Lowes Reviews

Show reviews that mention
store service customer service customer home order manager home depot delivery phone
Filter review

Poor install carpet

Had new carpet put in entire house. Eighteen months later the carpet had rolls in it. Lowes said it is because carpet is made in the south and the climate change to WA makes it stretch out later. Refused to do anything as over one year warranty. How convenient of them! If it was installed correctly to begin with, would not have had a problem. I have never had carpet in any house that I have lived in come loose all over. Seems like they have excuses for everything to explain away their shoddy professional installations so they do not have to give you a refund or fix it.

had carpet installed 3 years ago not quite that long ,Since the carpet was 2 years it has stretched till its ***.Have complained to manager,e-mailed company they will not backup what i paid 3000.00 for but glad to cash check.

Puyallup, Washington
Product
Lowes Warranty

Sales Specialist did not complete order.

I requested that Lowes install a security/screen door from a Sales Specialist on June 6, 2011. An installer came out to measure the door two days later. When the sales specialist called with the measurements, I told her that he measured for the wrong kind of installation. She said that she would send someone else out to re-measure. As of today, August 16, 2011, no one has come out. I have spoken with her and a supervisor and no one has taken care of this problem. I am appalled by the lack of professionalism and unreliability of such a large company. I will take my business elsewhere.

thats probably because you are a ***

Palm Springs, California
Lowes Installation

LOWES Closes Store - Overnight!

Lowes Corporate Office decided to close our local store overnight, and without letting customers know ahead of time. No signs posted anywhere in the store, nothing in the local newspaper. One day open - next day closed. They apparently didn't even bother to let the majority of the employees know until last night, when the crew showed up to take down the lettering on the building...... I went to check prices on safety glasses, and found a security guard in front of the closed store. One gentleman was lucky, he was able to pick up the door he purchased a couple of days ago - instead of having to drive almost 50 mile to the nearest store! It's not the way to treat your customers, so I am now an EX-customer at Lowes!

Hopefully Menards is in your town! They have never closed a store.

Cambridge, Minnesota

Valspar Paint and Primer in one

I am painting a 10 x 10 room. I bought the paint and primer in one, hoping to get good coverage. The color underneath is a medium to light purple. Not very dark, and we are on coat #3. I paid extra $$ for the primer built in, and its been nothing but a big waste of time. I may even have to go back to the store for an extra quart because I am running out of paint, and I still dont have good coverage. I would never recommend this paint to anyone, and I hope whoever reads this will be saved some headache by buying a different brand :(

I have been mixing and selling paint for about 25 years and I can tell you for a fact that there is no such thing as paint and primer in one when it comes to latex house pints for interior or exterior. Lowes/Home Depot both use these lies to sell more paint. It is a absolute lie!

Agreed for sure! We are in the process of painting a lavender colored room john deere green and we are on our third coat of the basic paint and primer.

I thought maybe if we had bought the premium quality it would be better but reading reviews it looks like it wouldn't have. Previously we used Glidden paint and primer from Wal-mart and it was amazing!

Only 2 quotes needed and was cheaper in price. We have purchased Glidden in green to finish the job we started with Valspar!

Valspar Premium paint and primer sucks! I just bought $165 worth of paint that is worthless.

I primed the walls before painting and it still won't cover. Multiple coats...this stuff sucks. I am going back to Benjamin Moore (primer and paint) are separate but the look is far superior!

p.s., even the premium latex semi gloss trim paint and primer sucks. Pretty useless stuff all around!

We primed our wall, then used the combo paint/primer thinking it would give good coverage. Wrong!

We are about to put on the 4th coat to try to get it from streaking and drying unevenly. This is just basic white paint.

We've never used Valspar before, and never again.

We'll go back to Sherwin Williams or even Home Depot paint.

Agreed!! I painted my new home with ith and these walls were perfect new walls!!

Thus paint has dried terrible, roller marks and the coverage is awful. It dries thick. It is in my entrance and stairway... I am very upset.

iMac have to get another brand to completely paint over. :cry

People need to understand that "Paint and Primer in One" is a "marketing" term brought to the market by BEHR paint. BEHR did a great job of deceiving the American market and making them think the paint already has the primer mixed in it. The market became so accustomed to the term, that all other paint manufacturers had to jump on board with the term.

