store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Lowes Damaged goods Binghamton, NY

Well, I'm glad to see that this is a Lowes nationwide norm! I have bought three appliances from Lowes. A Maytag freestanding range, and two years later matching Samsung front loading washer / dryer with bases. The range had a banged-in side and the washer had a large dent on the front just below the power buttons. Lowes knocked 10% off the stove and gave me one of the bases free of charge. My son has received a damaged clothes dryer (the third one delivered was the least damaged), a $1400 refrigerator with a big dent in back and scratch down one side, and yesterday a kitchen stove with the right side banged in. I know several people who have received damaged appliances from the same store. The delivery people ALWAYS say it is the night crew who unload the tractor trailers causing the damage. Does anyone have good stories about Lowes appliances??????

Most damaged appliances are delivered to the store "damaged" Why they deliver damaged goods is beyond me. DO NOT Haggle with the delivery driver, Call the store directly and ask for an ASM or the store manager, stand firm and dont back down, they do have 'loaner' appliances while you wait for your new undamaged appliance to be dilivered.

10% discount is a slap in the face, dont settle for less get what you paid for. LOWES does offer good customer service you just have to squeeze it out of them.

Larry b

Kasumi - No idea what unbowed means. If you mean unboxed or uncrated, mine were not until the truck was in the driveway.

My son's dryers and fridge were not.

The kitchen stove damage was found before it left Lowes store and they said it was the only one available locally and would take several weeks before they could get a replacement. They offered no discount to my son.

Actually, the appliances are probably damaged when they are loaded on delivery trucks, most of the appliances are unbowed right before loading, so any damage would usually be noticed.

View more comments (2)

Lowes stop commission pay

robert.a.niblock@lowes.com email address everyone should send email to him to to show him that we are not going to take this shi_ anymore . As a CEO he needs to step down or take a big pay cut himself. Paying no more commission is the down fall of Lowe's we the people is what makes Lowe's not the *** poor management there at Lowes.Who will give you all great service anymore and why should they care no extra money in there paycheck.Lowes is putting a hurt on the lives and they just don't care.

WHEN WILL LOWES BIG WIGS TAKE THE HIT . DONT SEE THAT HAPPEN ANY TIME SOON DONT FOR GET WHEN LOWES WINS WE ALL WIN BULL :(

My NAME says it all! Stocks plummeting !

All competitor's are doing well.

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT!! HR just follows along!

Hey scooter,

It is going to be much more fun to see how many customers the new "WE" team can send packing. I find it amusing that the "WE" culture means I still get paged to the cabinet desk.

Step up associates! If I am busy you are going to hear "WE" from me and you best step up or your *** will be in the hr office for training paper work.

"WE" come on scooter lets get the team spirit woke up get your butt to the cabinet desk and sit for 3 hours with some jack wad who brings their measurements in on a krispy creme wrapper. Then tell me to quit whinning!

After reading or trying to read the hate mail posted here by Lowe's "Employees" I have to wonder how much self-respect these complainers have.

You post comments that are so poorly written that I wonder how many are going to sympathize with you after witnessing your lack of communication skills - regardless of the informal nature of a blog/dicussion thread.

Yeah I hate the loss of income and in another time and place I would certainly be looking hard for another job. But if you whiners, liars and complainers want to leave, please go now and good luck finding another job now with attitudes and the communication skills you have displayed on this site.

In response to "I'm Working" maybe you should get your facts straight, the vendors did not pull the spiffs and commissions and Lowes was only giving 1/3 of that to their employees anyway. Lowes is just being greedy and eventually it will come back to *** them in the ***.

Lowes also fully expects to lose 30% of its workforce as a reasult of these changes. I feel sorry for the 70% that will remain there underpaid and underappreciated.

The question for the people who still work for the company is whats next?

I was asked by a customer if I earned commission - i explained to him that I did not anymore. He took this up with management and wanted to let them know that he felt it was a bad policy change.

The big bad store manager had a "Closed Door" meeting with me and "YELLED" at me for telling the customer about our cuts in commission. He intimidated me and upset me very much - and insulted me too. I am going to look into a law suit for sexual harassment and intimidation. What kind of company employ's store managers that do not want to tell the truch to customers?

I know the reason why - they are afraid that most people who work in sales or in a bonus or comission structure will not want to purchase from a company that will not pay their employees properly by giving them sales incentives. I QUIT!

There will not be another $20,000.00 sale from me this week or any week in the future for Lowes to reap all the profit or that *** manager to reap in his annual bonus. What a joke Lowes is!

Lowes is the slimiest company i have ever worked for. our HR Lowebot is on lunch blowing out store manager.

