store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Store attendant pissed me off | Lowes review from Austin, Texas

I went to the lowes store at IH35 so & Stassney located in Austin,Tx. I was carrying my 6.5 lb. dog in my arms,as it was very warm outside. When I went to leave, I was confronted by a fat eldery hispanic lady, and told that my dog was not allowed in the store!! She showed me a paper sign that someone made on a computer. I told her that it was not a company notice and that I would not honor it because I knew Lowes was a animal friendly store. She told me that I would not be allowed in the store in the future, I told her to just give me a refund and I would take my business down the road to Home Depot !!!She began to mumble some sort of *** and I said for her to f___k herself and left.. At what point did Lowes change their policy on pets ?? I did go to 2 other stores and there was no kind of notice posted

I would love to take my German Shepherds to the store but they aren't service dogs so I know they aren't allowed and therefore I don't put people in the position of having to tell me to take my dog out of the store and you shouldn't have either

You knew it was hot when you left with the dog and sorry but dogs don't belong in stores not all of us appreciate having to deal with animals, good or bad they smell bad when hot. :roll

WOW, why was it necessary to say FAT ELDERLY HISPANIC and for her to go F_ _ _ herslef, sounds like there was really no good way to approach you because you just don't like rules. Sorry but most people would understand, its their business and they have the right to inforce the rules like it or not. :p

They Kicked You Out Cuz Your A F**ckin ***.

What! No doggy valet!

Unless it's a Petco, or, your blind, the dog statys outside. With an attitude and language like yours, the other stores probably didn't want to approch you!

Way to resolve the situation in a reasonable manner.

Fat hispanic? You are a rude little person.

Dogs are not allowed in stores unless they are a service animal. Do you take your dog to the corner cafe for lunch?

Didnt think so. So leave the yappy mutt at home and stop moaning about it.

Patrick

why do people feel the need to bring an animal to the store? what if they chew up something or pee/*** on something?

I'm sure you're the type of *** to argue that you shouldn't have to pay for damage that your pet caused if it happened. you'd tell your dog to pay them in doggy treats. the only animals that should be allowed in a store are service animals. get a life and stop harassing employees just because you can't bring your little dog in the store.

and it's a 6lb dog? what is it, one of those little dogs that fits in your pink purse?

I work for LOWES, official store policy is we allow service animals only, however, its up to store management as to if they are going to honor this policy,At my store we welcome dogs of all shapes and sizes, service or non service. Most people enjoy the animals and we have had minimal confrontations.

Lowes has had a long standing policy that ONLY trained assistance dogs are allowed in the store at any time. No store has any signs that say they welcome dogs.

You are wrong. And you should not be in public if you wish to act like this.

"I went to the lowes store at IH35 so & Stassney located in Austin,Tx. I was carrying my 6.5 lb.

dog"

I can stop here and assume you think you are special. Everyone knows you cannot do this. And if you happen to have a dog with you, and it's hot outside, you simply do not go in the store. You drop the dog off at home and go later.

You should not have a dog. You think the rules do not apply to you. Guess what?

They do. :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (9)
Review
Lowes in Williamsville NY provided an inferior product (Masonite) rather than the Reliabilt door purchased. The difference being the warranty. Reliabilt comes with a full and inclusive warranty and Masonite comes with a minimal warranty and excludes glass coverage,...

We special ordered Reliabilt interior doors, we were told they were solid wood, NOT! Particle board and laminated.

Now the laminate is bubbling and delaminating. Would not recommend this product!

View more comments
Product
Lowes Warranty

Horrible valspar paint | Lowes review from Atlanta, Georgia

My husband and I purchased Valspar low odor one coat paint to paint our small den. The smell is horrible! It also does NOT cover in one coat. The den was antique white, and we went to a desert color which is at least two shades darker than the previous paint color. It took two full coats to cover these walls. We will never purchase this paint again! Lowes needs to check these complaints out! We did talk with the manager at Lowes in the Greer store, and she said they had had no complaints. I will now inform her of this website!