A "Paint and Primer in One" really means that you can apply "two" coats of paint without using a primer as a base coat. These paints have a higher solid content and as a result dry to a higher mill thickness giving you the ability to get better coverage in one coat, but does not mean you will not need a second coat over an improperly prepared surface.

The other thing that needs to be considered is what type of applicator you are using. If you buy a premium paint like Valspar, it needs to be applied with a premium roller cover. If you have a light texture on the wall, you should use a lambskin 3/4 inch nap roller. I can assure you if you would have used the Valspar High Hide Primer and one coat of your "Paint and Primer in One" your project would have been complete.

Valspar's Signature line of paint is the #1 rated interior paint among all national paint brands because it offers the best one coat coverage (using the right applicator), largest color selection, best fade resistance, and scrubbability.

@PissedConsumer412561

Thank you "Paint Pro"! I used to work at Lowes, was manager of Paint Dept for 4 years.

I couldn't of explained this any better.

"Paint and primer in one" is basically a play on words.

If you would take the time to read the can it will tell you that a primer is still needed if going over painted walls I have used Valspar and loved it maybe it’s the operator

There is no primer in paint. It is the solid content.

Coverage has many variables. What nap size roller you use, what sheen you are covering, what prep you did, what color you are covering. You should have used a high hide primer first.

I've used Valspar paint and love it rated #1 by national testing. I wouldn't use any other.

The problem is not Lowe's, but the paint manufacturer, Valspar. That is not really a good paint, and it is not recommended to use a paint with the primer and top coat in one.

It does not work well at all, but this nonsense seems to be the rage now as people think it will save them time. It does not. On a bare drywall, use a good latex primer and then two coats of paint. On previously painted walls, use a good paint and you may or may not get by with one coat---sometimes you do need to put two coats on.

Do not use Valspar or Dutch Boy paints---they do not cover well. Pittsburg paint works well as does Sherwin-Williams. Oddly enough, and I hate to recommend anything Sears sells, but their top paints are quite good. All paints are now expensive and I thus buy paint only when it is on clearance---places like Meijers always sell their mistints(people don't like the colour they mixed after all)for at least 50% off.

I usually wait and buy paint for anywhere from $4 to $8.

By the way, if you are having trouble with this paint, you need to tell Lowe's about it and take back what you have left and demand a refund.

They need to know people are having a problem with a paint they sell. I have always found Lowe's reasonable on most things not up to expectations.

View more comments (9)
Detroit, Michigan

Bad place to shop!!!!

I went to Lowe's this morning to make a return as I walked in the line was long noone came over to help the poor child.She looked over at the customer service desk and saw noone was there so she told us that she can take some of us over there.Myself snd another gentleaman went around to her. As we got over there another gentleman got there before we did.She looked at us and to us I don't know why she sent ya'll around here.And I was very upset.And sent us back.
Orlando, Florida

Lowes & Whirpool compaint

I bought a Whirpool Refg. from Lowes on Hwy 280 B'ham Al. spent $2500. on July 16, 2011. It was delivered on August 1, 2011 and would not come on, the delivery guys from Lowes took it back to the store. They "Lowes" ordered us another one it came in today only to have dents in the side of the refg. Spent $2500.00 for a new refg. and still don't have one. By the way I have alredy paid for it along with a new stove & dishwasher over $5000.00 spent at Lowes. NOT HAPPY WITH LOWES OR WHIRPOOL !!!!!!! Gene Murdock Birmingham, AL.
Birmingham, Alabama