I always knew that corporate greed has run amuck and the little man is gettn screwed. thank god our LP Manager is an ***. Im looting my store daily to make up the 30% im losing. *** this place.

write off your losses to you insurance cause i dont care. Ill make my own economy. thanks for the tools and the dyson. consider it *** tax.

oh and the dolly i used to take it out too works nice.

Thefts from employees and their crews will take the stock down and make lowes go bye-bye. fight the evil: Fill your Pockets like these slimebags do.

I work for Lowes and the fact that they took spiffs away is very disheartening. Some of my coworkers depended on the extra money on their paycheck, because Lowes really doesn't pay that well.

In the week since they cut commission, customers have expressed surprise and a general consensus that it was not fair to take spiffs away. All I hear when I say lowes is restructuring is, " that's never a good thing..." and it's not.

You need to get the facts, vendors pulled their money, and mommy have your son grow up and man up and not let mommy talk for him. 12 years ago there were hardly ant spiffs or commission.

Times are changing. Sear only pays by commission no base pay, at least your getting a base pay and the portion that Lowe's was paying for spiffs.

View more comments (11)

I can't get any help for a broken washer... | Lowes review from Dayton, Ohio

I bought a washer & dryer from them 1 1/2 years ago...been trying ever since to get someone to help me....have talked to so many people from everywhere...they have offices...No one will help me...oh yes I have had so many promises but they don't happen. This was bought by my mother who is 84 and I am her daughter trying to get this fixed....why won't anyone help us. I would advise if you are looking for anything....don't go to lowes....OMG I just can't believe this and how we have been treated. thanks for listening thanks for listening

You have a one year warranty on the appliance. Did the appliance need repair within the one year warranty?

Did you purchase the extended warranty? If the answer is 'no' to my questions, exactly what do you want Lowe's to do about it? Call the manufacturer and complain to them they are the ones who produce the appliance.

Lowe's just sells it! If the answer is 'yes' to the above questions you have a legitimate issue and call the store manager or the call center.

when my car with 70,000 miles breaks down, ill take it back to my salesman that sold it to me years ago....im sure I will get far!

Lowes just sold it to you, call an appliance service provider and suck it up.

Im sure you declined the extended service plan also didnt you?

I have found that the best way to get Lowes to do anything is to log onto their website and and write your complaint to the corporate office.This always gets the problem solved for me. Good Luck

Too bad, don't expect any help from lowes now. They have cut the pay of all appliance associates so they don't care anymore.

Rick

Call China and wait till you buy everything online

Read your warranty carefuly, Call the manufacturer to get it fixed, I work for LOWES lets just say that the squeaky wheel gets greased very quickly. Sorry for the lack of service, wouldnt happen at my store.

Same thing happened to me. There is NO WAY they will help you in the slightest.

I am stuck with a broken washer and a pile of dirty clothes.

Lowas sucks!!! Don't buy anything there!!!

You bought an appliance from a company with no service center. I hope the $10-$20 savings was with it, now your mom has to spend her golden years in dirty cloths!

I thought Lowes sold appliances. You would normally call the manufacturer for repair.

I bought a washer at Lowes and an extended warranty from the manufacturer. I've had one problem and called the repair number listed on the warranty and it was promptly repaired.

The warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase. What is the problem you need help with ??

View more comments (9)

Bait and Switch at Lowes

I purchased "Therma Tru" patio doors from Lowes. They were a special order and came within the promised time frame. HOWEVER....the doors were not Therma Tru...they were actually TruLogistic (a company created by Lowes and Therma Tru to sell cheap doors at a price point that would attract customers. Instead of the wood adjustable threshold it was cheap plastic that would not even hold the throw bolt. The hinges and strike plates were not recessed neatly, a five year-old could do better!! The window trim was crooked and multiple other issues occurred. I called when the doors were delivered and they refused to return them and said they would refer the issue to the warranty department. Two months later I had to threaten legal action for them to take them back and refund my money. Safe yourself a lot of time and stress and shop elsewhere!!!
#1203699

Sounds like a crock of BS to me, Bel Air, Maryland!!! Lowes always takes returns, even if they're special order items. Any decent person knows it doesn't take threatening legal action to get results from Lowes.

Based on the information you have given joemd,it certainly sounds like you went in to Lowes with an intended item for purchase.You probably sat down and went over many different door options,but already knew what you wanted in a door.Also what you wanted to pay for it.After reviewing all your options and now knowing that only certain manufacturers offer certain configurations,and also putting price way down on the list,you decide to go with the lower brand Benchmark by Thermatru.Now that is just like going into the Lexus dealership and buying the Toyota Corolla and complaing that it does not perform as well,and is not made as well as the Lexus LS 460.Even a five year old has his standards,but please do not blame anyone but yourself for not doing your homework.In this day and age there is too much information out there to be ignorant!