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our products. I would like to assist both you with the problems you are experiencing. Please contact me directly at tdunne@valspar.com or by phone at 978-463-2412. I look forward to working with you.

Thom Dunne

Consumer & Customer Relations Manager

Valspar

Service
Lowes Manager

Valspar Paint problems | Lowes review from Boise, Idaho

Valaspar is the worst paint in the world. The primer is now leaking through the paint. How this is possible after the primer took over a week to dry is beyond me!! Takes forever to dry, and as the light blue paint dries, it looks like freckles. Their are tiny little blue specks that have appeared. I used the paint within minutes of buying it, and having Lowes mix it in their mixer. It looks as though the color pigment does not mix well in the paint. I could not believe how many complaints are in the internet about Valspar paint. Learn and live. I have not asked Lowes about it, but what do you want to bet, they will tell me, "Oh no, never heard one bad thing about it." Blow me!!! I have never written anything bad on this site, however, this really has me pissed.

I am having problems with Valspar exterior semi gloss white paint yellow blotches everywhere will not wash off, horrible paint

We bought their ceiling paint. The stuff was so thin that took 6 coats to get any coverage. Never again will I pay $30 per can (took 3 cans to do 900 sq ft) for such *** paint!

@Anonymous

I also have used this for a client & it is too runny. I told the client to buy Behr, May have to do three coats. I will stick with Behr paint from now on.

Sounds like latex paint with oil based pigment. Wrong mixture dude.

I have now broke down in tears over the smell that is so bad I can't even go in my beautiful Art studio. This can't be happing to me.

So please read my story and let me tell you what happened.

We built this studio with every thing new, New dry wall new floor just everything. And we painted it with Valspar signature paint. I have been painting interior and exterior for more the 40 years. So I do know what I am doing.

I should have just used Benjamin Moore paint. It has been over a year with this horrible smell!!!. So I hired two painters to but Zisser low Odor oil primer it did not work. then repainted with no VOC.

Still smell it right though. So I really needed to do a process of alimentation. I had my vinyl floor picked up and put down commercial tiles no it is not the floor. Then today we had pulled the wall air conditioner and heating unit cleaned and used bleach and coil cleaner.

It was not the air conditioner. Now it was time to put all my art chair my easel my frames everything I cleaned the studio of all dust this room is really cleaned. The bleach smell was getting to me but I did not care I just want to paint my art work so bad. The building is in my backyard with three Church windows from the 18 hundreds with window boxes flowers are now full and beautiful with a 5 ft Angel outside between the windows.

Painted the outside my self yellow. And everything an artist could ever want. But you know the sadist this I guess of all is I am disabled and I see my dream and I can't go in there. Today I cried so hard and gave it my all.

I hurt myself from lifting and all the things my Doctor dose not want me to do. I don't know what to do can someone help me?

but for sure it is Valspar that caused all this sadness.

Thank you for reading my story.

Emili
@Pepper

Up Date: On Valspar rotten paint. In my Art Studio.

Well all the sheet rock is down with the insulation and a new floor. I can't believe this is happing to me. Please don't waste your time with all the primers it will not work. I tried everything!!

I will Pray it never happens to anyone else.

Thank everyone!

Pepper

Eternity
@Pepper

So you're sure it was the paint? I just built a casita and have headaches, burning eyes, my hands shake when I'm in there. Any advise would be so sincerely appreciated before I rip it all out.

I have bought the signature paint when it was on sale with a rebate 2 times, and sent in the rebate receipts, and BOTH times I have received a letter stating that my submission was invalid.... Nonsense ....

I sent in the forms provided by valspar and receipts, everything as it specifies.....

letter stating it is invalid..... Will NEVER buy this paint brand again.

Paint is made in batches of THOUSANDS of gallons. You can not possibly have one bad can, and if all of the thousands of gallons were bad, there would be a recall.

This is user error, plain and simple.

There's a reason PROFESSIONAL painters exist. The average person doesn't know what they are doing.

