Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

LOWES -- *** LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE

I called and spoke to 3 people at the LOWES store in cromwell,CT. To verify that a given item was at the location. Since I was interested in it, and would be driving 45 mins. to the location; I wanted to make sure it was there. I was told by a associate, that they would pull the item and hold it for me that night. I arrived 40 mins later to find NO PRODUCT,,,they never had the product at the store all day. MANAGER on duty would do nothing for me,,,,no accountability for wrong and misleading information at this location. They would not do anything to recoup my loss time and money to get to them,,, MANAGER needs to go back to managers training school,,,back to basics when customer is always right,,,SHE WAS RUDE,,and unfriendly, and should be replaced,,, AVOID this store at all cost,,,,customer service is HORRIBLE, and they are highly misleading. AVOiD them ,,shop at their competitor,,HOME DEPOT,,,, never never shop for anything there,,,

lmao i love when you idiots say you'll go to home depot, #1 if you knew just how much we don't care about you going somewhere else you'd be spitting fire and #2 you're liars, you know that you weren't "right" that's why you keep coming back. we don't hold things for people without you purchasing them, and i don't care if you came all the way from timbucktoo, get over it.

Go ahead and purchase the item on Lowes.com for store pickup. This ensures the item will be processed and ready.

Take your printout/receipt to Customer Service.

Just calling to verify availability does not mean the item will be reserved for you. The store gets hundreds of these calls every day.

nikalseyn

contact corporate with managers name and state your complaint is about him and the store's customer service.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Manager

No Mercy for NYC Employees Working Sunday with Hurricane Irene - Lowes need the Profits???

I visited your Red Hook Brooklyn store to get ready for Hurricane Irene and was (as everyone has been) discussing this weather event. I found out that YOUR STORE WILL BE OPEN WITH A FULL CREW ON SUNDAY IN THE MIDDLE OF HURRICANE IRENE. I cannot believe that your Red Hook Brooklyn store is NOT closing to ensure the safety of their employees – ESPECIALLY SINCE THE NYC TRANSIT IS GOING TO SHUT DOWN ALL TRAINS AND BUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL Officials are making it mandatory that everyone is safe except for LOWES. Is working at your store really worth risking the life of employees IN THE MIDDLE OF A HURRICANE???????????????? Are profits really worth that much to you? Where are the owners of Lowes???? Why are THEY not in their stores when the Hurricane hits to make sure they make a profit????? If this is the mentality of Lowes, I hope that you enjoy blood money if god forbid anything happens to those hard working employees who have no choice.

I have a real hard time believing that store was open during the middle of the hurricane.

Tabitha472

They do not care if their employees are injured. Google the phrase "OSHA Lowe's". You will find that this company has a long history of not securing a safe workplace and then falsifying records about the number of employees that are injured.

Review

Lowes in Martinsburg, West Virginia - Told me i had to go to another line that one was for cops only

While in Lowes home emprovement store in Livingston, Teaxa on August 24, 2011, I went up to the check out to pay for my items. There were about 4 employes standing off to the side of the check out area bullshiting, when a duputy sherrif walked up with a few items in his basket. Imedately one of the employes ran over to check out his items, so being the shortestline I walked up to be checked out also. Thats whin I really got pissed off. There was only one other checker working and she had 6 people standing in line waiting. When i walked up behind the deputy to get checked out I was told I would have to get in the other line. So I told the deputy to go screw him self and left basket and merchandise there and left and went to another store.

Its was a special event appreciating police officers

Wow ur a shovenistic pig... Who the *** raised u????

I understand ur frustration but u hit ur wife?

Are u *** kidding? I am sure togs cashiers coukd walk circles around u intellectually I hope one day u get why is coming to u because holy Christ u are an ignorant ***.

Arrested...why don't you just go right on back to your trailer park and stay there. You don't belong in public.

Why did you tell the deputy to go screw himself? Was he the person that told you to go to another line?