#1203702
@The All Knowing

Well said!

I ordered windows, and they ordered new construction instead of replacement - by accident. So, they improvised and floated a window in expanding foam with NO FRAME!

They ripped my window frame out. Now Pat Reilly is giving me a different song and dance every time I talk to him. Heywood Peyton was the one tat placed the order. But Pat's major priority seems to be to protect Heywood, defending every mistake he made.

Thanks Alpharetta GA Lowes. Thanks for taking $6,000 and leaving me with the wrong model, wrong size and wrong installation.

And your installer, Right Angle, they should have known something was wrong and not improvised. Next time, I will call a NARI member!!!!

You wanted to buy a therma tru door but you are cheap so you bought another brand that was cheaper and got exactly what you paid for.

the components sent to replace the poor quality components were in worse condition than the existing components. The service technician showed me the paperwork that showed they were actually TruLogistic doors and not Therma-Tru doors as sold by the salesperson at the store.

@joemd

You really did not do your homework. TLI (True Logistic) is Therma-Tru!

TLI is the prehang department for Therma-Tru doors. ALL UNDER SAME ROOF!

Still have not received my refund for the doors. The person that came out to "fix" the doors even said they were *** and showed even more problems with them!

Benchmark by Therma-Tru is a product line of Therma-Tru Corp. Benchmark by Therma-Tru is sold exclusively at Lowe’s, and offers both patio door systems and entry door systems.

During an inspection performed by our contracted service company, we did confirm several issues in the purchased products that did not meet our quality standards. We did attempt to resolve the issues with your door systems, but were unable to do so to your satisfaction. As a result, we issued full credit on the product in January. If you need further assistance, please contact us at 866-584-3668.

Regards,

Amanda Nine

Sr. Customer Care Agent

Kinda like working a job one isn't suited for because one made *** decision after *** decision in life. Oh well, there's always cigarettes and tattoos or maybe a new peircing. I deal with people like you every day.

View more comments (10)
Product
Lowes Warranty

LOWE'S FIRED ME | Lowes review from Fair Oaks, California

Lowes is the worst employer ever. I worked there for 8 years, and i finally got sick and tired of their *** management team not doing anything. They discriminated against me, and would sit in the back offices with the cute, young, skinny girls and ignore everyone else. So I finally called corporate on them. Surprise, 2 weeks later I got fired for "using profanity". Funny, because when i was terminated, i was never given an reason. I had to figure it out on my own. The managers sit around all day and do nothing. They sexually harrass customers, and still dont get fired. Lowes is a horrible place! Do not shop here!!!!!

Keep your write ups. Im looting the store as A**H*** Tax.

We might as well follow my example and loot the store.

This ship is going down and i couldnt be happier. Maybe Home Depot will make Blow's an offer.

Eva.... you wrote that the managers would "sit in the back offices with the cute, young, skinny girls and ignore everyone else".

So in other words you are a fat, angry (judging from your post), bad employee? Does that about sum it up?

Check out www.glassdoor.com

:eek :upset :sigh :cry :( :x

Actually to get unemployment I have to tell the truth. The managers ever sexually harass customers or employees.

I just made that up because I was upset about getting fired. I swore at a customer and that is why I was fired and this was not my first time swearing at a customer or coworker.

cool story

Sucks to be you.

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes will become the next Netflix!

Feb. 2013. I heard they took away employee incentives (spifs) from someone who works at Lowes. Home Depot did that and look at what became of them--horrible service. I don't go there unless I have to. Circuit City took away incentives and they were out of business after 4 years. Don't kid yourself, Lowes may reduce the prices somewhat, but corporate will pocket the money and take kickbacks on annual sales. Lowes doesn't pay their employees much, so there is a high turnover. You can't make a living on $12.00 an hour. Watch their sales go down and employee morale hit bottom. From what I understand, it already is. Watch service go into the dumper. Why should the employee care when the company doesn't care about the employee. I've already experienced poor service at Lowes and so many of their employees don't know anything about plumbing, electrical or gardening. I have to go to Ace Hardware and to plant nurseries. Corporations don't understand that when you pay your employees well you get good people. They stay and work hard. Companies have got to give employees incentives. People don't work for the "company" they work to support themselves and their families. I give them six months to one year to loose business. They are going to become another HOME DEPOT. Pretty *** Lowes and greedy!