@Come on

We have been painting for literally decades, from latex to acrylic to polyurathane to every other kind of paint one can use on surfaces. This type of problem often has NOTHING to do with whether the paint is put on by a professional or a newbie!

I know for a fact that, especially when a paint is mixed to match a color, there can be errors!

When a worker chooses the wrong kind of pigment additives, it can ruin a can of paint. Stop being so hateful when you obviously don't know what you're talking about!.

View more comments (32)
Review

LOWES, Quality Bull ***!!!!

Whats really funny is I work at a LOWE"s Store! Every day I see you idiots come into the store completely uneducated about the product you are interested in. With todays techknowledge I would think you would do a little investigative work prior to you entereing store to spend your money on such cheap garbage!!!!! Remember when we say you might consider, that is a flag we are trying to tell you DON'T BUY THAT! Exactly how *** are you? Look up the items on lowes.com, read the customer reviews and there it is 30-40 customers saying don't by this product, but here you are in the check out and I will see you again in 2days to three months complaining about this product. Oh, by the way, every box store gets their product from the same place. Lowes is one of the three big box companies selling this stuff. You want to complain, look into the mirror and see the *** who is too cheap to buy something of true quality. You walk in and say, "I want the cheapest thing you have." So you get exactly what you pay for. I am there just because it is the only job I can find! But if we say you might want to consider a special order. Well consider a better quality, because you will end up spending the same price after you trash the firsr product you purchased, then replace it. I suspect the vast majority have the internet! Do some research, read the product reviews, investigate and never take my word that, thats a good product and it should last you a lifetime. Another *** out the door!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea, do you really think We go to work just to take *** off of you idiots? *** no, we are there to feed our family. And now that LOWES has removed all of our commissions sales. I really don't care what you buy!!

Stop with the forklift accident already! It was tragic and is horrible for the poor lady.

I dont see you adding youtube links for the 3 tragic events with home depot one of which was fatal for a 6 year old girl.

Accidents do happen. If the employee didnt know how to operate the moffit he should have told his managers he was not comfortable yet with the machine.

Lowes does not care about their customers.

Research you tube lowes forklift tragedy and see if you still feel the same

Hey robot,

I dont even give them that. But hey they did this so we know exactly what our bring home will be so they were helping us out!!

Out of a mortgage, car payment, and food... But Niblock is doing ok. He may have to consider not buying a new porche this year and drive the 6 month old one a little longer.

The *** things dont last like they used to. Poor old Niblock going broke while we roll in the bread

Hot water. I have worked for lowes for ten yrs and have gave them 125% every day.

I only give 100% now. This company sucks *** now you can keep living paycheck to paycheck.

Hot water,

Most people I deal with seem to have some education. Perhaps with cabinets it different.

Sadly many people were living off of their incentives and not off of their base pay. This is not the customers fault. Sadly you are bitter and are putting all Lowes associates in your shoes. I have been with lowes 12 years and have seen ups and downs.

I still am being paid to help the customers. I choose to go to work at Lowe's. The incentive was nice but was not promised. If you read the paperwork at hiring it was listed as an incentive not a salary.

As far as not caring about the customers your bitterness will be your demise. The company will not accept slackers and whiners. Now let the sos thing die and lets get back to what we do best and that is serve the customers. Help someone make a difference in their home.

Once and awhile you will make a difference.

And if this is not what you want to do you can go out the doors you came in and no one will blame you for your choice. We all have a choice.

View more comments (4)

Lowes Damaged goods Binghamton, NY

Well, I'm glad to see that this is a Lowes nationwide norm! I have bought three appliances from Lowes. A Maytag freestanding range, and two years later matching Samsung front loading washer / dryer with bases. The range had a banged-in side and the washer had a large dent on the front just below the power buttons. Lowes knocked 10% off the stove and gave me one of the bases free of charge. My son has received a damaged clothes dryer (the third one delivered was the least damaged), a $1400 refrigerator with a big dent in back and scratch down one side, and yesterday a kitchen stove with the right side banged in. I know several people who have received damaged appliances from the same store. The delivery people ALWAYS say it is the night crew who unload the tractor trailers causing the damage. Does anyone have good stories about Lowes appliances??????