Lowe's Appliance Installation

About two months ago we bought four appliances from Lowe's in Timonium, MD. Three out of the four appliances were delivered without a problem, but when it came to our Samsung refrigerator...that was a different story. When the original refrigerator was delivered by the sub-contracting delivery service that Lowe's goes through, Big E Transportation, the delivery man was showing us how to use our ice maker that is in the refrigerator section. When he pulled it out and put it back in he tried to pull it out again and it wouldn't come out to which he said, "well, you get the picture." After waiting the 72 hours that the instructions tell you to wait before consuming ice, the ice maker would not produce any cubes. When we tried to take it out to see if there was something going on, it wouldn't come out. We called Lowe's, who told us that it was probably a manufacturers defect and that we had to contact Samsung. When the Samsung repair man came out he looked at it and said that it was installed improperly causing the water to pour down into the ice maker causing the ice maker to freeze onto itself. Our options were to call Lowe's and try to get another refrigerator or to take everything out of our fridge, let it air out for 3 days and see if the ice would melt. Naturally, we decided to get another fridge, which was great! When the second refrigerator was being delivered, we were focusing our attention on the putting together of the refrigerator and ice maker to make sure that it was being done properly. The ice maker thankfully worked but we noticed a giant gauge taken out of our kitchen floor. This time we had to contact Big E Transportation to see what they could do about it. After having someone come out and take pictures, they said that they would give us a check to get our floor replaced. But our kitchen floor matches our foyer floor so we had to pay out of pocket to get the foyer replaced as well. When the sub-contractor for our flooring (not affiliated with Lowe's) came out to install our floor, he was moving the refrigerator out of the kitchen and noticed that the front wheel on the fridge was bent and broken which is what caused the gauge in our floor. After further investigation, we discovered that not only was the front wheel bent and broken but so was the back wheel along with the whole bottom right side of our fridge was dented in. After moving the refrigerator totally out the gauge not only was where we thought it was but also the whole length of the refrigerator back. It seems to me that the delivery people dropped the fridge when they were getting it out of the truck and failed to tell us. The simple fact is that it is extremely obvious when the refrigerator is pulled the whole way out and the fact that the delivery company HAD to know about this and FAILED to tell us is unacceptable. We are now in the process of speaking to a Lowe's manager to see how we can correct this issue because this will be our THIRD refrigerator. The fact that this is not a manufacturers defect but simply the fact that the delivery company that Lowe's choose to go through is incompetent is ridiculous. I am beginning to get fed up with Lowe's in general. Even though our sales representative is trying to be helpful, it just gets to a point where I am tired of being inconvenienced, handing out money that I was not intending on, and am getting no sort of compensation for my troubles is starting to get to me. Hopefully, the manager at Lowe's will help me this time, otherwise this is the LAST time I am purchasing anything that needs to be delivered and installed through Lowe's.

dont count on sears to be any better at delivery/setup, they scratched and dented all 3 times they tried to deliver our samsung fridge. finally i touched up the paint with a sharpie but never again will i have them deliver stuff, i can do it myself alot better.

Baltimore, Maryland
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes/scam artists

My husband and I went to lowes to purchase new carpet, they tell us they will send someone out to take measurements which would cost 35 dollars, no problem pay them and someone comes out (before anyone comes out my husband measures himself, and measured way larger than what was actually there to beable to estimate a price) the guy comes out measures shows me the measurements I am not sure so we go in the next day to take a look when my husband looks at the measurements he tells me they are MORE THAN DOUBLED (ps the carpet we are buying the the MOST EXPENSIVE they carry)when the manager sees my husband is concerned he starts to get nervous, so my husband askes if we can have a copy of the measurements THAT WE PAID FOR the manager refuses to let us have them and tells us YOU DON'T NEED THEM!! so now I am ticked and tell them we are not buying carpet from them, when we went home my husband remeasures to be sure his measurements are correct and of course they are, so we get a phone call not from the manager but a guy that works at lowes, and he wants to know why we arent making the purchase, I am very honest with him and tell him Lowes is shady and refuse to EVER buy anything there again......no one even appologizes, and I feel like we paid for the measurements to be taken aren't we entitled to have atleast a copy???? Needless to say I will be using HOME DEPOT from now on. DON'T BUY FROM LOWES I know this is an assumption but I think the guy that was doing the instalation knew exactly what he was doing and that this was the best carpet, I think he was going to keep the extra carpet and sell it himself, and POCKET ALOT OF MONEY, ps I didn't know but Lowes says they have contractors that have nothing to do with lowes except to do instals so when you make a complaint about this sort of thing Lowes TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY they pass the buck to the contractors and the contractors pass the buck back to Lowes......just dont do business with them it's not worth the headache.

Im not working for Lowe's. I do know that carpet comes in 12' W and long as need most of the time you will pay extra for cuts.

I don't know how many cuts you have there but think about it. so when you buy carpet take in mind that the size + 35%

Softfuzzy | 1 min ago

Lowes is stealing customers money by refusing to issue refunds for mdse never delivered- it's over a month and counting - I want to hear from Niblock.

