Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Lowe's unbelievably horrible service

We recently ordered a washer and a dryer online at Lowes.com and we got our washer the next day with stains on it, bugs inside it, opened packages, and every time we use it, we smell something burning from the washer. Also, upon delivery, they just had us sign, but we received no invoice or receipt. We called Lowes for an exchange but once we spoke to them, they told us they never sent us a washer, upon calling them several times, each time, they told us they would call us back but we never received a call back. Today when I called, the customer representative chastised me for calling in so many times talking to too many different representatives about the issue, therefore causing confusion in the store. He also chastised me for using the internet service which has no valid way of contacting actual human people according to him and therefore was unreliable. When I asked why they have the internet ordering service then, they replied it existed for people to browse and find what they wanted. When I asked if he thought I could find the order information by calling the main corporation he said no, they wouldn't know anything and I would have to speak with the department manager. Also upon my last call before today, suddenly my order history details online had disappeared and only showed that the washer had been delivered and the dryer had been ordered. I called and finally got someone from the main corporation to send the order information they found to the manager at the Lowes I ordered from but of course I have to wait and see if that will actually help or not. So far, all of the customer representatives I have spoken to have been very unfriendly, unreasonably angry, or sounded annoyed. Safe to say, I was a little displeased with their service and plan on avoiding Lowe's when buying products in the future.

When you buy someting on line there is a way to print off a receipt. Upon further review of your complaint, it sounds like you need to call the store and ask for their District managers phone number.

that will get them working for you. If they said there's now way of finding your purchase their full of it.

There is a way but it may take a little more time out of their day. There's always a way, don't take no for an answer.

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes will not honor their carpet warranty

We purchased carpet from Lowes 2 years ago and moved out of the house this summer to a new one. When we moved the furniture the carpet was lighter where furniture had been. We vacuum weekly and have had the carpet cleaned professionally twice. We called Lowes and they sent out an "independent" carpet company to look at it and they said it was due to fireplace, a smoker or candles. We don't use our gas fireplace, we have never had a smoker in our home and we don't burn candles. There was a 10 year stain warranty and they will not do anything about the $6,000.00 worth of carpet we purchased and we will have to replace our 2 year old carpet before we can sell the house. Do not buy carpet from them.

Lowe's doesnt honor the warranty. If you have a problem its with the carpet MFG.

Lowe's is a good company but why must they take a loss when the carpet MFG handles warranty problems.

Know what you are talking about before you start bashing someone. Had you been listening or reading the contract before purchasing the carpet, you would have known this.

First of all I am not a mid informed consumer. I know the carpet company carries the warranty but lowes is the place we bought it from and they have been horrible to deal with on this. If you can't add anything to the conversation then don't say anything.

Here we go again, another misinformed consumer. Get out you warranty and read it.

You will find the warranty is issued by the company that made the carpet NOT Lowes. Why are you blaming the store when they have nothing to do with the warranty?

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Barnegat Township, New Jersey - Sub par service from Hamilton, NJ Lowe's Store

After reading all the great reviews I went ahead and ordered this dish washer online. I was informed by the local delivery vendor that the dishwasher would be delivered on Tuesday only to be cancelled resulting in my morning being wasted! Despite calling the store multiple times, I am yet to know the status of the order. The hand-off between the web order and the local store in Hamilton, NJ leaves a lot to be desired. Unfortunately I will have to cancel this order and look elsewhere to take advantage of the holiday sales. In the event the dish washer does miraculously is delivered tomorrow now I am a little hesitant to have Lowes install it.

I have to agree that Lowes of Hamilton is by far the worst store I have ever set foot in . The staff is rude and tries their best to avoid helping you out with anything .

I was not given any information about the product I wanted to buy and it was a large very expensive outdoor equipment .

Moreover I was asked to haul the stuff out of the store all by myself which was physically impossible .

I now understand why Home Depot id preferred by most people .

I wasted a lot of my time in this store and would never recommend it to anyone .