You should try talking to a specialist in the department your shopping in, your average sales associate isn't going to know everything in every department, if that was the case they wouldn't be just normal sales associates. Try finding a specialist in the department.

I've worked for Lowe's for 6, almost 7, years, and I completely disagree with your statement. I work in Long Beach, California and my co-workers are OK with the change.

Our customer service scores havae doubled since the spiffs were taken away, and no one is looking for a new job. Different strokes for different folks, so don't put every store into one pot and turn up the heat!

LOWE'S ROCKS!!! :)

Lowe's does not care period. They are all about the share price at the end of the day.

The HR office posts the price everyday. The employees are just a tool. If you can live with your parents earning twelve dollars an hour great! But if you want a family and you want a college education you can pay for without handouts and loans, don't work for Lowe's.

They do all they can to get you to leave after you have been there a while, so they can hire someone with less experience and certainly for less. I went to work for Lowe's because they were different and seemed to care. Boy was I wrong! Customers beware the service is going to suffer this year.

Corporate America's new mantra "Be thankful you have a job". Remember high unemployment works in their favor not yours.

Not sure what happened to the 2 billion profit that Lowes made last year. Did someone buy another plane or maybe take the board of directors on a shopping spree?

I guess the CEO decided he needed another fancy ride. Did you know that over five years he will make 29.5 million dollars? How does the pay scale work at Lowes? This is a great way to lose hundreds of employees who have served the company for many years.

Awesome job Lowes! Hope your stock tanks!

It is not just the appliance specialists that make considerable income on spiffs. I work with a great cabinet specialist who may not now be able to make her house payment.

Also, a flooring specialist with a new baby that is now looking for a new job. Millwork, electrical, plumbing and OPE made spiffs from special orders and installs which require lots of work. It is greed by higher-ups and I am actually hoping sales drop to teach them a lesson. Each year they take away something...Christmas bonus...etc.

Don't work for Lowes. The slogan they keep telling us is "I am Lowes." Not!

People work for money. Not because we LOVE our employers..wake up!

out of 120 employees only 13 made over $250. in 1 year in spiffs.Only the Appliance Specialist are complaining, if you don't like it go to work for Sears selling appliances...oh that's right they only work on commission.... HH Greg doesn't pay, depot NEVER had spiffs...

3 things.

1.) Lowe's pays decent wages for it being a huge company and having large stores. $12/hr. is good pay actually if you MANAGE your money right. For someone who is single or a couple who are married with no kids or if both work and have at least one kid only, you can make it work.

2.) A career is a matter of opinion and perspective. You can make a career at working for a place like this without being in management. It's a similar deal with the definition of success, that's a matter of perspective and everyone has a different view of what that is for themselves.

I do think Lowe's is greedy and that they're screwing their employee's but this is America and unfortunately if you want a job/career (whatever you want to call it) then it's best you shut up and go to work if you expect to pay your bills and not drain the taxpayer to take care of you and your kids if you have any.

Home Depot never had a sales commission program for it's specialist or any other associate.

Rick

Most big box stores have done the same paying nothing, and most are part-time and living on government subsidies. It is sad but I have seen this first hand.

They pocket their profits while the taxpayers left are subsidizing their employee's.

The motto is someone else wants your job, so if you don't like it quit. Most don't have benefits and when they do opt for the healthcare, they can't afford to pay their co-pay.

I,ve been a sales specialist (flooring) for 4 yrs with LOWES. This corporate move is not surprising, something had to give.

The attitude of the management staff is deplorable. They actually taunt us about the loss of our income.

All of the commisioned sales people understand why this happened and we are trying to make this bad situation tolerable. I am leaving this company, I have been Interviewing with another company and will have an answer from them this friday, they told me its between me and one other person, I hope and pray that I will be giving my 2 week notice this friday.

View more comments (16)