Lowes is now running a swindle thru their stores.

I left him my name and number- thru his executive services- any bets on whether he will respond. Probably in meetings trying to figure out how to massage next quarter to shareholders and what customers he can steal from!!!

I want my $1,200!!!!!!!! So I can buy doors from HD and dry in my building that has been setting open because of two months of Lowes holding my money!!!!! LOWES you are a THIEF!!! A Fake, and Liars!!!!! Help Lowes is a Theiving company holding my money hostage!!

GETTING CARPET FROM LOWES IS RIDICULOUS!!! I spoke to someone from a REAL CARPET STORE and he said in no way shape or form should anyone ever NEED DOUBLE carpet and the estimate shouldn't be DOUBLED EITHER he said it was a SHADY DEAL!!!

DO NOT BUY CARPET FROM LOWES!!!

Lowes has a policy in place where if the installer estimates more than 10% of what is needed to do any job you will be given a refund for whatever left over product there is and any labor that was not used installing what was left over.

IT WAS DOUBLED!!! I understand having to have some extra carpet but DOUBLED?

that seems ridiculous, the price should have been close to 1500.00 and the guy at Lowes told us it was going to be over 3000.00 to carpet alittle over 300 sq ft. I agree with whom ever said got to a CARPET STORE for carpet, I will stick with lowes for other things but go somewhere else for carpet!

First let me say that I am and have been a Lowe's Installer for 7 years. The $35.00 fee the customer is charged is paid to the sub-contractor to pay for the time and fuel to perform the customers measure.

If the customer elects to use Lowe's installations, the fee is deducted from the final price the customer pays but is still paid to the sub. Second, in the time I have been associated with Lowe's, I have found their organization to one of the best in the business to insure customer satisfaction. I install for a number of stores and their dedication to insuring the customer is happy is passed along to their installers. If unfortunately their was a problem, the complaint is handled by the store not the installer.

Each store has an Installed Sales office to coordinate installations and communicate any issues with the customer directly.

Not to mention the competition by name, they farm out their work to an outside installation service which then subs it out to an substantially under paid installer in comparison to industry standards. Bottom line, everyone has complaints but to be honest, if I thought Lowe's was corrupt or unfair I sure wouldn't be writing this.

PS. read the last part of your statement.

From what i know, contractors do not know which carpet you are getting until they show up in the store to pick it up, or at our house. They measure, and then the associate adds up your order according to the measurements. They can not charge you for the carpet until they know how much you need.

I am sure you and the associate talked about your carpet when you paid for the detail, but the contractor wouldn't know anything. He gets the fax with your address and info, gos to your house, measures, then sends us the results.

I work at a lowes store. We are actually not "aloud" to let customers "have" the detail they paid for, but showing them has never been a problem.

At my store employees go over the detail with their customers piece by piece.

Not sure what that guys problem was. All that aside, any time a customer gets upset in our store, especially over something that simple, we have given them a copy of the detail.

Whether or not the husband has ever installed carpet before is irrelevant. The question should be, “can he use a tape measure correctly” since the main disagreement was about the actual room measurements, not about installation techniques.

I have no doubt that the subcontractor’s measurements were inflated and that they were trying to rip this customer off. I say this because I just had a similar experience with Lowes in San Diego. The subcontractor-Lowes-customer relationship is simply unacceptable. For some unexplainable reason, Lowes refuses to give the customer a copy of the measurements and installation plan from the subcontractor. Also, since Lowes did not generate the plan and measurements, they cannot answer any questions about it. There are no checks and balances here. If the subcontractor wants to inflate the numbers to increase the total cost of the project, they are free to do so since Lowes does not check up on them and the customer isn’t allowed to discuss it with them directly (prior to purchase and installation).

After spending more than a week trying to get answers from the Lowes salesperson about details of the carpet installation plan, I decided to give up the $35 measurement fee and take my business somewhere else. I went to a store that only does carpet and flooring. I was treated with respect, was quoted a fair price for the carpet, and had the opportunity to discuss installation plans directly with the people who would be doing the work – including number and locations of every seam in the carpet installation.

If you need to buy a new drill, I’m sure that you can find a good deal at Lowes. If you need to install carpet/flooring, go to a carpet store.

Lowe's installers go through an extensive background check before hiring and their work is checked all the time, plus the customer is called to make sure they are happy with the job. The customer also grades the installer for his work.