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Athens, Georgia - Christmas Tree Bull ***

I am a family man and like to get a Christmas tree with the family. I am used to going and buying a tree and having the store representative help me throw the tree on the car and help me strap it down. I tip the man/woman well and we drive off. I went to lowes today and *** near busted my tail lights out because they wouldn't help me due to a store policy. What their sales management does not realize is that I had over $300.00 of additional items in my cart that were sent back because I was soooooo pissed. I will never shop at lowes again period and will continue to spread the word of how lousy this experience was. This is a customer service and sales initiative issue that needs to be resolved or they will lose a tremendous amount of business.

poly from corp is not to tie down and or put product on customers car 1 damage thatr was done on car before lowes , customer can say they did it when damage was done before some people lok to get money for damage already done all are sue happy thats why :cry

Lazy ***!

They can help you put it on the roof and HELP you tie it, but they cannot tie it themselves. You have to make the actual knots.

Shouldn't come as a huge surprise.

This is a sue-happy society. You say they'd lose a lot of business, but $300 or even the amount you'd spend at the store in a year is honestly nothing compared to a lawsuit.

MOST stores no longer assist customers in strapping or tying things to their cars for insurance purposes. That way if the item falls off your car you're responsible and not the store.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Sales Representative

Lowes Let me Down

I noticed that Lowes had great deals on both the Skil Table Saw and Skil Compound Miter Saw during their after Thanksgiving Day event. I checked with my local store and of course they were out, so I decided to check their website. I managed to locate a Miter Saw at one of their stores and purchased it; so I presumed. After printing out the confirmation and receipt of my order, I went to another store to pick it up, where the saw supposedly was in-stock. BIG LIE! After the floor associate retrieved the product from the warehouse, the supervisor on duty told me that my order had been cancelled and that if I wanted one I could drive 3 hours to another store where I could get it where there was 10 on-hand. I have written a strongly worded letter to Lowes detailing the situation, and even offered a solution: them trucking one from Bend to Portland as my card has been charged.. I am sure I will never see a reply. So beware of Lowes and its online service. They obviously intend to sale items which they don't have and make no attempt to resolve problems. Home Depot will be happy.

For your info..those were advertised "While supplies last:. We recieved 35 of each of the saws and they were gone in 2 hours....some by internet order.

If you wanted one you should have been at the store at 5 a.m. when we opened.

Product
Lowes Table

Lowes store not delivering appliance from one store to another.

Went in to buy a hot water tank, the computer show they have one in stock,,but they couldn't find it, in the Marietta Ohio store. They checked Parkersburg WV, and showed they had 3,,I ask if it could be brought to the Marietta store, They said no..I am caring for my husband, and can't leave him that long to drive down to Parkersburg. For around 400.00 I was willing to spend on this,,They should have at least found a way to deliver it to Marietta. I will not buy another range, washer etc,,,from Lowes because of their lack of service..(and no,,I wasn't willing to pay the shipping from another store.)

Have you seen the cost of freight charges lately, your $400.00 tank would have cost at least 100.00 to ship. I'm sure if you owned a business you would lose money on every sale you made too. Good Luck lady

#382066

Most stores do not transfer from store location to store location.

Review

Lowes in Jackson, Tennessee - Figidaire is Junk !!!!!

We bought a new Frigidaire refrigerator side by side. Attractive design. We used it seven months and the computer failed rendering it inoperable. We lost the contents as well. Lowe's provided an even swap but wouldn't refund our money because it was over 90 days. The ice maker has failed on our new one because of the filter stopping up. I've ordered a new bypass for it. It is not a year old yet. I should not have to order parts for anything that is less than a year old. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE THEY ARE JUNK!!!

Filters are designed to "stop up". They are normal maintenance items that the consumer is responsible for replacing.

Apparently you ordered a bypass to eliminate the filter rather than replacing the filter. You're just asking for more problems down the road and will probably blame Frigidaire when that happens.

Lowes in Lexington, South Carolina - Limited availability

very good prices advertised for Maglight flashlights,the flier suggested online ordering but after checking ten stores i discovered that there was "limited availability on all models and therefore not able to order online! The local Lowes store showed only one in stock,but I was in this same store last week and there was a large display at that time.Seems like every time they have a sale most of the items are suddenly in short supply the day before the sale starts. This has happened several times before. Coincidentally, Lowes does not offer rain checks. I am a local contracter and spend a sum of money there in a years time,but I will try to find other suppliers when I can in this small town, Athens,Ohio.
arcjay
#382071

Same for me. Lowes had the sale running through the weekend.