Lowes

I've been remodeling my home now for about 1 1/2 years. So as one would figure I have purchased several items over the course of time. At one time I thought highly of Lowe's and felt they put there customers first. My past few experiences with Lowe's is about as frustrating as one can get. It's got to be somewhat of a joke with my friends and family, so I decided to share my story with you. I like to start this experiences with buying three grills (register type) on line. I went to your online store because what I wanted were non-stock items. They were grills (also known as registers) that accept a filter. I needed three of them, two of which I had shipped directly to your store and one I had to have shipped to my home. There was no choice to have it delivered directly to the store as the other two, doesn't make sense to me but I guess that's your call. My packaged arrived in two days at my home. I was soon called by Lowe's (by some automated system) that my order had arrived there. I went to my local Lowes stores, went to the service counter, told her my name and order number. She called I believe your receiving dept. They couldn't find the order, soon I left without my grill (register). I was called again by the "automated system," the next day or two. I went to Lowe's and behold they found my order this time. The person in the receiving must of been the same person as the previous time I was there, they told me the first time they were looking for a grill (the type used on patio's). Ummm. My second experience gets better yet. I again ordered online, $1,000 worth of unfinished cabinets. My ordering experience went fine. I even received a confirmation just like my other order I had make a few weeks earlier. The cabinets were in stock and I received confirmation rather quickly that the order was ready for pickup. I didn't have time due to my schedule to pick them up the next day so it was about three days before I could get into Lowe's. During that time my wife said our credit card was charged twice for the charges. She called Lowe's and discussed the error. Lowe's said the first and second charge was some sort of a hold and our credit card wouldn't be charged until we picked up our order. I went into Lowe's to pick up my order. Went up to the service desk gave them my name and order number. The associate called to the rear of the store to retrieve my order. As my luck has it with Lowe's, the order hadn't been pulled. They said I could come back the next day or wait. I decided to wait. I went back to the place where the unfinished cabinets were. I waited, I waited, I thought maybe they have them stocked somewhere else. I went back up front. The associated again called back to someone. Whoops he forgot. I went back to the cabinet area (where they are stocked). I seen that an associate was coming with a paper in his hand. Remind yourself this is a $1,000 order, so it's more than a cabinet or two. He leaves and comes back with one cart. I ask if he needed a couple more, he said he couldn't find any. So off I went, I ended up going outside to find two more. When I got back he had only two cabinets on the cart, both of which had damaged fronts. After a little discussion pertaining to customer service and satisfaction I think he understood my discontent in his choice of cabinets, when there were others to choose from with no apparent damage. After sometime we finally got all the cabinets on three carts. The associate asked another associate to assist us in getting all three carts to the front of the store. Two of the carts were reasonably full the third overly full. Guess what two carts they (the associates) grabbed. Here I am getting a little more upset trying to negotiate my way through the store. We finally make our way to the front by the cashier, they both said here you go and walked away. Now what? I thought to myself. So one by one I get them up the cashier. I showed my receipt and told her about the possible double charge, she said you ordered these twice online, my response was no I didn't. I ask her then why didn't I get duplicate confirmations online? I also told her that we also called the Lowe's customer service and they told us there were no charges on our card just holds. The cashier straightened things out and I did end up getting a credit for one of the charges. Now it's time to leave and the cashier asked if I needed help. I told her yes and that I couldn't get all these carts out at one time and I also told her that I didn't feel like waiting a long time for an associate to help me. At times waiting on one of your associates can be extremely long. I did get some help without a lengthy wait though. We loaded the cabinets up and I was on my way home. When I unloaded the cabinets at home I noticed three of them were missing shelves. I went back to Lowe's the following day to explain my issue. The associate at the desk told me to go back and get the shelves I needed out of the cabinets in stock. I looked at her in disbelief, I told her that was uncalled for and what about the next person that purchases those. I ask if she had a customer service number for Continental Cabinets she didn't so she sent me back to the cabinet department. They did we called and I talked to a Continental representative, problem solved and I received my shelves two days later by UPS. My third resent experience is a little different than the first two. We were looking for a new countertop for our cabinets. I noticed that Lowe's had some on sale which were a little cheaper in cost than the one my spouse picked out at our local Menard's. I went to see what they looked like. The cabinet associate explained which colors and styles were on sale. He specifically said the ones with the felt dot on them are the ones on sale. I looked at the ones with the felt dot attached and found a few similar to the one my spouse picked out. Not being sure I went back home and told my wife about it. We went a couple days later, she liked one of the colors, so we decided we would order from Lowe's. It was five till 9 PM, and know one was around, we waited a little bit then left. We went back a few days later, the counter-tops were still on sale. We found an associate, a different one from my first visit at the countertop area. My wife showed her the one we wanted, she said that one wasn't on sale. I explained to her what the first associate had told me. She responded by saying well it's not, and that the first associate didn't know what they were saying. She removed the felt dot on the one we had agreed upon and said you'll have to pick out another color. I was ready to walk out of the store and go back to Menard's. My wife insisted we pick one of the colors on sale. I said okay but still I was frustrated, my wife decided on one of the other colors. We purchased one of the countertop's that was on sale July 29, 2011. We were told we would be contacted by your outside contractor and it would most likely be installed within two weeks. Our countertop is schedule to be installed tomorrow August 25, closer to a month but who's counting. I know three poor experiences shouldn't deter a person from shopping at a store, but I am honestly fed up with your associates!! Lowe's needs to start a program educating there employee's on what customer service is all about. When I sent this to Lowe's all I heard was that I hope we can serve you better next time.
Service
Lowes Remodeling