If you don't like the contractor for any reason ask them to send out another.

Ask yourself this....how many houses has your husband carpeted?

View more comments (9)
Salt Lake City, Utah

Lowe's rep recommended Valspar Bonding Primer --it's no good!!

June,2011: Lowe's paint salesperson assured me that if the primed my varnished oak chairs with Valspar Bonding Primer I would not have to sand -- big mistake!! I primed the chairs and waited one to three days to paint with Valspar Black Indoor/Outdoor High Gloss paint. Six weeks later the chairs are still tacky to the touch and you slightly stick to the chair when sitting in it! I went back to Lowe's last week and asked the paint employee about this situation. He acted like he had never heard of the problem before. Now I see all of these negative reviews-- surely they need to change their product! I am going to ask for a refund, but I wasted time painting these 5 chairs.

I wish I’d read this BEFORE using #VALSPAR #STAINBLOCKING #BONDING #PRIMER/SEALER.This crap just ruined my brand new out of the box closet organizing system. Four towers and 15 drawers later it allllll peels off but only sticks in the nooks and crannies

DO NOT BUY “VASPARs STAINBLOCKING BONDING PRIMER/SEALER” !!!It DOES NOT stick to ceramic tile, DOES NOT stick to glass, it DOES NOT stick to glossy surfaces! HUUUUUGE waste of my time, let alone the high cost for this primer.It’s all FALSE ADVERTISING!

Product bonds well but is too thick to work and instructions say not to thin. SW is superior.

I also learned the hard way that you cannot use latex or acrylic water based paint and oil based paint together . That is the problem you are having.

You must use a latex or acrylic water based paint over the bonding primer. You could have spray painted right over your oak chairs without doing anything else to them. Same goes for stain and varnish.

Water and oil don't mix. I personally take with a grain of salt the advice I recieved from the store

Why blame the primer it's the paint that didn't dry. I guess if you would of sanded it you would have found out the paint hadn't dried.

Common sense would have been your friend that day. I'm surprised you didn't blame the sun for not being hot enough.

@PissedConsumer486675

would HAVE, not of.

@PissedConsumer486675

You’re a joke!I have also just used this primer. Wasted 2 days of priming 15 drawers and 4 closet towers!

Says on can it dries to touch in one hour but can be revolted 4 hrs later. 8 hrs later it all scrapes off!!!

I put the primer on a bathtub, a plastic or fiberglass construction, along with a couple of coats of paint. Is it possible to "remove" all the paint AND the bonding primer?

If so, how? thanks

I'm thinking it wasn't the primer, it was the paint you used. I've had a problem with some of their paints.

I am using the primer right now on glossy cabinets and so far so good. I will do an update when I can if I prove myself wrong.

p.s.

We all know that a high gloss paint can be very sticky, so why blame the primer? I don't know what 'sanding' would have done to the primer (?)

yes it sounds like it was put on too thick or it was to humid outside where you painted and moisture got trapped under the paint and that is causing the delayed drying time

View more comments (10)
Enumclaw, Washington
This experience has taught me that Lowe's not only sells *** products, but they do all they can to HIDE that fact from other customers. I bought a rocking chair from Lowe's, and it was ***. So I went online to post a helpful review so that other innocent...
#2058139

Lowes doesn't allow Comments on their Insulations. At least their not Dumb, just not Concerned

View more comments
Houston, Texas
Loss

Lowes extended warranty

July 28, 2011 water heater stopped running. Called Lowes 1-87*-817-**** and by August 3 received word that the unit would be repaired by a local company. After no service I called that company (3 times) and they stated that they were no longer working for Lowes. I had to start over again. Today, August 9, Lowes called and said they are sorry but they have no one living in my area (population 425,790) who provides service. They will ATTEMPT resolution within 3-5 biz days. IF this works we have been without hot water for 14 to 18 days (or more). I paid $59.97 for this warranty!!

The company that sold you the warranty is "NEW." If they can't repair the unit because they can't get someone, they have an obligation to replace it with a gift card. Your plan covers the plumber's expense.

It appears as though the local plumbers are not being paid enough money by NEW. Email epp@***.com if you get no action.