I went online and managed to purchase a Skil Miter Saw. When I took the receipt to the store,expecting to pick up my order, I was told that my order was cancelled and they had no more. She then said I received an e-mail stating a cancellation. After I said I had no mail, she shrugged her shoulders and told me to drive 3 hrs to get one from another store.

Great Customer Service. Thanks Lowes for charging my cc card and not giving me the product.

Those "very good prices" were for Lowe's Black Friday Sale. Like any other store at this time of year, Black Friday deals clear out real quick.

Lowe's doesn't offer a rain check on BF deals because the discounts are so deep, and because each store only gets a limited number of product for that sale.

Any other regular item in the store can be rainchecked, but not Black Friday stuff. Its the same at Home Depot, Kohl's, Walmart and Target.

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Upset about lack of concern for children

On Sunday as I was walking into the Lowes store at Higley and Southern in Mesa , AZ. I noticed a car with two infants in it. The children were unattended and there were no adults in the area. I told a cashier about the children as soon as I walked into the store and told told her supervisor, Jason who shrugged his shoulders and would not do anything to protect the children. As I went back to check on the situation the dcar was gone. I called to talk to the manager the nexted day and after about 7 minutes I ended up speaking to an Assistant Mgr., Bob who told me they could get sued if they paged the parent and they got upset. My comment to him was that Jason could have gone out to the car to supervise until the parent came back. Bob's response was," what should we do if there are 20 cars with children who are unattended in the lot?" I told him he was being foolish with that type of comment. They should have shown more concern for the children since we live in a city with one of the highest kidnapping rates.

This guy.....

In responce to your comments. I don't have any cats.

I do have a Service Dog and two adopted parrots.

The car was in my view at all times.

I am not judging you for your attitudes so don't judge me for my actions. I did try to do something about it.

Hold on a sec u saw these infants in this vehicle with no supervision and the first thing u did was find a cashier then a supervisor. It seems to me that if u really wanted to be the responsible person in this situation u would have called the police out in the parking lot.instead u put the responsibility/blame on other persons( were u intimidated/ Afraid that the parents would find out who called the police?) The people who are in the warehouse do not come to work to babysit irresponsible idiots children.

TwinmtnNH

Children and Pets die all the time in cars sitting in the heat. Call 911.

cohena2

How many cats do you have at home? Get a hobby.

Better yet why didn't you do anything like call 911?

You just walked away and left the infants there? What does that say about you as a person?

OK. So you saw two infants alone in a car. Then you left them alone again.

You have way to much time on your hands and should find a hobby.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Veterian Discount

Don't know that I would say 'pissed' but certainly disappointed. I am a Vietnam Vet and went into Lowes yesterday in Virginia Beach, Holland road, to register for the Veteran 10 percent discount advertised online. I was making a small purchase but was going to return for three shop tools totaling close to 900 dollars. At first the casher said to go to the services desk, which I did. The lady said that was for Veteran's day only. I asked for the supervisor, who said even though it is advertised as 'any time' it is up to the store and they choose not to extend it to 'any time', only on Veteran's day. Home Depot is now my choice for the tools as they give the discount "˜any time'. I realize that I am only one customer, but when I go to the next Veteran's meeting I will be sure to tell this story. Makes me feel like it is 1970 when I returned from Vietnam. Update 5 May 2011: Home Depot has reconfirmed that they still offer their military and veteran's discounts. Lowe's continues to give a 10 percent discount to all veterans who have a DD214 on Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veteran's Day." Read more: http://paycheck-chronicles.military.com/2010/07/14/lowes-official-answer-on-military-discounts/#ixzz1eLtuyu5o The Paycheck Chronicles Anthony Criscione 757 467 0954 anthony.s.criscioine@cox.net

Thank you for your service to our country. I'm sorry to hear that happened.

The Lowes in the Houston Tx area give the 10% discount every day. I am a veteran from the 70's And I use that discount a lot.

I ask how long they were going to give the discount, was told as long as Home Depot was doing it,They would match it. They do require you to show a VA ID of some sort.

cohena2

Thank you for your service to our country. I'm sorry to hear that happened.