Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes and Home Depot - Bait and Switch

So we recently went to both Lowes and Home Depot to buy a 5ft sliding glass patio door. What I'm so pissed off about happened at both stores. You go in and all of their display patio doors are 5ft models. They clearly have a price tag of about $429 with the words In Stock. When we tried to actually order it, they told us they never stock 5ft doors, only 6ft doors and we'd have to order it. Ok, we'll have to wait two weeks which is not terrible. Then they say O, and because we have to order it, its now a 'special order' and the price is now close to $800 !!! How is this not false advertising !! This cannot be legal ! They bring you in the store with one price and then say they never stock them at that price and the actual price is almost double ! We found a 5ft door at a building supply company and paid the $429 like it was supposed to be. I will NEVER EVER go to these box stores again.

Lowes in Bayside, New York - Hot water tank install

I purchased a40 tall hot water tank, when the subcontractor came to install the hot water tank they brought a short and proceeded to tell my wife a tall would not fit, when my wife explained that we ordered a tall and that is what we had they still explained it would not fit, not saying they did not even have the tall on the truck. Bait and switch, I would not recommend LOWES nor trust the subcontractors. We paid extra for a local plumber and they stated they cloud install the tall with no additional work, and stated our ceiling is 8'6".

When I bought a 40 gallon hot water tank I paid $341 for the installation. Then when the installer came to the house he informed me I needed to pay an additional $369 in order to bring the tank up to "code" bringing the total up to $710.

I called the installation office at the Lowe's and told them that these surprise costs where wrong. I was told by the install office that the Diamond Co. charges $2500 to install a hot water tank so our prices were fair. I also had a toilet install the same day and the toilet tank wobbles back and forth.

When I pointed this out to the installer he told me to "be careful" and put a piece of styrofoam behind the tank. When I complained to install office about this I was told that the reason it wobbled was because the tank wasn't resting against the wall ?? From this time on I will not trust Lowe's installation and will never do business with any installer sent by Lowe's.

I really feel that I should have gone on Service Magic and gotten bids for the installation. The worst part of my working with Lowe's is feeling as if I have been taken advantage of and the regret that I trusted their company.

Lowes -Bad Rug Purchase

We purchased a berber rug March 2011 that was advertised for HIGH TRAFFIC AREA. The area which it was installed is NOT a high traffic, a media room which is hardly used. It is fraying at the seems,has pulls and looks worn.We contacted Lowes and got the run around,they sent an inspector who alluded that we could hire him for a favorable review on our behalf. The manufacturer states they rug is fine based on this inspectors report. Lowe's will not stand behind the product. The store manager, Laurie Creek has not been helpful or apologetic. The warranty is not on the rug but on the installation which is not disclosed at time of purchase. We have a six months old rug that looks 10yrs old. I never expected this from Lowe's

Share a bit more, please. The inspector would have worked for a contracting service via the manufacturer.

He sounds like a theif - report him and he'll get fired. As to the seams and pulls, what is the scenario with that room? If there are pets (claws), moving of very heavy furniture or electric wheelchairs involved, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Your installer (Lowe's) warrants the installation, the carpet manufacturer warrants the product. That being said, unless there are other issues that aren't revealed here, then keep pushing.

Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes in New Orleans, Louisiana - Poor customer service

i was in lowes on jefferson hwy today, looking for assistance. the only employees i could find were all at the back door, laughing it up, laid back, and looked at me as if i were intruding into their living room. i thought maybe they were on break, but they all had their vests on, and were on the salesroom floor. i just wanted help in the hardware department. this was a horrible display of poor customer service. ill shop somewhere else. i finally found an employee to help me, way up front, but this employeee was hammered by other customers seeking assistance. meanwhile, a half a dozen employees were somewhere else. the attitude i got from them was nothing less than intimidating.

That the new LEF......Lowes Experience of the future.........The employees are treated like garbage so you lovely customers can expect the same........Go shop on the internet instead...........................

First thing is first to both Lowe's associates, The call button should never really have to be pushed. customer service is first, you don't wait to be asked for help, you offer help.

Remember, the reason you come to work and get paid is because the customer is there.

I am a Lowe's associate and Customer focus is the number one thing everyday. No customer should walk by and not be greeted, and every associate should be willing to help, even if it is not their department.