Lowes Will Not Correct Bad Tile Installation

Lowes Will Not Correct Bad Tile Installation
I purchased kitchen and dining room floor tile from Lowes and contracted with them for the installation. The tile was laid the wrong way and the tile was laid unevenly. I told them I wanted it taken out and reinstalled correctly. They refused to tear out the tile but said they would take out the uneven tiles and replace them. As they tore out the bad tiles they chipped the adjoining tiles. As they tore out the tile they have damaged the backer board, it is broken down to the sub-floor. It has been over two months and the job is still not done. There are more bad tiles that should still be torn out. I have no time of completion. I will never use Lowes for anything else again.
Krystyn

I was recently told that Lowe's hires "sub" contractors to do all of their installed jobs. They care so little for their customers they will renew an installers contract even if 10% of that installers jobs had complaints about how the job was done.

.......they shouldn't renew a contractor if there was ONE complaint !!

Or better yet, hire a team of their own installers and train them well.!

Lowe's is a wretched corporation that all I hope is in receivership in the very near future !

Same problem I have right now. $9,000+ in tile installed very poorly with high and low spots.

They blamed the floor, which is in a 10 year old house on a slab with other rooms tiled perfectly. Then they charged for tile leveling.

They still made huge dips and gaps, uneven grout lines, tiles I'd stub my toe on because they're so high. This is a pretty amateurish, yet pricey, junky tile job.

Lowes screwed up my $10,000 tile job. Lippage all over the place.

Uneven grout lines. Baseboard at wall has 1/4 to 1/2" gaps. Looks incredibly horrible. They stink.

DO NOT USE LOWES or you'll regret it.

It also took over 4 months to get this *** tile job installed. And they charged me MORE for being "picky." If I was a billionaire, I'd buy Lowes out and fire them all then burn the stores to the ground.

Krystyn
@Trent

I'm floored (no pun intended) but I cannot believe they would charge yiu THAT much for a tile job ! Well I guess I can considering they quoted me 30k for kitchen cabinets and countertops ( no appliances.

I've done an entire home remodel for just under 30k. Custom tile showers., tile floors in all the wet areas, new laminate floors, , new carpet in thr bedrooms, entire gutted bathrooms , kitchen. Windows , and a new deep well, pump and tank. Tell Lowe's to come get their poorly installed junk tile out of your home and refund your money , if they don't file in court on them (after giving them a 30 day notice to remediate the situation in a certified letter then if they wont, file in small claims court.

You can sue up to 5k. With the 5k you can purchase new tile from home depot or your local diy store and hire a local contractor to break up your Lowe's tile job and install new one. Get references and check them before you choose your own installer. You shouldn't ever pay more than 2.00 to 3.50 a sq ft to have tile installed ( depending on where you live) .

Good luck....I hate your having to do this extra work, but it just goes to prove Lowe's does not care about their customers after they take your money !

Oh last thought ....NEVER pay for the entire job until it is completed satisfactorily.

Give them a 50% down payment and the balance when the job is finished to your satisfaction.

@Krystyn

As a licensed NC contractor, who only builds one or two extremely custom homes annually, I can tell you that wanting to pay 2-3.50 per square foot will inevitably lead you to this website. A good tile installer will usually almost exclusively lay tile, he will give a square foot price after analysing the job(showers and tubs with surrounds are more) and quality work is usually quoted in the 8-10 dollar range to the consumer, including all materials.

To a builder that regularly uses the sub, it will be slightly cheaper, and if as a builder you have a job getting financially tight, sometimes do you a solid and drop to around 6 dollars per square foot. A good tile layer will spend too much time on each and every tile to try to compete with subs for less, but in the cuts, layout, and smooth joints, you can see a huge difference...when you are investing 10-12 dollars a square foot, do it once, and dont ever try to save a few hundred dollars on a extremely permanent floor. If I needed a tile guy and didn't know anyone, I wouldn't hire anyone who told me how great he was.

Also, never use a rubber shower pan anymore. A person knowledgeable in their field knows of all the paintable/fiberglass products that are far superior for custom showers.

#552016

I also really hate Lowe's. I just bought a home so I wanted to sign up for their credit card because I knew there was a lot I wanted to do.

The process took and hour and forty five minutes because the cashier didn't know what he was doing. He kept asking the manager for help and instead of taking over the process, she kept reading her magazine and yelling answers to his questions. He entered all my information wrong and I have had to call customer care almost everyday. Later they charged for 19 gallons of paint when I bought ONE but didn't charge me for 19 boxes of tile I bought.