I think I would of gotten mad at the cashier instead of the deputy. I know I would of been making a few calls to Lowe's complaining on that store.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Connellsville, Pennsylvania - Water heater - rippoff

I decided to upgrade and buy a bigger water heater 80 gallons. I bought the extended warrantee. In two years the water heater has rusted out and is leaking. Calling lowes and american water heater they told me the process. I have to send pictures for them to review. If after their review they decide they will cover I have to drain tank take it back to Lowes and they may replace. All labor is my expense. Stay away from lowes never buy appliances there. Go to sears they have much better warrantees. In addition it takes hours to get someone on the phone and they refuse to transfer you to a manager. This is a total scam stay away

I have almost the same case as you. I bought the new house about the second years and the water heater leaks and around the tank.

The plumber fix the leaking but the rusting, he points the finger to the manufacturer.

The manufacturer said that they guaranty for tank if it rusts from the inside tank out NOT from the outside in. Welcome to the same old ball game and good luck.

Lowes in Stone Mountain, Georgia - No Delivery

Wanted a Job-site delivery for tuesday am. No truck available as the driver is in the hospital. No back-up driver? Lost a comercial sale to Home Depot. Does this sound like a smart way to do business. One would think that the ecomomy would prompt us all to help any and every customer. I've been in the Loganville,Ga. store nearly every week since it opened, and the service (except for a bad Whirlpool D.Washer) has been good. My tendency as a Contractor is to have material delivered as my time is better spent on the job.

Why would a contractor shop at THEIR competitor? Lowes and Home Depot sell installed products.

That means they are bidding against you in many projects.

Seems like your in the business of going out of business. Shop locally where they supply you, not compete with you.

Have one of your customer's jobs been delayed because either you, or if you have any, one of your employees were sick? You don't hire a bunch of extra people just in case someone might call in sick.

Lowes in Columbus, New Jersey - Install

I went to Lowes to get a storm door. I wasn't sure of the size needed so I paid 35.00 to have a contractor come out to measure the door way for me. Now getting someone at the help deck was the 1st step, thank goodness the computer asks the ?'s otherwise I would still be there trying to order a contractor but 3 days go by and ( I ) call Lowes when no one has called to schedule this measurement I paid for. They tell me someone will be calling in the next 2 days so I ask if I can change my home # to my cell # so I don't have to be stuck to my house 3 more days but to my surprise they can't change the #. So finally I get a call from a company called Madison Construction that tells me they will be out in 3 days to do the measurement. I wait and wait and wait. Perhaps they measured a door for install but it surely wasn't my door. I guess I am to assume that who ever got their door measured will also get the door I ordered? Have to call the helpless deck again on Monday. Good luck to you if you use Lowes skilled contractors hope your experience is better then mine. PS if you get a door by accident pass it my way.

Same deal. Lowes is totally incompetent.

We went in, talked with salesman, chose a door, signed an order, paid $35 by credit card. Two weeks no call. We called them. They would send out someone.

One week later...nope. We called again. Someone did come and measured. Never came back.

We called them. Asked what is going on. The manager faxed us a contract. OK we signed and faxed it back.

Same person called again and said we didn't fax it. We did it again. No workman. Week later we called to ask.

Days later they call back and ask if we have cancelled. We said no we are waiting for our door. She answers "Come in and pay for it and we will schedule it". I asked if she pays for restaurant meals before eating them!

I told them they were incompetent and if they get an order this screwed up, I don't want them anywhere near my house.

Credit our account and don't ever expect me to visit your store again. :(

Lowes troy built junk

the troy built *** wacker i purchased at lowes 2 years ago has not worked properly since i bought it . never getting up to full power taking forever to get started and then not starting at all. have had the engine tuned up alwys use good gass at the correct amount of mixture just to have it sit there wile i get out the old trusty black and decker electric . Really , it is just *** . The tech blames the quality of gass . i blame troy built because they know about the fuel that is purchased and they should buid lawn equiptment that can work with it ........
big ben

go with husqvarna. support america.

not mtd. it is wal mart junk

Loss

Columbus, ms workers at lowes are low down.