How about next time, approach the associates and ask for assistance? I'm an employee and occasionally yes, we employees may group and BS and what not, but this gives you an out to give them some *** for slacking. Instead of being so offensive, try being a fricken human being and make your presence known then...

We have help a help button at the hardware desk. Try pushing it next time instead of walking around looking for help.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Lafayette, Louisiana - We purchased

We purchased a refrigerator last month. The noises it makes wakes us up every night. Went there two weeks ago to complain but we were told they all make these noises. Went back today and they us it was over 30 days and we would have to have it repaired. Had we been told this 2 weeks ago we would have a replacement. After spending over 2000.00 cash I am appauled. I will never buy another appliance from Lowes and I will spread the word. They leave the customer uninformed until it is too late. I am no dummy but they need to be up front with their customers. I will rent a truck and put in on their doorstep..

Hey, "Common Sense", I worked for Lowes and they try every trick in the book (and then some) to NOT replace faulty appliances. Lowes IS NOT up front with its customers in any way.

All Lowes cares about is sales. Multi-billion dollar a year company that does not pay its employees jack. If you work for them, your a fool (or a loser that can't get another job). BTW, I quit working for them for better $$ and more integrity...

Myragosnell, spead the word and buy elsewhere. BTW, if you raise enough H*** with the store Manager, he will replace your unit!

The return policy for Lowes is available at lowes.come, in the store sales booklets, on a HUGE board near the registers, and also on your receipt. They were very up-front with you about this.

If you bought a new appliance, the manufacturer likely warranties it for 90-180 days, try them and quit your crying.

View more comments (1)
Service
Lowes Replacement

Lowes in Kirkland, Washington - 12 months same as cash

I purchased a saw from lowes on the 12 months same as cash plan. When I received my first statement I noticed that it said that it was deferred interest with pay. When I went in to pay my bill I ask the clerk what that meant. She said that is 12 months same as cash. I had made a partial payment and then every month I made a payment. I realized they were charging me interest I went into the store to tell them about it and she said that it was the bank and they had nothing to do with it. She gave me the number and said you can call them here. She never offered to use their phone. I told her that I would never do business with them again.

12 months sqame as cash, my bill was due on the 17th . My bill did not arive at my mail box each month until the 15th.

I was charged late payment of 20.00 each month.. tryed calling .. WHAT A JOKE..

LOWES has truely went down hill in the past four years . atleast in morgantown WV

Are you an ***?

That is all.

Are you an ***?

That is all.

I didn't read the fine print, or any print, but it doesn't matter YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS AT FAULT. I really get sick of listening to these people, and I can't say any thing. Boy it makes me mad.

They offered a 12 months no interest plan. If you pay off the product in 12 months there would be no interest charged.

Your statement shows the deferred interest (what you will be charged if you haven't paid in full by the ned of 12 months).

Due to changes in Federal laws you are required to make a monthly payment toward your purchase. In the past this wasn't required and too many people came to the end of the 12 months and couldn't pay the purchase off and complained about all the interest they had to pay.

View more comments (4)

Lowes Scams

What a scam Lowes is running, they now sell these discounted Pellet Stoves, about 3/4 of what a local stove shop sells them for. Not worth even looking, they don't have a clue where to get the pipe to make the stoves work, they basically sell you an ornament for your living room to set the mail on! Try the store mgr, try the district mgr, they are clueless about these stoves to. They could care less, they got the sale already and they can only tell you to special order the pipes. You get to guess what you need and then pay for the special order and shipping!

I PURCHASED A MAYTAG DISHWASHER ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO AT LOWES IN APPLETON, WI. I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE DETERGETN DISPENSER RIFHT FROM THE BEGINNING.

TO ADD TO THE PROBLEM, MY FINGERS GOT STUCK IN THE OPENING HANDLE MANY TIMES. IT IS NOT FUN TO HAVE YOUR FINGERTIPS STUCK IN THE HANDLE AS YOU ARE WALKING AWAY. NOW MY DISHWASHER DOES NOT TURN ON ON ALL CHOICES. MY FAVORITE DOES NOT LIGHT UP.