When I tried to have it corrected--something that would have refunded two hundred dollars-- the manager told me he didn't believe me and he couldn't do anything for me.

I hate Lowe's have had nothing but problems. :(

@Lindsay

Your transaction is on camera. Every transaction is.

When I bought cabinets and was to have them installed and delivered they charged me for a double order then claimed I took the second set home. It went all the way to corporate with me getting a demand letter from a lawyer.

They claimed to have a u r veil Lance of me loading cabinetd.

a corporate rep came down and theonly ttapes of me showed me writing checks and walking out with a newly purchased tape measure and a fan.

they had to give me 800.00 for the bogus phantom cabinets. Watch your bills guys.Some loads msmake lots of padding mistakes

Sorry you have these problems.I am an installer for Lowes,knowing their products you probably got defective material.Everything they sell is junk. Most likely any material they order will be a different shade.

Tell them to rip it all out and start over if they wont contact corporate and complain that usally gets people moving. GOOD LUCK

Keep calling and calling. They have to correct the install and make it right.

I wish you were in my area, i would have taken care of you and this would have never happened. I am a flooring specialist and I am ashamed that this has happened. I take care of my customers from beginning to the end and beyond. I want happy customers and returning customers!!!

Dont stop untill they take care of you and your happy!!! dont sign any completions untill it is to your liking.

Thanks for the helpful ideas. I will do as you say.

The local lowes manager as much as called me a liar. I will go over his head.

View more comments (14)
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes Complaint

I am a sales specialist - I am actually a Kitchen & Bath Designer - a profession that I am very proud to be a part of... I would like to coordinate a BLUE FLU day for ALL SALES SPECIALISTS NATIONWIDE AT LOWES! Lets see then how well they can adapt without their knowledgeable sales staff. I know at least on that day the ASM's & the Department Managers, the Admin Mgr, the Store Mgr & HR will finally have to get up off their back-ends and work for a change - no more idle chit-chat in the training room or in offices with doors closed or half-closed sitting around looking at the internet or talking on the phone to friends and family - YOU WILL HAVE TO WORK MY FELLOW EMPLOYEES ON BLUE FLU DAY. WHO OF YOU CAN QUOTE AN ORDER FOR COUNTERTOPS OR CABINETS? CAN YOU DRAW IN 20/20? CAN YOU WORK UP AN ESTIMATE FOR A FLOORING INSTALL? CAN YOU FIGURE A KITCHEN INSTALL? OOPS ACTUALLY THAT WON"T BE NECESSARY AS YOU SUBCONTRACTORS WILL BE LOOKING FOR WORK ELSEWHERE SINCE THEY WILL NOT HAVE KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE TO SELL INSTALLS! POOR YOU BETTER START LOOKING FOR A JOB LIKE THE REST OF US - YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED LOWES IS GOING DOWN THE TUBES.

I too have been screwed but folks if you ditch sales remember they follow them. Dont make your numbers and you will be a target. Hang in there.

Wow, you must have lost a million dollars a year. you went from making commissions+ hourly as OPE, Appliances, Flooring, and millwork to no commissions. Here have a Kleenex and then get back to work.

I believe the installers are going to see some bad changes cominh their way soon. looks like a career change

I think calling out will only make us a target. I am protesting by not selling certain brands.

I refuse to promote Stainmaster carpet, Pella windows and doors, John Deere mowers, Samsung appliances. When these companies feel the pinch, maybe they can reason with Lowe's.

Please feel free to add to the "blacklist" as needed. Tell your fellow Sales Specialist.

View more comments (3)

Lowes Complaint

I was hired in after October 2011 as a sales specialist. By "profession" I am a kitchen & bath designer. I was offered an hourly pay with spiffs & commission. The hourly pay is "below" industry standards in my region. But with spiffs & commissions I determined it would all pan out. Now that they took spiffs & commissions I am below the industry standard in pay scale. Not to mention I was hired after 10/2011 so I do not get any additional pay on a weekly basis. You would have thought they would have given some compensation... I feel that they hired me under false pretense. Corporate knew they were going to roll out this compensation change before they ever approved my hire. I would like to investigate this further to see if a law suit is possible. Do you think that I am even going to schedule appointments, take my car to do an in-home measure, make 3 - 4 different renderings of possible layouts for a customer when I am not going to get even a standard wage. WOW I came to work at Lowes because I respected them. I was fooled. For all of you out there that are ASM's or under the opinion that sales specialists are not worth the extra pay - think again I worked for Lowes in the past in this same position & know for a fact that NONE of you can do my job. So get ready to learn the job because you will have to do it when me & my fellow designers all leave your precious company. It will be such a good feeling to get a good job & quit this one. I am so sad, angry, and most of all worried about meeting my monthly bills in the mean time. This is surely going to be the beginning of the end for Lowes.