8/20/11 i went to Lowe's in Columbus, ms. and asked for help !!! i am a divorced woman and my 80 yr. old mother lives with me. our air conditioner went out .. as i have learned it was a fuse in the past. i took the whole fuse holder to Lowe's and i found the fuses that i needed and then i asked for help to make sure that i had the right one... the if you wanta call him thatan employee went and checked and yes , i had the right ones.. i was gonna get two packs... i asked him could he check the ones that were in the holder and he said no... i ask him if i bought the thing that checked it would he help me and he said no... i asked for the manager ... i asked him the same thing and he said no..... if i buy something why cant they help me with it??????? that is what is wrong with this country ....folks don't won't to help others or do their jobs. it is so sad for management to be so low down. i see now where the name lowes comes from

You being divorced, your mothers age, or who lives with you, has NOTHING to do with your purchase at LOWES. If you go to a STORE to make a purchase, it us up to YOU to use that item for its intent, after the purchase.

If you need a handyman, hire a HANDYMAN. You wanted/paid for fuses, and got a salesman to sell you fuses. When you go to the grocery store do you expect the cashier to go home and cook the food for you also? The "problem" is NOT people not wanting to do their jobs, it people thinking they know what retail employees jobs are!

How many years did you work for Lowes? I misses that part.

Did you ask the manager if or who they could suggest, and the cost, of the installation department, or just expect to pay for 73% ground beef and get Prime Cut Steak? Duh!

They were doing their job. It is to help you find the product.

It is not their job to install parts, even something as simple as a fuse. The reason they won't put the fuse in for you is the legal system in our country.

If anything had happened to your air conditioner after you put the fuse holder with the fuses they put in it you would have no problem finding a lawyer who would gladly take Lowes to court and try to get you a bundle of money (of course they would take their cut as well). It is not worth the risk of a lawsuit to help people any more.

Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Palm Springs, California - Who chooses these repair companies!!?!!?

I have a four-year extended warranty on my w/d combo. Called for repairs to be done to non-functioning washer. Was told that the companies which provide service are all sixty miles or more away from where I live. There are two or three EXCELLENT repair companies I have used locally.....and who are recommended by contractors as well. Using someone that far away is inefficient and decidedly UNgreen. Travel time alone & gasoline will use up any "savings" which might have come from using the other guys. PLUS, I sit here unable to use the appliance, unable to do a laundry.....and I'm looking at a weekend with no one available. Ultimately, I decided to use the company of MY choice and HOPE that Lowe's will re-imburse me. This is NO way to run a business and another reason NOT to spend the extortionate amount of money that it costs to buy the extra warranty.

Using the repair company of my choosing, the parts were ordered, installed and everything done as promised.

The happy news is that Lowe's reimbursed me for the repairs....and SAID they would look into using a more local company for repairs.

We'll see.

Honest4Sure

In year 1, the mfr is solely responsible. After that, you are at the mercy of the plan administrator.

They choose the repair companies not on efficiency but on who accepts their fee schedule. In the long run, you lose.

You're right, of course. Instead of asking the department head, I SHOULD have read the fine print. But Lowe's had used the company I chose before.

again, my original note was not just about me being ticked off with ME but the about the idiocy of not having a local service. As it turned out, Whirlpool KNEW about this particular problem and ALSO knew that the part they were sending might not be the ONLY part required. That would take a SECOND mailing and a THIRD visit from the out-of-town repairmen.

Whirlpool knew because, apparently, this problem has occured before. But that wasn't in the fine print anywhere.

Next time you buy an extend warranty take the time to read it before you buy it. If you want your local shop to fix it check with them and see what warranty companies they work for and buy from them. Lowes has no obligation to reimburse you for repairs made by other shops.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Lowe's poor store assistance and customer service

Poor advice from Lowe's sales force leaves me with garage door that doesn't fit my house. They will not take return of product. They won't even order me the 2 correct partial panels that I need. I contacted their customer service dept. a week ago and they referred me to a third party that is basically telling me, don't call us, we'll call you. When I contacted the garage door maufacturer Amarr, they told me Lowe's can order the the 2 needed panels themselves. Why is it so difficult to assist an honest customer. My door is open to criminals and racoons for a week and a 1/2 because they don't help at all!