THAT WAS YESTERDAY. TODAY, A COUPLE OF CHOICES LIGHT UP BUT, WHEN CHOSEN, DON'T WORK. I CALLED LOWES TO SEE IF THERE IS SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THE PANEL, IF IT IS JUST A PROBLEM WITH THE COMPUTERIZED PANEL AND HE DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL. HE SUGGESTED THAT I CALL SOME 800 NUMBER TO FIND SOMEONE WHO COULD TALK TO ME ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.

I SAID I MIGHT END UP TALKING TO SOMEONE IN NEW JERSEY AND HE SAID THAT IS POSSIBLE. I SAID IT WASN'T HIS FAULT, BUT WOULDN'T BE BETTER TO HAVE A LIST OF LOCAL PERSONS WHO CAN ADDRESS A PROBLEM WITH THEIR APPLIANCES WHEN A PROBLEM OCCURS. "HE DIDN'T KNOW." I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE TO BUY A NEW DISHWASHER OR HAVE IT FIXED AND HE COULDN'T HELP ME.

MY HUSBAND WALKED IN AND SAID HE SMELLED SMOKE AND IT WAS NEAR THE DISHWASHER. :cry :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes cuts back on discounts to veterans

My husband and I have been loyal Lowes customers for years. Approximately one year ago, we were pleased to learn of Lowes veterans discount. J** served our country in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, and Haiti. While in those countries, he was blown up on three occasions, losing some of his comrades and suffering injuries of his own. Today, we visited our local, Texas store in Atascocita (7355 FM 1960 Rd. East 77346), and discovered that Lowes has now changed its veterans discount policy. We are only allowed discounts four times per year? I wonder how the people of the United States would react if our soldiers only chose to protect this country four days per year. I assume that the policy has changed in the face of too many men and women returning from war torn countries and trying to take advantage of a 10% discount. What if the military and Department of State elected to only offer the rest of us, as U.S. citizens, 10% protection in the face of terrorism? I'm more disappointed in your decision than I can put into words. A small discount seems little to offer in the face of what these men and women have sacrificed for the rest of us.

Hi, I am Chris from FootballAffiliates.com. With football seaosn here we are looking for website owners who want to significantly increase what their site is earning.

We offer a 50% commission (which is $23-25 per sale). Our product converts like crazy and really sells itself. Millions of people want to watch football online and our product fills their need. Most of our affiliates just place one of our banners on their site and they make anywhere from $25-$500 per day.

Even if your website is not about football we've had people simply write one article and place a text link to our product and they earn hundreds per month. If you like more information please check out our high level description at FootballAffiliates.com or you can view our affiliate platform. If you have any questions I welcome them, please send me an email and we can discuss anything you would like to know.

Thanks for your time. Chris

I applaude our soldiers; be they active or retired or any other honerable status in between.

If Lowes decides to take away the discount does this make them a horrible company? NO it does not!

So what is being said is that once a discount is given it can't be stopped? What sort of entitlement mongering is that? Do you not shop at other places that do not give a discount and never have? I think not!

Are they horrible companies because they don't give a discount? Once again the answer is NO.

I am truly sorry for the veterans that were injured in battle or otherwise.

But you cannot tell me that you didn't know the dangers of joining a military. Did you honestly think that you would sit around the barracks playing soldier while getting paid to do so, and never have to go to war?

Where did you get the Idea that the military is entitled to be shot at, Roadside Bombed, blown up, Killed, And tortured to protect your retarded *** A&&? They are entitled.

Lets fly you over and drop you off in the sand box and then after 2 years bring you home and not give you anything for it. Dont *** with the Vets you punk.

And to the Vets and actives Thank you. I love my freedom!

To ????, you are an ignorant ***

enjoy your military discount. lowes just cut all commissions and spiffs from their sales specialists. this should cover the military discount fully without an additional nickel from the corporation.

I always am thankful lowes and another gives this 10% discount. No limits.

Almost no restrictions. Every day of the year they are open.

This is a private company trying to say thank you.

Thank you lowes for the support of our military.

You need a valid military or veterans id. A dd-14 could belong to anyone and could be printed online.

It also takes up way too much time at a register to have to look for what kind of discharge you got and then to have to check another form of id. This policy was put into place so people weren't scamming and printing fake discharge papers to get a discount. Wouldn't you feel less honored of we didn't care to check?

And ps.. Most places will take the dd-14 even though it is against policy because we do support the troops.

