought the extended warranty I would have expected a smooth ride, instead they give me the run around for about an hour before I call corporate and they tell them to take it in for service. Two weeks later they finally send it out for repair (after I had called the third party repair shop and THEY told Lowes they were picking it up). I then find out that there's a bent crank shaft and a broken blade (neither of which were there before) - oh and none of it is covered by the warranty policy. All Lowes had to say was when are you coming to pick it up. I spend probably 15-20K a year at Lowes, hope Home Depot likes my money better

I'm sure the store took it out to the parking lot and ran over a stump because they enjoy creating hassles for themselves. Whether you realized it or not, you ran over something and broke your lawn tractor, which is abuse and not covered under warranty.

Loss

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Warranty repair

on sept 8th the va hospital brought a lawn tractor to the store located on peachtree industral blvd in chamblee for repair. our shop was called on the 22nd and told the the lawn tractor was ready. upon going to the store on the 23rd we were informed by the manager that the item was still waiting on corp. to authorized the work to be done. we find this totally unacceptable. the lawn tractor is essential to the hospital being able to provide our veterans with peace of mind upon coming to receive service. I'm sure some of your employees are veterans and would be upset if they knew that lowes does not share their views that the men and women who have put their lives on the line does not take to maintaining of their hospital s equipment a priority.
Loss

Lowes in Nacogdoches, Texas - Asked me to apply online and then hired without interviewing anyone.

I was asked by two working members of lowes to apply for an opening they had in the store. I took the online application and completed it and there assesment test/ questionair that took twenty minutes. I am overly qualified to say the least. I grew up on a lumber store. It would seem that the position was filled without giving interviews and to someone without any experience. I see now why Lowes has problems with customer relations because the people who you are supposed to ask questions simply dont know the answer. Tried to help my home town and lowes out but got sand kicked in my face. store number 1772

That is a blessing in disguise for you, the people in that store are miserable, the managers are abusive, that store has beenm going down hill for the past 3 years, the past 2 years has gotten much worst after they got a new HR manager, finally they fired the Store Manager, but the HR manager is still there and everyone hates her. You need to thank God that you did not get hired on there, if Home Depot was to open a store in Nacogdoches, everyone would quit in a heartbeat and go to work at Home Depot.

Did it have to do with your wonderful spelling abilities?

You weren't interviewed because you grew up on a lumber store rather than in a lumber yard. :grin

I'm sure they interviewed someone...just not you.

Your pride is hurt because you didn't get a job. If you were just trying to "help them out"' don't worry about it.

View more comments (3)

Lowes store 3026

I am writing this note to tell Lowes customer service that as of this day i have spent the last dollar that I will ever spend at Lowes today! Over the last three and a half years I have spent THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS at your store off of 1051 Crossing rd in Columbia, sc,but alas there will not be another dime of my money spent at your store EVER! I have bought everthing from appliances to flowers there and have been a very good customer--today i was treated in such a horrible manner, that i cannot bring myself to go back there. I brought my complaint about Store manager Pam to the store manager Paul--and the only thing he said was "gee thats to bad"and walked away from me. I stood there dumbfounded as to his reaction to my complaint--if this is the way you want to provide customer service-- you can keep it--I WILL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!!! THANK YOU
Tsamantha

Hey Mr. Shock we know it is you Paul seacrist Store manager the most crooked person in the area and to top it off.

I heard you got rid of the HRM to replace her with a crooked HRM Lamar Young is a brown nose loser as well. lowes said never stop improving come to find out thats one sorry joke with people like you running the stores.

:eek

really if you spent so much money at lowes why did you let one bad experience bother you. it seems as though your problem isnt with lowes, but the managment at this store. i think it is rude of you to put these people's name on the net like this. both of yall are silly.

good bye

@shocked

Paul Seacrist is no longer working for Lowes Company. He has since been fired for RedBanks Store.

vPamela jaimeson was a sarcastic lazy, jealous *** who kept up so much confusion on the front line between the cashiers. I remember working there Store Manager Paul Seacrist would go in the men's bathroom and put *** on the walls and floors so that MaryEllen Husband could clean it.

Tsamantha

to the employee what about the Human resources have you gone to them?

Tsamantha

Well I did complain made a rude and unfriendly report I was told from another team member if I complain it goes to a final and another complaint the person would be fired. I hope they take this matter seriously or more people would complain. As a employee dont you have a ethics point number you can call?

I worked there, and let me tell you about Pam. If you aren't black and if you're a customer and you have the unfortunate opportunity to meet this miserable, lazy so-called manager, you know what I'm about to tell you.

Paul isn't really a mirror image of a spectacular manager either but, he's faced with the "race card". There have been many complaints made against Pam and other black managers by both employees and customers both black, white, Asian etc, to no avail.

You were fortunate though, you were a customer and could just leave and still have a job. I'm sure Lowes corporate in Mooresville NC would LOVE to hear from you and others about the lack of care and free reign these joke managers are given.

Tsamantha

nice arent we full of sarcasm

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Hatfield, Pennsylvania - Your customer service is terable

LOWS credit misplaced a payment,and when i tried to make a purchase i was sent from one register to the other only to find out you have denied my company credit. look up my parsed payment history and tell me if you should have denied me credit? it was embarrassing. i will not buy anything in your store again. you could have notified me that there was a problem with my credit i should not have to try and buy something to find out.you have a bunch of idiots in your credit department, its probably the blind leading the blind

you are an ***, the cashiers cant magically tell if there is something wrong with your card without you having to purchase something, we do not need your service anyways, losing one customer doesn't hurt us one bit :)

jo69guy

Lowe's credit is owned by GE Money Bank, and when there is a problem, they are impossible to deal with, especially if they perceive the issue as having been your fault. Good luck!