Wow what a brat. First of all you left out that Lowe's is paying you an allowance for taking away your spiffs.

That you get forever. So why don't you just quite and go some where else.

Oh wait who else is hiring cabinet designers with the housing market the way it is right now. So why don't you be grateful that you have a job instead of complaining that there treating you so bad.

@Anonymous

You're an ***. Go back to the store and put some bone suckin' sauce on your store manager.

I started in spring of 2011 with inside Lawn and Garden. I had gotten use to spiffs and yes, I was mad when I lost them but I wasn't mad enough to go on an online web portal and whine about everything.

You all can sit here and *** and moan about everything you want. There are too many factors to blame Lowe's as a company. Every single store has their own management staff. All with their own beliefs on how to run a store. All of them are useful in their own styles.

Another thing is that cooperate doesn't know that some small store in BFE hired someone for specialist. Nor does store staff know 8 months in advance that spiffs will be taken away. So you can't blame anyone there. It was just the luck of the draw.

I do believe they need to incorporate spiffs back into the sales because yes, it is a driving force for sales people. Especially if you're not a specialist and don't have monthly goals.

All in all, losing spiffs isn't going to make or break you. If a cart pusher or a seasonal part-time hire can make it, a specialist surely can. Just because your eyes are bigger than your wallet, don't blame the company.

Lowes: Less Opportunity With Enhanced Sacrifices, i.e., Walmart with lumber.

Great point Boris. For more about Lowes "glass ceiling"

Go to WWW.GLASSDOOR.COM

:eek :upset :sigh :cry :( :x

No more Lowes for me!!! I quit...

I am happy to be in the 30% of the people they wanted to see leave the mis-managed company.

I was asked by a Kitchen & Bath customer if I earned commission - I told him not any more they took it away from all employees. This was brought up by the customer to the Management Team - I was singled out by Management was ""YELLED" at & told that I could not tell customers about this change...Hmmm why not??? Isn't it the truth? What is there to hide - why lie to a customer?

Oh, that's right because they may find it offensive that a "SALES SPECIALIST" does not get COMMISSION & decide to purchase where employees are properly paid and given incentives! Way to go Lowes... you will be just a bunch of boarded up buildings with empty parking lots - you'll see! Do you think that a Male Store Manager should yell and imtimidate a female employee behind closed doors?

Is that grounds for a law suit? Well I am looking into it! For all you ASM's and Store Managers - try to get a real job in management...

be prepared though, if you do get one the company that hires you will soon figure out that you were never really trained to be a manager - you were just a little person in a *** red vest that cannot be washed, running around everyday reading off the daily sales numbers and the previous days sales totals - believe me there is more to management than reading a bunch of numbers! You overpaid fools.

@Kitchen & Bath Designer - NOT

your a retard if you really think that and thank god we do not have someone like you working for our company anymore

Do us a favor when you find a place that can offer us what lowes still offers please post it here! I want to get in line. This must include.

1. Health, Vision and dental insurance.

2. Stock options.

3. 401k

4. 3 paid weeks vacation

5. 4 paid floating holidays.

6. Flexible schedules.

7. SSEI

8. Employee discounts.

9. Paid NKBA classes and cert.

I could go on all day. My brother drives a truck. He gets paid... End of story. Nothing else. Nephew works at mcdonalds Gets paid thats it. Another nephew works at a grocery store He gets paid they offer insurance but he has to pay all. I started off understanding why people are upset but I just dont get it. So in the words of someone else here the door is at the front dont let it hit you where the good lord split you. I for one am thankful for a good base pay and the 50% of what I didnt make this year. Good luck to you.

@20-20 fun

Rock on, 20-20 fun! Lol

@20-20 fun

1. Health, Vision and dental insurance. - Their coverage sucks and it is expensive. For retail, it OK.

2. Stock options.- You want to buy stock in a sinking ship?

3. 401k- It's just OK

4. 3 paid weeks vacation- Fairly decent

5. 4 paid floating holidays.- That's cause Lowe's is closed only 2 days out of the whole year. 6. Flexible schedules.-- Hahahahaha! Shut up and get back to work! 7. SSEI- The ever changing goal you will rarely meet. 8. Employee discounts.- What a joke. Someone off the street can do better. 9. Paid NKBA classes and cert.- Hahaha! You will never have time to take these. I've come to the opinion that many retail workers don't know what a good employer is.They are used to being treated like ***

View more comments (41)