Most damaged appliances are delivered to the store "damaged" Why they deliver damaged goods is beyond me. DO NOT Haggle with the delivery driver, Call the store directly and ask for an ASM or the store manager, stand firm and dont back down, they do have 'loaner' appliances while you wait for your new undamaged appliance to be dilivered.

10% discount is a slap in the face, dont settle for less get what you paid for. LOWES does offer good customer service you just have to squeeze it out of them.

Larry b

Kasumi - No idea what unbowed means. If you mean unboxed or uncrated, mine were not until the truck was in the driveway.

My son's dryers and fridge were not.

The kitchen stove damage was found before it left Lowes store and they said it was the only one available locally and would take several weeks before they could get a replacement. They offered no discount to my son.

Actually, the appliances are probably damaged when they are loaded on delivery trucks, most of the appliances are unbowed right before loading, so any damage would usually be noticed.

View more comments (2)

Lowes stop commission pay

robert.a.niblock@lowes.com email address everyone should send email to him to to show him that we are not going to take this shi_ anymore . As a CEO he needs to step down or take a big pay cut himself. Paying no more commission is the down fall of Lowe's we the people is what makes Lowe's not the *** poor management there at Lowes.Who will give you all great service anymore and why should they care no extra money in there paycheck.Lowes is putting a hurt on the lives and they just don't care.

WHEN WILL LOWES BIG WIGS TAKE THE HIT . DONT SEE THAT HAPPEN ANY TIME SOON DONT FOR GET WHEN LOWES WINS WE ALL WIN BULL :(

My NAME says it all! Stocks plummeting !

All competitor's are doing well.

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT!! HR just follows along!

Hey scooter,

It is going to be much more fun to see how many customers the new "WE" team can send packing. I find it amusing that the "WE" culture means I still get paged to the cabinet desk.

Step up associates! If I am busy you are going to hear "WE" from me and you best step up or your *** will be in the hr office for training paper work.

"WE" come on scooter lets get the team spirit woke up get your butt to the cabinet desk and sit for 3 hours with some jack wad who brings their measurements in on a krispy creme wrapper. Then tell me to quit whinning!

After reading or trying to read the hate mail posted here by Lowe's "Employees" I have to wonder how much self-respect these complainers have.

You post comments that are so poorly written that I wonder how many are going to sympathize with you after witnessing your lack of communication skills - regardless of the informal nature of a blog/dicussion thread.

Yeah I hate the loss of income and in another time and place I would certainly be looking hard for another job. But if you whiners, liars and complainers want to leave, please go now and good luck finding another job now with attitudes and the communication skills you have displayed on this site.

In response to "I'm Working" maybe you should get your facts straight, the vendors did not pull the spiffs and commissions and Lowes was only giving 1/3 of that to their employees anyway. Lowes is just being greedy and eventually it will come back to *** them in the ***.

Lowes also fully expects to lose 30% of its workforce as a reasult of these changes. I feel sorry for the 70% that will remain there underpaid and underappreciated.

The question for the people who still work for the company is whats next?

I was asked by a customer if I earned commission - i explained to him that I did not anymore. He took this up with management and wanted to let them know that he felt it was a bad policy change.

The big bad store manager had a "Closed Door" meeting with me and "YELLED" at me for telling the customer about our cuts in commission. He intimidated me and upset me very much - and insulted me too. I am going to look into a law suit for sexual harassment and intimidation. What kind of company employ's store managers that do not want to tell the truch to customers?

I know the reason why - they are afraid that most people who work in sales or in a bonus or comission structure will not want to purchase from a company that will not pay their employees properly by giving them sales incentives. I QUIT!

There will not be another $20,000.00 sale from me this week or any week in the future for Lowes to reap all the profit or that *** manager to reap in his annual bonus. What a joke Lowes is!

Lowes is the slimiest company i have ever worked for. our HR Lowebot is on lunch blowing out store manager.