Detroit, Michigan
Product
Lowes Warranty

*** poor lazy people at lowes

Update by user Aug 05, 2011

Oh yeah dumbest delivery people bitched at each other the whole time they installed it. I guess the other guy didn\'t know how to install things and the other guy would not stop bickering at him.

Very annoying and thanks for the dent in front of the washer oh well it only cost 672.00 dollars. You didn\'t pay for it so I guess you wouldn\'t care.

Original review posted by user Aug 05, 2011
Searched for someone to help at Lowes Lawrenceburg, IN and she skips over me to help someone else after I hunt her down Then dude crushes my can of stain and says it will be fine. No one smiling at front desk. No wonder I shop online. Why don't you hire some nice people that actually want to work at your company. Time to start firing people and rehiring. Give me a break. I know you can not control the people in your parking lot, but maybe if you people had better service I may not have gotten a poor look from some girl. Cause you know what if you smile at someone or do something nice it domino effects and rubs off in a good way. 2 smiles equal 4 smiles 6 frowns equals 12. Get it.

*** you people home depot can eat a *** there prices are sky high and customer service hahahah those words arent used there u can barley get someone to pick up the phone let alone help u in the store basically if u walk in home depot your up *** creek without a paddle.

Did you see the nasty comment that was left on my review. I don't know who " Felix" or " Joe " is but their attitude is similar to what I have encountered at Lowes on several occasions.

I did have this one guy who was super helpful- he gave me excellent advise on hanging a mirror. He was awesome, but it is rare to get that kind of customer service.

I am sorry that you all had a bad experience too. Maybe Home Depot gives better service.

I need lumber for remodeling and needed stack of boards moved down from high rack . well there were a manager and two workers standing around chatting.

I tried to get help and was told there helping another customer.

well ask couple other workers and keep get pointed back to the two workers who are still standing around chatting 30 minutes have passed and manager was no help . Just took my business else where.

View more comments (2)
Cutler, Maine

Pxxx Poor Service

Sir: I purchased a refrigerator from one of your stores (#0482) back on 24 Oct 2009. I also purchased a 4 year extended warranty within. Back on the 14th of June 2011, the ice maker quite. I called the extended warranty number a filed a clime. As of this date the problem is still not repaired. I have records where I have contacted the warranty people and your executive support office. I was set up with an appointment date and time for them to out to repair the unit. When they contacted me to confirm the appoint, I was told that they could not come out then. This was because the appointment was set up VIA their web page and it was not current. I was told that it would have to be sometime the next week. I call the warranty people back and provided them with this information. I requested another company to service my unit. I was never contacted by this company. Si I called them back and this time they gave Jim Whxxxxxx repair service, who I know of. This company contacted me, but took some time to come out to look at the unit. I was informed that on the 8th of July 2011 the parts were placed on order. I then was informed Mr. Whxxxxxx had received the parts on 13 July 2011. For over a week we talked to Mr. Whxxxxxx and his office asking when they would come out to replace the parts. We were told several times they would be there, but they never showed up. I contacted your executive support office and asked for their help. After I provided them with all of the information I had, I was told that they would get back with me. The following is a copy of their response. From: Exec Cust Service [mailto:Exec.CustService@***.com] Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 3:48 PM To: MrED@***.xxx Subject: Repair: Mr ED, Mr.xxxxx, I did contact NEW and was advised that the service tech has been out of the office sick for over a week. I was also advised that your part should be replaced one day this week. I do apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and I will follow up with you on Friday, July 29, 2011. xxxxxx Lowes Executive Support 1-86*-900-**** I waited until around 2pm on the 29th of July 2011 and tried to contact them back. But the phone number of 1-86*-900-**** is NOT a number for your executive support office, it belongs to another company. I found another number and called. I talked to xxxxxx and was informed that xxxxxx was out to lunch and did not know when she would return. I requested to talk to you sir and was told that I could leave a message for you with them, but that you would NOT get back with me. I asked numerous times for this and was given the same answer. I stayed on the phone for quite some time waiting for xxxxxx to get back from lunch. I was also informed that only xxxxxx could help me out as she was the only one that had all of my information. But I was also told that I could provide them with all the information again and they would try to contact all parties again. I was then informed that xxxxxxx was back at last from lunch. First I asked xxxxxx about the incorrect phone number, and was told that she had mistyped it. Most people have their signature set up to be inserted automaticity. I informed xxxxxx that as of this time I have not heard from Mr. Wxxxxxx. She info mend me that she would get in touch with him and get back with me. I told her that I had been waiting all week for this and that I had other things to do. I left the house and was going into town when she called me back and said that Mr. Wxxxxxx would be there that night or on Saturday mooring. Well this never happened. Sunday afternoon at 2:31 pm I received a call from Mr. Wxxxxxx asking if he could come by and install the repair parts. I informed him that I was at a close friends home for their 50th wedding annaversy and I was not about to go back there at this time. I have since gotten rid of the refrigerator and bought another new one. In short sir I find that both your warrant service and your Executive support office are lacking in any support of good customer service!
Atlanta, Georgia