Lowes gives a discount for veterans every day as long as there is a valid military photo ID. you can use a dependency card, VA card or active card.

on patriotic holidays we offer the 10% to those with or without the ID.

so a dd214 will work only on those days. hope this helped.

Where did you get the idea that the military is entitled to ANY discount? I don't think it is a part of the benefits package.

Should teachers, police and fire employees get a discount as well? How about the clergy, students, doctors, nurses?

Where do you stop? Be thankful for any discount that is offered.

View more comments (8)

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Shut my credit card off for nothing

i went to lowes for a few things, bought more then i planned, tried to use my 200.00 lowes credit card i had for years, just to find out it was no good. wow it was embaresing. i always paid my bills with lowes, there excuse was i didnt use it enough, credit cards are for hard times, as well as if you dont carry enough money,etc...they could of told me instead of embaressing me. this pissed me off, so now i use home depot and the little hardwares in town, sorry jimmy johnson, i must dump you as my driver now, i dont approve of lowes tactics......

That would be GE money bank that you should be going after. And they probably did send a letter abd you discarded it. Not to mention having open credit cards that you don't use for years wears on your credit so they canceled it not just for them but for you.

whiners are whiners no matter who is at fault. Yes call the credit card company and find out.

BUt don't rag on the cashier, she is just trying to make a living too. She doesn't have any authority at all, she just repeats policy.

You ar placing the blame in the wrong place. You may have a credit card that says Lowes on it but it is actually issued by another company that deals in credit. Your complaint should be directed at them, not Lowes.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Rochester, New York - Horrible customer service

Heard some Lowes stores are closing. No shock to me. Worse customer service in the country. Even the regional managers don't get back to you when you have a problem. The floor I purchased looked like my 11 yr. old installed it. They were highly insulted that we wanted it corrected. Guess they think once it's sold, it's sold. Well quess what? People tell other people and your stores are closing. HURRAH!!!!!!! I hope the sincere employees find another job soon. They'll be much happier at a reputable establishment that they can feel proud about working at. GOOD RIDDENS LOWES!!!!

it is due to LCD problem. Since i have the wtnarray period i consulted HTC AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTRE - CELL INFOTECH, Egmore, Chennai and HTC SERVICE CENTRE - Basvangudi Branch, Banglore, but i got ill responses.

MR Uday Kumar, 9884090092, Cell InfoTek Chennai, ill-treated us,i came all the way from banglore to chennai to get it serviced but there is no proper response and especially the guy guided us badly.My whole 26,000 rs is wasted now.

Whos gonna answer this. This is the way you treat your customers.I have no complains over the phone, it is the smartest phone ever but service centres are too bad, please educate those service providers to behave properly with the customers.Please take necessary steps to bring back my phone and take immediate actions on those service centres.

They sell junk. Get a real job where you know what you are talking about.

Nothing but failed contractors who are dillusional about what they know. Just another yuppy lumber supermarket gone and now you know how the real lumber yards feel. They sell warranties that are worthless, why not just go rent your stuff or go buy used because they have already out lasted you bs energy efficient *** and these owners are laughing at you for believing it with these bs electronics especially in washers.

Would you get in your tub with a laptop I can guarantee it wont last long. LOWES AND THE OTHER SUPERMARKETS DONT CARE ABOUT YOU!!

Yeah I just lost my job at the Lowe's that was number one in customer service in the region, so saying you're glad stores are closing jus goes to show how idiotic your comment is. If your complaint made it to regional staff it is because you are ridiculous in what you are expecting from us, and also being so rude and obnoxious that they have to keep passing it up. Get a clue about what you are saying before you bash people who are losing jobs because we are losing them because of cheap people like you.

Its customers like u that we can't stand always want something for free, if u read your contract the installer should of gone back out to fix anything u did not like, there's no way the store manager said it is what it is, and didn't offer any help or have the installer go back out, u must have wanted it done for free that's way they said SEE YA!!!!

Next time make sure u read why stores r closing its due to customers like u who want something for nothing !!!!

never had a problem at lowes.always good service.

Sorry about the bad experience. Maybe it was just that particular store.

Always had good dealings with Lowes. Home Depot cust serv was distracted (texting on cell phone) when I wanted to buy a washer and dryer and I complained to the store mgr.

His reply: "hey, we do our best. Have a great day."

View more comments (5)