I always knew that corporate greed has run amuck and the little man is gettn screwed. thank god our LP Manager is an ***. Im looting my store daily to make up the 30% im losing. *** this place.

write off your losses to you insurance cause i dont care. Ill make my own economy. thanks for the tools and the dyson. consider it *** tax.

oh and the dolly i used to take it out too works nice.

Thefts from employees and their crews will take the stock down and make lowes go bye-bye. fight the evil: Fill your Pockets like these slimebags do.

I work for Lowes and the fact that they took spiffs away is very disheartening. Some of my coworkers depended on the extra money on their paycheck, because Lowes really doesn't pay that well.

In the week since they cut commission, customers have expressed surprise and a general consensus that it was not fair to take spiffs away. All I hear when I say lowes is restructuring is, " that's never a good thing..." and it's not.

You need to get the facts, vendors pulled their money, and mommy have your son grow up and man up and not let mommy talk for him. 12 years ago there were hardly ant spiffs or commission.

Times are changing. Sear only pays by commission no base pay, at least your getting a base pay and the portion that Lowe's was paying for spiffs.

View more comments (11)

I can't get any help for a broken washer... | Lowes review from Dayton, Ohio

I bought a washer & dryer from them 1 1/2 years ago...been trying ever since to get someone to help me....have talked to so many people from everywhere...they have offices...No one will help me...oh yes I have had so many promises but they don't happen. This was bought by my mother who is 84 and I am her daughter trying to get this fixed....why won't anyone help us. I would advise if you are looking for anything....don't go to lowes....OMG I just can't believe this and how we have been treated. thanks for listening thanks for listening

You have a one year warranty on the appliance. Did the appliance need repair within the one year warranty?

Did you purchase the extended warranty? If the answer is 'no' to my questions, exactly what do you want Lowe's to do about it? Call the manufacturer and complain to them they are the ones who produce the appliance.

Lowe's just sells it! If the answer is 'yes' to the above questions you have a legitimate issue and call the store manager or the call center.

when my car with 70,000 miles breaks down, ill take it back to my salesman that sold it to me years ago....im sure I will get far!

Lowes just sold it to you, call an appliance service provider and suck it up.

Im sure you declined the extended service plan also didnt you?

I have found that the best way to get Lowes to do anything is to log onto their website and and write your complaint to the corporate office.This always gets the problem solved for me. Good Luck

Too bad, don't expect any help from lowes now. They have cut the pay of all appliance associates so they don't care anymore.

Rick

Call China and wait till you buy everything online

Read your warranty carefuly, Call the manufacturer to get it fixed, I work for LOWES lets just say that the squeaky wheel gets greased very quickly. Sorry for the lack of service, wouldnt happen at my store.

Same thing happened to me. There is NO WAY they will help you in the slightest.

I am stuck with a broken washer and a pile of dirty clothes.

Lowas sucks!!! Don't buy anything there!!!

You bought an appliance from a company with no service center. I hope the $10-$20 savings was with it, now your mom has to spend her golden years in dirty cloths!

I thought Lowes sold appliances. You would normally call the manufacturer for repair.

I bought a washer at Lowes and an extended warranty from the manufacturer. I've had one problem and called the repair number listed on the warranty and it was promptly repaired.

The warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase. What is the problem you need help with ??

View more comments (9)

Bait and Switch at Lowes

I purchased "Therma Tru" patio doors from Lowes. They were a special order and came within the promised time frame. HOWEVER....the doors were not Therma Tru...they were actually TruLogistic (a company created by Lowes and Therma Tru to sell cheap doors at a price point that would attract customers. Instead of the wood adjustable threshold it was cheap plastic that would not even hold the throw bolt. The hinges and strike plates were not recessed neatly, a five year-old could do better!! The window trim was crooked and multiple other issues occurred. I called when the doors were delivered and they refused to return them and said they would refer the issue to the warranty department. Two months later I had to threaten legal action for them to take them back and refund my money. Safe yourself a lot of time and stress and shop elsewhere!!!
#1203699

Sounds like a crock of BS to me, Bel Air, Maryland!!! Lowes always takes returns, even if they're special order items. Any decent person knows it doesn't take threatening legal action to get results from Lowes.