Carpet Pad Unavailable

I ordered carpet/padding from Lowes and was told it would be 10-12 days. I was shocked when they called within a week. I called my installer and agreed on a time for pick up and installation. The day of installation, he called to say carpet was in, padding was not. Therefore, I rearranged my house (which is tiny), slept in my living room and wasted my installer's day for NOTHING. Now, I have to put back the things I moved so I can function at home for two days before my installer can return. If you order carpet, be sure when they call to ask them if there is also padding to go with it...
Blaine, Minnesota
Lowes Installation

Lowes Rejected My Review - Awful Company

In the last 2 weeks I purchased a 20 inch stove online from Lowes and the whole thing was a disaster, from start to finish. Without going into the long winded details, I decided to keep the 400 dollar stove with the crooked door after they brought a second stove with a door that was even more crooked (needed it quickly for my friend who's staying in my studio apt.) I decided to go leave a truthful review about all that had happened with this order. No cussing, no caps, nothing like that, just the truth. Today I checked my email and Lowes rejected my review. Refused to print it (truth hurts). I will never, ever shop from them again, online or in store. It was a sorry time wasting experience. Since they won't print my review I think I'll just go everywhere I can find on the web and post what happened. I used Home Depot for all the supplies for the rehab on my house without ONE problem. This time I thought I'd try Lowes and I regret it deeply. If you are thinking of buying from Lowes, don't do it, just runnnnn....Because if you have a problem they are so not there for the customer :(

They did this to me today because I posted a negative review of some absolute *** tile they sold me and installed for $10,000. I do not trust a single review on their website now and will be using Home Depot instead.

#472067

Lowe's rejects reviews when there have been too many negative posts on any given product. They don't want their sales to suffer, after all!

I agree with your assessment of Lowe's. Their installer screwed up my garage door (putting in an opener), then left with it hopelessly stuck 1/2 open and didn't answer his phone. I had to pay a real professional to fix his damage to my door. Lowe's accepted no responsibility.

I submitted a review at this site. Like you, I didn't swear or use caps. Someone named "Lowe's Pro" left a comment blaming me for the damage to my door! He/she is obviously a Lowe's employee, and I'm even madder (more pissed) now that they've tried to spin it and blame the victim of their installer's wrongdoing. I will drive across two states to their competitors before shopping at Lowe's again.

I also filed a complaint with the BBB - you should, too!

I agree, this is a *** stove with zero features and costs 10 times more than it's worth. We just had one delivered today for one of our rentals and they dropped the thing off the truck.

Any advice on getting compensation for mucking up such a pricey POS?

TIA!

$400 or $1000 product should come defect free. Funny how some people only get upset if it happens to them.

It's a 20 INCH APT STOVE, ya stupe. With no features at all. Even has a fake drawer on bottom. So yeah, 400 is alot. Especially when they come with bent frames and crooked doors. They charge more for some of these stoves than they do for a good quality full size oven with all the features.

Do your homework before posting.

Also, this review was about LOWES and what happened with the order, not about me.

Isn't this what pissed consumer is about?

Or is it just for idiots to get on here and sling *** at the poster?

Sounds like a cheap stove I mean it only cost 400.00 what did you expect. You get what you pay for. Sounds like you were expecting a 1000.00 stove for 400.00 Seriously

Oh, haha, we have comedy central joining us.

If my eyes are crooked then so are the eyes of the delivery people and at least four others who looked at the stove.

For 400 dollars you should get a stove that's door doesn't drop to the left.

A.I. do you work for Lowes?

So what was the problem again? Perhaps your eyes are crooked.

View more comments (8)