Based on the information you have given joemd,it certainly sounds like you went in to Lowes with an intended item for purchase.You probably sat down and went over many different door options,but already knew what you wanted in a door.Also what you wanted to pay for it.After reviewing all your options and now knowing that only certain manufacturers offer certain configurations,and also putting price way down on the list,you decide to go with the lower brand Benchmark by Thermatru.Now that is just like going into the Lexus dealership and buying the Toyota Corolla and complaing that it does not perform as well,and is not made as well as the Lexus LS 460.Even a five year old has his standards,but please do not blame anyone but yourself for not doing your homework.In this day and age there is too much information out there to be ignorant!

#1203702
@The All Knowing

Well said!

I ordered windows, and they ordered new construction instead of replacement - by accident. So, they improvised and floated a window in expanding foam with NO FRAME!

They ripped my window frame out. Now Pat Reilly is giving me a different song and dance every time I talk to him. Heywood Peyton was the one tat placed the order. But Pat's major priority seems to be to protect Heywood, defending every mistake he made.

Thanks Alpharetta GA Lowes. Thanks for taking $6,000 and leaving me with the wrong model, wrong size and wrong installation.

And your installer, Right Angle, they should have known something was wrong and not improvised. Next time, I will call a NARI member!!!!

You wanted to buy a therma tru door but you are cheap so you bought another brand that was cheaper and got exactly what you paid for.

the components sent to replace the poor quality components were in worse condition than the existing components. The service technician showed me the paperwork that showed they were actually TruLogistic doors and not Therma-Tru doors as sold by the salesperson at the store.

@joemd

You really did not do your homework. TLI (True Logistic) is Therma-Tru!

TLI is the prehang department for Therma-Tru doors. ALL UNDER SAME ROOF!

Still have not received my refund for the doors. The person that came out to "fix" the doors even said they were *** and showed even more problems with them!

Benchmark by Therma-Tru is a product line of Therma-Tru Corp. Benchmark by Therma-Tru is sold exclusively at Lowe’s, and offers both patio door systems and entry door systems.

During an inspection performed by our contracted service company, we did confirm several issues in the purchased products that did not meet our quality standards. We did attempt to resolve the issues with your door systems, but were unable to do so to your satisfaction. As a result, we issued full credit on the product in January. If you need further assistance, please contact us at 866-584-3668.

Regards,

Amanda Nine

Sr. Customer Care Agent

Kinda like working a job one isn't suited for because one made *** decision after *** decision in life. Oh well, there's always cigarettes and tattoos or maybe a new peircing. I deal with people like you every day.

View more comments (10)
Product
Lowes Warranty

LOWE'S FIRED ME | Lowes review from Fair Oaks, California

Lowes is the worst employer ever. I worked there for 8 years, and i finally got sick and tired of their *** management team not doing anything. They discriminated against me, and would sit in the back offices with the cute, young, skinny girls and ignore everyone else. So I finally called corporate on them. Surprise, 2 weeks later I got fired for "using profanity". Funny, because when i was terminated, i was never given an reason. I had to figure it out on my own. The managers sit around all day and do nothing. They sexually harrass customers, and still dont get fired. Lowes is a horrible place! Do not shop here!!!!!

Keep your write ups. Im looting the store as A**H*** Tax.

We might as well follow my example and loot the store.

This ship is going down and i couldnt be happier. Maybe Home Depot will make Blow's an offer.

Eva.... you wrote that the managers would "sit in the back offices with the cute, young, skinny girls and ignore everyone else".

So in other words you are a fat, angry (judging from your post), bad employee? Does that about sum it up?

Check out www.glassdoor.com

:eek :upset :sigh :cry :( :x

Actually to get unemployment I have to tell the truth. The managers ever sexually harass customers or employees.

I just made that up because I was upset about getting fired. I swore at a customer and that is why I was fired and this was not my first time swearing at a customer or coworker.

cool story